Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: The Proposal

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, luvthepros said:

I think you mean Colin. LOL.

I guess my point about not caring about these boring ass people remains! But this thread might make me remember Colin’s name now because of the amount of people seeing his mother’s praises. Don’t understand it but will try to use the right name when being annoyed about him.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

Courtney is a waitress. Waitresses are supposed to smile and be pleasant to their customers.

However she certainly doesn’t have to smile or be pleasant on her free time. She should continue to bitch and moan about spending time on a tropical beach in Paradise. That is the best way to win friends and influence people.  

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Lizzing said:

.  And I kind of wonder about Simone's mental health if she actually does enjoy standing over a hot iron in 90+ degree weather.  

I think she's getting her alibi ready, so that when the impending drama between Kate and the chef explodes she has an excuse as to why she knows nothing.  

10 hours ago, Lizzing said:

I am way off on my own, but I really like Courtney so far.

After this episode I found myself liking her as well - I was sort of tickled that she wasn't having any of the shenanigans the drunkards were participating in. For some reason it cracked me up - something different. It may wear on me over time, but for now, I'm cool with her 😉

I tweeted about Abbi's hair situation that was in the previews and she responded with the following :

"I know!!! Watching the episodes I’m like “please put your damn hair up” can’t fathom the thought process there"

😉 LOL... I might end up liking her too - as long as she puts that situation up, along with backing off pursuing Ashton...

I'm so over Kevin. I was over him after the first episode. I feel like he came on the show determined to have issues with Kate. Here's a thought, if you want to come in locked and loaded, how about trying to get along with the Chief Stew for a change - because, the chef having issues with the Chief Stew is WAY over done on both BD and BDM. Yawners... I also didn't appreciate his vague snatchy comments in front of everyone about the "interior" not being up to snuff. I hope he has a come to jeebuz moment because I can't with him being like this all season... at least he isn't in Leon territory... yet...

• Love 11

When I was 32, a 22 year old pursued me. I figured he was younger than me, but not that young. His level of maturity had me guessing him to be around 28. I was SHOCKED when I found out he was only 22. Never told him my age. And I did feel like a cougar 😉 So I get it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, snarts said:

Yes Courtney complains but damn if I wasn't feeling her comments about the club.  I too prefer wine & good conversation.  Old ladies unite!

That means no chance of coming back in a future season unless she gets into some drunk shenanigans before the season ends.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Are the new guests returning guests from a prior season? When they boarded they seemed to know Captain Lee.  Brandy did not appear just drunk she looked and sounded like someone who was having dt's from alcohol withdrawal or someone who was having a psychotic episode. I have never seen a drunk person moan and groan like that. She kept saying I want to got to the room.  This chic is bad news and I wouldn't want to be on a boat with her. if she is that messed up from drinking  she needs to be watched so she doesn't do something crazy like jump overboard. 

I was thinking withdrawl from something.  It was not just alcohol.   From the previews for the next episode she looks pretty bad.   I hope she gets the help she needs.

• Love 3

On the tease for next week's episode she looked like she was seizing or passed out on the beach blanket...but then the two deckhands loaded her on the skiff, guessing to go to the Valor.

Why not to the nearest dock?

Or was the EMT coming to the Valor?

So much to anticipate.....

19 hours ago, Sage47 said:

36?! There is no way. She looks/acts 50. Also, why would she think Tanner (26) was “creepy” for hitting on her if she was only 36?? I don’t think so...

Even if she is indeed 50, she should still go for it, he’s hot! Resembles Bradley Cooper. 

Damn, Courtney has one helluva crap personality. 

The stew’s long hair flying when they are serving the guests makes my stomach churn. Why don’t they tie it back? Eww. 

Kate interrupting the engagement...huge oops. It was a little awkward after that, ha. 

I am glad I am not the only one that thinks he looks like Bradley Cooper. Tanner is hot, go for it Kate.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, snarts said:

Yes Courtney complains but damn if I wasn't feeling her comments about the club.  I too prefer wine & good conversation.  Old ladies unite!

