Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Michael and Willow are already so unrootable as a couple, giving them this (admittedly classically soap) "woman stands by man while he's sick while sharing longing looks with another man" storyline is only going to make them look worse.

Are we supposed to be caring about Sasha and Brando?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Also also no one is gonna go "Oh yah, totally, Elijah? TOTALLY embezzled money! don't hire him!" like.. come on show. a LITTLE EFFORT HERE. 

How else will Mike get one up on Elijah? It's annoying that Elijah has to be so terrible in order for Sonny to be the hero. Ugh. 

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Why do people care now that Dev was in the country illegally? The guy is dead. I don't think ICE would care.

This drives me nuts. If Dev were still alive, it might be worth doing something, and even then, it's pretty small potatoes. Diane would likely negotiate a fine, so using this as a way to get to Sonny seems pretty weak.

3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Michael and Willow are already so unrootable as a couple, giving them this (admittedly classically soap) "woman stands by man while he's sick while sharing longing looks with another man" is only going to make them look worse.

It really does make them look terrible. Part of the problem for me is that too many people have already told Michael and Willow that they're the bestest! couple! evah! They need to be on shakier ground, and Willow should be more torn between Michael and Chase, or at least not so committed to Michael so soon.

7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I care about them more than I do Michael and Willow, but that's not saying much.

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I don't think so. They only moved Sasha on to Brando so that Michael would be completely free to be with Willow.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Probably not, but at least Sasha is out of the purgatory that is Michael. 

No truer words could be spoken then when Sasha, in response to Brando saying "I'm sorry" about her and Michael ending things, was "I'm not."  Somewhere in her subconscious girlfriend knows she dodged a bullet - both literally and figuratively.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Dante to Michael: "No one deserves happiness more than you."  Except almost every character on the canvas not named Corinthos. 

YUP. I absolutely loathed that line. I'm going to assume that Chase will find out from Dante that Willow and Michael "are together now" when Dante mistakenly thinks (due to something Chase says) that Willow ended their relationship. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I love how eveyrone is getting excited that Trina and Joss have gotten into PCU.  I always thought PCU was the lamo college, where everyone gets in, so long as they know how to spell their name.  "You get into PCU.  And you get into PCU.  And you get into PCU....."

Also suddenly PCU is has a Division 1 Volleyball team.

So where did Peter, Anna and Val go to. Yesterday, Peter said he wasn't going to given the antidote. Did they knock him out and drag him back to the basement. Or did they shrug their shoulders and said oh well.

Dante has spent more time around Willow when she was Charlotte's teacher than he has seen Willow and Michael together, and this includes the first month or so when he was living at the Q mansion with them.

Finn actually mentioned that a toxin could be the cause of Chase's numbness. If only someone could send a note with secret ink that could tell him about the secret poisoning.

As for Willow, I firmly believe that she developed some type of Stockholm Syndrome when everyone pushed her to marry Michael for Wiley's sake and went through a marriage of convenience. Now she might end in a relationship with a man you may be dying. Let's see if they reignites her domarnt feelings for Chase.

Jax is an idiot. He has been searching for a clue to find Nina. Talk to Curtis as he found Phyllis last time and he probably has her home address.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Probably not; but at least they actually have chemistry, and Sasha is away from Milquetoast Millow.

• Love 5

Good to know that the unchangeable essence of Sonny in all points in space and time is a smarmy, egocentric, know-it-all  douchebag. PS. I've grown to hate Phyllis too. 

Well, at least Brando had a quippy come-on line and made it clear he wanted Sasha. Michael twisted his pasty white toe in the sand for fucking ever moping after Willow with that stupid look on his face. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

The Sonny storyline is so boring and beyond dumb. I don’t care about Smike or this Elijah dude. When will it end? I thought adding might spice up the joint but she’s walking around in a daze. Pure torture. 

• Love 6

Again, every character on the show has to be stupid in order for the plotpoint to work. 

