Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I hate to admit this....  but I found Jason almost likable when he gave Mike those earbuds and played him some Tony Bennett.  

I wish Taggart’s arrival hadn’t been spoiled in the previews.  You could tell in the episode they were building up to a reveal and that would have been such a cool surprise.  A jump-up-and-squee moment like when Nik barged into the wedding carrying Ava.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, paisley said:

'm looking forward to a Nell murder mystery with a cast of thousands and far flung repercussions

Meh.  They'll mess it up and it will turn out to be Schmaisy, Daisy's sister and a member of the Dawnies.  

1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

And gee, talking about going away on a trip?

My first thought when Michael suggested it, was that Sasha's answer should have been 'hell no, last time I went on vacation with you, a crazy lady gave me an almost uncurable disease'

1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

Why couldn't have Brad been the one placed in a Coma instead of Lucas?

That could have been interesting with Lucas finding out at the last second the truth about Wylie.  

• Love 2

I generally like Willow, but I wanted to drop kick her when she ran to Michael with her "WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING--WILEY ISN'T SAFE WITH BRAD!" crap.  I know we're all supposed to root for her and Michael to get that kid away from him because EVUL NELLE/EVUL BRAD/MICHAEL'S THE REAL DAD, but I can't.  As far as THEY all know, that child was legally adopted by Brad and Lucas, and the birth mother and friggin' godfather can't swoop in 2 years down the road because they've decided the kid is in danger.  Literally, if CPS isn't involved, you pains in the ass have no right to any claim, so sit your asses down.

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I generally like Willow, but I wanted to drop kick her when she ran to Michael with her "WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING--WILEY ISN'T SAFE WITH BRAD!" crap.  I know we're all supposed to root for her and Michael to get that kid away from him because EVUL NELLE/EVUL BRAD/MICHAEL'S THE REAL DAD, but I can't.  As far as THEY all know, that child was legally adopted by Brad and Lucas, and the birth mother and friggin' godfather can't swoop in 2 years down the road because they've decided the kid is in danger.  Literally, if CPS isn't involved, you pains in the ass have no right to any claim, so sit your asses down.

Willow loved her son and gave him up for adoption for the express purpose of keeping him safe.  sure, legally, you're right.  But, she's not going to stop loving and caring just because someone else adopted him.  Her prime directive is to still keep her baby safe.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Katy M said:
16 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

If Brad was smart, he'd give the kid to Julian. That would piss off everybody, including Nelle.

I don't think pissing Nelle off would be smart.  If he was smart, he'd cut his losses and confess what he's done.  Too many people know the truth at this point.  And one of them is massively unstable.

Exactly. The wheels are coming off the bus of this lie, and Brad knows it, which is one reason why he's so galactically stressed out. 

12 hours ago, statsgirl said:
16 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I still think young Dev is hiding in his Turkish closet.  

I hope so, it's more interesting story wise. It also fits the real world as to be gay in that part of the world can be dangerous.

Which right there probably rules out the possibility that Dev is gay. When has the show ever taken the more interesting path? And considering how they deal with non-cis characters in general, I'd almost rather they not go there.

4 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I wish Taggart’s arrival hadn’t been spoiled in the previews.

That legit surprised me, given the actual cliffhangers we've been getting. It really did ruin what could have been a great reveal.

3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:
5 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Why couldn't have Brad been the one placed in a Coma instead of Lucas?

That could have been interesting with Lucas finding out at the last second the truth about Wylie.  

See above comment about not taking the more interesting path.

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Willow loved her son and gave him up for adoption for the express purpose of keeping him safe.  sure, legally, you're right.  But, she's not going to stop loving and caring just because someone else adopted him.  Her prime directive is to still keep her baby safe.

But she has absolutely no recourse to go to Michael to enact some sort of coup to get Wiley away from Brad. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I generally like Willow, but I wanted to drop kick her when she ran to Michael with her "WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING--WILEY ISN'T SAFE WITH BRAD!" crap. 

She didn't run to Michael. She was sitting at the bar, ranting to Chase. Michael could either see she was upset, or hear her voice sounding distressed from where he was sitting in the Metrocourt with Sasha. He went over to her and asked her what's wrong.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I hate to admit this....  but I found Jason almost likable when he gave Mike those earbuds and played him some Tony Bennett. 

