Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Making Woo-Hoo-Py!

• Start Topic

(edited)

imjagain, Lizzie's swimwear is available at one online store and six retail stores (one of them in the Dominican Republic). As others have said, it probably isn't much more than a hobby for her..

http://www.sunkittenswimwear.com/wheretobuy.html

Her husband appears to have a business that repairs damage to buildings caused by fires, floods, etc. There are other references to him possibly being in the mortgage business and also investing in real estate. I don't know if those are current or past pursuits.

http://callservicefirst.com

Thanks Bella Roche.

I'm glad he has a real job. I didn't know if he was another Slade. And the way Lizzy talks about her swimwear, I didn't know if she was was supporting her family with bathing suits ;)

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1

I find the black nail polish on all the ladies so distracting.   No offense to the black nail polish wearers out there, but I really wish this trend would go away, especially for middle aged "housewives."

• Love 3
But why pretend it's something that it is not?  It's like borrowing a Rolls Royce for a week and pretending it's yours

Or a fur coat...

Or a canary diamond ring from the Bravo prop closet...

....but  Vicki has never indicated she is familiar with proper etiquette.

I take it you haven't read "No Scratchy the Woody: Vicky Gunvalson's Guide to Comportment"?

Is it wrong that I only keep watching this show in hopes that one day the tide will finally turn and everyone will gang up on Tamra?

• Love 2
(edited)

Should the Honorary Mayor of Puerto Vallarta be saying things like "No scratchy the woody?"  It seems counter-productive to winning the hearts and minds of the residents who love her so.

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 3

Shannon is a basketcase, but I do like her.  She and David appear to have almost a dissociate quality to them, but I'm not sure where it stems from.  She was totally out of line about the room in Vicki's condo.  That is so incredibly rude to someone who has asked you to be their guest.  The only thing I might have done if I were Vicki is offer my guests the master suite that's bigger.  That's still no excuse for how tacky they made themselves look, though.  While I'm probably the farthest from those who believe a woman's duty is to have dinner on the table at 5 for her husband - what does Shannon DO all day?  If you know your husband likes to eat when he gets home, make the guy dinner! 

Has anyone taken a look at the new installment of "before they were housewives?"  If not, here ya go: http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-9/photos/before-they-were-housewives-oc-edition#image-197391

There's a picture of Tamra watching what looks like her father blow out the candles on a bachelor-party style cake of a woman with huge boobs.  Yeah, that's appropriate.  She really shows her trailer park roots in this pic - everything from the croc pot on the table to her Parker Posey in Waiting for Guffman Walmart denim jumper and white pumps. 

• Love 4

Shannon is a basketcase, but I do like her. She and David appear to have almost a dissociate quality to them, but I'm not sure where it stems from. She was totally out of line about the room in Vicki's condo. That is so incredibly rude to someone who has asked you to be their guest. The only thing I might have done if I were Vicki is offer my guests the master suite that's bigger. That's still no excuse for how tacky they made themselves look, though. While I'm probably the farthest from those who believe a woman's duty is to have dinner on the table at 5 for her husband - what does Shannon DO all day? If you know your husband likes to eat when he gets home, make the guy dinner!

Has anyone taken a look at the new installment of "before they were housewives?" If not, here ya go: http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-9/photos/before-they-were-housewives-oc-edition#image-197391

There's a picture of Tamra watching what looks like her father blow out the candles on a bachelor-party style cake of a woman with huge boobs. Yeah, that's appropriate. She really shows her trailer park roots in this pic - everything from the croc pot on the table to her Parker Posey in Waiting for Guffman Walmart denim jumper and white pumps.

Vicki did but David and Shannon refused to take her room. Then they switched with Billy the next day. I dunno. It almost felt like Shannon wasn't done being upset yet and had to milk at least 24 hours of misery out of the small room until she was ready to move on to a solution.

• Love 1

Vicki has implants.  She copped to them previously.

All Brooks ever does is want to eat & drink.  That said, I can't blame him. 

Maybe some valium would do Shannon good.  I know it would help me be around her.

I love how Michael likes to claim he didn't want to be on TV but he pops up a lot.  And he likes to get paid by Vicki, and use her timeshare.  I'm glad he rarely speaks.

I thought Vicki said she had a breast reduction. I never heard her say she had implants. When & where was this so I can look it up?

I find the black nail polish on all the ladies so distracting.   No offense to the black nail polish wearers out there, but I really wish this trend would go away, especially for middle aged "housewives."

Makes them look like dead people.

I actually felt bad for Brooks. Poor guy. All he and David wanted was to eat delicious Mexican food! And who wouldn't? Enchiladas are wonderful! And that gaucamole? Shut the front door!

