Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/14/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She and Shannen made up shortly after Shannen's breast cancer diagnosis. And Shannen being difficult on set is behavior that is over two decades old.

And I didn't say this was recent history.  Their feud went on for a long time, as well as Shannen's feud with members of 90210.

• Love 3

Meghan says -  "His problem right now is that social media, right now everyone can see the atrocities that are happening in Syria with the Kurds; it's all over social media."

So if not for social media Trump would be okay?  That's such a weird way for her to frame it.  It's being reported in the news media, print and electronic, the same way atrocities have been reported for decades, if not hundreds of years (newspapers).

(I wasn't sure when newspapers started, so I looked it up, and found that the first American newspaper was printed in Boston in 1690.  Interestingly it was called Publick Occurrences Both Forreign and Domestick.) 

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 4
  • Love 12
56 minutes ago, Tosia said:

It's not  much of a stretch for the director or camera person to show Mehgun at her worst---slumped over posture, hoisting her girth on to the high chair, grimacing at the audience, narrowing her overly-madeup squinty eyes, twitching her upper lip, reddening ears and chest, frowning in faux' constirnation at any comment that smacks of left-leaning ideas or doesn't kiss her ass, (although I believe her angry frowns are actually the physical manifestation of her wee brain trying desperately to remember what hubbie told her to say, as well as mis-using/pronouncing the big words she never heard of until reading them on hubbie-dictated blue cards,---as opposed to any intense concentration on her part to understand another person's point of view), and the arms folded in her best  poseur protest over any talk of sex or motherhood or kids or anything not immediately applicable to MM's fetal politically- infused life of pundintry, and finally the full-on screeching or yelling at cohosts--less than 2 feet away--(bless you a thousand fold, Ana, for speaking up to her Snowflakiness on this point), and the indignant, entitled harrumphing when Arizona 's thorniest cactus is shut down by Miss Worst Moderator Ever and , lest we forget --haha,  EGOT. 

Nope, not a stretch by any means.  

having been to the View, I feel qualified to answer this.  there are 5 cameras on the floor one for each of the ladies, and a couple in the walls at the back of the small studio.  There is always a camera on a host, the back cameras are taping the wide shots.  The director is in the booth, looking at all 5-10 cameras and chooses what goes on TV.  The director does NOT like MM.  

And I just love everything about your post.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 16

I've long suspected Meghan didn't consider her father's first three children as siblings, and she slipped and confirmed it.  "Both of my brothers have fought in combat."  Meghan has four brothers.

19 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I think Alyssa Milano is probably a nice person, but she does seem to say and do things for attention to the point that it’s annoying and kind of Kardashianlike. I don’t think there’s anyone out there who’s more in your face about breastfeeding. 

It does show heart that she thought a lot about whether or not to out the man who assaulted her. She thought of not only him, but his family and other people who were on set. I’m curious if she will eventually reveal who it was and if he’s assaulted other actresses. I’m like her in that I don’t want to hurt people but do understand wanting to share what’s happened to you.

And she's being too kind hearted, in my opinion.  Parents of children go to prison every single day and no one worries about the impact on their children.  It only seems to matter when it comes to the privileged.

• Love 8
Just now, lusinia said:

Meghan says -  "His problem right now is that social media, right now everyone can see the atrocities that are happening in Syria with the Kurds; it's all over social media."

Perhaps she meant more people get their news from social media. Which of course is scary and sad at the same time. 

And for Meghan it is always about the optics. And when she says things like that I think so you don't disagree with it  you just think it looks bad.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

It does show heart that she thought a lot about whether or not to out the man who assaulted her. She thought of not only him, but his family and other people who were on set. I’m curious if she will eventually reveal who it was and if he’s assaulted other actresses. I’m like her in that I don’t want to hurt people but do understand wanting to share what’s happened to you.

I think it's more likely she doesn't want the backlash from people who wouldn't believe it. And I can't blame her.  We all saw what happened to Rose McGowan and Christine Blasey Ford when they named their attackers.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Perhaps she meant more people get their news from social media.

Oh, sure, especially the younger half of the population, which, of course, since she's a part of it, is who she thinks matters most.

• Love 6

Sorry about the multiple posts, I'm watching on DVR and keep pausing to post.

I love James Spader and I finally watched Secretary a year ago, and I really loved it.  It's not nearly as controversial as it's rumored to be.  Sure there's S&M, but ultimately, it's a love story.  Two damaged people finding they match each other perfectly.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I think it's more likely she doesn't want the backlash from people who wouldn't believe it. And I can't blame her.  We all saw what happened to Rose McGowan and Christine Ford Blasey when they named their attackers.

Could be. My heart goes out to all these women. 

I know there are some who lie. But as Sonny always says, it’s such a tiny percentage. Why so many people respond with such vitriol to victims sharing their stories is beyond me. I do think there are some who are scared of being called out themselves for their own transgressions. 

