Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/28/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, After7Only said:

MM also muttered under her breath "6 more times" in her usual dismissive tone.  She's just itching to get back in Sunny's freeze out zone.   

Not much to add to MM's rude behavior towards Booker.  But I will say... : )   He did answer MM's question about how he will deal with uncivil Trump in a debate.   Pretty much how he treated her during her uncivil and rude questioning.....LOL

I couldn't believe how rude she was to Sunny.

LOL!

8 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Joy loves to be sarcastic, like a lot of comedians do.  Some people might interpret it as bitchy, but there's a difference.

For example, huge difference between the way MM responded to "dot, dot, dot" and Joy's sarcasm. If Joy had made fun of it, it would have been in a more humorous, playful manner. MM was just coldly like I'm annoyed, enough. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

Rethinking the Joy/Abby is an aunt again thing, I’m the aunt of 5.  When each was born, I told people and may have shown a picture.  People did the appropriate oohing and awwing, and life went on.  How much do people really care about stuff like that other than those involved?  I’m not sure what Joy was supposed to do.

• Love 18
6 hours ago, jkspeaks said:

MM is an insufferable bitch, I wish ABC could fire her ass, but knowing ABC they won't. 

There was that article a few months ago saying that one of the bigwigs at ABC is a huge fan of Megan's.  Until he leaves, she's staying, unfortunately.

16 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

Well that could be, but seeing she's paid to talk and react, backstage doesn't count. I thought she looked pissed off for most of the segment I saw, I find her moody, and quite often distant, and cold.

Joy's been ill lately and may still not feel up to par.  I'll give her a break if she seems distant.  If it were me, I'd probably still be at home in bed until I'm 100%.  Kudos to her for being a real trooper.  The show must go on! 🤩

• Love 19
8 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

Abby's sister  looks so much like her. Everyone said something  about her and the baby, Joy sat rigid, she really is a bitch. 

I guess she could have said, "Trump was a baby once. I bet he was ugly."

🤷🏻‍♀️

5 hours ago, bannana said:
  • When Sunny was doing her dot-dot-dot thing, MeAgain repeatedly whined:  I got it, we got it.  And hair flip and eyeroll toward the audience.  Whoopi just kept focussed on what Sunny was trying to say.

That's a Whoopi move. Same as refusing to use speak about certain things (as another poster mentioned).

5 hours ago, bannana said:
  • MeAgain whined that they  had to go to commercial break, and she said they weren't going to play her off with Oscar music (eye roll, head snap) they were going to get Whoopi to do it, prompting Whoopi to say she was going to do her job.  Then MeAgain chuckles and says Whoopi is going to do her job.  I don't think the last part was meant to be rude but she is just so darned awkward that it sounded insulting to either Whoopi or the Director.

Lol at Whoopi fumbling that transition. "I'm supposed to go to commercial but I don't understand what this means Meghan. We'll. Get. To. You. When we. Get. Back."

It means read the damn teleprompter, Whoopi. It's telling you what to say, word for word. How much easier can it get. And, yes, do your job, but do it RIGHT!

1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Joy loves to be sarcastic, like a lot of comedians do.  Some people might interpret it as bitchy, but there's a difference.

Story of my life.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

I was annoyed, I said out loud,  Sunny we get it ,then she did it again with an accent or something, I muted her, and then Meghan said what I was thinking. I thought Sunny was childish,  she's supposed to be the smart one, yet  she annoys me more and more of late.

Lol...it annoyed me, too, and I also expressed my annoyance out loud before Meghan. Difference is, Sunny couldn't hear me, being 2000 miles away and all.

• Love 5

Sunny can be annoying and childlike, but she is not wrong in pointing out to Abby and Meghan yet again that it is not a transcript because parts noted by ellipses have been omitted.  Abby keeps saying that lefties are spewing fake news about things not in the "transcript" so Sunny needs to keep correcting her (but please stop using the baby voice, Sunny!).

