Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

25 minutes ago, deirdra said:

He was a Demi Lovato's "sober coach" before she OD'ed on heroin

That must have been the accomplishment on his LinkedIn profile that really sold it for Schill!   These people are so delusional that they're starting to believe their own lies.

We also had Plastica on stage today trying to talk with her skin stretched over the horse teeth....  She tries to be so earnest and helpful while explaining that creams are all you need to be youthful!   I wonder if her Dr. NipnTuck does the work gratis as long as she doesn't mention him by name.  Either he's a lousy plastic surgeon or she's addicted, either way discretion is key cause she looks like shit.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

That must have been the accomplishment on his LinkedIn profile that really sold it for Schill!   These people are so delusional that they're starting to believe their own lies.

We also had Plastica on stage today trying to talk with her skin stretched over the horse teeth....  She tries to be so earnest and helpful while explaining that creams are all you need to be youthful!   I wonder if her Dr. NipnTuck does the work gratis as long as she doesn't mention him by name.  Either he's a lousy plastic surgeon or she's addicted, either way discretion is key cause she looks like shit.

I knew the Robin Skin Care Pimpin' was comung up so I changed channels. However, I do want to say how very tragic it was for Robin's sister to be the victim of such a random and hideous crime. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Miss Ophonia needs to stay single and live alone with the pigs.

Who the F does Phil hire to produce this show? This episode today is just a waste of space and time. Two people who are engaged....she's sick of him and nit picks for stupid shit. Instead of parting ways, and letting him move on, she just chooses to nag him for ridiculous reasons, hoping he'll leave. Hey bitch....if he annoys you that much, why don't YOU leave? The assinine, petty crap that people obsess about just doesn't make sense.

And EVERY behavior in our current times, has a psychological name. Is there a clinical diagnosis for "any and all  behavior"? If so, can we call it "AnyAndAll-ism"? That covers EVERYTHING and we can call it a night!

ETA: YIKES! That "I make annoying sounds with my mouth" guy" is only 55? 

😁

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 3

If that woman truly has misophonia it’s no joke and Dr. Phil should have talked more about the neurological aspects and perhaps have Dr. Lawless from PNP center there.. 

My granddaughter has a mild case of it and has been known to get up from the table because she can’t stand the sounds. Her mother has it too.

Some  people are debilitated by this because it’s not only chewing sounds but other sounds that trigger it like the clicking of a computer keyboard. It is often accompanied by feelings of rage.

That woman was disagreeable, but I recognized her symptoms right away.

It took Dr. Phil until the last 10 min. of the program to mention a neurological problem, and even then made light of it. I don’t think he had a clue.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, bythelake said:

If that woman truly has misophonia it’s no joke and Dr. Phil should have talked more about the neurological aspects and perhaps have Dr. Lawless from PNP center there.. 

My granddaughter has a mild case of it and has been known to get up from the table because she can’t stand the sounds. Her mother has it too.

Some  people are debilitated by this because it’s not only chewing sounds but other sounds that trigger it like the clicking of a computer keyboard. It is often accompanied by feelings of rage.

That woman was disagreeable, but I recognized her symptoms right away.

It took Dr. Phil until the last 10 min. of the program to mention a neurological problem, and even then made light of it. I don’t think he had a clue.

Thats because He's a D!ck!! His name should be Dickter Shill😉

Edited by Monie
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 4/19/2019 at 8:50 PM, Toaster Strudel said:

I got a strong sense that $hill really didn't like Miss Ophonia.

Schill was really combative with her.  She kinda tried to explain herself and he just ripped her everytime she didn't cowtow to his comments.  

IMO Schill is very misogynistic with women in general.  But, then maybe it's not just women.  He gets twisted with anyone that doesn't kiss his ass.

Schill spouts an edict, and god help the guest that disagrees.  I knew right off that the sound issue was really deeper and went to the character of the dude.  Come to find out, he was an abusive drunk, but that was glossed over and wrapped up really quickly.

• Love 3
On 4/20/2019 at 11:59 AM, bythelake said:

It's a thang!!!!  I broke up with a otherwise nice guy because he smacked and chewed too loudly.   We were great friends and connected on all other levels, but I died a little everytime we shared a meal.

• Love 3

She had some sensory processing issues. It's not just for children. Every time she asked for help he decided to mock her. That's because he doesn't  know what he's talking about. Time to retire when you can't help someone but cover it up with condencending remarks. Time for me to stop watching this drivel.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, silversage said:

She had some sensory processing issues. It's not just for children. Every time she asked for help he decided to mock her. That's because he doesn't  know what he's talking about. Time to retire when you can't help someone but cover it up with condencending remarks. Time for me to stop watching this drivel.

It runs in my family and it's definitely a real issue and shouldn't be mocked. It's a big reason why I'm childfree.

