Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Lol at Carly saying Gladys is despicable for pretending to be Dev's grandmother. And what is Sonny doing?? Isn't that what he is paying her for. 🤷 I don't care for her one way or the other but the way they treat her is so hypocritical. They wouldn't have to deal with her if Sonny wasn't keeping Dev in the country illegally. Take them down Gladys! Lol

• Love 10
20 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sonny is the master of the duh face, so...

Did he go to Joey Tribbiani’s ‘smell the fart’ acting school?

Speaking of which, whenever Valentin says ‘ma petite’ I am reminded of Joey speaking fake French.

TAGGERT!! I miss him calling Jason ‘anger boy’

Forgot to add, I am LIVING for Nelle and her vision board.  It’s so Lifetime Movie bat crap crazy 💕💕💕

• Love 5
15 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Brook Lynn came off as a low class fishwife confronting Nelle. It should be the other way around, Nelle appearing like trailer trash and Brook Lynn coming with class but Nelle got the honors in that scene. Most of the scenes with the Quartermaines pretty much showed them badly. Brook Lynn saying that "Sonny is the sweetest " made me want to throw up.

Agreed to all, and I am not liking either Amanda Setton in this role or the writing for the character. For the most part, it's been a good month or two for GH, but they're trying too hard to make us love Brook Lynn, see her as a true Quartermaine, a young Tracy, a spicy bad girl. I can't figure out what's up with the desperate propping; there shouldn't be that much riding on her. And I really didn't see anything about that exchange with Nelle that was worthy of four people in the room giving her an "attagirl" for the way she "handled" Nelle. Nelle had the funniest line in it, when she told Kentucky Fried Lawyer that this was no longer a safe space.  

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Carly is such a bitch.  What did Gladys ever do to her to make her treat her the way she does? 

I think it's mostly resentfulness over having to pay her to keep quiet about Dev. Gladys should be doing it out of the goodness of her heart and her love for Mike, not to mention when Sonny Corinthos needs a favor (not that he'd ever call it that), everyone should spring into action!

3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I can't figure out what's up with the desperate propping; there shouldn't be that much riding on her.

It's pretty typical of how they (re-)introduce a character: They press some commonality way too hard and everyone has to see it and agree, or whatever. I don't need anyone shoved down my throat, Show. That's the quickest way for me to hate them. I get they want to quickly establish someone, but there are better ways, like having them DO something instead of everyone telling me stuff about them. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, paisley said:

Ok, writers!!! Bringing back Taggart is a real kickass move. Might I suggest an implied Carly/Taggart hookup just to scramble Sonny's brain? 

No. Let's not taint the characters we like by implying anything with the Beast.

• Love 6

LOL at everyone pounding on Brad's door. Get a doorbell!

Thank you! He's got a small child who might be napping-- so how about y'all quit with the loud noises.

also-- if Harrison Chase and Brooke Quartermain become a thing-- they should be H-Q

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I don't want Brook Lynn with Chase. Or anyone else. I just want her gone. Like yesterday. Amanda Setton is bringing nothing to the role  and the writing is awful. If this is the best they can do, ship her off to fulfill her contract or send her to a nunnery. I really don't care which...

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I think the fact that they go by their last names is just supposed to be something quirky and fun. No, I don't 'think they've ever said how or why they have different last names, since they have the same father. 

Everytime I hear Chase, I think of Paw Patrol. LOL So that doesn't help. I like Harrison better too, but it's a mouthful, and "Harry" doesn't fit him. So Chase it is, I guess.

Today was old school Qs and I LOVED it. The only thing better would be Dillon back and maybe Lila Rae and maybe Maya ? If they are truly gonna bring back the Qs, you have to have some Wards. 

I don't like them going by their last names when they have perfectly good first names.  Even their love interests call them by their last name.  It's just silly.  If they wanted them to go by Chase and Finn, they should've named them Chase and Finn.

And yes, every time I hear Chase, I also think of Paw Patrol.  I also think of blond white guys.  So, that name doesn't really suit him.  I figured they call him Chase because for some people, Harrison is a mouthful.  Harry really doesn't fit him so they could call him Harris.  Same with Finn.  If Hamilton is too much of a mouthful, call him Ham.  There are too many characters named Finn these days.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Speaking of which, whenever Valentin says ‘ma petite’ I am reminded of Joey speaking fake French.

Bleu de la bleu!  One of our favorite lines from Friends!

