Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Treat Me Right

• Start Topic

In Ben's first episode, he is seen googling "Bride Price in Kenya." It was on his computer screen. We're getting the "stoopid American" edit that we thrive on. 

Akinyi's child voice and behavior is extremely irritating to me. She's making me want to agree with Ben about her being an obnoxious drunk, and she may have not even been drunk. 

Anyone who cannot get enough of Tom's sister, and I'm sure there are at least ZERO of you, Emma has a Cameo account. For $30 you can have a personalized message. 

gremlindrunk.jpg

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think akyini would like for people to think she is dumb. I think it's part of the baby voice and faux innocence.  

I find her cunning and manipulative.  Beyond her excitement when they first met at the airport I haven't found akyini even marginally likeable.  Sometimes pitiable.  Never likeable.

I think she wants to come to the US, and she would put up with Ben to be here.  But she wants to live a completely different lifestyle and I really don't think she wants Grayson around. 

I get the distinct impression that she feels like she can manipulate Ben with her feminine wiles, but it hasn't worked because Ben won't sleep with her. 

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think she is a some young innocent, sheltered woman. I think she knows VERY well what she is doing.

6 hours ago, magemaud said:

My favorite Rebecca quotes tonight:

”...After all we’ve been through in the past THREE weeks!”

”Zied’s jealousy is coming out of nowhere...” 

The first words out of Darcey’s mouth upon meeting Emma, “Aww, you’re beautiful!” 

28C9BF69-34A7-4748-B3CD-C6B5F9321B83.jpeg

I thought Darcey was quite gracious to her,  the sister shouldn't talk about looks. Who did that blush!

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Dobian said:

The saddest moment in the episode was right after Michael's friends left to go toke up some more and maybe hit a club and have some fun, while Michael was left behind in his self-imposed Hell with Angela.

I felt for the guy.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

Why is dumb ass Rebecca wearing a leather jacket and scarf in the desert? 

Why is Michael with this huge old ugly ass whale who is verbally and physically abusive to him? Surely he can find someone that is not hideous, wrinkly, smelly, gross, broke, etc.  He's a young good-looking guy. She is possibly the grossest thing to ever appear on tv. 

Damn Darcy for making herself look like more of an idiot on every episode. There is just no way in hell to like her. 

I am fully agree with your description of Angela. She is repulsive. 

And I don't know how Darcy does not fall over. She is weighted down on the front with those big boobs, puffed up lips, and most of the time she is standing on 5" heels.  She is desperate and I'm not sure what she is desperate for. Is it marriage? Is it a husband? Is it someone who will tell her they love her? Sad.

13 hours ago, OrchidThief said:

Me too! And the "You're an alcoholic" BS is such a hackneyed old male control trick.

But he is super religious and he thinks she drank too much.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

Why is Michael with this huge old ugly ass whale who is verbally and physically abusive to him? Surely he can find someone that is not hideous, wrinkly, smelly, gross, broke, etc.  He's a young good-looking guy. She is possibly the grossest thing to ever appear on tv.

Keep in mind that Michael loves Donald Trump. Angela is probably a dream come true for him:

dh4b09coi5h11.jpg

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 10/4/2019 at 4:11 PM, Spike said:

I wonder if she is supporting technical husband for ten years and if so whether she plans to tell Zied.

Omg, yes,  I forgot about the M having to sponsor them for 10 years. These people are fools.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I have a feeling Akinyi is lying to Ben.  So all he has to do is pay the bride's price and they are automatically married?!  That doesn't seem right. 

5 hours ago, gingerella said:

Methinks Akinyi isn’t being truthful - yet again - about this brief price marriage thing. IIRC, the bride price ceremony is also known as a customary marriage, and it is not considered legal in Kenya with foreigners, and it is more used in very rural communities, not in Nairobi. To be a legal marriage in Kenya one has to marry either in church or mosque, or a civil ceremony, and there’s are steps to be done and it doesn’t happen I need one day at Father Akinyi’s Church of the Yelling Souls. If dumbass Ben googled this shit for FIVE fucking minutes, he would have known this shirt:

https://www.statelaw.go.ke/getting-married-in-kenya/

I think this is some producer prompted mess because Akinyi actually starts with a caveat about traditional marriage custom. I, like you, googled and found the same weblink. Though I think she was also letting him know that if he paid the bride price, but never attempted to bring her to the US, never came back to Kenya, or was found to be dating another woman, her family and community would treat it like some big wahala.

