Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Making Woo-Hoo-Py!

• Start Topic

The only explanation is she is trying to punish him for his misdeeds, and have others loathe him as much as she.

If Shannon is so desperate to save her marriage, she's sure going about it the wrong way.

At the beginning of the season, she bitched about David never wanting to spend time with her, and then when Vicki invites them on a getaway, she can't even let her hair down and have a little fun.  I'll bet Vicki was exhausted from trying to cajole her into lightening up and enjoying herself, since Shannon was having none of that!

• Love 1
(edited)

Shannon is horrible. She complains endlessly, nags endlessly and then whines and throws a tantrum because David took her meaning wrong? No, honey, he took that you are a raving bitch that bitches. He is correct. Shannon needs a job, except she wouldn't last in one a week because no one would work with her. 

I hate Shannon. And, Shannon, when you are looking at Brooks and Vicki  as a "healthy couple" you are in serious trouble. What is truly tragic is that by comparison to David and Shannon they actually look healthy.

Tamra is boring and I don't give a damn about the fake baby story line. That "fake" is intended in more ways than one because no one, absolutely no one, actually beleives there is a snowballs chance in hell you two would have a baby even if it were possible. You have ruined enough children Tammy., take a break. I'd suggest a puppy, but I love dogs far too much for such a thing. Ditto with kittens. Maybe a goldfish.Actually a snake might be a better fit.

Once again, I was looking forward more to Ladies of London than I was enjoying OC. Not a good sign, me thinks.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 4

I think I need an intervention because my hatred for Terry Dubrow is out of control. I am passionate about food, but the way he was leering over the meal and then gushing over it - he just strikes as this self-obsessed glutton. Just totally out for himself and his own pleasure. It doesn't help that I have read his horrible Yelp reviews - I picture him condescendingly dismissing the patients who got botched work from him as he shovels food down his mouth. I find him totally disgusting. This cannot be healthy for me.

• Love 11

Islandgal, I had the same "um, wtf?" reaction when Lizzie was waxing adulatory about how impressively Heather juggles it all. Heather doesn't work and literally has something like three people on staff. She's every bit as accomplished as Alexis Bellino, come to think of it! Like, pre-fashion line Alexis . . . I'm completely Team David, but Shannon's exaggerations regarding her confrontation are about per-cep-tion, remember? Oh, I guess that rationalization applies only when Heather peddles fictional accounts about people yelling at her across a crowded restaurant. And her contention that Shannon is misdirecting her aggression toward Heather and away from Tamra is ironic considering Heather lamented the double standard to which Tams and Vicki hold her when speaking to Shannon. She also continued that thread with her whining to her assistant. Why isn't she following her own advice and addressing these issues with her good friends? As for the matter of Vicki's accommodations, I think it was in bad form for her as hostess to install Michael on the sofa/designate his bedroom in a public space. What if any guests want to get up early, putter around in the kitchen or living room, etc? Michael will be asleep. Coupling that with the guests' awareness that Michael has been displaced from a private bedroom for their benefit, and it's an imposition of awkwardness and social discomfort. It's not like they're a passel of college friends piling in for spring break who thus don't care where they sleep. Shannon and David very diplomatically tried to navigate the situation, and it was kind of ill-mannered for Vicki to refuse to take the hint despite obviously picking up on it.

• Love 3

Did Shannon say David had never seen her in shorts because she has never worn any? S. Cal folks - how unusual would this be to live in that part of the country and never wear shorts? I thought that maybe she had ugly legs or something, but when she got out of the water, I thought her legs looked lovely, so that cannot be it. 

In her blog she talks about sometimes getting giddy and nervous in front of David because she loves him so much. WTF?? She also goes on and on about how sick she is of others talking about her marriage. She wants folks to stop judging her marriage, people.  It is these kind of comments that make me distrust her take on anything. 

I know it has been said, but it cannot be said enough. She needs a team of Therapists working around the clock and she needs them pronto. 

