Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

Just saw a bunch of clips for the new season. It looks like we got at least one catfish. Guy is claiming to be dating Miranda Lambert. 

The betting window is now open!  How many minutes into the show before Schill points out that he and Robyn are BESTIES with Miranda?  There's never been celebrity mentioned that he hasn't been tight with for "years". 

Never mind that Coach CroMagnon is the only "celeb" that's ever been on the show....

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Is there any celebrity that he’s not “very good friends with”? I have no idea where he found this “Coach Mike” although I remember the first time I saw him. He was on Shill’s show with Demi Lovato extolling Mike’s miraculous recovery efforts with Demi- she’d been sober for 5 years and they showed them going into a CAST program for addicts. Demi and Mike were encouraging these kids with Demi’s recovery, etc. NONE of that was true. She was using the entire time which has come out in the press since then. Regardless of that, Shill has continued to have this fraud on his show and publish his books by “My Son, Jay’s publishing company”. All of them are shysters. And let’s not even mention Plastica Robin’s miracle cosmetics that have made her look so frozen and plastic. You can look like that too if you use her products! Although you don’t get the huge fake dentures included. Sorry about that.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Just saw a bunch of clips for the new season. It looks like we got at least one catfish. Guy is claiming to be dating Miranda Lambert. 

At first I thought that said Adam Lambert, which then made me wonder if we'll ever see a gay, lesbian or even a non-binary person being catfished on this show (my guess is no, since I don't think people who aren't straight are on his radar.)

ETA: Looks like they're burning off some leftover episodes before the new season starts; four days of the same old crap we've seen on this show many times:

1) Abusive marriages...

8/26: Dr. Phil, Help Our Marriage & My Wife's Kidnapping 35+ Years Ago Captured Our Future Together

Shelly says her new husband is verbally abusive and controlling, and she wants Dr. Phil's help to save her marriage; kidnapping survivor Sandra's anxiety and trauma still affect her daily life and relationship with her husband.

2) A "went-from"...

8/27: Our Preppy and Privileged Son Is Now a Wannabe Gangster

Parents are shocked and horrified to see what 15-year-old Dawson, who idealizes a criminal lifestyle, has been up to right in their well-off neighborhood; a former gang member and a paralyzed woman help explain the consequences of dangerous behavior.

3) Daughter lying about being abused...

8/28: Family Destroyed by Sexual Abuse, Secrets and Lies

Beth says she and her husband are done bankrolling their 26-year-old daughter, Megan, who claims to have been sexually abused, raped, thrown out on the streets, abducted, beaten, sex-trafficked and chained to a bed.

4) Faking illnesses for attention...

8/29: Our Mother Was Diagnosed With Munchausen by Proxy

Shauna's children say she created non-existent illnesses and put them through painful, dangerous medical workups, and that she locked her sons in cage and threw them around the room; her then-husband says he had no idea she was harming the children.

Friday: A repeat from January:

8/30: Criminal Love: Why Women Date Inmates

If this is a preview of what's to come for season 18, it's going to be pretty boring (outside of catfishing, of course).

Edited by iHateAmpersands
Added episodes for the upcoming week.
  • Love 1
On 8/23/2019 at 11:30 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

8/28: Family Destroyed by Sexual Abuse, Secrets and Lies

Beth says she and her husband are done bankrolling their 26-year-old daughter, Megan, who claims to have been sexually abused, raped, thrown out on the streets, abducted, beaten, sex-trafficked and chained to a bed.

I had no sympathy for this Megan.  She was a manipulator, using guilt to have her parents continue to support her.  She also used the baby to give her another piece of leverage - she whine-cried that the child deserves a good life after showing pictures of her messy (hoarded?) apartment.  She seemed to take no responsibility for her situation - boohoo I'm adopted, you never loved me, I've been abused/trafficked/raped.   I'm not even sure I believe her stories of abuse; I can believe she goes off on her "adventures" and when she's ready to come home, she calls up with a 'rescue me' plea.  I can also see her being clever and punching herself to make the bruises they found after rescuing her from a motel.  Then she brings a baby into this mess and using more sob stories to get the parents to take care of her. 

