Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Making Woo-Hoo-Py!

• Start Topic

I think it's funny that Lizzie complained about some people thinking that they can design clothing without having an education in the field.

I can't imagine a design school that would accept her drawing of that bikini as adequate. I mean, that was the clothing design equivalent of a stick figure, right? Surely she can draw better than that. Right? Anyone here with a clothing design background?

• Love 3
(edited)

I am not really on the Shannon hate.  I have been there and something is definitely wrong in the marriage.  My theory is that David has been crappy to her, maybe he works too much, maybe he is not into her, whatever he's done he has made her unhappy with him and resentful.  So she wants to "prove" to everyone how awful he is, she wants everyone to see the side of him that she sees, this will make her feel right and justified.  It's awful and ugly but I think that is what she is doing. 

As for the comments at the table, Shannon is new this year, so she might think that she can get back to the table, be several feet away from the film crew and be able to shoot a comment like that at him quickly and quietly with it being unnoticed by the cameras.  She wil get savvy that you can't do that, they pick up everything.

I don't disagree that she has reasons to be resentful towards her husband.  But she doesn't exactly light up like a light towards everyone else.  I enjoy her, but she seems to have a disdain for many things and people.  She doesn't ever seem to want to do anything that looks like fun.  I think her idea of fun is something that is in the new age holistic crystal homoepathic variety.

As far as her coming back to the table, it wasn't so much that the cameras were on her but the fact she said it so loudly in front of guests.  She made everyone feel uncomfortable with her terse and tense responses.  

I've been ticked off at my husband for stuff but sometimes you have to put on a poker face and wait until the coast is clear before you start bringing out, "next time maybe you can not make me look like a bitch."  A comment that ironically made her look like a bitch.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 4
(edited)

Uh Shannon? If you don't want other people talking about your relationship because it "makes your head crazy", MAYBE you should try and SHUT THE FUCK UP  and quit talking about it  endlessly!! Holy shitballs, batman!! SHUT UP ALREADY!!! And PULEEZ, will you go to a doctor that can actually HELP you?? I'm thinking Physchiatrist. Pronto.

And seriously, Vicki and Brooks are a "normal couple"??? REALLY??

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 5

But that's my point, Vicky has never had a weight problem. She does not have a weight problem now. She is perfectly healthy and looks great. It is obvious she exercises. I don't know what you look like but, I do know what healthy looks like and Vicky looks perfectly healthy.

I look pretty good for my age which is 66, and some of it can be attributed to watching my weight.  To me...Vickie is quite heavy, and it looks to me as though she is wearing clothes that she thinks will camouflage that weight.

• Love 4

Something dawned on me while I was struggling to get through this episode: I wonder if each housewife is paid a bonus if other housewives show up to their planned/hosted events? That's why they get so upset when others don't show (think Yolanda or Kim in RHOBH or Vicki convincing Shannon and David to stay) or go out of their way to accommodate people. If I was hosting Shannon and she wanted to get a hotel room: Bye bye. Also, do you remember back in the Bethenny/Jill days of RHONY, Jill allegedly tried to get people not to film with Bethenny? Why was this so offensive? Maybe because Bethenny wouldn't get paid if people didn't show to things she hosted.

I've often wondered if there are sort of pay-for-play bonus structures in their contracts. Like if they make the final edit for so many episodes they get a bonus or if they go to so many planned events they get a bonus...

I am not really on the Shannon hate. I have been there and something is definitely wrong in the marriage. My theory is that David has been crappy to her, maybe he works too much, maybe he is not into her, whatever he's done he has made her unhappy with him and resentful. So she wants to "prove" to everyone how awful he is, she wants everyone to see the side of him that she sees, this will make her feel right and justified. It's awful and ugly but I think that is what she is doing.

As for the comments at the table, Shannon is new this year, so she might think that she can get back to the table, be several feet away from the film crew and be able to shoot a comment like that at him quickly and quietly with it being unnoticed by the cameras. She wil get savvy.

