Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/28/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

And just which "NBC Executive" has been butt-dialing Abby several times?

AND WHY?   I get that her name might be at the top of some alphabetical first-name list, but does every "executive" carry the entire list of NBC employees on their phones?  Or just the prettiest ones?

She doesn't usually like to share information like this...hahahaha

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Marigny said:

I think she's afraid of getting fired at the end of the season. Based on this new attempt at assertiveness, I'm convinced that she's read what's being said about her online and she's trying and failing miserably at proving us wrong. 

Yep, this makes sense.  Plus, even if she's not reading online criticism of herself, she just has to listen to her BFF across the table calling her weak on live TV.😏

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

And just which "NBC Executive" has been butt-dialing Abby several times?

AND WHY?   I get that her name might be at the top of some alphabetical first-name list, but does every "executive" carry the entire list of NBC employees on their phones?  Or just the prettiest ones?

She doesn't usually like to share information like this...hahahaha

I was wondering the same thing? Was it NBC? Abby isn't Diane Sawyer, Meridith Viera, Robin Roberts, before the View I never heard of Abby. Why would a top Executive have her number at the ready to butt dial 😃? I'm not saying it's not possible just bizarre. 

Abby and all her callers😁

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Marigny said:

Abby doesn't like anything that pulls her out of her little box of rainbows and sunshine.

I'm trying to remember the comment Candace made about protesters.  Something about they have a right to protest but should do it where people don't have to see it?  (I think it was about Kaepernick,)  It must be something about that chair that (beside making hosts pregnant) makes them want rainbows and sunshine.

• LOL 6
  • Love 11

Abby is walking in the footsteps of Hasselbeck on the View.  She started out rational and then progressed to a Hannity mouthpiece with daily coaching (supposedly) from Bill Geddie the Director of the show.  It was unwatchable for a long time.  Sadly, Abby seems to be using the same formula this week.  A previous Republican, Nicole Wallace, didn't make it past a year because she didn't flash her fangs enough.  Although she has said they told her it was because she wasn't up on pop culture!

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I believe that word on the street behind-the-scenes is that The Other Daughter is going to be replaced next season by either Ana Navarro (if she wants it) or someone else.  I think it's safe to say that McCain isn't going anywhere but Abby's sudden change in behavior is showing us all that her ass is on the line.

Probably also why she is suddenly talking about all of these phone calls she is supposedly getting from all of these "higher ups."  To make herself appear to be of more importance than she really is.  

• Useful 8
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Mldyold said:

Abby is walking in the footsteps of Hasselbeck on the View.  She started out rational and then progressed to a Hannity mouthpiece with daily coaching (supposedly) from Bill Geddie the Director of the show.  It was unwatchable for a long time.  Sadly, Abby seems to be using the same formula this week.  A previous Republican, Nicole Wallace, didn't make it past a year because she didn't flash her fangs enough.  Although she has said they told her it was because she wasn't up on pop culture!

For some reason ABC seems to not want an articulate Republican co host.

1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

Probably also why she is suddenly talking about all of these phone calls she is supposedly getting from all of these "higher ups."  To make herself appear to be of more importance than she really is.  

Well with Daddy no longer part of the administration Abby's value has went down.

• Love 17

Ideally I’d like the hosts to be something in between nepotism Barbie #1 and nepotism Barbie #2. Joy, Whoopi, Sunny, and Ana are typically good about sharing their opinions and allowing the others to do so.

I agree with the poster about Abby wanting to live in a bubble of “rainbows and sunshine,” and then Meghan gets her blood boiling easily and wants to turn the show into the Real Housewives. 

Their job imo is the be informed, share their views with us, and allow the others to do the same. It’s not their job to avoid saying anything negative because Abby just can’t bear it, nor should they be constantly scowling and snapping at their cohosts like her pal does. Abby is typically sweet, but she was quite rude yesterday. 

• Love 21
9 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Wow, Whoopi has had it with Meg hogging the conversation and talking over everyone!  Way to smack her down!

How'd she do it? What did she say? What!What!What! And did Her Twatness sulk, fold her arms, snap her neck, and fake cry? DEETS!

• LOL 8
  • Love 7

Meghan says she has nothing to say on the topic six times.  Then shut up Meghan!

When I was in junior high in the sixties, we had assigned lunch seats.  I wonder if any talk shows were talking about it.  We just did what we were told and didn't really think about it.  It was not newsworthy.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
37 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

And it lasted all of ninety seconds before Meghan cut her off again.  That's the problem when there are one are two that need to be corrected, and the supervisor gives a vague reminder to everyone so as not to "single anyone out".  I've seen it throughout my career and it drives me crazy.

I’ve experienced this at work too. Pet peeve of mine as well. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 11
33 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Ooh, Whoopie wasn't having it.  When Meghan said, "I don't know what that is" and  Whoopie rose up from her chair a bit and then sat down again, you knew somethin' was coming.

I must have missed it -  what was the conspiracy about John McCain that his office had to refute?

Meghan and Abby are equating what people who are on the left (presumably) are saying on (their) social media with what people on the right are saying in the mainstream media, which is seen/heard by many more people.  I wish someone at the table had asked them to name Democrats that are public figures who are criticizing members of the military, other than Hillary Clinton's comments about Tulsi Gabbard (which I wish she had refrained from making without presenting any facts to back it up).

