Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: The Proposal

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

The crew pulls off a once-in-a-lifetime dinner, but Kevin is left with doubts about Kate's standard of service; Courtney is not impressed with her fellow crew members' behavior; Brian makes a mistake; Ashton crosses a line with a junior crew member.

Airs October 14, 2019.

42 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Yeah Tanner, your mom with her weird little kid voice is never going to be better than Collie’s mom.  Don’t try.

At first I thought it was a young sister on the phone.  Then he was talking about being the youngest! That's when I realized it was his mom.  Oh my. 

Overall, this episode was kind of boring.  I'm looking forward to next week when it looks like there will be guest drama! Interior drama! And Abbi's hair drama!

Edited by Snickerdoodle
  • Like 1
  • Love 13

These ladies need to tie their hair back during service. On the topic of hair, Kate’s forever looks like a hot mess. Ashton needs to tone it down with the flirting, before he ends up in hot water by the end of the season. Is it in the contract that all Long Island mothers have to be over concerned about their grown sons? Tanner’s mom trying to be the Robin Macy of the Valor will not work.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Courtney is such a bitter pill.  She needs to find another line of work.

At least none of this crew seem to be mean drunks.

So no Ashton Abbi hookup.  Another misleading preview. 

How did her radio end up in the wheelhouse? Or did she leave it somewhere and Lee found it.  She did realize it was gone and was looking for it, unlike just ignoring it.

• Love 12

Note to Sandy:  This is how you manage a radio situation.

Love Capt. Lee's response to how he is today.  He didn't see his name in the obits, so it's all good.

Not caring for Courtney but I'm liking Simone.  Don't know what to make of the deck crew  And Kevin hasn't really proved himself to me as a great chef so I'm on the stews side.

The engagement was cute but I'm sure she knew it was coming.

Ashton better watch himself on the free nights out.  He could really get himself in trouble with his crew.  He's a boss now.

Next charter should be interesting.  Hello Brandi.  Yuk.

• Love 12

Brandy the guest looks like a good time ....NOT! She is in the scarey territory.

What in the holy heck is wrong with people, handle your liquor and your comportment. Know your limits and tolerance people!

How wonderful for her that this is captured on film for all of archived time.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, sara1025 said:

According to google, Kate is 36 years old. So 36 is considered cougar age?? Wow I feel old now lol

36?! There is no way. She looks/acts 50. Also, why would she think Tanner (26) was “creepy” for hitting on her if she was only 36?? I don’t think so...

Even if she is indeed 50, she should still go for it, he’s hot! Resembles Bradley Cooper. 

Damn, Courtney has one helluva crap personality. 

The stew’s long hair flying when they are serving the guests makes my stomach churn. Why don’t they tie it back? Eww. 

Kate interrupting the engagement...huge oops. It was a little awkward after that, ha. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Like 1
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Sage47 said:

36?! There is no way. She looks/acts 50. Also, why would she think Tanner (26) was “creepy” for hitting on her if she was only 36?? I don’t think so...

Her age is in fact validated from her dismissed charges. He is ten years younger which is enough for a lot of people to not want to be hooking up with and I took it as her not wanting to date a younger guy and was joking about the creep factor. I think most of the guys she has been with are older and the one woman who has been mentioned was her age.
Many people found Hannah and Conrad^ creepy/cougar territory and they were closer in age.

*because bland white dudes are all the same but to Conrad’s credit I did find him more interesting than sad rapping Mama’s boy Conor!

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

Tanner definitely came on the show with an agenda. First he tries to steal Colin’s act with the call home to his loving parents only to be foiled  by his Mom’s unfortunate addiction to huffing Helium. Then he pretended to get a stiffy from Crabby McLizardskin so he can get some camera time. Please buddy come up with something more credible.

Next he has a going to claim that Captain Lee returned his adopted puppy to a kill shelter.

• LOL 18
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Brandy the guest looks like a good time ....NOT! She is in the scarey territory.

What in the holy heck is wrong with people, handle your liquor and your comportment. Know your limits and tolerance people!

How wonderful for her that this is captured on film for all of archived time.

I think she had had more than alcohol -GHB? Something -I mean panic attacks -and the other 's were out of it, but not like her- perhaps they were more used to whatever substance they had imbibed. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, sara1025 said:

According to google, Kate is 36 years old. So 36 is considered cougar age?? Wow I feel old now lol

She’s only 3 years older than me. So am I cougar as well?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I'm with Abbi on the deckhands needing to wear blacks for evening. I get that the servers should look elegant, but why should the deckhands be elegant when they're hauling stuff over the deck rails? 

(Well I guess they might be called in to help with service so there's that....)