A thousand times this.  I mean, I think she's on the wrong show to be like that, but I could relate.  When they showed it was nearly 2am and people were still partying, all I could think was: "All of you will be complete wrecks when you have to get up the next morning!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Courtney is a waitress. Waitresses are supposed to smile and be pleasant to their customers.

However she certainly doesn’t have to smile or be pleasant on her free time. She should continue to bitch and moan about spending time on a tropical beach in Paradise. That is the best way to win friends and influence people.  

Meh. Waitresses only need to be pleasant IMO (spoken as an ex-waitress).

• Love 3

I haven't seen Hannah interrupt a guest's proposal, what a huge blunder Kate made. What the hell was she thinking?? She didn't even have the sense to be embarrassed by her shitty service during the proposal.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 10/15/2019 at 1:00 AM, biakbiak said:

Her age is in fact validated from her dismissed charges. He is ten years younger which is enough for a lot of people to not want to be hooking up with and I took it as her not wanting to date a younger guy and was joking about the creep factor. I think most of the guys she has been with are older and the one woman who has been mentioned was her age.
Many people found Hannah and Conrad^ creepy/cougar territory and they were closer in age.

*because bland white dudes are all the same but to Conrad’s credit I did find him more interesting than sad rapping Mama’s boy Conor!

Eh, thinking a ten year difference (older woman) is creepy is so old school. I have a neighbor here with a ten years younger husband. They are both hot and a loving, fun couple. I know several other happy “cougar” relationships, one is 14 years apart. You connect with who you connect with. 

You may have verified Kate’s age but I reserve the right to be shocked. My friends in their 40’s look younger. 

Poor Brian, Courtney shot him down hard. She really thinks she’s all that. How many times will she tell the cameras that working is beneath her and she would rather be sipping rose on the beach and being served bon bons? Another advertisement for not having an entitled only child. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Eh, thinking a ten year difference (older woman) is creepy is so old school. I have a neighbor here with a ten years younger husband. They are both hot and a loving, fun couple. I know several other happy “cougar” relationships, one is 14 years apart. You connect with who you connect with. 

But that is for the individual to decide. She might find it creepy for her and not for other people though I know pretty certain based on her tone she was joking. She wasn’t commenting on other people only on his interest in her.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2

According to CC Simone said 29 and that’s also what I heard. 
I find Simone super passive but than as she pointed out there is a minuscule amount of people that look like her as a stew in the game so it would not surprise me if what I see as passive is her trying to not to be fired for being other.

From what I've seen of her so far, Simone seems like a genuinely nice person. She has high standards for herself and that reflects in her being willing to iron or do anything else she's asked to do. Maybe we'll discover later on that it is an act, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for now.

• Love 5

Some are saying that Kevin  has an agenda by starting a conflict with Kate when in fact Kate has a problem with every chef she has ever worked with on this show.  She even managed to piss off the Zen chef and made him leave his namaste at the door. 

The guy who had an agenda is Tanner as he targeted Kate as an attractive sex object when none of the other people who ever worked with her wanted to tap that crocodile with the resting bitch snout. They had to import her love interests or chase down random unwashed hippies. As I remember the origin of her conflict with Ben in her first season was that he didn’t want to bang her anymore. Tanner figures if he goes after her he would get more screen time. He seems like he is very calculating.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Some are saying that Kevin  has an agenda by starting a conflict with Kate when in fact Kate has a problem with every chef she has ever worked with on this show.  She even managed to piss off the Zen chef and made him leave his namaste at the door. 

I'm a fan of Kate's, but it seemed to me that they both, Kevin and Kate, started off by being inexcusably rude to each other.  It seemed odd to me watching it -- most people at least make an attempt to be courteous initially in a professional setting.  It makes me wonder if the producers didn't ask them to behave rudely for the drama.

