Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/28/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

19 hours ago, Dahlia said:

“Make sparks”  ....this is all they want and she delivers. The endless threads about her is exactly why she will never be muzzled nor put out of her misery.  The only way we can be put out of ours is to detox - cold turkey ... If she were ignored, not discussed; shut off, not viewed; deleted, not quoted there might be a change. 

So no stepping in will happen. This is the bottom of the barrel television we have learned to participate in, engage with and accept as O.k. 

I wish I could disagree with you, but I can't. She's the villain everybody loves to hate, and she brings publicity, negative or not, via social media, blogs etc. Until her presence brings a drop in ratings (and that's a big if) TPTB won't do a damn thing. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, maggiemae said:

How odd MM can go to the NYT and GMA but not even manage to put together a show on The View about miscarriage. Or mention it. 

Maybe the show doesn't want her to mention it. I bet it's because Joy had an ectopic miscarriage, and Meghan would have to share the spotlight with her.  Meghan has to be the only one who had a miscarriage. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, lusinia said:

Everyone went all out (staff included) for the opening taped piece except for Meghan, who just kind of said her lines, and didn't try to seem scary at all.  She's no Jack Nicholson, but we know she can be dramatic. 

🤣

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I still want to know what brother McCain would DO if someone came to his house to legally take his gun.  Meghan needs to finish that thought.  I just sent her a tweet.  I am sure I will be blocked but she can't dangle this out there without an answer about what her above reproach brother would do.  

In the first episode of this season Megun told us what would happen. I needed a little break from The View after that.  

...there is going to be a lot of violence... I'm not living without my guns, it's that simple.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:
  • I care.
  • The studio audience seems to care.
  • The majority of postings here also lean that way.

1. It was a play on Joy's "so what, who cares"...but that said, I'm sure there are many who don't.

2. The studio audience is filled with those that agree with the majority of the panel.

3. The majority of postings here are the vocal majority, obviously. I'm willing to bet there are lurkers here who are apprehensive about posting because they don't want to be in the minority.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

And she won't acknowledge the current topic, keeps trying to steer the discussion to "the other side was just as bad." And she plays the "other side" game while talking about not liking "partisan politics."

Classic Meghan was when she talked about nepotism without acknowledging that if her last name wasn't McCain she wouldn't be on The View in the first place!

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
17 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

And she plays the "other side" game while talking about not liking "partisan politics."

She has consistently said things that are ridiculously partisan  That she only does "red state" things. That she can't be close with anyone who doesn't share her political beliefs. Her life is defined by her party affiliation.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, bannana said:

200.gif

What the what?  Please tell me Stephen King or his people did not endorse this.  I guess they must have.  Sigh.  

I was hoping he'd do a surprise walk on.  double sigh.

• Love 3

GMA did a segment Thursday morning about the danger of wearing costume contact lenses that are NOT prescribed by a professional.  Apparently the cornea can be scratched and dangerously infected, and in some cases lead to blindness.  I hope Sunny's clown contacts were professionally fitted.

Also, I felt bad for Abby, who had to sit for the entire hour covered with that "blood" goop. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Maybe the show doesn't want her to mention it. I bet it's because Joy had an ectopic miscarriage, and Meghan would have to share the spotlight with her.  Meghan has to be the only one who had a miscarriage. 

Plus she said it happened 'last year', not the last few months.  I'd like a clarification, not that it really matters.  Trauma is trauma. But i would like to know.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Bridget said:

I’m still wrapping my head around the fact that Joy and MM sat next to each other today, in addition to being partners for their Halloween costume.

🤯

Right!  I wonder if she was scared.  I did notice her body language she kept leaning away hehe.  Hope she had pepper spray in her pocket!  Im surprised MM didnt have fake guns as part of her costume lol

• LOL 4

Hold up. Hold up. Dumb Dumb (Don) Jr. and his girlfriend are gonna be on the show next week? Wow. Why ABC? WHY?!?!??! That man, his girlfriend and their twitter feeds are VILE. I definitely will not be watching that. It's probably gonna be comparable to when Jeanine Pirro was on the show - a complete and utter disaster. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 24

Note to self:  find something to do on 11/7 because I won’t be watching Jr. 

Joy, Trump isn’t moving from NYC.  He’s just changing his legal residence to FL. I’m sure he’s keeping his apartment in NYC. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, bannana said:

What the what?  Please tell me Stephen King or his people did not endorse this.  I guess they must have.  Sigh.  