I agree that this is what Shannon is doing and that Shannon feels like David has committed great sins for which he must be punished. What I'm on the fence about is if those offenses are real or mostly just in her head or completely in her head. And I'm really on the fence about. It could easily be that David cheated or that he has become violent or mean in the past. But I think it could just as easily be that David made a joke about healing crystals or had to work on a few Saturdays. I also think it's possible that the sin is completely made up in her head like she imagined an affair with David's secretary that never happened. I don't know, but based on the behavior and her perception of her behavior that's been shown on the show I'm not willing to jump to many conclusions about David's behavior based on the fact the Shannon seems irrationally angry around him. She seems irrationally angry pretty often.

• Love 2
(edited)

Shannon must have ALOT of money (wealth that will not be shared with David in the event of a divorce) for David to put up with her. She basically hates him and it looks like even the thought of him touching her makes her skin crawl. I do believe he probably cheated on her but its something else too. She seems jealous of the attention he pays his own daughters! She constantly belittles him and he can do NOTHING right. Now, he probably is acting all nice and helpful for the cameras because that makes Shannon seem totally off the deep end crazy.  But at times he appears absolutely bewildered at what he did wrong. Funny (actually sad and pathetic) that earlier in the season Shannon was chastising David for his poor manners (talking while he was chewing or something) and even had the kids ganging up on him. While she bragged she grew up in cattilion so she actually had manners. However, at the dinner at the Mexican restaurant, Shannon was rude to EVERYONE there. Poor Brooks just wanted to eat, Vicki was the hostess and her brother Billy and his gal gave up their room for Shannon and what does she do? Cause all kinds of teenage drama at the table, make everyone uncomfortable and then return to hiss at David that he shouldn't make her look like a bitch. OMG. How those poor people did not just get up and leave, I will never understand. How RUDE of her.

Reminds me so much of Kelsey Grammar and his wife (at the time) Camille of RHOBH. Kelsey was on his way out, had a mistress and yet Camille came off as the biggest bitch and everyone was practically patting Kelsey on the back for leaving her. I think David would have a lot of sympathy if he were to ditch his wife.

Edited by kira28
  • Love 3

Looks like Lizzie is getting a baptism by fire regarding her son's lack of potty training.  People can be vicious but, hey, Lizzie, if you're gonna run with the "big dogs" and collect that big fat Bravo check and promote your personal business ventures, you can't tuck your tail between your legs and slink away.  

Brandi trashes her children on air and in print and lets everyone know that one is a bedwetter.  Here's Lizzie letting everyone know that the 4 yr old craps his pants all the way up his back.  Good job.  The disclosure wasn't done in an instructional or informational way but more in a sensational way.  So guess what Lizzie, people are gonna get on you for it.  Sucks to be you.

Shannon is like an exposed nerve.  I feel bad for her but she is willingly putting herself and her marriage and family on TV.   David is no more of an innocent than Donn was or Mario (RHoNY) is.  His arrest for DV wasn't a he said she said incident.  Shannon tried to drop the charges.  The injuries were significant enough that the DA went through with it despite her pleas.  Suggesting that Shannon brought in on herself... let's not venture into that territory.

Vicki's weight is fine.  She's a bit thick in the middle and except for business attire, dresses poorly.  Wonder how many people would be surprised what they looked like on HDTV?  It ain't pretty ladies, it shows flaws you didn't even know you had.

• Love 5

Brandi trashes her children on air and in print and lets everyone know that one is a bedwetter.  Here's Lizzie letting everyone know that the 4 yr old craps his pants all the way up his back.  Good job.  The disclosure wasn't done in an instructional or informational way but more in a sensational way.  So guess what Lizzie, people are gonna get on you for it.  Sucks to be you.

Shannon is like an exposed nerve.  I feel bad for her but she is willingly putting herself and her marriage and family on TV.   David is no more of an innocent than Donn was or Mario (RHoNY) is.  His arrest for DV wasn't a he said she said incident.  Shannon tried to drop the charges.  The injuries were significant enough that the DA went through with it despite her pleas.  Suggesting that Shannon brought in on herself... let's not venture into that territory.

Vicki's weight is fine.  She's a bit thick in the middle and except for business attire, dresses poorly.  Wonder how many people would be surprised what they looked like on HDTV?  It ain't pretty ladies, it shows flaws you didn't even know you had.

Absolutely agree, Lola16.

