Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Making Woo-Hoo-Py!

• Start Topic

A banished Shannon journeys to join Vicki and Brooks in Puerto Vallarta. Meanwhile, Lizzie struggles to juggle work and family; Heather hires a personal chef; and Tamra's effort to teach Eddie a lesson in fatherhood backfires.

Uhhh, Heather has to bring in a chef because she just can't cook for her kids without worrying? I hope that part was staged. Heather needs to be on a reality show like survivor where princess is thrown into real life and has to make do without assistants, nannies, or any designer duds.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'd love an update on the status of Heather's much-ballyhooed restaurant she was going to open with her girlfriends.

You know, that perfect restaurant, a "great" restaurant because, according to Heather, there's not one single decent restaurant to be found anywhere in the OC.

I suspect that once the ladies found out there was more to owning and running a restaurant than simply always having your favorite table available, they all bailed on that idea.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 8

I suspect that once the ladies found out there was more to owning and running a restaurant than simply always having your favorite table available, they all bailed on that idea.

Or, it was just a plot line created by the producers for Heather that season. Either way, our stomachs were saved. 

• Love 3

Have I been taking crazy pills or is David really attractive?  He looked particularly good in the first look.  

I think he is very good looking but just has the charm of a door knob.

• Love 5

David looked attractive because he was smiling and genuinely happy. And Shannon was relatively at ease. I saw some great chemistry between the two...and I'm rooting for them to get their marriage on track!

• Love 5

It's funny how everyone on the show avoids the T-Word when referring to Vicki's "Condo" in Puerto Vallerta, especially when her divorce document clearly states she and Donn had three timeshares down there.  One week was sold for $5,700, and the other two were valued at $9,000 and $3,600 (which were split between Vicki and Donn).  That is a far cry from "owning" a beachfront condo.  If she enjoys it, more power to her.  But why pretend it's something that it is not?  It's like borrowing a Rolls Royce for a week and pretending it's yours.

• Love 13

It's funny how everyone on the show avoids the T-Word when referring to Vicki's "Condo" in Puerto Vallerta, especially when her divorce document clearly states she and Donn had three timeshares down there.  One week was sold for $5,700, and the other two were valued at $9,000 and $3,600 (which were split between Vicki and Donn).  That is a far cry from "owning" a beachfront condo.  If she enjoys it, more power to her.  But why pretend it's something that it is not?  It's like borrowing a Rolls Royce for a week and pretending it's yours.

Well based on the way Shannon was acting about the size of the guest room, I'm thinking Vicki got the $3600 one.

• Love 5

Vicki said last week her father had built the place and she had been going down there since she was in her early 20s.  Somewhere between the divorce settlement and reality TV lies the truth.  She also referred to it as the penthouse.  I thought it odd a struggling young mother could afford Puerto Vallarta vacations.  I get the impression her parents had a time share and she continued the tradition.

• Love 3

David looked attractive because he was smiling and genuinely happy. And Shannon was relatively at ease. I saw some great chemistry between the two...and I'm rooting for them to get their marriage on track!

They certainly seemed to bond over the awkwardness of Vicki's "guest room".   :-)

• Love 1
(edited)

When Vicki said her father built the property in Mexico, she probably meant he was an original purchaser of the timeshare(s), which are usually sold prior to being constructed.  So, technically he helped "build" it.  I doubt that he traveled from Illinois to Puerta Vallarta with his hammer and saw.  Vicki has a way of exaggerating everything about herself and her family, i.e., her net worth.  For example, she had about as much business shopping for a million dollar yacht as Slade would.

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 7

So Princess Shannon has a problem with Vicki's PV accommodations not being luxurious enough for her, that she and David "don't travel often, but when they do, it's top of the line", etc. Wayment. i thought Shannon's big sob story was that she and David NEVER went anywhere and the St Regis thing was like their first vacation ever. So which is it?

• Love 9

So Princess Shannon has a problem with Vicki's PV accommodations not being luxurious enough for her, that she and David "don't travel often, but when they do, it's top of the line", etc. Wayment. i thought Shannon's big sob story was that she and David NEVER went anywhere and the St Regis thing was like their first vacation ever. So which is it?

