Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Making Woo-Hoo-Py!

• Start Topic

Forgot to add that I can't count the number of times we have given up our own, larger bedroom, for guests who came as couples.  Much as I can't stand the Beadors, I felt for them -- that was definitely a one-person room or a room for a very, very young -- as in teenager -- couple.  Asking in a BS way if Shannon and David wanted to trade with Vicki and Brooks was obviously meant to result in a "no, of course not."  And Vicki's brother, and I presume his companion, were left to be gracious.  A guest is a guest and a good host always put those needs first--and in advance of arrival. 

Not a biggie and perhaps good for Miss Shannon to experience a touch of reality.  I don't think that Vicki is as fond of Shannon as she pretends to be.

• Love 3

In her blog she talks about sometimes getting giddy and nervous in front of David because she loves him so much. WTF?? She also goes on and on about how sick she is of others talking about her marriage. She wants folks to stop judging her marriage, people.  It is these kind of comments that make me distrust her take on anything.

Dafuq?? Who, pray tell, is she trying to fool with that BS? Herself I suppose.  Woman, please.  You can barely tolerate your husband, and vice-versa.  That marriage is hanging on by a thin thread, and a thread that gets thinner and thinner as the children get older. I'd bet my 401k savings (all $600!) that this marriage will not last through her children's college years.  Maybe not even high school. 

The thing that struck me with Shannon and David is how stiff and prickly she is when he shows her any kind of affection.  It's like when he goes in for a kiss or a hug or to just put his hand on her or arm around her, she totally tightens up

On one hand, I kind of get this. I get the feeling he doesn't give her much, if any, physical affection on a daily basis.  Based on these scenes, he's only going in for the hug or kiss when a) he's been drinking and b) they've been arguing. On the other hand, she's got a HUGE stick up her ass so maybe they reason why he stopped being affectionate with her during "everyday life" is because of how she coldly reacts to it.  Things that make you go hmmmmmm.   

What bothered me was that they let them watch such a violent scene with their Mom in it.  I know it's make believe, but damn, I don't think they needed to see that.

Bingo!  I assumed they DVR-ed it, so the kids weren't necessarily watching it in real-time, but STILL.  What 4-year old would be unscathed by seeing their mom "pretend" murdered???

• Love 3

I am trying to figure out exactly what Lizzie means when she says that Christian doesn't help her out at all with the kids. In the few times that we have seen him/their family, he seems to be helping with the boys; playing with them, getting them up to the table for meals, taking them for walks outside, getting them ready for bed. We have seen him responsible for them while she did the swimsuit photo shoot, when she had the ladies night make-up session at Heather's house, and a couple of other times as well that I recall. I guess I'm just not sure exactly what it is that she wants him to do that he is not doing. I don't believe I have ever heard him bitch about her leaving him alone with the kids. Her oldest one, his name escapes me, really does seem to be a handful. I recall him having a tantrum when they arrived at the playdate in the park with Heather and CoCo, and again last night. Maybe that is why she feels overwhelmed?

I don't think that it's that uncommon for a man to long for a more traditional 50's style household where the man goes out and works during the day, and the wife is at home raising perfect children, cleaning, and cooking delicious meals. Unrealistic? Of course, and I believe that most men know that as well, but they may dream for simpler times. I just haven't seen anything thus far though that shows me that this is what Christian expects or demands.

Tamra and Eddie = snooze! Why are they even shown? Their storyline is beyond stale and boring as hell.

I actually enjoy Heather's family scenes. Yes, it does feel like they are auditioning for a sitcom, or at least a reality spin-off, but I do appreciate the way she parents her children; she is firm, but loving. Terry annoys me to no end.

Vicki has surprised me this season. I haven't found her overly shrill, and she seems to enjoy her time with Brooks. It's not my life or relationship, and she is a grown ass woman, so I say she might as well get her WooHoo any way she damn well pleases.

Shannon and David are a wreck. But at least they are entertaining. It doesn't feel like this is only Shannon's first season.

Danielle who?

• Love 8

Also, did we know that Heather's kids Nicholas and Max(imillia) are twins? I didn't realize that.

I always thought this should have given Heather and Alexis a better chance at being friends since they had twins in common, but apparently not. Heather must be the problem since she also has twins in common with Shannon, but can't get along with her either.

• Love 4
(edited)
And I agree with above posters, enjoy the kids you have, don't add more - clearly these 2 are more than you can handle.  Has she clarified why she wants more?  Idiot

My opinion is that she and other wives from multiple franchises have proving their fertility caught up with maintaining the image that they are still youthful and therefore sexually desirable. More cynically, it's a way to keep the husbands around "for the kids" and insure a stable income if he doesn't. In any case, it's not about the kids. Ramona and Kim Richards are right around menopause and both of them had fake pregnancy scares. Then Luanne and Kenya with the IVF plots. 

The only time I've felt differently is when Kyle from RHOBH was talking to Mauricio about wanting another baby. For all of her flaws, I believe she wants to see her kids grow and thrive for their own sake's more than her status.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 5

Shannon has absolutely no sense of humor.  She's the most uptight person I've ever seen and has spent all of her time and TH's lately whining about the state of her marriage, Heather DuBrow, unacceptable accommodations, fish being in the ocean, people talking about her marriage, and everything David does.  The poor guy can't even enjoy a little salsa and chips without her finding fault with it.  I wouldn't blame him if he left her sorry ass tomorrow and found someone who could let loose and have a little fun.

