Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Hard To Say I'm Sorry

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Dobian said:

It’s never the right time to have sex with Jennifer, but never the wrong time to get a facial with her.

I am seriously questioning Tim's relationship with jennifer (and his relationship with women in general). Everything about him, from his reluctance to have sex to the way he sits, appears overly feminine. I wonder if he wants to be seen as a guy who is courting beautiful women, but he clearly is unable to seal the deal.

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I initially felt the same way, but after watching some of his moves, as well as the happiness salsa dancing brings him, I admit I enjoyed watching him dance with partners who knew the steps.

I'd dance with him, I have made a career out of marrying men that are horrible/embarrassing dancers, seeing a man with musicality, lead well and know the steps increases his sex appeal a bit. 

Also, Tom must have great upper body strength pushing his sister around a dance floor!

Darcey looked like mutton dressed like lamb, she is shaped like a fire hydrant. 

In other news, Tim wears a Chanel knock off ceramic watch, a woman's watch.  

It seemed odd to me that Jenifer asked where he got the ring, it could have come from a neighborhood jeweler, the name of a jewelery store would have made no difference to her what so ever, that seemed like a question the producer wanted her to ask, it was very staged.

Tim, the sexually ambiguous man, le sigh...if only he knew it.

Ben, oh poor Ben.  Bikini has him by the balls.  She whined about the possibly of not getting married and he folded like a house of cards.

I just watched the movie The Lobster, these people remind me of the people from that movie, (they have to find a partner or they get turned in to an animal of their choosing), they partnered up with people for stupid reasons like they both get nose bleeds or they both like jello...that is this entire cast.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
It's early and I am running late for work!
  • LOL 11
  • Love 11

Sweet Jebus on a multigrain cracker. I am watching the second half now. "Exclusive"? Darcy wants his high school class ring, all wrapped up with angora circa 1984. When she was blubbering and crying all over his sister, her stupid fake spider eyelashes came loose. Did anyone else notice? Or perhaps it was mentioned here already and my mind is such mush from watching this dumb shit that I have forgotten. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

I could not believe Tim was so tired from the stress of the day that he immediately fell asleep the second his head hit the pillow,  after promising to seal the deal before he leaves!  .  Instead of saying "hey,  Baby,  I'm wide awake now!", he takes her to a spa for a facial and a hot tub in order for her to release her frustration!   He just sat there,  staring,  when Jeniffer says she thought he might be gay.   Jeniffer seems like a very sexual woman. If Tim tires or stresses so easily to the point of not being able to perform,  she's going to need Laura's little purple friend. If she chooses to continue this relationship,  she has better get use to a sexless marriage. 

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Callaphera said:

"You know what? My new hot Colombian online girlfriend absolutely hates my old girlfriend. So I'm totes going to take the ring that I proposed with back from my old girlfriend and use it to propose promise to propose one day because I'm a dork and can't get it up show her that she's the one for me. And bonus: I can afford more face masks with my reduce/reuse/recycle jewelry policy. What could possibly go wrong?" - Tim's thought process, probably.

From what I’m seeing, those engagement rings going around are pittyfully small, aren’t they?  A few hundred bucks tops.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Chalby said:

I am seriously questioning Tim's relationship with jennifer (and his relationship with women in general). Everything about him, from his reluctance to have sex to the way he sits, appears overly feminine. I wonder if he wants to be seen as a guy who is courting beautiful women, but he clearly is unable to seal the deal.

When I was about 17, I was dating a guy who was gorgeous, dressed great, and loved dancing.  Brought me to his house to meet the family .. everything.  One night he pulled into a lovers lane to “ make out” so I thought.  After one kiss, he said he had to go to the bathroom and wanted to go home.  GAY, I found out. Full blown.  What did I know?  It wasn’t spoken about then in the stone ages.  He probably was trying to find himself at the time.  Gorgeous guy, immaculate, dressed beautifully.  I see him now on Facebook in Miami with his partner.  We are old now.  Years later, I met my husband who wanted to park n spark the first night I dated him.  I told him “ no” take me home before I call my Father. Haha. The best times of my life.

• LOL 12
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I just can't with Bikini's father, now he is in mourning?  The seriel killer voice, oy vey.

Ben, when your inner voice says you think you are making a mistake...you need to listen to that voice.

