Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/14/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

Monday, Oct. 14 – Ronan Farrow (author, “Catch and Kill”); “View Your Deal” with Gretta Monahan

Tuesday, Oct. 15 – Rachael Ray (“Rachael Ray”; “Rachael Ray 50: Memories and Meals from a Sweet and Savory Life”) 

Wednesday, Oct. 16 – Chelsea Clinton guest co-hosts; Alyssa Milano (author, “Project Middle School (Alyssa Milano’s Hope #1)”)

Thursday, Oct. 17 – James Spader (“The Blacklist”)

Friday, Oct. 18 – “The View” celebrates Sunny Hostin’s birthday; Victoria Beckham (“Victoria Beckham Beauty”); Common performs (album, “Let Love”)

• Love 5

Interesting that Chelsea Clinton's there again so soon. Maybe they might hire a liberal "daughter of" to take one of Abby's or McCain's seats...? I kid. I'd rather they just fired the Republican daughters and got women with their own careers to lean on instead.

A decent guest list though. Looking forward to her, Farrow, Beckham, and Milano.

• Love 10

Meh.  Chelsea would be interesting but she's so cautious with her words that she seems stilted.  She doesn't have a natural ease to be on a panel discussion.

Boring lineup next week.  Farrow will be all about Matt Lauer.  And like I said earlier, I find birthday episodes tedious.

• Love 14
12 hours ago, Haleth said:

Meh.  Chelsea would be interesting but she's so cautious with her words that she seems stilted.  She doesn't have a natural ease to be on a panel discussion.

Boring lineup next week.  Farrow will be all about Matt Lauer.  And like I said earlier, I find birthday episodes tedious.

They should play I Feel Pretty when Sunny walks out Friday 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Right, Meg, that disgusting video is all about you and your outrage over people tweeting you. 🙄

She was snappy towards her BFF Abby, too. 

"I don't care about the kids growing up - I mean I do, but..."

LOL

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

Am i the only one getting a Caitlyn Jenner vibe from Ronan?   Not that there's anything wrong with that.   Before they introduced him, I thought is was another woman sitting at the table.   He sure is good looking.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

LOL

That, and poor Abby was just saying she was grateful her kids are too young to be exposed to things like this video, (and she doesn't have to explain it to them), which is perfectly understandable, and I'm sure is what many parents of young children feel, and Meghan's all, "It's not even about that because I'm old enough to understand it".

• Love 11

Sunny, the bangs in your eyes don't make you look young or cute; constantly touching/blinking them out of the way makes you look like an airhead.

Joy will be back on Thursday "if you're good", said Whoopi.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

Am i the only one getting a Caitlyn Jenner vibe from Ronan?   Not that there's anything wrong with that.   Before they introduced him, I thought is was another woman sitting at the table.   He sure is good looking.

Before the camera came in closer and you could see his tan t-shirt, I thought he wasn't wearing anything under his blazer.

He's always had gorgeous skin.  He may have a tiny bit of blush on, but he's just one of those men, like Rob Lowe, who are very "pretty". 

59 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I'm thinking I might purchase the book as well. I didn't know that Ann Curry was interviewed for it.

I've always enjoyed reading his articles, so I may get the book as well.  I checked Amazon, and it's long - 464 pages.

42 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I was listening closely, since I was hoping she would say why Joy was out again, but I thought Whoopie said "if we're good".  Either way, I took it her addressing the panel, and maybe or maybe not including herself. 

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

LOL

Enh. I agreed with Meghan (🤤). We're living in horrible times, and the children aren't the only ones suffering. As much as I mock McDaddy, [tm someone on this board] I too would be disgusted if the President of the United States seemed to approve of a video that was doctored to show the gruesome murder of someone I loved. I get that Abby wanted to say something, but she didn't have anything useful to say, so she broke out the ol' reliable "as-a-mother" speech.

season 8 GIF 

I hope the ladies DO continue to discuss deadly overpolicing of Black people, and I hope they have an insightful discussion about why this keeps happening. Evidently, it's not as important to ABCNews as View Your Deal, but it's vital to the well-being of a free society.

• Love 16

How many times can Abby and Meghan mention they worked at Fox? Fox, Fox Fox, we get it. If they loved it so much why aren't they still there? Meghan couldn't let Ronan give NBC a compliment without bringing up Fox and how "quickly" heads rolled.

Then Abby at the end of the interview : we saw that first hand at Fox. 🤨

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 17
11 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Ronan Farrow is a physically beautiful man, period!!!!  (And very smart, to boot.)

Haven't seen the show yet.  Is he tiny...like his mom and his dad (whomever it's determined to be)?

