Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I enjoyed Britt and Maxie's snarkfest about where to park the baby.  I only wish, when Maxie threw the Rocco/Ben sitch in Britt's face (and I did like hearing that she still misses the baby she knew as Ben), Britt had known about Pillowena.  "Your last scheme in this arena involved a pillow so up your game!".  And I appreciated Robin coming up, through I like to pretend Britt and Robin's weird little alliance from the Faison days carried over and that they had a text chain about how much it suuucks having LWB/FS as a brother.

But that was quite the clank-y anvil when Britt said she'd take the secret to her grave.  I really hope they're not actually planning to kill her off.  Have her incapacitated somehow after no doubt handing the baby off to Brook, sure, but don't kill her, Show.

I loved their scenes today! And I really love Britt so they better not off her. If they off her and keep Peter...

Ultimate Rage GIF

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Benji said:

I know !  I winced when I heard that line and it just got worse from there. And they had only slept together once. No need to describe it further as "in the nursery". I guess it could have been worse. She could have said "in Wiley's nursery". 😣🤢🤮

I actually thought they referred to it as his playroom when Willow was painting it.

44 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why? Asking honestly. I don't see what's wrong with continuing to call it the nursery. It's not as if Wiley is a teenager.

It has nothing to do with them calling it nursery. They were talking about how they fucked in their 2 year old's nursery. And I find it very gross. 

• Love 4

I guess I’ve been confused. I thought the whole plot was that Brook Lynn would pretend to be pregnant to help Maxie deceive Peter. Maxie would have her real baby, give it to BL and then Peter that the baby died. Then when someone gave everyone a big break and actually killed P, Maxie would get her baby back. Or was that too logical and reasonable for any of the writers to think of that?

• Love 1

I copied the wrong quote. Sexing it up in a nursery isn't a great look. But I still want to know what's wrong with calling a 2-year-old's bedroom the nursery. It's not that wrong to me.

3 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I guess I’ve been confused. I thought the whole plot was that Brook Lynn would pretend to be pregnant to help Maxie deceive Peter. Maxie would have her real baby, give it to BL and then Peter that the baby died. Then when someone gave everyone a big break and actually killed P, Maxie would get her baby back. Or was that too logical and reasonable for any of the writers to think of that?

You've got it right except that BL isn't faking a pregnancy to help Maxie, she's faking it to get her ELQ shares back from Valentin or something like that. No one yet knows BL's pregnancy is fake, but we're all assuming Britt and/or Maxie will soon find out and rope her into their scheme to fool Peter.

• Love 2

It feels like the Millow sex while Chase is hallucinating being back with Willow is a giant F.U. to those of us who wanted Willow to choose Chase.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I wish Helena were still around to kill him. She wouldn't hesitate.

Without a backward glance. God, we need Helena back.

Good thing for Chase that Finn is going to drop by to check on Chase after he leaves Anna. He'd better, otherwise he's a terrible father.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Uncooked skinless chicken breast has potential. I think of Michael more as uncooked chicken breast with the skin still only, slimy, squiggly, and requiring a lot of icky work before it becomes something that can be used.

The chicken breast in question is also a few days past due so it might still be edible but it also might make you really, really regret eating it.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

"when we slept together, in the nursery." Is just so many kinds of wrong.

Wait til next week, when they segue to "when we slept together, on the mattress, in the living room." 

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

But that was quite the clank-y anvil when Britt said she'd take the secret to her grave.  I really hope they're not actually planning to kill her off.  Have her incapacitated somehow after no doubt handing the baby off to Brook, sure, but don't kill her, Show.

The fact they added in "and you can't know (who I give the baby to)" really doesn't bode well for ol' Britt.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, lala2 said:

but was it too much to ask for her to go to Chase and formally end things w/him. She has that poor sucker thinking they are dating and back on track when she stopped being in love w/him a long time ago. I will never understand why she has chosen to string him along. It makes no sense and is not a good look, IMO. 

This is what has me actively hating her now. What a dick move.

Thank god for ff.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, lala2 said:

Second, I cannot stand Willow. I just hate the character.  I didn't really pay attn to Millow today, and I don't care that she wants Michael . . . . but was it too much to ask for her to go to Chase and formally end things w/him. She has that poor sucker thinking they are dating and back on track when she stopped being in love w/him a long time ago. I will never understand why she has chosen to string him along. It makes no sense and is not a good look, IMO.  