Santa Barbara County bred....Newport Beach addicted...and I havent worn shorts since grade school. Maxi/sun dresses are much more de rigueur out here..especially for adult ladies :-)

• Love 1

I'm thinking that Lizzie is projecting her guilt over wanting a career onto her husband.  I'm sure her husband says he'd prefer she stay at home because what husband wouldn't want that fantasy, but he seems capable of handling his two boys on his own.  I thought the oldest was approaching three not four so I'm curious about the diapers at such an older age.  I think there is an interesting story with Lizzie and her homelife, but given that she was selected weeks into filming, there might have been less footage to piece together the story.  I do think Lizzie is caught between her desires and what is expected of her as a woman and mother.  An interesting sociological portrait especially given that she was in the beauty queen circuit and feels regret over things not working out for her acting/fame wise.  I did like the scene between her and Heather because Heather did offer good advice to rethink the baby thing a few months down the road.

I guess Vicki was the lucky winner of the collective brain in this episode since I thought she was very logical in regards to shannon and David's marriage.  I do think Vicki likes Shannon, and you can tell the two of them seem close to one another.  Although, when watching them, it makes me miss Vicki and Jeana when they used to be friends and I even miss Tamra and Tammy K, who also were real friends as well.

That's why even though Shannon is a walking contradiction, she is also fascinating to watch.  She is quirky, but very sheltered.  She does come from old money, and I think whoever cast her as a housewife deserves a promotion.

• Love 2

I'm thinking that Lizzie is projecting her guilt over wanting a career onto her husband.  I'm sure her husband says he'd prefer she stay at home because what husband wouldn't want that fantasy, but he seems capable of handling his two boys on his own.

I think a lot of men like the thought of two incomes.  My sneaking suspicion is her business is a money drain and they'd be better off if she didn't try to "do it all."

• Love 4

There is something very unhealthy about the vibe between Shannon and David.   It feels like she has something on him that keeps him in the marriage despite the fact that she makes him miserable.     It's more like blackmail than marriage.

(edited)

I think I need an intervention because my hatred for Terry Dubrow is out of control. I am passionate about food, but the way he was leering over the meal and then gushing over it - he just strikes as this self-obsessed glutton. Just totally out for himself and his own pleasure. It doesn't help that I have read his horrible Yelp reviews - I picture him condescendingly dismissing the patients who got botched work from him as he shovels food down his mouth. I find him totally disgusting. This cannot be healthy for me.

I wonder if he would have that same look of glee had Heather herself prepared that dinner...

Or if it was the fact a "private personal chef" had prepared it that made it so damned appealing to him.  

There is something very unhealthy about the vibe between Shannon and David.   It feels like she has something on him that keeps him in the marriage despite the fact that she makes him miserable.     It's more like blackmail than marriage.

Yeah, it's almost like War of the Roses on a lesser scale.  I could totally see those 2 REALLY going after each other and the marital property in a divorce...

And Shannon shoving David's comforting hand off of her as she gasped her last breath.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 1

Wait!  I've been calling Lizzie by the wrong name all year!  I thought her name was Libby!  I just realized that.  Sheesh, I know Vicki's brother's name and I know Vicki's dog's name, but I screwed up with Lizzie?!  I guess she doesn't interest me at all!

Lizzie,  Izzie, Gizzard,  who cares?   She won't be back.

I went to school for fashion design.   I am no fashion designer.   Lizzie's drawlings were the most pathetic I have seen.   Alexis Bellino can do better than that, and Gretchen Rossi practically takes it to high art in comparison.   Hell,even Lynne in her benzo/pot/vodka induced haze could do better.     That kid looks old enough to start working, but he can't talk and is still in diapers?   I hope he doesn't have problems, but if he does, she should put her little business aside and concentrate on raising her damn kid.    It's just bathing suits, she's not reinventing the wheel.     It's not like she can't pick up a couple of years later and sew some crotches in some bottoms.   Hire a manager, dumbass.

I used to never be able to sleep in a strange place, so earplugs and valium were always packed.    Shannon is a spoiled, ungrateful guest.   The room was small, but looked clean, private, and safe.    Put on the damn fan, pop a valium, put in your earplugs and you're good to go.     I must be a peasant, because I thought the condo was beautiful and would love to be invited to stay in such a nice place.  

The fake baby was a storyline (except not  robotiticized) on an episode of "Popular".   That was in 1999.  Lame. 

I wanted to see more of the scene where Heather was beaten and killed.    Sue me. 

Vacation Vicki is fun.   Shannon is a killjoy who could suck the fun out of Disneyworld and have enough of a vacuum to do Disneyland, too.    She is really negative, all the time. 