Edited by MarciNJ
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Agreed to all, and I am not liking either Amanda Setton in this role or the writing for the character. For the most part, it's been a good month or two for GH, but they're trying too hard to make us love Brook Lynn, see her as a true Quartermaine, a young Tracy, a spicy bad girl. I can't figure out what's up with the desperate propping; there shouldn't be that much riding on her. And I really didn't see anything about that exchange with Nelle that was worthy of four people in the room giving her an "attagirl" for the way she "handled" Nelle. Nelle had the funniest line in it, when she told Kentucky Fried Lawyer that this was no longer a safe space.  

So much this. I can't stand her.  And her constantly calling Tracy "Granny" is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Her whining and demanding that Ned pay Mac, play the Quartermaine name card to get her out of jail just made her look and sound like a spoiled teen-aged brat. And TRACY is AWESOME. This Brook Lynn is NOTHING like her. And I remember Tracy from the days when she stood by and wouldn't give Edward his pills while he was having a heart attack.

And everyone, ESPECIALLY Blovia can STFU about Tracy's choices in husbands. Aside from the whole rape of Laura, Luke isn't a murdering mobster. Sure, he scams and does what the fuck he wants (and who knew I'd miss him?) but comparing the likes of the Zaccharas and especially MOOBY is like apples and oranges. I HOWLED at Tracy's "Julian Jerome!" with the Italian accent.

And no WAY do I believe Luke got in trouble, or was scammed himself. There's something else going on there. There was something in Tracy's eyes. I wish Jane Elliot would stay. She brings so much energy and makes everything better.

And I still HATE the new Quartermaine mansion. That parlor looks like some office, instead of the warm, cozy room it used to be. It looks cheap, tacky and FUGLY. And it's TOO BRIGHT.

And I agree with what @statsgirl said how she looked like a fish wife, getting in Nelle's face. Oooh, Brookie called Nelle a gold-digger and white trash! That'll fix her! And Brook Lynn's only been here for like a minute, and she gets in Nelle's face, as if she was there from the beginning? Please.

Someone else mentioned that Show is trying to "make her happen." Thing is, she's a legacy character. There should be no need to make her happen, even if she is a recast.

And Chase was being an unmitigated asshole toward her as well. Acting as if she intentionally assaulted him; only because he couldn't be there to hold Willow's hand at Shiloh's memorial. He needs to dial down the smug. Because he's always kowtowing to Jason.

Loved the conversation between Anna and Robert, and I was soooo wishing that Robert would have caught Anna hiding the documents that showed the connection between Heinrik and the assassin. Because she's being GALATICALLY STOOPID.

I guess I have no empathy for those who just CAN'T BEAR to put away their loved ones who may have committed crimes, because..."SON!" "DAUGHTER!" "MOTHER!" "FATHER!" and blah, blah, blah.  Maybe it's because I've been watching me some classic Bollywood, where the heroes are cops, and are taught that it's the LAW that should followed, no matter if the relationship with loved ones may break down or be severed. That's what they're taught and that's what they abide by. So I have NO PATIENCE for Anna's wiffle waffling and insistence her "would be son"(TM Robert!Fucking!Scorpio!) is just a puir innocent victim of Faison.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

I don't like them going by their last names when they have perfectly good first names.  Even their love interests call them by their last name.  It's just silly.  If they wanted them to go by Chase and Finn, they should've named them Chase and Finn.

Jax has a perfectly good first name too, but he's rarely called "Jasper," even by love interests. We mostly hear it when someone is saying his full name.

It doesn't bother me if some characters are mostly called by their last names. It's not as though there are other Chases and Finns on the canvas/in town for it to be confusing. And it's not so unusual as a TV-character thing. We didn't even know what Seinfeld's Kramer's first name was until, like, season six. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

We didn't even know what Seinfeld's Kramer's first name was until, like, season six. 

Did we even know Kramer was his last name? (I legit love the name Cosmo, btw.)

I hate the dumb nicknames characters are saddled with on this show: Kiki and Charlie are just two of the more irksome for me that spring to mind.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Brook Lynn saying that "Sonny is the sweetest " made me want to throw up.

And the daughters of the fish wives that I grew up with rarely wore short skirts. 

Wasn't Tracy around when Nelle came to PC?  There was hope that Nelle was a Q but then she got saddled with Michael. . .

Oscar, Brook Lynn, Olivia (who at least dresses properly and looks great), just puts the dagger deeper into this family's resurrection chances.  I still wish that AJ/Liz were married.  Tracy and Cam would be fun to watch.

