Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

Next week: Two new episodes and three repeats.

3/11: Exclusive: Grieving Parents React to Chris Watts Confession

Authorities release a confession from killer dad Chris Watts describing the murder of his pregnant wife, Shan'ann, and their two daughters; in an exclusive interview, Shan'ann's parents and brother reveal their reactions to learning the details.

3/12: I Swiped Right on My Quadriplegic Boyfriend (originally scheduled to air 3/7)

Bailey became quadriplegic 11 years ago in a childhood racing accident; girlfriend Harley says she is exhausted being his full-time caregiver; he says he constantly feels resentment from her for taking on that role and he feels like a burden.

3/13: A Secret Revealed; My Sister-in-Law Is a Danger to Her Son (repeat from 1/9)

Chad allows his wife to be alone with their infant son after she overdosed while she was pregnant, caused the baby to be born addicted, and is accused of having been under the influence of heroin when she crashed her SUV with the baby in the vehicle.

3/14: Mother Knows Best: A Story of Munchausen by Proxy and Murder (repeat from 11/21/2017)

Gypsy Rose Blanchard's mother forces her to pretend to be sick, makes her undergo countless surgeries, shaves her head, has a feeding tube inserted and makes her use a wheelchair; the deceit and torture eventually breed a contempt leading to murder.

3/15: Gypsy Rose: From Wheelchair Bound to Behind Bars for Murder (repeat from 11/22/2017)

A severe case of Munchausen syndrome by proxy leads to murder: Gypsy Rose Blanchard decides that killing her own mother is her only way to escape years of abuse.

• Useful 1

Chenoa333, Danielle was truly scary. She and that loser she was with were “absolutely” ready to regain custody of their special needs child. Of course they were! I was horrified to see that they had another baby! She was so ugly, I could barely look at her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Chenoa333, Danielle was truly scary. She and that loser she was with were “absolutely” ready to regain custody of their special needs child. Of course they were! I was horrified to see that they had another baby! She was so ugly, I could barely look at her.

Special needs baby = larger government check for these 2 disgusting losers. Yeah, mommy was definitely a drug addict.

"I'll take crystal meth user for a hundred, Alex".

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I know this show scrapes the bottom of the barrel fairly often, but giving air time to Chris Watts' lies was very low, and vile.   Then this Monday with his grieving former in-laws is going to be even worse.     I'm surprised he's not going to have Watts' relatives on again, to say how he was driven to kill his wife and daughters.        

• Love 4
15 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

but giving air time to Chris Watts' lies was very low, and vile.

When Schill gets hold of a newsy criminal he milks it to empty.   The only reason he's not shoving R Kelly down our throats right now is because Oprah's wife beat him to the punch.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
On 3/11/2019 at 5:30 AM, zillabreeze said:

When Schill gets hold of a newsy criminal he milks it to empty.   The only reason he's not shoving R Kelly down our throats right now is because Oprah's wife beat him to the punch.

I wouldn't mind seeing ONE episode featuring R Kelly's live-in girlfriends. Someone has to get through to them.

If it is a complete bust, then Robin can offer her newest lotion, the life coach can sleaze on in with some sessions or they can write a book and have it published by hissonjay.

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, flyingdi said:

What happened to the second episode about Chris Watts?  Was it shown?

On 3/10/2019 at 3:44 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I know this show scrapes the bottom of the barrel fairly often, but giving air time to Chris Watts' lies was very low, and vile.   Then this Monday with his grieving former in-laws is going to be even worse.     I'm surprised he's not going to have Watts' relatives on again, to say how he was driven to kill his wife and daughters.       

I watched the show  on Monday. I'm sorry I did. It was tortuous to see and hear Shanne's family.

Also, it's unfortunate that dealing with such an unimaginable crime, Dr Phil is a terrible interviewer and his empathy seems so shallow to me.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 5

Today's repeat with the woman who was catfished by "Jeffrey Dean Morgan": the most annoying catfish victim I've ever seen on the show. She wouldn't shut the hell up, a quality that probably won't win her friends in prison. If she were my therapist, I would have been looking for a new one ASAP.