Michael should be grateful for all of the roadblocks to having a child with Angela. One of her daughters is a child molester and Angela is unstable and abusive. Her bloodline is fundamentally flawed. He also needs to locate how she treated his friends who were completely correct about how she treats Michael.

Darcey needs to buy a clue both about how Stacey hates her and will stop at nothing to make Darcey miserable and that Tom is just fucking with her head.

Tim wants to be a father 24/7 more than he wants to get laid. Adopt or find a surrogate. He is so much more relaxed when a kid is present. I don't think he's sketchy or a predator. Some guys have biological clocks and get baby crazy too. I friends who are a gay couple. One really wanted kids, but the other didn't. The one who wanted kids acquiesced, but when he's around his nieces and nephews, god children, or friends' kids he looks like he's dying inside especially when he has to leave them.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

A trip to Kenya probably cost Ben a massive amount of money. He invested a lot and maybe wants something out of his effort.

He and Akini do not really connect, and she probably is not right for him and his prudish ways. She has little interest in the life he offers her. Akini would need to change to suit him and things will eventually implode.

Ben, the money has been spent.  Get out, go home and call it a day.  You won't hurt her feelings as she wants out, too.  I still think she was acting all hammered as she knew it would turn him off.

3 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

She is not some innocent virgin Ben wants to think she is.   She made that comment last week that men do not usually turn her down for sex. 

Yep, she had been around the block and has made a few stops.  No judging, she is 26, but the virgin thing is getting rusty.

7 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I have this theory that Darcy gets so drunk so fast because she never eats.

And when they met with Dominating Sister she started with a drink that appeared to be a mixed drink then left with a glass of wine on the table.  

9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Rebecca has only known Zied physically for the past three weeks. She has yet to see him angry, hurt, sick, etc.  How he handles conflict and challenges, how he treats others around him (those who can do things for him and those who can't). How he handles having an er, um, uh, job. He has probably been on his best behavior - except for the greasy hair part.

This, exactly!  "I am not sure where is jealousy is coming from."  Did he not tell you, up front, that he is a jealous and controlling guy?  Why in hell do you have a picture of your ex anywhere on your phone or anywhere in your life?  You never had kids with him so get it out of there, girl!  Oh wait....you wanted him to find him to "test" him a la middle school......guess he failed the test.  Or maybe be passed, with Rebecca I am not sure......

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 14
On 10/5/2019 at 9:26 AM, DiamondGirl said:

How could Rebecca complain in the US about Zied not working - she knows he won’t be able to work for quite awhile.  She’s still deceiving that guy about her marital status - she’s just Sumit-from-Georgia.  TECHnically

Don't tell that to Rebecca. She or her twitter minions throw a fit if you compare her to Sumit.  Trust me.  But I do agree with you.  I wonder how difficult it will be for her to get Zied to the States when a) she still has to finish off divorce b) it's the second K1 visa she will be applying for and c) if she even has the financial means to sponsor the guy.

7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Emma looks like a Monty Python cast member in drag or an over the top Wallace and Gromit character.

THANK YOU!! I mean who the hell did her makeup and WHY?!?!?!  I don't put on makeup but certainly wouldn't plaster it on like a drag queen.  Heck even drag queens have more expertise in applying blush. 

Other than that. Angela continues to become an abusive bitch by alienating Mykull's friends from him with old big Ang being the prize. Seriously Mykull!??!?! Is the Green Card worth it?!?!  

• Love 17
50 minutes ago, queenbee24 said:

Benjamin wants the mousy little girl who will fawn over him and do as he wishes but he’s not getting that with Akinyi. That’s not who she is. She wants to drink and party and have fun and honestly, there’s not even a little bit of her that’s into him, she just wants out of where she is. He’s weird and gross and preachy and she’s wild and immature. Match made in hell. I personally think she faked the drunkenness to test him. For all his preaching, he’s had a failed relationship obviously, and he is crowning her queen stepmother without even seeing how she and his kid interact. I honestly can’t stand him and his constantly twitching chin.

Ben wants a passive nanny sex maid. His friend had to remind him of all of the big issues between them, which Ben fessed up to not talking to Akinyi about.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think akyini would like for people to think she is dumb. I think it's part of the baby voice and faux innocence.  

I find her cunning and manipulative.  Beyond her excitement when they first met at the airport I haven't found akyini even marginally likeable.  Sometimes pitiable.  Never likeable.