Gladys, the star 'witness' against Jason, was also complicit in the Dev immigration fraud. If Cyrus exposes Brando, he loses Gladys too, and no one can do that math. 

( That is, if any federal agency even cares about one dead teen) 

I'm just relieved that Wiley finally was put to bed, it's hours after the Bernardino dinner and people are still dropping in at the boathouse so Michael can talk about Willow.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

Again, every character on the show has to be stupid in order for the plotpoint to work. 

Gladys, the star 'witness' against Jason, was also complicit in the Dev immigration fraud. If Cyrus exposes Brando, he loses Gladys too, and no one can do that math. 

( That is, if any federal agency even cares about one dead teen) 

Know how the feds finally got Al Capone on tax evasion? Maybe Sonny finally gets sent to jail for immigration fraud. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, TVbitch said:

PS. I've grown to hate Phyllis too. 

I don't quite hate her yet, but she's rapidly gaining do-not-like points. First for taking in "Mike," then totally giving up on trying to figure out who he is (and not pushing him to), then pushing him and Nina together. She's done just about everything she shouldn't do, heh.

5 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

Maybe Sonny finally gets sent to jail for immigration fraud. 

As if. Like I wrote above, Diane could negotiate a fine or something. Or, knowing how this show works, Sonny would be given a medal because he rescued a poor street kid from Turkey. Who else has the heart to do that? 

• Love 5

I liked that Sasha put Brando on the spot for knowing about cars. She shouldn't have to say anything about it in the first place.

Anna or Valentin should make an anonymous phone call to GH to tell Finn what's going on with Chase. They are so dumbed down for this stupid story.

Wow, Sonny sucks. He couldn't care less he might have family somewhere that's desperate to find him. No, he likes the pace of Nixon Falls, so Nixon Falls it is! Typical Sonny thinking only about himself.

LOL that Nik has dispatched people to "infiltrate the bakery."

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't quite hate her yet, but she's rapidly gaining do-not-like points. First for taking in "Mike," then totally giving up on trying to figure out who he is (and not pushing him to), then pushing him and Nina together. She's done just about everything she shouldn't do, heh.

It seems like Phyllis has become (or maybe was always intended as) a human plot point, a character there only to advance the preposterousness of an out-there storyline.  I guess we have Jax potentially breaking into it, but the Tan-O scene has been incredibly disconnected, feeling like the scenes are cutaways or filler.  It’s almost like MB and CW are off shooting something else somewhere so the writers created this to accommodate their schedules.  It has/had potential but I’ve just about lost interest.

Edited by mbluecpa
  • Love 6

Why did they give Willow and Michael a love scene, but decided against that with Brando/Sasha and Nikolas/Ava? Are they that desperate to tell us that Michael is also some sex god, or are they worried that putting up Willow/Michael against other couples will show everyone just how devoid of chemistry those two are?

Anna and Valentin are dumber than a box of rocks. Chase might die, but they won't lift a finger to let Finn know that he was poisoned while Peter goes skipping back to Maxie, because they have to do what Peter wants them to do. Those two were some super duper WSB agents? Give me a break! And for the love of whatever, stop telling us how Peter is like Faison and how Faison would have done this and that. Yes, got it! Peter is as bad as his father even though he is very good at cowering in corners when threatened. It's had to take Peter seriously when he is one step away from being one of the Looney Tunes.

Does anyone give a flying fuck about what's happening in Nixon Falls? I hope Nixon does fall off the face of the earth and takes with it the least interesting characters, least interesting storyline ever. Is this the best they could come up with? They could have just sent Mo on an extended vacation while they played out this stuff in PC with Cyrus, the mob and whatever else.

Gladys sure doesn't look happy seeing Sasha around her son.

I really don't give a rat's ass about anything to do with this "give me back my mother" storyline the lazy writers have come up with.

• Love 10

Why did Anna need to see Cyrus in person to realize that she could best Peter by using the same methods she used against Faison? Again, the dumbing down they've had to do on her to make this stupid story work is enraging.