So I'm in the laundromat right now amd Dr. Phil is on...why is he interviewing the Staircase Murder guy and pretending to be a real journalist? I don't usually say things like "stay in your lane" but it seems kind of inappropriate to be turning a real police investigation into tabloid TV fodder?

• Love 5

I have misophonia, particularly with chewing noises (the pigs were unbearable too, btw). I always have the remote in hand because I have to mute any commercials with chewing. The most annoying one right now is Collgate's "I'm an ice cruncher."  My husband and kids understand it's my issue and don't take offense when I walk away. My mom has a harder time with it and her feelings get hurt if I leave the room when she's smacking gum or eating raw carrots, etc. Too bad it was mocked on the show.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, BuyMoreAndSave said:

So I'm in the laundromat right now amd Dr. Phil is on...why is he interviewing the Staircase Murder guy and pretending to be a real journalist? I don't usually say things like "stay in your lane" but it seems kind of inappropriate to be turning a real police investigation into tabloid TV fodder?

I guess I will watch this but when I started it I wondered -- why are you rehashing this when a documentary has already been done (Netflix) and it has been discussed by so many knowledgeable people it is old news.  

• Love 5
On 4/18/2019 at 5:52 PM, deirdra said:

Creepy Coach Mike is a former meth addict who received his B.S. degree in Alcohol and Drug Counseling from Metropolitan State University in Minnesota. He was Demi Lovato's "sober coach" before she OD'ed on heroin.

Now there's some credentials I can get behind..  Such a success that is #1 patient got worse.  Now that I know, I will be turning off anything that this fool is on.  Phil really has hit bottom.

I was working remotely last week, so could watch the shows that were current (in addition to the ones on OWN, of course).  I think I managed to wade through two of the five.  The earlier shows were so much better.  Current season is half muddle and half self-promotion.  Time to retire, Phil.  A good actor knows when to get off the stage.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I guess I will watch this but when I started it I wondered -- why are you rehashing this when a documentary has already been done (Netflix) and it has been discussed by so many knowledgeable people it is old news.  

Any else wondering whether Robin is going to give Peterson a year's supply of face cream?

• LOL 7
4 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

True crime is often like that -- a few cases are covered to death, no pun intended, while hundreds of others go forgotten. At some point it becomes less about finding answers and more about sensational content.

• Love 5

Anyway since this double posted I'll edit this into a different post. On the topic of misophonia I'm studying at the library today and this old guy was sitting in a chair near me reading the newspaper while making weird lip smacking mouth/denture? sounds. It grossed me out so much I had to leave the room and sit somewhere else. It was a huge distraction.

Edited by BuyMoreAndSave
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Apparently Mr. Staircase man has written a book.  

I've found that 2-parters mostly are a repeat of the first part.  Nothing worth tuning in for on this one.

Before he became famous for killing his wives, he was a novelist.

• Love 1

I find it interesting that it says on the cover "All Profits Go To Charity."

In this world of creative bookkeeping, "profits" are often described as what is left after production expenses - which may include a salary to the writer in addition to the costs of printing, editing, etc.  It's within the realm of possibility that "profits" from a book like this could be a VERY small percentage of all the money received from sales . . . and "profits" would be a whole bunch less than Michael Peterson got for writing the book.

I have thought him to be a narcissistic a**hole, and believe that he killed Kathleen.  After watching the Netflix series, my opinion became even firmer on both counts.

IMO, he wrote this book to get himself in front of the public eye again; watch him write another novel, now that his name is back out as an author . . . he's in the same lowlife category as OJ with his "If I Did It" book.  Anything to make a buck and stay in the public eye.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I watched the show today with the first cousins who got married. They seemed to be attention seeking morons but it bothered me that Phil and his sidekick kept calling them child abusers over and over.

Maybe I’m a bit salty because I am in Illinois where a five year old was just beaten to death by his parents and buried in a shallow grave-that’s child abuse. Idiots in love does not mean their children are being abused.

• Love 7

that couple was ridiculous and wierd--first off kissing at age 7 and at age 10 seems a bit young--but what was over the top was them posting intimate photos on their family website--they seem like 2 giddy teenagers in love and something about them was just really "off". But know I dont think its child abuse either

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I watched the show today with the first cousins who got married. They seemed to be attention seeking morons but it bothered me that Phil and his sidekick kept calling them child abusers over and over.

Maybe I’m a bit salty because I am in Illinois where a five year old was just beaten to death by his parents and buried in a shallow grave-that’s child abuse. Idiots in love does not mean their children are being abused.

delete!

Edited by nlkm9
mistake
  • Love 1

Anyone else surprised that Phil didn’t have on the Michael Jackson accusers ? That was a big recent documentary and seemed right up his alley ... you know ... cause he cares so much about all these people and not because he sees $$$ signs . 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 4/29/2019 at 8:17 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

Anyone else surprised that Phil didn’t have on the Michael Jackson accusers ? That was a big recent documentary and seemed right up his alley ... you know ... cause he cares so much about all these people and not because he sees $$$ signs . 