• Love 3

I really enjoyed hearing Sonny get called "offensive" and "paranoid" as he visibly got his panties in a twist over being face-to-face with Taggert. Taggert being all "anger boy, well guess you're no longer a boy" to Jason was funny, as was Mike's disappointment that Taggert left. I figured Taggert had come back to Port Charles because of Jordan, but him being her former partner I did not see coming. 

I think one of you really called it that Nelle is going to get murdered soon. between threatening Willow to Brad and demanding to him that she be the one to "take care of my son." My speculation is either the secret will be outed accidentally or on purpose and she'll try to take off with Wiley and get killed, OR she'll try to kill Willow and someone will kill her as revenge and also to protect Wiley.

I would be trying to get away from your mother too, Josslyn, I feel for ya.

As for Carly saying "over my dead body" in the preview .... DON'T toy with me, Show. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I’m glad they actually kept Taggert in character. He could never stand Sonny or Jason but he was on the show at a time when people were actually allowed to disagree with them or call them out for being criminals. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

I’m glad they actually kept Taggert in character. He could never stand Sonny or Jason but he was on the show at a time when people were actually allowed to disagree with them or call them out for being criminals. 

This times a gazillion million. For all that he was a hardass, I loved how gentle and kind he was with Liz when Lucky "died" in that fire.  I can't recall if he was there when Liz was raped. I remember Dara(?) questioned Liz, but not sure if Taggert had also. I think, maybe Garcia?

But yeah, COPS were still allowed to be cops and the good guys.

Looking forward to seeing Taggert get in Mooby's face.

• Love 4

Taggart called Jason "Anger Boy"!  He wins the episode

Michael, it isn't entirely Shiloh's fault that Jason and Sam can't be together. There's that little thing about Jason being a felon.

Carly on the phone to Diane, pulling rank because Sonny and Jason are her biggest clients, is again giving Joss a master class on how to be a bitch.

Brad has done some terrible things but I genuinely feel sorry for him now, caught in this situation.

The problem with this show is that the characters I find entertaining are too often the "villains" like Ryan, Gladys and Nelle, whereas the "heroes" like Sonny, Carly, Jason, Sam, Michael and Sasha bore me to pieces.  I'm going to miss Nelle when she gets murdered.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Taggert was sympathetic during some cases but in general he was portrayed as a fanatic who persecuted Sonny and Jason. There was one incident where Sonny and Carly were getting re-married and Taggert busted in and everyone clutched their pearls like Taggert had busted into church and peed on the altar. The priest was all "no, I won't leave my flock while they're in trouble!" like they were a striking factory union being shot at.

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I'm a little sad that my GH viewership started after Taggert left the show and I don't have any frame of reference for the character. From what I've read here and from my cursory Google sweep, seems like there's plenty of rich history between him and Sonny to mine. Tying him in with Jordan is intriguing, too. The faint possibility that a member of law enforcement won't be intimidated by Sonny Corinthos is pretty damn appealing.

Man, I really need Gladys to be putting on this bumbling act and instead be connected to the scorching of Sonny's truck. Otherwise, she's just here to annoy the hell out of everyone, which is fine for Sonny and Carly but doesn't seem fair for Dev. All those unsolicited comments about how good looking he is and how he must have girls swarming him? Back off, lady.

Carly seemed uncharacteristically calm about the Joss/Dev situation. Moving on from Oscar is good; moving on with the pseudo-family member who lives down the hall doesn't seem like the greatest idea, and certainly not like something Carly would endorse. Maybe Joss could finally just move in with Jax, since that hasn't been mentioned lately.

I know Nelle's awful and Willow has every reason to be questioning Brad's judgment, but the level of histrionics she exhibited was extreme. Brad is clearly at maximum stress capacity, and even if Willow doesn't understand why, she ought to know that screaming in Brad's face isn't the way to treat him. This whole situation is draining and well past its sell-by date, and I don't even care about the outcome, I just want it finished.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Taggert was sympathetic during some cases but in general he was portrayed as a fanatic who persecuted Sonny and Jason.

Oh please. Oh, wait. That's right. Just as Mooby was being moved into being the actual "hero" anyone who hated him or wanted him to go to jail for his crimes was a fanatic and loser.

5 minutes ago, Linny said:

I'm a little sad that my GH viewership started after Taggert left the show and I don't have any frame of reference for the character. From what I've read here and from my cursory Google sweep, seems like there's plenty of rich history between him and Sonny to mine. Tying him in with Jordan is intriguing, too. The faint possibility that a member of law enforcement won't be intimidated by Sonny Corinthos is pretty damn appealing.