I've read that music is good for Alzheimer's patients, especially if it's from their past.  Apparently, music memories don't fade like other kinds.  That was a good move for Jason; he must have been reading up on the disease.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, AuxArx said:

That was a good move for Jason; he must have been reading up on the disease.

Which is more than Sonny has done, no doubt. He lets everyone else do the work for him, but we're supposed to think he's some devoted son. Ugh. 

• Love 7

Previews...

Carly (presumably about the Brad/Nelle situation): Overy my dead body!

Me: Keep out of it, Carls!  You shouldn't have a problem with criminals and felons being near children given YOU JUST HAD A NEW BABY with your mobster husband.

Ugh.  I hate this, I hate that they coma-ed Lucas for more Carly snarling.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Previews...

Carly (presumably about the Brad/Nelle situation): Overy my dead body!

Me: Keep out of it, Carls!  You shouldn't have a problem with criminals and felons being near children given YOU JUST HAD A NEW BABY with your mobster husband.

Ugh.  I hate this, I hate that they coma-ed Lucas for more Carly snarling.

No, I think Michael is going to suggest something that could be harmful to himself somehow and Carly's hold Michael's hand radar was alerted.

Edited by ulkis

What is this sudden nosiness of Gladys into everybody’s business coming from? Seriously, asking a bunch of teenagers what they’re talking about, or what they want to do? Or flashing the keys to her brand new car as if that would be enough to impress teenagers? It’s not as if she’s a teenager herself, showing off. She sounds obnoxious and looks pathetic.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's Nicolas Bechtel. He's growing up.

He sure is.  

Sartorially speaking, I'm not sure how I feel about his hair.  But he's not on contract, so I don't think they can do anything about it.  Glad he is back and I hope he smacks the ever-loving heck out of Nikolas.

Edited by KittenPokerCheater

I just can't. I'm sorry. It's a holiday so I happened to catch some of that Wiley nonsense, and I just can't w/this storyline. It is so beyond horrible to me. Nothing about it is realistic or interesting. Are some entertained by this story? It's so bad to me. And those previews . . . . as a family lawyer, I'm just disgusted w/the idea of a bio mom trying to revoke an adoption after like 2 years b/c she's in her feelings about the company the adoptive parent keeps. Guess what? That's not your business anymore! 

This story, IMO, is so awful in so many ways. My main complaint today is w/the writing for Brad. Why is he letting Chase and Michael dictate anything to him? Who are they? He is Wiley's father. He can befriend whomever he chooses, and he can do whatever he wants. He doesn't have to explain himself to the likes of them. If they are so concerned about Wiley's safety in Brad's care, call CPS! This is nonsense. I hated seeing Brad stutter and make excuses for doing what he wants in his own house like he owes these jerks some explanations??!! Who is writing this crap?!!?  Yes, I know Wiley is actually Michael's child, but Michael does not know that! He has literally no say in anything Brad does when it comes to Wiley. None at all. Having Brad put Michael and Chase in their places would have been more interesting (and realistic) than they crap they wrote! Yes, Brad would be wrong knowing the truth, but who cares?!?! I'd rather see that than Brad trying to excuse what he's doing in his own house like it is ANY of Michael's business. Brad needed to tell Michael he's was way too involved as a godfather, and he's revoking his "godfather" status, and he and Chase needed to get the hell out of his house and never darken his doorstep again! I'm sorry but Michael and Chase were ridiculously obnoxious, overbearing, and entitled in this episode. It does not matter to me that Michael is actually the bio dad. He doesn't know that. He had no right to go to Brad's house and make demands. That was not entertaining to me, but then I'm a Brad fan so . . . . .

And as far as Willow is concerned, she needs to shut up! She gave her child up for adoption. The kid is like 2-3 years old now. You can't just take your kid back b/c you're upset w/one of the adoptive parents. It doesn't work that way. She has a lot of nerve, IMO, to even suggest that crap. Knowing this idiotic show, that will be how all this crap is revealed. She'll file to "revoke" the adoption after THREE years (RME), and Brad will be forced to tell the truth or a DNA test will reveal the truth. Whatever. This show is awful! 