As for her bitching about other people talking about her marriage, she started it in the first episode by discussing it with these women that she'd never even met before.  If you don't want people commenting about your personal business, keep it to yourself!  Or at least only share with close friends, and not a bunch of co-workers while being filmed.

Tamra was bitching about being up all night with Astro and getting no help from Eddie.  Does the moron think it would be any different with a real baby?  She's as delusional as Lizzie who complains about everything she is currently juggling and yet wants another baby.  I just can't with these women any more.

I'm liking Vicki more this season because she has finally admitted to the mistakes she made in her marriage to Donn, and she's ignoring everyone else's criticisms of her relationship with her favorite con man and just living her life.  Her relationship with Brooks DOES seem almost normal when compared to the trainwreck of Shannon and David's.

• Love 8

Forgot to add that I can't count the number of times we have given up our own, larger bedroom, for guests who came as couples.  Much as I can't stand the Beadors, I felt for them -- that was definitely a one-person room or a room for a very, very young -- as in teenager -- couple.  Asking in a BS way if Shannon and David wanted to trade with Vicki and Brooks was obviously meant to result in a "no, of course not."  And Vicki's brother, and I presume his companion, were left to be gracious.  A guest is a guest and a good host always put those needs first--and in advance of arrival. 

Not a biggie and perhaps good for Miss Shannon to experience a touch of reality.  I don't think that Vicki is as fond of Shannon as she pretends to be.

Maybe because we were always the guests growing up and rarely the hosts, my mother always taught me that nothing was more important than being a good guest. I still believe that. I cannot imagine, in any situation ever, asking my host or hostess to leave their bedroom to make room for me.  On the one occasion where our hosts had already made such arrangements when we got to their home for a few days, my husband and I were miserable (although we certainly wouldn't have said so). We kept thinking about the fact that we had displaced our host during our visit, and it made us feel like we were intruding on their personal space. I would never do it again. On the occasions where we have been in a situation were a host wanted to give up their bedroom, my husband and I have been clear that we will go to a hotel before we will take their bedroom. This has meant we have slept on couches, in bunk beds, on futons.  Likewise, I will make sure my guests are always comfortable.  Everyone gets their own room (although they are very small) with proper lighting, a TV, new slippers, and charging stations for gadgets.  What they will never get is my bedroom. 

• Love 14
(edited)

Lizzie is just so harsh looking. I'd love to cut her hair, maybe a cute bob and soften her features. She looks so drag queen.

She really does. The beauty queen thing is so incongruous given her overdrawn appearance. Also, I think the third baby topic is just as much a storyline ploy as Tamra's robo-baby. Unfortunately for them (and us), both stories are boring as hell.

What on earth crawled up Heather's butt? It's not enough that the whole family sit and watch her grand debut, but if Terry dare talk over her DVR'd scene, she'll give him an "I'll chop your donut holes off!" look. I couldn't last more than a few days in that kind of relationship.

Shannon, Shannon, Shannon, I feel like we're watching, uncomfortably waiting for her to completely break. That marriage makes me glad I'm single. Life is too short to live that way, nagging and griping, crying and lashing out. And I am as much a dutiful, anti-smoking Californian as any, but would it have killed her to find at least something enjoyable about the cigar shop? She must suck the joy right out of the air.

Edited by tvallthetime
  • Love 2

I've been on a Shannon hate train, so I'm going to try to stop after this one (ha!) - but the other thing that really struck me was how she keeps saying to people and in her talking heads that we are only seeing the "fun David", the David that is drinking and relaxing.  And that he doesn't come out all that often.  I trust her that this is true, but why would she just nag the crap out of him when he is in a good mood and make a point of telling people he's not normally like this?  It's like she's afraid that people will like him more than they like her, so she wants to establish that usually he is no fun.  

When she is not talking about her marriage, I do like her.  She is quirky and smart and understands that her behavior is hypocritical sometimes.  But when it comes to how she acts with him I'm just so fascinated and want to figure out what is going on.

• Love 6
(edited)

My opinion is that she and other wives from multiple franchises have proving their fertility caught up with maintaining the image that they are still youthful and therefore sexually desirable. More cynically, it's a way to keep the husbands around "for the kids" and insure a stable income if he doesn't. In any case, it's not about the kids. Ramona and Kim Richards are right around menopause and both of them had fake pregnancy scares. Then Luanne and Kenya with the IVF plots.

In the case of Ramona and Kim with their "scares" and Luanne, Kyle and now (ugh) Tamra.... I'd say you are probably right about the fertility thing. But they are all in their mid to later 40s.... and some (RAMONA) are mid-50s.

But Lizzie is only like 32 or 33, so I don't think that's the case with her.  I think she a) wants a girl and b) is getting pressure from friends and family to have a 3rd child. To me, it's something she thinks she "should" do, not necessarily something she wants to do.

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 3
(edited)

I swear I keep wanting to like Shannon, but then her whole attitude on the trip and how she acts with David, make it very difficult. That proverbial stick up her ass is not coming out. Either go to a hotel or put a smile on your face and deal with it. A lot of people would jump at the chance to go to PV for free, and bed or room size really wouldn't matter.

I've never liked Vicki, but she is actually admitting mistakes in her marriage and saying things in her THs that are reasonable!

Lizzie and Tamra - where do I begin? As has been said, I can't with the robot baby. Just no. I leave the room whenever any of her scenes begin.

Lizzie can't handle the two kids she has and is talking about a third. She needs to focus her efforts on potty training that child. I can't believe he's 4 and still in diapers. Good luck with enrolling him in Pre-K. Pretty sure they won't have someone to change him.