• Love 18
56 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I like and respect Chelsea, too, but I just don't think it's her style to slyly insult someone and embarrass them in front of others.  Seeing her responses to haters on SM, she's always polite, poised, and pure class in how she responds.  It's why I don't think she would do well as a permanent co-host . . . not that I think she would ever even consider the job.   Also, Meghan is always incredibly thin-skinned and sees slights where they don't exist.   Meghan did not react negatively.

Personally, I got the impression that Chelsea and Abby had already had this type of discussion back stage, or at a previous time, and that's why Chelsea only mentioned Abby.

true - I bow to thee..... you are right.  

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I know there are some who lie. But as Sonny always says, it’s such a tiny percentage. Why so many people respond with such vitriol to victims sharing their stories is beyond me. I do think there are some who are scared of being called out themselves for their own transgressions. 

I understand her having difficulty at the time it was a terrible situation and there was  a 17- 22 years age difference and stature in the business. If the director handled it by having her go film 6 more hours he didn’t handle it. 

I have long association and volunteer for a sexual assault non profit. Even after there’s a sexual exam and kit is  done it is often hard to get some victims to go to court after the fact. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Misogyny. 

• Love 13

Megan is full of crap, although there are about  30-40 styles of Mattis for president shirts including Mad Dog 2020 only 2 single have (4) and (6) stars. A Trump Mattis hat has 3 reviews. Unless thousands have sold and not a review left I don’t know how she came up with that. 

I bet anything Joy had her purse hanging open like this old lady is guilty of.  I came across a travel journal this week from a family trip to London  and I wrote a cyclist almost hitting me called me crackers.   I think I had a better time than she did unless she’s just telling the mishaps. The former rat invested dungeon would be a must see. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Megan is full of crap, although there are about  30-40 styles of Mattis for president shirts including Mad Dog 2020 only 2 single have (4) and (6) stars. A Trump Mattis hat has 3 reviews. Unless thousands have sold and not a review left I don’t know how she came up with that. 

Thanks for checking. When Meg said it was the best selling tee shirt on amazon I figured she was lying/exaggerating/mistaken. Maybe only in red states. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 10/15/2019 at 8:12 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Strident? When I see that word, Her Twatness comes to mind. Even Whoopi. But Ronan, the few times I've seen him in interviews, as always come across as measured.

He is that, too but has edges

54 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:
1 hour ago, gatopretoNYC said:

If I was in the audience I would very obviously hold my hands over my ears when she does her stupid bellowing.

I hold my hands over my ears when I watch the show.  I can't stand that yodeling/mooing.

I keep my TV on MUTE until they've all sat down, she has done her NINE (usually) Welcomes...and turn on the sound as soon as she looks like she's reading the prompter.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Parents of children go to prison every single day and no one worries about the impact on their children. 

This is a generalization that doesn't apply to me or the people I know.  We comment often about "the poor children" or "the poor family" when learning about various DESERVED jail sentences of parents.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

If I was in the audience I would very obviously hold my hands over my ears when she does her stupid bellowing.

I was so surprised to read this because just today, as I was watching her continuous chorus of welcomes 🙄, I had the exact same thought. "If I was in that audience, I would blatantly hold my hands over my ears. Let's see what she thinks of that"

3 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I suspect Whoopi keeps it up because she knows just how much it annoys the hell out of everybody.  She's that kind of person. 

That's what I think, too. 

I really do think it annoys Joy.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I suspect Whoopi keeps it up because she knows just how much it annoys the hell out of everybody.  She's that kind of person. 

It also eats up time and requires no preparation on her part.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11
56 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

For me it shows some enthusiasm and appreciation for the audience. I wish someone else at the table cared more about the audience feeling welcome. 

I agree. It's annoying, BUT I also appreciate that she turns her chair all the way around and scans the entire audience while doing it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Tosia said:

although I believe her angry frowns are actually the physical manifestation of her wee brain trying desperately to remember what hubbie told her to say, as well as mis-using/pronouncing the big words she never heard of until reading them on hubbie-dictated blue cards,---as opposed to any intense concentration on her part to understand another person's point of view

think winnie the pooh GIF

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

Joy said that she didn't watch the show but heard that they raked Rand Paul over the coals.  (She said Ron by mistake.)  MeAgain immediately says she wasn't there.  Did she want to point out that she could have raked him over the coals if only she had been there?  But nobody mentioned Ana, who really took him on, along with the others.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Actually, we’re spared in person from that. When  I was at a few tapings..You don’t t hear her say ‘welcome to the view’ it gets drowned out by the clapping and other sounds in the studio.  And when the ladies are talking, their voices are very low. Sometimes I had to strain to hear them. 

Edited by WonderWuman73
  • Useful 6
  • Love 3

Abby: None of this is new! None of this moves the needle!

Me: 🙄🙄

This is the same woman who said she calls her husband for assistance in changing the channel though, so I guess it isn't surprising that she can't grasp the significance of what's going on.

