Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Treat Me Right

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I know Benjamin made a point of saying at one point that if he didn't follow through it would bring dishonor on Akinyi and her family.

This is something he needs to fact check asap, because it is likely just another akyini half truth to try to get him to marry her.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

I didn't watch the season with Jesse so the flashback to his family members was...what. the. hell? Are they circus performers? Totally bizarre!

Oh no, @Scout Finch, you must rectify that and watch it!  

The Jesse season(s) had some classic Darcy shenanigans definitely worth seeing.

If you don't have time to invest in watching the whole season, I believe TLC has an "Our Story" for them which is a 2-hour episode containing the highlights of their shitshow "romance."  Not as good as the entire season but you'll get a pretty good recap.  😄 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Oh no, @Scout Finch, you must rectify that and watch it!  

The Jesse season(s) had some classic Darcy shenanigans definitely worth seeing.

If you don't have time to invest in watching the whole season, I believe TLC has an "Our Story" for them which is a 2-hour episode containing the highlights of their shitshow "romance."  Not as good as the entire season but you'll get a pretty good recap.  😄 

Everyone should see the "You never loved me. LIAR! GET OUT OF MY LIFE" and Rice a Roni scenes. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

I’m partial to Darcey’s attempt to ride a bicycle, myself. 

I'm pretty sure she regaled Jesse with stories of how athletic she was, when we all know the most exercise Darcy gets is struggling for 15 minutes to get into her too-small clothes.  Judging from the battle she and her sister waged to get those skintight pants on her before her flight to London, I guess it would be some sort of cardio exercise.  😄  

That being said, I have to admit I thought she actually looked very attractive sitting at the table during the dinner with Tom and his sister.  She must have misplaced the trowel she normally uses to apply her makeup and decided to keep her "girls" covered.  Less is more definitely works for her in that scene.

• Love 3
On 10/12/2019 at 11:59 AM, Persnickety1 said:

I'm pretty sure she regaled Jesse with stories of how athletic she was, when we all know the most exercise Darcy gets is struggling for 15 minutes to get into her too-small clothes.  Judging from the battle she and her sister waged to get those skintight pants on her before her flight to London, I guess it would be some sort of cardio exercise.  😄  

That being said, I have to admit I thought she actually looked very attractive sitting at the table during the dinner with Tom and his sister.  She must have misplaced the trowel she normally uses to apply her makeup and decided to keep her "girls" covered.  Less is more definitely works for her in that scene.

I did too!  Much more demure look and for the first time I thought she was pretty. I imagine Tom prefers that too when she doesn’t look so pathetic and used up. 

• Love 1
On 10/8/2019 at 7:55 AM, Tini said:

I wonder if Angela knows what a bloodline is. When she was talking to her daughter about the egg, she said I need it to be from MY bloodline, and she was motioning around her belly. Maybe she believes the baby would be of her bloodline, and not her daughters, because it was in her womb and shared her blood. But because it wasn’t in her daughters womb then it won’t be part of daughters bloodline, and she thinks that’s  ok. 

No- I understood what Angela meant, she’s using bloodline to mean “lineage” (not blood type). If her daughter agreed to donate the egg, then yes the baby would be of Angela’s blood line as it would be her genetic GRANDCHILD- just one generation further apart on the family tree than if it was her genetic child. 

I find Angela repulsive but that made sense to me. Many women who use egg donors receive an egg from another woman in their family so the child will at least be somewhat biologically related to them. I’m convinced Janet Jackson’s child was due to a niece or great niece donating an egg to her. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

No- I understood what Angela meant, she’s using bloodline to mean “lineage” (not blood type). If her daughter agreed to donate the egg, then yes the baby would be of Angela’s blood line as it would be her genetic GRANDCHILD- just one generation further apart on the family tree than if it was her genetic child. 

I find Angela repulsive but that made sense to me. Many women who use egg donors receive an egg from another woman in their family so the child will at least be somewhat biologically related to them. I’m convinced Janet Jackson’s child was due to a niece or great niece donating an egg to her. 

But Michael’s mother doesn’t give a shit what woman he has a baby with, she wants a grand baby fathered by her son.  

24 minutes ago, iwasish said:

But Michael’s mother doesn’t give a shit what woman he has a baby with, she wants a grand baby fathered by her son.  

But if Angela is going to go through the trouble of pregnancy and labor and raising another child she wants said child to carry a part of HER DNA. This is what Angela wants, you’re right Michael is not particular about where the egg comes from. Also getting an egg from her daughter would be cheaper than an anonymous donor- a lot cheaper. So on this one tiny thing Angela is not being weird or atypical. This way Michael gets his genetic child and Angela gets a child that is a genetically related to her. Given Angela’s age this would be the closest (genetically) they can get to having a child together that shares both of their dna.