And my least favorite Heather. Yeah, probably not the best idea to let your kids watch a scene like that, even if Mommy was in it.

And that chef....okay, I'm not a chef, but I do love to cook and watch lots of those cooking competition shows....so he baked chicken and put cranberry sauce on top of it. A lot of cranberry sauce on top of it. And made french fries. Okay. I know he was cooking for children and everyone seemed to enjoy it, but it really didn't look like a very appetizing dish, or that it was made by someone who's a professional chef.

Edited by parrotlover
  • Love 1

Is this just a new chef? Because the way they were acting it was like they'd never had one before.

The way they were acting was like they've never seen food before!!  I want to know how did they survive until this point?  Now if only Shannon would hire one too and give her skinny little kids (and hubby) a good meal!! 

The only reason I can see Lizzie remaining on this show is that she's the one who triggers Tamra's epic meltdown.  So far, she's contributed nothing, so I'm assuming her reason for not being left on the cutting room floor has yet to come.  

• Love 1

What on earth crawled up Heather's butt? It's not enough that the whole family sit and watch her grand debut, but if Terry dare talk over her DVR'd scene, she'll give him an "I'll chop your donut holes off!" look.

I agree! Her body language and demeanor during that whole Hawaii 5-O viewing scene was bizarre. I was willing to overlook the "You'd freak if I talked over your scene" comment, since Terry is such a fame whore that I'm sure that's true. But then the scene with her slumped on the couch, legs crossed, chewing on her finger (??), and then Terry made the (cute) joke, "I guess he didn't like the soup!" and Heather muttered, "Oh, making it all about you huh?" Where the crap did that come from?? He was making a cute joke ABOUT YOU and your piddly little guest role!!

She has a track record of needing certain things to be 100% about her, and heaven help anyone who gets between her and the limelight. There was Terry being a totally supportive cheerleader, and he still wasn't fawning hard enough so she chastised him for it. The WTF look on his face, followed by his literal cheering for her, cracked me up.

• Love 4

Oh my God!  The scene with Heather and Shannon seemed very edited and confusing.  At first I thought Heather was just being an up and up bitch to Shannon, but later I realized that Shannon had gone there to confront Heather on whether or not Tamra had ratted her secret  and I agreed with Heather.  She was a good friend in that moment to not reveal the confidence, even though Shannon already knew and her point, however condescendingly delivered, was correct.  Shannon has treated Heather with nothing but contempt including going at her at her party.  The next time Heather sees her she's hat in hand at her door asking her to rat out Tamra?  Go ask Tamra!  

There was one point where David was trying to make a point about drinking his watered down tequila and he was mentioning that the folks at the HOTEL or whatever who chastising him for liking his tequila on the rocks and Shannon blew it completely out of proportion that David was saying that SHE was chastising him for drinking tequila.  She completely misheard him and then went on and on.  She is really just no fun.  Everyone around her has to walk on egg shells or her feelings are going to hurt and she's going to pitch a hissy fit.  People like that are exhausting!!

Maybe Shannon and David are warming up for a go-round on that Marriage Boot Camp Reality Stars that's working out so well for Gretchen and Slade!

Maybe it's the function of the cameras, but these couples seems very uncomfortable around each other, especially Vickie and Brooks, Tamra and Eddie and Shannon and David.  The awkwardness is palpable through the screen!  It's what makes them hard to watch.  That and the awful plastic surgery (TAMRA!)....

• Love 7

I forgot to mention that I thought David's pause when Vicki asked if they liked spending time together was because he was shovelling chips and guacamole into his face.  Which, I feel ya, bro.  That guac looked legit delish.

• Love 8

Letting any child watch a violent scene like that would be wrong. Letting a 3/4 year old child who probably doesn't fully understand that mommy was pretending watch was ludicrous. We only saw a second of it and it was pretty gruesome. We know she gets dragged down a flight of stairs as well. Parenting fail Heather. Lizzie's older kid screams and cries every episode. Not cute. I wonder if Vicki regrets the divorce from Don? Seems like she mentions the poor way she treated him in every episode. Also in every episode Shannon says she realizes she treats David badly and wants to try harder then proceeds to bash him all over again.

I miss the first 3 seasons....

• Love 6

Okay, if your child is old enough to tell you he needs to be changed, he needs his little ass potty trained!  Lizzie needs another baby like...Tamra needs another baby.  If you haven't done a stellar job with the kids you have, odds are your performance with a new baby won't be any better.  Just saying.

Yes, yes and YES to this!!  Lizzie is all over the place: 'I want a third kid (because everyone in my family has 3 kids, but heaven forbid if I have another boy and my mom won't be here 24/7 for me after I pop it out!), I want fulfillment, I want a career, I want it all, etc'  STFU Lizzie, do you realize how fast 5 years go by and then your kids are in school??  You cannot get that time back, so how bout spending time with them NOW, when they need you the most??  And that robot baby of Tamra's??  How asinine and desperate is that??  Hand it over to Lizzie and let her mom care for it.. GMAFB...

• Love 6

I wonder if Vicki regrets the divorce from Don? Seems like she mentions the poor way she treated him in every episode. Also in every episode Shannon says she realizes she treats David badly and wants to try harder then proceeds to bash him all over again.

I miss the first 3 seasons....

