Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

23 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Show us that they are amazing dancers who do fun, funky choreography that challenges them and makes them work, but that shows off their technique and training. 

According to the podcast, that was the original purpose of these videos.  KaShara puts the girls in groups depending on the styles they are strong in.  She picks out the settings and the music, but the girls do their own choreo.

• Useful 3
(edited)
On 3/5/2020 at 5:28 PM, Holly85 said:

Who would you like to see cut ? 

Well, not to be mean & I wish no heartache on anyone, but to answer the question-- VK (which we know won't happen) then maybe Christina.I understand she has worked alot of her years to get where she is at, but I believe her time has come and gone..('expiration date has passed' as Jay coined abt someone in past)

Edited by dccstar7
Typo error
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 3/3/2020 at 2:17 PM, mizzhyer said:

I don't know the young lady other than following her on IG, but my opinion on Dayton is that DCC was not her dream...and maybe never was.  I love following her...she is a beautiful dancer, a beautiful person and seems to be genuine with her personality.  She seems to be happy with her upcoming move to Houston (unless that's changed) and I hope things go well for her! 🙂

I thought Dayton was beautiful and classy just like her mom @ShellyB! I believe Dayton may have wanted to try her hand at DCC, then Iwas disgusted at how she was treated! Good for you, Dayton! I am glad she is pursuing dreams elsewhere! I respect the DCC, but yes, alot of the moves back in the KF/JT days were so much more basic..Not knocking them, but today's world/competition is SO different! But I sure love Shelly on the staff! Seems so genuine!

Edited by dccstar7
Content
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I seem to have Amy-fatigue because I cannot stand to see her anymore. I think she is a great person and all, but I can’t stop thinking: can’t she just leave already?

The past 5 years she did not stand out, and when she tried out for the first time I barely took notice. Amy Trader, Megan Carcioppollo and Holly Powell were the rookies that stood out. They should have been point in these past years. There have been DCC’s that were much much much better than Amy, in any department, and that did not make point, and here she is, just point by default, still dancing point, in the front.

I definitely have Amy-fatigue.

• Love 13
On 2/20/2020 at 9:07 PM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I don't normally comment on, or even pay attention to swimsuit photos but WHY IN THE HECK did TPTB allow that photo to be published? Looks like her @$$ is hanging out.

She is stunning, no doubt IMO, but I agree, @dccbluegrassdccfan ! I thought the whole 'idea's was 'wholesome' as they say...not exactly America's Sweethearts in my book, although I DO wish by bod looked like that! I also don't like the ribs sticking out either! Hannah is very pretty tho!

On 2/21/2020 at 12:55 PM, ByTor said:

Hannah's wearing a thong, it's not that her ass is hanging out, it's just all ass LOL

Agreed about the thong!

(edited)
On 2/21/2020 at 11:27 AM, Pau84 said:

I totally agree! I am so happy for her! 
Her cheekbones seem to have a lower elevation than in her younger years, hell, than a half year ago, and it makes her face look less round. Her longer hair also gives her a longer face.

49064D45-CC03-4DAC-A600-3DCC2B3CADA0.jpeg.18e879be171f454f1b76479e870821f6.jpeg

Maddie is bringing the glamour in her 5th year, and I am all for it. I always liked her but I always felt like she wasn’t up to par on the glamour department. If she keeps changing like this, who knows how she would look like in her 6th or 7th year!  Maybe she’ll be much more of a confident speaker as well!

Maddie seems to look a little thinner in this pic! I take awful pics & would love to look like one of these DCC's even on one of their bad days! I think they all look really pretty, but I do get the idea of maddie as having a little girl look!

Edited by dccstar7
  • Love 4
On 3/6/2020 at 6:08 PM, ByTor said:

I love Gina, but this has to be the ugliest top I have ever seen.

image.thumb.png.908b80125fadc9000b64e869414cf5f4.png

I don't really mind the top -- Gina obvs took a sleeve tutorial from our fashion forward Brennan. BUT (and everyone knows I love me some Gina) those shoes!!!  Gasp -- are they rehab footwear for while her knee heals?  She redeems the entire outfit, though, with her gorgeous new hair look. (hmm, maybe not, I really can't get past those matronly shoes.....)  Love the smile and hair (and her dancing!), though.

