Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Hard To Say I'm Sorry

• Start Topic

Tim must make an important decision; Benjamin negotiates the bride price; Darcey confides in Tom's sister; Avery and Omar must say goodbye; Angela tries to make amends; Rebecca reveals a bombshell.

Airs 10/13/19.

Can't imagine anything about Rebecca is remotely interesting. She "dated" a woman, whatever that means. She's still married to Moroccan love-rat, so what, blah. She sticks GPS thingies on the undercarriage of cars (spoiler alert -- you stick them on the wheel well without getting prone. Maybe she has Tourettes! Which would splain the twisted jowls when trying to summon up nonexistent brain cells. And she manages some fast food restaurant! All so shocking.

1 hour ago, hookedontv said:

Tim's uncertain about his armpits - should he shave or wax this time around? 

Pluck.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

I DESERVE my sneak peek! Why, TLC, why are you keeping it from me? 

Does this mean I’m going to have to give this dumpster fire my full attention for two entire hours on Sunday night?! I’ve only built up a tolerance for an hour of garbage at once. Should I get Narcan in case I pass out at 9:15?

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
On 10/10/2019 at 9:32 AM, Kareem said:

Wonder what Rebecca's bombshell is...

She and previous husband have a child together.  She is actually unemployed as well and cannot scrape the 21K annual income to bring Zied over.  Sooooo beautiful babeeeeee... So much love...... 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Does this mean I’m going to have to give this dumpster fire my full attention for two entire hours on Sunday night?! I’ve only built up a tolerance for an hour of garbage at once. Should I get Narcan in case I pass out at 9:15?

Let the record show that I only had to threaten overdose for the sneak peek to be posted 😎 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Gobi said:

She’s married to Azan, and her girlfriend was Evilyn.

Hope they televise the fight between Nicole with the purple hair and Becky with the bad hair.  I’m in.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

Hulu does not have the speak peak yet!  I need to channel Tiffany:

"If I don't see that sneak peek yet and I going to really think things over between 90 Days and myself......"

Who I am kidding?  This is my crack!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Chippings said:

Whew, it's been viewed !  Have to say my favorite part was the salsa dancing.  Who knew-- in Nottingham!  

Was that club in a mall?

2 hours ago, Kareem said:

Who’s the guy in Avery’s backseat?

Darcey’s dancing duds may be one of worst costumes she’s ever shoehorned herself into.  

I think it’s her dad.  They look young because they were teen parents.  Just like Deavon’s.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Kareem said:

Who’s the guy in Avery’s backseat?

Darcey’s dancing duds may be one of worst costumes she’s ever shoehorned herself into.  

I think that’s Avery’s step-father.

Does Darcey really think she could salsa dance in this top? Oh wait, her idea of dancing is just clinging to Tom. 

EC97386A-D446-4866-BD61-946968B4BEB7.jpeg

Why does it ALWAYS rain when someone is going to the airport to say goodbye? Even in the desert? 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don’t know how I feel about siblings salsa dancing together.

They weren’t exactly Derek and Juliana Hough, but Emma has some moves!

For Pete’s sake, Tim, why didn’t you get Veronica’s diamond reset in another ring for Jeniffer? People do that all the time. 

• Love 18

Jeniffer/Tim - Jeniffer: "You make me feel like a princess, but baby, you know, I've been thinking about the fact that you actually don't want to have sex with me.  I don't want to push you, but why haven't you do it? Like, I am start thinking that maybe you're gay or something.  Really, baby."  Because these are the words that mark the beginning of every great love story . . . 

And Tim, you'd be wise to sleep with one eye open going forward because when Jeniffer finds out you gave her Veronica's engagement ring, and she will find out, she's going To. Kill. You.  And after the realization starts to sink in that she's not worth her own ring, she'll figure out you didn't even think she was worth the time and a few hundred bucks to have Veronica's ring reset for her.  In fact, if she's really paying attention, she may realize you didn't even put the ring in a different fucking box before you gave it to her, you idiot.  And not only is she for sure going to kill you, she's probably going to cut off your useless dick first, too - just FYI,

Tom.Darcey - I know nothing about dance so am unqualified to judge if Tom and Emma are really any good, but they certainly looked impressive to me.  Although if you'd shown me a picture of the club and asked me to circle what doesn't belong, Tom and Emma would've been my first choices.  Well, right along with the salsa bar in a strip mall in Nottingham. that is.