Her mom made made some mistakes, but I applauded her for saying she didn't want to be a babysitter.  She knows her daughter and I'm real sure that Megan would be laying around or start hanging out and letting Mom do the bulk of the infant care.  I was getting worried that Phil was going to throw all this onto the parents, but he did spank Megan to get her to wake up, stand up, and be her own person.   Hopefully, she'll step up.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, patty1h said:

I had no sympathy for this Megan.  She was a manipulator, using guilt to have her parents continue to support her.  She also used the baby to give her another piece of leverage - she whine-cried that the child deserves a good life after showing pictures of her messy (hoarded?) apartment.  She seemed to take no responsibility for her situation - boohoo I'm adopted, you never loved me, I've been abused/trafficked/raped.   I'm not even sure I believe her stories of abuse; I can believe she goes off on her "adventures" and when she's ready to come home, she calls up with a 'rescue me' plea.  I can also see her being clever and punching herself to make the bruises they found after rescuing her from a motel.  Then she brings a baby into this mess and using more sob stories to get the parents to take care of her. 

Her mom made made some mistakes, but I applauded her for saying she didn't want to be a babysitter.  She knows her daughter and I'm real sure that Megan would be laying around or start hanging out and letting Mom do the bulk of the infant care.  I was getting worried that Phil was going to throw all this onto the parents, but he did spank Megan to get her to wake up, stand up, and be her own person.   Hopefully, she'll step up.

I felt the same way. I'm having a hard time believing half of what Megan said. 

• Love 4

I have made the decision to stop watching this show.  Its sooo fake and with all the lying in the world today, enough!  I just can’t stand sanctimonious drphil and plastic mrsdrphil.  There!  I feel better!  amf.  

Edited by Lifesabeach
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Four more burn-off episodes next Tuesday through Friday.

9/3: The 47-Year-Old Relationship Virgin

Adam says he has been on hundreds of dates, but rarely gets a third date; Dr. Phil sends him on a speed date with five single women to dissect what he may be doing wrong.

9/4: Child Kidnapped, Starved and Beaten

Elsa says she was severely abused almost daily for 19 years and starved for weeks at a time by the people she thought were her adoptive parents, until an unlikely person rescued her; what a detective discovered when she saw Elsa at the hospital.

9/5: A Thanksgiving Disaster, a Burned Toddler and a Family at Odds

Jacob is unable to get past his young son's being injured at a holiday gathering five years ago and recently went on a social media rant, rehashing the accident and continuing to lay blame on the family member at whose home the gathering was held.

9/6: We Gave Our 31-Year-Old Daughter a Curfew and Tracked Her on GPS ... but She's Still a Liar and a Drunk

Sara gave her two children to others to raise, but still struggles with life and spends her time partying.

On 8/28/2019 at 3:53 PM, patty1h said:

You are batting 1,000.  If I were them I would move overseas in the middle of the night and leave no forwarding address.  Maybe even join a cult.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 8/29/2019 at 11:03 AM, retired watcher said:

I felt the same way. I'm having a hard time believing half of what Megan said. 

I agree. She seemed inauthentic in her description of being “kidnapped”. If anything, she was prostituting and ended up with a bad dude who beat her up. I didn’t buy the whole cigarette laced with something that knocked her out. I do feel her mother was abusive. She admitted to hitting her and putting soap in her mouth which to me is disgusting and a form of abuse. It seemed to me that her mother was aggressive and the father was passive. This family needed counseling a long time ago...this girl does not have the skills or positive life experiences to be a good mother. It worries me that she will fall back into old behaviors and without grandparents who are willing and able to help raise the child, this baby will be doomed to a life of poverty and neglect. Sad.