4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

According to the podcast, that was the original purpose of these videos.  KaShara puts the girls in groups depending on the styles they are strong in.  She picks out the settings and the music, but the girls do their own choreo.

If that was the original purpose of the videos, they not only lost their way, but went so far off course that they'll never be found again.  I wish someone with a choreographer's knowledge and skills would come in for these videos after the girls have come up with the moves and polish up the routines.  Something along the lines of "That transition makes things too choppy, if you did x/y/z, then it would flow better from this move to that move" or "Everyone has to be able to do all the moves cleanly.  If you can't do the move, let me or [person] know and we'll substitute something else that everyone can do well."  Etc.  Give them critiques and the WHY of making things better, teach them about what works and what doesn't.  Even if they never go on to choreograph again, they'll have learned something about the process from people who know.

• Love 10
On 2/18/2020 at 11:44 PM, Blue hues said:

I’m still waiting for Kelli to realize that there is more to the team than VK.  Would love to be a fly on the wall around VK and Kelli, while the rest of the team are around.  

I actually pity the poor girls being subjected to this blatant VK favoritism. And most likely VK isn't fully self aware (being groomed from birth) that she is seen in a worse light than she even knows...(no doubt she is so entitled acting), but all that aside, yes I too, would like to be a fly on the wall! It would be so SAD to truly know that u didn't actually "earn" ur spot! Now I'm not saying she is awful by any means, but KF and TK have done her an injustice in a backwards way IMO...(there are many benefits of flying under the radar)... but hey she is young and most likely happy (obviously) of the benefits. I've watched a few seasons here and there of this show til I got deep in the rabbit hole around season 12...My spouse even said "why is that one chick ALWAYS featured" & that person knows zero abt the show! But hey that says alot. I had crazy respect before, but after VK ordeal I truly see that it is not WHAT u know but "who u know" undeniable! And OMG don't even get me started on #Cassiegate! But even she wasnt even featured as much! Hey even Kalli Fullerton was shown alot(and didn't mind too much as she never came across entitled)But the VK is off the chain obvious! And oh Lord the meredith thing is just pathetic! Thank you all for this forum!!!

• Love 9
On 11/19/2019 at 10:48 PM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Has she sat out more games than anyone? I've lost track.

Just asking out of curiosity..does anyone think meredith will be a one and done? Nothing against her but it wouldn't exactly chap me if she was a one and done! She isn't AWFUL, but going on past seasong K/J would have cut her in week 2 easily! She is lovely, but going on what I've seen in the past--TCC's were cut for her issues EARLY!

7 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

I’m confused by this

Me too!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, dccstar7 said:

Just asking out of curiosity..does anyone think meredith will be a one and done? Nothing against her but it wouldn't exactly chap me if she was a one and done! She isn't AWFUL, but going on past seasong K/J would have cut her in week 2 easily! She is lovely, but going on what I've seen in the past--TCC's were cut for her issues EARLY!

I think Meredith is likely a one-and-done and won't survive Auditions.  In the past, the majority of Kelli's girl-crushes (gymnast Kat, Breelan, Morgan, etc.) were cut once they showed they hadn't improved over the past year.  Kelsey L. survived to year 2 because she improved and had been working hard.  Kelsey L. is the only one of Kelli's girl-crushes that I can think of that made it to her second year, but are there others? 

I think Meredith will be gone, Kat will be cut due to being a MAJOR ambassador risk (and she'd better hope for a miracle between now and auditions) and I suspect Lily will be the third rookie cut.  Kat seems to think that she'll be on the squad next year and I want to see her face if she gets cut.  She just may be the one to spill the tea if she gets cut.

