Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. This was a cute episode. I'm glad they revealed Pete's power in the first few minutes. Was anyone else wondering why the fence was broken in what seemed to be the middle of nothing? I thought that was going to come back into play... The street signs... I got the impression that it wasn't that Pete didn't know who Manning & Obama were, it's just that the sign was meaningless because the streets were renamed and he couldn't get his bearings. Though Pete didn't need to wander all the way into town, he could have just crossed the barrier of the store to escape the mean ghosts. And then waited there for Jay to return. But, he's a Scout Master, so good on him for finding his way back to the manor. How Pete will get to the resort... I've fanwanked that he and Sam worked that out before he left, and that the most likely way is that the resort has a shuttle bus that leaves every few hours from the airport. Nancy was pure gold this entire episode. I also loved Sass's bit with Issac about the bus. But how does Hetty know what a Sonic is???
  3. “ We need a hero who brings peace” https://apple.news/Aztr2ZGtHRVuSESgpJp1RBw
  4. The thing that is most gaggable is Summer crying "My baby! My baby!" My baby my ass! She didn't even meet him until he was five years old! Are the MWT trying to gaslight us into forgetting his biological mother, Tara?
  5. Exactly. Even as a ghost, he needs transport, just like the $500 Pete promised the airline host that Sam would pay. I wonder if he stands the whole time or sits in an unused seat. Also, when he gets to that Caribbean island, he may meet up with another set of angry ghosts, from ex-pirates to ex-slaves.
  6. Luke's a model? 😨 with those teeth?? Luke Broderick, a rising star in the world of fashion and modeling, has captivated audiences with his striking looks and magnetic presence. Born on March 12, 1995, in Los Angeles, California, he embarked on his modeling career at a young age, quickly garnering attention for his unique style and undeniable charm. Broderick’s journey in the fashion industry has been marked by notable collaborations with top designers and brands, showcasing his versatility and ability to embody diverse aesthetics. His runway appearances and editorial spreads have earned him acclaim, establishing him as a sought-after talent in the competitive fashion world. Beyond modeling, Broderick is passionate about using his platform to advocate for inclusivity and diversity within the industry, championing representation and authenticity. With his confidence and charisma, he continues to push boundaries and redefine beauty standards, inspiring aspiring models and fashion enthusiasts around the globe.
  7. The recaps on Vulture/New York Magazine are a combo of opinion and recap. The writer also rates the episode from 1 to 5 stars. @surfgirl what is TIIC? I tried Googling without success.
  8. Highlights for May: Independent Lens: "Space: The Longest Goodbye" (Mars-bound astronauts prepare for isolation), May 6; "Tuba Thieves" (what is the role of sound and what does it mean to listen?), May 20 Nature: "Grizzly 399: Queen of the Tetons" (most famous bear in Yellowstone), May 8; "Saving the Animals of Ukraine", May 15; "Wild Ireland: Kingdom of Stone" (Ireland's Burren landscape), May 22 "Photographic Justice: The Corky Lee Story" (about a photographer's quest to document Asian American culture), May 13 Frontline: "A Dangerous Assignment: Uncovering Corruption in Maduro's Venezuela", May 14; "South Korea's Adoption Reckoning" (about foreign adoption scandal), May 28 Nova: "Secrets in Your Data" (what happens to all the data we're shedding?), May 15; "Decoding the Universe: Cosmos" (traces the ground-breaking discoveries that have transformed our picture of the universe), May 22 "Pompeii: The New Dig" doc series (biggest excavation of Pompeii in a generation; 3 episodes), premieres May 5 American Experience: "The Riot Report" (about 1967 Kerner Commission report on riots in the inner cities that gave a shockingly unvarnished assessment on US race relations and was largely ignored), May 21 Great Performances: "Purlie Victorious" (starring Leslie Odom Jr), May 24; "Rogers & Hammerstein's 80th Anniversary" (concert of their music), May 31 "National Memorial Day Concert", May 26 Scripted series: Masterpiece: "MaryLand" (3 episodes), premieres May 5
  9. From the looks of some, where’s the closet Starbucks, Sephora and hairdressers? Fifty miles away? This show does not seem realistic. You are right. What is expected of them? Are they cooking now? I didn’t see. I just see them sitting drinking coffee.
  10. It would be nice to have a special when Matt's house is finished. I'm curious as to how it will look. When Zach said "there's no interest in the farm. The kids don't ask about it." Well, of course, they're three and six and they haven't been there in almost two years?? At that age they probably don't remember much about. it. It's sad that they will grow up with very little contact with that side of the family. As someone else said, what don't Zach and Tori drop the kids off for a weekend with Matt and Cha Cha? Even if Z&T don't want a relationship it would benefit their kids to have one.
  11. Well, this could explain the horror story I watched on Youtube about the crazy list of rules for a night security person at a store. 😂
  12. It's a rather click-baity title. She's breaking her silence about her (and family's) feelings concerning Bachelor Nation being so speculative about the divorce. She's not divulging inside information.
  13. She's walking a fine line between protecting (sort of) Kristina and being TJ's partner. It's a weird balance, but it kind of works for me. TJ is insufferable.
  14. He told them he took the bus. He remembered where the stops were and read the timetables. At some point he asked Sam to pay the bus company back a dollar.