• Love 8
(edited)
Tamra was bitching about being up all night with Astro and getting no help from Eddie.  Does the moron think it would be any different with a real baby?  

Eddie should remind her that in a couple of years she'll be raising Ryan's baby like Lauri almost ended up doing with Josh's drug-addicted baby. 

Clearly any desire of his to have children has been snuffed out by the presence of Tamra's other spawn. Besides, if he wants kids he and his next spouse can adopt them. I hear that's legal now.

I'm liking Vicki more this season because she has finally admitted to the mistakes she made in her marriage to Donn,

Call me cynical, but I think she saw how the public has treated Bethenny since her divorce and doesn't want to end up being hated while the ex gets the public love.

Edited by AuntieDiane6
  • Love 3

What kind of an idiot thinks a screaming plastic doll would entice someone to want a kid?

This storyline is so ridiculous. I'm offended Bravo thinks we're this dumb.

Thank you! I can't for the life of me figure out why Bravo thinks this is in any way entertaining.

• Love 1
I think Lizzie would look like a really ugly man with a pixie cut.

Jeez, I couldn't disagree with this more.  Unless you think Sophia Loren looked like a man.  I know I don't.  Maybe not a pixie cut.  But she'd look a zillion times better with something short.  She'd look super hot -- I'm thinkin' like this-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sophia_Loren_-_1959.jpg

In any case, she needs to ditch the drag queen hair.  Even the drag queens are ditching that tired shit.

Jeez, I couldn't disagree with this more.  Unless you think Sophia Loren looked like a man.  I know I don't.  Maybe not a pixie cut.  But she'd look a zillion times better with something short.  She'd look super hot -- I'm thinkin' like this-

In any case, she needs to ditch the drag queen hair.  Even the drag queens are ditching that tired shit.

Or how about this?

http://fashionguide.md/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/sophia-loren-hairstyle-811x10241.jpg

I think her features are so big she needs to have volume -- something other than mermaid hair.

(edited)

In Lizzie's blog this week, she mentions that her oldest son just turned 4.  Wow... She also says something about having told him that hitting 4 means no more diapers?  If your child can understand that sentence, it's long, long overdue girl.  And I agree with above posters, enjoy the kids you have, don't add more - clearly these 2 are more than you can handle.  Has she clarified why she wants more?  Idiot

Because her husband does. Great reason, right?

I have to say I really like Eddie this season. He does not give one ounce of shit about Tamra. He tells her exactly what he thinks, and does exactly what he wants. You take care of Astro, honey. I'm going for my bike ride, see ya in a couple of hours!!! I don't see that he has any love for her at all. 

Edited by demarti
  • Love 1
(edited)

I finally saw this ep in its entirety.

Yeah, there seems to be something wrong with Lizzie's perpetually-crying diaper-wearing four year old.

I noticed when Vicki's brother offered his room, I noticed he said it was because he was a deep sleeper and would sleep through the noise. I would have been totally confused by that had I not heard why.

I am totallty bored with Tamra's stupid baby-quest now. I will laugh my butt off if at the end of the testing they reveal the baby had a microphone and they recorded them fighting about the baby and tell them NOT to get a child.

In the teaser for the next week, rat-faced Ryan tells Eddie that the flooring at C*** Fitness sucks. Ha ha! (a la Nelson)

ETA: Spelling.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 1

What bothered me was that they let them watch such a violent scene with their Mom in it. I know it's make believe, but damn, I don't think they needed to see that

Yes! Did that not Dawn on her? Her kids are young! Even if it is fake and for TV, no one needs to see their Mom smacked around. Also, is her daughter Max's name really Maximillia??? On a Bravo commercial featuring her and the twins, I swear that's what it said.

The thing about those Astro (Judge!) dolls is that they hand them out to high schoolers as part of Health class in sophomore or junior year to teach the kids about the real responsibilities of infant care -- as a deterrent to casual, unsafe, stupid sex!  Or at least they do around these parts.  One of our family's young lady friends took care of one for a week or so -- definitely made an impact although she fell in love with hers and was super attentive. 

So, yeah, Astro not going to be the way to convince Eddie of anything.  Not that I believe for an instant that the whole thing isn't totally fake.  Astro Judge is still a pretty great name though.  One of Eddie's better moments. 