Father Bikini was creepy, but he didn't say he was in mourning.  He said that Ben's gifts of food  (and soap?) were what would traditionally be given to a family in mourning, not one negotiating the sale of the daughter.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Chalby said:

I think there are a lot of possibilities with Teem:

a) His is homosexual.

b) He is asexual and has no real attraction to anyone.

c) He was born a woman.

d) He is intersex, with ambiguous genitalia 

e) A medical condition or accident has rendered him unable to perform sexually

f) He has a micropenis

g) He is psychologically unable to perform due to either doubts about the relationship, or severe performance anxiety, or a combination of the two.  For his sake, I hope this is it, but it seems the least likely to me.   

• Useful 3
  • Love 16

As for Tim any young man would never fall asleep when sex can be had.  The female may receive a bad performance but the man will definitely provide the 5 minutes.  It is not like he is going to work the next day.  His day existed of walking around and whining.

And as for Tom I wouldn't mind watching him dance with people that can dance if I couldn't.  I would think you can dance with him now but he is coming home with me later.

• Love 17

Did the bar Tom took Darcey for salsa dancing not have a dance floor?  Or was there a reason they couldn't film them dancing on a dance floor and decided to just dance right in front of the bartender pouring and serving drinks?  That looked a little odd to me.  Good or bad, at least Tom and his sister knew the moves.  Darcy's extensions were ridiculously obvious.  Oh yes, and then there were boobs. 

Tim is missing something  . . . a certain  . . . piece of anatomy.  It's as obvious as Darcy's extensions.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Father Bikini was creepy, but he didn't say he was in mourning.  He said that Ben's gifts of food  (and soap?) were what would traditionally be given to a family in mourning, not one negotiating the sale of the daughter.  

Akinyi was very specific about what to buy for the ceremony, I think he sabotaged Ben.

• Love 10
Just now, iwasish said:
39 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Akinyi was very specific about what to buy for the ceremony, I think he sabotaged Ben.

aka "Thanks for the stuff but it doesn't count toward the Bride Price, sucka."

• LOL 17
  • Love 4

Watching Ben trying to make the offer of his gifts was grueling. The way the family looks at him is just disturbing. I would never want to be a part of a family who didn't love me like I were their own. I wonder what his upbringing was like. I am curious about his parents. And I agree with a previous poster... How can Akini have Ben buy all those "gifts" and then be told that is what one would receive when someone dies? 

And anyone else think when Emma was having her chat with Darcy... She was at times nice but was so fake! I feel like Emma loves making her squirm!! I think his sister gets a rise out of preying on weak minded people. And I don't think Darcy realizes she is actually poking fun at her.

Darcy looked like she was going to and S&M club. Sometimes less isn't more Darcy. Cover the girls up!!!! 

I actually like her interview outfit or top. I am sure she wearing hot pants down below with thigh high pleather boots. 

• Love 16

Darcy and Tom.  That was tough to watch!  The few minutes Tom gave Darcy on the dance floor I just knew her fake boobs were going to poop out of that dress and she was going to love it!

Then Tom trying to salsa looked to me like somebody who's had a few lessons and is trying!  Tom is NO salsa dancer.  Ugh just ugg!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I could be reading WAY too much in to this, but I got the impression Tom was trying to show her a few basic steps at first and all she really wanted to do was grind and do a few "sexy" moves that had nothing to do with salsa. 

No you're right; he wanted to dance with her and she just wanted to drape herself on him.  If her pants weren't so tight she might have peed on his leg to mark out the territory. 

Tom was obviously very talented and salsa dancing (like any sport) is only fun when you're playing with someone of similar talents.  Andre Agassi doesn't have to play tennis with other women because he married Steffi Graf.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
30 minutes ago, Drogo said:

aka "Thanks for the stuff but it doesn't count toward the Bride Price, sucka."

LOL.   I wonder how long that huge case of soap would last.  Unless Bikini's family all shower 5 times a day, I suspect a year of more. 

I wonder if they planned to sell it.  

• Love 4

The theme for last night was cringeworthy.

I'm not going to judge Tim if he is gay or trans or asexual. One can be asexual, but still romantically interested. It would be nice if he told Jeniffer so they were on the same page. But he might be deep in denial or closeted about who he is.  Though if he is still finding himself, why go on tv...

Akinyi's family is portrayed horribly.  At worst, they are scamming Ben. At best, they are insensitive to the fact that Ben is unfamiliar with their culture and needs someone to walk him through the process.  With Deavan/Jihoon, she was unfamiliar with the traditional Korean wedding ceremony, but the family actually made an effort to explain each part.