Oh yeah. Taggert was determined to bring that murdering Michael Corleone wannabe down, and I was one of his cheerleaders. I'd read, back then when it was happening, there were rumors, spumors, that Taggert and Mooby were actually brothers! Thanks be to WHOEVER who shot that down, IF they were even thinking about doing such a thing.

I'm sure you can find all the episodes on YouTube online and go down the Rabbithole of the good years, when the show had heart, and had Dave Koz's AWESOME opening.

• Love 3

Real Andrews still looks foine.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This times a gazillion million. For all that he was a hardass, I loved how gentle and kind he was with Liz when Lucky "died" in that fire.  I can't recall if he was there when Liz was raped. I remember Dara(?) questioned Liz, but not sure if Taggert had also.

RA was so, so good in those scenes. I think Taggert did talk to Liz after her rape—the fire sort of gave them a relationship. ETA: This is totally the wrong chronology! The rape happened before the fire. D'oh!

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Same. He's one of the few people to not be intimidated by whisper threats.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

in general he was portrayed as a fanatic who persecuted Sonny and Jason.

Sonny and Jason felt persecuted, but I'm not sure the rest of PC thought Taggert was wrong for going after them. I thought the show leaned a bit too hard on Taggert going after Sonny because of the dumb Deke backstory, but there was a bit more balance to how PC looked at Sonny. He certainly wasn't the town savior he's supposed to be today. 

"Please tell me she's not writing in her journal again." I loved Trina's exasperated tone.

LOL at Mike asking if Jason was the driver.

I have a sinking feeling that Michael is going to try to get temporary custody of Wiley because Brad is so stressed out. Please let me be wrong!

• Love 2

I must’ve been on the barge when Taggert was around, but anyone who can antagonize Sonny is 👍.  Speaking of, I’m not-so-secretly hoping it’s Tracy who sabotaged his truck but Gladys or a competing mobster seems more likely. 

The Q storyline definitely has my interest and is a throwback to their heyday - including this week’s “we’ll fight among ourselves until we find a common enemy, then it’s game on” scenes. Did I miss an explanation for Sam showing up at the Q mansion? I assume it was to visit her kids but fully expected Tracy to ask what she was doing there.

Nelle and Shiloh’s memorial were some good soap. A few of the actors (notably CD and the actress who plays Willow) were making faces like poison gas was being released which would have just been...awesome. 

Yesterday’s scene of Nelle’s storyboard was accompanied by suitably creepy music. It reminded me of the revenge list Nina kept when she first came back/woke up.

The Alexis/Neil (and later, Alexis/Julian) scenes surely made it look like Neil’s swan song. I guess it’s supposed to parallel the Jason/Sam prohibition....yawn. 

7 minutes ago, Linny said:

I know Nelle's awful and Willow has every reason to be questioning Brad's judgment, but the level of histrionics she exhibited was extreme. Brad is clearly at maximum stress capacity, and even if Willow doesn't understand why, she ought to know that screaming in Brad's face isn't the way to treat him. This whole situation is draining and well past its sell-by date, and I don't even care about the outcome, I just want it finished.

I don't know about that. Nelle is a murderer and a liar and Willow thinks Wylie is her son, even though she doesn't claim him as such. Willow made it a condition in the adoption that Julian has no contact with the baby, even though she's walked that back since. Her freaking out about Nelle seems legit to me. 

Plus you know, arriving at Brad's and finding Nelle there must be pretty disconcerting.

I'm happy to see Taggert, I'm sad he'll never win against Sonny and Jason.

Aunt Gladys, is she a bit on the crazy side, or is she just pretending. It's like she's on these fact finding missions or something.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

I have a sinking feeling that Michael is going to try to get temporary custody of Wiley because Brad is so stressed out. Please let me be wrong!

Oh, I do hope you're wrong. Because it's so STOOPID. And portraying how Brad is just SO OVERWHELMED and can't handle working, worrying about and visiting Lucas, AND taking care of his child, is just a fucking insult to all other single parents who go through the same thing and can manage to not go to pieces. Look at Liz, who had THREE young children to care for in the past when they were all toddlers and babies.

But, I forgot: PLOT! ANVIL!

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Linny said:

I know Nelle's awful and Willow has every reason to be questioning Brad's judgment, but the level of histrionics she exhibited was extreme. Brad is clearly at maximum stress capacity, and even if Willow doesn't understand why, she ought to know that screaming in Brad's face isn't the way to treat him. 