Like the thing with the label maker -- wasn't he just asking if she had one?  Just say, "no, I don't think we have one," and move on.  I don't understand how that turned into a hair-pull and an indictment on his character. 

And I thought it pretty un-called-for that he would call her out at the tip meeting, especially after just one charter with two inexperienced stews, instead of at least trying to sort things with her first.  It would be more profitable with Kate, for one thing, and we all know Capt. Lee well enough to know that that kind of thing does not sit well with him.

Based on the fact that they bothered to show us Lee's deadpan face when Kevin mentioned that, I predict Kevin doesn't last the whole season.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, snarts said:

But Courtney thinks working is beneath her!

4 hours ago, Sage47 said:

I agree.  I mean what's "creepy" about a ten year age difference?  I don't get it.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Jsage said:

From what I've seen of her so far, Simone seems like a genuinely nice person. She has high standards for herself and that reflects in her being willing to iron or do anything else she's asked to do. Maybe we'll discover later on that it is an act, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for now.

She seems both beautiful and fun. How is it that she doesn’t get any action from the dudes on the deck crew?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

As I remember the origin of her conflict with Ben in her first season was that he didn’t want to bang her anymore.

Kate & Ben hooked up between her first & second season-he was cheating on his girlfriend with Kat during Kate’s first season. Her second season was the Leon season & Ben was only there two charters & they were fine (I just rewatched the end of that season this weekend).  

6 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Poor Brian, Courtney shot him down hard. She really thinks she’s all that

Courtney’s complaining & aversion to work is extremely obnoxious but she doesn’t owe Brian anything. 

I don’t bang any of my coworkers & in fact date outside of my workplace. Guess I’m horrible like Kate & Courtney too. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, jmcd44 said:

Kate & Ben hooked up between her first & second season-he was cheating on his girlfriend with Kat during Kate’s first season. Her second season was the Leon season & Ben was only there two charters & they were fine (I just rewatched the end of that season this weekend)

I am sure you are right as it has it has been a long time since I saw those seasons.

I do know that every dude who was ever on this show would rather stick their dick in a pencil sharpener than Kate. I mean seriously how can Tanner be after Kate when you have a happy,  sweet and beautiful girl like Simone around who is on the same level as you? I call shenanigans.

On 10/15/2019 at 7:04 AM, Lizzing said:

When I heard that mom's voice on the phone I immediately though, "Shit, Ben & Ronnie have finally infiltrated production."  LOL

Is this Colin's upcoming project--playing second fiddle to his mom and Tanner's mom. Long Island Moms?

Colin's Mom: I wish my Collie could meet a nice girl.

Tanner's Mom: It's Europe so they might be prostitutes. Tell him to wear a condom so that he doesn't impregnate anyone or get a disease.

And I kind of wonder about Simone's mental health if she actually does enjoy standing over a hot iron in 90+ degree weather.  The constant temperature updates, though, are getting a bit repetitive.  Thailand is supposed to be hot, and so far, it's been cooler there than it was for me in all of September.  And I don't get to live on a boat in a beautiful tropical island, ironing or no.

On 10/15/2019 at 7:08 AM, biakbiak said:

The interior is air conditioned.

On 10/15/2019 at 10:49 AM, The Ringo Kidd said:

Simone is the most interesting person on this years crew. It seems like she is already isolated as Kate has stuffed her in the laundry. That’s the third stews job and didn’t Kate name her second stew?

On 10/15/2019 at 11:13 AM, Special K said:

To be fair, she has essentially volunteered to keep ironing.  Some people find ironing relaxing (in the right circumstances, I do). Though she might have offered to continue ironing because every shot of Courtney ironing including her bitching about how she can't get the wrinkles out and how much she hates it.

On 10/15/2019 at 10:34 AM, biakbiak said:

I find Simone super passive but than as she pointed out there is a minuscule amount of people that look like her as a stew in the game so it would not surprise me if what I see as passive is her trying to not to be fired for being other.