Well if you read her blog she says she's a happy person and that she doesn't portray herself as a victim in her marriage so I'm going to say that self-awareness is not Shannon's best quality.

But God, she is never satisfied! That chick could find something to complain about in heaven. And what's up with her lip? Did she cut herself on a healing crystal?

• Love 6

Yes, Hosts usually do give up their quarters for guests.....but Vicki has never indicated she is familiar with proper etiquette.

Vicki did offer her room.

What's the big whoop? You only sleep there after all. The rest of the place is open to you. Presumably, you'll be doing stuff.

You'd think they were sleeping on the floor of the garage or something. It's a nonsensical concern, you ask me.

All this Princess and the Pea shit that these women act out on trips is irritating.

• Love 10
(edited)

Vicki did offer her room.

What's the big whoop? You only sleep there after all. The rest of the place is open to you. Presumably, you'll be doing stuff.

You'd think they were sleeping on the floor of the garage or something. It's a nonsensical concern, you ask me.

All this Princess and the Pea shit that these women act out on trips is irritating.

thanks....I haven't seen the epi yet....my bad, lol...to me it just sounded like something Vicki would not do

Edited by tulip555
  • Love 1

Wow. Just saw the previews and cannot believe how rude Shannon and David were about that room. It was a basic room but there was nothing wrong with it. I have a queen bed and when we sleep in a double it's a little adjustment but Jesus I would never, ever say something like they did to the hosts. Unbelievable.

Also, it now appears Tamra was spreading the story about the email not just to Heather for fake altruistic reasons but also to Vicki. Again on camera.

• Love 5
(edited)

Like Gretchen and Slade did last season.

What the fresh hell was up with Shannon and David and their expectations of a room in a CONDO?  I doubt Vicki told them it was some grand and glorious massive master suite.  It was a guest room.  Hell, even Ramona and Mario didn't have a meltdown when Aviva and Reid put them in their guest room in Florida, and Ramona normally bitches about everything.  

I loved the way Vicki shot them down when they tried using Michael sleeping on the couch as their excuse to bounce.  Nah, he can sleep on the couch, he's a kid.  Loved that one.  Wonder how Vicki felt when she viewed that scene, though.  I don't think I'd be extending the Beadors any further invites to any of my personal properties.  I'd give her the location and then tell her to Google around for accommodations in the area she found more to her standards.

I was indifferent about Shannon until this first look.  

Snobbery can be quite an unpleasant affliction.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 6
(edited)

I thought it was strange when David said he didn't know how Shannon would ever be able to sleep in that room. Why? Just because it's smaller than she's used to? Because the bed is smaller? Does she have a phobia about the color blue? I honestly don't get it. What does she need, exactly, to be able to sleep?

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 3

Yes, Hosts usually do give up their quarters for guests.....but Vicki has never indicated she is familiar with proper etiquette.

Huh, I always put guests in the guest room...hence the name. Unless of course they need some sort of special accommodations (ie relative of mine who has to use a catheter. I put her and her boyfriend in my bedroom because it has an attached private bathroom.).

Anyway I doubt Shannon would have been happy with the master either. It would have had something wrong with it. Shannon has literally complained about every outing she's been on. Even at Tamar's Halloween party she complained that there wasn't enough to eat. Which struck me as a bit of a wtf. It was a cocktail party and they showed a huge spread of nibbles. I guess Shannon wanted a sandwich or something.

To be generous, I don't think Shannon means to be such a delicate princess/soul sucking bitch. Nore do I think she hears herself and the amount of bitching and moaning she does. I think she's just a spoiled brat who has never been expected to put her own needs aside or tough it out for even 5 minutes. And this is why I can't with Shannon. She creates drama everywhere and then acts like she was just standing there minding her own buisness when she got hit by a bus. Shannon may be "real", but who she is really sucks.

• Love 14
Also, it now appears Tamra was spreading the story about the email not just to Heather for fake altruistic reasons but also to Vicki. Again on camera.