While I doubt the show is acknowledge it, Willow chose to string Chase along because she didn’t know how Michael felt about her. He was her back-up option. Which is messed up and completely disregards his feelings but I think Willow gets that hero edit where no one mentions her bad qualities. Though maybe I’m biased because I’m not a fan of the character. I find her boring or smug most of the time and not very compelling to watch. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

While I doubt the show is acknowledge it, Willow chose to string Chase along because she didn’t know how Michael felt about her. He was her back-up option. Which is messed up and completely disregards his feelings but I think Willow gets that hero edit where no one mentions her bad qualities.

In other words, the perfect match for Michael. Selfish and sainted.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

In other words, the perfect match for Michael. Selfish and sainted.

Honestly just keep them together. Willow is a hypocrite and boring, and Micheal is boring and a mama's boy, so basically, they are perfect for each other. Chase is so lucky to escape that. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

You've got it right except that BL isn't faking a pregnancy to help Maxie, she's faking it to get her ELQ shares back from Valentin or something like that. No one yet knows BL's pregnancy is fake, but we're all assuming Britt and/or Maxie will soon find out and rope her into their scheme to fool Peter.

I think they dropped a huge anvil today about this whole plot.

BL will get roped into this by Britt and only Britt. Britt told Maxie that she would not tell her who will get her baby, it would be her secret alone and she is prepared to die for it. 

Britt ropes BL into this, gives her a baby, without telling her who the baby belongs to on the understanding that she will eventually have to give the baby back. Britt doesn't tell Maxie where her baby went. Britt is killed. BL ends up with Maxie's baby that she will end up raising with Valentin because she has no clue who the baby belongs to. And Maxie has told the whole world that her daughter is stillborn. If she decides that BL's baby is hers, then she will just be the grieving mother who is latching on to a little girl the same age as hers because hers died. 

The flip side is that if Peter is still alive and decides to get his revenge in Valentin, he might end up kidnapping his own baby and dumping it off somewhere only he knows.

So this is a mess.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Also, this country is still in the midst of a pandemic/public health crisis. WHY is it suddenly okay for the two actors two be making out on screen?! Not cool, GH.

Safety protocols and vaccinations, I'd say. 

Josh Swickard is so damn hot. Like, it's terrible but in any scene he's in, all I can look at is him. I'll never understand why Willow would pick Michael over Chase. Maybe it's the free place to live (the gatehouse is pretty swank) and the Quartermaine and Corinthos money that's the draw for her. 

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, ffwbe said:
6 hours ago, lala2 said:

While I doubt the show is acknowledge it, Willow chose to string Chase along because she didn’t know how Michael felt about her.

What? Boinking in Wiley’s nursery amongst the paint drop cloths didn’t tell her how he felt?🙄🙄🙄

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Stinger97 said:

Safety protocols and vaccinations, I'd say. 

Josh Swickard is so damn hot. Like, it's terrible but in any scene he's in, all I can look at is him. I'll never understand why Willow would pick Michael over Chase. Maybe it's the free place to live (the gatehouse is pretty swank) and the Quartermaine and Corinthos money that's the draw for her. 

honestly, it wouldn't surprise me that part of it is because of Wiley. (and by part i mean like 90 percent. If Chase had Wiley, would we be shocked if Willow chose Chase instead of Micheal?)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

If she decides that BL's baby is hers, then she will just be the grieving mother who is latching on to a little girl the same age as hers because hers died. 

This would have worked a few decades ago but since the 1960s, DNA testing for family genes has been very accurate. Of course, the show could just forget it exists.

And I really don't want Britt to die.

6 hours ago, Daisy said:

you know. let Willow be a caught up in that mob-moll world. Let Chase get someone really fun and cool.

But who is there other than Sasha, (who seems destined for Brando) and Brook Lyn? And I really don't want Chase with Brook Lyn, she needs someone twistier like Valentin. She'd just walk all over Chase with her plots, they're better as friends.

There really is a shocking lack of unattached people on this show who haven't been attached to each other before like Curtis and Portia.

• Love 2

So a bunch of people broke up today, broken up couples remain brokens, widows still think they are widows, but no worries Michael and Willow tired to move a mattress today..