A) Taggert was great with teenage Elizabeth, during her rape storyline and also when Lucky was declared deceased because of the fire at Sonny/Jason's property. His contempt for Sonny and Jason was a thing of beauty; his behavior showed that he thought Sonny was a low-life scum bag. Taggert's the type who would do his best to point out to Dante all the reasons Dante owed Sonny nothing.

I totally understood why Willow got upset and was ranting to Chase. Michael has told her how dangerous Nelle is, and Brad's excuse for Nelle being around Wiley was "what was I supposed to do, she just showed up." You don't say that to a woman who gave up her child  to protect him from someone dangerous, and then willingly went to jail because she thought she was protecting her child. She thought Brad valued Wiley's safety above all else, and clearly that is not the case.  She was also right to think Nelle was threatening her with the "being Wiley's nanny is bad for your health" line. Brad's being an idiot; she was correct that Wiley is not safe with him. He could decide to take a shower and Nelle would take the opportunity to either disappear with Wiley or hide him with someone, while demanding Q money,

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, Linny said:

Taggert never got written with the fullness that Réal Andrews deserved, and his love stories never amounted to much. One was with Hannah, a Brenda clone that Sonny had broken things off with, and even in that, Taggert was made the loser of a triangle with AJ. But he was a Sonny/Jason-hating law-enforcement character who never wavered, never developed an "alliance" or "understanding" with them, and also wasn't trashed. He never got revealed to be a dirty cop (he bent the rules a little when his sister was in trouble), and he left town under his own steam. All of that is unusual.

Of course, the writing tried like anything to get us to take Sonny's side by having Taggert's sainted role model be Sonny's abusive stepfather. 

I'm glad they've brought him back. It seems a lot of people on other sites either never saw him or had forgotten him, and of course there are Sonny/Jason lovers who hated him and already want him gone. Therefore, I'm even happier he's back.

• Love 3

(In the previews)

Carly (sticking herself in the middle of Michael/Sasha/Willow/Chase): over my dead body!

They seriously have nothing for her to. I would send the writers flowers if they just all turned around and didn't respond.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Look at Liz, who had THREE young children to care for in the past when they were all toddlers and babies.

And on her watch, Cam set the house on fire and Jake got kidnapped and got/didn't get run over.  Just saying.

I liked Jason's scene with Mike, giving him the ear buds and talking about the Apollo.  I don't care what anyone  else thinks, that was nice.

And, much as I hate Carly, that was good advice she gave Joss.

46 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Look at Liz, who had THREE young children to care for in the past when they were all toddlers and babies.

But Elizabeth is a wimmins. Parenting is in our DNA. The men, though, really have to work at it, which is what makes them so heroic when they are even remotely successful.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

But Elizabeth is a wimmins. Parenting is in our DNA. The men, though, really have to work at it, which is what makes them so heroic when they are even remotely successful.

D'OH! How could I have forgotten that!

I'm hoping Taggert won't be limited to just scenes with Mooby and the like---and I would LOOOOVE to see his reaction to Jordan playing nice with them and kowtowing to them! I want TRUTH!TELLER! Taggert! Ooooh! Alliteration!

But more, I would love to see him have scenes with Liz. And Laura.

1 hour ago, Linny said:

Carly seemed uncharacteristically calm about the Joss/Dev situation. Moving on from Oscar is good; moving on with the pseudo-family member who lives down the hall doesn't seem like the greatest idea, and certainly not like something Carly would endorse.

I thought that was strange too.  Someone like Carly would want better for her daughter than a fast talking street kid with only self-made prospects.  She would want someone with background and money like Jax or Nik.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

"Please tell me she's not writing in her journal again." I loved Trina's exasperated tone.

Trina deserves her psychologist credentials already. It's been 8 months since Oscar died; if she's still writing in her journal for 2 hours a day, she's got big problems.

Of course Michael is going to go for custody of Wylie -- he's Wylie's godfather, it's his duty to!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Nelle's brain would explode if Brad gave custody to "godfather" Michael and skipped town.  Nobody on earth would believe her about the baby being hers, and she'd have no cards to play.  This very unrealistic idea makes me laugh.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
2 hours ago, Linny said:

Carly seemed uncharacteristically calm about the Joss/Dev situation. Moving on from Oscar is good; moving on with the pseudo-family member who lives down the hall doesn't seem like the greatest idea, and certainly not like something Carly would endorse.