It doesn't look like Alexis has much protection in Pentonville (and gross that she's the only one [save for Michael] they've ever shown there being menaced), so Nik should stop his plan right now before the inevitable failure and making things worse.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, Daisy said:

Old Woman Brain - SLS? 

I find it hilarious that Carly dreams up Sonny  - and Sonny doesn't even ask about kids first. just about their true love Jason. Truly i don't get why they bothered giving these guys kids

Most of their children were stolen!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Michael has slept with Willow exactly twice and he's already moving in. What's that joke about bringing a U-Haul to the third date?

There is no way Chase's tests all came back normal.when 20 minutes later he couldn't feel his hands or legs. There are precursors to nerve damage.

Why did Phyllis identify herself to Jax? Now he knows where to find Nina.

It shows how amazing Sonny is even though he's lost his memory. He's a killer poker player, understands the intricacies of being a venture capitalist and knows how to be a super PI. He'll save Nina yet, while he's saving Phyllis and Lenny from Elijah.

Because they're perfect and perfect people have children. Even if they come fourth or even lower down.

Don't forget Mayberry Mike Dances With Brooms!

• LOL 5

I do not understand the point of Jason and Carly kidnapping Florence if everyone in Port Charles including the mayor and PCPD (such as they are) are literally shrugging their shoulders at Cyrus that his mother is being held against her will and he doesn't know where she is. The entire town is now an accessory to a federal crime. And hey, if kidnapping a family member can neutralize the enemy so badly WHY HAS NO ONE KIDNAPPED AVERY OR DONNA OR JOSSLYN while Sonny is gone? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Michael has slept with Willow exactly twice and he's already moving in. What's that joke about bringing a U-Haul to the third date?

The conversation with Dante was just so...weird.  Michael came off as a starry-eyed teen who’d just gotten a date for the prom.  CD gets that “gee whiz” look a lot and that didn’t help.  Hoping that Dante would get his detective job back so that he could “be there” for Chase.  🙄

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Does anyone give a flying fuck about what's happening in Nixon Falls?

See, this will teach me not to multitask and read here while on a conference call.  I cannot like this enough!  I also cannot muster up interest in the college acceptance storyline.  I know it’s the actress’ passion (and apparently she’s very talented) but “volleyball” has become my new drinking game.

Edited by mbluecpa
  • Love 4

the writers could have just had sonny in a coma or in prison to send him out of port Charles for a while.  I agree the scenes set in Nixon falls feel like they don't belong on the show. 

If sonny can take the time to investigate  that guy why isn't he taking the time to find out who he is?

How does Nina add to the story?

Edited by lorj
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

The entire town is now an accessory to a federal crime.

LOL. It kind of is. 

26 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

And hey, if kidnapping a family member can neutralize the enemy so badly WHY HAS NO ONE KIDNAPPED AVERY OR DONNA OR JOSSLYN while Sonny is gone? 

We've been asking this for weeks. I could see Cyrus not retaliating if Sonny were around, but he's not, Jason is in jail, and Cyrus knows Carly is under pressure. Now is the perfect time to grab someone close to Carly! (I'd suggest kidnapping Carly herself, but no one deserves that Ransom of Red Chief redux.)

Yet more dumbing down for an idiotic story.

24 minutes ago, lorj said:

If she were prank-calling Carly with snippets of Sonny talking, that would be adding something. As it is, spending time with the evul!!11!! Elijah and maybe falling for "Mike," she's pointless.

I don't know why they're teasing a Sonny/Nina hookup, because once he gets his memory back (the sooner the better, please, Show!), she's going to get the Wrath of the Corinthii raining down on her, and she can kiss her access to Wiley goodbye. No way Jax is going to be able to justify keeping Sonny for his family to Michael and Willow.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL. It kind of is. 