And while Darcey is irredeemably pathetic, I had a hard time finding fault with her for feeling slighted by Tom at the club.  If they were an established couple who frequently went out dancing, then I could maybe understand Tom getting his salsa on and expecting Darcey to just deal.  Under the circumstances, however, he should've put the dancing on the backburner and focused on Darcey, frankly.  Even more annoying is the fact he really could've made her feel special with minimal effort and spared us having to watch her melt into a big blob of tits, pleather, and tears for like the 10th week in a row.  So thanks, Tom!  You kind of suck for that.

Avery and Bikini Zuchinni Bo-bini are painfully immature.

Rebecca and Zied - As much as I hate to admit it, they were kind of cute on the ATV "adventure."  I really do think these two could actually end up enjoying being together, but Rebecca sucks even worse at telling the truth than she does at telling her ass from a hole in the ground....which really doesn't bode well for future marital bliss  Speaking of Rebecca, forgive me if this has already been answered, but is her ex still in the US?  If so, doesn't she still have 5 years or so left during which she's obligated to support him?  I wonder how she plans on simultaneously sponsoring Zied, as well?  Even if she met the income requirement times two, is it even possible to sponsor two people at the same time, both on K-1 visas?

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • LOL 8
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

And while Darcey is irredeemably pathetic, I had a hard time finding fault with her for feeling slighted by Tom at the club.  If they were an established couple who frequently went out dancing, then I could maybe understand Tom getting his salsa on and expecting Darcey to just deal. 

I was kind of surprised that Ricardo (?) or that friend that was there didn't appear to make any effort to teach Darcey a few steps since Tom had stressed how everybody salsa dances with everybody else. That one friend was quite handsome, she could have tried to make Tom jealous but I guess the nip slip potential was too high in that outfit and she was more comfortable drinking at the bar and complaining about Tom ignoring her. What am I saying, of course she was! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

...I guess the nip slip potential was too high in that outfit...

I'd bet money that one of her faux designer suitcases was full of two-sided tape and/or other adhesives to keep that from happening.

LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I think Darcy looked like a gremlin in that salsa dancing getup. She really has no idea how to dress for her body type. Those extra long horse hair extensions just emphasize her short, thick neck. She is big chested but thick waisted now that she’s older. She really has no idea how to be sexy in a way a good man would find attractive in a partner. Tom is a douche. He’d rather show off for the camera instead of teaching his date a basic salsa move so she could enjoy herself. Or he could’ve taught her BEFORE they went. My first time dancing with my Texan beau, he taught me a basic two step before we went out. Apparently dancing is big in his hometown and he wanted me to join in. For middle aged people, Tom and Darcy act so vapid. It’s astounding. Im sure we are in for another epic Darcy crying jag. Rinse, repeat.

Tim and Veronica remind me of Charlotte and Trey from Sex & The City. Right when Charlotte is about to marry Trey and she confides to Carrie that he can’t get it up. She should have ran! And Veronica should run very very far away from Tim. I’m convinced that Tim is pulling a Ricky. He’s just on the show to get exposure for some reason or other. I believe it’s probably a set up that he and Veronica have concocted together. And for his scheme, he promised not to sleep with Jennifer. Either that or he’s impotent. Either way it should be resolved before he proposes. 

Akinyi carries herself and speaks like a 12 year old. And this is coming from someone who wasn’t allowed to date one on one until I was 18. I had a teen mom who was incredibly strict and sheltered me. Yet at 16, I sounded more mature than Akinyi.  I think it’s also a sign of doom that if Ben can’t pronounce her first name, then perhaps he shouldn’t marry her. 

Kinda getting bored with these story lines. Missing the days of FUN reality tv. Old school like Newlyweds, Girls Next Door, The Osborne’s and The Simple Life. There were always comedic elements to those shows (not the extreme table flipping drama) and they had a lighter feel to them. What happened to just having fun? Would love a QUIRKY, fun character to lighten these episodes. 

Edited by Cammi
  • Love 23
21 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

The only dancing Darcey wants is draping herself over the man and slightly moving to music.  The Nottingham Salsa was never a good idea with her.

In those spike heels she wears, after several glasses of wine, sitting down was undoubtedly a smart move.