  15. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Kimberly Potts ISBN: 9781668008508 In the bestselling traditions of Seinfeldia and Top of the Rock comes a fascinating deep dive into the longest-running live-action sitcom in television history, from its humble beginnings to its evolution as a critically acclaimed cult classic comedy. Charlie, Dennis, Mac, Sweet Dee, and Frank are deplorable characters. They will never mature, become more self-aware, or less self-involved. That is what the creators of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia are committed to—and that’s why the show’s millions of devoted fans have stuck with the cult comedy hit for over sixteen seasons and counting. Created in 2005 by stars Rob McElhenney, Glenn Howerton, and Charlie Day, unemployed actors with a pair of Law & Order guest appearances as the highlights of their collective resume, the frustrated trio drafted a homemade TV pilot. A few months and $200 later (the cost of videotapes, pizza for their friends who volunteered as extras, and a broomstick to tape their boom mic to), It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia was ready for its network debut. All major parties either passed or were interested but wanted creative control. And then came FX looking to shake up cable TV. Willing to allow McElhenney, Howerton, and Day complete freedom to deconstruct the traditional sitcom, new president John Landgraf agreed to take a chance. No one had any idea how big of a success it would be. With FX’s one creative note—the hiring of Danny DeVito—adding the final piece of the puzzle, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia has enjoyed a steady climb to high ratings, critical acclaim, and a place in the cultural zeitgeist. Now, how the show and its creators have accomplished this is revealed with this in-depth, behind-the-scenes celebration. As thoughtful, provocative, and engaging as the show itself, this book also explores how the show has pushed the envelope and used absurdist comedy to explore major societal issues, including the #MeToo movement, LGBTQ+ rights, racism, and more. It also asks, what does the future hold for The Gang? It certainly won’t include the characters’ personal growth, but the show itself continues to move forward, adding to its dynamic history with each season.
  16. So another thing about Divine Evil. As much as I love Clare, I didn't agree that she had a right to know what was going on with Lisa (woman who escaped the raping satanists and who Clare thought she'd run over) or that Cam HAD to tell her or let her see Lisa.
  17. I'd forgotten that was MIT. So Mary probably prayed about it and now believes her prayers were answered. To be fair, I think a storm of that magnitude is referenced as an "act of God" in many homeowner insurance policies.
  18. @Irlandesa - I also loved seeing Carol from Superstore. Then of course, I started looking around for Glenn, Sandra, Brett, Mateo, etc.... I was glad to have a Pete-centric episode but hope he returns to the mansion soon. I would miss him very much if he is gone too long. Overall, it was a good episode. I am grateful for even a shortened season this year but especially glad we know it is coming back for a new one soon.
  19. Adam Huss is actually back for one episode because that’s all he shot.
  20. The arguments are in the ruling. I haven't read it all, but based on the articles I've read, the appeals court stated that the trial judge shouldn't have even allowed the testimony of the victims who weren't part of this case; thus there wouldn't have been a "can't unring the bell" argument. Here's hoping that when he's retried (I read the DA plans on retrying the case), he'll still get convicted.
  21. That is so funny, and true. Is Granny going to come to the farm and take care of a kid? Granny wants to play Canasta and go to lunch with friends. Babysitting wears off, especially in isolation.
  22. I would be more inclined to be interested in the Morose Mandy spin-off (love it!) if Missy were a part -- its a shame Regan Revord isn't going to be a part of it. I wonder if Wallace Shawn improvised the "literally" comment when saying Sheldon outgrew him. Knowing what's about to happen, I had a little sad when George and Sheldon were in the airport heading to Boston -- George's "I'm proud of you son" and the eye contact they had. I think it was the "son" that got me. Even tho' George has been a total retcon, I don't care because I really like what they did with the character. I'm sure there was a little personal in that as well between the actors considering that Ian has basically grown up on this show. Highly overlooked in this episode was Zoe Perry's non-verbal acting. First the eye-roll of acceptance when talking with George about Sheldon being the only kid that they'll be able to "monetize," and then when MIT was talking about their non-denominational church -- the way she took her hat off and the look she gave George was top-notch non-verbal acting.
  23. I think it's hard for me to figure out the timeline for a lot of this and when the cameras went up for filming the new season. I give her something of a pass for anything within even the first three months, since she was still raw and the press wasn't shutting up about it. Also, since Scheana, Lala et al went to her when this all broke and advised her they had her back and were through with Tom, he was no longer their friend, yada yada - you would think they would stick to their word. In no time at all they were finding excuses for doing a 180 as they rushed to get more camera time filming with Tom. She was perfectly within her rights to say "hey, if you're friends with him. you can't be friends with me." The time was THEN for these women to talk her off the ledge - not a few months later when they realize that Tom is going to continue to get some significant camera time and best to get in on the action. I don't think initially that she thought she was going to be thrown together with Sandoval the way she has. But then again.....maybe this is all just being supremely scripted (and in some cases well-acted) long-con attempt to keep a dying show alive. I have one friend who, after looking at all of said the only thing she believes wasn't planned in advance was "the bubble head not wanting to come back."
  24. IF Kristina loses the baby, I hope that TJ is responsible so that he WON'T be able to blame her; it will be because of HIM. Let him be the target for once.
  1. Load more activity