These shows across the board have fallen into some really lazy ruts -- babies and children going off to college are just two themes that they've run into the ground.  Now we can add marriages in their last throes.  It would be wild if old what's her name Shannon and David were in fact wildly in love and passionately going at it while pretending to despise each other for the cameras.  

Lizzie would look great with a modified shag -- like Jane Fonda in Klute -- with some work done to bring those eyebrows to a more natural shape -- and a wardrobe overhaul.  She's a very attractive woman who's dressing too young and holding onto to the kind of pageant hair that makes her look harsh and cheap.  She'd look great in good, sexy blue jeans and boyfriend shirts.  Sometimes the way to look more feminine, if that's the goal, is to embrace the boyish.  Van der Pump always looks her best in her jeans and men's shirts.  Could work for Miss Tennessee.

• Love 2

Ha ha, I don't think they were miked up.  When Shannon and David came back from their little "chat," the brother and girlfriend were talking and you couldn't hear anything they were saying.  So she could be every decibel as loud as Vicki!

I love that Vicki is delusional enough to call her relationship with Brooks "healthy."  

I cringe every time Vicki interacts with a Spanish speaking person, like that poor chef.  But I also secretly love it.

No scratchy the woody!

I don't think David and Shannen made that big a deal out of the bedroom situation and tried to graciously get out of it, but old Vicki wasn't hearing it. And as another person said, why should they have to be uncomfortable on vacation even it it is a work vacation? That bed looked really tiny and there's highway noise to boot? I don't think they were being bratty or entitled at all, and didn't say another word about it, that we know of, until Vicky's brother offered to swap. Vicki knew they were having troubles, why not let them be comfortable.

So it's a 3 bedroom condo and Vicki has invited her brother & his girlfriend as well as David & Shannon and maybe her son Michael.  Vicki's brother loves the camera.  Vicki and Brooks take the master.  OK.  Then Vicki assigns the smallest bedroom that backs up to the main road to her guests?  Um, no.  Nice of the brother to offer but Vicki shouldn't have put them in that position.  I'd have been on hotels.com or flipkey getting my own room somewhere else if I was Shannon.  Let Michael have the tiny room and we'll join for breakfast.  I'm sure there was another timeshare that wasn't occupied that they could have stayed in.  I think production would hate me as I'd be avoiding all drama.

In Lizzie's blog this week, she mentions that her oldest son just turned 4.  Wow... She also says something about having told him that hitting 4 means no more diapers?  If your child can understand that sentence, it's long, long overdue girl.  And I agree with above posters, enjoy the kids you have, don't add more - clearly these 2 are more than you can handle.  Has she clarified why she wants more?  Idiot

Lizzie wants a girl.  She'd be better off with a doll that she can dress up.  I doubt she'd parent that any better.  And yes, I am knowingly being a sanctimommy.

• Love 1

Sophia Loren is prettier than Lizzie but, I still think the cut did her no favors either.

There is something very unhealthy about the vibe between Shannon and David. It feels like she has something on him that keeps him in the marriage despite the fact that she makes him miserable. It's more like blackmail than marriage.

Eh. I can go either way on this. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that David has some hidden asshole behavior we haven't seen. On the other hand...Shannon would try the patience of Job. We've never really seen David loose his temper with her. When he has upset her (you know, every minute of every day) we have often seen him try to talk to her about what's wrong. We've also seen Shannon pick fights over the most absurd shit and take every opportunity to be not only offended, but hysterically near tears offended. And she's done this with Heather too. Not that Heather hasn't been a little shit, but Shannon's original issue with Heather was the lunch when Heather sort of laughed at the idea of putting gems in your teeth and told Tamara not to have a baby out of boredom. Shannon took great offense to both of those comments and ever since then has jumped on any chance to be offended by Heather (not that Heather hadn't given her opportunity, I'm just saying). As likely as it is that David really is a jerk underneath it all, I think it's equally likely that once Shannon feels crossed over even the slightest thing she will nit-pick every other thing said person does until she creates her own self fulfilling prophecy of being picked on. I don't really trust anything she says at this point.

• Love 1

Oh, and Astro IS a dead ringer for baby Troy. 

This!  And speaking of dead, Tamra's storyline is is soooo desperate I am wondering if she's even going to be asked back next season.  Friend of the Housewives anyone?  Once Tamra's spot on the show disappears so does her marriage to Eddie.  I don't see that lasting either.

