Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E09: Two for the Price of One

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, mythoughtis said:

I am not a fan of Karishma because she  doesn’t pull her weight around camp . . .

Between the drama of Tribal Council, the storm, and a rat running on her face, I'd give her wiggle room. I'll cop to rooting for her, but I feel I got a point.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Whatever happened to "The person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately?

Why was Missy allowed to linger, interrogate the people still in the game, tell Elizabeth to target Elaine, etc?  

That is one of those rules that has never been enforced. We see people all the time when get voted out give hugs to their allies. Nothing really new here.  Except maybe telling your ally they should kill a fellow contestant slowly and methodically. lol

EDIT: they have done recaps all season so really nothing different tonight

Edited by LanceM
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I like Aaron but he was an obvious pick, big threat for an extended immunity run.  Missy was last week's villain, for coming up with the faux scandal and recruiting Elizabeth into it, but I personally wanted Janet gone first. I know some people were disappointed that Dan didn't go on a witch hunt to clear the air - and his name - but that wouldn't have helped his game.  Accepting (or pretending to accept) Janet's apology and moving on was probably the smart move.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, LanceM said:

That is one of those rules that has never been enforced. We see people all the time when get voted out give hugs to their allies. Nothing really new here.  Except maybe telling your ally they should kill a fellow contestant slowly and methodically. lol

EDIT: they have done recaps all season so really nothing different tonight

I have never seen anyone linger that long and have substantive conversations with other players.  Maybe a comment and a quick hug or 2 on the way out, but that's it.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Goddamn.  An Asian-American followed by three African-Americans back to back to back.  Jesus Christ.

What was that about inclusion and representation now?
Also, Missy is not a bully.  Shut it, Karishma.

Aaron is black?

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I have never seen anyone linger that long and have substantive conversations with other players.  Maybe a comment and a quick hug or 2 on the way out, but that's it.

yeah she might have lingered longer the usual but still though they have never enforced that rule (not that really care about rules anyway). 

I appreciate Elizabeth giving my first eyes-bugging-out-of-the-head moment at TC tonight.  I loved the look on Missy’s face, too, when she saw Aaron seeing there.  

I liked Jeff kind of calling Missy out when she said the jury wasn’t supposed to be looking like that.  Not sure Kellee appreciated the comment, either.  

Unlike last week, I’ve watched this TC numerous times.  Gets better each time!

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Two very satisfying boots tonight.  Aaron was absolutely the right call, maybe he shouldn’t have pointed out that he won the immunity challenges the previous times.  So funny that he was crowing about two for the price of one and he ends up being one of the two.  

Missy can suck it.   She was way too bossy and aggressive.  She actively hatched a plan to get out Tommy, she and her BFF vote for Tommy, and then she is shocked that the tables were turned on her.  She did exit with class though, I’ll give her that.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

No recap from last week. I'm a bit surprised, because I feel the episodes pushed Survivor into the mainstream once again, and Probst and Co. would feel there's no stuff thing as bad attention.

I don’t think they have done any recaps at all this season. They just start the show now, no title sequence or recap. 

I wanted Missy out because of last week and then when she started on all the race bullshit that just capped it off. So glad she is gone! Too bad Karishma now seems very likely to goat herself into the finale. Everything about her is just so sad sack pathetic.

• Love 23
6 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Two very satisfying boots tonight.  Aaron was absolutely the right call, maybe he shouldn’t have pointed out that he won the immunity challenges the previous times.  So funny that he was crowing about two for the price of one and he ends up being one of the two.  

Missy can suck it.   She was way too bossy and aggressive.  She actively hatched a plan to get out Tommy, she and her BFF vote for Tommy, and then she is shocked that the tables were turned on her.  She did exit with class though, I’ll give her that.

And his alliance mate was two of two.  I would have been fine with Elizabeth going, too, but Missy probably would have been even more unbearable next week if she had been blindsided. 

I don't know if telling Elizabeth to kill Elaine is exiting with class, but she did at least smile and say good bye to everyone.  Unlike Aaron, who was on the jury stewing in his own juices.  It does make me wonder if Elaine inadvertently put a target on her back tonight.  No one's been paying much attention to her, and her playing up being a naive gullible country girl has been working.  If people find out she turned on Missy, they may consider her more of a threat.  But I'm glad she recognized she was on the bottom of the alliance she was in, and decided to make a move.  I am curious how Tommy/Lauren got in so tight with Missy/Aaron/Elaine/Elizabeth in the first place, but clearly Missy/Aaron/Elizabeth were their own trio.  Everyone else was a number. 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I don't know if telling Elizabeth to kill Elaine is exiting with class, but she did at least smile and say good bye to everyone.  Unlike Aaron, who was on the jury stewing in his own juices.  It does make me wonder if Elaine inadvertently put a target on her back tonight.  No one's been paying much attention to her, and her playing up being a naive gullible country girl has been working.  If people find out she turned on Missy, they may consider her more of a threat.  But I'm glad she recognized she was on the bottom of the alliance she was in, and decided to make a move.  I am curious how Tommy/Lauren got in so tight with Missy/Aaron/Elaine/Elizabeth in the first place, but clearly Missy/Aaron/Elizabeth were their own trio.  Everyone else was a number. 