Anyone should know that when they sign on for that Bravo paycheck, they need to be able to take the heat or get out of the Bravo kitchen.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Brandi trashes her children on air and in print and lets everyone know that one is a bedwetter. Here's Lizzie letting everyone know that the 4 yr old craps his pants all the way up his back. Good job. The disclosure wasn't done in an instructional or informational way but more in a sensational way. So guess what Lizzie, people are gonna get on you for it. Sucks to be you.

Shannon is like an exposed nerve. I feel bad for her but she is willingly putting herself and her marriage and family on TV. David is no more of an innocent than Donn was or Mario (RHoNY) is. His arrest for DV wasn't a he said she said incident. Shannon tried to drop the charges. The injuries were significant enough that the DA went through with it despite her pleas. Suggesting that Shannon brought in on herself... let's not venture into that territory.

Vicki's weight is fine. She's a bit thick in the middle and except for business attire, dresses poorly. Wonder how many people would be surprised what they looked like on HDTV? It ain't pretty ladies, it shows flaws you didn't even know you had.

I'm really not trying to say Shannon brought it on herself, but the report I read said he was found not guilty and all charges were dismissed. I know that happens even when people are guilty, but it doesn't prove guilt either. I'm just saying that I don't know what the story is between them but I can imagine several different scenarios. Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm really not trying to say Shannon brought it on herself, but the report I read said he was found not guilty and all charges were dismissed. I know that happens even when people are guilty, but it doesn't prove guilt either. I'm just saying that I don't know what the story is between them but I can imagine several different scenarios.

I'm going to reply in the Shannon thread so as to not derail the episode conversation.

Edited by Lola16
  • Love 1

To me...Vickie is quite heavy, and it looks to me as though she is wearing clothes that she thinks will camouflage that weight.

There is no way Vicki is more than a size 10.  She has a large chest and an average, curvy body. YES, compared to miniscule women like Heather and Shannon (size 0 if not 00!) she looks bigger. But she is not heavy.  If anything, I think she's making terrible fashion choices that make her look bigger than she actually is.

No, she's not thin. But this is not the body of somebody who is "quite heavy."

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2014/news/140428/rhoc-768.jpg

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/491002289-shannon-beador-and-vicki-gunvalson-attend-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXgqzZcCaGaJRn9YQSd0oQxyUfnlmKRUtmOgFgN0hvGev0uJzzb6cNopYZEwiuhMUDg%3D%3D

• Love 9

So Tamra told Heather about Shannon's marriage & denied it to Shannon. Then when she was busted she admits it, but she leaves out that she told Vicki too. Tamra is worse than a teenage girl. She really is not a friend to anyone.

I still don't get why Shannon is mad at Heather. 1st Shannon is the one that went on tv & blabbed about her marriage. So saying it will hurt her kids, is her own fault. #2 Tamra is the one that told Heather, who she knew Shannon didn't like about the marriage. So be mad at Tamra not Heather. #3 Heather was repeating what Tamra told her to what she thought was close friends. Many or most women talk with their close friends about other people, especially people that they don't care for #4 Shannon went in on Heather at her party & butted in when the Good Day LA  issue was between Heather & Tamra, so why would she expect Heather to not talk about her or to owe her anything? #5 Heather didn't want to say Tamra told her because she had just made up with Tamra & was trying to be a loyal friend #6 Shannon's retelling of the story was not correct. Heather did not say "get out of my house". She told her she had enough & to please leave. She left out how many times Heather said she was done & how Shannon kept going at it. #7 I feel for Shannon at times. I like her then I don't. Her talking head interviews always make me feel for her but then she treats her husband wrong & it makes me not like her. She complains that he doesn't show her affection but every time she tries to kiss or hug her she cringes & makes a face. Or what about when she said "I need more to drink" before she could kiss him?

There is nothing worse than being with a couple that is arguing or causing tension. It ruins everyone's good time. I feel bad for Vicki & Brooks, they want to let lose & relax but Shannon made is super awkward. 

I'm not really a fan of anyone anymore on this franchise. I miss the days of Jeanna & when they used to have fun. Now, the root of most of the problems is Tamra. I'm over the fake baby too. If Eddie didn't want a kid why would he care about a doll? Tamra is really stretching for a story. Stretching about as far as she's stretched her eyes. They look terrible.