• Love 20

I think the real question is has Tim ever had sex with a woman? I was thinking that might be why Veronica knew how it was going in the bedroom with Tim and Jenniffeerr. 

Darcy got her outfit cheap at the airport stripper store because even hookers and strippers thought that was way too much. It’s funny (and also embarrassing) that she always dresses like she is going to studio 54 and then goes to places befitting of the neighborhood dog walker to stop in to have a quick coffee. And yeah an empty bar where the only other patrons are 6 tv ready, attractive female salsa dancers is not suspicious at all. 

Avery’s mom is not Ok with Avery going to Syria but everyone else is ok with that. Let’s make a trade for a couple refugees who are trying desperately to escape an extremely dangerous situation. They can also keep Omar and his chauvinistic comments. Another thing I noticed is that he smirks a lot, especially at Avery’s mom. 

Did someone give Grangela a sedative before this weeks episode?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

I can't believe Tom wanting to go exclusive, and so easily.  Perhaps its all for show.

I figure it's the end of the season and SalsaTom has decided he wants another go at it so he secured his spot for next season by pretending to actually stand being in the same room as  Darcey. 

Not only does Tim have no shoulders, I noticed last night he has very tiny hands, almost freakishly so. If Jennifer would just start stroking his dick while she is in bed with him it might solve any mystery as to what's going on down there. At least it would tell her if he has a normal sized dick, a tiny little knob or maybe a vagina instead. Get down there and do some investigating, girl!

Father Akini is a straight up asshole. Her sisters are weird as hell, too. I don't care what culture dictates there is no reason to make someone feel so awkward and uncomfortable in your home. How ungracious can you be? Why did Akini go to the store with Ben and order up all those supplies and food, did she not know that is what you bring to a family in mourning? Apparently she doesn't understand the traditions of her own culture. 

Reebikka is looking older by the episode. Time and lack of filters have not been kind to her. I'm not sure she should have even told Zied she was still married. If they both signed the papers it shouldn't be much longer before the divorce is final. But, of course, drama is necessary in order to keep this trainwreck rolling along. 

I don't care for the way Mykull handled his friends. Why did Big Ange deserve an apology? Because Mykull has a life with his friends when she is back in Georgia? Please, stop. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 17

I can't believe Tim and Jeniffer would considering getting engaged without ever having sex. Tim said they'd been through all the "bad and the goods", but I feel like goods have not been adequately inspected in this case. It's not like they're virgins waiting for marriage! Tim says the problem is he "has too much on his mind" or he's "in his head". Like what's going on in there? Is he formulating a new type of energy source? Finding the true meaning to life? The promise ring was lame. Used or not used.

I met a micropenis man once and he tried everything to stop me from seeing it! Like he'd act super into me but then pull away when it came down to sealing the deal. We never actually had sex in the end (I guess he knows it would've been pointless?), I only found out when I rummaged around there.

I'm surprised Avery wasn't more upset/emotional leaving Lebanon. I wonder if the recent flareup in Syria will make it harder for Omar to come to the US... i believe Omar is 100% with avery just for the visa with his smug ass. I'm also surprised that people seem to find him attractive and/or "genuine".

I'm so over Darcy crying in every damn episode. I really hope she's never on the show ever again, and gets herself some counselling or something to work through her problems, because she's a lot worse this season.

Tom's "passionate" salsa-face has scarred me for life. Salsa dancing is pretty popular in the UK, I'd expect to find salsa nights in most big UK cities. I suspect the bar is not a salsa bar per se, but probably do a weekly salsa night or something. It's also not unusual for a bar not to have a dance floor... I probably wouldn't pick a place like that to organise a salsa night though.

Michael's friends were too nice. I would've told granny to shove it!

How did Akinyi mess up with the gifts? Her dad talks so excruciatingly slow. Reminds me of someone's mom... It's like he forgets what he's about to say just after a few words and has to stop to think about how he's going to finish the sentence.

Zied is mad because he thinks he won't get a green card now, no other reason. Someone asked if it was possible to sponsor two people for K1-visas, but if Rebecca's (ex-)husband is still in the States, he probably has a green card now? But would be interesting to know if there are still restrictions for Rebecca.

Edited by Takitaki
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, Chalby said:

Meanwhile, in Chalby's household you can hear my hubby yelling at the television, "What the f*&k are you doing, Benny? These arseholes are so condescending and rude to you, you should get up and leave." I agree with my hubby and I think Benjamin should also respond, "I am going back to my hotel and back to the USA asap, unless you apologize to me, for your demeaning comments and behaviour." Benjamin has done nothing to aggravate this family, yet the men have responded by being completely down on Ben, while stepping all over him like an insignificant doormat.