I think she does, sort of in an abstract way. Or at the very least she wonders what might have happened if they had dealt with their problems differently. The impression I always get is less about wanting Donn back and more about realizing she had a hand in both of her marriages failing and not wanting to make the same mistakes a 3rd time. I think a lot of people with a tendency to blame others for their own behaviors like Vicky (and Shannon *cough* *cough*) can go through that after a divorce. The person that had been their scape goat is gone but things still aren't perfect. It can be eye opening for all your issues not to leave when you kick your spouse out the door.

• Love 5

In Lizzie's blog this week, she mentions that her oldest son just turned 4.  Wow... She also says something about having told him that hitting 4 means no more diapers?  If your child can understand that sentence, it's long, long overdue girl.  And I agree with above posters, enjoy the kids you have, don't add more - clearly these 2 are more than you can handle.  Has she clarified why she wants more?  Idiot

So agree with this, I think what bothers me the most about shows like this is having the kids filmed....whatever the adults want to share because they are being filmed, fine, you are an 'adult' (in age at least!)...but can kids really understand the difference between this 'reality' and their real life without cameras??  I think not...and Lizzie (who I am now hating with a passion) said a couple episodes back that everyone in her family had 3 kids, so of course, in her pageant mind, that is a perfectly good reason to have a third kid, when the 2 she has don't seem to be thriving emotionally, good job, Lizzie!  And she seems to want a girl, again, in her pageant mind, that will make all the difference....

I forgot to mention that I thought David's pause when Vicki asked if they liked spending time together was because he was shovelling chips and guacamole into his face.  Which, I feel ya, bro.  That guac looked legit delish.

I wasn't even sure he heard the question!

I also think that Shannon's big problem seems to be he enjoys being around everyone but her.  I'd be willing to bet he married his mother and now he's tired of the nit-picking so he tunes her out.  He can't even compliment her without it being an issue -- remember the you look nice in that dress comment which she turned into a discussion and then tears about a boob job.

I also wonder if the dynamic in their marriage has changed.  He came from a humble background, she has family wealth (I think right?). Maybe she always felt she had the upper hand in the marriage because of that and now he has created a successful business and now she no longer has that upper hand and is insecure?

• Love 5
(edited)

Shannon rips him down in an attempt to make him feel like nobody else would want him because she is so insecure in his love. You guys are exactly right, she is creating the very thing she is afraid of. I hope she tries to treat him with respect. That's all men want. They are pretty easy.

It's funny, there are comments today that both Lizzie and Vicky look fat. Neither of them look fat. They are very normal sized women, thin even. The standard some people have is so unfair to women.

Edited by psychnurse
  • Love 6

I think Heather has convinced herself that she is on the brink of resuming a thriving acting career but has deluded herself into thinking this has nothing to do with the notoriety of the show.  This is why it pissed her off so badly with Gretchen and Alexis telling her that they were also offered roles (the same one she played).

• Love 6

Shannon is not very self-aware, is she? She spends her time in the bathroom defending her marriage to Vicky, saying there is no tension between her and David, everything is fine, you can't see tension, there is no tension, what tension??? Then they rejoin the group, and would you know it, her ass hasn't even sat down on her chair again before she snips at David to not make her look like a bitch. Um????

• Love 6
Have I been taking crazy pills or is David really attractive?

Any man seated next to Brooks would look like Clooney in comparison. Even Terry. But yes, David's by far the most attractive of the OC husbands.

Shannon reminds me of a lot of the high-maintenance women clients I had when I was a divorce lawyer.  It's all about them, all the time and everything is a draaah-maaah where they're at the centre of it. If the focus of attention goes off them for even a second, they have to start more drama to bring it back to them.

I thought Shannon was very, very ungracious and rude about the room she was given. It seemed to me she was more worried about having to share a bed with her husband than anything else.

Everything has to be about her-her-HER!  The bedroom's wrong, she won't wear shorts, the sea freaks her out (so why go on a fucking BEACH trip to the fucking OCEAN, you dumb bitch), she's going to faint from being in the presence of a cigar ... And her behaviour at the restaurant was disgraceful.

I think Heather's had a bad rap in the Tamra-Shannon-Heather business. The real villain of the piece is Tamra, who flat-out lied to Shannon. Tamra is burning all her bridges without realising it.

I thought Vicki looked like crap in this episode. Maybe it was her choice of clothes, but she looked very heavy. When she and Shannon were talking over a drink after they'd been to the cigar place I thought Vicki's face looked saggy, as if the facelift has already started to drop.

At the end of the episode when they had a preview of next week, what was it that Ryan said was 'crap' at C*** fitness? I replayed that bit a few times but still couldn't tell what he said?

• Love 3
Lizzie is all over the place: 'I want a third kid (because everyone in my family has 3 kids, but heaven forbid if I have another boy and my mom won't be here 24/7 for me after I pop it out!), I want fulfillment, I want a career, I want it all, etc'  STFU Lizzie, do you realize how fast 5 years go by and then your kids are in school??

To answer your question, No, she does not realize how fast the time flies. In her defense, most parents don't. I know I certainly did not. It's hard to appreciate those times when you are so busy changing poopy diapers, feeding them, bathing them, doing their endless laundry, shuttling them to playdates, activities, and doctor appointments, teaching them manners, cleaning up after them, and working your butt off to pay the bills and provide for them. I'm fairly certain we have all had parents, grandparents, and complete strangers telling us to value this special time because it is gone in the blink of an eye. With age and time comes wisdom. It is very easy to see these things through our rose-colored 20/20 hindsight vision. She'll get there too, but the same way most parents do; with longing regret for the good ol' days.

