Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/28/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

Monday, Oct. 28 – Day of Hot Topics

Tuesday, Oct. 29 – Kristene Chapa and Grace Chapa (“Truth About Murder with Sunny Hostin”)

Wednesday, Oct. 30 – The Political View with 2020 Presidential candidate Sen. Cory Booker; Mary Wilson (author, “Supreme Glamour”)

Thursday, Oct. 31 – “The Viewing” Halloween Special; Jordin Sparks (Broadway’s “Waitress”); Dr. Oz (“The Dr. Oz Show”); a performance from the cast of Broadway’s “Beetlejuice”

Friday, Nov. 1 – Miranda Lambert (album, “Wildcard”)

Edited by TheView
  • Love 3

Abby is looking like a fool because Meghan is really agreeing with everybody else not named Abby.  It's funny to watch her facial expressions when Meghan starts to agree with her, then pivots.  Lol. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 7
Just now, JayD83 said:

Abby is looking like a fool because Meghan is really agreeing with everybody else not named Abby.  It's funny to watch her facial expressions when Meghan starts to agree with her, then pivots.  Lol. 

She looked shocked that Meg wasn’t agreeing with her. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

I’m glad Sunny and Joy didn’t go along to get along during the opening segment, because it seemed like them versus the other three. I LOLed when Abby shamed the baseball crowd for “going low.” Abby “goes low” on this show every day, and she and her BFF are the first to politicize any and all topics. Nobody’s going to be shamed into agreeing with somebody like her who's already proved they don't have any shame.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, itstheworm said:

Abby is fishing for the kind of attention Meghan gets in the press. Even if it's negative, I think Abby wants some of that. She's ready to kick it up a notch and get her name out there a little more. 

It must be all those bullying phone calls from Kellyanne. 😄

• LOL 16
  • Love 3

Abby - Sunny's right -Trump did thank Russia first.  On tv.  Sunny didn't have to be in the situation room when information was coming in.  Plus, Trump spent 45 minutes telling us detail by detail what happened (and probably made some of it up) - 

And the reason that more people aren't celebrating - 

I think there might be a growing rift between Meghan and Abby (after pretty much saying last Friday that she was weak).   (But who thanks "the flag" (except Meghan, of course))

Saying that 41,000+ lobbyists and people in D.C. who could afford to go to the 5th game of the World Series were there - so what?  Meghan is trying to make it sound like but for the fact that the game was in D.C., Trump wouldn't have been booed, and that those who booed don't count.

Meghan thinks Katie Hill should have resigned weeks ago?  The story just broke a few days ago!

btw - I already have a Gleener fabric shaver offered on View Your Deal, and highly recommend it.  I've only needed to use it once - it saved a new pair of heavier knit pants that I forgot were "wash separately".   They ended up covered in pills, and this took them off.  It comes with 3 different edges for different gauges of fabric, and that did make a difference - only one worked with the material I was shaving. 

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11

Abby reminds me of the line from Avengers: Age of Ultron about how useless it is to confuse peace with quiet.  In Abby's mind, being "nice" or "respectful" means never making anyone feel bad about anything they've done, even if its justified.  This is why Abby believes she's being a badass by tepidly disagreeing with the Trump Administration about our withdrawal from Syria.   Abby has every right to think the Nationals fans are jerks, but they also have every right, as Meghan said, to peacefully protest the President.  People like Abby always use Niceness to suppress the voices of people who call out the powerful.  Consider Abby's continued whining about Reporters Who Make Themselves Part of the Story or People Who Make Such A Big Deal of Things: you don't have to be a Nice Person to be right.

• Love 24

I agree that there may be some competition between the daughters for attention from the media.  Abby is becoming much more vocal and assertive and that's not going to go over well with the chosen conservative at the table.  It will be interesting to watch the dynamic between the two of them if Abby doesn't fall back in line as the emotional support pet to the chosen one.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, JayD83 said:

Oh wow.  So, now according to Me-again, the ONLY people at Game 5 of the World Series were the "swamp of the swamp" and lobbyists? Hmm.  That's news to me. 

Whoopi's "bitch, please" reaction to that was the first time I've liked something she's said in weeks.

• LOL 6
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I don't know if Abby was ever "likeable" but she was basically harmless.  Now it seems she is trying too hard to be heard and she is just sounding more and more stupid.

Yes. The first season Abby seemed to not want to offend anyone.  She made it a point to always say she wasn't a lock step Republican. But this season she is defending and agreeing with things even Meghan is speaking out against. And going to back to what she said last week about the White House calling her.  I don't believe anyone is calling her. But I do think she is calling them looking to do another interview with someone. As mentioned by previous posters she gets very little attention by the media. I think she wants to broaden her horizons beyond the View. Although where she would go is anyone's guess. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Saying that 41,000+ lobbyists and people in D.C. who could afford to go to the 5th game of the World Series were there - so what?  Meghan is trying to make it sound like but for the fact that the game was in D.C., Trump wouldn't have been booed, and that those who booed don't count.

There is a reason the President only appears in public in very curated audiences .   I'm pretty sure he'd would have been booed had he gone to a game in Houston as well.  

I also thought it interesting that she tried to dismiss the baseball fans like that.   Lobbyists come in all political persuasions.   And as much as MM likes to lecture us to listen to the minority of voters that are hard core Trumpers, her being dismissive of what she is insinuating are outside of the mainstream liberals, make 0 sense.  