I'm sure Tamra was flapping her gums to everyone she could find.  She did tell Vicki not to mention it to anyone else (very helpful when you're on camera) but I don't recall her saying that to Heather.  And I also don't recall Heather asking about it. Tamra offered it up because she's a vile bitch. 

Please, baby Jesus, let Tamra (finally) get raked over the coals for this.  And please let Shannon address the fact that Tamra lied to her face when initially asked.  I'm not giving her ANY credit for eventually fessing up.  She only did it because she was caught.  And Shannon needs to realize that Heather repeating what Tamra said about Shannon drinking too much is not HEATHER saying that Shannon drinks too much.

The guest bedroom in the condo?  Bitch, you're on vacation in Mexico.  Grow a pair and STFU. 

• Love 5

I thought it was strange when David said he didn't know how Shannon would ever be able to sleep in that room. Why? Just because it's smaller than she's used to? Because the bed is smaller? Does she have a phobia about the color blue? I honestly don't get it. What does she need, exactly, to be able to sleep?

Shannon probably has trouble sleeping.  As you get older, this is a problem for some people.  David and Shannon would know each other's sleep habits and whether they do better with a larger bed.  Once you get used to a larger bed, it can be hard adjusting to a smaller one, especially if it's not particularly comfortable... and if you're an anxious, older person.  Vicki could have been more gracious -- if they would have been more comfortable in a hotel room, let them be comfortable.  A good host wants their guest to be comfortable.  

• Love 6
(edited)

I think if given the option the Beadors would have been happy to pay for a separate condo. To me it just screams producer interference.  Force the Beadors to stay with Vicki and Brooks for maximum exposure to drama.  I get where Shannon is coming from-she and her husband rarely have a getaway with just the two of them and they might enjoy something much more upscale and private. Especially considering the tenuous state of their marriage.   Personally, my issue would be waking up and having to be around Vicki, Brooks and Michael from dawn to bedtime. 

When they travelled to Vicki's home in Lake Havasu Jeana was required to get a room in town.  Jeana even griped about the tawdry hotel room.  IIRC Vicki's Havasu home was a manufactured home.   I think Vicki tends to oversell the luxury of her "properties".  Should Shannon gripe about it-probably not but to me it just makes when they go to Bali this year if the accommodations are nice the accolades are far more sincere.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

You can't blame the producers for everything. If they wanted to stay some place else they are adults and can pay for it. They were fine with it until they saw the accommodations, which were clearly beneath them. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I think if given the option the Beadors would have been happy to pay for a separate condo. To me it just screams producer interference. Force the Beadors to stay with Vicki and Brooks for maximum exposure to drama. I get where Shannon is coming from-she and her husband rarely have a getaway with just the two of them and they might enjoy something much more upscale and private. Especially considering the tenuous state of their marriage. Personally, my issue would be waking up and having to be around Vicki, Brooks and Michael from dawn to bedtime.

When they travelled to Vicki's home in Lake Havasu Jeana was required to get a room in town. Jeana even griped about the tawdry hotel room. IIRC Vicki's Havasu home was a manufactured home. I think Vicki tends to oversell the luxury of her "properties". Should Shannon gripe about it-probably not but to me it just makes when they go to Bali this year if the accommodations are nice the accolades are far more sincere.

I just think if you want to get a hotel room the time to do that is before you get to someone's home, not after you've seen their home and deemed it unacceptable. And it's not like the accommodations were outside what you could reasonably expect from a guest room. It was a perfectly nice room with a perfectly nice bed. And it's also not like Shannon doesn't normally have issues with stuff. Everything bothers her. If she is particular about where she sleeps that's fine, but get a hotel room ahead of time. Don't make your hosts feel like shit for not having a good enough guest room. Of course it's Shannon, who enjoys creating problems a lot more than solving them. Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 8

I love watching every minute of Shannon's keeping it real unaware snobbery quirky crystals and lemons loving self. I just hope she continues being real next season. Usually once a ho-wife sees themselves on the show, out come all the changes.

• Love 6

A seperate bed from her husband, as they normally sleep.