I think she wants to come to the US, and she would put up with Ben to be here.  But she wants to live a completely different lifestyle and I really don't think she wants Grayson around. 

I get the distinct impression that she feels like she can manipulate Ben with her feminine wiles, but it hasn't worked because Ben won't sleep with her. 

I just don’t get why Ben loves her.  There’s nothing there. She is just blank.  No personality.  They are sitting in front of a house where rocks are all around them.  The place is in shambles.  Maybe she blew him away on the internet?  Is it true she’s been around the block and the family wants to get her off their hands?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Ben, the money has been spent.  Get out, go home and call it a day.  You won't hurt her feelings as she wants out, too.  I still think she was acting all hammered as she knew it would turn him off.

Yep, she had been around the block and has made a few stops.  No judging, she is 26, but the virgin thing is getting rusty.

And when they met with Dominating Sister she started with a drink that appeared to be a mixed drink then left with a glass of wine on the table.  

This, exactly!  "I am not sure where is jealousy is coming from.  Did he not tell you, up front, that he is a jealous and controlling guy?  Why in hell do you have a picture of your ex anywhere on your phone or anywhere in your life?  You never had kids with him so get it out of there, girl!  Oh wait....you wanted him to find him to "test" him a la middle school......guess he failed the test.  Or maybe be passed, with Rebecca I am not sure......

THIS!!!!!!

It drives me bananas everytime she acts flummoxed, because he literally told her, multiple times that he is a controlling and jealous guy.  I realize he has a thick accent and talks like count chocula but even I got it through the  television.  

• LOL 14
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Keep in mind that Michael loves Donald Trump. Angela is probably a dream come true for him:

dh4b09coi5h11.jpg

In that first picture she looks a lot like trump in the face.  She should get one of those DNA tests done because she absolutely could be related to POTUS.

ETA: if she is related to trump he can pay for the egg totin' and also, I think she'd maybe have a shot at an Ivanka egg.....or at least a Tiffany trump egg.

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

A trip to Kenya probably cost Ben a massive amount of money. He invested a lot and maybe wants something out of his effort.

He and Akini do not really connect, and she probably is not right for him and his prudish ways. She has little interest in the life he offers her. Akini would need to change to suit him and things will eventually implode.

A prime example of the "Sunk Cost Fallacy".  He is definitely trying to "get his moneys worth" but at what cost.  You can see the disappointment in his face every time she speaks and he keeps trying to figure out how this will work with his son.  Time to cut your losses, dude.

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, Cini said:

All Darcey needs to do to finally get a proposal, is look for a poor guy in a poor country and she can have her "whirlwind romance" too.

Hell, why not change things up and have Darcey paired up with Mi-cuhl!!! He would at least be with someone too weak physically and emotionally to abuse him the way Angie does.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Hell, why not change things up and have Darcey paired up with Mi-cuhl!!! He would at least be with someone too weak physically and emotionally to abuse him the way Angie does.

And Darcy probably would have better luck totin’ eggs.

• LOL 12
  • Love 5

Rebecca looked far happier in that photo with her ex than she has ever looked with Zied.

Also, where was the bathroom in their Saharan desert tent?  Not that Zied would ever use the shower, of course.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5

I dunno bout ya'll but if I were Jeniffer I'd bust a move away from Tim and his creepy ex/bestie. What the heck was THAT? His ex asking his current gf (whom she has never met) how they physical side of things are going? Rude! Seems like Tim's ex Veronica knows a lil something something about his performance issues? His whole situation is weird a fuck. But I woulda left the damn table had I been Jennifer! How may of ya'll would put up with your man's ex (who yo never met) asking you about your sex life? 

• Love 22
13 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Zieds soccer friend would marry her without laying eyes on her.  

He would always tell her she is beautiful and would have no problem with her drinking.  

I agree @Cini in that that is a point in Darcy's favor.  If Darcy ever gets to Tunisia, she will feel like a queen 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, Cammi said:

I dunno bout ya'll but if I were Jeniffer I'd bust a move away from Tim and his creepy ex/bestie. What the heck was THAT? His ex asking his current gf (whom she has never met) how they physical side of things are going? Rude! Seems like Tim's ex Veronica knows a lil something something about his performance issues? His whole situation is weird a fuck. But I woulda left the damn table had I been Jennifer! How may of ya'll would put up with your man's ex (who yo never met) asking you about your sex life? 