Didn't Elaine out herself when she said goodbye to Missy?  I thought that was her way of trying to say "Hey we're friends but it's a game" and keep herself on Missy's good side for a jury vote.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, princelina said:

She went from understanding she was a goat to believing she was the second coming of Rob and Sandra combined based on the fact that she found that idol (that she had to be sent out to find!) 😄 

I know that Aaron and Missy deserved to be voted out, and Dan absolutely shouldn't still be out there, but I simply cannot stand Karishma's whiny, complaining, do-nothing ass. If I'm siding with Noura, there's something wrong with you. And her entitled attitude once she magically found the idol (because of course she did) was nauseating.

I guess I'm rooting for Janet or Elaine to win it all. I really don't want anyone to win though. Can't we just vote out everyone? Most unlikeable group ever.

• Love 24
3 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

I took at as two high level athletes talking about the competition. I didn’t take too much from it.

Boring episode. No Island of the Idols. A boring challenge. Predictable boots. The only thing that wasn’t predictable was Karishma finding an idol. She is a goat who knows she is a goat and thinks that finding an idol makes her less of a goat.

Has there ever been someone who has actively admitted that they were a GOAT before?  She admitted it and I had to laugh because I never saw someone just admit it like that.

3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Me too. When Missy mentioned two African Americans with immunity last week I was confused, thinking she couldn’t mean Jamal. 

I thought Aaron might have been of Italian ancestry, but either he or someone else said he was black a few weeks ago. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Soooo glad that Aaron & Missy are the ones gone, it's a shame they couldn't take Dan & Elizabeth with them. 

3 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Whatever happened to "The person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately?

Why was Missy allowed to linger, interrogate the people still in the game, tell Elizabeth to target Elaine, etc?  

Good questions, I would like to know the answer also. Missy just kept thinking she could run the game.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, TaraS1 said:

Oh and the irony of Missy calling Jeff out for not addressing something at the last tribal. Yeah, there were plenty of things he should have mentioned last time, Missy - namely the bullshit you and Elizabeth were running on Janet. 

Since Missy wanted recognition that 2 minorities won immunity last week, is it ok to point out that the same 2 minorities both got blindsided this week?  I mean just for balance to show representation that minorities can be on the top and bottom.

• LOL 12
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, lilabennet said:

I don't blame Janet for trying to make up with Dan.  She was so thoroughly gaslighted by Missy and Elizabeth that she probably isn't sure at this point what the truth is about Dan's behavior.

I don't think Missy is a bully.  She is pushy and bossy, but not a bully.  She just wields her intelligence and self-confidence like weapons and weaker minds can't handle that.  Karishma probably thinks people are yelling at her all the time when they really aren't.

Missy was rather gratuitously mean to Karishma at an early TC, when she basically told her not to be comfortable because she could be next.  It was bad for her own game, but she put the chance to belittle someone "weaker" than her ahead of good game play.

Her gaslighting of Janet over the Dan situation was also a form of bullying.

I'd say she is more of a narcissist than a bully.   On a recent episode of 90 Day Fiance, a foreign fiancee told his self-centered, controlling, American bride to be that it was like it was her story and he was just a character in it.  

I think that sums up Missy pretty well.  She is the center of the universe and other people only exist as characters in her story.  People are things for Missy to use for her purposes.

She was shocked and offended that Karishma had the audacity to not follow her orders blindly.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 23

What happened to the rule about leaving tribal immediately?  Now it seems to be you can say your goodbyes to everyone.

edit: I see Bryce Lynch brought this up six hours ago when I was asleep.  A point worth reinforcing though.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 10

It’s so great that Karishma found that idol! Because now she can finally start to play! I have no idea why anyone else has bothered to build alliances or make moves without an idol in their bra.  Clearly, they lack her strategic smarts. (And patience.)

I just noticed tonight that Karishma is a personal injury lawyer. This is amusing to me, since I see commercials for personal injury lawyers all the time. They’re always very loud and aggressive, promising to hammer the driver that hurt you, or sic their bengal tiger on some nasty insurance company.  I picture Karishma siccing her pet hamster, right before she runs away to look for a magical pencil to help her write a winning brief.