At the end of the episode when they had a preview of next week, what was it that Ryan said was 'crap' at C*** fitness? I replayed that bit a few times but still couldn't tell what he said?

I think it was the floors.

• Love 6

Next week, Terry and Heather put together a highlight reel of her appearances on Good Day L.A. and Hawaii 5-O.

And Heather regales us once more with that story about her stunt double's head going "thump thump thump" down the stairs.

• Love 3

Heather's chef wasn't that impressive to me either, but I can't hate on her for hopefully giving well-paid work to someone who has skills she lacks.  I can hate on her acting like an obnoxious, dumb mess over everything to do with her Hawaii Five-O guest spot.  I also think she has a nerve giving 'have it all!' advice to Lizzie, when the secret to her success is a very wealthy husband.  That's how you do it - you pay for an assistant, one or more nannies, a chef, a maid.  Then you have time for a fuckton of shopping, plastic surgery and dermatology procedures, and your career guesting on I think 3 TV shows.

That fake baby is unbelievably obnoxious - hearing it, looking at it, looking at the pair of over-40 assholes who took this on as a storyline.  All of it.  Tamra is soulless.  "Hey, Vicki!  Shanon's husband emailed her wanting a divorce!  Don't tell!!"

I assume Lizzie does really want a girl, but is mostly talking about babies for the show.  She is incredibly overwhelmed.  I don't know better but I think I'd be very worried if I had a 4-year old in diapers and who tantrumed as often as her oldest, and I thought something seemed off about the younger boy looking at the smoke alarm and not wanting to reach to it when Christian held him up.  Lord forgive me, I'm not trying to criticize her babies, because I also think two children is perfect for so many families - one is, too - and that a woman is not a failure as a mother if she's going through a patch of being overwhelmed and doubting what can be worked out and balanced at home. 

I stil can't with Vicki...she's just such a pig***.  Demonstrating the creaking bed, being so over the top with wanting Shannon to 'relax, relax!!, 'keep drinking, we're on vacation,' 'do you two like spending time together?' -- goodness gracious, she is so fucking exhausting.  Picture it - not Sicily, 1937, but just a couple of years ago, if SOMEONE, ANYONE, had decided to ask Vicki those kinds of questions about Donn, or even about Brooks when Brooks was revealed to somehow be banging other (blind? deaf? unable to smell or read gossip blogs?) women.  Picture Vicki's reaction!  A whiner like Shannon is exhausting, but so is Vicki.  And Crooks asking Shannon and David about anything to do with their relationship is hilarious and disgusting to me.  Pay your child support, motherfucker.  You're not a show fixture, you're not a baller, you're a toofless, jobless, non-parenting fraudster who obviously knows nothing even in theory about committed relationships, so shut it, you pathetic drunk.  And he is fake as FUCK, the whole pulling out Icky's chair all the time.  Please.  Pulling out a chair reads as incredibly false when he's less than a season away from trying to fuck twentysomethings and being unrepentant at the reunion, and 12 hours removed from getting hard when getting a rub-down and trying to cover by grabbing for Icky's hoof. 

Vicki, there is nothing sexy involved with you and a cigar.  Or you and a drink, you and a man, you and insurance, etc.  It's not the cigar, it's you.

David is attractive.  But while she works my nerves I do believe Shannon about some stuff.  I believe that people haven't seen his darker moments.  I don't think this usually but I have a strong no-evidence feeling that David has cheated, that they worked it out, but that Shannon rightfully feels she can't trust him.  She knows better, she seems smart, but she can't control the impulse to pick at him, to punish him in an ongoing way, even though she knows that never works.  David seems like someone who doesn't hold onto the past, a pretty surface guy, who does love her and his family.  I think Shannon can be ok in her marriage and even happy if she gets therapy to stop picking at him, and works through any past issues.  She is not obliged to get over the past but if she wants to stay in her marriage, she doesn't have a choice.  Just spitballing here. 

*** Mu Shu gave me PTSD when she described Crooks and Icky as looking literally like two pigs rotating on a spit when they were rotating their gross selves durign their massages.  Too true.

• Love 10
(edited)

So I'm getting the distinct impression Shannon is the OC counterpart to Aviva on RHONYC.

Holy phobia, won't go in the ocean because of FISH?  Did she mean like great white sharks that could tear off her leg (in which she would be more like an Aviva clone) or that she just has a fear of any type of fish or...WTF????

Her making that comment to David about "without making me look like such a bitch" (paraphrased) should have been juxtaposed with the scene from a previous season where Don told Vicki at Peggy's dinner to "stop being such a bitch about everything."  Said in front of other dinner guests, no less.  Let's not save that sniping for when we're alone, guys, let's ruin EVERYONE'S evening with that fuck-and-awe show.  Free dinner entertainment, right?  Yeah, not gonna make anybody else at the table uncomfortable at all.   *snort*

Lizzy, pretty soon that kid's going to be able to change his own diaper.  I wonder if he's still on the bottle, too.  Unless the child has special needs, there's absolutely no reason that kid isn't potty-trained by now.  None.  In spite of your swimwear business (again, snort), you're a SAHM and making sure your children's basic needs are met is, I'm assuming, the #1 priority.  I can't even believe a child of that age even ENJOYS loading up the diaper and walking around in it.  

I feel totally justified in snarking on her for this - As a single mom who also worked full-time outside of the home, my daughter was weaned from the bottle at 1 year of age and potty trained by 2 years of age.  It ain't rocket science and with a little concentrated effort takes a minimal amount of time to accomplish.  Ugh.