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, lusinia said:

I've always enjoyed reading his articles, so I may get the book as well.  I checked Amazon, and it's long - 464 pages.

Yikes!  I have the audiobook on hold at the digital library; Rowan is the narrator.

• Love 2

5 ft 10  Hachoo 

I’ve always liked and been fascinated by him.  I taped his GMA interview and don’t like what he had going on with back of his hair. ( fine today)  He’s much more relaxed and animated at the table than on GMA, just different setting. 

Megan is waving her red hands around again  

VYD again??? 

Edited by athousandclowns
Update
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

5 ft 10  Hachoo 

I’ve always liked and been fascinated by him.  I taped his GMA interview and don’t like what he’s got going on with back of his hair.

Megan is waving her red hands around again  

It appears to me that he is wearing a wig.  His hair is too stiff in the back, always a sign.  He is a beautiful man.  He favors his mom but I can see a little Frank in there, too. 

Edited by Trapeze
  • Love 4
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:08 AM, Haleth said:

And like I said earlier, I find birthday episodes tedious.

Gosh, enough of the birthday "episodes". They don't need to be an "episode". 

Just say Happy Birthday and move on with a cake at the end of the show. The birthday person can say the "Enjoy the View" closing thing.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Sunny, the bangs in your eyes don't make you look young or cute; constantly touching/blinking them out of the way makes you look like an airhead.

Her total hair do is NOT good.  I think she would look better with a short or medium length style.  The puffs on the sides today are out of control. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, tribeca said:

Not poor Sarah her special guest for her bday was her husband 

Not only that, but, Jeda announced her departure, everyone was pissed,  and, they all walked off stage after View Your Deal, leaving Sarah alone to close the show. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Ronan is only 31, stays out of the sun and moisturizes, so his skin looks great.  

He's smart, attractive, doing good work and his partner, Jon Lovett of Pod Save America and Lovett or Leave It (CrookedMedia podcasts), is impressive as well. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
51 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Gosh, enough of the birthday "episodes". They don't need to be an "episode". 

Just say Happy Birthday and move on with a cake at the end of the show. The birthday person can say the "Enjoy the View" closing thing.

or have it replace those dreadful view your deal segments at the end

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, Trapeze said:

Her total hair do is NOT good.  I think she would look better with a short or medium length style.  The puffs on the sides today are out of control. 

I just don't get the way they kind of wave in and out from below her chin to end of the curl - just looks unfinished to me and distracting.  A nice bob would look more flattering.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meg’s misused word of the day:  She told Ronan that we are all engulfed by the  story rather than engrossed. 

Ha ha - it made me think of David Sedaris' book When You are Engulfed in Flames.

I also laughed when the camera operator focused on Megun squint-scowling at Ronan, with her eyelids engulfed in mascara, eyeliner and fake eyelashes.  Was  she waiting for him to say something liberal so she could stab him with her filet knife?  Or was she just puzzled by what she was seeing, like a 6-month-old watching someone on a unicycle for the first time?

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

A nice bob would look more flattering.

OH, if she only would!  But she's so sexy, so Latina, so young and beautiful, that only a long, L-O-N-G hairstyle (enhanced with highlights and extensions) will do.  If she's this HOT at fifty, think how much better she'll be at SIXTY!!!

Ronan is only 31, stays out of the sun and moisturizes, so his skin looks great.  

Maybe he's a vampire.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

He was a child prodigy - from The Washington Post -

[He] began Bard College at the age of 11 — yes 11 — and graduated at 15.

and..."Farrow is a graduate of Yale Law School and a member of the New York Bar. He conducted doctoral research at Oxford University, where he was a Rhodes Scholar."

That really makes me question the comments about Frank Sinatra's being his "real dad."

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

Didn't Whoopi announce to Sunny that she looks good?  Sunny was all

happy puppet GIF

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

I also laughed when the camera operator focused on Megun squint-scowling at Ronan, with her eyelids engulfed in mascara, eyeliner and fake eyelashes.  Was  she waiting for him to say something liberal so she could stab him with her filet knife?  Or was she just puzzled by what she was seeing, like a 6-month-old watching someone on a unicycle for the first time?

This has to be the post of the day.   Hilarious......and yet completely true!  
I am engulfed by it.

48 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

OH, if she only would!  But she's so sexy, so Latina, so young and beautiful, that only a long, L-O-N-G hairstyle (enhanced with highlights and extensions) will do.  If she's this HOT at fifty, think how much better she'll be at SIXTY!!!

She doesn't dare cut that hair.   Manny might start making goo goo eyes at some woman with longer locks.   Those yard-long curls are her perceived insurance policy.  