I think Dr. Oz snagged one of them first.  But both Phil & Oz tend to have the same "True Crime" circuit guests on eventually, like Jon Benet Ramsay's father, usually after they have been on HBO, DTour, HLN, etc.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1

I just remembered something that happened and I have to share. My days have been running together so I'm not sure when the episode aired, but I think it may have been last week. I was in the hospital where I had the BEST roomie EVAR!!! Patty was a 71-year-old who had a kidney stone that made her mean, according to her 12-year-old granddaughter. She ended up needing to be hospitalized for a few days because of them. I miss her already.

Anyhow, I was being transported back to our room by wheelchair when right outside the door we heard her yell something and the young man pushing my wheelchair suddenly stopped because it was so off that he was afraid to take me into the room. He went to grab a nurse and I walked in myself. Her granddaughter was sitting there with huge eyes and her mouth open in shock. I looked up and could see Patty was watching Dr. Phil. I told Granddaughter that Dr. Phil and morphine are always a bad mix and about how I once wanted to climb through the screen to slap him so my mom turned off the TV; it was after I yelled at Judge Judy for having no idea how the real world works and that she shouldn't be so proud of her ignorance, resulting in my mom turning channels to Dr. Phil but I digress. I will never understand how someone can enjoy the affects of morphine, but know that brain chemistry just differs.

Patty's daughter, her granddaughter's mom, came walking in with the nurse to see what she was yelling about, and Granddaughter said, with a complete deadpan delivery, "Dr. Phil and morphine are a bad mix."  Great family, they were.

In any event, Dr. Phil had Sophie Turner, who plays Sansa Stark on Game of Thrones, on his podcast and played a clip of it on the show. I didn't see it and walked in at the end so this is just Patty's take on it. He told Sophie that whatever it was she shared, which sounds like it had to be the social media hate causing her depression, will keep people from committing suicide and he will show her the proof of suicide prevention hotline calls increasing and suicides decreasing.

It turns out that Patty worked with a suicide prevention organization that had speakers go to churches, schools and youth groups to discuss mental health and suicidal thoughts. She was very angry with him because she said that he should know better than to think someone with suicidal thoughts would be able to stop their brain long enough to remember that some "random actress" suffered from depression and didn't commit suicide. She clearly didn't have any idea how big GoT is and that Sophie's statement will probably make the rounds online, and could hit someone at the right moment, but I think her bigger point is valid. She also said he put obligations on Sophie's shoulders that don't belong to her, created an opening for scammers to try and weasel into her life by claiming suicidal thoughts and demanding her time and attention, and has increased the social media hate that she says is causing her depression, at a time when she can't disengage because she is doing media for work (Sophie apparently said this, too.) According to Patty, when the statistics don't change and she insists that they won't, Sophie will be able to add that failure to whatever it is causing her suicide thoughts. 

The mic drop moment, though, and the reason I'm posting it here, was...

"Oh, well. His crazy ass wife will be there soon and give her lip gloss to make everything better."

As much as I don't like him, I can't see why he would claim that Sophie saying that assholes on social media spouting hate caused her depression will keep others from committing suicide. Either Patty missed something in her morphine induced irritation that turned to morphine assisted rage or there was a misstep in the editing along with the expectation that people would tune into his podcast to get the full story. 

• Love 1

'Devoted Mom Is Now Homeless, Addicted and Incarcerated' (part 1)- Kammi, with 2 daughters who were willing to give her a chance.

Kammi despite being homeless, is clean, her hair is recently bleached, and she wears lots of makeup; she has nice teeth; she wears jewelry and has a modern, intact pair of glasses. Based on her skeletal appearance, I have no doubt Kammi is indeed an addict, but there's more to this story than we're hearing.

• Love 2

Production most likely offers to clean/dress/groom people for the show. Otherwise, the show may have problems attracting guests.

It was good to hear Dr. Phil say that he really didn't want to do the show. These addiction shows are getting old.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/1/2019 at 4:10 PM, deirdra said:

I think Dr. Oz snagged one of them first.  But both Phil & Oz tend to have the same "True Crime" circuit guests on eventually, like Jon Benet Ramsay's father, usually after they have been on HBO, DTour, HLN, etc.

The oldass murder stories just crack me up.  Soooo.... Schill drags in the "dead wife on the stairs, dude".(or any other murder that's been on the ID Channel for a DECADE). Schill babbles around and THEN- Looks them dead in the eye and says "Did you kill your wife?"🤣😂🤣😂

Yes, Schill.  Dude has been sticking to his innocence story all this time!  Police interrogators, every crime reporter since JW Booth....but YOU, he's gonna fess up to!  Right here and right now!  🤣😂🤣😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 5/3/2019 at 10:56 AM, AZChristian said:

I think I'm going to wear out the "mute" button on my remote.  They play that "Haves and the Have Nots" commercial with annoying music during EVERY commercial break for Dr. Phil.