I hate, hate, HATE the writing for Brad. As a fan, they have written him to be so weak, cowardly, and pathetic throughout this whole story. It's annoying. For how much he was stuttering today and entertaining the questions of ppl he shouldn't give a damn about . . . .  I would have loved to see him just tell Michael the freakin' truth, put Wiley in his arms, and push him and Chase out of his apartment and his life. Nelle is out and clearly going to try and get her son back from Brucas. Brad cannot handle this lie or any of the ppl involved. He's just not cut out for it, so why prolong this mess?  Why is Brad continuing this charade? It makes no sense. He's got Nelle down his throat, and all these other losers (Michael, Willow, Chase, CarSon) in his life, bothering and harassing him. He's clearly not going to do what anyone would actually do and tell them to leave him the *beep* alone, so his only option is to come clean w/all of it. I wouldn't deal w/Nelle and her blackmail or Michael and his overbearing pushiness. I would just want them all out of my life. My ideal exit for Brad would be him dropping the truth bomb and then meeting up w/Britt in an undisclosed location. He can send Lucas divorce papers. It's not like Brad has anyone in his corner, so as a fan, I wish they would just end this torture. Brad is not worthy (apparently) of a Nina or a Carly or an Elizabeth or a Griffin or anyone who will support him and love him no matter what he does, so I'm ready - as a fan - for his character to be off this crap show. I would rather it be of his own free will and not in jail or a body bag. Why should Brad go to jail when no one else does?

I just hope some viewers out there are enjoying this crap b/c I cannot stand it!  

• Love 10

"I knew he would forgive you." A hug isn't forgiveness, Ava. Spencer can be glad his father is alive and also be furious. And stop forcing him to feel the way you want him to feel. UGH.

"I'm never going to find out if I really had a baby." Can't a doctor tell? By an examination and/or a blood test? Have we heard if Nina has had any of these?

Way to be professional, Sasha, by bringing a friend with you to a business meeting.

Ugh, Michael and Chase trying to get Wiley away from Nelle really grossed me out. Neither of them has any legal standing to that. It was sheer entitlement. Too bad Nelle can't drop the paternity bomb and waltz out.

• Love 5

My goodness, has Spencer ever matured. The writing for him actually seemed age-appropriate, thankfully, and the lack of reconciliation between him and Nik leads me to believe he'll be popping up in PC in the future to make things right. Ava going to bat for Nik is more than he deserves after the whole Kiki-in-hell spectacle, and I expect her kindness here will have Nik warming towards her.

Creepy Charlotte, WTF? That's gonna be a hard pass from me; this kid gets enough attention as it, I'm not interested in any more.

They're laying an awful lot of groundwork for Laura's renovation of the waterfront, I can't wait to see what kind of catastrophe that's going to bring about. 

Michael sounds like an overconfident idiot expecting Nelle to be snowed by his play nice, then "drop the hammer" strategy, given that that's an exact replica of his previous treatment of her. He's lucky that Nelle herself is an overconfident idiot with an enormous blind spot when it comes to Michael, because COME ON. Nelle's zingers and Carly's resulting huffiness is not enough compensation for how weary this mess makes me.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Glad he is back and I hope he smacks the ever-loving heck out of Nikolas.

There was no physical smack, at least not today, but he gave Nik a very verbal smackdown.  Spencer did not appreciate Nikolas' nonsense of working in the shadows to get the inheritance back.  

15 minutes ago, nilyank said:

So Jordan is dragging Taggert into her investigation about her dead friend/colleague's overdose

Looks like Taggert knew the guy as well.  Plus by the look on Taggert's face when he saw Curtis with Jordan at the end, and the fact that he said his marriage is over, methinks Taggert is going to make a play for Jordan.

I know a lot of people are not happy with the Wylie story, but I love Chloe so I'm still here for it.  Her interaction with the baby when Michael and chase showed up at the door was hilarious.  

• Love 2
On 1/17/2020 at 10:04 AM, superdeluxe said:

I don't like them going by their last names when they have perfectly good first names.  Even their love interests call them by their last name.  It's just silly.  If they wanted them to go by Chase and Finn, they should've named them Chase and Finn.