• Love 6

I don't know, I feel like Kelli has had a bigger crush on Meredith than she did any of those other girls. Unless she has a really bad audition, or gains too much weight or she/other judges are over her, or she's been late anytime during the season...I feel like they would let her slide and bring her back. There has been a few weak dancers that keep making it back year after year for some reason. And if Kelli still loves her then...ya know...lol. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I feel like Kelli has had a bigger crush on Meredith than she did any of those other girls.

Panel interviews - season 14

Jay - in your opinion, who do you consider a visionary

Meredith - Kelli Finglass

Of course, Kelli has a crush on her!!!  But what if she finds a new fling at auditions this year?

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Started the video and was pleasantly surprised that it not only did NOT feature Victoria in any way, but didn't even have her in the video.  The fact that it has girls that we've not only never (or rarely) seen in another video but another rookie?  You mean there's other rookies on the team?  I thought Victoria was the only rookie that made the team this year, the way she's featured all the time.  Yes, there was some snark and sarcasm in those last two sentences.  

Other than the fact that there's no Victoria in this video at all (which really elevates it above a certain few others), the video was okay, but it doesn't reflect Kelli's dialogue that these girls are world class.  Show us WHY they are world class.  Show us that they are amazing dancers who do fun, funky choreography that challenges them and makes them work, but that shows off their technique and training.  The majority of these videos are very similar to what we would see them perform on the field and doesn't showcase the talents of the girls in any meaningful way, at least to me.  Have several girls with amazing kicks?  Show them.  Have several girls that turn like tops?  Show them.  Have girls that have amazing leaps?  Show them. 

That's why I can't wait for Amber's solo video. That girl has technique and precision as well as showmanship. She's a rockstar like Bridget!

• Love 13
(edited)
On 3/6/2020 at 11:06 AM, kalibean said:

Bridget, Caroline and Amber are all super lovely, amazing dancers, but that would be the most girl next door triangle of all time.  They all take fantastic pictures (especially Caroline, IMO) but it wouldn't be as visually interesting to anyone except those of us that are super into the dancing itself.

I think Caroline is just pretty, and has good technique but she isnt good as Queen Bridget, Gina aor Amber... she is not as powerful as those three, its the same with Rachel W, she was just in the triangle bc of her pretty face, but she is not powerful.

My dream Triangle would be:

❤️ BRENNAN!! ❤️   idc idc idc idc idc

Bridget                   Gina

Daphne                     Amber                     Jalyn

Lets not forget about our girl Jalyn T_T

Edited by DCC-fan94
  • Love 2
On 3/5/2020 at 7:31 PM, CrazyEve said:

When has Kelli ever been "fair" when it came to VK 🙂 

Ummm.....IMHO...like NEVER been been fair with VK! And as bad as I hate to say it---some is VK"s fault...but shoving her down our throats for 2yrs has done VK NO favors! As I've stated before I do not know VK as a person,  and actually had a high school bff that wore makeup like this&teases hair 100% of the time,  lots ppl didn't like her even tho she was mostly a genuine person. Now idk if VK is or not, but this favortism is OFF the charts&I have lots if close friends (like as TK is to KF) but it pains me that TK pushes the VK even more and KF goes right along! IMO it is only hurting VK! But who knows, I guess KF & co. Need a storyline &what better that having someone we all (mostly) love to hate! Ratings! I believe alot of it is all about the cold hard cash at the end of the day, regardless of who it hurts! I would actually love to see more 2nd yrs and gets alike, as some vets are rarely EVER featured!

On 3/5/2020 at 12:22 PM, mizzhyer said:

I really like Maddie...but I think she needs to remember Kelli's suggestion from her first time in TC..."just a nice pleasant smile will do".  She does not look gangsta/tough/hip hop in any of them.

I agree on maddie's facials, they are hair too much!

• Love 3
(edited)
On 3/5/2020 at 5:13 PM, cgloss said:

I hope there are quite a few cuts.  Not to be mean, but this squad could use some serious shaking up.

Was that the podcast with Kashara? I didn't listen, but I couldn't figure out why she would even be on.