Eh, she's a Black woman who grew up in South Africa. I'm pretty sure Simone has had worse jobs or at least direct comments that she's only fit for really shitty jobs despite her education. That country is a catastrophe.

Furthermore, she works in an industry where there aren't too many people of color. Her previous charter brokers, captains, and boat owners might have had the utmost confidence in her skills and abilities. But if the person chartering the ship for that week happens to be a bigot, racist, sexist, antisemite, homophobe, xenoohobe, or what have you, they likely would have stuck Simone in the laundry rather than fire her or give her vacation and temporarily hire another stew. Most businesses are hard pressed to loudly and proudly refuse to serve bigots. On a yacht, we're talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars. They probably just stuck Simone below deck for a week or two.

23 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

On the tease for next week's episode she looked like she was seizing or passed out on the beach blanket...but then the two deckhands loaded her on the skiff, guessing to go to the Valor.

The nearest dock might not be reachable by tender. Plus the crew only has short range radios. I'm sure Valor probably contacted a water ambulance. From the moment she stepped on board, they should have called a doctor. At the very least, served her watered down Gatorade, Powerade, or Pedialyte. If they didn't have that, they could have served her slightly salted agua frescas to electrolytically rebalance her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

Kate & Ben hooked up between her first & second season-he was cheating on his girlfriend with Kat during Kate’s first season. Her second season was the Leon season & Ben was only there two charters & they were fine (I just rewatched the end of that season this weekend).  

Courtney’s complaining & aversion to work is extremely obnoxious but she doesn’t owe Brian anything. 

I don’t bang any of my coworkers & in fact date outside of my workplace. Guess I’m horrible like Kate & Courtney too. 

Uh, I never said Courtney was horrible for not banging Brian. I said she was rude and arrogant to the guy when he was just lightly flirting with her. Just laugh it off and move on, geez. 
I wouldn’t date co-workers either, esp in such close quarters. I said the issue is that she’s uppity and dismissive. 

• Love 1

Simone seems like a beautiful and cheerful person. Compare her behavior at the club to that useless drip Courtney. The only person who seemed to relate to Simone and treat her right was Ashton as they danced at the club. It looked like they were having a lot of fun. I guess it is because the are both from South Africa and are simpatico.

• Love 4
On 10/15/2019 at 5:04 AM, Lizzing said:

I am way off on my own, but I really like Courtney so far.  She may hate ironing, but she seems to be doing her job otherwise. 

And likes wine and would prefer a book or nice conversation.

Doesn't sound too bad at all.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

I've only banged one coworker, we've been married for thirty years now.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, scrb said:

Uh, 20 and 10 year olds?

24 and 14 year olds?

What planet am I on that this is actually a response? 

Bizarre. Seriously so strange. Who was talking about kids?! 

10 hours ago, KLJ said:

Well obviously not, because that would be illegal.  I think people are referring to actual ADULTS.

Thank you!! 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 7
On 10/15/2019 at 7:20 PM, SevenCostanza said:

I was thinking withdrawl from something.  It was not just alcohol.   From the previews for the next episode she looks pretty bad.   I hope she gets the help she needs.

On 10/15/2019 at 8:23 PM, humbleopinion said:

I wonder if they'd ever refuse a guest from boarding/or remove a guest from the boat, if they look as bad as this woman looks.  I mean, during the Welcome Aboard line-up, they probably didn't notice a thing, but it seems that it was pretty obvious shortly after that.  

I don't know that I'd want someone so badly in need of medical help aboard my boat if I were the captain.

Yeah, yeah... I know the primary charter guests are paying a ton of money, but common sense has to prevail at some point, because at what point will they be hauling a dead body off of the boat??   

If a guest has such bad decision making skills, they need more than a vacation.

