Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Treat Me Right

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, magemaud said:

I read somewhere that Tom breeds championship bulldogs.

Darcey's face and body is very bulldoggish...jowly face, pug nosed, rheumy eyes, snorting nostrils, bowed legs, stumpy, flat butt...

Tom has a type...

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Mothra said:

You know what just occurred to me?  Those Jersey Shore guys on MTV?  I can't remember what their show was called, but they were meticulous yet ferociously hetero--and that show about John Gotti's daughter--they showed how her sons spent an hour just getting their hair gel right.  Any suggestion that hyper-male guys like that might be gay would find you at the bottom of the bay in a pair of cement overshoes.

Maybe they are a variety of dandy?  They took a lot of time to coordinate their clothing, worked hard at tweezing, cultivated their nails and gelled like hell.  Yet they too looked grubby.  Maybe for them the grubbiness is the no-we're-not-gay marker.

Is the historically-influenced clothing like that in the photo PM posted part of the dandies you know about?  What kind of clothes do they wear?  The Jersey Shore guys wore those sleeveless t-shirts and backward baseball caps (and strange shorts/not shorts) Tim affects.

There was a marvelous historian of clothing--can you imagine?--named Anne Hollander who wrote a book I love:  Seeing Through Clothes.  She studied how the shape of clothing as portrayed in paintings and sculptures suggested what bodies looked like--or were supposed to look like--through the ages.  The medieval paintings with the tiny high apple breasts and swollen bellies--what's going on with that?  And we know that human bodies have been pretty much the same since we started making art, so how clothing is shown demonstrates ideal bodies without having to "confess" that the real body underneath doesn't really look like that.  Wonderful book.

That's not what those dandy's looked like, but the dedication to appearance...the degree of care just reminds me of Tim.  I'm going to try to see if I can find it on YouTube and here it is.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 10/7/2019 at 7:10 PM, Azubah said:

Just like Chinatown!

a0e91ca2-f984-4480-a105-915e8c58ba4e_tex

Only different.

a little off topic, but I never noticed this before. Jack Nicholson was raised by his grandmother, thinking she was his mother while his "sister" actually gave birth to him! 

Edited by magemaud
okay, a LOT off topic
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, RealReality said:

I was floored by "his jealousy came out of nowhere!"

The fuck?  Did TLC hire body doubles and do a dramatic re-enactment of zied telling Rebecca outright that he was jealous and controlling?  How did that come out of nowhere if he told you that????

It is, by far, one of the most bizarre things about this entire story.  He didn't just leave her bread crumbs, he outright told her he was jealous and controlling!  Those exact words!  

It would be like me telling someone "I'm going to eat this hamburger" and then the person being absolutely shocked when I ate the hamburger.  Like what the hell?  

Wasn’t she snooping thru Zied’s stuff when she stayed in his room at his moms house? So why isn’t he allowed to nose around and get jealous? After all isn’t her biggest concern that he would be unreasonably jealous like her ex?

• Love 7

I think there could be a lot of modern day interpretations of "dandy". I know several young guys who care about their grooming and want to look good. All straight. To me the term dandy adds something extra. A fearlessness in personal style. A dead on sense of what looks good. An eye for the finest fabrics, finishes and accessories. (and not just a designer's name or initials stamped on them). A confident carriage. That ineffable thing called charisma, or swag,  or aura. 

Tom wishes he had it. Tim will never even come near it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I looked at a huge pile of ironing but told myself "If the sneak peak is on, I'll watch it instead..." I lost. Ugh. 

Last week they waited until Thursday.

On 10/7/2019 at 7:09 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

She's not wearing her blush in the Cameo, so forget it!  If I'm shelling out $30, I expect the whole Emma package.

I'm fairly certain she has rosacea(sp?). In the screenshots you can see the blush in splotches on her jaw, chin and neck. So, just ask that she drink a half a bottle of wine first, and she'll probably be nice a fluorescent pink color.

But also, she has Albert Einstein hair going in the video so it will probably be even more ridiculous looking in the Cameo than it was onscreen.

Did she offer anything to make someone want to have her leave a message? There wasn't any "penguin turtle" or "bitch ass slut ass whore" phrases or anything were there? I shouldn't type that, if a future famewhore who spent thirty seconds on the show happens to come across this post, they'll play up a phrase for attention. 

