Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

I doubt she will get a group leader spot her second year to many upper vets that deserve it more then her 

When has Kelli ever been "fair" when it came to VK 🙂 

Edited by CrazyEve
  • Love 20
7 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I apologize and take back ever saying

Hahaha I've had to do this also!  It actually is sort of cathartic.  And secretly I hope the girl I said something unpleasant about saw it and sort of smiled.

• Love 1

I thought Maddie and Lexie KILLED Jen C's combo. Could do without the faces but I thought they attacked it the best and I thought Maddie's small solo hip hop section showed improvement from her usual hip hop...but that's me

Also Jen A posted her video from her prep class and ugh I hate to say this...VK looks kind of awesome. I tried so hard to NOT watch her (Amber was also great) but when she's on she performs and just stands out. She reminds me so much of a good friend of mine (except my friend is a sweetheart): when she's on and dances she just performs every second. my friend won best actor for a production she was in...she had a total of like five lines but had a solo balelt and performed the CRAP out of it and won over people with much bigger parts in the region. VK CAN have that spark. Ugh I hate myself so much for saying that...

Just now, Mercurialsteph said:

I thought Maddie and Lexie KILLED Jen C's combo. Could do without the faces but I thought they attacked it the best and I thought Maddie's small solo hip hop section showed improvement from her usual hip hop...but that's me

Also Jen A posted her video from her prep class and ugh I hate to say this...VK looks kind of awesome. I tried so hard to NOT watch her (Amber was also great) but when she's on she performs and just stands out. She reminds me so much of a good friend of mine (except my friend is a sweetheart): when she's on and dances she just performs every second. my friend won best actor for a production she was in...she had a total of like five lines but had a solo balelt and performed the CRAP out of it and won over people with much bigger parts in the region. VK CAN have that spark. Ugh I hate myself so much for saying that...

The contrast to that was I actually tried to watch every girl at least once straight through without looking at anyone else...and the only one I couldn't do that with was Tess. Tess is GORGEOUS but she couldn't even hold my attention for a short combo...triangle of Maddie, Lexie and Gina next year please and Caroline in the diamond at least...

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

I’m sorry but I don’t see it. Yes she’s having fun and I’ll give her that, she always looks happy when she dances. She’s still not that great, check amber’s sharp movements in the back and try ti compare them with what VK is doing. Amber’s kicks are effortless, VK’s...well she struggles. She’s not awful, but still not good technique wise and all these moves are dcc recycled moves so she should be amazing. 

I'm not talking about technique at all. Amber is like...beyond incredible (did you see the video she posted of a part of a solo of DCC in motion?! She's AMAZING technically). VK isn't but soemtimes performance beats technique in terms of entertainment. And I do NOT like VK. I do NOT like how she got to where she is at all or the way she supposedly behaves. 

• Love 9
(edited)
14 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I think it's just a light reflection on the picture.

It's too circular and even edged for it to be actually "whited" out.  I agree, and think it's just the way the bulb light (which is probably a can light positioned directly above the table) is reflecting on the frame's glass. 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 1

Ah the white out mystery.  No white out, they appear to be either thought bubbles or conversation bubbles that are stick on as there is one on the lower right of the photo that is better placed.i imagine one placed, couldn’t remove as it would damage the photo. Hope this solves the mystery!

13 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Ah the white out mystery.  No white out, they appear to be either thought bubbles or conversation bubbles that are stick on as there is one on the lower right of the photo that is better placed.i imagine one placed, couldn’t remove as it would damage the photo. Hope this solves the mystery!

You owe me a keyboard!!!! LOL I was just drank a glass of procesco (yes I know its only 1pm but its my day off and I need it!!!) and read this thinking "I bet the thought bubble says "Shall I leave before auditions or risk another year with the "lovely" VK and Kelli and her biased ways?" 

• LOL 4
(edited)
On 3/4/2020 at 12:21 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Amanda’s move/look at the very end absolutely slays. Hope she continues to shine next season. 

Also enjoyed Heather in this!

Regarding the recent Evan Miller video, VK looks great but she’s front and center.. again 🙄

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

Amanda’s move/look at the very end absolutely slays. Hope she continues to shine next season. 