Also, like this week, next week only has three new episodes:

3/18: The Master Mentalist

Master mentalist Lior Suchard says he can use his mind like a precision tool to read minds and influence thoughts; what he reveals after talking to Robin McGraw; he uses his unique gifts to change the minds of some skeptics in the audience.

3/19: Hidden: The Girl Abducted and Held Captive for 29 Days

Fifteen-year-old Jasmine Block was lured into a car by a family friend, then three men held her captive and attempted to kill her over and over for 29 days, but she survived and speaks about her abduction and dramatic escape.

3/20: I've Been Hacked for 5 Years, and It's Destroying My Family

Stacey and Andy claim their lives have been torn apart by a vicious hacker who will stop at nothing to torture them, and Stacey says she's suspicious of everyone being the hacker, even her own family; Ben Shapiro (book "The Right Side of History").

3/21: Arrested for Keying Ex-Boyfriend's Car (repeat from 11/12/2018)

3/22: Dad Confronts Daughter's Abuser (repeat from 11/13/2018)

On 3/10/2019 at 12:44 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm not defending Shill for giving airtime to Chris Watts but every other news/cable/radio/podcast/youtube channel is doing the same thing. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

They should all be ashamed, but as long as it brings it readers, or viewers, then they're happy.  

And not only that, constantly rehashing this one specific heinous crime, takes the focus off of so many other UNSOLVED murders. 

• Love 1
On 2/18/2019 at 8:33 PM, DC Gal in VA said:

What he didn't bring up, which I thought should have been addressed, was whether or not she will be profiting from the sales of her book. IMHO any monies she receives from writing this book is covered in the innocent blood of her father's victims. Afterall, had it not been for their murders, no one would be interested in buying this book.

Agreed. I also tend to throw her MAJOR side-eye, because she made a point of doing a round of media interviews accusing Stephen freaking King of exploiting her father's victims when he wrote a short story about a wife who finds out far into their marriage that her normal-seeming husband is a serial killer, an idea that he said took root by wondering what that must have been like for BTK's wife. Which...fiction authors get ideas from real life situations all the time. Not only that, but the concept of "how does someone live with a spouse for 30+ years and not know they are a serial killer" is a really captivating concept, and - sorry, Kerri - but LOTS of people are going to discuss that, and make art about it. *shrug* Maybe if your dad hadn't murdered all those people, that wouldn't have happened?

But, sure. Stephen King is the one exploiting those people. Not, you know. The person who killed them. Your "95% good dad" dad.

So, anyway, that alone has had my eyes rolling far back in my head for years about her. But, now, this? SHE writes a freaking book about the ACTUAL situation, and that is somehow...not exploiting his victims? But Stephen King's fictional story loosely inspired by news reports about her father is?

Damn. If only there were gold medals for mental gymnastics, she'd have two claims to fame.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I had the chance to watch an entire week of shows.  I turned more than half of them off as being of absolutely no interest.  That never used to be the case.

• Love 5

I deleted it once I read the description.  A “mentalist”??? Doesn’t Phil take delight in stupid-shaming those dumb lonely women and men who get catfished and bilked out of their life savings? He has such a twinkle in his eye as he slowly reveals the poor sap’s twu wuv is actually some Nigerian scammer typing away to 20 different similar saps.  And he has the balls to bring on some scum bag who does cold readings as a vetted guest??  So I guess he has just given up any remaining credibility he had circling the drain.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

So this guy knew everything that everyone was thinking and yet no one in the audience could even fake being shocked . If I were in the audience and someone guessed various things that were on my mind or snapped his fingers and said I wouldn’t be able to stand up or remember my name and that actually happened , I’d be crying and in a state of shock . No one seemed to be shocked by any of it which leads me to believe all the people he picked were paid (bad) actors 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Gads!   This show has gotten so damn awful!  It was obvious that there were people planted in the audience to react to this charleton.  It wasn’t even entertaining.  I still watch to see what is going on but usually delete the show after a little bit.  and to think he has been renewed until 2023(?).  Not sure I even want to peek at it @ 2021 or so.  Hate to think what he will have on or will it just be a one hour infomercial.  Ugh..  glad I like to read.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:28 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

I only had to see the first couple minutes of today's show to know that it's just going to be yet another waste of time.

