Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E09: Two for the Price of One

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I'm disappointed. I liked Aaron.  But whatever, this whole season is a mess since Kellee's been booted.  

I'm glad that Missy called out the show, "Women are typically the first to be voted out.  Minorities, second."  Good for her.  (And I'm fully aware there are minority women.  Like Karishma and Lauren; the last two minorities standing.)

Missy saying goodbye at the end of the episode:

giphy.gif

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 16
  • Love 6

I get that this episode has been edited for months, but really they couldn't maybe not pick the sexual harasser to get extended strategy confessionals, have the one woman who spoke out against him pledging her loyalty to him, and give him a bunch of screentime in the episode after they graphically depicted the extent of his sexual harassment?

::Richard Gere in Chicago voice:: That's Survivor.

• Love 13

Lauren is really not perceptive of her fellow tribemates and surroundings, is she?  First Elaine wasn’t smart enough to find an idol, then she believed Karishma was sick.  If you told her that casting a vote in the jury was actually voting against that person, she might believe it.  

I was annoyed to see another endurance IC, but that was kind of cool.  Noura and Elaine were the last two people I expected to win. 

After this season (well, I guess next season since it already filmed), do you think they’ll go back to wearing swimsuits vs underwear, after all the backlash from Dan-gate?

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Yeah, what the fuck was that?  And the denial that she was going after Tommy.. silly wabbit.

You played yourself, Missy.. don't let the door hit you. 

I thought it was a funny line myself and not serious at all.

Yeah Missy never saw it coming.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Two down, two to go. Elaine redeemed herself a bit and so did Tommy when they talked about Karishma. Treat people the way you want to be treated...yes!!    Janet, I still want you to win but damn woman!!! stay away from Dan. I'm starting to love Noura, crazy as she is.  Dean, you're not all that! Seriously!

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Janet, I still want you to win but damn woman!!! stay away from Dan. I'm starting to love Noura, crazy as she is. 

I'm hoping she's using him for a meat shield and not buying his BS (crossed fingers).

Noura so reminds me of Abi Marie.  A wrench in everybody's game 🙂

17 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Yeah, what the fuck was that?  And the denial that she was going after Tommy.. silly wabbit.

You played yourself, Missy.. don't let the door hit you. 

I took at as two high level athletes talking about the competition. I didn’t take too much from it.

Boring episode. No Island of the Idols. A boring challenge. Predictable boots. The only thing that wasn’t predictable was Karishma finding an idol. She is a goat who knows she is a goat and thinks that finding an idol makes her less of a goat.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, EllenB said:

I honestly did not realize Aaron was black.  I was thinking maybe Greek or other Mediterranean background, or even Hungarian - some of my Hungarian relatives look like him (in skin tone only - not nearly as good-looking).

So………… am I invited to the family reunion?  Kidding.  Not really kidding. Kidding…………..  

After Aaron's heartfelt apology I was really won over.  But of course, any time I think anyone is remotely positive they get voted out of the show.  

• Love 3

Interesting "twist", talk about curveballs! Not really interesting in how it played out though as each 'side' took out the biggest threat not the easy vote... overall it was mostly tribal which makes for an odd layout/episode. Eh. At least they are trying to switch things up and keep people on their toes. This season is still dragging though, and poorly cast (imo).

ETA: And also, Jamal had the face and demeanor of a classic bitter jury member on that bench!

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, EllenB said:

I honestly did not realize Aaron was black.  I was thinking maybe Greek or other Mediterranean background, or even Hungarian - some of my Hungarian relatives look like him (in skin tone only - not nearly as good-looking).

Me too. When Missy mentioned two African Americans with immunity last week I was confused, thinking she couldn’t mean Jamal. 

• Love 17

No recap from last week. I'm a bit surprised, because I feel the episodes pushed Survivor into the mainstream once again, and Probst and Co. would feel there's no such thing as bad attention.

I get how Karishma can bug, and that it doesn't have to be an "either/or" thing with her and Noura . . . but I want Noura out. Blindsided, expected, whatever. She bugs. And I'd add hyperbole, but last week ruined that for me. And I'm happy Karishma snagged an idol. If it comes down to her, Elaine and Janet on Day 39, would that be the worst thing? I mean, IOTI is basically prelude to the fortieth season.

When nobody goes to the IOTI, what do Rob and Sandra do? Do they have to live like the contestants?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 3

Aaron...if you wanted to lay low and not be a threat, don’t win the first 2 individual immunity.

Im glad Karishma played with her heart and her head.  She didn’t get along with Missy and clearly Missy was only using Karishma. There’s no reason to think Missy would Jeep her linger than Tommy.  If she’s a goat, at least it can be with nicer people.

Gee so sorry Elizabeth that you lost 2 allies.  Go cry to Dan.

i thought Janet would go idol hunting at old Lairo.  Maybe she did but didn’t find anything.  Lol that Karishma found an idol.  

Rob reads tribal very well.

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

So………… am I invited to the family reunion?  Kidding.  Not really kidding. Kidding…………..  

After Aaron's heartfelt apology I was really won over.  But of course, any time I think anyone is remotely positive they get voted out of the show.  

Sure, you can come!  Hope you like cabbage!

How about publicly proclaiming your support of Dan just to put your curse on him?  I've never had a single person I supported on a reality show win, but maybe it's time to start thinking of negative endorsement to get people voted off.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

No recap from last week. I'm a bit surprised, because I feel the episodes pushed Survivor into the mainstream once again, and Probst and Co. would feel there's no stuff thing as bad attention.

It appears they are going "duck and cover" followed up with a healthy dose of "Nothing to see here, let's move on...."

• LOL 1
  • Love 9