Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

21 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

The squad also needs an infusion of girls who represent the REST of the world.  Where are the rest of the black girls, the Middle Easter, the Native American, Latina, etc. girls?  There surely must be SOME in the greater Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex who are fabulous dancers and have the figure that Kelli claims she wants, if not somewhere else in the world. 

In the current squad we have, besides Ashlee Ford, Briana Baisden and Kat Puryear, Lisa Mills, Alanna Tarango, Kirstin Dodd, Cici Levi, Chandi Dayle and Rachel Wyatt, all of non-European descent (the rest of the world according to you). 9 out of 37. Come to think of it, I really would not know which percentage would be acceptable to begin with.
What is a latina anyway? Someone who speaks Spanish? And what does a language have to do with descent and/or ethnicity?

My point: Jon Secada, Alexis Bledel and Yalitza Aparicio: all latinos!

BA711DE3-FA3F-4F4E-B144-D9CCCBD8DE9C.jpeg.20aafac50bca3ddf65c73e23fbc9f543.jpeg65CD1ADD-5BD2-4158-9985-5DFF42748846.jpeg.cec69eb32dafd5ecf4a90919e933ce37.jpeg8CF83E53-A10F-48D6-9F62-B1DCC0F7AE5C.jpeg.3c77379603b5a28cf26f99e2174ab9f5.jpeg

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Pau84 said:

In the current squad we have, besides Ashlee Ford, Briana Baisden and Kat Puryear, Lisa Mills, Alanna Tarango, Kirstin Dodd, Cici Levi, Chandi Dayle and Rachel Wyatt, all of non-European descent (the rest of the world according to you). 9 out of 37. Come to think of it, I really would not know which percentage would be acceptable to begin with.
What is a latina anyway? Someone who speaks Spanish? And what does a language have to do with descent and/or ethnicity?

I'll start with the language aspect.  Language is a large part of culture and ethnicity and represents a large part of someone's heritage.  I'm not trying to slam anyone who lost access to the language at any age because that may have been their choice (dependent on age) or the choice that their parents made for them.  Still, they may have had access to their heritage through other things.  Not going to go into that debate because it all depends on the individual, their family and the importance that person and their family place on how culture, heritage, language and everything else impacts them and even what the definition is!

Granted, this year is pretty diverse in that a quarter of the squad represents those of non-European descent through heritage and other aspects, but, sad to say, the girls don't LOOK like what the average person thinks of when someone mentions Latina, East Indian, Middle Eastern, etc. (and I can be as guilty of that as the next person).  I'm trying NOT to put a percentage of what would be "acceptable" as that doesn't determine appearance or anything else.  However, the majority of these girls LOOK white or what people think of as vaguely Hispanic/Latina, etc.  They see girls with pale skin and lighter hair.  Even the girls with darker hair have paler complexions.  The girls that aren't African-American, but have some color in their skin seem to have hair that tends towards being more of a light brown (whether through changing the color or highlighting it because of Kelli).  The average viewer, who doesn't know the squad like we do, tends to see pretty "white" girls and a few African-American girls.

It seems that Kelli has gone for the Generic Girl look and away from the more "ethnic"/"cultural"/"stereotypical" girl that DOESN'T look like many of the girls who are of that race.  Granted, I can be as stupid-blind as the rest of society at times (and have worked to get past that), but there are young girls of many races/ethnicities/cultures who are just getting into the dance/cheerleading scene (and who don't know who the individual DCC are or their backgrounds/heritages) and don't see girls who look like them. 

I don't know if I've been able to say what I wanted, but I'm trying and it may take some time.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 19
On 2/15/2020 at 6:38 PM, Stee said:

The biggest and weirdest distraction to me is where they choose to film these #DCCinMotion videos.  Like, WHY the elevator lobby of this building?  It seems weird (and gross!) to be dancing barefoot on this marble floor, and the actual architecture itself isn't even pretty.

In the earlier videos, at least there was a pretty view and sunlight streaming in, but this time they are dancing barefoot (in basic warm up gear, no less) inside a Bank of America public waiting area.  In previous seasons, their outfits would be an "Airport DON’T"

If they are trying to showcase that these girls have talent in dance, they are doing them a disservice by having them dance in such odd locations.  I understand they want to show off the billions of dollars they put into The Star™, but it would look better (and more legitimate) if they just stuck to the dance studio!

PS- to the powers that be, if you're reading this, why not just have the girls perform their solos (or part of their solos) in the DCC training studio and post those instead?  Showcase one dancer a week and you've got 36 weeks of content right there!

agree completely...its distracting to see these in lobbies/hallways, and filmed at weird angles. I think they are trying to be edgy but its not...lol...

• Love 9

So.... the podcast has been refreshed and is pretty different! What are people's thoughts?

I do NOT miss Shannon asking the girls if they have a boyfriend (for the thousandth time)! He was not my best thing.

I thought Courtney got a lot better towards the end of TBAMFT but she was so into the girl talk she forgot to cut the cheerleaders off when they got boring (cue twenty minutes on Molly losing her phone on calendar shoot... the dullest story ever!)