Tamra, yes, you've taken the first step and admitted you're too fucking old for those 2 am crying jags.  So then why, pray tell, are you STILL lugging around that ridiculous looking robot baby?  Hell, no wonder people look at you like you're crazy.  

Of course, I'm pretty sure people have ALWAYS looked at you like you're crazy.  You're just more aware of it now and THINK it's because of Astro.  Guess again.  They're probably recognizing you as the crazy shit-stirring bitch from RHOC.  Hell, I'd stare at your vile ass, too.  

And Vicki?  Vicki, Vicki, Vicki...I'll go down and party my ass off with her and Brooks in PV any time.  That trip looks like it's hella fun...Except for the whole Shannon/David pissing all over it.

I'll go next time, Vicki, and I promise I'll find that guest room just perfect and I'll even go into the ocean, fish be damned!  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 4
(edited)
Yes, David is a cutie. He is on his way to being a silver fox. He has such a boyish, youthful face. My inclination is to announce myself as Team David but I can't do that because I just sense that there is some deep underlying events that set the relationship up into this rut that he is just as, if not more, responsible for. I just wonder if time will reveal all.

Yeah, I think there's a lot between them we still don't know about.  Why is David staying with her when he looks so completely miserable?  She's needling him to a point she's not even aware of it anymore.  To me, that isn't just sad.  It's time for them to end the marriage & move on.  I get why she's in denial & delusional & is desperately hanging on.  

Maybe she's terrified to be alone & she's more than willing to hang on to a terrible marriage.  But what about him?  Why the fuck hasn't he left her by now, when she continually treats him so horribly?  Actually, I think she's downright verbally abusive.  Sorry, but it's hard for me to be too supportive of David cuz of this-

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/12/new-real-housewives-orange-county-husband-investigated-battery/

Hey, it's David's choice to stick around & take her crap.  I think most men woulda left her years ago.  My hunch is there's something motivating him to stay with her.  Love?  Ha!  The daughters?  Nah.  I'm thinkin' it's her dough.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

I like Shannon at times. She seems real. But she also seems like a real pain in the ass as well. I would guess David probably has cheated on her and maybe that was part of his email. Confessing to an affair and wanting to move out. I don't condone cheating at all but I wouldn't blame him. He can do NOTHING right. Shannon is jealous of how he is fun David around other people, of how he loves his daughters etc. David is a very attractive guy. He needs to leave his shrew of a wife and find someone younger who will appreciate him. Shannon nags and bitches WAY too much. If she has that much of a problem with everything he does, she needs to leave him. It was cute how they were laughing over Vicki not letting  them leave and bonding over that small room. I don't think David would have cared much but wow Shannon was a bitch about the small room.

VIcki looked terrible. She should NOT wear that big baggy thing. Brooks is so gross. I want to throw up when I see him. He is so fat and bloated and looks like a pig. Lizzie and Tamara can just leave. their storylines are just boring. Heather is such a bitch. She wants all the attention on her 24/7. Her little ten second part in that show was nothing to be impressed with. Not sure why she was so rude to Terry about it. My god, being around any of these women must be exhausting!!

• Love 2

There is something a little odd how for the second or third time Shannon has made the announcement David doesn't drink-and then he proceeds to drink.  What I hear Shannon saying is he doesn't drink all the time but when he does he behaves inappropriately.  Almost as if she is giving others around a warning in advance. I can hear her now, "oh David would never say that it was the Tequila talking."  I would be curious to see if the original domestic violence incident involved alcohol.

For some odd reason I am pulling for this couple.  I am a little tired of the dysfunctional marriages on these shows ending in divorce.  It is nice to see one party wanting to fight to save their marriage-even if she is the most unaware person on the planet about her method.  The women and their perfectionist streaks are oh so evident.

Psychnurse-I have to agree about the body issues presents on this show.  Vicki is probably far closer to average than Shannon, Tamra and Heather.  Lizzie has a great body she just needs to wear clothes that flatter her more.  I saw her upcoming swimsuit collection she obviously lives and dies by the size 2 is too much theory.  Briana is obviously heavy but the rest of these women look just fine.

• Love 2

Why is David staying with her when he looks so completely miserable?

Two words. The children. 

Countless people stay in loveless marriages for the sake of not splitting up the family, and Shannon and David are 2 of them. Not saying it's right, but it's a reality.

• Love 2

Two words. The children. 

Countless people stay in loveless marriages for the sake of not splitting up the family, and Shannon and David are 2 of them. Not saying it's right, but it's a reality.

That's so true!  The funny thing is, they could turn that marriage around.  I think for a lot of men, they live very well by the 3 "F"s, feed them, have fun with them and being rather brash, fuck them.  He's definitely missing the fun and the sex.  Those are all things that can be re-captured.  Of course, I'm assuming that he is a normal guy without awful character problems.

• Love 2

That's so true!  The funny thing is, they could turn that marriage around.  I think for a lot of men, they live very well by the 3 "F"s, feed them, have fun with them and being rather brash, fuck them.  He's definitely missing the fun and the sex.  Those are all things that can be re-captured.  Of course, I'm assuming that he is a normal guy without awful character problems.

He might be missing out on the "feed them" part, too.  Last episode when Shannon was sniping at him for eating chips and salsa every day before dinner, he sniped back that maybe if dinner was on the table he wouldn't be eating the chips and salsa.  

