Type keyword(s) to search

Current Team Updates and Social Media

charappleby
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Is tgat Alexis on the left? What the hell is she wearing? Everyone has nice dresses on and she shows up in cullottes and a jean jacket?

She wasn’t the only one who wore a Jean jacket 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, kalibean said:

You make some excellent points, and I go back and forth on my thoughts with this. Kelli is consistently inconsistent with how she treats people, and I’m always curious which way the wind will blow. Upon rewatch of some of Dayton’s time in training camp (thanks Pluto for providing consistent background noise!), I think Kelli was frustrated AF at Dayton, and wasn’t shy about showing it. I think Dayton is so pretty, and so talented, but generally not a great fit for the DCC. 

VK is a like a s****** little golden retriever, full of energy and lives/breathes DCC. Dayton came across to me as underprepared, even when she had a lot of the same opportunities and background to shine. She was lower energy, seemed disinterested, late for her makeover, lacked punch in the dances, etc. And her mom is one of the best DCC of all time!  She shouldn’t have had any issues with pop or power or giving a great smile during performances. 

I don’t like how Kelli treated Dayton, to be sure, but in hindsight, I feel like Dayton was running through the motions and checking it off her to do list. And maybe Kelli knew that, or knew that Dayton was more excited about other things. And maybe Kelli was right not to take the risk in Dayton improving because Dayton didn’t finish her cruise line position either if I remember correctly.  

And here’s VK, someone Kelli has been close with her entire life, and VK is happy go lucky and kissing butt and sooooo psyched to be there. Auntie Kelli eats it right up.  She always does. The broody, thoughtful girls rarely make the team. Kelli likes big smiles and bubbly and sweet.  The thing that gets me is that Dayton knew that too and didn’t bother. 

Being a DCC isn’t a dance job in contemporary or lyrical or ballet. It’s a big, bright smile, T&A, sunshine and bubbles on appearances, etc.  That’s not for everyone, and I think a big part of why so many are one and done, or don’t even cross the finish line when they obviously have the talent for it.

You also make some excellent points.  However, it is VERY hard to be somewhere every day and be energetic/interested/bright, smiling all the time, and generally happy to be there when, if the show is anything to go by for Dayton, you're constantly criticized, never praised and, in a way, beaten down every day you're there with no end in sight.  It also weighs on people when they see someone in the same or similar position get constant support and second chances from those same people despite the mistakes and weight gain (among other things).  It messes with your head and, even though you do your best, it always feels like you're not doing enough.  I've been in a VERY similar situation (thought not dance-related) and it was rough going.  The best thing I ever did was get out of there. 

As for the cruise line position, a job where you're away from your support structure after leaving a likely toxic work environment was probably not the best choice for her at the time.  It was certainly a way to distract her from what had just happened, but if she'd taken the time to decompress and deal with everything before auditioning, she likely would have stayed the whole contract.  However, we'll never know WHY she left the cruise line. 

Kelli takes risks on every girl who makes it to Training Camp so Dayton and Victoria are no different.  Every girl is psyched to be there, happy to be there, at first.  We've also seen how stressful it is, how exhausting both physically and mentally and how strict Kelli is about certain things.  To add the extra things Dayton was evidently facing and no wonder she wasn't the happy, smiley person Kelli "demand".   I don't think it was that Dayton "didn't bother", it was that she was reserved and then was not only targeted by Kelli, but had extra negative attention paid to her that killed the experience for her.  I think that, if she had been treated as any other girl, without that extra attention, she probably would have dealt with everything better and likely made the team.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
4 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I think that, if she had been treated as any other girl, without that extra attention, she probably would have dealt with everything better and likely made the team.

Extra attention also brought on by CMT creating a storyline "comparing" the two legacies.  Dayton said she would never audition again unless the show was over and I can see why.

• Love 16
On 2/28/2020 at 3:16 PM, Holly85 said:

Told my friend who works in one of the nursing homes that the girls had gone to for a visit and she had the bad experience with kelli I told her next time walk up to her and tell her jayln got robbed lol my friend was like what I said just do it lol 

What happened with kelli?  I don't remember this.  Thanks!

• Love 1
On 2/27/2020 at 10:14 PM, Jesiklyn said:

This photo is also on Facebook.