I don't know why the quote above keeps popping up - I'm not responding to this quote so just disregard.

I didn't watch the Mentalist show, not interested in party tricks.  I only watched the first 15-20 minutes of his interview with the young woman who was abducted and held captive.  As much as I empathize with her ordeal, the interview was just boring.  I couldn't take another "and then what happened/what did you/he do?"  I'm sorry for what she went through and I'm very glad she survived.  Hopefully the interview included the fate of her abductor, but I didn't make it that far. 

• Love 6

I sadly watched the psychic show. When Shill called PlasticRobin onto the stage, she was so over the top acting. It reminded me of the time a few years ago when Shill said that Robin always surprised him, so this time he was going to turn the tables. He brought his kid/band onto the stage to perform as a SURPRISE FOR HIS WOMAN. She acted like she was falling down, covering her mouth with her tiny eyes trying to open. Finally, Shill told her to come on stage and SIT DOWN in a chair they’d brought out for her. OMG. That was the most fake thing I’ve ever seen on TV. That woman needs to go to one of those centers he’s always sending women to because he can’t cure anyone anymore. I hate that I used to really like this show but hate it now. And really hate PlasticRobin. She used to be so pretty and is now a freak.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

It reminded me of the time a few years ago when Shill said that Robin always surprised him, so this time he was going to turn the tables. He brought his kid/band onto the stage to perform as a SURPRISE FOR HIS WOMAN. She acted like she was falling down, covering her mouth with her tiny eyes trying to open. Finally, Shill told her to come on stage and SIT DOWN in a chair they’d brought out for her. OMG. That was the most fake thing I’ve ever

Lol! I can't stop remembering that moment! It was the best of the worst acting EVER😁.

Robin's OTT expression of shock and awe that her "otherSonJordan" was performing live, on stage at his father's TV show. So f'n fake. 

• Love 6
On 3/18/2019 at 5:18 PM, javajeanelaine said:

I lasted 5 minutes.

Yep.  If he's so effing brilliant Dr. P should have had him on the episode with the half million dollar catfished lady.  He could have told Dr. P where to find him.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • LOL 3

If you're not into true crime, next week's show is not a must-see.

3/25: Disappeared Into Thin Air: What Really Happened to Karlie Guse?

On Oct. 13, 2018, 16-year-old Karlie Gusé disappeared from her home in rural California; the girl's father and stepmother are adamant they have no idea what happened to her.

3/26: Finger Pointing and Accusations: Will Karlie Guse Be Found?

Continuing the investigation into the mysterious disappearance of 16-year-old Karlie Gusé, who vanished from her stepmother and father's home in the early morning hours of Oct. 13, 2018.

3/27: Hollywood Obsessed: The Black Dahlia Murder Mystery New Evidence Found

The 1947 case of a 22-year-old woman found murdered in a vacant lot in Los Angeles becomes one of the most notorious unsolved murders in American history.

3/28: Once a Hotshot Rapper, Now Homeless, Addicted and Destroying His Family (repeat from 10/3/2018)

3/29: My Wife Refuses to Admit She's Been Unfaithful Hundreds of Times (repeat from 11/7/2018)

How many more people will be accused of being the Black Dahlia murderer?    There have been at least a dozen books all claiming a different man did this horrific crime, and each one throws in more salacious details about the victim.     My guess, they will never prove who did that one. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Well, that clears up my 3:00pm DVR slot.  If I wanted all this murder/missing stuff, I have the ID Channel and The CI Channel.   Both of which have far superior interviews and interviewers.  Schill is a dolt with these people.