• Love 24

So on the topic of MeAgain mocking Sunny, I have also noticed that MeAgain is happy to shut down her bestie Abby, and also point out when Abby is wrong.  This week she said something like: nobody at the table disagrees that the Ukraine thing is a problem, thus implying that Abby should drop whatever point she was trying to make.  She has also pointed out when Abby is talking about the wrong topic.  She laughed out loud once at some political analysis Abby made.

I have never seen Abby shoot down MeAgain or anything she has said.  I assume she doesn't agree with everything her bestie says, but she never contradicts her.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, pivot said:

Man, Meghan has been absurd this week. Her nastiness to Booker today and continually interrupting him gave me secondhand embarrassment for her. Not that she seems to have any embarrassment for the way she behaves. Booker really put her in her place. 

At some point, ABC is going to have to step in right?

“Make sparks”  ....this is all they want and she delivers. The endless threads about her is exactly why she will never be muzzled nor put out of her misery.  The only way we can be put out of ours is to detox - cold turkey ... If she were ignored, not discussed; shut off, not viewed; deleted, not quoted there might be a change. 

So no stepping in will happen. This is the bottom of the barrel television we have learned to participate in, engage with and accept as O.k. 

Edited by Dahlia
  • Love 13

Megan is a nasty person and she will never change because she has never had to pay for her bad behavior.  Her behavior towards Abby seems very bizarre. There is a strange tension between them.  

Whoopie seems over Megan she has been shutting her down and I love it.

I hope Joy never gives in to her and give her a lasagna. I am hoping she gives one to Sunny when they are hanging out together at the Sag.

• LOL 4
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

Megan is a nasty person and she will never change because she has never had to pay for her bad behavior.  Her behavior towards Abby seems very bizarre. There is a strange tension between them.  

Whoopie seems over Megan she has been shutting her down and I love it.

I hope Joy never gives in to her and give her a lasagna. I am hoping she gives one to Sunny when they are hanging out together at the Sag.

I want Brian to get some of that lasagna before Meghan does. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

She thinks it's her coworkers' job to listen to her, but she doesn't always care to listen to them. She doesn't even want to pretend to.

AND she even says, as an aside to the audience (but on mic), that she doesn't care about a particular discussion (Corey Booker's romance).  It's SO below her.  But bring on Erika Jayne or Shooter Jennings and she's AGOG and heading their PR train!

• Love 17
3 hours ago, bannana said:

I have never seen Abby shoot down MeAgain or anything she has said. 

• Perhaps she has been warned.
  • She worked with her at FOX; perhaps she has seen for herself what happens.
  • Perhaps Abby didn't even understand that Meghan was putting her down.
  • Most of all: she's a-skeered!
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

Emma Stone and Aidy Bryant attended the same high school. I heard Aidy on Marc Maron’s podcast and she explained that her family was neither Catholic nor wealthy, but that many girls in Phoenix went there as an option because the public schools at the time were so terrible

I would have to disagree with the broad statement about the Phoenix schools.  The majority of schools are safe and well run, although our Legislature doesn't fund them fairly.  Xavier Prep is a prestigious school with rigorous standards (they had to step up to match Brophy, the boy's school) and an excellent drama department.  Parents send their girls there for the education, panache, and social contacts.  I'd bet the majority of students come from higher-income neighborhoods.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Megan was going on and on about how Kyrsten Sinema is so wonderful.  I liked Sinema at first for electing to be sworn in by a law book and not the bible, just because of the person who administered her oath of office. You guys should look it up, I don't want to get in trouble, It just delighted me, but I digress.  I remember after she got sworn in as a senator in 2018, she sat with the Republicans and not her fellow Democrats. I have given her the side eye ever since.

I do believe that both parties should have and welcome diversity of thoughts, they should not be a monolith. However, Arizona is a purple state and not deep red like West Virginia where Joe Manchin is a senator. I am happy that Joy brought him up today. I just rolled my eyes at Megan's love for Kyrsten. I am sure she will turn on her the minute Kyrsten displeases her. Remember how she loved Mayor Pete....

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

an excellent drama department. 

Ah.  That explains Meg's propensity for histrionics.  

5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Remember how she loved Mayor Pete....

Mayor Pete, the veteran.

4 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

NO LASAGNA FOR YOU!