• Love 4

Ok Ok...I give up,LOL

There is no way Vicki is more than a size 10.  She has a large chest and an average, curvy body. YES, compared to miniscule women like Heather and Shannon (size 0 if not 00!) she looks bigger. But she is not heavy.  If anything, I think she's making terrible fashion choices that make her look bigger than she actually is.

No, she's not thin. But this is not the body of somebody who is "quite heavy."

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2014/news/140428/rhoc-768.jpg

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/491002289-shannon-beador-and-vicki-gunvalson-attend-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXgqzZcCaGaJRn9YQSd0oQxyUfnlmKRUtmOgFgN0hvGev0uJzzb6cNopYZEwiuhMUDg%3D%3D

OK Ok....I give up,LOL

I'm not really a fan of anyone anymore on this franchise. I miss the days of Jeanna & when they used to have fun. Now, the root of most of the problems is Tamra. I'm over the fake baby too. If Eddie didn't want a kid why would he care about a doll? Tamra is really stretching for a story. Stretching about as far as she's stretched her eyes. They look terrible.

I co-sign this.  I miss the trips to Lake Havascrew and everybody partying at Vicki and Donn's house there.  I even loved the first season reunion which was in a backyard and the season finale was a barbecue at Vicki or Jeana's place.

Those were the days...  

• Love 2

I co-sign this.  I miss the trips to Lake Havascrew and everybody partying at Vicki and Donn's house there.  I even loved the first season reunion which was in a backyard and the season finale was a barbecue at Vicki or Jeana's place.

Those were the days...  

I agree. That was when I could not miss the show & looked forward to it. Now it can sit on my DVR for days & I find myself hitting the FF button. I watch because I've invested time & hope things will get better. It's like they all figured out what will get them air time & everything is premeditated. I liked it when it was just drinks & a good time. I'll even take back the Gretchen "naked wasted" days.

• Love 1

Add me to the list of those who thinks Vicky actually has a nice body, but dresses terribly.  She's tall, got a great rack, nice legs, nice arms.  And she's up there in years.  

On TWOP people would criticize Lisa Vanderpump's figure and I couldn't get over it. Both ladies are pushing 60 and have incredible bodies!

• Love 3

I think it's funny that Lizzie complained about some people thinking that they can design clothing without having an education in the field.

I can't imagine a design school that would accept her drawing of that bikini as adequate. I mean, that was the clothing design equivalent of a stick figure, right? Surely she can draw better than that. Right? Anyone here with a clothing design background?

I'm so glad to see that this is being addressed. I do not have a background in clothing design; however, I was confused as to whether those drawings were done by the aging toddler with do do in his pants or his nitwit mother.

• Love 5

Add me to the list of those who thinks Vicky actually has a nice body, but dresses terribly.  She's tall, got a great rack, nice legs, nice arms.  And she's up there in years.  

On TWOP people would criticize Lisa Vanderpump's figure and I couldn't get over it. Both ladies are pushing 60 and have incredible bodies!

Both of them don't have implants either. I think Lisa is gorgeous. I agree, Vicki's body is not as bad as everyone says. She doesn't have the best fashion sense but she's a tall, curvy lady. I would take her physique over Heather's who looks like all bones or Laurie's who was so thin, flat but but had huge implants. I never found Laurie to be very pretty, someone mannish in the face but guys liked her.

• Love 2
(edited)

Guys let's shelve the body snark. Surely their crazy behavior is more entertaining to talk about than their weight or lack there of.

Yup. I mean there are so many things to snark about with looks too before we get to calling people overweight without knowing how much they weigh. Let's stick with important stuff like bad hair and clothes and nails!

Plus I'm not going to concern troll any of these bitches. I'm not concerned. They're my entertainment. Dance monkeys, dance!

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 4

Crooks was in rare form in Mexico. With so many 'ugly Americans' out there, it was really nice to see that he tried to respect the culture by speaking the language.

David: "I'll have a tequila, please."

Crooks, replying drunkenly: "Douche!"