I have to say as annoying Vicky is, the girl plans my type of vacation. A nice beach side condo, plenty of food and drinks, a stroll into town for shopping and coffee. That's a nice vacation! How on earth did Shannon manage to piss all over it? If she didn't want to talk about her marriage all she had to do was enjoy herself and not talk about how much she hates David, and cigars, and small beds, and fish...

Yep, that is my kind of vacation too.

Lol I almost felt bad for Brooks,he wanted to order so bad. And got shot down a few times.

I couldn't believe Shannon said that to David when she returned with Vicki. That was the behaviour of a teenager fighting with her boyfriend or a very immature 20 something. Way to make everyone uncomfortable, Shannon.

(edited)

There's a picture of Tamra watching what looks like her father blow out the candles on a bachelor-party style cake of a woman with huge boobs.  Yeah, that's appropriate.  She really shows her trailer park roots in this pic - everything from the croc pot on the table to her Parker Posey in Waiting for Guffman Walmart denim jumper and white pumps. 

Bwah! TamRAH never disappoints---in all her white trash glory.

A++ for WfG reference!

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 1
(edited)

Im Cali born and SoCali raised...and i have the same philosophy about vacations as Shannon. If Im leaving my comforable home...I want to relocate to fantasy-esque accomodations for my vacation.

I confess I havent made the 4 hour trip to visit my parents in over a year because when i do visit, i have to sleep on the couch or futon. My time spent not at work is very valuable to me...and im not inclined to spend them uncomfortable. *shrug* Vicky should have given Shannon and David a gracious pass to find alternate accomodations.

Edited by MichelEliz
  • Love 2

I didn't notice disordered behavior from Heather in old seasons, but I don't pay as much attention to OC as I do BH and ATL. And I'm not that observant. But I agree with persnickety that she's a lot lighter now and she was never fat to begin with. Her cheekbones look much sharper and the cheek area underneath hollow. Plus she's had Botox and/or a facelift that have given her a hint of that gelfling from The Dark Crystal look that too thin, too enhanced celebs seem to develop. I also noticed her thighs were smaller than her arms when she did the good day LA segment.

I don't want to talk about the Vicki: Fat or Thin debate, but since this is a weight related discussion I did want to add that Shannon is the latest to use "you look so skinny!" to compliment someone who is underweight for what is natural for them. I don't think Lizzie is dangerously thin but she's still trying to lose pregnancy weight when she's a 2 at most, and she has broad shoulders and hips that IMO indicate a more athletic, slightly heavier frame (sort of like 2/4 Jillian Michaels) than what she's got and wants to shrink.

• Love 1

Guys do not engage with posters who you think are baiting you. If you think someone is taking things to a personal level REPORT the post. Then I & the other mods can deal with it.

If not and you continue to poke each other in this thread I'll be editing posts with inflammatory remarks and issuing warning points for those who continue to have this problem.

We're here to have fun and I want to keep it that way. So help me out. There is a very useful ignore function in you profile settings if you find there is someone who you just can't hack. Feel free to use that and you'll never be troubled again.

So return to your regularly scheduled snark fest!

• Love 1
(edited)

Shannon really puzzles me.  What's with her & never wearing shorts?  Really?  Is she the ONLY woman in the OC to never wear shorts?  And why is it that a super wealthy woman like her never travels?  Seems very, very odd.

So was I hallucinating or was Vicks really kinda fun in this ep & Brooks actually seemed mostly like a nice guy?  Er, huh?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

Shannon really puzzles me. What's with her & never wearing shorts? Really? Is she the ONLY woman in the OC to never wear shorts? And why is it that a super wealthy woman like her never travels? Seems very, very odd.

So was I hallucinating or was Vicks really kinda fun in this ep & Brooks actually seemed mostly like a nice guy? Er, huh?

I've always sort of liked Vicki, I just wouldn't want to actually know her. She's way too high energy for me. BUT I will say that she doesn't seem to have the vindictive streak that Tamara and Heather (and to a certain extent Shannon) have. More or less she seems to want to be left alone to be a physcho helicopter parent and whoop it up at inappropriate times. For someone so self centered she actually gets over fights with the other women fairly quickly. And Brooks seems like the type that's fairly harmless if he's not in your life. Like, yeah I'm sure he's a con man who's skimming off Vicki's retirement money, but I don't think he starts screaming at people over dinner like Ryan or performing hate center stand up like Slade. Again Vicki and Brooks seem pretty content to just live in their own dysfunction. They're probably not the worst couple on the show to go to dinner with. Maybe the worst couple to start a business with, but okish for dinner.