I really don't think the point of this story is for us to feel bad for Cyrus The Most Evil Mobster Ever but I kind of feel bad for him in this case where the entire town is both useless and complacent in a crime, including the mayor which happens to be his half-sister.

• Love 6

I've been feeling bad about Cyrus for some time now, unable to find out about his mother. I take it that's not what the show is going for.

I don't care how many times Anna talks about Peter being like Faison, he's still no Faison to me.

Carly is a whiny toddler. She's lost the two men she counts on for her privileged status and she can't deal with it.

58 minutes ago, lorj said:

If sonny can take the time to investigate  that guy why isn't he taking the time to find out who he is?

He's happy! Nina keeps offering to help him find out who he is but he doesn't want to. So much for that True Love with the blonde woman he keeps seeing. He's quite happy being in Nixon Falls, flashing his dimples at Nina, and never finding out who she is.

29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

(I'd suggest kidnapping Carly herself, but no one deserves that Ransom of Red Chief redux.)

I would advise not kidnapping Joss for the same reason. Avery is with Ava but Donna is helpless and in need of constant care like Florence so there's a poetic justice in that.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lorj said:

Again I wonder - why have Nina enter into the sisters pact with Britt and Maxie only to be stuck on Sonny Amnesia Island?

The Sonny stuff is so dreadfully boring, you guys.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news - why is Dr. Michael Easton treating Chase?  He's his brother slash dad!

"I'm sorry, this is an obvious conflict of interest." -no one ever at all, apparently

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news - why is Dr. Michael Easton treating Chase?  He's his brother slash dad!

I get that they're related and all that, but at least Finn's specialty, which is infectious diseases, is closely related to Chase's problem.  I hate when doctors treat patients that are not in their specialty, like that would ever happen.  

• Love 4

Even if it was for a second and the follow up scene after commercial didn’t show them leaving or what the SheBeast had to say, at least Anna was able to SHUT the RAVENING beast’s mouth when she told her if she went after Gladys, an innocent would die; and that while Heinrik could live with someone’s blood on his hands, “Can you?”

Otherwise, Anna and Valentin are being dumbed down just to prop Heinrik.🤬🤬🤬

And now Laura is pissing me off.

3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I really don't think the point of this story is for us to feel bad for Cyrus The Most Evil Mobster Ever but I kind of feel bad for him in this case where the entire town is both useless and complacent in a crime, including the mayor which happens to be his half-sister.

I can't go that far. How hard has Cyrus tried to find his mother? Nik apparently had Captain Whoever find her in about two hours. Cyrus The Most Evil Mobster Ever is turning out to be as big an idiot as the people he's trying to take over.

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I don't care how many times Anna talks about Peter being like Faison, he's still no Faison to me.

Seriously. Peter has picked up few tips on how to torment people. That hardly puts him in Faison's league. When Peter starts wearing rubber masks, we'll talk.

2 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

"I'm sorry, this is an obvious conflict of interest." -no one ever at all, apparently

Like HIPAA, conflict of interest is invoked only when it's a plot point.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's just so annoying.  Where is Britt to grind his gears about this!

Britt's busy treating her pregnant sister-in-law. Ahem.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Maybe they cancel each other out. Like you can’t treat your brother or your son, but your brother-son is totes okay. 

• LOL 9
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Because they cancel each other out. It’s all perfectly logical. Said none of the writing staff. 

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Since he put said half-sister's daughter in a coma, my sympathy is at nil for Cyrus. Also, given that Florence herself wants nothing to do with him makes me care even less about Cyrus's wishes and whining.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

the Tan-O scene has been incredibly disconnected, feeling like the scenes are cutaways or filler.  It’s almost like MB and CW are off shooting something else somewhere so the writers created this to accommodate their schedules.  

I’m guessing it’s something exactly like this. Limiting character interaction is a way for production to bank a lot of scenes quickly. So if Mo wanted to go on vacation, they could shoot all his Tan-O crap in a week or so, but show it over a course of months. That way, the audience would never have to endure time away from his enchanting dimples.