• Love 22

Gee it would have been nice to explain to Sunny ( and the public) that yes you do now have to pay for Disney movies and National geographic Wild channels on top of your cable provider because Disney is greedy.   My son was trying to explain what he was going to do in order to get them the cheapest way ( by dropping something else) but since I don’t miss Disney only NG , my mind wandered.

I understood that neither amazon or Netflix were going to be able to have new Disney movies after this went into effect.  Those thing$ don’t really affect the panel but it does an average family. 

Hope this isn’t OT but if they continue to have commercials for it might tell how much it costs. 

I loved Joy saying “put a nickel in it” and MM was bewildered so she clarified

“like a juke box”. 

My cable provider dropped the channel that Sunny’s show is on and I’m not willing to pay, I’d like to see it though. 

Megan was struggling with that blazer trying to get it closed. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I liked what Abby had to say, I'm so tired of this show and twitchy J putting Trump down for every little thing, give some credit to him and special ops..that's why people are turnoff this show imnsho.

But... How can that be? The ratings are up! ;P

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, bannana said:

I almost forgot, the View mugs are back, they were back already last week.  But today Whoopi was using a completely different mug. 

Maybe Whoopi doesn't have the clout we thought she did.  I think the mug is insulting.  Whoopi must feel it's insulting/degrading.  She's the doorman, helping Abby out of a cab?  Maybe they're told to use them until they can make a correction.  It's possible they were asked for their input and Whoopi didn't give a shit.

1 hour ago, bannana said:

I am surprised Joy's joke at the beginning didn't get more coverage.  Whoopi asked whether they could agree that the world is a better place without this guy in it, and Joy replied, which one, Trump?

I'm a big Joy fan and there are things I overlook.  I think this was rude, over-the-top...and not funny.  Not funny is the biggest sin.

• Love 4

"That is a cheap attack line, Sunny," Huntsman then shot at her cohost. "I think it's the truth," Sunny responded, "That's what happened in real time, it's not an attack line."

"Were you in the situation room?" Abby asked. "Was he in the situation room?" Sunny responded.

Your first line, Abby, RUDE!  Your second line, Abby, probably wrong.

Your third line, Abby, RUDE!   I hope your snotty comments to a coworker are covered on all the little TV tabloid shows.   Powers that BE (the generals) didn't know there was any audio coverage and so our President probably did not hear anyone "crying and whimpering."  

Now we see that you do/did have what it takes to get along in a large vociferous family.  Your true colors are bleeding out.  Sweet, sincere, quiet Abby?  No!  RUDE!

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

Gee it would have been nice to explain to Sunny ( and the public) that yes you do now have to pay for Disney movies and National geographic Wild channels on top of your cable provider because Disney is greedy.   My son was trying to explain what he was going to do in order to get them the cheapest way ( by dropping something else) but since I don’t miss Disney only NG , my mind wandered.

I understood that neither amazon or Netflix were going to be able to have new Disney movies after this went into effect.  Those thing$ don’t really affect the panel but it does an average family. 

Yes, Whoopi talked about something being available, and when Sunny asked about the particulars, it was, I don't know! figure it out!   NO, if you want people to watch something, if you're basically doing a commercial for a show, give some information about the availability.  A lot of families are going to be deciding to go with Disney OR Netflix OR Amazon, not all three.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Maybe Whoopi doesn't have the clout we thought she did.  I think the mug is insulting.  Whoopi must feel it's insulting/degrading.  She's the doorman, helping Abby out of a cab?  Maybe they're told to use them until they can make a correction.  It's possible they were asked for their input and Whoopi didn't give a shit.

I'm pretty sure Whoopi is refusing, REFUSING, i say, to use the mug. I noticed the mugs make their reappearance last week, but Whoopi hasn't used hers at all. She's only used the one that has a tall little girl on it. Protest, much?

5 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I'm a big Joy fan and there are things I overlook.  I think this was rude, over-the-top...and not funny.  Not funny is the biggest sin.

Yeah, that was cheap and predictable. Sometimes I get second-hand embarrassment from hearing her jokes.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Abby had a sour look on her face most of the show. She does not like her co hosts pushing back.  

Abby should stop talking when others are already talking and learn how to participate in a conversation.  And her white eyelids looked stupid.

I don't blame Whoopi for not using the mug with her playing the subservient doorman.  I cannot believe that neither the artist nor the approvers thought twice about it.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12

During View Your Deal, right after Sunny hung the glasses from her neck, I very clearly heard Whoopi, off-camera, say the word "bitch." Did anyone else hear that? Im not saying she was referring to Sunny, but maybe she had a hot mic while backstage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Yes. The first season Abby seemed to not want to offend anyone.  She made it a point to always say she wasn't a lock step Republican. But this season she is defending and agreeing with things even Meghan is speaking out against. And going to back to what she said last week about the White House calling her.  I don't believe anyone is calling her. But I do think she is calling them looking to do another interview with someone. As mentioned by previous posters she gets very little attention by the media. I think she wants to broaden her horizons beyond the View. Although where she would go is anyone's guess. 

I think she's afraid of getting fired at the end of the season. Based on this new attempt at assertiveness, I'm convinced that she's read what's being said about her online and she's trying and failing miserably at proving us wrong. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10