• Love 1

He might be missing out on the "feed them" part, too.  Last episode when Shannon was sniping at him for eating chips and salsa every day before dinner, he sniped back that maybe if dinner was on the table he wouldn't be eating the chips and salsa.  

There you go!  She's missing on all the "f"s. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Lizzie's strapless white little girl dress with the flowery head band did her no favours.  If she stays beyond this year, I see big makeover on the horizon.  

I like what I've seen of Vicky's brother in the last couple of years.  He seems like a good person and smart.  And someone who cares for his sister.  

It's been fun to see Vicky so enjoy Puerto Vallarta and not act like a dummie when abroad.  I guess feeling like she grew up there helps.  Whatever it is, it suits her.  And I think she looks fine for a woman her age and a grandmother.  Menopause is a death knell to one's good looks -- or close to it.  I like her with the shorter hair and I like seeing her happy and more insightful.  If Brooks is aiding her in any of that, I'm okay with it.  Not missing Brianna and Co at all. 

Vicky was spot-on about this too:  Once the urge and desire to be active and happy in the bedroom are over, any marriage is going to suffer a blow.  If folks are friends and committed to each other and their family, it's possible to go on.  If not, if there is no sense of devotion and concern beyond sex, then you're in trouble.  I don't find David attractive in the least -- his voice bugs me -- but I can understand Shannon not wanting to let go for a variety of reasons.  But, if she's going to continue to display Borderline Personality quirks, then, Katy, bar the door.  She's compulsive in her destruction of the arrangement

Shannon seems incapable of understanding that David exists as person outside of her sphere of resentment, complaint, and entitlement.  She has no respect for him at all and he knows that he's holding the cards and couldn't be bothered. 

Her screeching David, Stop! when it looked like she might be tossed into the ocean was the kind of thing that turns me off a gal forever. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 3
(edited)
Two words. The children.

Countless people stay in loveless marriages for the sake of not splitting up the family, and Shannon and David are 2 of them. Not saying it's right, but it's a reality.

I agree with you -- partly.  But it's about much more than the kids.  I bet they both have an enormous fear of change.  Know what I think will finally break them up?  If he meets someone else.  I'm surprised he hasn't already.  He's an attractive guy.  It's only a matter of time.  When he does meet someone else, he'll be outta there quick.  And you can be sure the daughters won't even be a thought in his head to prevent from him from high-tailing it away from her.

Any chance Shannon would meet someone else?  Er, no fuckin' way.  Well, maybe she can get herself a pretend husband.  Hmmm, let's see now . . . Danielle's got one & um, Tams has got one, so it seems to be a prevalent thing there in the OC.

Am I pulling for them to stay together?  Fuck no.  They both seem absolutely miserable.  Who would wanna stay in that kind of marriage?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

Can't believe I actually created an account to weigh in on potty training, but it is not at all unusual or wildly abnormal for a 4-yr-old boy to still be in diapers, or still be at some transitional stage of potty training. They can still be very emotionally immature at that stage—like little exposed nerve endings, and if tired, or hungry, or on a day that ends in "y" can get awfully dramatic at the drop of a hat over just about anything—and still be well adjusted and completely normal. Don't forget that scene was also an attempt to hand kids over to less-involved dad, which always tends to turn up the volume on any kind of negative behavior.

Judge Lizzie for her pageanty outfits/makeup/whatever, but she seems like a loving mom taking care of two small kids and trying to carve out something for herself (which is what I do all day, so I feel like I know what that looks like). If she wants another, more power to her. Seems like she can afford the kind of help she needs.

Shannon's biggest problem seems to be that she's a terrible communicator, and then holds people responsible for not understanding the concepts/feelings/issues she never presented clearly in the first place. It makes total sense in her own head, but the way the words come out, people have no idea what she's after, and take things the wrong way. I don't know that Heather got the fact that Shannon just wanted confirmation of Tamra's loose lips when she came to the house, and because it was so muddled, took offense, and away we go.

• Love 5

Shannon seems incapable of understanding that David exists as person outside of her sphere of resentment, complaint, and entitlement. She has no respect for him at all and he knows that he's holding the cards and couldn't be bothered.

Her screeching David, Stop! when it looked like she might be tossed into the ocean was the kind of thing that turns me off a gal forever.

Totally agree. Listening to Shannon is like listening to a spoiled child. She should always be the focus of attention. No one has a point of view but her. The problem is never her behavior, but that people react badly to her behavior. When she has needs everyone should drop everything and attend to her needs regardless of how poorly she may treat people. I'm been moving from annoyance with her to actual dislike for a long time and I am there. I'm sorry, Shannon is not a good person no matter what she thinks. She is spoiled and selfish and mean. All that being said, I can not wait to see what happens in PV next week! I couldn't actually be around Shannon for five minutes without pulling a muscle from eye rolling, but she is crazy fascinating TV!

For fucks sake Tamara, it's a doll! I wouldn't get up in the middle of the night to attend to a doll either!

• Love 3
(edited)
If she stays beyond this year, I see big makeover on the horizon.

Doubt it.  The woman brings absolutely nothing to the show.  She does need a makeover desperately -- hair, makeup & clothes need to be completely redone.  She doesn't even especially look pageant tacky to me.  But everything about her is just way off.  Even if she got a short pixie cut, minimal makeup, wore some scoop tees & nicely fitting jeans, she would look infinitely better than she has.  The prob is, she'd still bore the fuck outta me tho.  She needs to go.  The husband's hot, but he bores me too.