I agree! I feel like several vets may retire or at least consider it... Some I will hate to see leave, others I may yawn at. And yes, the squad needs some shaking up! I've always wondered (highly unlikely) what it would be like if over half the squad decided to leave due to the VK (and possibly meredith)favortism?? (Meredith made alot of mistakes but the VK nepotism is off the chain)--Not being mean, just curious. Most of these gals works their butts off to be on the team! But hey, I'd rather know I'd earned my place vs. A 'given'...I know I come across as awful at times, but it IS the truth!

Edited by dccstar7
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 3/6/2020 at 5:05 PM, LRCH said:

Mine is on Rachel W. ☺️

Me too! I know alot of people say Rachel W.has a vacant stare, etc. But I personally think she is so beautiful and cannot take a bad photo! Such a pretty girl &for most part has been semi flying under the radar--which I think is a good thing! #girlcrush

Edited by dccstar7
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, dccstar7 said:

I agree! I feel like several versions may retire or at least consider it... Some I will hate to see leave, others I may yawn at. And yes, the squad needs some shaking up! I've always wondered (highly unlikely) what it would be like if over half the squad decided to leave due to the nepotism??? Not being mean, just curious. Most of these gals works their butta off to be on the team! But hey, I'd rather know I'd earned mybolqce vs. A 'given'...I know I come across as awful at times, but it IS the truth!

I'm not sure if they need a "shake up" or not.  Do I want to see some go, you betcha, however, You need a "base" of 36 women that can do the DCC style on the field for games, even if they don't do it that great.  Then of those 36 you need 16 or so more specialized/technical dancers for show group. Then you also need 10-15 "ambassadors"  that are photogenic yet also have the ability to talk to media or "socialize" with the general public or with high society at specialized events.  It's very hard to find 36 people who can fit those different criteria which is why you have the "blenders" that are on the team year after year as they may not be the "best" performing DCC, but they are good for selling calendars or as ambassadors for the charity and other events.

At least that's my 2 cents.   

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
On 3/6/2020 at 8:17 AM, evasworld123 said:

Amanda’s move/look at the very end absolutely slays. Hope she continues to shine next season. 

Also enjoyed Heather in this!

Regarding the recent Evan Miller video, VK looks great but she’s front and center.. again 🙄

Amanda looks good & lexie is da bomb in this!!!

• Love 5
21 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I think Meredith is likely a one-and-done and won't survive Auditions.  In the past, the majority of Kelli's girl-crushes (gymnast Kat, Breelan, Morgan, etc.) were cut once they showed they hadn't improved over the past year.  Kelsey L. survived to year 2 because she improved and had been working hard.  Kelsey L. is the only one of Kelli's girl-crushes that I can think of that made it to her second year, but are there others? 

I think Meredith will be gone, Kat will be cut due to being a MAJOR ambassador risk (and she'd better hope for a miracle between now and auditions) and I suspect Lily will be the third rookie cut.  Kat seems to think that she'll be on the squad next year and I want to see her face if she gets cut.  She just may be the one to spill the tea if she gets cut.

You are so right about KF's girl crushes (e.g. Morgan,etc)..it is like she is enamored with them then after year 1 KF is over it. Let's just hope so on the meredith thing. Yes, I think Meredith is a pretty girl &not the worst dancer ever(not far behind tho)...if history repeats itself, I believe ur right that she will be a one and done.. Ive heard alot on these boards about how she maybe tied to the Jones family&gossip runs rampant here, but, hey i DO believe there is 'something's about  her other than a KF girl crush...

As far as Kat goes--she is so pretty but yes a major major ambassador risk! (KF would've laid into anyone else that called a news anchor 'baby' as she did on media training day) and as for that tea, I do believe Kat would be one (if cut) to spill that tea like crazy!

• Love 1
On 3/4/2020 at 1:12 PM, PepperM said:

Okay y’all I’m literally obsessed with this video - I want to learn this choreo!! It seems like so much fun and the ladies clearly had a blast working on it. 

