Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/14/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, bannana said:

Abby is really thick.  They played the clips that clearly showed what Mulvaney said.  And then Abby concluded that it was open to interpretation.

Really, Abby?  And if this had happened under Obama's watch - what then?  Still "open to interpretation"?  If someone is genuinely stupid, well, what can you do?  But playing stupid because you don't want to admit that what you heard is what was said is another thing entirely.

• Love 19
31 minutes ago, bannana said:

Abby is really thick.  They played the clips that clearly showed what Mulvaney said.  And then Abby concluded that it was open to interpretation.

28 minutes ago, Homily said:

Really, Abby?  And if this had happened under Obama's watch - what then?  Still "open to interpretation"?  If someone is genuinely stupid, well, what can you do?  But playing stupid because you don't want to admit that what you heard is what was said is another thing entirely.

The term willfully ignorant comes to mind.

• Love 17
55 minutes ago, bannana said:

Sunny looked great today but I hate her cutesy persona, and she was smiling too damn much (boy do I sound like a grouch!).

You don't sound like a grouch. Sunny has always been entirely too sappy for me.

I don't need to her about her fantastic kids, great husband, healthy parents, excellent job...and everything else in her wonderful world.

It's not always going to be that way. What is she going to say then???

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I hold my hands over my ears when I watch the show.  I can't stand that yodeling/mooing.

I set my DVR to start two minutes after the beginning of the show so I don’t have to watch them walk out and listen to Whoopee’s nonsense.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

No parent gets away with crimes simply because they propagated. 

That wasn't my comment at all.  The perps should be punished, but we can/should still be concerned about the families left behind: the financial struggles, judgmental classmates/neighbors, etc., the humiliation (often for a lifetime), the stigma...another lifetime--especially if you're a Junior or a III.  (Unless one's surname is Trump)

8 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

I set my DVR to start two minutes after the beginning of the show so I don’t have to watch them walk out and listen to Whoopee’s nonsense.

Ever since we got the "improved" Contour system, we have ONE option about start times: One Minute Earlier!  That's it.   We can extend ending times up to five minutes.   😮😮😮

• Love 2
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

I truly think she's been taking classes for.a.long.time because she wants to be an ac-TOR!  Her "View Your Deal" days are comically over-the-top.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I truly think she's been taking classes for.a.long.time because she wants to be an ac-TOR!  Her "View Your Deal" days are comically over-the-top.

I never watch VYD and I guess that is a good thing!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

She's very nice,  I've always liked her. Sunny is wearing  one of her dresses she designed,  and loves the way it cinches her waist (her teeny tiny waist. ) Ana asked, what waist..lol

Sunny, I know that cake is all about the chickens,  but no thanks..pass. Sunny asked Victoria  how she knows the female body so well, I mean this is a smart lady? Wth? I burst out laughing,  Victoria is a female, of course she knows ..pffft!!!

I’ve been a fan of hers since the Spice Girls. Lol I love that Sunny wore a dress of hers.

That’s funny! You’d think they’d have better questions for her. In Sunny’s defense, some women do know what is flattering to the female body in its various shapes and sizes better than others. 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

I think Sunny was just thankful, for all she has. I'm not a huge fan of hers, but some birthdays are a time for reflection . Had Joy let her finish,  all Sunny was trying to say, was she grew up with struggles,  moreso where she lived, and she worked herself up to a good life. We don't know it wont always be like that, but I'm sure she'll  deal with anything  thrown her way.

Happy Birthday Sunny ! 

Exactly. I thought Sunny was just trying to be positive about all she has and how far she got in life instead of being sad she was a year older.

6 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Joy has seemed a little grouchy /short tempered since she got back.

LOL I love Joy but noticed this. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Joy has seemed a little grouchy /short tempered since she got back.

I think Joy has seemed over the show and nearly everyone there these past three weeks. Don't blame her with the way ABC's treated her the past two years in regards to McCain.

• Love 15

I saw Victoria Beckham on an episode of James Corden's show last year and was really surprised that she wasn't all frown-y.  When I was looking up her makeup during the show a link with this quote popped up as well - 

Victoria Beckham has finally shared the story behind her infamous poker face.

“I want to be honest. In the past, I’ve probably hidden behind my armor,” Beckham revealed in Glamour U.K.’s Autumn/Winter issue. “The not smiling publicly, for instance. There’s less of that now.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, OnTime said:

I don't need to her about her fantastic kids, great husband, healthy parents, excellent job...and everything else in her wonderful world.

U mean the one that'd like to see her naked ALL the time? 🙄

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

It would be nice to have Ana with no Megun or Whoopi every Friday, but no VYDs so there'd be more time for Ana to talk for more than 2 minutes total.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

I saw Victoria Beckham on an episode of James Corden's show last year and was really surprised that she wasn't all frown-y.  When I was looking up her makeup during the show a link with this quote popped up as well - 

I was a huge Spice Girl fan back in the day (still am honestly) and I vaguely remember her saying back then that she was a self conscious about her smile too,so she just didn’t really do it publicly. Plus that whole ice queen thing was part of the manufactured pop persona, I think. She’s always been very personable in interviews though, and I think she doesn’t take herself that seriously. I always though she was the funniest part of that “Spice World” movie too😁

• Love 8

I rarely hear TVYD, or what ever they are called. Usually start doing something else.