First there was Eric with a C who posted his claim to fame as being on the HEA Tell All and now the sister of a man hired to pretend to be Darcey's boyfriend. What's next? The waiter who served 500proof margaritas to Akinyi?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Spike said:

Last week they waited until Thursday.

Believe me, I KNOW! So while I was ironing, I was watching "House Hunters International" featuring a couple from South Africa moving to Vietnam. The guy's pronunciation sounded exactly like Raw-nold but his wife had a South African accent coupled with both vocal fry and uptalk. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Christina said:

First there was Eric with a C who posted his claim to fame as being on the HEA Tell All and now the sister of a man hired to pretend to be Darcey's boyfriend. What's next? The waiter who served 500proof margaritas to Akinyi?

How about the unflappable British Cabbie who waited outside the rest room at Heathrow while Darcey changed and doused herself in Angel? 

Who else? (this might be a fun way to kill time before the Sneak Peek) 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

How about the unflappable British Cabbie who waited outside the rest room at Heathrow while Darcey changed and doused herself in Angel? 

Who else? (this might be a fun way to kill time before the Sneak Peek) 

I'd like to talk to the guy who sold Ben/akyini all that stuff.  Were those prices posted or were they based on sucker potential

Also, the staff at the hotel ceasar was at.  How fast did the story of the pathetic guy eating a romantic pre-paid dinner alone spread?  Who ate the rest of the prepaid dinner or was it.shared amongst a laugh with coworkers?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Darcey and Tom is very uncomfortable to watch and the poster who said Tom acts like he's held hostage is spot on.  Those sisters just use men as an accessory.  Nothing about them is real.  Nothing.  It's all about image.

I hated how Ben kept saying "intoxicated".  I can't explain it but the way he says it makes it sound so wrong. Akinyi could have told him anything about how marriage works in Kenya and he wouldn't know any different.  Someone up thread said that it looked like she had more than one drink because the levels in the glass kept changing, but that is a common problem in TV.  

I can't stand Avery.  Islam is the worst religion for a woman to convert to.  I know she's young and stupid so hopefully she'll grow out of it.  Good luck living in Syria.  How poetic if she ends up getting bombed by weapons that America has provided.

Rebecca is manipulative.  If you've had that many failed marriages, then the common denominator is you.  Plus, does anyone else thinks she's wearing contacts?  

Just leave Micheal.  You're not getting any kids from Angela.  

I can't understand why these women who date men from Islamic countries act surprised that the men expect them to act a certain way in their countries.  I'd think a private investigator like Rebecca would do some homework on customs before she goes to another country.  If Zied says that the tattoos won't go over well, then listen to the man. He's FROM THERE so he'll know more than you do.  

Who knows whats happening to Tim.    

• Love 9

I'm a pretty conservative Christian and only occasionally have a glass of wine or a mixed drink (and by occasionally I mean once or twice a year) but I can honestly tell you that a sloppy drunk would be a huge turn-off for me.  I spent eight years living with an alcoholic and when I date someone who even seems to have an inability to hold his liquor I am out of there quick!  An occasional beer or mixed drink or glass of wine is fine, but if you can't handle it I can't either.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Not my choices, but Tim said has he's known the girl since she was 1.5yo and he was standing in as her father.  Veronica is married?  I did not know that, but actually doubt it.  She's got fake-Daddy TIm providing moral and I bet $ support.  I was just offering a policy that some single parents take to save their dating drama (and impact re a replacement parent) til their charge is 18.

Veronica moved on and dated/lived with TIM! And she's known the girl since before she was born. So if she can move on and date, so can Tim.

20 hours ago, shockermolar said:

Threw a glass of beer at him when she found out he was texting currently (as in that day or the night before) with a former live in girlfriend who was also a Colombiana who was IN Columbia, who'd he apparently never talked to her about before. I mean, that IS a little sketch to have spent a considerable amount of time in the same country previously but never mention it to your girlfriend because then you'd have to fess up that she was not your first attempt at a mail order bride.

Still totally unacceptable to assault someone w/ beer thrown in their face. People are allowed to text people. Plus, when Angela does it, she's a mean, fat, obnoxious, violent bully. And when Ashley did it, she was White trash, etc. 