Bwah! Yes, you are, Crooks; yes you are. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Vicki is only 52! As someone who turns 52 in August, I beg you, pretty please, to not qualify 52 as "pushing 60." I had to check on Vanderpump, too. She's 53.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 1
(edited)

I actually felt bad for Brooks. Poor guy. All he and David wanted was to eat delicious Mexican food! And who wouldn't? Enchiladas are wonderful! And that gaucamole? Shut the front door!

I have to say as annoying Vicky is, the girl plans my type of vacation. A nice beach side condo, plenty of food and drinks, a stroll into town for shopping and coffee. That's a nice vacation! How on earth did Shannon manage to piss all over it? If she didn't want to talk about her marriage all she had to do was enjoy herself and not talk about how much she hates David, and cigars, and small beds, and fish...

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 3

Both of them don't have implants either. I think Lisa is gorgeous. I agree, Vicki's body is not as bad as everyone says. She doesn't have the best fashion sense but she's a tall, curvy lady. I would take her physique over Heather's who looks like all bones or Laurie's who was so thin, flat but but had huge implants. I never found Laurie to be very pretty, someone mannish in the face but guys liked her.

Vicki has implants.  She copped to them previously.

I actually felt bad for Brooks. Poor guy. All he and David wanted was to eat delicious Mexican food! And who wouldn't? Enchiladas are wonderful! And that gaucamole? Shut the front door!

I have to say as annoying Vicky is, the girl plans my type of vacation. A nice beach side condo, plenty of food and drinks, a stroll into town for shopping and coffee. That's a nice vacation! How on earth did Shannon manage to piss all over it? If she didn't want to talk about her marriage all she had to do was enjoy herself and not talk about how much she hates David, and cigars, and small beds, and fish...

All Brooks ever does is want to eat & drink.  That said, I can't blame him. 

Maybe some valium would do Shannon good.  I know it would help me be around her.

I love how Michael likes to claim he didn't want to be on TV but he pops up a lot.  And he likes to get paid by Vicki, and use her timeshare.  I'm glad he rarely speaks.

Wasn't it just last season that Heather was struggling "having it all"? I seem to recall her arguing with Terry about him not holding down the fort while she worked.

Oh. What's that you say? That story line was bullshit?

• Love 1

Mention of the past seasons makes me miss the season ending parties.  My fav season ending party was season 4's finale when some of the past housewives came to Vicki's get together with their families.  You had Tammy K, Lauri, Jo, and even Kimberly come back for that season ending party with little to no fighting going on.  Before rewatching the old seasons, I used to think that Tamra and Gretchen affected the franchise, but they were both were on during good seasons.

For me, I think Jeana's departure at the start of season 5 was the beginning of the down-fall of the franchise.  I heard that the naked wasted episode could have been worse but that Jeana stepped in and prevented production from making it worse.  Based on what I saw, I shudder to think how much worse Naked Wasted could have been.

With that said, I do like that we are seeing the individual housewife scenes with their families.  I do think having the show film during the holidays was to showcase organic parties as seen by Danielle and Shannon's parties.

that pic was from a while ago.....I'd say she's added some weight

Well they were both taken from this season. Feel free to find and post a more recent one to prove your point.

• Love 1

One more  thought about Bedgate   Vicki is at heart a middle class woman from the Midwest with a practical streak.   I'd wager that those Havasu and Mexican vacations usually included a full house,  and her guests were more than happy to squeeze into a "tiny" double bed.   The point wasn't a luxury vacation, but a good time.   Also,  Uncle Billy likely has an interest in the condo, and thus a dedicated room in it.  Who the hell expects their hosts to give up their usual rooms?   Also,  first come, first serve.   Why should Billy get the worst room when he got there first?    Crap, I was once invited to spend a weekend in Islamorada, and my accommodation was a blow up bed on the screened in porch.   I had a good time.

Vicki was trying to show Shannon a good time on her terms, which were more than adequate and generous.   Shannon can pound sand. 

• Love 4

I will jump in on the whole boy/ diaper situation. My son turned 3 at the end of May. We have been trying to get him potty trained but he is stubborn. In general, boys are more difficult to train than girls. Some of my friends, had their boys trained in no time but other friends have told me their sons took awhile. Sometimes it is stubbornness, sometimes a complete lack of interest and it could be a sensory issue too. My pediatrician told me to use whatever bribery we can. We are now using candy and toys. I will be adding a sticker chart to the mix soon. It all depends. If her child is now 4  and still in diapers them there might be a medical issue or they are babying the boy too much. Between 3 and 4 is a good time to train a boy.