• Love 2

Can someone answer this diaper thing?  I thought diapers should be finished with by around age 3.  Oh man, that poor kid is gonna be in junior high & still wearing diapers.  Maybe Lizzie might fare better with Astro Troy.

• Love 1

I think Lizzie's hair would look great about six inches shorter and parted on the side, not down the middle.  She has angular features and prominent eyebrows, and that middle part just makes everything more severe.  A side part would soften her features and not be a drastic change to make.

What was so strange about this episode is that I suddenly wanted to go on vacation with Vicki, even if I had to stay on the couch (sans Michael, of course).  I could put up with Brooks, no problem, because having lived in the deep south most of my life, I know how those southern "charmer" dudes work.  They may not be my favorite, but for drinks and what appeared to be killer food (the guacamole alone would be worth it), I could hang for a weekend.  Eh, maybe it's my desire to go to a beach for the 4th talking.

• Love 3
(edited)

I would've preferred to see Tamra and Eddie join Vicki & co. on vacation.  Say what you will, Vicki and Tams on vacation is a good time.  Bring Lydia along, too.  Go to a bar, whoop it up.  I'd go anywhere with Vicki.  She's the type to take on a vacation.

Shannon is an unhappy person and thus will be unhappy everywhere, even on a trip to Mexico that she doesn't have to pay for.  She will find fault with anything and everything and there is no pleasing her.  I agree with someone upthread who stated that this marriage will end when David meets someone else.  Yep.  That dinner table scene was horrid and possibly the most awkward husband-wife exchange I've ever seen on these shows.  Who runs from the table to cry about her misunderstood yet healthy marriage, only to return and say "thanks for making me look like a bitch" to her husband while stunned dinner guests look on?  Total psycho.

Heather's personal chef served fries and steamed broccoli at both meals.  I laughed.  I realize he's catering to small kids but aren't Heather's precious angels "foodies"?  Didn't she say that in the last episode?  Someone on one of these RH shows did.   Also, I didn't realize that chicken breast with some cranberry relish spooned over it was some fantastical, orgasmic gourmet meal.  

Lizzy/Libby/Lizard Face Magee/Who Cares is so boring.  Yet another episode talking about a third kid. 

Get a storyline. 

Someone give her a storyline. 

Something.

I am, however, truly fascinated by the kids she already has.  They are not exactly thriving and she seems overwhelmed so yeah, let's be smart and add another kid to the mix so she/he can be neglected also.  Jesus.  This one is as dumb as she looks.  If more proof is needed, she worships at the altar of Dubrow--gag me.  Heather has unlimited resources to pay peasants to basically live her daily life for her while she films her two lines on crappy shows.  She's not struggling in any real way, probably never has a single day since she married a rich doctor.  Give me a break.

Edited by candy moocher
  • Love 5

Shannon rips him down in an attempt to make him feel like nobody else would want him because she is so insecure in his love. You guys are exactly right, she is creating the very thing she is afraid of. I hope she tries to treat him with respect. That's all men want. They are pretty easy.

It's funny, there are comments today that both Lizzie and Vicky look fat. Neither of them look fat. They are very normal sized women, thin even. The standard some people have is so unfair to women.

then the camera must be adding a good bit of weight.  IMO, Vicki has always had weight problems, and her choice of clothing has only served to accentuate them...JMHO

• Love 2

Vicki is the honorary Mayor of PV because she is somehow different from the thousands of other Americans with timeshares who vacation there every year?  Doesn't the self-aggrandizing idiot realize everyone puts on their happy-to-see-you faces for the Gringos and Gringas because that is their job?

I can't stand Brooks but I really empathized with him at the restaurant.  Good Lord, can we please eat before I pass out and do a face plant on the table?

Next week, Terry and Heather put together a highlight reel of her appearances on Good Day

L.A. and Hawaii 5-O.

Pretty soon, Lizzie's son will be texting her to say he crapped his diaper.

Tamra and Eddie are the new Gretchen and Slade.  Completely fabricated storyline, and a boring one at that.

Vicki is the honorary Mayor of PV because she is somehow different from the thousands of other Americans with timeshares who vacation there every year?  Doesn't the self-aggrandizing idiot realize everyone puts on their happy-to-see-you faces for the Gringos and Gringas because that is their job?