I like Kelli a LOT and wish Judy spoke more, I enjoy Kristi too - I thought I wouldn't love Hailey but she's ok. 

I just wish it was more about cheerleading! The oscars spiel went on for SO long and I know it's Kelli's biggest deal in her life but I could have done without it. Hope they keep the podcast but have more cheerleading segments - I was SO SO happy to finally hear about Amy's probowl experience! 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

I just wish it was more about cheerleading!

I wonder what made them think that we wanted to hear about anything else.  I mean, did they look at all the questions they are asked on social media about the DCC, read the message boards, and think - gee, no one wants to hear about that?

2 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

The oscars spiel went on for SO long and I know it's Kelli's biggest deal in her life

No, that would be her best friend's daughter making the squad

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Not finding it.  Link please?

It should be in your podcast player? I use pocket cast (it's now called just for kicks if that helps?)

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I wonder what made them think that we wanted to hear about anything else.  I mean, did they look at all the questions they are asked on social media about the DCC, read the message boards, and think - gee, no one wants to hear about that?

No, that would be her best friend's daughter making the squad

1) I knoowwwwwww. I'm not a Kelli fan because of her entertainment opinions - I want to know about DCC! Like I really really want to know about DCC. 

2) Ugh lol. She brought up Tina last epi and I just cringed. 

I think Haley needs to intro herself a bit more in terms of "and this is what I do within the cowboys org" as opposed to just a random member of the Jones family... I quite enjoy her contributions but she really needs to bring it back to CHEERLEADING. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Gottodance said:

I just wish the DCC Making the team was more about cheerleading! Does anyone realize that the team has an entire squad and not just VK?

I’m still waiting for Kelli to realize that there is more to the team than VK.  Would love to be a fly on the wall around VK and Kelli, while the rest of the team are around.  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, NinjaMom11 said:

I really like the new podcast.  It gives some lighthearted insight into their true  personalities (whether you like them or not)  instead of just what CMT chooses to show us. 

Do you have to have a special "player" to see the podcasts? I don't know where to look or how to find them

On 2/15/2020 at 3:23 AM, DCC-UK said:

Whilst it’s nice to see different faces, please stop doing tricks you can’t do. 

That was so boring I stopped watching halfway and I usually don’t do that.  Most of those girls are back row caliber dancers - not interesting to watch even though they may be technically fine.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

Really pretty confused by this week. I get the WW2 stuff is interesting etc but it was SUCH a long segment. They're branding it as girl talk??? 

OMG they they have the title as “Swap Tours” instead of “Swamp Tours”!  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

WHY IN THE HECK did TPTB allow that photo to be published?

The IG accounts are personal accounts - Brennan posted something similar, as have Alanna, KaShara and Sydney, just to name a few.  There are other booty shots in the calendars and magazine.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

The IG accounts are personal accounts - Brennan posted something similar, as have Alanna, KaShara and Sydney, just to name a few.  There are other booty shots in the calendars and magazine.

I thought TPTB had control over all the girls social media accounts or at least had someone watching them (like was discussed recently about Facebook). I didn't think the girls were allowed to have any personal social media while on the team.

31 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I thought TPTB had control over all the girls social media accounts or at least had someone watching them (like was discussed recently about Facebook). I didn't think the girls were allowed to have any personal social media while on the team.

They have an official social media account that the organization sets up, but I've seen this claim on here a few times about the girls not being able to have their own personal social media accounts and that just isn't true. Most of the girls have their own accounts and post whatever they want. I'm sure they're watched, but they're not DCC controlled...and while I think the angle of Hannah's body is too severe to make a good photo, this photo fits within the DCC image so I doubt anyone would look sideways at it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I don't normally comment on, or even pay attention to swimsuit photos but WHY IN THE HECK did TPTB allow that photo to be published? Looks like her @$$ is hanging out.  NOT flattering.

Her a$$ hangs out of everything ~ the uniform, the practice outfits. Having said that ~ I'm jealous. I wish my a$$ looked that good.

Edited by bjo1969
  • LOL 5
  • Love 16
14 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I don't normally comment on, or even pay attention to swimsuit photos but WHY IN THE HECK did TPTB allow that photo to be published? Looks like her @$$ is hanging out.  NOT flattering.

I don't think the angle is the greatest for her because she looks alarmingly thin, but the TPTB  have featured "butt" shots like this for years in the calendar. Just take a look at Ashton T. posing among the rusty ships from Season 4 (I think) and you'll see what I mean. I wish my butt looked that good!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cgloss said:

Maddie looks good here. I like the longer hair on her, and she seems to be losing the baby face. Like the dancing, too.

I totally agree! I am so happy for her! 
Her cheekbones seem to have a lower elevation than in her younger years, hell, than a half year ago, and it makes her face look less round. Her longer hair also gives her a longer face.

49064D45-CC03-4DAC-A600-3DCC2B3CADA0.jpeg.18e879be171f454f1b76479e870821f6.jpeg

Maddie is bringing the glamour in her 5th year, and I am all for it. I always liked her but I always felt like she wasn’t up to par on the glamour department. If she keeps changing like this, who knows how she would look like in her 6th or 7th year!  Maybe she’ll be much more of a confident speaker as well!