Edited by Ladyrain
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

This has to be the post of the day.   Hilarious......and yet completely true!  
I am engulfed by it.

She doesn't dare cut that hair.   Manny might start making goo goo eyes at some woman with longer locks.   Those yard-long curls are her perceived insurance policy.  

So, that is her real hair and not just a bunch of extensions? huh

If Manny loves it, fine, but she can wear it back or up or something more attractive. She is a beautiful woman but all I can see is how bad those long coily things look.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Really? Wow.

Yes.  I felt horrible for her.  It began with her surprise guests being her husband and son who she had just left at home and got increasingly worse as the show went on.  It was obvious that Jeda had gotten fired and everyone was pissed off the entire show.  Then, at the end of View Your Deal poor Sarah was alone on the stage; everyone else was gone. Of course, they may have known Megs was Jeda’s replacement which would be enough to piss anyone off.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, cinsays said:

So, that is her real hair and not just a bunch of extensions? huh. 

Oh, I have no idea for sure, but just assumed some of it is fake.   But men are clueless about this stuff.   Big boobs, big hair.   If any of that is faux, Manny most likely thinks its all pure Sunny.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Ronan Farrow looks like a handsome woman. 

I don’t think I’ll be buying the book, though. I get the feeling he’s never had sex, and that mixed with the obvious Woody Allen thing, makes this endeavor to “expose” sexual predators a little precious. I get the feeling he’s going to write down whatever a “victim” tells him, and that doesn’t make me trust his instincts as a journalist.

Meghan getting all huffy about that stupid video someone made where they superimposed his face on a shooter was rich. And Whoopi saying Trump hasn’t condemned it yet was equally stupid.

You can’t trash talk the President day-in, day-out and expect him to be exquisitely sensitive to your feelings. Whoopi you won’t even say his name. The media constantly goes after him for being sexist, racist, xenophobic, etc. So he’s supposed to rush out to defend a group of people who hate him? 

And Meghan, once again, these people arguing with you on social media DO NOT LIKE YOU. They think you’re a turncoat, approval-seeking, spoiled rich girl who isn’t as smart or tough as she thinks she is. So by them “defending” the video, they’re saying FUCK YOU. WE DON’T LIKE YOU. WE HOPE YOUR FEELINGS ARE HURT. It has nothing to do with conservatives being hypocrites.

Of course, they may find it ironic that the media is so scandalized by the video while constantly attacking Trump with seemingly no regard for what a crazy person might think or say or do after being inundated with negative coverage every day. But that isn’t an endorsement, and had the shoe been on the other foot with Obama, Meghan’s right that conservatives would be outraged. The question is, though, would liberals give two shits about “conservatives being outraged” or would they shrug it off? 

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, 27bored said:

Ronan Farrow looks like a handsome woman. 

I don’t think I’ll be buying the book, though. I get the feeling he’s never had sex, and that mixed with the obvious Woody Allen thing, makes this endeavor to “expose” sexual predators a little precious. I get the feeling he’s going to write down whatever a “victim” tells him, and that doesn’t make me trust his instincts as a journalist.

Meghan getting all huffy about that stupid video someone made where they superimposed his face on a shooter was rich. And Whoopi saying Trump hasn’t condemned it yet was equally stupid.

You can’t trash talk the President day-in, day-out and expect him to be exquisitely sensitive to your feelings. Whoopi you won’t even say his name. The media constantly goes after him for being sexist, racist, xenophobic, etc. So he’s supposed to rush out to defend a group of people who hate him? 

And Meghan, once again, these people arguing with you on social media DO NOT LIKE YOU. They think you’re a turncoat, approval-seeking, spoiled rich girl who isn’t as smart or tough as she thinks she is. So by them “defending” the video, they’re saying FUCK YOU. WE DON’T LIKE YOU. WE HOPE YOUR FEELINGS ARE HURT. It has nothing to do with conservatives being hypocrites.

Of course, they may find it ironic that the media is so scandalized by the video while constantly attacking Trump with seemingly no regard for what a crazy person might think or say or do after being inundated with negative coverage every day. But that isn’t an endorsement, and had the shoe been on the other foot with Obama, Meghan’s right that conservatives would be outraged. The question is, though, would liberals give two shits about “conservatives being outraged” or would they shrug it off? 

Ronan is gay and has a very accomplished partner. 

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, Trapeze said:

Ronan is gay and has a very accomplished partner. 

LOL, I didn’t assume he was gay, though his handsome prettiness makes sense now.

Still not buying dude has ever had the sex, though. 

• Love 1