No the whole thing was really weird to me, too.  I don't think that was producer driven either, it was Veronica being loud, brash and pushy.  I would have left too - who asks that question?  It was almost as bad as Avery prompting Omar to talk about the wedding night.   I think the poster upthread who said Tim Tim just enjoys being a dad.  He overthinks the romance part with a woman.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I think many people on these shows are suffering from the "sunk cost fallacy."   That would definitely include Caesar --unless his relationship with Maria is totally fake,  Jenny for Sumit, Ben for Akilini, Corey for Evilin,  and Michael for Angie as well as Tiff for Ronald and Deavan with Jihoon. 

• Love 6
On 10/4/2019 at 7:48 AM, Zevious Zoquis said:

Yeah I like Jenniffer.  She seems to have her head on pretty straight.

She threw a pitcher of water on him when she found out he'd dated another woman from Colombia! Berates him, cusses him out and threatens to leave him in every (ridiculous) argument! 

On 10/4/2019 at 6:39 PM, nytonc said:

is that a Gucci hijab on Avery’s head?

Sure looked like it! But then I saw the safety pin stuck through it and I just can't believe someone would abuse a Gucci scarf in that way. But it could be a fake or just some random knock off. (I didn't get a good look.)

13 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

I don’t understand why Rebecca has been continuously wearing those thick denim, skin tight jeans in the desert.  Why not some pretty, flowy outfits in the beautiful materials they probably have there?

Seems like the cool season there. Even Zied wears sweaters and jackets.

13 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I have a feeling Akinyi is lying to Ben.  So all he has to do is pay the bride's price and they are automatically married?!  That doesn't seem right. 

And what would be the problem be with Ben just standing up for himself and telling her, "hey, I was not aware of that. I am going to need more time. I have a child and others I would need to tell before I did something so permanent. Please inform your family we will have to depart from this custom a bit"???

I don't understand why he is working himself up into a panic over this when he has already become ambivalent about her.

11 hours ago, iwasish said:

If Angela had a baby with Michaels sperm and her daughters egg, it would be Angela’s stepchild/grandchild  and the daughters child/step sibling. (I think)

I'm assuming she would adopt it. Isn't that how surrogacy usually works? Then nonbio parent adopts?

3 hours ago, queenbee24 said:

You know who doesn’t deserve what he’s getting though? Michael. Angela is a hosebeast from hell.

I do not understand the Michael sympathy. He is free to walk at any time. 

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Cini said:

All the other Americans, including Smug Stacey, are looking for spouses who have something to gain by being with the Americans. 

Maybe not Avery. Omar is an educated guy w/ a profession. Sure, he may not want to stay in Syria but it seems like people from Arab countries can move around rather freely from one Arab country to the next. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Yeah, can't agree in that one. Speaking as a straight male and after having shown her to others, that's not what we are seeing. Her body may be the main attraction I guess but unattractive she is not imo.

My 12yo son, husband, and I find her equally attractive.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

And I think her personality makes it even worse. I wouldn't find her SO unattractive if she was at least a good person. But, I don't get why people of her body type wear such revealing clothing, with chest, boobs, arms all on full display. Ugh. Her face was so wrinkly (smoker) when she was getting the ultrasound. The fertility clinic tech probably laughed her ass off after they left.

One AAAAGG, and it might be daaaaid . . . .

I cracked up when before she called Skyla on Skype she checked her fried, nasty, uncombed 'hair-don't' first. You thought THAT was OK?!

Edited by ChiMama
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

I think they would both be thrilled. He would lavish attention upon her, get a viable egg (I'm sure she is better off than Angela), a green card and she would get her proposal. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

The problem with Darcey is that she wants someone posh and polished. Meanwhile she chases the same type of man. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, greekmom said:

The problem with Darcey is that she wants someone posh and polished. Meanwhile she chases the same type of man. 

that is true, there goes the match up with Michael. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

But did you see Tom's sister in the interviews with her partner? Her cheeks weren't that red. I am not sure if she was hot? I don't think it was over doing it on the blush as more of a medical thing.

And the way Zied held onto Rebecca's neck/back of the head... If that were me, I would be high tailing it out of the desert and going straight to the real Las Vegas. To me that is a control thing. and I am sorry you can't change a jealous controlling man.