• Love 19
1 hour ago, ATLGirl said:

I don't think the angle is the greatest for her because she looks alarmingly thin, but the TPTB  have featured "butt" shots like this for years in the calendar. Just take a look at Ashton T. posing among the rusty ships from Season 4 (I think) and you'll see what I mean. I wish my butt looked that good!

This one?

3137466_orig.jpg

• Love 6
3 hours ago, cgloss said:

Maddie looks good here. I like the longer hair on her, and she seems to be losing the baby face. Like the dancing, too.

I like the little chest pops she does...and her hair...I love the longer hair but I'm not crazy about the darker color.  She looks like she's in great shape!! 🙂 

• Love 7
On 2/20/2020 at 7:55 PM, scorpio1031 said:

She is just stunning

Might put this on my pinboard as inspiration to get back in the gym! I wish my ass looked that, I'd always have it out! 

I think Hannah is one of those girls, like Erin, who always looks slim and skinny because of their height. I wish my bod looked like that again!

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Might put this on my pinboard as inspiration to get back in the gym! I wish my ass looked that, I'd always have it out! 

I think Hannah is one of those girls, like Erin, who always looks slim and skinny because of their height. I wish my bod looked like that again!

Brennan's booty is my inspiration 🙂 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, cgloss said:

After all these years they just figured out that longer hair looks better on her? So much better! Why'd that take so long?

On 2/20/2020 at 2:55 PM, scorpio1031 said:

She is just stunning

I love Hannah and her a$$.  That being said  hope she does a less raunchy audition routine this year. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, bjo1969 said:

Her a$$ hangs out of everything ~ the uniform, the practice outfits. Having said that ~ I'm jealous. I wish my a$$ looked that good.

I always wondered why TPTB didn’t adjust the fit/size/? of the bottom of Hannah’s uniform so she wouldn’t have so much booty ‘cheek’ visible. Not only did it obviously stand out (in a not so flattering way) compared to how the uniform fit on the girls around her, but the improper fit did her a disservice by making her look more bottom-heavy than I think she actually is (or was).
Even if her booty is bigger than most, Hannah’s bikini photo makes her look more proportional than the DCC hot pants did.. but maybe that’s due to the magic of photoshopping..🤷🏼‍♀️😜

Edited by Blndee6
Spelling correction
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Blndee6 said:

I always wondered why TPTB didn’t adjust the fit/size/? of the bottom of Hannah’s uniform so she wouldn’t have so much booty ‘cheek’ visible. Not only did it obviously stand out (in a not so flattering way) compared to how the uniform fit on the girls around her, but the improper fit did her a disservice by making her look more bottom-heavy than I think she actually is (or was).
Even if her booty is bigger than most, Hannah’s bikini photo makes her look more proportional than the DCC hot pants did.. but maybe that’s due to the magic of photoshopping..🤷🏼‍♀️😜

Especially considering the fact that in season 10 or 11 during cameo shoot day Kelli told Lisa that someone (face not shown) that there was a lot of booty. It definitely surprises me that she would go from that, which was not as noticeable, to Hannah's about two seasons later. 

Edited by meg.r
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Blndee6 said:

She’s gorgeous, very photogenic and has a bod to die for.

That and she always comes across as a kind, sweet human being. A photo like this from someone else on the team (not gonna name names) would at the very least get a raised eyebrow from me, but I always have found her to be respectable and the photo would definitely sell a calendar as @Blndee6 mentioned.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, dotdot 37 said:

How are they going to show case VK  next season is she going to have her own show or is she going to be one of the judges

I'm sure she'll be the one brought in to assist at any of the mentoring or outside of regular rehearsal practice sessions.  You know.  Where they bring in a veteran who is supposed to be the example of stellar and full of power.  🤮

• LOL 16

I had a dream that Caroline retired. But when I woke up I couldn't remember if it was a dream or real so just jumped on here to confirm 🤣 fingers crossed it wasn't a premonition..

Edited by JayDKay
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Gina always looks good, but the hair color is so much better here.

It looks so much more natural and makes her appealing to both men and women. That bleach blonde colour made her look like an ice queen.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

I had a dream that Caroline retired

Sounds more like a nightmare to me:)

7 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

It looks so much more natural and makes her appealing to both men and women. That bleach blonde colour made her look like an ice queen.

It's funny - I like Lexie's blonde, but don't like Gina's bleachy blonde or VK's yellow blonde.  Just has to be the right shade I guess.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Gina always looks good, but the hair color is so much better here.

I don't wear make up, so it might be my naivete, but I swear it looks like someone hit her in the face, due to the way she is wearing her cheek make up; it looks to me like a bruised cheek bone as well the bruise moves up along her hairline. Her forehead is pale white as well as under her eyes and nose.  it just looks "off" to me.

Also, she's wearing jeans and a casual top, so why all the "heavy"  night time eye and cheek colors? 🤷‍♀️

• Love 1