And yes, every time I hear Chase, I also think of Paw Patrol.  I also think of blond white guys.  So, that name doesn't really suit him.  I figured they call him Chase because for some people, Harrison is a mouthful.  Harry really doesn't fit him so they could call him Harris.  Same with Finn.  If Hamilton is too much of a mouthful, call him Ham.  There are too many characters named Finn these days.

I can't imagine calling Finn "Ham".  🙂 I agree the name Harrison doesn't really seem to suit Chase. But, it certainly did Harrison Ford no damage. I can imagine a young guy not liking it, though and not wanting to be called that.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

"I knew he would forgive you." A hug isn't forgiveness, Ava. Spencer can be glad his father is alive and also be furious. And stop forcing him to feel the way you want him to feel. UGH.

"I'm never going to find out if I really had a baby." Can't a doctor tell? By an examination and/or a blood test? Have we heard if Nina has had any of these?

Way to be professional, Sasha, by bringing a friend with you to a business meeting.

Ugh, Michael and Chase trying to get Wiley away from Nelle really grossed me out. Neither of them has any legal standing to that. It was sheer entitlement. Too bad Nelle can't drop the paternity bomb and waltz out.

A doctor can absolutely tell if you've ever  been pregnant, and I am assuming they can also easily tell if the baby was carried to term or not. I haven't watched regularly in the past two and a half years, I have no idea if Nina has had these tests. I am assuming if she had, it would have been mentioned ?

Edited by IWantCandy71
10 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

A doctor can absolutely tell if you've ever  been pregnant, and I am assuming they can also easily tell if the baby was carried to term or not. I haven't watched regularly in the past two and a half years, I have no idea if Nina has had these tests. I am assuming if she had, it would have been mentioned ?

I remembered when Nina went to see Britt before she met Valentin and was still involved with Franco. Britt said it would be impossible to ever have a baby but she never mentioned if Nina gave birth to a child or not. Then again the long lost daughter story started a few years after that although I always suspected the show would write that in.

A doctor can tell if a woman has been pregnant recently.  But doesnt Nina already know that she was pregnant 25 or so years ago? And since the baby was presumably delivered by C-section as Nina was in a coma, there  would be a scar to show the operation but no way to tell if the baby was born alive.

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

So Jordan is dragging Taggert into her investigation about her dead friend/colleague's overdose and not his knowledge about PC and it's number one criminal.

But Taggart can't help -- he's the former partner of Sonny's #1 right hand's woman. The writing has to keep him away from the mob story.

I have a fear that this turf was in going to be Laura's fault since she wants to renovate the waterfront.

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I remembered when Nina went to see Britt before she met Valentin and was still involved with Franco. Britt said it would be impossible to ever have a baby but she never mentioned if Nina gave birth to a child or not. Then again the long lost daughter story started a few years after that although I always suspected the show would write that in.

I can't remember for sure, but I thought the whole time Nina has been a character, she believed she was pregnant at the time of the coma ? And Madeleine was definitely the sort who would've had the baby given away and never told anyone, or told everyone the baby died.

As far as how long ago they can tell, I can recall an old episode of Law and Order, where the woman died and claimed her husband had caused her to lose her baby, but the coroner said "this lady was never pregnant". That of course could be Hollywood license ? 

Then there is the issue of the C section scar. I assume Nina has a scar, because the issue for her never was, was she pregnant or not, the issue for her was, she believed the baby was born while she was comatose and her mother said the baby died.  And she has only ever had the word of her mother to go on, as far as the death of the child ? 

Edited by IWantCandy71
36 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And since the baby was presumably delivered by C-section as Nina was in a coma, there  would be a scar to show the operation but no way to tell if the baby was born alive.

Nina's line should have been, "I don't know if my baby is alive," which is so much clearer and more accurate.

Did we ever know who the father was? If Nina was in the coma when she got pregnant, that means she was raped, ew and ugh. And if she fell into the coma before knowing she was pregnant, you'd think the pregnancy would have become known and the father might make himself known.

• Useful 2
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Did we ever know who the father was? If Nina was in the coma when she got pregnant, that means she was raped, ew and ugh. And if she fell into the coma before knowing she was pregnant, you'd think the pregnancy would have become known and the father might make himself known.