BTW that cookie monster comment. SPOT ON

Omar is a robot. I look at my dogs more lovingly than he does to Avery. She is hanging all over him and he doesn't even hold her hand. He doesn't even look at her.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

Ok. Here's my theory about Becky with the bad hair. She wanted Greasy to see the photo of her ex. She likes to create drama, and enjoys when a man gets jealous over her. If this happened with a guy she met from the States on Tinder, there would be no fireworks. The guy who be like 'whatevah' and start pulling up pics of all the women he's met online to compare notes on who has the worst dating story.

There was an imaginary bubble over My-Kull's head during the showdown between Refrigerator Ang, and Mike's friends. It basically was, "NO!, NO! No Fight with Ang-E-La. She's turning green. I NEED TO GET TO AMERIKA! STAHP IT" The guy wants so desperately to get to the USA that he will deal with whatever abuse Ang throws at him. 

I don't understand why Tiny Tim needed to video chat with low-rent Jillian Michaels. They may be best friends, but that is just weird to introduce the new flame to your ex fiancé. It's almost like TT wanted to prove he's been inside a woman before. It irritated the eff outta me when Tiny took Jen shopping as a way to patch up his tantrum on the mountain. How about stop acting like a douchebag? 

Akinyi's appears to have the mental age of around 15 or 16 years old.  She also has the tendency to speak with baby-girl voice when Ben doesn't approve of something. For instance, when Hairyback Ben was tsk-tsking her about having a cocktail she went into little girl speak. 

Darcey is an empty shell of a woman. All she ever does is preen, or cry. She never fully engaged, or has anything interesting to say. It scene after scene of her stroking her matted mane, or doing the 'trout pout' or batting her fake spider-leg lashes. I feel sorry for her. Tom, on the hand, looks like a guy who is on a very bad blind date, but cannot escape. 

Spot on @Barbara Please.  

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

Maybe not Avery. Omar is an educated guy w/ a profession. Sure, he may not want to stay in Syria but it seems like people from Arab countries can move around rather freely from one Arab country to the next. 

I agree that he's educated and has options.

But the fact that he was looking for a spouse on an American dating site and that he falsely claimed to be located in the US, makes me think that he would prefer to come to the USA. I do think though that he is the best catch by far amongst the foreign spouses and I do like him so far. 

There is nothing wrong with wanting to live in a certain country, it gets ugly when people are willing to scam and use somebody to achieve that goal - and I don't think Omar is scamming Avery. He may well have fallen in love with her. She is young and pretty and seems to admire him.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Cini said:

But the fact that he was looking for a spouse on an American dating site and that he falsely claimed to be located in the US, makes me think that he would prefer to come to the USA. I do think though that he is the best catch by far amongst the foreign spouses and I do like him so far. 

There is nothing wrong with wanting to live in a certain country, it gets ugly when people are willing to scam and use somebody to achieve that goal - and I don't think Omar is scamming Avery. He may well have fallen in love with her. She is young and pretty and seems to admire him.

If he is scamming her at least she is young and pretty and has viable eggs! He could have ended up with an Angela or Laura. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

And the way Zied held onto Rebecca's neck/back of the head... If that were me, I would be high tailing it out of the desert and going straight to the real Las Vegas. To me that is a control thing. and I am sorry you can't change a jealous controlling man.

Ummmm, yeah. 100%!!!!

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

I don't understand why Tiny Tim needed to video chat with low-rent Jillian Michaels. They may be best friends, but that is just weird to introduce the new flame to your ex fiancé. It's almost like TT wanted to prove he's been inside a woman before.

You know how production always manages to arrange an awkward, totally gratuitous video chat at the most inopportune times, like when the couple is already on the rocks and contemplating breaking up. Annie tried to say hi to David Poor's kids who didn't even know she existed. And was it Jenny and that moron who wore the matching ballcaps everyday who made the call to his relative who was married to someone else from her country and they accused her of being a gold digger? Hazel was supposed to say hi What's his name's 5 year old autistic daughter but his ex wouldn't answer the phone or something. I can't remember all the details but there are so many train wreck video calls on this show. Just why? Stop it! LOL

16 minutes ago, Cini said:

Yeah, I agree. He would rather be in the US. But he would still likely be a good a husband and stick around. He's too boring to have ulterior motives! LOL

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Cammi said:

How may of ya'll would put up with your man's ex (who yo never met) asking you about your sex life? 

She should have said, "That's rude and really none of your business" (but she's probably like me and doesn't think of great retorts until hours later) 

• LOL 7
  • Love 10