I have a theory about this Stephen King Halloween show.  I think Whoopi pushed for it big time because of her current connection to King, i.e., doing the movie.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 6:56 PM, Axie said:

Rethinking the Joy/Abby is an aunt again thing, I’m the aunt of 5.  When each was born, I told people and may have shown a picture.  People did the appropriate oohing and awwing, and life went on.  How much do people really care about stuff like that other than those involved?  I’m not sure what Joy was supposed to do.

I love children, but I feel no need to celebrate that the Huntsman family just had their one thousandth child.  I'd be more celebratory if one of them went a year without a pregnancy.  It's like they're the Duggars.

• LOL 3
  • Love 18

I won't be watching next Thursday.  I am seriously thinking of only recording Friday episodes.  I've gotten to the point that I can't stand to watch Meghan and don't watch like I used to. Friday's has Ana and apparently no Meghan. 

Why are they having Don Jr and that girlfriend on. Ugh. I hope most don't watch that day.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I won't be watching next Thursday.  I am seriously thinking of only recording Friday episodes.  I've gotten to the point that I can't stand to watch Meghan and don't watch like I used to. Friday's has Ana and apparently no Meghan. 

Why are they having Don Jr and that girlfriend on. Ugh. I hope most don't watch that day.

Same here. They just want more ratings and to be the trending topic on twitter. Have they not seen what he's said about their network? Ugh. I'll just read the comments here next Thursday.

• Love 7
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:19 PM, maggiemae said:

LOL Jeannie Moos does those hilarious short segments on CNN....tonight it was the dot, dot, dot thing and they showed Sunny. And then MM, Meghan looked the fool.

Oh my God, I used to roll at her humor.  Way back when, she did a segment where they drove on the highway and flashed signs at people.  One of my favorites, when a woman was driving and doing makeup at the same time, they would fly by and flash something like, "Don't bother, you're still ugly".  It sounds so cruel, but don't do your makeup while driving on the highway!  I've tried to find that segment on youtube but have not been successful.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Same here. They just want more ratings and to be the trending topic on twitter. Have they not seen what he's said about their network? Ugh. I'll just read the comments here next Thursday.

I just watched the ad about what's coming up next week on. The View Ridiculously  they make it sound like DJ is in politics,  he's not. I'm seriously pissed he's going to be on 😁

Abby and her "if the Democrats want to be taken seriously ?" Really Abby really?

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

I can only imagine Meghan's contract negotiations, "I need 52 Fridays off because Ana is a big meanie, I need the day after any possible gun control legislation is discussed because Joy is a big meanie, I need the day off  after a guest fails to mention my sainted father because I will need to take to my bed".....  

• LOL 19
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

3. The majority of postings here are the vocal majority, obviously. I'm willing to bet there are lurkers here who are apprehensive about posting because they don't want to be in the minority.

We've always had people here with varying opinions & that's okay.  At least opinions can be stated without any backlash, so that's a good thing!!!

• Love 11
Just now, Vanderboom said:

Can someone please tell Meghan that a tattoo isn't a personality trait?

And it's not exactly edgy anymore!  If it ever really was.  I have a niece who is a nurse and she says nothing put her off getting a tattoo more than seeing how they look on the skin of the very elderly women she cares for.  So sorry Meghan you're not special.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Do we even know if Meghan has any tattoos?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think she has more than 3? You'd think she was tattooed from head to toe the way she said that. She is ridiculous.

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Whoohoo!  Ana is here and Meghan is off!  Can we hope this is a regular thing every Friday?  

Has it devolved to the point they cannot be on set together?  No better reason that than to bring Ana on full time!  Tired of the panelists who are there simply because their parent is/was a politician.  

46 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Note to self:  find something to do on 11/7 because I won’t be watching Jr. 

Joy, Trump isn’t moving from NYC.  He’s just changing his legal residence to FL. I’m sure he’s keeping his apartment in NYC. 

I read it was because primary residences cannot be taken in forfeiture in Florida.  No idea if that is true but I saw it bandied about on twitter last night.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, GladysCravits said:

MeGUN compared herself  to Miranda Lambert, saying she could relate to Miranda taking no crap.  I wonder if Miranda runs off stage pouting and crying when she thinks people are being mean.  

I didn't watch the Miranda Lambert segment, so Meghan was there for that? Not suprising.  