Regarding the recent Evan Miller video, VK looks great but she’s front and center.. again 🙄

If you go look at ambers ig story from last night class with Jen she is up front in it to 

12 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Hahaha I've had to do this also!  It actually is sort of cathartic.  And secretly I hope the girl I said something unpleasant about saw it and sort of smiled.

Not that I dislike Chandi, just had been disappointed that was blended material, until NOW. She’s fierce there.

5 hours ago, Mercurialsteph said:

I'm not talking about technique at all. Amber is like...beyond incredible (did you see the video she posted of a part of a solo of DCC in motion?! She's AMAZING technically). VK isn't but soemtimes performance beats technique in terms of entertainment. And I do NOT like VK. I do NOT like how she got to where she is at all or the way she supposedly behaves. 

Amber gets overlooked IMO bc she’s top 5 in technique and power. I’d triangle her with Bridget, Caroline, maybe Gina. 

12 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Hahaha I've had to do this also!  It actually is sort of cathartic.  And secretly I hope the girl I said something unpleasant about saw it and sort of smile

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Mercurialsteph said:

In the latest class with Jenn Amburn, I have even more love for Amber. I find her so easy to watch and she looks effortless. VK looks like she tries too hard to be big and bold and looks OTT and messy.

Taylor J surprised me as she looked great. Clean with some power and control over her long limbs.

Tess is pretty but bland. Lisa dances too low into the ground for someone so short. 

Chandi and Alanna look like they're having the best time! I don't think either are wow dancers but both are clean and precise. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, evasworld123 said:

I think most all are to focused on the camera and are hamming it up.  Facials are way way way too much on some of these ladies

28 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

In the latest class with Jenn Amburn, I have even more love for Amber. I find her so easy to watch and she looks effortless. VK looks like she tries too hard to be big and bold and looks OTT and messy.

Taylor J surprised me as she looked great. Clean with some power and control over her long limbs.

Tess is pretty but bland. Lisa dances too low into the ground for someone so short. 

Chandi and Alanna look like they're having the best time! I don't think either are wow dancers but both are clean and precise. 

Tess reminds me of the comment by Kelli when she and Heather were rookies "Heather is too Vanillal".  Tess is beyone vanilla here.  Lisa is way to low, slow and stocking in this video.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

On today's podcast, Kelli says that they have the largest number of vets coming back to audition this upcoming May.  There were 32 in season 8, so more than 32?  Or is this just Kelli and her "facts"?

https://twitter.com/DCC_kristin

Well if they have 37 and so far, only 3 confirmed to be retiring and 2 speculations, they would,  at the very least, be equal to season 8's returning vets.  I'm wondering if there may be a few surprise retirees pop up (like Lauren last season) 😛 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, forumborum said:

I think most all are to focused on the camera and are hamming it up.  Facials are way way way too much on some of these ladies

Tess reminds me of the comment by Kelli when she and Heather were rookies "Heather is too Vanillal".  Tess is beyone vanilla here.  Lisa is way to low, slow and stocking in this video.

Tess is almost as bland as Amy.  I'm sure Tess is super nice...but she has NO style or pop.  Oh well,  at least she doesn't make ugly facials. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Bull.

Gina has a knee injury, recovering from surgery and she still showed up. 

Not to be a vk kiss up but atleast she wasn’t like Kat who showed up to class with the flu possible chancing on affecting others 

• Love 7
19 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Wonder why it's whited out?  Wonder if she quit/got cut? Hmm the plot thickens...I can't find her official DCC Twitter.  ETA - found it

Why can't I find it?

2 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Not that I dislike Chandi, just had been disappointed that was blended material, until NOW. She’s fierce there.

Amber gets overlooked IMO bc she’s top 5 in technique and power. I’d triangle her with Bridget, Caroline, maybe Gina. 

Bridget, Caroline and Amber are all super lovely, amazing dancers, but that would be the most girl next door triangle of all time.  They all take fantastic pictures (especially Caroline, IMO) but it wouldn't be as visually interesting to anyone except those of us that are super into the dancing itself.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Not to be a vk kiss up but atleast she wasn’t like Kat who showed up to class with the flu possible chancing on affecting others 

In Kelli's books you HAVE to show up even if you got flu, even if it risk infecting others. Isnt that along the lines of what Kelli told Melissa Rycroft when Melissa had mono (or whatever she had?). Kat shouldnt have gone in with flu but in Kelli's books at least she showed up but as I said before Kelli has never been "fair" (never will be) when it comes to VK. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

In Kelli's books you HAVE to show up even if you got flu, even if it risk infecting others. Isnt that along the lines of what Kelli told Melissa Rycroft when Melissa had mono (or whatever she had?). Kat shouldnt have gone in with flu but in Kelli's books at least she showed up but as I said before Kelli has never been "fair" (never will be) when it comes to VK. 