Judge Lizzie for her pageanty outfits/makeup/whatever, but she seems like a loving mom taking care of two small kids and trying to carve out something for herself (which is what I do all day, so I feel like I know what that looks like). 

Eh, I suppose she's nice enough, if maybe a shitty mom.  I just don't care bout her.  I want someone on there I can snark on or laugh at.  When Tams said Lizzie is a combo of Gretch & Alexis, she couldn't have been more wrong.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

Shannon gives David no quarter. She wants all this attention from him but what is she doing to garner it or even make sure David gets equal amounts of attention from her? Is she willing to give it in return? Case in point, the opening scene where David comes home. He enters the kitchen gives a nice smile and hello to both Shannon and their daughter, in that order. He genuinely seems happy to see them both. Shannon barely says hi, if she said it at all. I can't remember. However, there was no smile on Shannon face and it really didn't look like she was happy to see him. The daughter runs over to hug and kiss her dad. Shannon just stands there by the counter looking totally disinterested. David disengages with his daughter and walks over to kiss his wife.  Would it have killed Shannon to smile and look happy to see her husband? Meet him half way for a hug and a kiss? It almost seems like she wants him to fawn and worship at her feet while she stands there like an ivory statue. 

Shannon may love her husband. That love maybe because he is the father of their children or because she is nostalgic over what they once had but she sure as hell doesn't like him. It shows. 

Can't wait to see Tamra shrieking and running barefoot away from Lizzie. That is the only thing giving me half a hope with Lizzie as a new addition. Tamra has such damn non-stories this season that I wouldn't doubt that she pulled some beef out of her ass (meaning outright lied about some shit) to start a conflict and garner interest and attention.  Tamra is that bitch.

Count me as surprised that the OC gets so many vacays this season. Hawaii, PV and Bali. It is not like they have ATL ratings. 

• Love 4
For some odd reason I am pulling for this couple.  I am a little tired of the dysfunctional marriages on these shows ending in divorce.  It is nice to see one party wanting to fight to save their marriage-even if she is the most unaware person on the planet about her method.  The women and their perfectionist streaks are oh so evident.

I'm pulling for them too, zoeysmom. Maybe I am just old-school, but I am tired of all of these ho-wives behaving as if marriages are easily disposable. Why get married in the first place if you aren't willing to make the effort to try and resolve the issues? I do make exception for abuse however, so if that is the case here, I say run, run fast!

David is attractive.  But while she works my nerves I do believe Shannon about some stuff.  I believe that people haven't seen his darker moments.  I don't think this usually but I have a strong no-evidence feeling that David has cheated, that they worked it out, but that Shannon rightfully feels she can't trust him.  She knows better, she seems smart, but she can't control the impulse to pick at him, to punish him in an ongoing way, even though she knows that never works.  David seems like someone who doesn't hold onto the past, a pretty surface guy, who does love her and his family.  I think Shannon can be ok in her marriage and even happy if she gets therapy to stop picking at him, and works through any past issues.  She is not obliged to get over the past but if she wants to stay in her marriage, she doesn't have a choice.  Just spitballing here.

I think you have unmasked the mystery Midnight Cheese. She keeps saying that David is usually quiet, withdrawn, passive aggressive, and that no one is seeing the "real" David. Why on God's Green Earth would you want your husband to look like a complete passive agressive asshat on television??? Or to expose him as such? I would be happy that he was attempting to put his best foot forward and not embarrass me for all to see. What is embarrassing is when you have to witness a spouse verbally reprimand their partner publically every damn week. The only explanation is she is trying to punish him for his misdeeds, and have others loathe him as much as she.

• Love 3
But Lizzie is only like 32 or 33, so I don't think that's the case with her.  I think she a) wants a girl and b) is getting pressure from friends and family to have a 3rd child. To me, it's something she thinks she "should" do, not necessarily something she wants to do.

Oops, my bad. I thought Lizzie was in her late thirties (not that there's anything wrong with that -- I'm 35 myself). In that case she really ages herself with all that makeup. 

(edited)

Tamara's story does not make any sense at all! Eddie doesn't want a baby, so his disinterest in fake baby seems on track. And Tamara is trying to get him to take care of fake baby? They are trying to figure out if they want a baby? Huh? Eddie said he doesn't. And yet Tamara still is playing by this baby script. I wonder if Eddie is just "whatever, say whatever you want."" I'll just show up on camera when you need me."

I might be embarrassed for Tammy Sue, if I didn't dislike her so much. Her story is stupid.

I laughed my ass off when Shannon was so stressed about the room. And then laughed just as hard when David said "well, how did that go?" After Vicki said" Nope, you're not leaving."

I try not to judge people's parenting because my 4 yr old son has autism and is non verbal and still wears pull ups when we go out for long periods and at night to sleep. And he is a hand full and isn't always an angel in public, he gets overwhelmed at times, and I have had to deal with a lot of wtf looks and just straight up rude people. Saying that, Lizzy does not need to have another child. She seems to be overwhelmed with all she has now. Enjoy what you have and think about more kids later.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 2

I think Lizzie would look like a really ugly man with a pixie cut. You have to have very delicate and feminine features to pull that off.

Even if she got a short pixie cut, minimal makeup, wore some scoop tees & nicely fitting jeans, she would look infinitely better than she has.

I think Lizzie would look like a really ugly man with a pixie cut. You have to have very delicate and feminine features to pull that off.

I also don't think her hair would do it. She has thicker wavy hair. It would end up doing the mushroom head thing.