• Love 5

So it's a 3 bedroom condo and Vicki has invited her brother & his girlfriend as well as David & Shannon and maybe her son Michael.  Vicki's brother loves the camera.  Vicki and Brooks take the master.  OK.  Then Vicki assigns the smallest bedroom that backs up to the main road to her guests?  Um, no.  Nice of the brother to offer but Vicki shouldn't have put them in that position.  I'd have been on hotels.com or flipkey getting my own room somewhere else if I was Shannon.  Let Michael have the tiny room and we'll join for breakfast.  I'm sure there was another timeshare that wasn't occupied that they could have stayed in.  I think production would hate me as I'd be avoiding all drama.

DITTO.  I want to sleep well on vacation so ... I can enjoy the damned vacation!  If you're a light sleeper like me, you can sit on the bed, feel the pillows, hear the road noise and know right away... this is NOT happening.  I would have been so out of there.  The thing is, the Beadors were scared to stand up for themselves and do something.  Vicki was an ungracious hostess to make it about her own ego and make it a point of contention.  Sure, imagine forcing Vicki to trade rooms with you.  THAT's uncomfortable, too. She would have made a thing out of it the rest of the trip.    let them get a damned hotel room if they'd feel better!  

• Love 1

DITTO. I want to sleep well on vacation so ... I can enjoy the damned vacation! If you're a light sleeper like me, you can sit on the bed, feel the pillows, hear the road noise and know right away... this is NOT happening. I would have been so out of there. The thing is, the Beadors were scared to stand up for themselves and do something. Vicki was an ungracious hostess to make it about her own ego and make it a point of contention. Sure, imagine forcing Vicki to trade rooms with you. THAT's uncomfortable, too. She would have made a thing out of it the rest of the trip. let them get a damned hotel room if they'd feel better!

I would totally be ditto on this too because I reached the age of about 30 when being comfy on vacation took on all importance (this is why I don't camp. There is no sleeping bag on earth that's not going to hurt my back. Nice cabin in the woods? Great! Straight up camping? Hell no!). Except that's why when I get an inkling that I'm going to be uncomfortable in someone's guest room I book a hotel AHEAD OF TIME! Dude! Know yourself. If you're a light sleeper or Hell, just an introvert who needs some private down time at the end of the day then take the bull by the horns and deal with your life! There was nothing wrong with the guest room, it just wasn't what Sharon wanted (I found it very telling that David was nothing but happy until he saw Sharon's face), that's when you get into awkward territory. Shannon knows she's a particular, high maintenance, bag of issues. Just go in telling your host that you're going to book a hotel close by. Don't wait until you see the simple, but perfectly nice guest room and try to be awkward/not awkward about the situation. That's the kind of shit that gives off the impression of someone who just wants to be unhappy.

• Love 1
(edited)

Shannon really puzzles me.  What's with her & never wearing shorts?  Really?  Is she the ONLY woman in the OC to never wear shorts?  And why is it that a super wealthy woman like her never travels?  Seems very, very odd.

I live in LA and I never wear shorts (unless I am working out, which Shannon claims she never does). I hate shorts and the way they look. Even in summer heat, I am in jeans. Plus, I believe Shannon lives close to the water, which makes it significantly cooler even in the summertime.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 2

I live in LA and I never wear shorts (unless I am working out, which Shannon claims she never does). I hate shorts and the way they look. Even in summer heat, I am in jeans. Plus, I believe Shannon lives close to the water, which makes it significantly cooler even in the summertime.

Yeah. That didn't puzzle me and everything Shannon does puzzles me. I chalked it up to a generational thing. Shorts haven't really been fashionable (except for that brief moment of evening shorts in the aughts) in a while. A bit of a heyday in the 1990s, but even then it was a very collegiate look. Sort of a "I woke up late for my feminist theory class and had to sprint across the Smith campus in my short overalls" look that I doubt Shannon went for. The shorts resurgence is pretty recent and I know many Gen X women who just don't feel comfortable in the trend. So I wouldn't be surprised that many of Shannon's older Gen X monied crowd are not big in the shorts.

(edited)

I never knew that shorts were "out." Here in Washington, D.C., from spring to summer (in the sweltering heat and humidity), I wear them daily. I think you have to have the right legs for them, and they should be a good length for you.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 3
(edited)

Yeah, I, too found the shorts comment to be very strange--especially for a warm-weather beach town. We live on the water and vacation a few times a year in Florida, and a lot of people live in shorts. Sundresses are fun, too, but everyone--rich and poor--in VB lives in shorts. <shrug>

Does anyone know the details of Shannon's background? It is clear that she and her family are well-to-do now, but I get a serious poseur vibe from her. She just doesn't strike me as the 'to the manor born' type. Most people I know went to cotillion, and they would never make personal remarks and try to demean others who didn't. It's very contradictory. It may be just another manifestation of her insecurities, though.