I think if given the option the Beadors would have been happy to pay for a separate condo. To me it just screams producer interference.  Force the Beadors to stay with Vicki and Brooks for maximum exposure to drama.  I get where Shannon is coming from-she and her husband rarely have a getaway with just the two of them and they might enjoy something much more upscale and private. Especially considering the tenuous state of their marriage.   Personally, my issue would be waking up and having to be around Vicki, Brooks and Michael from dawn to bedtime. 

Do you think Vicki still conducts bed checks in the middle of the night?

• Love 3

Shannon probably has trouble sleeping.  As you get older, this is a problem for some people.  David and Shannon would know each other's sleep habits and whether they do better with a larger bed.  Once you get used to a larger bed, it can be hard adjusting to a smaller one, especially if it's not particularly comfortable... and if you're an anxious, older person.  Vicki could have been more gracious -- if they would have been more comfortable in a hotel room, let them be comfortable.  A good host wants their guest to be comfortable.

Is Shannon considered an "older person"? Please God tell me the answer is "no" since I am only a few years behind.

Yea, yea, yea, it is hard to sleep in a smaller bed when you are use to something else. It wasn't for a lifetime, it was for a couple of nights. The way she was acting you would think Vicki had given them a sleeping bag in the den to use as their bedroom. They had their own private bedroom and bath, which I would consider luxurious myself if I was staying with friends.

As someone else has already mentioned, the fact that David was so concerned about Shannon and the sleeping arrangements was what was strange to me. What was he afraid of? That she would get a shitty night sleep? So what? Is this tragic? Does she become more of a total bitch if she doesn't get enough rest? Does she start lobbing more than just insults if she is not well-rested? It was just beyond strange to me. If they were looking for privacy, they should have made their own arrangements. They have seen Vicki's house, and while quite lovely, it is certainly not as grand as theirs is. They couldn't have thought her vacation retreat would come any closer to their ideal surely.

The word that comes to my mind whenever Shannon is on my TV is brittle. She just seems like she is one step away from bursting into a million pieces.

• Love 12

Do we know they sleep separate? I thought David went to bed early and she joined him must later. But in the same bed. 

When Shannon went to Tamara's house to tell her about the email she said that she had sinus problems so David slept in the guest room so she didn't keep him up with her coughing. But even after she had surgery to correct it, he never returned to her bed. Sad.

• Love 1

When they travelled to Vicki's home in Lake Havasu Jeana was required to get a room in town.  Jeana even griped about the tawdry hotel room.  IIRC Vicki's Havasu home was a manufactured home.   I think Vicki tends to oversell the luxury of her "properties".  Should Shannon gripe about it-probably not but to me it just makes when they go to Bali this year if the accommodations are nice the accolades are far more sincere.

To be fair when the series started Vicki's Coto de Caza home, Havasu prefab and Mexico condos were considered nice and made for some pretty fun episodes. Within her circle of friends as Nene says she was the Joneses. Bravo has just since found wives with better stuff but Vicki has still out lived many of their Bravo tenures. Where I think she oversells herself is how busy her work is. She uses work to distract or get out of things she doesn't want to do or like her marriage examine.

Let's face it the complaint had far more to do with what production stuck them with than Vicki being a hostess.  It isn't a real vacation it is a filming opportunity.  These ladies and their higher income status are suppose to be showing us the best of the best not a "guest room" in a sleazy time share in Puerto Vallarta or a pool house in The Berkshires.  It needs to stop being a storyline.  Give the ladies luxury accommodations and please only one to a room.  It isn't college or some weird slumber party.  Bravo does it again and again.  No one wants to share a room with a co-worker or be stuck in a makeshift guestroom while on holiday.  Spend the bucks Bravo.

• Love 2

I enjoyed Heather's personal chef segment and the kids seemed to really enjoy the food -- even broccoli. You know, she says she's not a good cook, she's rich and she can afford it, so why not? She's even doing the clean-up. If it were me, I would do the cooking, because I love it, but totally want to have someone to clean it all up after. And if I had the money, I sure as hell would.