On 4/8/2017 at 3:17 AM, Jeebus Cripes said:

The OWN channel played the Pill Popping Twins two-part episode today. Dr. Phil should seriously do a follow up on this family. They absolutely still need help. I live in the same town, and they are not well off at all. One twin (Yvonne) is incarcerated, the other (Yvette) is on hardcore drugs now, and the mother was charged with 38 counts of obtaining a prescription by fraud in 2014. Their mother is a real piece of work. She vilified her daughters, yet does every drug they do. That's the secret they were keeping during the taping of the show. It's not just alcohol and gambling. It's hardcore stuff.

The children moved in with their father when he was released from Prison a few years back. I hope they're doing well. 

So sad. I knew something was up with the mother. They just aired the episodes yesterday and was hoping to see an update on them. There really should be a website that does updates on his guest.  But this is so sad and sadly expected. The issue with Dr. Phil from the few updates I've been able to get is it seem not all his guest (majority) get the intensive help he says he gives.  I know he helps some people and some people are just adverse to help.

So sad for those kids whom are now young adults I assume .  Thanks for the update. 

My dvr is set to record new episodes and a few have shown up recently, but the commercials tease us with the "upcoming season" starting in a week or two.  So, I'm not sure what these are that I'm seeing now, they don't seem to be reruns.  I've been seeing lots of recent tabloid headlines about Dr. Phil and Robin splitting up, so I'm watching to see if they still do the walkoff together at the end.  So far, they have been. 

5 hours ago, suzeecat said:

My dvr is set to record new episodes and a few have shown up recently, but the commercials tease us with the "upcoming season" starting in a week or two.  So, I'm not sure what these are that I'm seeing now, they don't seem to be reruns.  I've been seeing lots of recent tabloid headlines about Dr. Phil and Robin splitting up, so I'm watching to see if they still do the walkoff together at the end.  So far, they have been. 

They're likely episodes that were supposed to air this past season but were held off for some reason or another (aka "burn-offs").

7 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I've been seeing lots of recent tabloid headlines about Dr. Phil and Robin splitting up, so I'm watching to see if they still do the walkoff together at the end.  So far, they have been. 

The tabloids have had them splitting up for years.  This is a case of, when he tells me himself, I might believe it.

• Love 1

Here's the lineup for the first week of Season 18:

9/9: A Jackass Star's Road to Rehab: Bam's Cry for Help

Bam Margera, who rose to fame as the star of the hit MTV series "Jackass," reaches out to Dr. Phil with a cry for help; in an emotional interview, he faces his mother and wife.

9/10: Scammed by an Imposter Posing as Miranda Lambert

Dean, who thought he was in direct contact with singer Miranda Lambert, found out he's been scammed by multiple imposters, but says his love for her did not stop; he and his wife say they want to find out what's going on in Dean's head.

9/11: Social Media Meltdown: Parenting Gone Wild

Karen went on her daughter's Snapchat after she found the girl's boyfriend hiding in her closet; Cassandra live-streamed to vent when she was upset at her children's school; a mom posts a controversial video about her toddler's picky eating habits.

9/12: Desperate for Insta-Fame

Jessy, 21, says she is consumed with finding social media fame and thinks she is nothing without her followers; former guest Ava returns to admit that she put on an act to gain followers last season on "Dr. Phil"; Nastassia, a fitness influencer.

9/13: Caught Between Two Brittanys

Brittany and Jeramie have an on-and-off and tumultuous co-parenting relationship, and Jeramie recently re-connected with old classmate Brittney and moved her into his home.

15 hours ago, TV Glotzer said:

That father of the kid who got hurt on the treadmill is the very definition of drama queen.  Jeebus.

His sister is right about him feeling guilty. You don't let a 2 year old play unattended by an adult ever. I have a 2 year old grandson and at family gatherings if his mom or dad aren't watching him they always ask someone else to. His son never should have been downstairs without and adult. The blame is squarely on the mom and him.