Valentin has listed the Metrocourt Hotel and Restaurant as his home address.

Violet is learning how to deal with disappointment? Well I am sure it started when her mother and the only parents she has known for the first years of her life has disappeared with a trace.

Curtis has for a divorce. No worries Jordan, I hear that

Spoiler

Shawn is coming back. You know that man that you were in love with before Curtis after Tommy and after Andre.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

"when we slept together, on the mattress, in the living room." 

re: the mattress.  Has Willow been sleeping on the floor all this time?  Michael was too cheap to buy her a mattress, despite buying whatever Willow looked at (a chair?).  She really is too stupid to live if she:

a. didn't open the mattress in the room where she wanted it.

b. was unaware that it would re-inflate like an airbag going off.  (Which I'm sure they warn you about in the shipping materials). 

Now that they've broken in said mattress, I feel bad for the person who is going to get it when Willow sends it back.

Britt is setting it up so that when she dies, no one knows where Maxie's baby is located. 

re: the end of Jordan/Curtis's marriage.  Where is Aunt Stella, the queen of "I told you so"?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I copied the wrong quote. Sexing it up in a nursery isn't a great look. But I still want to know what's wrong with calling a 2-year-old's bedroom the nursery. It's not that wrong to me.

Maybe my judgment is clouded, because my daughter was born around the same time as Wiley, but seems 5 years older at this point. Because Wiley comes off as a prop, every infantilizing term they use about him is really grating to me. To be fair though, I don’t even think of my 9 month old’s room as a nursery. 

• Love 2

The nursery isn't Wylie's bedroom though, is it?

It seems a call back to the rich, upper class of Britain where the nursery was where the children lived, the floor above the family bedrooms and underneath the small unheated rooms where the servants slept.

In North America we would probably call it the play room. Calling it the nursery infantalizes Wylie, but then that's what Chase Michael and Willow tend to do.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Maxie & Brit are comedy gold. It’s funny how they call each out on their past without even meaning to but don’t take offense. I guesssssss Brook Lynn is going to end up with the baby because who else would make sense. That said, how would Maxie not suspect her. I guess we’ll have to see since Maxie is in her 12th month of pregnancy. Exactly, how long has it been? So, it looks like Chase is gonna get very sick and/or die. Josh Swickard has Netflix deals. He can’t being doing daytime. LOL!!!!! Once again, the stupid Peter storyline is going on another day. OMG! When will it end???????

• Love 3
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

In Primetime, on Bob ❤️ Abishola..

I don’t watch the show but I had no idea she was on that show. Now, I will show my age. I remember when Aunt Stella was on Welcome Back, Kotter and Carter Country. Yes. I’m that old. LOL!!!!!

• Love 6

BAA5E61C-9C40-4AC9-B4C4-8D7D3E2AF88E.gif.4b05696f9fee6bcea5015a94753587eb.gif

They really should have put a warning on that episode. You know, there’s “L” for language, “V” for violence... there should be a “MVS” for Millow Vanillow Sex. At least give us a chance to grab a blindfold, people.

So Britt won’t tell Maxi where the baby is, for her own protection? And Britt will take that secret to her grave? And this is reassuring to Maxie, how?  I mean, has she thought about how she would find the kid once Britt croaks? 

Yes, I know, Brook Lynn will end up with the kid, and Maxie will know exactly where she is, but it’s weird that she would even consider being kept in the dark. And also, Show, stop with the foreshadowing about killing Britt. Not cool. Not cool at all.

On 4/10/2021 at 8:21 PM, TeeVee329 said:

The lazy Susan thing was stupid, a weirdly non-specific memory in the "Morgan loved penguins!" vein.

Ah, yes, but did you know that Morgan loved to spin his penguins on a Lazy Susan? What a scamp.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I don’t watch the show but I had no idea she was on that show. Now, I will show my age. I remember when Aunt Stella was on Welcome Back, Kotter and Carter Country.

I've become a fan of Bob ❤️ Abishola and Vernee is one of the more consistently funny actors on a pretty good show. A little Aunt Stella bringing down the Hammer of Truth would be nice right about now.

5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Yes. I’m that old. LOL!!!!!

You and me both, heh. I was in 7th grade when Welcome Back Kotter premiered. "I'm Vinnie Barbarino," wow, how John Travolta has changed.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Calling it the nursery infantalizes Wylie, but then that's what Chase and Willow tend to do.