Until the juicy crazies & catfished show back up, I'm out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 3/22/2019 at 12:22 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

What Really Happened to Karlie Guse?

Their go fund me account has almost $8,000 in it.

I do hope she is found.

Black Dahlia murder--whoever dreamed this episode up should lose his/her job.

Unfaithful hundreds of times and won't admit it--if you know she's been unfaithful hundreds of time what makes you think she will change--kick her to the curb.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/25/2019 at 4:21 PM, Morgalisa said:

Karlie Guse's stepmother, shady af. She had a lot of microexpressions, tiny smiles, eyes shifting. I dont know if she is guilty, but she's hiding something, IMO.

When I saw stepmother talking, it was just a couple of days after watching the show about Diane Downs.  It was like watching a replay to see how stepmother was defending her prior lies, etc.  And she sure seemed to love the camera.  Fortunately, she didn't mess up her makeup with any real tears.  Just nanoseconds of a crying face.

ETA:  For crying out loud (or not) birth mother must have gone to the same school of crying - scrunch up your face, but don't ruin your makeup with tears.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 6
Just now, Morgalisa said:

Very odd that neither parent thought her behavior warranted emergency medical care.

Did the police even question the other kids at the party to see if anyone else experienced that reaction. Or to see if someone might know who gave the drug to her. I believe her father had been drinking. A lot. And who knows with the stepmother.

• Love 3

Is Phil's brain deteriorating (more)?  He often pauses mid-sentence looking blank before finishing his point.  He doesn't seem to be searching for the right word, just pausing 3-4X longer than normal before continuing to blather.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I bet he has one of the remote earpieces, and he's being fed questions, and comments through that , so he's pausing to listen.  

I think he needs to retire. I ff thru most of his shows and delete some of them without watching. It's a shame because I used to really enjoy him. And poor Robin's face. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I bet he has one of the remote earpieces, and he's being fed questions, and comments through that , so he's pausing to listen.  

I think you're right.  The other day, when he was talking to the parents of the young lady who was missing, he had on earpieces to listen to a tape that the parents didn't want the whole world to hear . . . just Dr. Phil.  When he took out the listening device earpieces, he put a wireless piece back into his right ear.

• Love 3
On 3/27/2019 at 5:15 PM, deirdra said:

Is Phil's brain deteriorating (more)?  He often pauses mid-sentence looking blank before finishing his point.  He doesn't seem to be searching for the right word, just pausing 3-4X longer than normal before continuing to blather.

This is just speculation...but I wonder if he has Parkinson's disease. Watch his gait when gets up from the chair on stage and walks...it looks very much like a shuffle rather than walking. That is one of the first signs of Parkinson's. His hands shake at times too. The blank stare is also a Parkinson's trait. Frozen facial expressions. My father had Parkinson's and wasn't diagnosed until his late 60's so it's very possible that Dr. Phil might have been diagnosed a few years ago. At first I thought his gait was the result of past football injuries and that might be the case...but the frozen expressions and hand shaking at times make me think it might be Parkinson's. Just speculation...

• Love 3
On 3/27/2019 at 9:38 AM, Morgalisa said:

Did the police even question the other kids at the party to see if anyone else experienced that reaction. Or to see if someone might know who gave the drug to her. I believe her father had been drinking. A lot. And who knows with the stepmother.

There were so many unanswered questions...like the questioning of everyone at the party, what did they find on her phone and other devices? Her father was sketchy as hell...I had a hard time believing anything he said especially when he interrupted his wife and finished he sentences...also, his horrible teeth were hard on the eyes. I think they didn't take her to the emergency room because the father was drunk and maybe the stepmother was a little high herself. Something seemed off with them. Maybe ID Discovery or Oxygen will do a show on this girl's disappearance.

• Love 5