If it’s not vacation, an alternate explanation could be that Mo wanted to limit interaction with other actors due to Covid, and they’re accommodating him. Either way, I find it hard to believe that the scintillating storyline was the driving force.

15 hours ago, statsgirl said:

He's happy! Nina keeps offering to help him find out who he is but he doesn't want to. So much for that True Love with the blonde woman he keeps seeing. He's quite happy being in Nixon Falls, flashing his dimples at Nina, and never finding out who she is.

Maybe, somewhere in his lizard brain, he just knows he’s better off.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
22 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Maybe, somewhere in his lizard brain, he just knows he’s better off.

I remember seeing this on an episode of a show a million years ago.  I think it might have been Spenser for Hire.  A guy with no memory shows up.  Spenser (assuming I have the show right) was trying to get him to figure out who he was and the guy was afraid he was a murderer or something.  Spenser asked him if he felt like a murderer.  He said no. Can't remember where it went from there.

1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

If it’s not vacation, an alternate explanation could be that Mo wanted to limit interaction with other actors due to Covid, and they’re accommodating him. Either way, I find it hard to believe that the scintillating storyline was the driving force.

I don't know---I could see MB as having said he wanted something different, where he was basically the center of attention, to display his vast acting ~skills.  What's that you say?  "Mike" is just like Sonny?  No, but see, he's wearing flannel and has gray hair, so totally different!

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
On 4/16/2021 at 7:02 AM, sacrebleu said:

Yup.

21 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

? Are they that desperate to tell us that Michael is also some sex god, or are they worried that putting up Willow/Michael against other couples will show everyone just how devoid of chemistry those two are?

Yes and Yes.

21 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why did Anna need to see Cyrus in person to realize that she could best Peter by using the same methods she used against Faison?

She didn't. Valentin and Anna had no idea Cyrus would be there. Anna didn't want to leave because it would show weakness/fear.  She decided to introduce herself instead and look "the enemy in the eye."

20 hours ago, LexieLily said:

And hey, if kidnapping a family member can neutralize the enemy so badly WHY HAS NO ONE KIDNAPPED AVERY OR DONNA OR JOSSLYN while Sonny is gone? 

Better yet, why has no one kidnapped WILEY? Avery is Ava's, who is not living at Casa Corinthos for however long that lasts. Josslyn is a h.s. senior with an annoying mouth on her and possibly capable of escaping, plus Sonny's minions would be less invested because she's not Sonny's kid. Donna is what, a year old? Waaayyyy too much work.
Wiley, however, is the Golden Child's son and it seems like the whole damned town is invested in that kid for one reason or another. Kidnapping "MIchael's son, our grandson" and threatening that he will grow up with another family overseas would scare people, create lots of drama ... and possibly get Willow thinking about her idiotic choices. 

19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Seriously. Faison would be ashamed of Peter's constant whining.  But this isn't surprising; the Show has a lazy history and even current track record with like father, like son/like mother like daughter comparisons: Alan and (pre-accident) medicine-focused Jason, Luke and Lucky,  Laura and Lulu (in need of psych care), Sonny and Morgan, Carly and Josslyn, Nikolas and Spencer, Michael and Wiley, and (out of Cam's mouth) Zander and Cam. That one was absurd, since Cam never even met Zander. Ironically, Cam is much more like the father of his formative years who is not being acknowledged, JJ's Lucky, when Lucky was a teenager. Playing guitar and singing, hacking computers, very loyal/kind friend to a girl,  were characteristics of young Lucky Spencer.  

17 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And now Laura is pissing me off.

Laura needs to get it through her head she can't rely on or trust Carly.  She used to know that.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Kidnapping "MIchael's son, our grandson" and threatening that he will grow up with another family overseas would scare people, create lots of drama ..

I would be willing to have Wylie live if he grew up with another family overseas. Drama now, drama when he returns SORASed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why did Anna need to see Cyrus in person to realize that she could best Peter by using the same methods she used against Faison?