The people who hate John McCain claim because he broke down & gave info to his captors(after being horribly tortured), that he was a "traitor".   Good Grief, I would like to see how those people would react after being tortured for years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Meghan lusts after Joy's lasagna, LOL.  They have a bet 🙂

I hope she never gives in and makes her a lasagna. She would use it to prop herself up from here until eternity. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, Natasha said:
2 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I wonder why Joy or Sunny didn't bring up Abu Ghairb. That's a perfect example of veterans who don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Off the top of my head, Timothy McVeigh and the DC shooter come to mind

Also at least one of the mass shooters in Texas. 

• Love 17
26 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Off the top of my head, Timothy McVeigh and the DC shooter come to mind. 

Timothy McVeigh and Abu Ghairb were my first thoughts when Meghan said all military gets a pass from her.  Maybe twitter will remind Meghan all the Veterans have done vile evil things.  

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 14
On 10/28/2019 at 9:12 AM, Axie said:

Abby is becoming down right apoplectic.  Calm down, Missy!

I know, right!  She has been off the chart annoying as of late, and its beginning to piss me off.  I know the kids.  And shes probably ------, strike that.  Someone said that to me and I'd hit them.  I cant say that to another, regardless the sitch. Ok back to the annointed one Lady Annoying.  Seriously, what bugs crawled up...you know the rest.  Maybe its the Abby/Meghan Bitchfest Showdown! Who can be the biggest bitch for the longest time while making no sense at all.  Abbys making a run for it.......

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
58 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Dear God, Meghan. SHUT UP!!!! If you are so pro military why haven’t YOU served?? Oh right.. you would have to follow follow directions and show respect to your superiors. 

At one point on the show she was asked and said she's too old.  She actually was not!  And she hadn't been too old for the previous 20yrs.  She could have been in Annapolis in a second (no need to qualify)...if her dad had wanted it.

• Love 14

With all of the crosstalk today it was hard to hear, but when Sunny cited Chelsea Manning as someone who served in the military and presumably committed a crime against the US, I think I heard MeAgain say "Obama pardoned him (or she may have said her).  Did anyone else catch that?  Right after that Sunny just repeated her point and disregarded MeAgain's point.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I was wondering the same thing? Was it NBC? Abby isn't Diane Sawyer, Meridith Viera, Robin Roberts, before the View I never heard of Abby. Why would a top Executive have her number at the ready to butt dial 😃? I'm not saying it's not possible just bizarre. 

Abby and all her callers😁

What about Brian? He's some sort of mgmt

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

So MM says that if you're a vet, you get a pass from her.  Tell that to the many many wives of vets who have suffered from domestic violence...do those husbands get a pass too, MM?  Don't be so sweeping in your endorsements.

1 hour ago, Natasha said:

Off the top of my head, Timothy McVeigh and the DC shooter come to mind. 

47 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Timothy McVeigh and Abu Ghairb were my first thoughts when Meghan said all military gets a pass from her.  Maybe twitter will remind Meghan all the Veterans have done vile evil things.  

52 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Also at least one of the mass shooters in Texas. 

1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

Dear God, Meghan. SHUT UP!!!! If you are so pro military why haven’t YOU served?? Oh right.. you would have to follow follow directions and show respect to your superiors. 

All this. There are some very brave and heroic people in the military. But I get so sick of Meghan worshipping all the vets. I’m sorry, but being a veteran doesn’t mean you’re a saint. For someone  so military military military all the time, you would have expected her to have served.

1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Does Meghan even think before she speaks? Our history is littered with veterans who have done horrific things. She  has such a narrow minded view of the world. Being a veteran doesn't make you any more patriotic than those who didn't serve.  And I am so hoping her admiration of Tulsi Gabbard comes back to bite Meghan in the ass.

I don’t know if Meghan and Abby both choose to ignore a lot that doesn’t make them feel good or what. Meghan probably refuses to believe negativity about the US military no matter the source. I guess she thinks if you and/or your father aren’t veterans and you dare to critique a veteran, you’re not patriotic and ungrateful to the military. To MM, soldier=noble, and anyone who dares to not be a fan of all the wars, finds fault with a veteran’s actions, isn’t a massive fan of someone just because of their service, etc, is going to offend her because of all the military service in her family. I can’t imagine how big her head would be if she were a veteran. She already considers herself such a tough chick patriot. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, bannana said:

With all of the crosstalk today it was hard to hear, but when Sunny cited Chelsea Manning as someone who served in the military and presumably committed a crime against the US, I think I heard MeAgain say "Obama pardoned him (or she may have said her).  Did anyone else catch that?  Right after that Sunny just repeated her point and disregarded MeAgain's point.

I believe she said she (Sunny) defended Chelsea Manning when Sunny was citing Manning as one example of a veteran who's been criticized. And I'm sure McCain criticized Manning. Sunny's defense of Manning in the past wouldn't contradict Sunny or Joy today though--they were arguing that not all people in a group (like veterans) should be treated as living saints regardless of the facts. Whereas McCain was arguing that NO veteran ANYWHERE can be criticized EVERR! Her criticism of Manning and Gabbard herself both on this show in the past contradicts her own argument today. Not that her being illogical and speaking out both sides of her mouth is anything new. I just thought it was worth mentioning.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16