What?  Benny can’t find a woman in the states?  Yes, he’s a dork, but there are plenty of women here to go out with.  Why her?  Why does he need all this nonsence?  He should pack up and leave in secret before something happens to him.  This family is weird.  All their rules are ridiculous.  BTW, after watching football all weekend, my husband couldn’t wait for this show, lol.  This show and the one with all the babies, like 7 of them.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

Darcy wants his high school class ring, all wrapped up with angora circa 1984.

I graduated high school in 1983 and no one did the class ring thing then.  She is stuck in the 50's.

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Father Akini is a straight up asshole. Her sisters are weird as hell, too. I don't care what culture dictates there is no reason to make someone feel so awkward and uncomfortable in your home. How ungracious can you be? Why did Akini go to the store with Ben and order up all those supplies and food, did she not know that is what you bring to a family in mourning? Apparently she doesn't understand the traditions of her own culture. 

100%.  I think she rigged it so he would offend Father Akini and not bless the marriage.  Plus I think she told him they had to be there at 11:15 when they were supposed to be there at 11.  If so, I would have said "Your dim daughter told me 11.  Talk to her and by the I am not going to be spoken to in such a sinister tone anymore.  Gotta take my maize and leave.  You can keep the corn oil."

We were joking last night:  "Hello Mr. Anderson!  I want to marry your daughter.  Here is a vat of Wesson oil, maze and some flour.....and $800.  Off to Vegas!"

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

That was outrageous.  It makes me wonder if Akinyi is not all there mentally.  The other sisters look sharper than she does, with her baby voice and constant whining “did I do something bad?”  

It was wrong for them to be so late, though.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Chalby said:

Veronica on the call from last week asking about their physical interactions...Tarik (I think) from PT said "She KNOWS something!)

Seems to me, Timmy has a problem in this area.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Does Darcey ever walk into a room and thinks that she's overdressed?       That outfit was embarrassing.              Like some previous posters already said, I don't think it's a ring Tom will give her. The shape of the box is too flat and rectangular. Ring boxes are usually more cubical.

I don't even want to begin to speculate what's wrong with Tim, but something is definitely not right. There can't be too many straight, single men under 40 who would not have sex with Jeniffer.

• Love 17
18 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Love these pics.  She’s looking older and older.

She's a scammer. She completely misrepresented herself, her looks and marital status. And she looks better in the photo on the right than she does in real life.

E0918918-B7B5-43B1-8860-9A5262CF477F.jpeg

Edited by Cini
  • LOL 3
  • Love 19
49 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Not only does Tim have no shoulders, I noticed last night he has very tiny hands, almost freakishly so. If Jennifer would just start stroking his dick while she is in bed with him it might solve any mystery as to what's going on down there. At least it would tell her if he has a normal sized dick, a tiny little knob or maybe a vagina instead. Get down there and do some investigating, girl!

Good point.  Jenniffer does bear some responsibility for the mystery continuing.  Even if he fell asleep as soon as his (gigantic) head hit the pillow, she could try to wake up Little Tim and find out what is going on down there.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Cini said:

She's a catfish at best and scammer at worst. She completely misrepresented herself, her looks and marital status

E0918918-B7B5-43B1-8860-9A5262CF477F.jpeg

She is a liar.   But, I'm not sure she is really a catfish or scammer.  Catfish and scammers just want to mess with people and or take their money.  Rebecca really appears to want to marry Zied, and lied about her appearance and marital status to try to make that happen. 

Zied seems like the scammer.  He so much wants money and/or a green card.  There is no other possible reason he could want that lying hag.   While it might seem shallow, if Zied had cooled on Rebecca as soon as he saw what she really looked like, I would hold out more hope that he wasn't a scammer.  

They deserve each other.  

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, Cini said:

Like some previous posters already said, I don't think it's a ring Tom will give her. The shape of the box is too flat and rectangular. Ring boxes are usually more cubical.

When he showed that box, I looked at Mr. Hanson and said "Here some earrings for you darling!"

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

When he showed that box, I looked at Mr. Hanson and said "Here some earrings for you darling!"

He seems to enjoy playing into her insecurities. He knows full well she will probably think it is an engagement ring.  He will get off on her reaction when he presents her with Jesse style appreciation earrings. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7