She didn't. Valentin and Anna had no idea Cyrus would be there. Anna didn't want to leave because it would show weakness/fear.  She decided to introduce herself instead and look "the enemy in the eye."

I didn't mean to suggest that Anna sought out Cyrus, but she did say, after seeing him, that she now knew how to defeat Peter. I thought it was odd that seeing Cyrus in person made her realize something about Peter and Faison.

Wiley, however, is the Golden Child's son and it seems like the whole damned town is invested in that kid for one reason or another. Kidnapping "MIchael's son, our grandson" and threatening that he will grow up with another family overseas would scare people, create lots of drama ... and possibly get Willow thinking about her idiotic choices. 

Oh, I like this, though Wiley does need more supervision than, say, Joss. But taking Wiley does hurt way more people. And of course, he should not survive the kidnapping. Bonus points if Shawn accidentally fatally shoots him. (In my scenario, Shawn is out of prison and, wanting to help, joins the rescue team. But being Shawn, he misses his intended target and hits Wiley, fatally, instead.)

13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I would be willing to have Wylie live if he grew up with another family overseas. Drama now, drama when he returns SORASed.

I have to consider this for a bit. Right now, I'm anti-Wiley because he's a baby and sucking up way too much airtime. The idea of a SORASed Wiley, who wants to stick it to his father, isn't one I hate.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

Me: Fuck you writers, I'll just go watch Days instead.

So, to sum up, our four heroes, everyone:

Carly: image.thumb.jpeg.c4f3a0d15ec1ae874c71d49cebba7fe2.jpeg

Sonny: image.jpeg.67665791e83b698736a13116a8842210.jpeg

Jason: image.png.61add90ee493e97b573be7763d0d8b46.png
Michael: image.png.ff0813c97ebed422b5ee18d5bba714d1.png

Couldn't have said it better!😍

Great illustrations too. You're lucky you found such perfect likenesses of our 4 "heroes" of "this f'ing show".🤪

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

So, to sum up, our four heroes, everyone:

Carly: image.thumb.jpeg.c4f3a0d15ec1ae874c71d49cebba7fe2.jpeg

Sonny: image.jpeg.67665791e83b698736a13116a8842210.jpeg

Jason: image.png.61add90ee493e97b573be7763d0d8b46.png
Michael: image.png.ff0813c97ebed422b5ee18d5bba714d1.png

Brilliant, they're all perfect, but just my personal choice for Sonny:

penguin-web.jpg&quality=70&width=808

(Oompa Loompas make chocolate after all, while Sonny steals joy from the world, like it's other people's children.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I have to consider this for a bit. Right now, I'm anti-Wiley because he's a baby and sucking up way too much airtime. The idea of a SORASed Wiley, who wants to stick it to his father, isn't one I hate.

I would be on board with a SORASed Wiley who has been in touch with Lucas all the years he has been away and wants Lucas to be his father, again.

• Love 6
On 4/16/2021 at 4:30 PM, Melgaypet said:

They could do a whole thing with that like they did on AMC when they wouldn’t let David Haywood operate on his daughter’s heart (which was his specialty, and he was more talented than everyone else available.).  That would at least be interesting.  With Britt telling Finn he can’t treat his brother/son.

Also, how much is ELQ worth?  Nik had the capital to take it over a few years ago, and Valentin did too, even though he had lost the Cassadine fortune.  Then there’s BL who gives up what, a 5% stake in a MULTI BILLION DOLLAR international corporation just to get out of a recording contract with some third rate music producer?  5% of even $1 billion is $50 million.  So Valentin buys a large percentage of stock plus voting proxies with what might be a $10-20 million personal fortune?  There’s no way he would have the juice to finance the difference even if he’s fairly connected.  And I suspect the intention is that ELQ is worth many billions, not just one.

Do they not have a show bible to consult to avoid this kind of lazy writing?  Or do they just not give a damn?

• Love 3