I can't stand Brooks but I really empathized with him at the restaurant.  Good Lord, can we please eat before I pass out and do a face plant on the table?

Next week, Terry and Heather put together a highlight reel of her appearances on Good Day

L.A. and Hawaii 5-O.

Pretty soon, Lizzie's son will be texting her to say he crapped his diaper.

Tamra and Eddie are the new Gretchen and Slade.  Completely fabricated storyline, and a boring one at that.

. Just had to let you know. That was pure poetry. First post!!!
  • Love 1

I cringe every time Vicki interacts with a Spanish speaking person, like that poor chef.  But I also secretly love it.

I couldn't help but laugh when Vicki established the cook couldn't speak English, then proceeded to continue talking to him in English.

Heather's personal chef served fries and steamed broccoli at both meals.  I laughed.  I realize he's catering to small kids but aren't Heather's precious angels "foodies"?  Didn't she say that in the last episode? 

Heather said it while her chef cooked that gourmet meal.

If more proof is needed, she worships at the altar of Dubrow--gag me.  Heather has unlimited resources to pay peasants to basically live her daily life for her while she films her two lines on crappy shows.  She's not struggling in any real way, probably never has a single day since she married a rich doctor.  Give me a break.

Agreed.  I think it's funny how she chooses the richest one of them all (well, maybe except for Shannon?) and panders to her about having it all.  How about getting with Vicki -- at least she actually grew a business.

Again, I would be willing to bet that Lizzie doesn't make a dime off her business. It's probably a money drain.  Her husband probably wants to get her pregnant so that maybe she's just too darn busy to sink more money into the sinkhole.  I mean, how many fucking swimwear lines are there?  She's not reinventing the wheel and the designs that she's shown are tacky and impractical for the most part.

• Love 1

Islandgal, I had the same "um, wtf?" reaction when Lizzie was waxing adulatory about how impressively Heather juggles it all. Heather doesn't work and literally has something like three people on staff. She's every bit as accomplished as Alexis Bellino, come to think of it! Like, pre-fashion line Alexis . . . I'm completely Team David, but Shannon's exaggerations regarding her confrontation are about per-cep-tion, remember? Oh, I guess that rationalization applies only when Heather peddles fictional accounts about people yelling at her across a crowded restaurant. And her contention that Shannon is misdirecting her aggression toward Heather and away from Tamra is ironic considering Heather lamented the double standard to which Tams and Vicki hold her when speaking to Shannon. She also continued that thread with her whining to her assistant. Why isn't she following her own advice and addressing these issues with her good friends? As for the matter of Vicki's accommodations, I think it was in bad form for her as hostess to install Michael on the sofa/designate his bedroom in a public space. What if any guests want to get up early, putter around in the kitchen or living room, etc? Michael will be asleep. Coupling that with the guests' awareness that Michael has been displaced from a private bedroom for their benefit, and it's an imposition of awkwardness and social discomfort. It's not like they're a passel of college friends piling in for spring break who thus don't care where they sleep. Shannon and David very diplomatically tried to navigate the situation, and it was kind of ill-mannered for Vicki to refuse to take the hint despite obviously picking up on it.

LOL, "ill-mannered" is Vicki's middle name.  

• Love 3

I will jump in on the whole boy/ diaper situation. My son turned 3 at the end of May. We have been trying to get him potty trained but he is stubborn. In general, boys are more difficult to train than girls. Some of my friends, had their boys trained in no time but other friends have told me their sons took awhile. Sometimes it is stubbornness, sometimes a complete lack of interest and it could be a sensory issue too. My pediatrician told me to use whatever bribery we can. We are now using candy and toys. I will be adding a sticker chart to the mix soon. It all depends. If her child is now 4  and still in diapers them there might be a medical issue or they are babying the boy too much. Between 3 and 4 is a good time to train a boy.

• Love 5

then the camera must be adding a good bit of weight.  IMO, Vicki has always had weight problems, and her choice of clothing has only served to accentuate them...JMHO

But that's my point, Vicky has never had a weight problem. She does not have a weight problem now. She is perfectly healthy and looks great. It is obvious she exercises. I don't know what you look like but, I do know what healthy looks like and Vicky looks perfectly healthy.