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Cindyluwho said:

What a boring season opener. 

I was glad to miss it.  Not even sure who this guy was when I saw the previews last week - is this another one like the Survivor winner who's now an addict?

That father of the kid who got hurt on the treadmill is the very definition of drama queen.  Jeebus.

He wanted guarantees that his child would never ever be hurt.  If that's the worst thing that ever happens to the child, he should definitely consider himself lucky.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, b2H said:

I was glad to miss it.  Not even sure who this guy was when I saw the previews last week - is this another one like the Survivor winner who's now an addict?

I suspect Bam Margera is going to be the same as Survivor guy - a yoyo case who will clean up for a while and will be crying for Phil's help again in a year(s).

Speaking of the Survivor guy (Todd Herzog), I think Phil had him on about 3-4 times, to the point that I was yelling at my TV that this guy was a lost cause - Phil would send him to whatever rehab and then Todd is back on, a drunk hot mess.  I started questioning Phil's methods and effectiveness and that maybe Phil's magical doctor spiel was BS - Todd wasn't getting off the booze after all Phil's voodoo. Seeing your post got me wondering if he ever finally got his shit together...

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, camom said:

He wanted guarantees that his child would never ever be hurt.  If that's the worst thing that ever happens to the child, he should definitely consider himself lucky.

And how much is Dad hurting the kid's self esteem by going on and on about the "disfiguring" and "life-altering" scars (that nobody would notice if Dad did not show 10X scale blow-ups)?  Dad is the one screwing up the kid's life.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, b2H said:

Bam I think, started out on MTV with some stupid show called Jackass where a group of young guys did stupid things like shoving toy cars up their a$$. But that was almost 20 years ago. This guy must be close to 40 by now. 

i could only take 5 minutes of this guy. It all seemed fake and insincere. Like being on Dr. Phil was just another "funny" trick for the boys who are part of the JackAss team.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, patty1h said:

I suspect Bam Margera is going to be the same as Survivor guy - a yoyo case who will clean up for a while and will be crying for Phil's help again in a year(s).

Speaking of the Survivor guy (Todd Herzog), I think Phil had him on about 3-4 times, to the point that I was yelling at my TV that this guy was a lost cause - Phil would send him to whatever rehab and then Todd is back on, a drunk hot mess.  I started questioning Phil's methods and effectiveness and that maybe Phil's magical doctor spiel was BS - Todd wasn't getting off the booze after all Phil's voodoo. Seeing your post got me wondering if he ever finally got his shit together...

I think some addicts can never be helped or get better. Sad but true. Even the best of the best in treatment facilities can't save some addicts. Todd from "Survivor" might be one of those addicts. I hope not because Todd did seem like a decent guy but I don't have much hope for him. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, patty1h said:

He did a Reddit AMA last year and revealed that he was now sober (and still is going by some comments I saw on some of his pictures on Instagram) and is also now engaged to his boyfriend, updates we likely won't see since he claimed in December 2017 that Dr. Phil's producers gave him vodka and Xanax before his infamous 2013 appearance.

Tomorrow: hope everyone's hungry for some catfish.

Edited by iHateAmpersands
  • Useful 2

I follow Bam on Instagram and have for some time and the man is in need of serious mental health care along with a drug intervention. He frequently goes to these "spa" type places in California where he lasts around a week before leaving. He's been in a rehab now for nearly a month but I doubt that'll work either as I recently watched a podcast on YT he did where he's still clearly not right.

That being said, what was the point of this Dr Phil interview? A 40-year old man who's blaming all of his problems on his mother because she...cleaned up his house? His wife is being "stubborn?" A man who claims to have no drinking or drug problem yet only days earlier was kicked off a flight because he reeked of booze? All I saw was a sad artifact of the past being used by wealthy idiot who contributed nothing to Bam getting actual help besides introducing him to yet another high-end rehab owner who wore a lovely suit...with terrible fur-lined clogs! 