Also, if I were a guest, I'd EXPECT to be called to the table-- I mean are they just going to walk to the table and start banging their forks? I'd want to be told that the staff were ready to serve us. 

• Love 12

Are the new guests returning guests from a prior season? When they boarded they seemed to know Captain Lee.  Brandy did not appear just drunk she looked and sounded like someone who was having dt's from alcohol withdrawal or someone who was having a psychotic episode. I have never seen a drunk person moan and groan like that. She kept saying I want to got to the room.  This chic is bad news and I wouldn't want to be on a boat with her. if she is that messed up from drinking  she needs to be watched so she doesn't do something crazy like jump overboard. 

• Like 1
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Are the new guests returning guests from a prior season?

Yes last season in Fiji. The crew made jokes about him being in the mob and her for wearing crazy heavy black clothes (Josiah and Kate mocked her closet) and creeping on the Chef. She changed the black heavy clothes and they are not outright making Tony Soprano jokes about him though Lee made a crack about no one knowing where his money comes from but they apparently didn’t have an issue so came back.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Yeah Tanner, your mom with her weird little kid voice is never going to be better than Collie’s mom.  Don’t try.

When I heard that mom's voice on the phone I immediately though, "Shit, Ben & Ronnie have finally infiltrated production."  LOL

I am way off on my own, but I really like Courtney so far.  She may hate ironing, but she seems to be doing her job otherwise.  And I kind of wonder about Simone's mental health if she actually does enjoy standing over a hot iron in 90+ degree weather.  The constant temperature updates, though, are getting a bit repetitive.  Thailand is supposed to be hot, and so far, it's been cooler there than it was for me in all of September.  And I don't get to live on a boat in a beautiful tropical island, ironing or no.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I enjoyed seeing the three crewmen taking a back flip off the bow of the boat after the end of their first charter. 

I am already over Courtney’s whining. Even production has to be over it when they edited the clip where she had to walk miles (on shells) to get the guests refreshments. Last night on WWHL Kate did say that despite her complaining she did her work competently. I am also over the chef. Why is he using a sous vide machine if he doesn’t even know how to turn it off? I would also have been annoyed by its constant beeping. I kept yelling at the screen for him to just unplug it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

she had to walk miles (on shells) to get the guests refreshments.

You forgot to mention it was uphill both ways.

39 minutes ago, Lizzing said:

When I heard that mom's voice on the phone

Wait, that was his mother!!???!!?? I thought there was a toddler telling him not to impregnate anyone! Seriously.  See what happens when I half listen, I should never pay attention to real life while watching BD.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, sara1025 said:

And didn’t Simone say she was 39?  I was shocked to hear that, she looks younger than Kate.

I don’t know how Abbi can work in the heat with all that hair, she’s making me sweat just watching her.  

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Even if she is indeed 50, she should still go for it, he’s hot! Resembles Bradley Cooper. 

Damn, Courtney has one helluva crap personality. 

The stew’s long hair flying when they are serving the guests makes my stomach churn. Why don’t they tie it back? Eww. 

Kate interrupting the engagement...huge oops. It was a little awkward after that, ha. 

I’m 48, no way she looks 50.  She just looks older than the 20 somethings.

Why did Courtney even do the show?  She is miserable.

• Love 13

According to CC Simone said 29 and that’s also what I heard. 
I find Simone super passive but than as she pointed out there is a minuscule amount of people that look like her as a stew in the game so it would not surprise me if what I see as passive is her trying to not to be fired for being other.

I get that Ashton didn’t fuck his subordinate but his entire behavior with her was so crazy inappropriate I peg him as stepping down because he is so not a supervisor in a gazillion ways.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Simone is the most interesting person on this years crew. It seems like she is already isolated as Kate has stuffed her in the laundry. That’s the third stews job and didn’t Kate name her second stew?

To be fair, she has essentially volunteered to keep ironing.  Some people find ironing relaxing (in the right circumstances, I do). Though she might have offered to continue ironing because every shot of Courtney ironing including her bitching about how she can't get the wrinkles out and how much she hates it.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, TexasGal said:

He's the guy who likes cougars but with a mom who sounds like 5 years old.

Weird.

I think it's fine if Courtney doesn't want to drink heavily.  She could just tell the guy she has a boyfriend back home.

All the deck hands came across as desperate once they got drunk -- Tanner wanting to chat up Kate, the other guy wanting Courtney to dance and then to smile more.  

When the crew was drinking, I thought that those bars only exist to serve Westerners and Australians, not so much the locals.

The country must need foreign tourist money but too bad they have to liquor them up to do it.

Courtney does  have a stick up her ass, but I agree with her objecting to people telling her to smile.  As I have a RBF myself, people are constantly asking me to do that, and she’s right, no one would EVER ask a man to do that.  Ashton, you are looking totally unprofessional flirting with your deckhand like that; it could come back to bite him in the butt.