Love Savies dress but Kat needed to iron hers and that pattern is doing interesting things to Brenna. 

20200228_161016.jpg

Did Kat look at herself on the mirror before leaving the house? That dress needs to be ironed badly as it looks like she slept in it with all those wrinkles.  VK didn’t know how to use a can opener so I’m betting Kat doesn’t know how to iron wrinkled clothing. 

On 2/27/2020 at 8:51 PM, Holly85 said:

The only picture on the dcc ig so far from pinky party 

A0B43304-225E-4E5E-B2CC-A4712939F8DE.jpeg

Do all the girls get to invite their moms? Probably not, so here we have more favoritism for the Kalini family. I’m surprised Tina doesn’t get to dance next to her daughter on the field. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Yetta said:

What happened with kelli?  I don't remember this.  Thanks!

This happened a few weeks ago at my friends job they were doing an apparence at kelli was extremely rude to my friend 

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

Do all the girls get to invite their moms? Probably not, so here we have more favoritism for the Kalini family. I’m surprised Tina doesn’t get to dance next to her daughter on the field. 

Tina's reliving her glory days through her daughter.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, bjo1969 said:

Tina's reliving her glory days through her daughter.

So is Kelli.  Sam will probably never audition, so VK is the next best thing.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 13
(edited)

I think VK is incredibly fortunate to have a mom interested and involved.   I guess it could get aggravating but VK seems to handle it well.   I would have loved to have 1/100th of that interest by my parents.   They had their own challenges just putting food on the table so I don't blame them.  

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 6
On 1/21/2020 at 7:35 AM, mizzhyer said:

When Kat made that comment....she lost me...I could tolerate her crazy up until that point.  Now...she can go away.

I wasn’t going to comment, but Kat’s post pushed me over the edge.

I’ve lived in GA most of my life, with the exception of the grade-school years (I’m actually from the Northeast).  Then, for a few years in 2015, we lived in the Mountain West where I was a ski instructor in a very liberal resort town. (Bear with me, mods, this point is relevant to Kat’s ridiculous comment.)

As a GA transplant out West, I was often referred to “good naturedly” as a redneck, not because I had a southern accent (remember, I didn’t get to GA until high school and largely have no accent thanks to being a part time professional actor).  If anything, I got that designation because of my conservative Christianity; in that town, you’d have a better chance of encountering a moose than you would a conservative Christian.    

Clearly the “redneck” designation means different things to different people around the country, and my recent experience has led me to conclude that people who see themselves as more “cosmopolitan” or “progressive” in their worldview think it’s cute and clever to label others, even entire population demographics, with that descriptor.

It appears that Kat thinks her particular demographic spares her from being confused with a “redneck”, regardless of being a self-professed Christian from the Carolinas.

Dear Kat:  Please stop advertising for God, as it makes people think that all believers go around claiming similar nonsensical things.  You’re doing us no favors.

On 3/1/2020 at 10:46 AM, DCC-UK said:

Seems Amanda and Daphne went along too. I hate to say it because I love her, but Amanda just looked tired and weak.

Daphne, on the other hand, looked strong and powerful with a special pop to her. I think it's in one of their stories somewhere.

This. I think Amanda looks a little soft. Not a lot. Just a little. But it’s something I’ve noticed recently.

• Love 2
On 2/29/2020 at 7:45 PM, Pau84 said:

I also saw Amanda Dilks dancing.

Perhaps I am imagining things but I think I saw Gina Marie Campagna dancing behind Sarah!

I wish she (Gina Marie) could come back like Erin after being (rightfully) cut!

Yeah, there’s a clip of Lexie, Miranda, Daphne, and Amanda dancing for all the hopefuls at that class, on Sarah’s IG Story I think. Should be in someone archive somewhere if it’s disappeared already. 

Gina Marie has been to lots of prep classes and working her butt off; she’s still not my favorite power-wise but I would love to see her audition again. Taking class from Sarah and Jenn is a great way for her to work on the power thing!

• Love 2
18 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I think VK is incredibly fortunate to have a mom interested and involved.   I guess it could get aggravating but VK seems to handle it well.   I would have loved to have 1/100th of that interest by my parents.   They had their own challenges just putting food on the table so I don't blame them.  