• Love 3

I just don't think we have seen enough of Lizzie's kids to say they aren't thriving. That's just such a harsh criticism to make about kids that we have seen for less than 10 minutes in highly edited footage. 

• Love 7

I think Sophia Lauren is incredibly beautiful and that pixie cut worked for her. It's not an easy look to pull off though.  

But even if Lizzie could pull it off, I think the chances of her actually ever doing something like that are slim to none.  I get the impression she LOVES her big pageant hair and tacky, too-tight clothing.  Its all part of her "sex kitten" image. 

In any case, I think she'd look fab with a wavy bob.  Something along the lines of:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/82/db/36/82db360d758c4e86fe748e66cb3e65a7.jpg

Or perhaps:

http://msglitzy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/vbwavybob.jpg

• Love 1
Eh. I can go either way on this. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that David has some hidden asshole behavior we haven't seen. On the other hand...Shannon would try the patience of Job. We've never really seen David loose his temper with her.

This is true, which makes me really curious about the domestic assault charges he had. I wonder if she was the one getting violent with him and it got so bad he had to do something to get her off of him or restrain her? And then HE got the blame? Who called the police in the first place? So many questions. There is definitely a history of issues there that we have barely scratched the surface of. 

Can someone answer this diaper thing?  I thought diapers should be finished with by around age 3.  Oh man, that poor kid is gonna be in junior high & still wearing diapers.  Maybe Lizzie might fare better with Astro Troy.

Every child is different. My oldest two were trained a few months after their second birthdays, no problem. My youngest is almost 3 and I have tried and tried and it's not going anywhere. Some kids have physical issues that may hamper potty training. I had a friend who's son had serious GI issues and chronic constipation and it made potty training incredibly hard. He was still having accidents at 5. If children have disorders like Autism or learning delays, that might also factor in. I try really hard not to judge a parent, because it's the easiest thing to do, while parenting itself is probably the hardest. I don't know their situation, so maybe there are some valid reasons he's not trained yet. 

Or it could just be that Lizzie is a lazy parent and spoils her children. From what we've seen of the older one, he's quite prone to fits. But from only seeing them a few minutes a week (if that) I don't want to make any assumptions. 

• Love 5

But that's my point, Vicky has never had a weight problem. She does not have a weight problem now. She is perfectly healthy and looks great. It is obvious she exercises. I don't know what you look like but, I do know what healthy looks like and Vicky looks perfectly healthy.

I don't know if Vicki has ever had a weight "problem", but haven't we heard her talk before about the fact that she has struggled with her weight from time to time? She seems to be working out this season, and she is drinking those protein shakes, which is often what folks who are trying to take weight off do. Yet IMO she seems to look heavier than she has in the past - much heavier. Perhaps it was the fact that she was filmed mostly in beach-type attire. She just does the most horrific job of dressing her body IMO. That strapless number she wore to dinner looked horrible on her. It made her look much bigger than she actually is. Same with the mumu type dress she was wearing when David and Shannon arrived.  I will never forget that nightmare of a white dress she wore to her Season Finale party last year. It made her look huge, and since she is not, it is just a shame. She seems to have some type of a fascination with her breasts. They are big and it seems that she thinks all she needs to do is show them as much as possible and she will look nice.  Huge fail on her part. 

IMO Vicks looks best with more tailored clothes that actually fit the size that she is.  She had a couple of times this season when she was wearing a simple button down white shirt with a slim black skirt and she looked fantastic. She didn't have her boobs swinging about, but smartly tucked in place which automatically made her look 10 lbs. lighter.  

Shannon makes me uncomfortable. She's like a raw exposed nerve waiting to be plucked. Maybe if you stop constantly picking at your husband you won't look like a bitch, which you did on your own. The beach, cigar shop and restaurant were all the same day, right? Because she can talk about David's drinking all she wants, but she had tequila on the beach, then a drink at the cigar shop, then drinks at dinner. Even Vicki didn't drink any alcohol at the cigar shop. Shannon's behaviour at dinner was straight up rude to the others, I guess that Cotillion stuff didn't work out for her. Both at the beach and the restaurant David was aware he may have made Shannon mad or feel hurt and he let her know that wasn't his intention. She, on the other hand, has no concern how she makes him feel, just how things affect her. Kind of reminds me of Heather.

Poor Brooks, after Shannon returned from the restroom, his "Can we order now?" sounded so desperate. And then he still had to wait for Shannon and David to finish their drama show outside before he could order his food.