On the first catfish show of the season, the catfishing was overshadowed by the fact that the victim was a creepy nutcase who went as far as to send the real Miranda Lambert* a "suicide" video when he heard she got married for the second time. Thankfully, Coach Mike comes on to save the day by helping the victim realize that he's a stalker and that he needs help with his mental issues.

Also, there was a Robin audience sighting on two separate occasions (once when talking about the family's experience with stalkers and again to talk about the advice she gave "Philip" shortly after they got married).

*The number of times her whole name was said throughout the show is enough to make a drinking game out of it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 8/23/2019 at 1:54 PM, AZChristian said:

Don't forget Kathy Bates.  Was anyone else hoping she'd tie him to a bed and break his ankle????

Or cast him in the next Geico Caveman ad.

24 minutes ago, Monie said:

Oh my gosh, Plastica is becoming a shriveled dried up mess!!!🤤

Ok. THIS will make me watch! Lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

They moved his show in my area he is on an hour earlier. Looks like he switched with Ellen. Hmmmm.....

I watched the shit out of Jackass back in the day. I could only watch a few minutes of him on here though. He is an angry man. I know he has been in and out of rehabs but DAMN. He looks really fucking bad. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

They moved his show in my area he is on an hour earlier. Looks like he switched with Ellen. Hmmmm.....

I watched the shit out of Jackass back in the day. I could only watch a few minutes of him on here though. He is an angry man. I know he has been in and out of rehabs but DAMN. He looks really fucking bad. 

My daughter and I used to think he was so cute😯

Edited by Monie
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

On the first catfish show of the season, the catfishing was overshadowed by the fact that the victim was a creepy nutcase who went as far as to send the real Miranda Lambert* a "suicide" video when he heard she got married for the second time. Thankfully, Coach Mike comes on to save the day by helping the victim realize that he's a stalker and that he needs help with his mental issues.

Also, there was a Robin audience sighting on two separate occasions (once when talking about the family's experience with stalkers and again to talk about the advice she gave "Philip" shortly after they got married).

*The number of times her whole name was said throughout the show is enough to make a drinking game out of it.

I love me a good catfishing show!  This guy, OMG, what a pathetic excuse for a husband!  I understand that his wife was just humoring him when he said he had invited his one true love to their home for dinner, but the minute he sent her a dime the wife should have taken legal action, whether divorcing or committing him.  And where the h#ll does this tool get off being broken hearted that the love of his life gets married, when he himself has been married the entire length of their emotional affair?!?!  I have to give Dr. Phil credit for having much more patience than I would with this jerk.  I hope he follows through with his 30 day internet ban, but I can't imagine him being able to do that. 

And Robin - whoa!  Her face has definitely taken another turn . . . maybe her skin care products aren't as miraculous as she claims.   Her eyes seem to be sinking into her skull.

Couldn't be bothered watching the Bam interview.  I never watched the original show he was on, but he has been on every single reality show since then, with the premise of seeking help.  Enough already.  Next!

Edited by suzeecat
addition and correction
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

WTF?  AGAIN with the insta-whores?  Why is Schill so fascinated by these idiots?  Is he a perv or what?   

Dark headed girl with giant sagging udders in an ill-fitting bra.  Who in hell is supposed to be looking to her for anything?   

Spidey Lash bleach blond keeps coming on and is still carrying on about her celeb fame.  He's fixing nothing, but he keeps giving them the fame they're seeking.

Oh shut it Schill.  You're embarrassing yourself.

Here comes the big dumbass "Coach" to add his idiocy.  What is this the "Springer, Infomercial, Epstein Hour"???

AND can anyone under 30 speak an entire sentence with out saying "like" five times?????  It makes my head hurt.

Edited by zillabreeze
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

"Desperate for Instafame". Please Phil, these people ARE desperate to be noticed so STOP HAVING THEM ON YOUR SHOW. 