I hope this woman will be ok. I'm not judging her; I'm just wondering what, if any, the boat owner and captain have responsibility for the guests' well being. I know in past seasons the deck crew and captain have said that they're responsible for the guests' safety while they're out using the water toys.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ShowsILoveToHate said:

I wonder if they'd ever refuse a guest from boarding/or remove a guest from the boat, if they look as bad as this woman looks.  I mean, during the Welcome Aboard line-up, they probably didn't notice a thing, but it seems that it was pretty obvious shortly after that.  

Aren't people prohibited from boarding airplanes when they are that drunk?   Yeah, they don't pay as much money for a plane ticket as a yacht excursion, but ....

It would be interesting to know what standard (i.e., not on television) practice is for situations like this.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, NannyBails said:

Aren't people prohibited from boarding airplanes when they are that drunk?   Yeah, they don't pay as much money for a plane ticket as a yacht excursion, but ....

Commercial flights but what that means is based on the crew and people at the desk but it’s basically nonexistent on private planes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 10/16/2019 at 11:55 AM, Special K said:

I'm a fan of Kate's, but it seemed to me that they both, Kevin and Kate, started off by being inexcusably rude to each other.  It seemed odd to me watching it -- most people at least make an attempt to be courteous initially in a professional setting.  It makes me wonder if the producers didn't ask them to behave rudely for the drama.

Like the thing with the label maker -- wasn't he just asking if she had one?  Just say, "no, I don't think we have one," and move on.  I don't understand how that turned into a hair-pull and an indictment on his character. 

And I thought it pretty un-called-for that he would call her out at the tip meeting, especially after just one charter with two inexperienced stews, instead of at least trying to sort things with her first.  It would be more profitable with Kate, for one thing, and we all know Capt. Lee well enough to know that that kind of thing does not sit well with him.

Based on the fact that they bothered to show us Lee's deadpan face when Kevin mentioned that, I predict Kevin doesn't last the whole season.

I posted earlier, there is a video on Bravotv of Kate and Kevin giving a tour of how they stock provisions. They are very friendly, having fun, acting like crew mates that get along well. 

Always have to remember that so much of this is edited storylines. 

A theme in Below Decks is always the chief stew versus the Chef. And here we go. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, ShowsILoveToHate said:

I don't know that I'd want someone so badly in need of medical help aboard my boat if I were the captain.

Yeah, yeah... I know the primary charter guests are paying a ton of money, but common sense has to prevail at some point, because at what point will they be hauling a dead body off of the boat??   

If a guest has such bad decision making skills, they need more than a vacation.

I hope this woman will be ok. I'm not judging her; I'm just wondering what, if any, the boat owner and captain have responsibility for the guests' well being. I know in past seasons the deck crew and captain have said that they're responsible for the guests' safety while they're out using the water toys.

I don't know if you ever have seen season one. But it is a good one... One of the stews had found "white powder" and a dollar bill while she was cleaning. This group were headed to St. Barts. Capt. Lee turned that yacht around and kicked  all the guests off the ship.

Edited by Thisgirllovespasta
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, ShowsILoveToHate said:

It was kind of shocking how her friends were going about the boarding/boat tour as if nothing was really wrong, when their friend was incoherently moaning and unable to stand.  Seemed like more than just alcohol to me -- perhaps a drug/alcohol interaction?

I guess we'll find out this week...

42 minutes ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

I don't know if you ever have seen season one. But it is a good one... One of the stews had found "white powder" and a dollar bill while she was cleaning. This group were headed to St. Barts. Capt. Lee turned that yacht around and kicked the all the guests off the ship.

OMG, really!?! 

20 minutes ago, Special K said:

It was kind of shocking how her friends were going about the boarding/boat tour as if nothing was really wrong, when their friend was incoherently moaning and unable to stand.  Seemed like more than just alcohol to me -- perhaps a drug/alcohol interaction?

OMG, really!?! 

oh yeah!!!! I am not sure if it is available on line at bravo anymore. But I am sure you can find it some where. It is called Cool Your Jets.