Chase has nothing to do with it. It's the SLS and Willow who continue to infantilize Wiley. As well as the SheBeast.

8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I don’t watch the show but I had no idea she was on that show. Now, I will show my age. I remember when Aunt Stella was on Welcome Back, Kotter and Carter Country. Yes. I’m that old. LOL!!!!!

She also played Will Smith's mother on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

This would have worked a few decades ago but since the 1960s, DNA testing for family genes has been very accurate. Of course, the show could just forget it exists.

You treat this as though it's real life. This is the same show that didn't test Jason for gunpowder residue and thinks nothing of doctor-patient confidentiality. Or has these stupid trials that have nothing to do with the law.

And I really don't want Britt to die.

I don't want her to die either because I like her and I think she is leaps and bounds better than a lot of characters we have and is very entertaining. But between her homicidal brother and her jazz hand, something's got to give.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:
12 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

If she decides that BL's baby is hers, then she will just be the grieving mother who is latching on to a little girl the same age as hers because hers died. 

But it's not like Maxie could just randomly demand a test and it be granted.  If Britt does die--and she's the only one who knows--what proof would Maxie have to get a test?

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

You treat this as though it's real life. This is the same show that didn't test Jason for gunpowder residue and thinks nothing of doctor-patient confidentiality. Or has these stupid trials that have nothing to do with the law.

Please. This is the same show that acted like it was still in the 1950s when Diane went on about how SLS needed to be married to someone with no "scandal" attached to her name, in order to get custody of Wiley; and that because Sasha lied/scammed about being Nina's daughter, that would for SURE make the judge not grant custody. He needed someone "good". Enter: Willow.

4 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

But it's not like Maxie could just randomly demand a test and it be granted.  If Britt does die--and she's the only one who knows--what proof would Maxie have to get a test?

Maybe Britt will leave a letter: to be opened in the event of my death that reveals where the bebe is, if it doesn't actually end as a tock.

• Love 2

Maybe ONLY Britt will know BL's pregnancy is fake and will give her the baby. That way Maxie does not suspect BL's baby is hers, and thinks someone else out there has it. By the time Britt dies, BL has become attached to the baby, and it has made things right with ELQ, so she might just keep her mouth shut, creating a year's long "when will Maxie find her baby?" story arc. (Answer: who cares?!) 

I swear to God if Britt and Chase die, I will quit watching this show! (Disclaimer: My threats are about as potent as Cyrus'!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Good thing for Chase that Finn is going to drop by to check on Chase after he leaves Anna. He'd better, otherwise he's a terrible father.

Terrible person in general: father, brother, doctor, doesn't matter his relationship to Chase.

11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

DNA testing for family genes has been very accurate

Not at GH!

11 hours ago, ciarra said:

Has Willow been sleeping on the floor all this time? 

No, it's a replacement for the one she had been using.

11 hours ago, ciarra said:

Britt is setting it up so that when she dies, no one knows where Maxie's baby is located. 

Which is not a great plan. She needs to put a note in a safety deposit box or something.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Brook Lynn doesn't strike me as the kind of person who wants  baby, even her own right now. Maybe @TVbitch
is right and she will grow to love the baby and not want to give her back but I doubt that Valentin will want to keep a baby who is not his so he might agree to the test, or Maxie could just claim that the babies could have been switched at birth.

This whole plotline is incredibly tiresome already. I'm bored just typing that. I don't want it to run another year or more.

I'm not happy with the idea of Britt dying, especiallyto prop a Maxie/Peter baby storyline. I'd rather Sasha, Willow, Jordan, Jackie or Portia die before Britt. I'd really rather Joss or Michael died but that's not going to happen.

• Love 5

I wish we didn't have to suffer through another baby switch so soon after the nightmare that was Wiley. It's probably weird that I like how BL and Maxie's pregnancies are meshing, but the aftermath is going to be completely botched anyway, since the writers are eternally unable to follow through on stories properly.

• Love 6

But Brooke could agree to let Valentin raise the baby saying she knows he can provide a loving, stable environment while getting ELQ back as a bargaining chip. Then, when Valentin learns of the deceit, he still protects baby Lu because he is terrified of Peter getting his hands on the child. And we all get more Peter baby shenanigans that way which the writers just KNOW we're all aching for.