Oh my gosh!!! I mute all the commercials on OWN when I am watching $hill... thought I was the only one!🤤

• Love 3

I spent two hours this morning watching the repeats of Dr. Phil on OWN.  Every single commercial break included one of OWN's shows.  Is she having that much trouble getting advertising on her network that she has to drumbeat and try to make this OWN show (a Tyler Perry vehicle, which couldn't apparently make it anywhere else) happen?

It really is disturbing and becoming annoying.  And while she advertises other OWN shows, this particular commercial is the same, every single time.  No variation - same content.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, b2H said:

I spent two hours this morning watching the repeats of Dr. Phil on OWN.  Every single commercial break included one of OWN's shows.  Is she having that much trouble getting advertising on her network that she has to drumbeat and try to make this OWN show (a Tyler Perry vehicle, which couldn't apparently make it anywhere else) happen?

It really is disturbing and becoming annoying.  And while she advertises other OWN shows, this particular commercial is the same, every single time.  No variation - same content.  

And what sucks is Shill's commercial breaks are every 5 minutes! His actual show is 20 minutes long!! It helps to mute these garbage commercial!!

• Love 4
On 5/3/2019 at 3:56 PM, readheaded said:

Coach Mike needs to STFU.  He's such a dunce, he can hardly put a sentence together.

Just saw him on the "scammer" dude episode.  Sitting there with his mouth hanging open.  Then when he says something it's all silly 1980's goofy catch phrases.   No way he wrote a book!  It's prob Mysonjay BS. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 5/2/2019 at 11:00 AM, sempervivum said:

'Devoted Mom Is Now Homeless, Addicted and Incarcerated' (part 1)- Kammi, with 2 daughters who were willing to give her a chance.

Kammi despite being homeless, is clean, her hair is recently bleached, and she wears lots of makeup; she has nice teeth; she wears jewelry and has a modern, intact pair of glasses. Based on her skeletal appearance, I have no doubt Kammi is indeed an addict, but there's more to this story than we're hearing.

They probably did make her appearance tolerable.  But she is in such deep trouble I don't even have any snark to write.  She probably has less than 5% chance of success.

• Love 1

The two things I found annoying about the guy from Friday's show:

1) how he kept looking up every time he was talking

2) the cross on his necklace prominently displayed on his chest to show us that he's "changed his ways" and that he's become a "good Christian"; total Britney Spears as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

2) the cross on his necklace prominently displayed on his chest to show us that he's "changed his ways" and that he's become a "good Christian"; total Britney Spears as far as I'm concerned.

The My Pillow guy does that with the cross he wears. He always makes sure it's shiny and polished. It drives me crazy because it's obvious he's using it as a selling tool.

• Love 3
On 5/1/2019 at 5:10 PM, deirdra said:

Two upcoming episodes on Dr. Oz are about Natalie Wood and the "Abducted in Plain Sight" woman so if you saw it on Dr. Phil no need to see it on Dr. Oz.

• Love 1

Oh my gosh... $hill absolutely had trouble walking to his giant monitor board! His legs were all bent and he was moving very slow and hunched over!....on the episode with the lying 14 yo

• Love 1

I have no interest in seeing a 70 year old man browbeating a crying 14 year old, lying or not. And Phil should know you never say something like “If your father molested you at 10 why did you continue to see him and sleep with him”?

Children are not responsible for their living arrangements or getting themselves out of abusive situations. I don’t believe she was telling the truth but I wouldn’t handle it by suggesting on TV that children have control over getting abused.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I have no interest in seeing a 70 year old man browbeating a crying 14 year old,

I'm glad I wasn't alone feeling that way.

Why is she the only one being held accountable? All the adults were lying, too.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I'm glad I wasn't alone feeling that way.

Why is she the only one being held accountable? All the adults were lying, too.

She was the youngest female on stage therefore making her the easiest prey for him to weld his self imposed authority over.

• Love 4

I felt terrible for this young teen. She had no one in her corner, and going against 4 grown ass adults in front of cameras. I'm not sure that bio dad was that innocent... he admitted to kissing her on the lips, that creeped me out.

The girl probably feels massively unloved and rejected, and is acting out the only way she can think of.

At least coach Mike sat this one out.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I felt terrible for this young teen. She had no one in her corner, and going against 4 grown ass adults in front of cameras. I'm not sure that bio dad was that innocent... he admitted to kissing her on the lips, that creeped me out.

The girl probably feels massively unloved and rejected, and is acting out the only way she can think of.

At least coach Mike sat this one out.

I have a feeling he'll be on today's episode with the Color Me Badd guy.