Silas was the father. Nina and Silas were married and she found that she was pregnant. Meanwhile, Madeline was displeased because it meant another person that was not her who would inherit her husband's fortune (which Nina inherited).  Silas also was having an affair with Ava which resulted in Kiki.

Madeline either tried to poison Nina so she would lose the baby or die herself.

That's why when Sasha first showed up, she met Kiki who thought they were sisters.

• Love 2

Who the fuck is Michael to invite Nelle to live at the Q mansion? Did he even discuss it with Monica? Or anyone else who lives there? He wants to keep Nellie away from Wiley because she’s a convicted felon but has no issue with her being near Leo or Danny and Scout? And I wanted to punch him in the face when he was laying into Brad about how taking care of Wiley is the most important thing he can do and he better not screw it up (or words to that effect).  

what exactly is Gladys’ angle? Acting all star struck over meeting the mayor and saying she’d have voted for Laura? Why, because she’s a woman? And then wanting a tour of the coffee warehouse? I almost hope people here are right and she’s behind the truck hi jacking. Because otherwise I can’t for the life of me figure out what she’s up to.

so Nina wants to air sasha’s dirty laundry in the pages of crimson. Haven’t we been down that road before with Ava? 

speaking of Ava, I really liked her speech to spencer today. And holy hell, NB is all grown up! And his voice changed. Color me completely surprised when he opened his mouth and this deep voice emerged lol! I thought he did okay and was glad to see spencer tell nick to fuck off.

• Love 9

Anyone else suspect that it will turn out that Sasha really is Nina's long-lost daughter? That somehow this deep story into her entire life will reveal the truth?  Only me? Okay.

Charlotte cutting up that photo to that music was creepy as hell. I'm not sure I'm interested in a 10-year-old targeting a 20-30 something.

Michael was SO inappropriate with Brad it made me sick. Godfather is an honorary position, and does not give him any right whatsoever to dictate what the parent does. Brad could pick up Wylie and move with him to Timbuktu never to return, and Michael would have no say.

I think Gladys is the one taking on Sonny. Why else would she have any interest in visiting the coffee warehouse?  Though I still don't get her interest in Dev and his friends or her fan-worship of Laura.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

Michael was SO inappropriate with Brad it made me sick. Godfather is an honorary position, and does not give him any right whatsoever to dictate what the parent does. Brad could pick up Wylie and move with him to Timbuktu never to return, and Michael would have no say.

THANK YOU!!!! I know this is a soap, and you have to suspend your disbelief but this Michael stuff is beyond ridiculous! He honestly acts like he has a say in what Brad does with Brad's child! He runs around PC, making demands and saying what's going to happen w/Wiley? And Brad entertains him?!?! His girlfriend doesn't ask why he cares so much?!?! I know I would! What the heck is happening?

If Brad is going to just let Michael tell him what to do, he may as well just tell Michael Wiley is his son and be done w/it! 

• Love 5

So Michael is only a Quartermaine when it suits him, like when he assumes he has the authority to invite Nelle to live in the Q mansion.  Can’t wait to see Tracey’s reaction.  What a little dweeb.

It’s the dead of winter in upstate New York, and Sasha and Willow are running around town with no coats on.  That’s all I could think while huddled on my couch in a fluffy throw blanket.  So stupid that Nina wants to publish an exposé on Sasha.  Who is Sasha, that their readers will give a crap?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Who the fuck is Michael to invite Nelle to live at the Q mansion? Did he even discuss it with Monica? Or anyone else who lives there? He wants to keep Nellie away from Wiley because she’s a convicted felon but has no issue with her being near Leo or Danny and Scout?

It's not as if his mother owns a hotel, or anything.  Why isn't he afraid Nelle will poison his Wheaties?

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

So stupid that Nina wants to publish an exposé on Sasha.  Who is Sasha, that their readers will give a crap?

This is a problem with all of the Crimson stories. I think we're supposed to believe it's a magazine that is read at least throughout the United States, if not internationally. We're also supposed to believe it can stay afloat while being disproportionately about people and events in one town in upstate New York. The unforgettable example is the "Real Women of Port Charles" issue, profiling women like Bobbie and Epiphany, which was said to be the most successful issue ever

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

Michael was SO inappropriate with Brad it made me sick. Godfather is an honorary position, and does not give him any right whatsoever to dictate what the parent does.