Nah, that's not the behavior of a person "with a good head on her shoulders." Unless it's spinning around like the kid in the Exorcist.😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/7/2019 at 1:35 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Absolutely, she might have thought if she acted loosy goosy he would have to help her walk, get in bed, etc...physical contact might start the home fires burning but she did not know what she was up against, she was testing "Ben of the do not lead me in to temptation!"

I just know there has to be a biblical "burning bush" sexual innuendo that could be construed here, but I haven't had enough coffee yet to figure it out.  😄 

• LOL 8
3 hours ago, Anduril said:

I hated how Ben kept saying "intoxicated".  I can't explain it but the way he says it makes it sound so wrong.

I hated it, too! He sounded like a preachy and judgmental old man scolding a naughty child. (then again, he IS!) 

Edited by magemaud
took out the "maybe" part, he IS an sanctimonious old fart
  • Love 5
On 10/7/2019 at 5:22 PM, libgirl2 said:

I tried to be open minded about Tim. What if he were transgender? Its fine, he just needs to be open to Jeniffer.

But do you think he'd have even a snowball's chance in hell then? She wants a manly man. Not a trans man. (And in her mind, I am sure they are mutually exclusive.)

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

But do you think he'd have even a snowball's chance in hell then? She wants a manly man. Not a trans man. (And in her mind, I am sure they are mutually exclusive.)

There are very "manly" transgender men out there. When I was in hospital I was watching a marathon of Naked and Afraid and the winner was a transgender man, who put a lot of men who were born male to shame.

Would he have a chance? It depends on her views on that subject. Some women are fine with it. The guy who won that show is married. 

Personally, I wouldn't want some super manly man, but Tim is less manly than I am! And I'm not manly. Tim is just who he is even if he was born male and that isn't what she wants. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I just know there has to be a biblical "burning bush" sexual innuendo that could be construed here, but I haven't had enough coffee yet to figure it out.  😄 

Seems like his rod and his staff won’t be comforting her.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, magemaud said:

a little off topic, but I never noticed this before. Jack Nicholson was raised by his grandmother, thinking she was his mother while his "sister" actually gave birth to him! 

Just like Ted Bundy

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Gobi said:
36 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

And the Lord said unto Jeniffer, "Let that poosie go."

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

Remember the song "California girls" by Katy Perry with Snoop Dogg? at the end he raps:

"Bikinis, zucchinis, martinis
No weenies
Just a king
And a queenie"

I think of this every time I read one of you calling Akinyi "Bikini" and "Zucchini"

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Gobi said:

2 hours ago, Drogo said:

And the Lord said unto Jeniffer, "Let that poosie go."

1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

And we are all on Noah's Snark?

😂😂😂

I just knew you fine people would pull through  ❤️  

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Anduril said:

Rebecca is manipulative.  If you've had that many failed marriages, then the common denominator is you.  Plus, does anyone else thinks she's wearing contacts?  

What is wrong with wearing contacts? A huge proportion of the population -- including me -- does so in order to see clearly.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, OrchidThief said:

What is wrong with wearing contacts? A huge proportion of the population -- including me -- does so in order to see clearly.

Yeah maybe she meant colored contacts.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah maybe she meant colored contacts.

I am sure that was it. I wear them and can't think of why they would be so bad. And I used to wear colored ones when I was younger. I have brown eyes but, loving all things Irish, wanted green ones. They were so uncomfortable! 

• Love 1
On 10/5/2019 at 9:45 AM, RealReality said:

Darcy and Stacy would be way prettier if they stopped hanging out with each other.  

Stacy was still in full gaslighting bloom yesterday.  Yes, technically Darcy is at fault for agreeing to that trip at all. 

But damn, Stacy's unwillingness to not accept any part in how things turned out was just cold.  

Darcy is no prize, but Stacy is cruel and I'd take Darcy over her.  

I don't think Stacy is comfortable in her skin or her relationship because I don't think people who are over the age of 20 who have great relationships need to make out all the time. 

To me, that overshow of public affection is generally done for the benefit of others and often to hide deep seated problems in the relationship.  

I think it would be hard to watch a show with Darcy and stacy because it's tough to watch one person who is cruel always win and to watch one person get constantly piled on.

Tom is a annoyed and checked out and just wants to go home.  He is tired of having to placate boozy tearful Darcy and he has to be annoyed with the constant pressure that Darcy puts on him for some grand gesture (please let it involve a proposal!).  This is why I don't blame him as much.  Darcy IS nuts and she plays into this "twin for tat" nonsense.  So she was at fault for agreeing to the trip.  