I was surprised and disheartened that nobody even brought up the possibility of booting Dan, given that he was the root of all the strife last week. Seems like that would have been discussed, at least. Ah, well. At least Janet was spared.

And poor Elizabeth lost “one of” her Number Ones. Then another one. Now all she has left Is a bunch of stupid Twos and Threes.

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Between the drama of Tribal Council, the storm, and a rat running on her face, I'd give her wiggle room. I'll cop to rooting for her, but I feel I got a point.

Yeah, I'm rooting for Karishma hard now. Hard! When she didn't play her idol, I was so excited I shouted, "Oh, good girl!" at the TV and waved my arms around like a lunatic. I also really enjoyed her saying they all thought she was a goat but she was an unpredictable goat, and goats are supposed to be predictable, and her feeling sick act by the well.

That means Janet, Elaine, or Karishma now have to win this thing...

Very excited Aaron is finally gone. He got on my goat (heh) in ep one.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

So - Boi got booted, and Missy swung and missed.  I can live with that.

5 hours ago, Hanahope said:

Aaron...if you wanted to lay low and not be a threat, don’t win the first 2 individual immunity.

Swear to god - when BoI’s very first words at TC are how this is the very first TC at which he’s NOT wearing the immunity necklace, I looked at my old lady and said, “I’ll take ‘How To Paint A Huge Target On My Own Stupid Ass’ for $400, Alex.”

5 hours ago, Hanahope said:

Rob reads tribal very well.

Better than Sandra - in this case, anyway.

5 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Because Missy is “special”, and the rules don’t apply to her.  News flash though, Missy; at the moment the only thing your ally Elizabeth might have it in her power to kill is a pint of Grey Goose, and the only thing dying is your game.  FOAD Missy, and good riddance.

• LOL 6
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

b) Missy helped orchestrate the voting out of not one, but 2, people of color (including a female) on that very episode.  

Good point.

Have you ever seen anyone do a 180 as fast as Karishma?  Going from Eeyore to Queen of Survivor (sorry, Sandra) in an instant when she found the idol?  I have no doubt she will make it to the end as the goatiest of the goats.

After a fairly pleasant start weeks ago this has turned out to be a horrible cast and will be remembered only because of Dan's inappropriate touching and the women using that as a game strategy.  Despicable.

• Love 10

I have predicted for a long time that Tommy is getting the winner's edit. Now I start to see that Lauren and Karishma will be in the final three with him. No Sandra, a woman won't win this season.

12 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Good point.

Have you ever seen anyone do a 180 as fast as Karishma?  Going from Eeyore to Queen of Survivor (sorry, Sandra) in an instant when she found the idol?  I have no doubt she will make it to the end as the goatiest of the goats.

After a fairly pleasant start weeks ago this has turned out to be a horrible cast and will be remembered only because of Dan's inappropriate touching and the women using that as a game strategy.  Despicable.

Good description. It was like having the idol made Karishma think she could play the game. And yet, if Karishma had been playing the game the entire time she might not have felt that she needed the idol to be empowered.

• Love 10

Sometimes it's too bad the players have to self-censor themselves to keep their game play intact.  When Elizabeth gave her speech that was less about herself and more about supporting Missy and how wonderful Missy is and how great her game play is I kept thinking if I were Karishma my first response would be to tell her that everything she's saying and everything she thinks about her alliance/buddies is only because she has her head so far up Missy's ass they're practically one player with Missy as the brains and Elizabeth as the blind foot soldier.   Of course even if Karishma was thinking that it's one of those things you just can't say without looking bad to the jury and the rest of the tribe - Sandra seemed to be giving the benefit of the doubt but Rob called it and I think they both know for sure now; Karishma is well and fully the goat.

Missy's mistake was actually common; getting to sure of her alliance, her game play and herself so she lost any diplomacy she had even if it was fake and went full on I'm running this game I will tell (not ask) you what to do and when to do it.  Not that I'm sorry to see her go but if she had pulled back and played nice even if faking it and kept up that persona and, most important, used the fake nice to get info on what other non-allied people were doing she probably had the smarts to go further.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, blackwing said:

Oh and to whoever said in last week‘s episode thread that Dan looks like Harvey Weinstein... I curse you.  Because that’s all I see now.  Ugh.

Sorry but I calls 'em like I sees 'em!!

4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:
4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

And poor Elizabeth lost “one of” her Number Ones. Then another one. Now all she has left Is a bunch of stupid Twos and Threes.

OMG...dying here!!! Now nobody will want to work with her (fingers crossed)

• LOL 4
  • Love 2