"I took a vow to protect Wiley." - Oh, child, sit the fuck down.  Did you ever hear of separation of Church and State?  Being Wiley's godfather gives you exactly --takes out calculator to get the accurate accounting--ZERO rights.

And the other Corinthii legal scholar Joss telling him tomorrow that Willow needs to rescind the adoption.  Stick to writing in your journal, Mopey McMopeson.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

When I saw the return of Spencer today, I fully expected to be doing some fast forwarding; I’ve got to admit, though, I was very pleasantly surprised. The writing and NB’s portrayal are nothing like the last time he was on which to me are good things.

So Nelle’s parole allows her to live in the same house with a convicted felon (Michael) but Sam’s doesn’t?  

Previews: Sonny whisper-threats. 

• Love 3

Just something related to Taggert's return:  On the GH-related pages of a well-known social media platform, there are more Sonny/Carly/Jason fans than there are here. Some of them don't remember Taggert (even though he aired for more than six years), some remember and hate him for the way he tormented Sonny (I've seen him called a "corrupt cop," which isn't the way I remember him), and others have started watching since 2003 and are experiencing him as someone brand new.

One of the last group wrote "I definitely don't like this Taggert character. He doesn't seem like somebody Sonny could work with AT ALL."  

That's where we are now. The law-enforcement characters are so cozy with the criminals that viewers of the post-Taggert era evaluate new ones based on Sonny's ability to "work with" them.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

When I saw the return of Spencer today, I fully expected to be doing some fast forwarding; I’ve got to admit, though, I was very pleasantly surprised. The writing and NB’s portrayal are nothing like the last time he was on which to me are good things.

Bechtel has shown before he can handle dramatic scenes. He's pretty skilled for his age. They just usually wrote an arch, hammy side of Spencer because someone thought it was cute. He can do that well too, but a little of it goes a long way, and he isn't 8-9 anymore.   

Something I liked is that Ava talked about how so many people would give anything for another chance with a loved one who came back, without going right for the nose and bringing up the Keekster by name. I think Spencer was getting it, and I suspect most of the audience did too. I'm not so used to implication on General Hospital.  

I also like that Nikolas is going to have to claw his way back into everyone's good graces. He isn't being allowed to skate. He's "won" (for now, at least) the battle with Valentin, but at the cost of the joyous homecoming he foresaw. The previews for the whole week show yet another person furiously lashing out at him, and I can guess why.

Previews: Carly can leapfrog over just about any character, no matter how heinous, in inspiring rage. She's really telling Nelle "Bring up Jonah one more time and see what happens"? There's more to it that we know about, but as far as Carly knows, Jonah is Nelle's dead child. Imagine someone telling Carly back in 2000 that she had better not bring up the baby she miscarried with Sonny.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Previews: Carly can leapfrog over just about any character, no matter how heinous, in inspiring rage. She's really telling Nelle "Bring up Jonah one more time and see what happens"? There's more to it that we know about, but as far as Carly knows, Jonah is Nelle's dead child. Imagine someone telling Carly back in 2000 that she had better not bring up the baby she miscarried with Sonny.  

I give Carly plenty of slack for that. Nelle is psychotic and was the same person that placed a dead baby in Michael"s arms and said that he killed Jonah knowing full that if she had it her way Michael would be another man that she killed for money. And every time that Nelle saw Michael after that, Nelle continues to stick that knife and twisting it to hurt Michael about tgeir dead son.

• Love 1

Previews...this isn't exactly what's going on, but there is something...unsettling?...about the optics the show is presenting that if the straight biological mother doesn't like how the gay parent(s) are raising the child, she should and could just revoke the adoption.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Please forgive me -- I'm so confused by Wiley's parentage.  Is Willow his mother?  Who is Willow's child?  I thought Wiley was Michael's and Nelle's biological child?  Why is Willow involved?  Was she a surrogate?  (It doesn't help that I don't really like Wiley).

3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

without going right for the nose and bringing up the Keekster by name. I think Spencer was getting it,

I think Nik got it too.  The look on his face as he was eavesdropping made me think this marriage of convenience will become a real marriage sooner than later.  And I'm there for all the hawtness!!