I’m sorry but this isn’t something i’d wish on anyone. She is obsessed with making her daughter a dcc and VK ended up having no other goal or skill in her life. A normal parent would realize that she’s not talented enough to become a pro dancer, so at the very least she should be going to college in hopes of having an actual career. It’s 2020, if your only goal in life is to be a cheerleader and then a trophy wife, then something went seriously wrong.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Maven said:

This. I think Amanda looks a little soft. Not a lot. Just a little. But it’s something I’ve noticed recently.

It sounds silly but is she dancing too much? She's been in so many prep classes compared to every other current DCC so maybe she needs to just rest! I highly doubt she'd get cut unless there are some problems BTS.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

It’s 2020, if your only goal in life is to be a cheerleader and then a trophy wife, then something went seriously wrong.

I don't keep up with any of the cheerleaders.  I didn't know these were her life goals.

• Love 1
On 3/1/2020 at 2:43 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Extra attention also brought on by CMT creating a storyline "comparing" the two legacies.  Dayton said she would never audition again unless the show was over and I can see why.

I really liked Dayton...so pretty and has a natural, effortless style to her dancing. She also seems very laid back and sensitive in the very best way. DCC, in its current training camp format is like a hazing- not a good fit for some personalities. She would be a wonderful DCC and well liked by all. I hope she does try out when the show goes off the air. Until then, I hope she pursues other avenues that she would shine in. She and Madeline S. have that ingenue look and talent that do very well in NY and other markets, which is not something I can say about a lot of the current DCC's. Some, yes, but only handful. (none in the current triangle) There is something to be said about a quiet radiance that you can't fake....

• Love 22
7 hours ago, fawn said:

I really liked Dayton...so pretty and has a natural, effortless style to her dancing. She also seems very laid back and sensitive in the very best way. DCC, in its current training camp format is like a hazing- not a good fit for some personalities. She would be a wonderful DCC and well liked by all. I hope she does try out when the show goes off the air. Until then, I hope she pursues other avenues that she would shine in. She and Madeline S. have that ingenue look and talent that do very well in NY and other markets, which is not something I can say about a lot of the current DCC's. Some, yes, but only handful. (none in the current triangle) There is something to be said about a quiet radiance that you can't fake....

This is exactly it. Both Dayton and Madeline are the kind of natural, genuine beauty that DCC needs. Not only are they both fantastic dancers but they certainly seem more approachable and natural than some young ladies who appear to be cosmetically constructed. I'd much rather see them on the team and watch them perform. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, KickBallFall said:

This is exactly it. Both Dayton and Madeline are the kind of natural, genuine beauty that DCC needs. Not only are they both fantastic dancers but they certainly seem more approachable and natural than some young ladies who appear to be cosmetically constructed. I'd much rather see them on the team and watch them perform. 

I absolutely think that they are great dancers, wonderful team members and great ambassadors. Gorgeous too.

However, if Dayton can’t remember the dances and completely falls apart when she has to do the routines without the mirror or without someone in front of her, (with all the time and availability of her mom teaching her the dances) something tells me that the DCC is not entirely her thing. The question is whether she could remember the dances without the cameras.
Also, from the power projection perspective, she was not able to shine. Judy is also very shy but she was able to step up and own it, so if she could do it, being laid back, shy and reserved is unfortunately not a valid reason for Dayton not making the team.

I really liked Dayton and I was very sad to see her go. I wish she could come back and make it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Pau84 said:

I absolutely think that they are great dancers, wonderful team members and great ambassadors. Gorgeous too.

However, if Dayton can’t remember the dances and completely falls apart when she has to do the routines without the mirror or without someone in front of her, (with all the time and availability of her mom teaching her the dances) something tells me that the DCC is not entirely her thing. The question is whether she could remember the dances without the cameras.
Also, from the power projection perspective, she was not able to shine. Judy is also very shy but she was able to step up and own it, so if she could do it, being laid back, shy and reserved is unfortunately not a valid reason for Dayton not making the team.

I really liked Dayton and I was very sad to see her go. I wish she could come back and make it.