Many women use eggs from family donors for the reason she described- wanting a child of her bloodline/lineage/family tree. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

But if Angela is going to go through the trouble of pregnancy and labor and raising another child she wants said child to carry a part of HER DNA. This is what Angela wants, you’re right Michael is not particular about where the egg comes from. Also getting an egg from her daughter would be cheaper than an anonymous donor- a lot cheaper. So on this one tiny thing Angela is not being weird or atypical. This way Michael gets his genetic child and Angela gets a child that is a genetically related to her. Given Angela’s age this would be the closest (genetically) they can get to having a child together that shares both of their dna. Many women use eggs from family donors for the reason she described. 

I Agree with that being Angela’s mindset. But if the wedding is contingent on Michael having a child with his DNA/bloodline ( which seems to be the situation ) and Angela’s daughters don’t agree to fork over an egg... then she has to decide  if she’s willing to use an egg from an unrelated donor, fertilized by Michael’s sperm and either attempt to carry it herself or hire a surrogate. Since she most likely can’t afford that, her chances are slim. If she marries him, (if he’s still willing to marry her) she better be prepared for him to eventually find a side chick to produce a child. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I Agree with that being Angela’s mindset. But if the wedding is contingent on Michael having a child with his DNA/bloodline ( which seems to be the situation ) and Angela’s daughters don’t agree to fork over an egg... then she has to decide  if she’s willing to use an egg from an unrelated donor, fertilized by Michael’s sperm and either attempt to carry it herself or hire a surrogate. Since she most likely can’t afford that, her chances are slim. If she marries him, (if he’s still willing to marry her) she better be prepared for him to eventually find a side chick to produce a child.

Oh yeah I definitely agree with you on the bolded!! Shit....if I were Angela I would tell him that’s what a mistress was for because there is no way I would go through all that at 50 plus years old 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Angela is post menopausal, morbidly obese, and chain smokes. There is no chance in hell that she could carry a baby to term in her condition. Just listening to them talk about it as though it is a possibility is pathetic. Not. going. to. happen.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

Angela is post menopausal, morbidly obese, and chain smokes. There is no chance in hell that she could carry a baby to term in her condition. Just listening to them talk about it as though it is a possibility is pathetic. Not. going. to. happen.

and if it did, the child would probably have some frailty or other undesirable features.  Do we need more coming from that bloodline?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 10/14/2019 at 2:30 PM, cinsays said:

and if it did, the child would probably have some frailty or other undesirable features.  Do we need more coming from that bloodline?

Furthermore, if I'm remembering correctly, didn't Angela say that she was not interested in raising a child that was not hers?  So if they did manage somehow to get an egg, fertilize it, and find someone to tote it, would Angela be willing to care for it?  If not, then why wouldn't Michael ditch Angela and marry the mother of his child?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/13/2019 at 8:23 PM, Hannah94 said:

All along I've believed none of this shit is real with Angela.  

In addition to what you said above, Angela is also obviously addicted to reality TV paychecks (hence her two appearances on Jerry Springer or Maury or whatever shitshow it was).  

I'm of the opinion this entire ridiculous baby/egg story line is just that...a story line she crafted just to keep her repugnant ass on the show and get that easy TLC paycheck.  I don't even think she intends to legally marry Michael or bring him over to America.  

Now, whether Michael is in on the end game or not, I cannot even speculate.  Sometimes I think they're in agreement to use these shenanigans to assure their spot on the show and get that almighty paycheck.  Surely he can't keep putting up with all of her abuse and keep hanging in there for the green.  I also never lose sight of the fact he was a Nigerian scammer when he hit on the biggest, smelliest, lowest lying catfish in the internet ocean, so anything is possible, including the two of them being in cahoots.  

Other times, I think maybe Michael isn't in on her end game...especially when I see him repeatedly apologizing for shit and I look into his eyes and see that same look Azan used to get, like a bit of their soul is flying away right before their eyes.  

They may prove me wrong, but I've always felt Angela is on this just for the paycheck and there's nothing too outrageous she won't do to get it.  I hope they're gone next season, otherwise fucking Angela will say she's in training to run a triathalon or some such ridiculous bullshit.  

• Love 7

I am 54, in good shape, non smoker, etc.....and no way NO HOW would I have a baby.  Not as a surrogate, not for myself.  Look, I was a SAHM and LOVED IT.  I was also 32!!!  (When I had my first baby.)  Now?  I love my empty nest, I am continuing to save for retirement and have less than zero interest in having a child graduate high school when I am 70!!  Hard pass.  (I had a tubal in 1999 so I am not sure if I could anyway!) 

I think Big Angela is all hat no cattle.