Ha!  I was hearing this too.

1 hour ago, piccadilly83 said:

Listening to Joy quoting Clinton, it seemed to me as though Hillary is worried about something similar happening to Gabbard. Not that she would take payoffs per se, but that she would and/or could be unwittingly used by the Russians to muck up US elections.

I'm sure that's what Joy was hinting at, but I wish she had articulated it better.

• Love 8

When the show started with predominantly Sunny and Abby, I thought Meghan probably said this was something else she didn’t care about so she wasn’t participating, but then, there she was.

• LOL 2

Joy seems to really like Anthony Scaramucci.  I can’t stand Dr. Oz.

I wonder how long Sunny and Whoopie spent in makeup getting ready this morning.

Edited by Axie
  • Love 3

Today's show was pre-empted again for breaking news.................

MM and Corey Booker - I was outraged by her condescending, racially tainted, way of speaking to Sen Booker.  Her over and over, "Just try to go to my brother's house and take his AK 47/14",  or whatever.

• Love 19
51 minutes ago, Axie said:

They probably wouldn’t let her carry an assault rifle.  Her weapon of choice.

Hah! No kidd'n.  I took the symbolism two ways: getting the axe (fired), or taking out your co stars with it

• Love 7
20 hours ago, jkspeaks said:

The week ain't over yet, yeah tommorow is going to be a chill Halloween day, but on Friday is back to normal and on top of that Ana will be there, Meghan will go off again, watch. My predictions. 

I wish they would have included her on the H'ween show

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Not sure what you were seeing, but I saw joy smile and said something that we couldn’t hear.  Not bitchiness that I’m saw and perhaps joy had already said something about the baby backstage.  

I think what had happened (tm WW) was MM was saying she had emailed her Sen to invite her and never got a reply.  Joy was laughing saying maybe she should try lol

• Love 1
On 10/30/2019 at 10:13 AM, GoldenGirl90 said:

Yeah, I’m under the weather today, it’s nasty outside where I live and I just couldn’t make it through today’s show. Sen. Booker isn’t my favorite, but the disrespect towards him was totally uncalled for. 

Obviously everything we have tried regarding MM hasn't worked.  They wouldnt listen, but if guests started canceling because of her behavior, maybe they would finally address it. Good Luck getting that to happen.  Pipe dream..axe dream hee

• Love 5

Everyone went all out (staff included) for the opening taped piece except for Meghan, who just kind of said her lines, and didn't try to seem scary at all.  She's no Jack Nicholson, but we know she can be dramatic.  I bet she didn't want to do it.  

In her twin costume, Meghan for once was dressed appropriately for her age.

I'm so glad Sunny didn't leave in those teeth.  They were hard to look at.

12 minutes ago, Tammee said:

I think what had happened (tm WW) was MM was saying she had emailed her Sen to invite her and never got a reply.  Joy was laughing saying maybe she should try lol

I don't remember if Meghan said she invited Kyrsten Sinema on the show, but she did say she had invited Liz Cheney to come on the show and hasn't received a response to any of her emails (ha!). 

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
40 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

OMG, I just finished watching Cory Booker and shit-for-brains McCain.

Jesus, Me-Again, *I'll* go to your fucking brother's house - STFU, you ignorant bitch!

God!

I still want to know what brother McCain would DO if someone came to his house to legally take his gun.  Meghan needs to finish that thought.  I just sent her a tweet.  I am sure I will be blocked but she can't dangle this out there without an answer about what her above reproach brother would do.  

Edited by Natalie68
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

ABC, PULEASE hire an adult.  At this point, any adult would do.  Or just put a cactus in her place.

Specifically, Ana.   I'm begging for Ana at the table.   Permanently.   And also, that cactus you mentioned -  to remind them and us of what we'd finally be rid of. 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Ladyrain said:

Specifically, Ana.   I'm begging for Ana at the table.   Permanently.   And also, that cactus you mentioned -  to remind them and us of what we'd finally be rid of. 

YES!!!!!  I made myself laugh.  What if Ana dressed up as a cactus for Halloween.  HA!

Edited by Natalie68
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5