• Love 18

I'm beginning to think the chef came into this season with an agenda against Kate. He is super uptight and looks to find fault with every single thing she does. I've been watching this show for years and I know that charter guests sit down to eat when they want to sit down to eat. 

I don't get why all the guys are gaga over Courtney. She seems pretty plain looking with zero personality. I was with her, though, when Brian told her to smile. I HATE that shit. But putting that aside, she just seems like a total downer. She doesn't like anything and complains a lot about her job. (Albeit, not to her superior; I'll give her that.)

Simone and Abbi both seem to have more spark to them. 

I'm kind of loving Tanner's infatuation with Kate. 

I think Ashton is cute and I like his interactions with his co-workers, but I cringe watching "romantic Ashton." Please, just focus on being Bosun this year. 

The guests:

I'm quite certain that if any man had ever started a marriage proposal to me by saying, "I guess I owe you this", I'd run away. Fast. 

WHAT is up with Drunky McDrunkerson from the second round of guests? Wow. She's going to be an issue. 

• Love 13

Courtney is wrestling the Resting Bitch Face crown from Kate.

She hates "servitude"...good career choice, Court.

Did we need to hear every chunk and drip of poo blowing out of Kevin's a?

The sound editor used a barn yard noises track......

I was nauseated and skeeved chef didn't wear gloves to handle the food since he was on the toilet and off the toilet every 2 minutes even though he washed his hands...ack!

Kevin throwing Kate under the bus at the tip meeting to deflect from his literal "shit show" will come back to haunt him....he poked the bear too early in the yachting season....

• LOL 3
  • Love 16

The first set of guests get the Best Behaved Award...early to bed, no drunkards, no special dietary restrictions, no wanting pigs in the blankets at 2am...

No drama means we are getting set up for the questionably dehydrated/chemically and or emotionally  affected guest already hyperventilating during the boat tour.....

Can't decide if she was going to hurl before she passed out or just drop like a rock.....

The hosting couple don't seemed concerned at all.....

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Lizzing said:

I am way off on my own, but I really like Courtney so far. 

Like your love of Ronnie and Ben, I am with you on liking Courtney.  I sort of thought "What a pill" at the club, but then realized I hate clubs too and I want wine and conversation.  Also I am blessed with an angry resting face so people constantly tell me to smile and I am going to sort of steal her line of "be funnier" with a smile twist. She complains a lot, but she seems to do her job competently & that is all I need when I am interacting with servers.  I might just like cranky people though?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

Courtney does  have a stick up her ass, but I agree with her objecting to people telling her to smile.  As I have a RBF myself, people are constantly asking me to do that, and she’s right, no one would EVER ask a man to do that.  Ashton, you are looking totally unprofessional flirting with your deckhand like that; it could come back to bite him in the butt.

Kate’s first season a guest chided her for not smiling.   To me it’s offensive.  You never hear someone saying that to a man. 
Oh, and Kate retaliated by making a “rocketship” out of a blanket and putting it on his bed.  

Edited by howiveaddict
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

I as most women hate to be told to smile but drunk of his ass Brian was trying to get her to laugh and find him charming, I also would not have been amused or acquiesced because he was drunk and I don’t need some asshole to dictate my behavior.. However, that ended when he apologized even though he didn’t remember what he had done, that’s not excusing him,  but he offered apology about making her uncomfortable, Courtney could have legit said he crossed a boundary but she  smirked at him and was an ass when refusing his apology and than admitted that it didn’t actually bother her. That’s why I find her annoying as shit. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, luvthepros said:

I think you mean Conrad.

I legit can’t be bothered to remember  these boring ass one hit wonders. Also, I didn’t like Tanner’s mom from the brief moment we heard of her but I also think Colin’s mom was boring as fuck when we saw and when we heard her on the phone and that she raised a pathetic Mama’s boy who has apparently never had a real relationship even though he is in his 30s and after three weeks whines about missing his mother’s cooking so to each their own.

eb apparently all C names are the same to me! 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Lizzing said:

The constant temperature updates, though, are getting a bit repetitive. 

I don't need a temperature update. I can see how hot it is by the completely soaked backs of the crew's shirts. In all the episodes of Below Deck and  BD Med, I've not ever seen the crew look so perspired. I noticed that on the first episode of this season and knew then it was going to be uncomfortable watching them.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

.......I also think Conner’s mom was boring as fuck when we saw and when we heard her on the phone and that she raised a pathetic Mama’s boy who has apparently never had a real relationship even though he is in his 30s and after three weeks whines about missing his mother’s cooking so to each their own.

I think you mean Colin. LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1