My youngest son was almost 4 also before he was potty trained. I used to put him in underwear and then a pullup so he'd get the sensation of being wet, but not getting his clothes wet. That worked for me. My oldest (also a boy) was over 3 also. But once they were trained, they were trained, and neither one of them ever wet the bed at night.When they're ready, it will happen very easily and will be less frustration for the both of you! They're 18 and 21 now, so they will eventually be trained! haha

There's not much to say that hasn't been said already about Shannon, but there is one thing that bugs me. She obviously has veneers on her top teeth and they are WAY whiter than her bottom teeth. For as much money as she has, at least have your teeth color match!

Vicki's hair looks better shorter (the style in her talking heads).

Vicki is only 52! As someone who turns 52 in August, I beg you, pretty please, to not qualify 52 as "pushing 60." I had to check on Vanderpump, too. She's 53.

My apologies!  For some reason I thought they were a bit older!  I don't think they look it but I just thought they were older!  But at 52, they look better than many 30 year-olds

• Love 1

In Lizzie's defense, they were better than Sheree's drawings, which appearsed to have been made using fashion plates.

(edited)

In Lizzie's defense, they were better than Sheree's drawings, which appearsed to have been made using fashion plates.

Another thing that struck me, besides the basic atrociousness of the drawings themselves, were her "designs."  

There was really nothing original about those designs at all.  I've seen a lot of sites offering up pretty much identical swimwear selections.  I would think she'd be striving for something at least a little bit unique to put on the market rather than rehashing styles that are already available.

So now we have Lily from SOS, Gretchen previously of RHOC, and Lizzie all promoting swimwear lines.  In a pretty saturated market.

Good luck with that, ladies.  

Edited by Persnickety1
(edited)

Another thing that struck me, besides the basic atrociousness of the drawings themselves, were her "designs."

There was really nothing original about those designs at all. I've seen a lot of sites offering up pretty much identical swimwear selections. I would think she'd be striving for something at least a little bit unique to put on the market rather than rehashing styles that are already available.

So now we have Lily from SOS, Gretchen previously of RHOC, and Lizzie all promoting swimwear lines. In a pretty saturated market.

Good luck with that, ladies.

Why is there so many reality show people doing bathing suits?

I agree her designs look like everything else out there. But really,How many different ways can you really do a swimwear line?

I think it's all been covered.

What does Lizzie's husband do for a living, did they ever mention it?

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1

Well they were both taken from this season. Feel free to find and post a more recent one to prove your point.

I really don't care to pursue this issue any further.....it is becoming absolutely ridiculous.  Just drop it.  It is MY OPINION....the WAY I see it.  If you do not agree, then that is your prerogative.

• Love 2
(edited)

imjagain, Lizzie's swimwear is available at one online store and six retail stores (one of them in the Dominican Republic).  As others have said, it probably isn't much more than a hobby for her..

http://www.sunkittenswimwear.com/wheretobuy.html

Her husband appears to have a business that repairs damage to buildings caused by fires, floods, etc.  There are other references to him possibly being in the mortgage business and also investing in real estate.  I don't know if those are current or past pursuits.

http://callservicefirst.com

Edited by Bella Roche
(edited)

I look pretty good for my age which is 66, and some of it can be attributed to watching my weight.  To me...Vickie is quite heavy, and it looks to me as though she is wearing clothes that she thinks will camouflage that weight.

Not to annoy anyone, but I agree with you, Tulip. Vicki seems like she's dressing for her hot self maybe twenty/ thirty years ago. You know, like women who never change their hairstyle from when they were prom queen back in high school because they looked so good then and it worked for them. She's clearly gained some weight (no, she's not obese but she's no skinny-mini either; she's relatively average). She strikes me as an obviously massively insecure woman (I know, duh) still smarting from her second divorce, who has bought into the 80's (?) hot look and has stuck with it. And you know Brooks reinforces it by telling her she's his woman.