I don't care about this Instagram Ho who looks like a puffy Amy Winehouse. At least Winehouse had a legitimate gift of singing and song writing. 

These "Instagram" people are only on the Phil show to get more noteriety for their stupid ass Instagram account. STOP PUTTING THEM ON YOUR SHOW PHIL!. If you don't have them on your show, they'll go away. It's like "don't leave food out for the stray dogs and they won't come back."

This is his new season? Please Phil and Plastica....Retire already. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

"Coach" Mike. Again. Phuck off Mike. Thanks.

Why is Schill trying so hard to make this mouth breathing dumbass happen?  It's like ol' Coach has blackmail pics of Schill with his britches down out in barnyard   (or as we say in the construction biz - "nekkid goat pictures")

"Coach" reminds me of the athletic coaches back in Jr High that were supposed to also teach an academic subject to earn their keep.  They were barely literate.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 9/10/2019 at 3:49 AM, Giant Misfit said:

contributed nothing to Bam getting actual help besides introducing him to yet another high-end rehab owner who wore a lovely suit...with terrible fur-lined clogs! 

Are you referring to Coach Mike? If so, I must see this episode because Coach Mike does nothing but make me laugh!

Like the guy who had a Miranda Lambert addiction so Coach Mike does a "role playing" segment with this guy. First, it's the Coach telling the Miranda fan to talk to the cardboard cutout of Miranda (😁 too f'n funny!) and pretend to be Miranda's security guard and "what would you say to a fan who was stalking Miranda?" 

I suffered second hand embarrassment for the Coach, the Stalker, and Phil. But I still LMAO!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Are you referring to Coach Mike?

LOL ...  the person I was describing was a lady but it appears that I have to tune in more frequently (outside appearances from celebrities in crisis) to catch some of this clog-wearing Coach Mike who, from what a cursory glance at Google tells me, seems to be injecting himself around the clock with anabolic steroids. 

2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Coach Mike who, from what a cursory glance at Google tells me, seems to be injecting himself around the clock with anabolic steroids. 

Yes!!! I thought he looked like he got bigger! Bigger, wider, fatter head, fatter neck. And fatter EGO. I am off to Google his wife! Lol!

ETA: apparently he's not married. It's probably not easy to be a beautiful, confident woman competing with Coach's EGO. 

• Love 3

My eyes hurt from rolling back in my head when they showed how excited the audience got when they found out they were each going home with their very own copy of Coach Mike's New York Time's Best Selling Book!  Of course, most of the books "sold" were to the Dr. Phil show to GIVE AWAY to the audience.  Who else would spend money on that B.S.????  Especially if it offers such valuable advice as having conversations with life size cardboard cutouts. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I rarely watch an episode all the way through, but stayed long enough for the 'breakthrough' of the Instagram queen.  Did anybody else think it was nearly too convenient when the dark-haired girl listened to one simplistic analysis and suddenly burst into "You're right!  I'm terrible! I'm lonely and have no friends and it's all empty and hollow" -- with appropriate crying.  It looked really suspicious to me.

And, I was guessing that later that day her Instagram would show her saying "Hah!  Did you see how I did that?  I played them big-time.  Pretty good, huh?"   

75% of me doesn't believe her.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, Chippings said:

Did anybody else think it was nearly too convenient when the dark-haired girl listened to one simplistic analysis and suddenly burst into "You're right!  I'm terrible! I'm lonely and have no friends and it's all empty and hollow" -- with appropriate crying.  It looked really suspicious to me.

Just when I thought that I couldn't dislike Coach Mike any more he says something fantastic. He immediately shut down Jessy's pity party.

Jessy wants to be the next Cash Me Outside guest.

Ava needs to lay off of the lip fillers and stop drinking. She limits herself to 5 drinks! I think that she has a drinking problem.

• Love 2