But Stacy is just a bitch for no reason and she knows what she is doing so she can miss me with her innocent routine. 

The only thing I have tendency to disagree with is Stacey's kiss-kissy  behavior. I think at least in this instance she was doing it just to rub it in Darcy's face.

• Love 6
On 10/8/2019 at 3:36 PM, Spike said:

Usually gym rats like other gym rats.  Tim looks like he could be knocked over by a breeze.

Tim was showing off in the gym in the first episodes—he was lifting the tiniest weights we’ve ever seen, remember? Maybe Aladdin could convince him to actually add plates to the barbell? 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 10/6/2019 at 10:03 PM, Adeejay said:

I have a feeling Akinyi is lying to Ben.  So all he has to do is pay the bride's price and they are automatically married?!  That doesn't seem right. 

Angela is a she-beast who shouldn't be allowed in polite society.  If Mikull stays with her deserves whatever he gets. 

I was looking up wedding customs in Kenya, and found every tribe has its own customs, not surprisingly. There were examples given of some of the different ones, but none of them said anything about an immediate wedding. Celebration of the engagement, etc., but no "now you are married" stuff. Of course, it still might be true for her tribe, but I rather doubt it.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, renatae said:

I was looking up wedding customs in Kenya, and found every tribe has its own customs, not surprisingly. There were examples given of some of the different ones, but none of them said anything about an immediate wedding. Celebration of the engagement, etc., but no "now you are married" stuff. Of course, it still might be true for her tribe, but I rather doubt it.

Bikini/Zucchini probably is laying it on thick about being married after the bride price is paid because she knows Ben is having doubts so her window of opportunity is closing quickly.

Her parents may be pressuring her to seal the deal quickly because she is getting a bit long in the tooth for marriage to any local men, culturally she may have a short shelf life and then the family is dishonored...just a thought.

12 hours ago, renatae said:

"twin for tat"

Don't you mean "Twin for twat."

I cannot believe I just wrote that, I'll show myself out.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, OrchidThief said:

I think ORCHIDTHIEF meant the colored contacts, not that it is a big deal but in Rebecca's case it is just one more "lie" if you will she tells about herself, you know the other lie about how she is still married.  She is presenting herself as a single woman with blue or green eyes but she is neither.

If I could have dealt with contacts I would have, I decided on Lasik, contacts were hard to get in/out and when they were in they hurt. I may be a wuss 😞

• Love 5
On 10/8/2019 at 5:57 PM, Mothra said:

You know what just occurred to me?  Those Jersey Shore guys on MTV?  I can't remember what their show was called, but they were meticulous yet ferociously hetero--

Yep, the Jersey Shore guys, "GTL!" Gym, tan, laundry. DH's favorite low information show, he says, "It's my 90-day." 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think ORCHIDTHIEF meant the colored contacts, not that it is a big deal but in Rebecca's case it is just one more "lie" if you will she tells about herself, you know the other lie about how she is still married.  She is presenting herself as a single woman with blue or green eyes but she is neither.

In all the pictures I've seen of Rebecca online, she appears to have brown eyes but in the filtered ones, her irises are larger than normal, shiny and cartoon-like. Are there contacts that give you the same effect when you're not filtering your look? 

5 hours ago, renatae said:

Akinyi said, "when you pay the bride price...TRADITIONALLY we are married," with traditionally being the operative word. I don't think that means they're legally married in a binding ceremony, just in a committed relationship as if they said "I marry you" to each other three times while walking in a circle under a full moon.  

• LOL 6
7 hours ago, renatae said:

This is just my speculation, but I'm wondering if Akinyi was saying that once the bride price is settled, the couple is committed to marry because to back out of it would bring shame to Akinyi's family.  It would be like they are married, commitment-wise.  They could still go through with a ceremony at a later date.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

This is just my speculation, but I'm wondering if Akinyi was saying that once the bride price is settled, the couple is committed to marry because to back out of it would bring shame to Akinyi's family.  It would be like they are married, commitment-wise.  They could still go through with a ceremony at a later date.

I know Benjamin made a point of saying at one point that if he didn't follow through it would bring dishonor on Akinyi and her family.

• Love 2