Add in the fried, bleached hair and you have a look...

Denial ain't just a river.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 1
(edited)

Not to annoy anyone, but I agree with you, Tulip. Vicki seems like she's dressing for her hot self maybe twenty/ thirty years ago. You know, like women who never change their hairstyle from when they were prom queen back in high school because they looked so good then and it worked for them. She's clearly gained some weight (no, she's not obese but she's no skinny-mini either; she's relatively average). She strikes me as an obviously massively insecure woman (I know, duh) still smarting from her second divorce, who has bought into the 80's (?) hot look and has stuck with it. And you know Brooks reinforces it by telling her she's his woman.

Add in the fried, bleached hair and you have a look...

Denial ain't just a river.

Thank you, Beden....and I agree with your post.....IMO, Vicki needs to do a whole lot of maturing; hard to believe how old this woman, and is still acting the way she does.  Don't worry about annoying anyone; we all have a right to our opinions.

Edited by tulip555
  • Love 2
(edited)

Icki was wearing a  strapless, Ed Hardy (!!!!) tube dress when she was first shown in Puerto Vallarta with Crooks.  And then there was the strapless dress at that doomed dinner.  Neither fit her and yes, both dresses would optimally be on a different, probably thinner and more toned, body.  (I don't wear bikinis because I'm not about wearing things that I don't think work with what I've got.)  Vicki consistently looks like an unhot, hot mess, and I think the same about her 'business woman' wear - everything is always 1 if not 2 sizes too small, with some blouses having cutouts over her heavy, fake cleavage.  It's 'business woman' as seen in a porn.  All of this is accentuated by racconish eyeliner, the awful Lisa Vanderpump-style fake eyelashes, the leathery skin and bleached-out hair.  Dreadful. 

I don't think it's kosher to post anything suggestive about how a poster looks or doesn't, weight-wise or otherwie.  I don't think it's out of bounds, personally, to comment on any element of Vicki's appearance: her surgery was a plot line for a couple of seasons, she's proud of her fake rack and has bragged about it, she's talked about having lipo, she has an occasional bra allergy but much love of having her tits out in filmy halter tops, and she and evil Tamra called Jeana fat on camera (at the races where they tried to ice out Gretchen) which is pretty fucking rich when she was talked often about wanting to lose weight, get in shape, whatever. 

For all of the money spent, I think she could look a lot better.  If only she'd invested in a darker blonde, makeup lessons, a personal trainer and a shrink.  But I'm not concern trolling her, and every scene in which she looks a mess (which is every scene she's in to me) is like Christmas in July.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 2

Icki was wearing a  strapless, Ed Hardy (!!!!) tube dress when she was first shown in Puerto Vallarta with Crooks.  And then there was the strapless dress at that doomed dinner.  Neither fit her and yes, both dresses would optimally be on a different, probably thinner and more toned, body.  (I don't wear bikinis because I'm not about wearing things that I don't think work with what I've got.)  Vicki consistently looks like an unhot, hot mess, and I think the same about her 'business woman' wear - everything is always 1 if not 2 sizes too small, with some blouses having cutouts over her heavy, fake cleavage.  It's 'business woman' as seen in a porn.  All of this is accentuated by racconish eyeliner, the awful Lisa Vanderpump-style fake eyelashes, the leathery skin and bleached-out hair.  Dreadful. 

I don't think it's kosher to post anything suggestive about how a poster looks or doesn't, weight-wise or otherwie.  I don't think it's out of bounds, personally, to comment on any element of Vicki's appearance: her surgery was a plot line for a couple of seasons, she's proud of her fake rack and has bragged about it, she's talked about having lipo, she has an occasional bra allergy but much love of having her tits out in filmy halter tops, and she and evil Tamra called Jeana fat on camera (at the races where they tried to ice out Gretchen) which is pretty fucking rich when she was talked often about wanting to lose weight, get in shape, whatever. 

For all of the money spent, I think she could look a lot better.  If only she'd invested in a darker blonde, makeup lessons, a personal trainer and a shrink.  But I'm not concern trolling her, and every scene in which she looks a mess (which is every scene she's in to me) is like Christmas in July.

Absolutely agree

For me, I think Jeana's departure at the start of season 5 was the beginning of the down-fall of the franchise. 