Captain Lee said on Watch what happens live that the woman was actually the worst guest and just wait until next weeks episode. 😮

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

I don't know if you ever have seen season one. But it is a good one... One of the stews had found "white powder" and a dollar bill while she was cleaning. This group were headed to St. Barts. Capt. Lee turned that yacht around and kicked the all the guests off the ship.

51 minutes ago, Special K said:

OMG, really!?! 

I know!!!! I couldn’t believe that the other guests were not surprised, shocked, or even very concerned about her!!!!

26 minutes ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

oh yeah!!!! I am not sure if it is available on line at bravo anymore. But I am sure you can find it some where. It is called Cool Your Jets.

Captain Lee said on Watch what happens live that the woman was actually the worst guest and just wait until next weeks episode. 😮

YES!! I know that episode because my DVR somehow picked up old episodes recently.  
Captain Lee said that if drugs were found on the boat that they could be fined, the boat owner fined, and all the crew too, if I remember correctly. 

Looking forward to next week’s episode! 🍿

PS: That episode is available OnDemand on Bravo. 

Edited by ShowsILoveToHate
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

I don't know if you ever have seen season one. But it is a good one... One of the stews had found "white powder" and a dollar bill while she was cleaning. This group were headed to St. Barts. Capt. Lee turned that yacht around and kicked  all the guests off the ship.

3 hours ago, ShowsILoveToHate said:

Captain Lee said that if drugs were found on the boat that they could be fined, the boat owner fined, and all the crew too, if I remember correctly. 

It was Kat who found the cocaine. Lee kicks them off to protect them all from law enforcement because he wanted to protect their licenses and careers and prevent the boat from being impounded by law enforcement.

Whereas I think things are a little different with this woman. There's a life saving/health & safety section of the captains exam. Her traveling companions did not notify the captain or crew of the woman's medical condition. After observation the crew, attempted to provide assistance. If her condition gets worse, as long as they contact medical professionals Lee and the crew are probably fine. As long as what you've done to alleviate the situation is reasonable, you're probably A-OK.

• Love 3
On 10/17/2019 at 8:00 PM, Sage47 said:

What planet am I on that this is actually a response? 

Bizarre. Seriously so strange. Who was talking about kids?! 

Seriously! Why go there? Sure. A 36 year old dating a 26 year old is comparable to a 20 year old dating a 10 year old. Wtf?

Can I just say I HATE the term "Cougar". It can go away anytime. My fiance is 16 years younger than me. I am not and have never considered myself a "cougar". I'm just a person who happened to fall in love with someone younger. (Don't worry. I'm not a 30 year old engaged to a 14 year old)

• Love 20
On 10/16/2019 at 9:35 AM, Sampson said:

I haven't seen Hannah interrupt a guest's proposal, what a huge blunder Kate made. What the hell was she thinking?? She didn't even have the sense to be embarrassed by her shitty service during the proposal.

How the hell was Kate supposed to know what they were talking about when she walked up to their table, doing her job. This is an example of why they should have had a practice run through like Kate suggested.  

• Love 2
On 10/20/2019 at 3:14 PM, CatMomma said:

Seriously! Why go there? Sure. A 36 year old dating a 26 year old is comparable to a 20 year old dating a 10 year old. Wtf?

Can I just say I HATE the term "Cougar". It can go away anytime. My fiance is 16 years younger than me. I am not and have never considered myself a "cougar". I'm just a person who happened to fall in love with someone younger. (Don't worry. I'm not a 30 year old engaged to a 14 year old)

YES CatMomma!! I’m so with you-age is irrelevant, it’s who you vibe with! Close minded people sure miss out on some amazing connections. 

Congrats on your engagement and wishing you much future happiness!! 

• Love 1
On 10/16/2019 at 4:52 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

She seems both beautiful and fun. How is it that she doesn’t get any action from the dudes on the deck crew?

Maybe she has standards.

Kevin should have met with Kate on his own to discuss service.  Show some respect.

• Love 1