There was some girls who didn’t go due to being on trips !! 

1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Bridget, Caroline and Amber are all super lovely, amazing dancers, but that would be the most girl next door triangle of all time.  They all take fantastic pictures (especially Caroline, IMO) but it wouldn't be as visually interesting to anyone except those of us that are super into the dancing itself.

They’d be a whole lot more visually interesting than this plain Jane plus a 00s playboy bunny hodge podge from this season. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

And Kat

Meredith (hurts she’s such a beautiful human and a lovely dancer but this isn’t her style). lily (again lovely person but her dancing isn’t there) and Lisa (ok dancer and allegedly a shitty person). 

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, LRCH said:
On 3/5/2020 at 5:28 PM, Holly85 said:

Who would you like to see cut ? 

Meredith

LOL mine is every rookie BUT Meredith...oh and Savannah 🙂 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, ByTor said:

I love Gina, but this has to be the ugliest top I have ever seen.

image.thumb.png.908b80125fadc9000b64e869414cf5f4.png

OH LOOK ..... Gina's getting married ............ Gina did you accidentally put the skirt in the wash with a red sock? Whoops. Sorry didn't see that it was actually the rookie pinkie party, sorry Gina

24 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

OH LOOK ..... Gina's getting married ............ Gina did you accidentally put the skirt in the wash with a red sock? Whoops. Sorry didn't see that it was actually the rookie pinkie party, sorry Gina

Pirate wedding 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Another yawn fest. Amber and Taylor J stand out. I love Briana but she just looks tired. Lily, Amy T and Miranda are just bland dancers, like they do the choreography but that’s about it.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Another yawn fest. Amber and Taylor J stand out. I love Briana but she just looks tired. Lily, Amy T and Miranda are just bland dancers, like they do the choreography but that’s about it.

That’s actually Amy L 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, dccfan321 said:

The edit on this is so bad, I’m not sure how anyone can determine what or how this dance should actually look.

This is kasharas project but the ladies do choreograph it 

On 2/27/2020 at 11:40 PM, Lunacat said:

What an awful picture! From L-R: thiccccck,  pregnant from the tulle upwards, knockoff Ariel the mermaid Barbie doll circa 1991, Drake’s long lost twin sister, and ... pleading the 5th on Kat’s hair. 
They are all so beautiful in other pictures (and in real life) but yikes to this picture. 

Omg all those dresses are god awful! 

13 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Well, this is just dreadful. 

I couldn’t finish it. 

• Love 1

My favorite DCC in Motion was the first one with Madeline, Tess, Taylor and Victoria. The red dresses, music and choreography was flirty and cool. Which one did you all like? 

I would like to see a fun hip hop one. Or something like the video Amy and the other Pro Bowl cheerleaders put together to that song that goes “I work”.  Liked that one too. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Started the video and was pleasantly surprised that it not only did NOT feature Victoria in any way, but didn't even have her in the video.  The fact that it has girls that we've not only never (or rarely) seen in another video but another rookie?  You mean there's other rookies on the team?  I thought Victoria was the only rookie that made the team this year, the way she's featured all the time.  Yes, there was some snark and sarcasm in those last two sentences.  

Other than the fact that there's no Victoria in this video at all (which really elevates it above a certain few others), the video was okay, but it doesn't reflect Kelli's dialogue that these girls are world class.  Show us WHY they are world class.  Show us that they are amazing dancers who do fun, funky choreography that challenges them and makes them work, but that shows off their technique and training.  The majority of these videos are very similar to what we would see them perform on the field and doesn't showcase the talents of the girls in any meaningful way, at least to me.  Have several girls with amazing kicks?  Show them.  Have several girls that turn like tops?  Show them.  Have girls that have amazing leaps?  Show them. 

• Love 15