While I agree that Dayton isn’t a good fit, I don’t think it’s fair to compare her to Judy. During Judy/Kelli’s time on the team the routines were extremely basic and they didn’t have the jumbotron nor the show. Dayton would for sure have made it back then too.

• Love 10
(edited)
49 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

While I agree that Dayton isn’t a good fit, I don’t think it’s fair to compare her to Judy. During Judy/Kelli’s time on the team the routines were extremely basic and they didn’t have the jumbotron nor the show. Dayton would for sure have made it back then too.

I don't know the young lady other than following her on IG, but my opinion on Dayton is that DCC was not her dream...and maybe never was.  I love following her...she is a beautiful dancer, a beautiful person and seems to be genuine with her personality.  She seems to be happy with her upcoming move to Houston (unless that's changed) and I hope things go well for her! 🙂

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Blue hues said:

Oh and look who’s featured!  Why am I not surprised?

Yeah these need t o come with a Veruca disclaimer I mean seriously I’d be over the team if I were the other girls there are what 37 of them yet she’s featured most times note to tptb just bc you’re constantly shoving Veruca down our throats does not mean we’ll suddenly endorse her in fact it’s making me dislike her all the more... 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, rl27rl said:

Looks like she has been hitting the milkshakes again . . .

Good news is that her teeth/inability to close her mouth/way too obvious mouth breathing is quite distracting, I wouldn’t even check below the teeth level had you not posted it.

in other news, Caroline’s new hair colour is aging her. What is going on?

• Love 8
(edited)
15 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Make that two less particular people.  

I don't like to really make too many negative comments, but Caroline was the only one who really had any pop in that tik tok...and I agree about the hair...it makes her look older than she is....So does Kat's.  Her hair is AWFUL..even if it is a styled wig...it's awful.  She needs to go back to her dark hair days from a few years ago. 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Okay y’all I’m literally obsessed with this video - I want to learn this choreo!! It seems like so much fun and the ladies clearly had a blast working on it. 

That said - it was so unfair to put Lily and Meredith next to Lexie in small groups. Next to no pop or “boss” attitude whereas Lexie was slaying it. I was pleasantly surprised by how well Rachel W adapted to this style; it doesn’t feel like her kind of combo but she killed it. Kristin too. I hope we get more videos out of this class because I’d love to see some of the groups do the whole thing. 

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Okay y’all I’m literally obsessed with this video - I want to learn this choreo!! It seems like so much fun and the ladies clearly had a blast working on it. 

That said - it was so unfair to put Lily and Meredith next to Lexie in small groups. Next to no pop or “boss” attitude whereas Lexie was slaying it. I was pleasantly surprised by how well Rachel W adapted to this style; it doesn’t feel like her kind of combo but she killed it. Kristin too. I hope we get more videos out of this class because I’d love to see some of the groups do the whole thing. 

Maybe they did lily Meredith and Lexi together for a reason to bring more out of them 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 2/29/2020 at 5:46 PM, EricaShadows said:

That IS a cute picture, I will admit, but I seriously doubt that Shelly and Dayton would have been afforded the same moment given how much Kelli seemed to actively dislike Dayton when Dayton was in Training Camp.  EVERY little thing Dayton did wrong was pounced on and she didn't seem to EVER get praise when she did something good, even from the guest choreographers.  I suspect that Kelli didn't want any competition for Victoria in the legacy department, especially from a legacy that could out-dance and out-perform Victoria on every front.  I just wish Dayton and Shelly had gotten the chance TO share that moment because Dayton would have been an AMAZING DCC despite what Kelli thinks.

Can we all agree that Dayton is our forever favorite ❤️

• Love 21
(edited)

Watching Season 7 and it hit me!  This is how they’ll keep featuring VK as a veteran.  They’re gonna do another season like this and feature her a lot 🤷🏽‍♀️😂 Thoughts?

(oops thought I put this is past seasons, sorry!)

Edited by KickPretty
👋🏽
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Jen colvins classes seem like so much fun 

Can I just say that I am surprised that America’s Sweethearts were allowed to dance to a song that had to censor out “bitch” over and over again? Bit of a bold choice...

Also the choreo was really cool and unique—not like what they normally do. I just couldn’t get over those awful faces that Maddie was making.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11