7 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

The writing and NB’s portrayal are nothing like the last time he was on which to me are good things.

The last time he was on, he was in town and had briefly visited Joss and then his mother and Lulu and they had toned down a LOT of the bratty annoying-ness that's been the character since day one.  I'm glad they're continuing to tone that down.  NB is much better than what he used to play.  

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I give Carly plenty of slack for that. Nelle is psychotic and was the same person that placed a dead baby in Michael"s arms and said that he killed Jonah knowing full that if she had it her way Michael would be another man that she killed for money. And every time that Nelle saw Michael after that, Nelle continues to stick that knife and twisting it to hurt Michael about tgeir dead son.

So what? After EVERYTHING the SheBeast has done, I relish anyone, any-fucking-one that gives her pain. Because Bitch NEVER EVER (except for when she shot Tony, but that was because Sarah was pregnant in real life and set to go on maternity leave) PAID for all the pain and suffering she's caused.

I'm not very good at predicting stuff on this show; well except for when I SAID Robin was NOT DEAD, and that her "ghost" that blamed Robert for her "death" was a manifestation of his guilt, and we saw her ALIVE, lying in a hospital bed. But I have to think that whoever is behind trying to move in on Mooby's turf, has somehow gotten Gladys to work for them. She doesn't strike me as that smart, and she's really BAD at taking social cues and just looks stupid, trying to ingratiate herself with Laura, and trying to act like "one of the teens' with her getting into their business. Either that, or she approached them and offered to be their "inside man" so to speak.

Maaaan. I was hoping for more than Laura and Taggert acting toward each other as strangers! That Laura didn't recognize or remember him right away. And that he was all "Ma'am" instead of asking about Lucky and how she was doing.

I'm hoping for better when he and Liz see each other. Because they just have to, right?

And SHOW can just STOP IT, with Taggert mooning after the Oh-So boring Jordan. Because I adore Taggert, and he's a good guy. I know, I know, that's anathema for this show, and clearly only Chase is the "good" cop, who works with Mooby and Borg. He can also STFU. Instead of throwing his weight around, if he thinks Wiley/Wylie? is in danger, then he can fucking call CPS, instead of blathering on about calling them.

I did so adore the scenes with Laura and Jax. And that while she loves Nik, she isn't blind to what he's done and what his remaining "dead" has done to her and his family.

Now, while I couldn't stand Nicholas Bechtel(spelling?) when he first showed up as Spencer, with his marble mouth talking and juvenile toddler triangle with Cameron and Emma, I thought he did a very good job conveying his anger, sense of betrayal, and hurt toward Nik. And Nik can also just take several seats, what with his "I need to get out and get some air" nonsense because Spencer didn't forgive him or welcome him back with welcome arms.

3 minutes ago, Captanne said:

Please forgive me -- I'm so confused by Wiley's parentage.  Is Willow his mother?  Who is Willow's child?  I thought Wiley was Michael's and Nelle's biological child?  Why is Willow involved?  Was she a surrogate?  (It doesn't help that I don't really like Wiley).

Wiley IS Nelle's child, but Willow thinks he's HER son, because her child is the one Brad and Lucas adopted, but he died the night Nelle's child was born. And Brad found Nelle on the road, and she gave him her child. So Willow doesn't know her baby is DEAD. Only Nelle, Brad, and Julian know this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Okay -- so two babies were born. 

Brad and Lucas adopted Willow's and Shiloh's child who died the night Nelle's and Michael's child was born. 

Nelle, on the road with her newborn for some reason, gave that child to Brad in lieu of Willow's who had died (presumably in a house fire, eaten by locusts, or in an accident with a rice-picker?)

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, Captanne said:

Nelle, on the road with her newborn for some reason, gave that child to Brad in lieu of Willow's who had died (presumably in a house fire, eaten by locusts, or in an accident with a rice-picker?)

Nope. Willow's baby died while with Brad. I wasn't really watching so I don't know if he died in the car and Brad was panicking as to what to do (don't know why he wouldn't drive straight to the hospital), but baby was dead, and he found Nelle? Nelle found him? Don't know.