I thought that was strange too.  Someone like Carly would want better for her daughter than a fast talking street kid with only self-made prospects.  She would want someone with background and money like Jax or Nik.

I think Carly knows whoever follows Oscar isn't going to be a long-lasting relationship. Also, she has the luxury of letting Sonny and/or Jax play bad cop and forbidding Joss to get involved with Dev. Or, more likely, tell Dev to back off Joss.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Well, Dev did shut Joss down, so as long as that continues it's not that much of an issue.  Also, she gets to tell Sonny that his Stone 3.0 might have eyes for Joss and that should cause some issues, which will make her happy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm hoping Taggert won't be limited to just scenes with Mooby and the like---and I would LOOOOVE to see his reaction to Jordan playing nice with them and kowtowing to them! I want TRUTH!TELLER! Taggert! Ooooh! Alliteration!

I want Taggert to drop a few (dozen) truth bombs about Sonny and Carly on Michael.  Taggert knows all about Sonny's history.  Michael needs to hear the unsanitized story of all the things Sonny has done in his quest for money and power and how he manipulated a brain damaged Jason away from the Quartermaines.  Let Taggert introduce that SLS to some of the innocent people Sonny has victimized over the years.   

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

They were both moony about the kiss today.

Joss was, but I didn't feel like Dev was.  He remembered it, but when Gladys mentions something about a possible girlfriend, he was all "nope, nope, nope, NOPE, nope".   I still think young Dev is hiding in his Turkish closet.  

• Love 4

*sigh* if you're going to do some sort of opioid story, you need to learn how to spell it.

O-P-I-O-I-D

be better, show. 

If Brad was smart, he'd give the kid to Julian. That would piss off everybody, including Nelle.

Edited by sacrebleu
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

If Brad was smart, he'd give the kid to Julian. That would piss off everybody, including Nelle.

I don't think pissing Nelle off would be smart.  If he was smart, he'd cut his losses and confess what he's done.  Too many people know the truth at this point.  And one of them is massively unstable.

• Love 2

There really is a shift in the writing about Sonny and Jason. Laura wants to clean up the docks where Sonny does his illegal business and the ever so lovely Taggart arrives and calls Jason anger boy. I never imagined I would live long enough to see such heretical activities. Go Taggert go.

I'm looking forward to a Nell murder mystery with a cast of thousands and far flung repercussions. It will take a while to set up a good whodunit but it would worth to dispose of her once and for all.

Are we to assume that Brook and Dusty were a thing in the past? It's hard to envision because she seems to tower over him in an intimidating kind of way. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I still think young Dev is hiding in his Turkish closet.  

I hope so, it's more interesting story wise. It also fits the real world as to be gay in that part of the world can be dangerous.

• Love 4

If I hadn’t read here that Taggert was coming back, I would have known right away when I heard his voice! I squeed like a teen! I loved every moment that Taggert looked on at Mooby with mockery and amusement. And Mooby looked like a pathetic, paranoid geezer next to him.

And Yes! Taggert mentioned Laura! I hope that means we’ll get scenes with them!

Wah Wah Wah! Whining is all the SLS can do. And gee, talking about going away on a trip? What about Wiley?

• Love 3

I could not take Jordan seriously when she warned Chase from breaking the rules by going after Nelle when she herself lied about a police investigation in order to get evidence for what the authorities claimed her friend died of an overdose.

6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Wah Wah Wah! Whining is all the SLS can do. And gee, talking about going away on a trip? What about Wiley?

Nothing like enticing a lady to go on a romantic getaway to Maui and then immediately ditching her when he sees Willow upset.

9 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

If Brad was smart, he'd give the kid to Julian.

Why couldn't have Brad been the one placed in a Coma instead of Lucas?

8 hours ago, paisley said:

There really is a shift in the writing about Sonny and Jason.

But there are still large chunks of episodes devoted to these two thugs, combined with the waste of characters piling on the already bloated cast.   And just when I thought that this soap had turned a corner - it's back to wading through the mire of Sonny and Jason.  😒

14 hours ago, Linny said:

Maybe Joss could finally just move in with Jax

Jax is already stuck with Nina.  The only thing that Joss is good for is to keep Carly occupied.  The young actress needs to be sent for some more acting lessons/boarding school.

13 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

The Alexis/Neil (and later, Alexis/Julian) scenes surely made it look like Neil’s swan song. I guess it’s supposed to parallel the Jason/Sam prohibition....yawn. 

It seemed that he might have had a mysterious background when he was introduced but they seemed to have lost interest. 

• Love 1