• Love 13
On 10/12/2019 at 10:19 AM, magemaud said:

I was kind of surprised that Ricardo (?) or that friend that was there didn't appear to make any effort to teach Darcey a few steps since Tom had stressed how everybody salsa dances with everybody else. That one friend was quite handsome, she could have tried to make Tom jealous but I guess the nip slip potential was too high in that outfit and she was more comfortable drinking at the bar and complaining about Tom ignoring her. What am I saying, of course she was! 

I can't fault Ricardo, she is Tom's "girlfriend" and he should have taught her some steps.  Tom and Emma are kinda dicks for dumping boozy, cling dancing Darcy on him.  

• Love 8

So let me get this straight...

Tom wanted to take Darcey "salsa dancing" so that he could complain about her not knowing the steps and use that as a reason to dance the night away with other women in front of her? 

I love folk dancing. I take it seriously. My mom was a folk dance leader who used to take American groups to tour Europe. I grew up doing it. I get what Tom means about how it's difficult to dance with beginners now. But do you know how I get around that? I don't take beginners with me anymore. I find something that we can BOTH do. 

Darcey's jealousy and insecurities irritate the hell out of me, but I'm with her on this. It would've been boring as hell to have to stand there all night watching him dance. 

On 10/12/2019 at 2:10 PM, Cammi said:

Tim and Veronica remind me of Charlotte and Trey from Sex & The City. Right when Charlotte is about to marry Trey and she confides to Carrie that he can’t get it up. She should have ran! And Veronica should run very very far away from Tim. I’m convinced that Tim is pulling a Ricky. He’s just on the show to get exposure for some reason or other. I believe it’s probably a set up that he and Veronica have concocted together. And for his scheme, he promised not to sleep with Jennifer. Either that or he’s impotent. Either way it should be resolved before he proposes. 

I agree. I think Veronica and Tim are in on whatever's going on, but Jenifffer is not. Maybe he's there for exposure for his business? I don't know. But there's something weird going on. Veronica KNEW he hadn't slept with her, that's why she asked. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
On 10/12/2019 at 12:45 AM, Spike said:

Check out some of the Houghs' pre-DWTS routines...

In his talking heads, Tom barely seems able to tolerate Darcey. I still think that he lead her on so that he could enjoy some TV time. I think he watched her other seasons and took notes. I don't think Darcey is in on the plan, though. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 14
On 10/12/2019 at 12:45 AM, Spike said:

Maybe something is wrong with me but I don't see anything wrong with siblings dancing together.  I think it's cute.

If Ben marries Akinyi he'll have another child to take care of...meaning her.  

I think Tom is over Darcey.  If he really cared about her he would have showed her some basic steps and had fun with her, instead of dancing with other women right in front of her, tacky.

5 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

I got choked up when Avery and Omar were saying their goodbyes. I hope he and his family and friends are safe.

Me too.  I kind of like them together, now watch them prove me wrong.

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I have all the same questions you guys had about Darcy’s night on the town. Was that bar in the mall?

I was wondering that too.  At first I thought it was in an actual bar, but in a VIP section, a separate section.  Maybe the producers couldn't film in the actual club.

Michael, please kick GrAngela to the curb, she's tacky and disrespectful and I'm sick of seeing them on this show.  Their relationship is as real as a three dollar bill. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 14
13 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Akinyi, honey. Stay in Kenya. This man is living  on cut up bologna sandwiches and you’re nearly begging him to accept you as good enough for him. I’d be like, “no offense sir, but go back to the U.S. and live happily ever after with your ‘number one priority.’ More sandwiches for you and precious Grayson to share.”

Couldn't agree more. He is freaking homeless! His idea of family activity is "praying, talking to people at church" , and no wonder since he can't afford anything else.

Akinyi doesn't strike me as the type to make religion the center of her life.  I cannot see her and Ben being happy.

• Love 18
On 10/12/2019 at 8:58 AM, SabineElisabeth said:

Speaking of Rebecca, forgive me if this has already been answered, but is her ex still in the US?  If so, doesn't she still have 5 years or so left during which she's obligated to support him?  

Just to clarify the 10 years support thing.  It doesn't mean that you need to give them an allowance or something.  It means that if during those ten years the imported person ever goes on public assistance, like welfare, the American would be responsible for paying that money back to the US government.  The majority of people have jobs, so it never even comes up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
45 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Maybe something is wrong with me but I don't see anything wrong with siblings dancing together.  I think it's cute.

I think it depends on the dance, and the reason.  I have a friend who grew up competitive ballroom dancing with her brother as her partner.  To me, that's fine, rock out, have fun. 