Nevertheless - when one finds a line of cosmetics they love, why would they mess it up with others? How many totes does one need?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

That wasn't my comment at all.  The perps should be punished, but we can/should still be concerned about the families left behind: the financial struggles, judgmental classmates/neighbors, etc., the humiliation (often for a lifetime), the stigma...another lifetime--especially if you're a Junior or a III.  (Unless one's surname is Trump)

Ever since we got the "improved" Contour system, we have ONE option about start times: One Minute Earlier!  That's it.   We can extend ending times up to five minutes.   😮😮😮

Of course, I completely agree.  This has gone on and on when my point was a predator has gone unexposed simply because he has children, probably even grown at this point, and Alyssa feels sorry for them.  My point was the prisons are loaded with parents.  By "no one" caring about those children, I was referring to society in general, as well as the criminal system, not individual people.  This will be my last post on this topic.

On 10/18/2019 at 2:31 PM, OnTime said:

It's not always going to be that way. What is she going to say then???

I didn't take it as bragging or boastful.  I took at as being thankful and sharing that just because she didn't come from a privileged background she worked hard and has accomplished so much. Thankful is all I took away from that.  It is nice to hear a positive thankful person.  

• Love 19

I didn't notice Joy being grouchy. If she was, however, I wonder if it had to do with her being robbed. That would be a downer for anybody. I'm just glad she's back. Sunny's birthday was such a breath of fresh air - no whoops and no me-again! HEAVEN!!!

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I didn't take it as bragging or boastful.  I took at as being thankful and sharing that just because she didn't come from a privileged background she worked hard and has accomplished so much. Thankful is all I took away from that.  It is nice to hear a positive thankful person.  

I took it at that too...although I'd like to hear from some of her relatives if her early life was really that "hard."  I lived in a housing project too, and was embarrassed because I knew it meant we were poor (it was a new experience).  Aside from that, it was great--lots of kids...lots of freedom (most parents were at work).  We were never hungry or dirty AND we went to Catholic school (thanks to loans from Postal Finance...to the person who never wanted to hear that again).

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 10/18/2019 at 12:10 PM, RealHousewife said:

I haven’t watched today’s episode yet, but I do like Victoria Beckham. She isn’t smiley, but I do think she’s lovely, kind and can be pretty funny too.

I read somewhere that Victoria says she doesn't like her smile, so she doesn't smile for pictures, but, that she is a happy person.  Who knows if that is true, but, it seemed like a quote.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

I took it at that too...although I'd like to hear from some of her relatives if her early life was really that "hard."  I lived in a housing project too, and was embarrassed because I knew it meant we were poor (it was a new experience).  Aside from that, it was great--lots of kids...lots of freedom (most parents were at work).  We were never hungry or dirty AND we went to Catholic school (thanks to loans from Postal Finance...to the person who never wanted to hear that again).

I personally don't need testimony from Sunny's family to prove how easy or hard her life was. Everyone has their personal struggles.  Being a person of color in this country  is complicated no matter what. Sunny grew up without all the privilege and wealth that Meghan did and somehow manages to not be a scowling miserable angry woman everyday on TV. I appreciate that. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I personally don't need testimony from Sunny's family to prove how easy or hard her life was. Everyone has their personal struggles.  Being a person of color in this country  is complicated no matter what. Sunny grew up without all the privilege and wealth that Meghan did and somehow manages to not be a scowling miserable angry woman everyday on TV. I appreciate that. 

Amen x 1000000. 

• Love 8
On 10/18/2019 at 3:31 PM, HaaCHOO said:

The perps should be punished, but we can/should still be concerned about the families left behind: the financial struggles, judgmental classmates/neighbors, etc., the humiliation (often for a lifetime), the stigma...another lifetime--especially if you're a Junior or a III. 

I would say it’s the obligation of the parent to ensure that no harm comes to their children. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Exactly. Many people take their prosperity, health, and family for granted. Not everyone has a successful career, a happy marriage, and kids they adore. I am happy for Sunny and love how positive she is. Joy may have meant not everyone has Sunny's intelligence, which is true. And I do think a little luck helps with gigs like The View. But I get where Sunny was coming from. She worked very hard. She didn't exactly grow up like Meghan or Abby.

• Love 9
On 10/18/2019 at 11:27 PM, Sarah Heart said:

I wish Sunny had said, and  who peed in your cornflakes..lol

Hah funny  😄  Joy may have been jet lagged too.i know that makes me a bitch and thats only going from CO to NY lol

• Love 2
On 10/18/2019 at 6:14 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

I think Joy has seemed over the show and nearly everyone there these past three weeks. Don't blame her with the way ABC's treated her the past two years in regards to McCain.

Yup.  She's  probably burnt out having to deal with bitchface every day.  All the while knowing your own PTB do not have your back and make someone grow the fuck up.  Sorry I'm getting more and more pissed as i continue so i am going to stop.  First, a thought. They should give Joy an extended time off, Im talking like  month or two.  Would suck for us but be great for her.  Maybe a drink wine, eat and love trip heh.  But for her to reenergize is the point.  Ok now done.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Dahlia said:

I like that idea but for the shebeast meagain instead   That would make Joy happy and millions of others. Win-win 😄

I would agree of course.  Anyday with out MM is a happy day.  But i think its Joy we are more in danger of losing.  Just getting fed up for the last time, shred her note cards, throw hands in the air and say fuck it.  Behar OuT!  And MM would just sit back and smile that shit eatin grin 'yeah i did that. Chased off the Democrat,  couldnt take the heat'  yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada.  She would be insufferable.  The only hope would be if MM did it instead of Joy, and during that time discovered a new passion, and comes back for one day to annouce her exit.  Pipe dreams, i know.  OmG can you imagine the audience screaming and clapping and dancing in the aisles when the announcement is made.  It would be total chaos hah!  The only problem with this scenario is that anything bad or mean about MM seems to trigger that Mama Bear protective side of Whoopi, and then she'll start defending MM.  Anyway like I said....pipe dreams.  Break out rhe hookah!

• Love 2