• Love 5
On 10/5/2019 at 12:58 AM, suomi said:

I keep my ex who I divorced in 1984 in my contacts. (13 years/one child).

He is listed as "Shiftless, Slovenly & Slipshod" and the address is Tobacco Road. 

He died a few months ago and I still chuckle when I scroll through the S listings.

What can I say? He fucked with me and lived to regret it. LOL

I have two exes listed in my phone contacts as "F*UKwit b#stard" and "Total A**hole" I'm not sure I remember which one is which 

• LOL 6

Just finished this episode.  Are Emma and Tom blood related?  Because I don't think they look ANYTHING alike at all!   Darcy looked pretty and I guess it was an improvement that she wasn't a raging drunk when she met Emma.  Also, Emma and her 'partner' (lover? husband? business partner?)  are not at all would I would picture as domestic bliss, but good for them.  I find them fascinating.  I would love to see a photo of Tom and Emma's parents.

Everyone else was pretty boring and predicable - anglea fights, dresses awful, and makes everyone hate her, Bikini lies in order to get married faster (dude, if she lied to her dad she'll lie to you), Rebecca is upset that her plans to trap yet another young man into marriage with her might be disrupted b/c she's a cheating cheater who cheats and disrespects other people's religious and moral codes, Ceasar salad is about as interesting as Marta, and Avery acts like a brat making Omar count the hours till she leaves.  ETA: oh yeah and Tiny Tim.  Um Run Jennifer.  She can NOT be so desperate that she actually likes this fool.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 6
On 10/17/2019 at 11:50 AM, Mothra said:

Furthermore, if I'm remembering correctly, didn't Angela say that she was not interested in raising a child that was not hers?  So if they did manage somehow to get an egg, fertilize it, and find someone to tote it, would Angela be willing to care for it? 

She said she wouldn't raise a child that Michael fathered with another woman. "Oh HELL, no!" That's why it's so important that the baby be from "her bloodline" which she inaccurately thinks it would be if she got an "aigg" from Skyla. 

• Love 1
On 10/17/2019 at 8:19 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Look, I was a SAHM and LOVED IT.  I was also 32!!!

Please clue us in to what a SAHM is?

On 10/13/2019 at 7:35 PM, Scarlett45 said:

But because it wasn’t in her daughters womb then it won’t be part of daughters bloodline, and she thinks that’s  ok. 

You do realize Angela and her daughter share the same DNA, yes? So the same bloodline.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, OrchidThief said:

You do realize Angela and her daughter share the same DNA, yes? So the same bloodline.

But it's not all the same DNA; the farther "out" Angela goes in search of a donor/toter the less DNA is shared, right?  So she could maybe find a distant cousin or something that would have *some* of Angela's precious genetic material who'd be willing to donate and/or tote, and that would ensure that the world would not be deprived of *some* (if very diluted) of Angela's irreplaceable Bloodline (see the series on Netflix if you want to see what kind of trouble bloodline can get a person into).  So maybe all is not completely lost, just misplaced in a drunken haze.

ETA:  the more I think of it, the more hope I think Angela should muster up.  There are TV commercials all the time for those genealogy companies that claim they can find out who you're related to back to the eleventy-ninth generation.  Why couldn't Angela hire 23andme to find her some female willing  to practice baby-farming?

Edited by Mothra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

The irony of all of this aigg makin', givin', and totin' is that is that even if Angela got some aiggs from her daughter, there's a real chance the aigg might not have any of Angela's DNA excluding the mitochondrial DNA. On one end, the aigg can have Angela's mitochondrial DNA and 23 chromosomes that only have DNA from Angela or it can have Angela's mitochondrial DNA and 23 chromosomes that only have DNA from Skyla's father at the other end. Even with the efforts to use an aigg from one of Angela's direct descendants, the resultant child might be only nominally genetically related to Angela. And that would be kind of hilarious to see Angela having to raise a kid that is a cross of Michael and Skyla's dad.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 10/8/2019 at 1:46 AM, TzuShih said:

I, too, was wondering if her complexion was a bit of a medical thing.  Rosacea patients blush more often and easily.  It can be triggered by alcoholic beverages, emotional stress, etc.  The English, Irish, Scots, et al appear to be affected more by this condition, (and having lived in England it was not uncommon for me to meet very rosy people.)  ☺️  Another possibility?  The Brits tend to use more heating via fireplaces or room heaters....contributing to a 'blushed' complexion.  (This is JUST a thought....I've no idea for sure!)

As a brit, this is one of the funniest things I've read on here 🤣 the red faces most likely come from years of excessive drinking...

(Apart from that, Tom's sister was incredibly rude to Farcey, I would have walked out if anyone spoke to me like that)