But if siblings make a habit of doing a more physically suggestive dance, like the Lambada (the forbidden dance) just for the hell of it on a random Saturday, that's a little odd.

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Check out some of the Houghs' pre-DWTS routines...

In his talking heads, Tom barely seems able to tolerate Darcey. I still think that he lead her on so that he could enjoy some TV time. I think he watched her other seasons and took notes. I don't think Darcey is in on the plan, though. 

I was a DWTS gal back in the day with those two and Derek said he and Julianne had to routinely dance the Samba, the Rumba, the Waltz, etc and they just plowed through because they were professionals and I assume money was on the line.  Out for fun?  I would rather not have my lower darby be that close to my brother's bits, thanks.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 10/12/2019 at 5:58 AM, SabineElisabeth said:

And while Darcey is irredeemably pathetic, I had a hard time finding fault with her for feeling slighted by Tom at the club.  If they were an established couple who frequently went out dancing, then I could maybe understand Tom getting his salsa on and expecting Darcey to just deal.  Under the circumstances, however, he should've put the dancing on the backburner and focused on Darcey, frankly.  Even more annoying is the fact he really could've made her feel special with minimal effort and spared us having to watch her melt into a big blob of tits, pleather, and tears for like the 10th week in a row.  So thanks, Tom!  You kind of suck for that.

But these are the moments that bring me life!!!  😭😍😂

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

Akinyi, honey. Stay in Kenya. This man is living  on cut up bologna sandwiches and you’re nearly begging him to accept you as good enough for him. I’d be like, “no offense sir, but go back to the U.S. and live happily ever after with your ‘number one priority.’ More sandwiches for you and precious Grayson to share.”

It can’t be said enough, but Tim is the weirdest little troll. The whole, “my ex and her kid are a package deal and you need to accept it” is a huge red flag. Veronica needs to put a stop to that shit immediately. It’s not cute. Her kid is what, 10 years old? The kid was nearly two when she met Tim, they never married, and they broke up FOUR years ago. Why is she allowing her daughter to call this man “Dad?”  And if he called Veronica for advice, why is he angry at her when she gives it? She’s completely right. You’ve been fighting with this girl since you met and you’ve never had sex. Why would you propose to her?

I have all the same questions you guys had about Darcy’s night on the town. Was that bar in the mall? WTF was she wearing? And wow, she got sloshed fast! Furthermore, was there no dance floor? They were so close to the bar. All that twirling and flipping around, I thought surely was going to end with a bar back getting kicked in the back of the head or something. And rarely do I defend Darcy, but that was pretty shitty to take her salsa dancing knowing she doesn’t know how to and then complain about her being a “newbie.” Give me a break, Tom. You’re not cool. 

I hope that’s the end of Avery’s scenes.

True to all of this!  Tim, YOU called Veronica.  She may be brash, she may be blunt but this time she is right.  Like @charmed1 said, you fight every damn day, you have not slept together (which I am on the fence about sleeping with someone after knowing them 48 hours but I am in the minority so let's keep going) so if you have ONE GOOD DAY where you don't argue for 24 hours you are ready to pop the question?  She has already called you a pussy, several times.  You are not her physical type.  Move along, nothing to see here.

Ben - I read someplace (maybe here?) that you are living in a rented bedroom in your pastor's house.  You don't have the right to marry ANYONE.  Leave Africa NOW.  

I, too, think Tom was kinda rude to dump her at the bar.  Teach her some steps!  She may be good, she may be horrible but at least you are paying attention to her and she clearly needs that!!  Go grind on your sister another day.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 4
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

And wow, she got sloshed fast! 

I would assume Darcy arrived "pre-seasoned." And although many social dance events *do* operate like this -- men asking a different partner each time -- it is very rude to bring someone who doesn't know how to do it, on the premise of a date! This happened to me with swing dancing and I ended up a weepy wallflower all night as I didn't know any of the steps. The one nerd who wanted to teach me the basic step kept snarling at me to "listen to the beat!" (I have been a professional musician for 48 years...)

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

There's quite a history of brother/sister ice dancing and ice skating pairs teams.

1 hour ago, blubld43 said:

Couldn't agree more. He is freaking homeless! His idea of family activity is "praying, talking to people at church" , and no wonder since he can't afford anything else.

You KNOW he's going to expect her to do ALL the housework and childcare and then shame her for not working when of course she can't yet (he sure can't feed another mouth).

• LOL 1
  • Love 8