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
On 10/16/2019 at 11:19 AM, JayD83 said:

Whoopi...we heard you screaming about these businesses and taxes.  ENOUGH ALREADY!

She always acts like she is one paycheck away from applying for welfare and I'm really starting to resent it. 

She always goes back to the refunds people used to get. I don’t think she has any understanding of how taxes work. She’s upset because her daughter isn’t getting a tax refund that she can spend on her grandchildren?  Really?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Abby: None of this is new! None of this moves the needle!

Me: 🙄🙄

This is the same woman who said she calls her husband for assistance in changing the channel though, so I guess it isn't surprising that she can't grasp the significance of what's going on.

This probably isn't going to move the needle for his base but it's going to have an influence on other voters.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

She always goes back to the refunds people used to get. I don’t think she has any understanding of how taxes work. She’s upset because her daughter isn’t getting a tax refund that she can spend on her grandchildren?  Really?  

None of what Whoopi said made sense. First of all when you prepare your taxes you know what you are supposed to get back or what you owe. So either someone did Alex's taxes and didn't tell her the truth or she was supposed to get a refund and it was held back for some reason. And as mentioned above to file taxes you have to have an income. What exactly is Alex doing to earn money? 

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 5
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:38 AM, RedheadZombie said:

Is it really applaudable to be the grandmother of 57 children?  Really?  All it means is you are extremely fertile and chose to forego birth control (or sense).  

It would be applaudable if she could say all 57 names! 

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

So it wasn’t just me scratching my head at that...

5 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

None of what Whoopi said made sense. First of all when you prepare your taxes you know what you are supposed to get back or what you owe. So either someone did Alex's taxes and didn't tell her the truth or she was supposed to get a refund and it was held back for some reason. And as mentioned above to file taxes you have to have an income. What exactly is Alex doing to earn money? 

Exactly. None of it makes sense. I thought Alex didn’t work. And who is doing her taxes? 

Does Whoopi say stuff just to try to relate to a lot of the viewers who legitimately look forward to their refunds each year? 

• Love 2

No Whoopie.  Nutty is "off" (take that any way you'd like).   Ana is there!   Forget Sunny's birthday;  it must be MY birthday!!!

I had actually forgotten how enjoyable and fun this show could be.  

Victoria Beckham seemed to be having a good time too.   Whenever I've seen her in other interviews she's uptight and glum.   Not today!  She seemed incredibly relaxed.   This particular group of ladies bring out the best in everyone.   I don't know how TPTB can't see what a negative impact MM, and to a lesser degree WG, have on viewers.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
Just now, RealHousewife said:

Does Whoopi say stuff just to try to relate to a lot of the viewers who legitimately look forward to their refunds each year? 

All it made me think is Whoopi didn't offer to send her grandkids to camp.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I keep my TV on MUTE until they've all sat down, she has done her NINE (usually) Welcomes...and turn on the sound as soon as she looks like she's reading the prompter.

My cue is when Whoopi raises her arms up like she's Moses parting the Red Sea.

18 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

This is a generalization that doesn't apply to me or the people I know.  We comment often about "the poor children" or "the poor family" when learning about various DESERVED jail sentences of parents.

Society in general does not care.  No parent gets away with crimes simply because they propagated.  All of the celebrity predators that have made the headlines have children.  Such is life.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

No Whoopie.  Nutty is "off" (take that any way you'd like).   Ana is there!   Forget Sunny's birthday;  it must be MY birthday!!!

I had actually forgotten how enjoyable and fun this show could be.  

Victoria Beckham seemed to be having a good time too.   Whenever I've seen her in other interviews she's uptight and glum.   Not today!  She seemed incredibly relaxed.   This particular group of ladies bring out the best in everyone.   I don't know how TPTB can't see what a negative impact MM, and to a lesser degree WG, have on viewers.

What I appreciate about Victoria is she seems self-aware.  I remember an interview where she said she knows she looks like "a miserable cow" in pictures.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I've always liked Victoria Beckham. The Spice Girls were so long ago, but she and Halliwell were always my favorites growing up. What a shame they only had two albums before they broke up.

This episode wasn't as bad as I expected for another birthday celebration. I think everyone was excited to have a day talking about topics without McCain there to scream and be hateful af to everyone.

• Love 16

Joy seemed rather impatient with Sunny's cutesy/humble  act today.  When Sunny said that if a girl like her could make it to this table from the Bronx, anyone can, and Joy said:  not really.  There was another point where Joy said:  whatever.  And of course when Sunny asked Posh how is it she can no a woman's body so well, wasn't it Joy who said: she's a woman.  Joy also told her to quit talking about her perfect life because people will get jealous.

Sunny looked great today but I hate her cutesy persona, and she was smiling too damn much (boy do I sound like a grouch!).

Abby is really thick.  They played the clips that clearly showed what Mulvaney said.  And then Abby concluded that it was open to interpretation.

• LOL 11
  • Love 6