Drinking and tattoos are edgy to Meghan 😂? She really is a 13 years old. Who talks like that about themselves 😁?She's in show business that "industry" is full of drunks who have tattoos, she is embarrassing. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
14 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Meghan: "There's not that many women in this industry who drink and get tattoos like I do!"

Does she not get tired of reminding us that she loves to drink?

giphy.gif

Maybe she needs to see someone about that.  

7 minutes ago, GladysCravits said:

MeGUN compared herself  to Miranda Lambert, saying she could relate to Miranda taking no crap.  I wonder if Miranda runs off stage pouting and crying when she thinks people are being mean.  

Based on some stories about Miranda's life it really isn't a compliment Princess of Cacti.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, Homily said:

And it's not exactly edgy anymore!  If it ever really was.  I have a niece who is a nurse and she says nothing put her off getting a tattoo more than seeing how they look on the skin of the very elderly women she cares for.  So sorry Meghan you're not special.

I have two tats and when I got them (over 25 years ago) I purposefully chose places that will  hold up over time. The outside of my ankle and the corner of my upper back. You don't ever want to get them where they can stretch.

18 minutes ago, GladysCravits said:

MeGUN compared herself  to Miranda Lambert, saying she could relate to Miranda taking no crap.

Can't stand Meghan. Can't stand Miranda.  I think I mentioned this before. When she was married to Blake she bought him a tree stand to shoot deer as a present. 

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Has it devolved to the point they cannot be on set together?  No better reason that than to bring Ana on full time!  Tired of the panelists who are there simply because their parent is/was a politician.  

I read it was because primary residences cannot be taken in forfeiture in Florida.  No idea if that is true but I saw it bandied about on twitter last night.

And that’s why OJ moved there. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, Homily said:

According to this article, 46% of Americans have at least one tatoo, so I don't know why Meghan thinks it's so special and different.

https://www.newsweek.com/which-country-most-people-tattoos-943104

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

Whoohoo!  Ana is here and Meghan is off!  Can we hope this is a regular thing every Friday?  

That makes 3 weeks in a row with no MM and Ana together.  This is definitely something being done on purpose  : ).   However, since we know ABC loves the drama and the ratings they bring, I makes me think the separation is being pushed by Ana or more likely MM rather that production.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I think Meghan simply had a hissy fit after Ana said, "Don't yell--I'm right here," and she never got over it.  Probably gave the producers and ultimatum that if they want Ana on Fridays they have to let her have that day off because I-simply-will-not-work-with-that-woman. 😆

Works for me!

• Love 20
51 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I have two tats and when I got them (over 25 years ago) I purposefully chose places that will  hold up over time. The outside of my ankle and the corner of my upper back. You don't ever want to get them where they can stretch.

Can't stand Meghan. Can't stand Miranda.  I think I mentioned this before. When she was married to Blake she bought him a tree stand to shoot deer as a present. 

I saw a little special about the Pistol Annies a while back.  Part of the show consisted of them going huntin'.  They were decked out in camo with huge weapons, and proceeded to shoot.  The blonde paused to reapply lipstick and asked, "Have I killed anything yet?".  Yuck.

Plus, Blake bragged about deliberately running over turtles.  The only animals they respect is the domesticated type.  And that's the one thing I still really like about Miranda, she has an animal shelter that does a lot of good work.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I love children, but I feel no need to celebrate that the Huntsman family just had their one thousandth child.  I'd be more celebratory if one of them went a year without a pregnancy.  It's like they're the Duggars.

I had a comment but failed to hit send yesterday along your thinking. Abby and 2 of her sisters were all pregnant at the same time ,and being one of 7-8 kids there’s going to be lots of pictures shown.  She didn’t even say what her sisters name was ( whose smile was less than Joys )  just baby George and how doctors couldn’t kick her and her sister out of delivery room. Oh and what miracles babies  are.  I don’t know that should involve high fives and clapping.  There were no eyes rolling ,huffing and puffing and smirking. 

Boy the audience was glad to see this panel today. Kids pictures were very cute today and Bernie is a star.  

I will not watch when Trumps spawn is on with his side piece. 

Just incredible four women sitting at a table talking about current events pleasantly and politely. No finger pointing ,smirking ,huffing and puffing and no reprimanding the audience.  

Edited by athousandclowns
Many babies
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Just incredible four women sitting at a table talking about current events pleasantly and politely. No finger pointing ,smirking ,huffing and puffing and no reprimanding the audience.  

It was  like going back in time to what The View was like when it first came on.

• Love 18