• Love 3

So...Chase will probably have some rare viral infection that only Peter knows the cure for, as a result, Anna and Valentine will have to allow him to resume his dastardly deeds, is that it?

AARGH...this show has been fairly decent lately, but the curse of LWB is really dragging it down.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think they dropped a huge anvil today about this whole plot.

BL will get roped into this by Britt and only Britt. Britt told Maxie that she would not tell her who will get her baby, it would be her secret alone and she is prepared to die for it. 

Britt ropes BL into this, gives her a baby, without telling her who the baby belongs to on the understanding that she will eventually have to give the baby back. Britt doesn't tell Maxie where her baby went. Britt is killed. BL ends up with Maxie's baby that she will end up raising with Valentin because she has no clue who the baby belongs to. And Maxie has told the whole world that her daughter is stillborn. If she decides that BL's baby is hers, then she will just be the grieving mother who is latching on to a little girl the same age as hers because hers died. 

The flip side is that if Peter is still alive and decides to get his revenge in Valentin, he might end up kidnapping his own baby and dumping it off somewhere only he knows.

So this is a mess.

I disagree it's a mess. I think it's an awesome, brilliantly, beautifully soap story that involves a whole mess of characters across the board! Maxie, Leisl, Mac, Robert, Anna, the Quartermaines, Dante through Maxie, Jason through Britt -- if something further happens with that, Chase through Maxie and if something more has happened with BL, Peter, Nina.

This is good stuff that has been set-up well! I love it! I hope this is what they decide to do! *sigh* I continue to wish there was a positivity thread.

Minus Britt dying. Maybe she'll just get kidnapped or get conked on the head by Peter and has partial memory loss! Thus that's why no one knows where the baby is!

Edited by driver18
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Or instead of putting Britt in the grave or a coma or giving her amnesia (I cannot deal with two amnesia stories running concurrently), Britt gives the baby to Brook Lynn but tells Maxie she's just going to take the baby and go into hiding with it. Maxie agrees because she trusts and knows Britt. Britt leaves PC, Peter goes after her, a few years later we hear that Peter died in an elephant stampede, Britt comes back and exposes Brook's baby lie. 

This is all based on the idea that KT is signed for a short run. 

I’m no prude, but Willow humping SLS on the mattress made me wanna 🤮.  Poor Chase.

i always did kinda think that Willow was attracted to the $.  When they first got married she seemed awfully comfortable with it awfully quickly, not batting an eye at the fancy breakfast spread her first morning after coming downstairs in the obligatory ‘I’m rich, bitch’ silk robe.

I hope there is a gif of Anna tasing Peter because I can watch that All. Day. Long.

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

I hope there is a gif of Anna tasing Peter because I can watch that All. Day. Long.

Get out of my head! That's been running through my mind since I saw it! I need that SO MUCH. I don't know why Anna just doesn't do to Heinrik, what she did to Faison--dump him in a hole in the ground!

25 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Get out of my head! That's been running through my mind since I saw it! I need that SO MUCH. I don't know why Anna just doesn't do to Heinrik, what she did to Faison--dump him in a hole in the ground!

Aren't they related?

Ahh Obrecht "wake up and smell the psychopath",  good advice !

Also when she was admonishing Britt for banging her elbow, such a mother!

I can't remember why Brooke and Chase are friends

• Love 1

Let's have Wiley die, and then we'll see how much you and Willow love each other, Michael. Watching those two be schmoopy is not something I want to watch.

Why on earth would Michael think his being there when Willow goes to break up with Chase is a good thing?

LOL at Finn's bar-warming gift to Curtis of a portable defibrillator. Hee. Have they always been confidants?

6 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I can't remember why Brooke and Chase are friends

It started because he kept arresting her and went from there.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Why on earth would Michael think his being there when Willow goes to break up with Chase is a good thing?

Because he's Michael. He's a dunce. I despise him and his spawn. 

There are just absolutely no words about this grossness that is Willow and Michael, in bed and kissing and declaring their love for one another. I rolled my eyes so much that I have a headache now.

And now this shit will be dragged on and on. Willow will feel bad dumping Chase, Chase will think he and Willow are back on and Michael will stand there with his mouth hanging open and looking stupider than ever.

It should all be riveting television.

• Love 7