That said - it was so unfair to put Lily and Meredith next to Lexie in small groups. Next to no pop or “boss” attitude whereas Lexie was slaying it. I was pleasantly surprised by how well Rachel W adapted to this style; it doesn’t feel like her kind of combo but she killed it. Kristin too. I hope we get more videos out of this class because I’d love to see some of the groups do the whole thing. 

Love this video too! Also lexie was on fiyah!!! And rachel w (one of my faves) stepped up and looked great! Love all the girls in this!

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Who is confirmed retiring besides Molly? 

Amy heather with someone who said also Christina and Bridget but them two haven’t actually posted if they are 

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Amy and Heather

Still not sure about Heather and have never seen any evidence it's confirmed????? Though given how they treated her with the leaked photos I wouldn't blame her!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Lona said:

Still not sure about Heather and have never seen any evidence it's confirmed????? Though given how they treated her with the leaked photos I wouldn't blame her!

I’ve told her on Twitter I would miss seeing her on the sidelines this next season and she said thank you !! She almost didn’t come for her 4th  year 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

It's kinda funny how this is one of two group photos that were never shared - the other being Amy's (unless I've missed it). I know Maddie's and Heather's are out there.

One of the few photos in which VK is in back!  Not loving Tess’ orGina’s cup overfloweth look.  Looks almost painful.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

It's kinda funny how this is one of two group photos that were never shared - the other being Amy's (unless I've missed it). I know Maddie's and Heather's are out there.

If Tess and Taylor could just switch places🤣

• LOL 5
5 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Never seen one of these shots of Amy’s group I’ve seen this one of Amy’s 

46568142-3BD5-452C-A32C-6FABBC3AB6E4.jpeg

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

If Tess and Taylor could just switch places🤣

Or Gina and Molly.

22 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Never seen one of these shots of Amy’s group I’ve seen this one of Amy’s 

46568142-3BD5-452C-A32C-6FABBC3AB6E4.jpeg

The angle on this has Caroline’s legs looking like a little kids. I thjnk her look is boring as a graham cracker but she has perfect legs. Who picked this pic? 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Or Gina and Molly.

The angle on this has Caroline’s legs looking like a little kids. I thjnk her look is boring as a graham cracker but she has perfect legs. Who picked this pic? 

This was from Amy’s ig 

16 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Or Gina and Molly.

If that’s savannah on the far left, the photo doesn’t do anything for her legs either.  Awkward photos all around.  Tess looks like a lollipop (big head/hair on skinny body) and VK looks like she is blending.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, LynneH said:

I'm not sure if they need a "shake up" or not.  Do I want to see some go, you betcha, however, You need a "base" of 36 women that can do the DCC style on the field for games, even if they don't do it that great.  Then of those 36 you need 16 or so more specialized/technical dancers for show group. Then you also need 10-15 "ambassadors"  that are photogenic yet also have the ability to talk to media or "socialize" with the general public or with high society at specialized events.  It's very hard to find 36 people who can fit those different criteria which is why you have the "blenders" that are on the team year after year as they may not be the "best" performing DCC, but they are good for selling calendars or as ambassadors for the charity and other events.

At least that's my 2 cents.   

This is how I feel about the likes of Miranda and Alexis. Good in the DCC style but not incredible, nor do they have the best technique in other styles, yet they are great for appearances and as ambassadors. Plus Alexis is very photogenic too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Honestly, I don't want to see any vets cut.  I may not care for some of them...but that doesn't mean I want them cut.  Now if they get some rock star rookie candidates, then there are a few who should definitely be stepping up their game (Kat, Lily, Meredith).  Based on the videos that are being posted by some potential auditioners, I don't think they will be in too much danger.  The danger for vets is going to come from the dancers they have recruited.  If some of the girls I've seen in these dance competitions come to auditions, then it's going to be game on. 

6 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Or Gina and Molly.

Miranda needs to quit hunching down...she needs to stand tall and proud.  I agree on the angle making them look weird.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

I keep forgetting how gorgeous Taylor is....Brennan is body goals for me!! 