The introduction of Tamara does not bother me becuase I feel as though she always fit in.  But the departure of Jeana and the addition of Gretchen to me was when the show changed.  I liked it much better pre-Gretchen.  Also with the loss of the kids, either from growing up in Vicki's case, to not being allowed to film in Tamaras case, the theme changed from being about their real lives to the fake drama HW fighting. 

With that said, I do like that we are seeing the individual housewife scenes with their families.  I do think having the show film during the holidays was to showcase organic parties as seen by Danielle and Shannon's parties.

Was the ugly sweater party Danielle's party?  I don't understand why she was not included as a HW.  What happened there?  Obviously I know nothing about her but I would way rather have her on the show and learn more about her than see more of Lizzie.

• Love 1

The introduction of Tamara does not bother me becuase I feel as though she always fit in.  But the departure of Jeana and the addition of Gretchen to me was when the show changed.  I liked it much better pre-Gretchen.  Also with the loss of the kids, either from growing up in Vicki's case, to not being allowed to film in Tamaras case, the theme changed from being about their real lives to the fake drama HW fighting. 

Was the ugly sweater party Danielle's party?  I don't understand why she was not included as a HW.  What happened there?  Obviously I know nothing about her but I would way rather have her on the show and learn more about her than see more of Lizzie.

I agree,  They should have dumped Tamra when she lost the right to film with her children.  The robot baby is an atrocious story.  Jeana was a loss and I thought they should have brought her back.  Wasn't it Tamra who couldn't tolerate Jeana because she talked about her much publicized divorce?  Seems Tamra has no problems making up someone's divorce.  I will hand it to Vicki we have seen her children through graduations, marriage and childbearing.  I like the way Vicki owns being a grandma not a "glamma".  After nine years we have seen her go through a lot of life's changes.

I can only imagine Danielle is even more boring than Lizzie.  Lizzie seems to be amping up to take Tamra down to which will create sympathy for Tamra.  I think Danielle and Lizzie continue to be friends.

Sometimes I think production and Cohen should listen to the viewers and who they find interesting.  I get the impression there are a bunch of 20 and 30 somethings sitting around coming up with the best the HWs have to offer.  Dirty diapers isn't on my list of must see TV.   

I agree,  They should have dumped Tamra when she lost the right to film with her children.  The robot baby is an atrocious story.  Jeana was a loss and I thought they should have brought her back.  Wasn't it Tamra who couldn't tolerate Jeana because she talked about her much publicized divorce?  Seems Tamra has no problems making up someone's divorce.  I will hand it to Vicki we have seen her children through graduations, marriage and childbearing.  I like the way Vicki owns being a grandma not a "glamma".  After nine years we have seen her go through a lot of life's changes.

I don't remember what she wanted to be called, but is was not "grandma". She was clear last year that she had to be called something different because she was not ready to be a grandma.

I think Lisa is beautiful. But she still looks 50-ish to me. A gorgeous 50-ish but nevertheless.....in her 50's. Vicki looks like she's in her late 40's or early 50's but a decent looking 49-50. But that's just MOO. If Vicki would dress differently with clothes that looked good on her body, I think it would make a big difference. Lisa dresses appropriately for her age (classy, sexy) where Vicki just doesn't seem to know how to be mature and sexy at the same time.

And oh jesus.... the whole Shannon and her husband thing. I  wish i knew what was going on with them. He seems like a nice guy who works hard for his money and he has to come home to deal with Shannon who is so insecure in her relationship and so demanding of him. She can't even let loose in MEXICO for god's sake

I think Danielle was too boring.  She's been on 4 episodes that I can remember and she only spoke in 3 of them. 

I prefer Shannon's fashions over Heather's.  Strapless dresses aren't many women's best friend.  I think Lydia probably could pull that casual summer strapless dress the best.  I just appreciate it when the pink parts (thanks Vicki) are covered.

There was really nothing original about those designs at all.  I've seen a lot of sites offering up pretty much identical swimwear selections.  I would think she'd be striving for something at least a little bit unique to put on the market rather than rehashing styles that are already available.

Perhaps Lizzie should follow Heather's advice and design 1920's style swimsuits?