Vicki's condo definitely looks like a timeshare as opposed to someone's vacation home, tacky artwork included. Do you guys think she should have just let them go to the hotel? They clearly were uncomfortable but tried to couch it nicely by expressing concern for Michael not having a bed, and hello, he's not a child (and why was he even there?) Plus, she knows Shannen and David are having some trouble in their marriage and since they so rarely get away, they should be able to have a little luxury. Plus, hello, it's not like these people at this point are more than work friends. And Vicki, always so classy, points out the bed squeaks, which really should put them in the mood for some woo-hoop-ay.

I couldn't believe my ears when Tamara was telling Vicki about Shannen's marriage. Bitch way lying like a rug! WTF is wrong with her? As others have said, I would love to see Heather and Shannen team up against Tamara and really show her how the rich bitches roll. She's just awful, that girl!

• Love 3

I guess I'm a snob because I totally related to Shannon and David. Just the fact that it was a double bed would have made me want to find room and board elsewhere. They're two grown adults! I say, if you have the money to afford a hotel room and would be happier in a nicer room, what's the problem? I actually thought Vicki was the one who was being overbearing by being all, "NO! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE!"

• Love 13

I think Shannon didn't like the small room with the small bed because she might accidentally...ugh TOUCH ugh...her husband!  I'm surprised she didn't make David sleep on the couch and move Mike outside.  Shannon needs a shrink in the worst way.

• Love 5

I may have missed it but how old is Lizzie's oldest child ? Looked too old to be wearing a diaper and not using words . Gold forgive me please if there is something not quite right with him!! lol

• Love 10

I'm so conflicted with Shannon.  On one hand, I love her sense of humor, and she does have one.  But holy hell, if you don't want people to see tension in your marriage, coming back to a table and saying something like "try not to make me look like a bitch" isn't the way to do this.  Girl does not own a poker face and that is going to kill her marriage.  Sometimes you have to pick your battles and give your bitchface a rest.

• Love 17

Um, if David and Shannon need to be around "healthy couples", why they hell would they vacation with you and Brooks, Vicky? You're a sugar mama to a shiftless loser who none of your friends or kids want to be around. 

That being said, they did look "healthy" in comparison to the train wreck that is Shannon and David. Yikes. It's like they've just gotten into this pattern of snipping and sniping and being nasty, and they don't know how to do anything else. And Shannon seems more concerned with how others perceive her behavior than if she is hurting her husband or not. Maybe people wouldn't make judgements if you weren't putting it all out on front street. 

I do agree with Shannon about cigars - so not sexy, Vicky!

Michael sure seems to turn up around Vicky a lot for a dude who acts like he can't stand her. 

Why would Tamra think Eddie would be all about helping her with a fake baby when he outright told her he would not help with a real one???

I'm glad Heather and Terry are being forthright about having help, but is this seriously their first personal chef? She doesn't cook, so who was cooking before? Is this just a new chef? Because the way they were acting it was like they'd never had one before.Maybe this guy will keep the onion rings coming!

• Love 8

There's so much tension in Shannon & David's marriage that they're not addressing. It wouldn't surprise me if there had been infidelity during their years together. They lack communication and Shannon picks at the little things because she might be afraid to address the bigger things.

With hundreds of hours of shooting, there's no way you could hide problems in your relationship. Shannon is so tightly wound and used to control I think part of her breakdown is realizing the public façade has slipped on her marriage. She was probably regretting doing the show once she realized her issues would be front and center.

I don't understand Lizzie. You hate being a stay at home Mom. You want to pursue your career. You complain about your husband not helping you. It appears that you cannot handle the stress of raising your two young children but you want to have another baby? Why?

• Love 7
(edited)

Leave it to Heather to make her family stay up to watch her appear on Hawaii 5 0 for less than 60 seconds!

What did she say her chef's name was, and which season of Top Chef was he?

So they're going to Endoles. That's the place they went last time with the donkey show, right?

In the teasers for next week, was Tamra, Eddi, and Rat-face discussing liquidating their assets at C*** gym?

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 3