Gina looks good ...but I agree...Kat, Gina, and Tess have the cups overflowing look and it looks painful to me. 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 3/7/2020 at 12:16 PM, Holly85 said:

If Amy is retiring, why do we still have to be subjected to her?  I'm just so not a fan of hers.  This was also a very boring piece...but none of them have been great so I guess it's just par for course. 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 3/7/2020 at 3:28 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Ok...I'm going to be a Negative Nancy today...as much as I like KaShara...if this DCC In Motion thing is her baby....she could do a better job of putting the groups together.  She seems to be focused on a main group of girls and occasionally tosses in an odd one so that they can't say they weren't featured.  If the girls do their own choreo...then it's VERY obvious they are not choreographers...even the one who runs her own dance studio. This is some of the most bland and vanilla choreo I've seen (which makes me think Vanilla Amy did the choreo because I doubt there is any way she would let someone else choreograph that piece).

Now if I had to vote for some solo DCC In Motion to see:

Gina, Amber, Hannah, Ashlee, Kelcey and Amanda.

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

This was also a very boring piece...but none of them have been great so I guess it's just par for course. 

I agree, this was not very good, in my opinion. It looks like they are out of sync a lot, and it was just boring. Sorry everyone that loves it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I’m confused concerning the DCC in motion videos.. I thought they were intended to be a fun way for different groups of the squad to be able to express the styles they like/love/want to push themselves in? Did Kashara mention something different on the podcast? I haven’t had the chance to listen. 

Whenever I see one, I immediately think “oh how fun!” and don’t really take them that seriously. I mean this is the first year they’re doing them so all in all, I feel like it’s just another opportunity to see the girls having fun outside of gameday and appearances. Also, did @ShellyB mention that when choosing the groups it depended on the girl’s availability? Because I feel like some of them just don’t have the jobs or time to commit to these videos!! 

Overall, I love them! I’m glad we get to see different styles, outfits and groups! 🙂 Being that the DCC are a professional group of dancers, we don’t get to see them actually dance enough imo! 

• Love 15

I love the DCC in motion. I finally watched that podcast and Kashara picked the groups trying to shake up things diff than their field groups, more based on styles, who would look interesting together etc.

She picks the groups, sites, music and the girls choreograph themselves. 

It basically comes down to this is a way to use the girls to show off the star. They run them on those screens in the star sort of like a filler between ads if that makes sense. Girls wear their own costumes or stuff people can buy in t pro shops. It’s basically a big product placement commercial. 

i mean seriously we say we want more non pom dance, and here it is. They’re not spending money for choreographers, they’re trying to sell the Star, clothes, prep classes, etc. more than anything. 

I think they shot them in the fall and are rolling them all out now. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Ok...I'm going to be a Negative Nancy today...as much as I like KaShara...if this DCC In Motion thing is her baby....she could do a better job of putting the groups together.  She seems to be focused on a main group of girls and occasionally tosses in an odd one so that they can't say they weren't featured.  If the girls do their own choreo...then it's VERY obvious they are not choreographers...even the one who runs her own dance studio. This is some of the most bland and vanilla choreo I've seen (which makes me think Vanilla Amy did the choreo because I doubt there is any way she would let someone else choreograph that piece).

Now if I had to vote for some solo DCC In Motion to see:

Gina, Amber, Hannah, Ashlee, Kelcey and Amanda.

I saw amber the other day on her ig story she was filming her solo 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I saw amber the other day on her ig story she was filming her solo 

Legit cannot wait for this one. She'll show up so many others with her technique, grace and power.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

It’s a lyrical piece 

I know, you can still be powerful in a lyrical or contemporary piece. That's my favourite style and she's a very well-rounded dancer in all styles.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I know, you can still be powerful in a lyrical or contemporary piece. That's my favourite style and she's a very well-rounded dancer in all styles.

I know she is !! I was just mentioning the style she was doing 

• Love 3