• Love 2

Something dawned on me while I was struggling to get through this episode: I wonder if each housewife is paid a bonus if other housewives show up to their planned/hosted events? That's why they get so upset when others don't show (think Yolanda or Kim in RHOBH or Vicki convincing Shannon and David to stay) or go out of their way to accommodate people. If I was hosting Shannon and she wanted to get a hotel room: Bye bye. Also, do you remember back in the Bethenny/Jill days of RHONY, Jill allegedly tried to get people not to film with Bethenny? Why was this so offensive? Maybe because Bethenny wouldn't get paid if people didn't show to things she hosted.

This is true, which makes me really curious about the domestic assault charges he had. I wonder if she was the one getting violent with him and it got so bad he had to do something to get her off of him or restrain her? And then HE got the blame? Who called the police in the first place? So many questions. There is definitely a history of issues there that we have barely scratched the surface of. 

Every child is different. My oldest two were trained a few months after their second birthdays, no problem. My youngest is almost 3 and I have tried and tried and it's not going anywhere. Some kids have physical issues that may hamper potty training. I had a friend who's son had serious GI issues and chronic constipation and it made potty training incredibly hard. He was still having accidents at 5. If children have disorders like Autism or learning delays, that might also factor in. I try really hard not to judge a parent, because it's the easiest thing to do, while parenting itself is probably the hardest. I don't know their situation, so maybe there are some valid reasons he's not trained yet. 

Or it could just be that Lizzie is a lazy parent and spoils her children. From what we've seen of the older one, he's quite prone to fits. But from only seeing them a few minutes a week (if that) I don't want to make any assumptions. 

Looks like Lizzie is getting a baptism by fire regarding her son's lack of potty training.  People can be vicious but, hey, Lizzie, if you're gonna run with the "big dogs" and collect that big fat Bravo check and promote your personal business ventures, you can't tuck your tail between your legs and slink away.  

http://www.allabouttrh.com/lizzie-rovsek-slammed-three-year-old-still-wearing-diapers-lizzie-responds/

• Love 2
(edited)

ghoulina - I'm dying of curiosity over this issue as well.    I'm thinking Shannon has more of a capacity to derail than David does.   

I wanted to see more of the scene where Heather was beaten and killed.    Sue me.

Mu Shu - You've made my day full of sunshine, rainbows and unicorns. Pure gold.

Edited by jnymph
(edited)

Who runs from the table to cry about her misunderstood yet healthy marriage, only to return and say "thanks for making me look like a bitch" to her husband while stunned dinner guests look on?  Total psycho.

I am not really on the Shannon hate.  I have been there and something is definitely wrong in the marriage.  My theory is that David has been crappy to her, maybe he works too much, maybe he is not into her, whatever he's done he has made her unhappy with him and resentful.  So she wants to "prove" to everyone how awful he is, she wants everyone to see the side of him that she sees, this will make her feel right and justified.  It's awful and ugly but I think that is what she is doing. 

As for the comments at the table, Shannon is new this year, so she might think that she can get back to the table, be several feet away from the film crew and be able to shoot a comment like that at him quickly and quietly with it being unnoticed by the cameras.  She wil get savvy that you can't do that, they pick up everything.

Tamara - I totally fast forwarded.  Her storyline is idiotic.  The robot baby is dumb.  Her and Eddie pretend fighting over the pretend imbalance of parenting of their pretend baby?  Really that's what she's got going on?  Totally agree with whoever said this is right out of Gretchen and Slade's playbook. 

Lizzie - I really did not understand what her problem was.  She has two kids, has a work from home job/business, and what is the problem?  Is it that her husband does not respect her swim line and calls it a hobby?  It seems like it is a hobby to me.  Is it wanting another baby?  Go ahead then.  I see Lizzie as sort of like a Peggy/Alexis, they are just "regular" people.  Not wealthy or living any sort of "OC Lifestyle" like Vicki or Shannon.  Her house was so average subdivision.  I mean it's great, I wouldn't knock it for myself, but kind of boring for this show.  And did Lizzie bust out some religious faith mumbo jumbo?  Is she religious now?  I think the secret reveal is that she is already pregnant - she looked like she was pregnant already in that dress.

Edited by FamilyVan
  • Love 3