Edited by StevieRocks

I can think of a couple of reasons that Shannon doesn't wear "shorts".  The pictures of her on the beach indicated she had nice, long, thin legs.  One is she is just a few shades darker than Casper the Ghost.  Shorts look better with tan legs.   Reason number Two she has been pregnant twice, once with twins,  is 50 years old and I am guessing she might have some spider and/or varicose veins.  There is many a middle aged woman that welcomed the return of capris and crop pants and the maxi dresses.  The last reason I can think of is many a woman believes one does not wear shorts in public unless they are participating in a sport or at the beach.  It made me wonder -where do the Beadors vacation-as a family?

I'm built like Ramona and noticed that the shorts made her look a bit dumpy and stumpy unlike Luann who has the height to pull them off. I've always thought shorts weren't a flattering choice for me and have the pixs to prove it. Maxi dresses rock.

• Love 1
(edited)

Shannon really puzzles me. What's with her & never wearing shorts? Really? Is she the ONLY woman in the OC to never wear shorts? And why is it that a super wealthy woman like her never travels?

She might just not like how she looks in shorts. I have my mom's hips and legs that never lose their pasty Michigan glory despite strenuous efforts. They are like twin lighthouses. So I stick to capris, dresses, and leggings.

The travel thing. This is pure speculation, but I've wondered if Shannon has the phobias Aviva pretends she does. I think she may present herself as this quirky holistic philosophy loving woman who entertains this side of herself because she can afford it. But I've wondered if she's afraid of going places where she isn't in control of the toxins. Shannon strikes me as extremely anxious and I think she might cope by micromanaging her environment. Mr. Peanut (LOL) does this and he doesn't see that it is nagging and not helping. That was my thought when she had the conversation with David about going to bed with a cup of cold water. I think in her mind she wanted to give him the most comfortable relaxation before bed...but it comes off like she thinks he's an idiot who can't even drink a glass of water correctly.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 1

That was my thought when she had the conversation with David about going to bed with a cup of cold water. I think in her mind she wanted to give him the most comfortable relaxation before bed...but it comes off like she thinks he's an idiot who can't even drink a glass of water correctly.

Then Shannon needs to find someone who thinks it's helpful, quirky or drinks heavily.  Scratch the latter, she has issues with others drinking.

It's a rough group when Vicki is the one people would most want to hang with.

• Love 3
I thought Vicki said she had a breast reduction. I never heard her say she had implants. When & where was this so I can look it up?

Vicki has definitely has implants.  She has mentioned it several times going back to the early seasons.  Also in a trip back to her hometown she mentioned how her Mom never understood the things she did like getting implants, teeth whitening, once she moved to CA.

Then when Tamara got hers removed Vicki made it clear she didn't think it was a good idea and would not want to remove or reduce her own.

• Love 1

Man, I may be older than Shannon - but I want a bedroom that is private, with a bathroom and a tv. Street noise ok for me but I get when it isn't for others. And no squeaky bed to boot. Indicates it will not be comfortable in any event.

As for shorts - for many reasons they can show and accent haunches, cellulite, veins, tan level, droopy knees - all sorts of things. Plus not comfortable if they don't fit. Lots of other options for women including gauzy long pants in addition to capris etc. I think these points can be misunderstood by the young....or ignored by the older and they don't look as well in them. Temperature does not have much to do with it, imo - fit and material everything.

• Love 3

Im Cali born and SoCali raised...and i have the same philosophy about vacations as Shannon. If Im leaving my comforable home...I want to relocate to fantasy-esque accomodations for my vacation.

I'm not sure how you can guarantee the accommodations will be up to your standards when you accept someone else's invitation to stay with them.  I'm not about to ask for pictures so I can make an informed decision.  Personally, unless my hosts were living like squatters, I'd suck it up and make the best of the situation because that seems the polite thing to do.  The room Shannon and David were given was small and had a double bed (horrors!), but it was more than adequate.  Since Shannon bitched in the first episode that she and David never go on vacation together, I'd think she'd be thrilled to have a comfortable room and take advantage of the opportunity to cuddle with her man.  Oh wait, this is whiney Shannon we're talking about!

• Love 2

I think I am a good hostess - but I would explain the accommodations provided so they could decide it was ok. Or get a hotel room or another condo in the timeshare and enjoy vacation time with their friends. The Beador's  can afford that. And Vicki's insistence "they could not leave" was rude, imo.

Michael (the son) doesn't care - sleeping on the couch is fine with him at his age and a chance to go back to PV.

I would never want  guests to feel uncomfortable or not sleep well.

I'm just thinking when one is young it matters not and the older (and hopefully successfully better off) it does.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm not sure how you can guarantee the accommodations will be up to your standards when you accept someone else's invitation to stay with them.  I'm not about to ask for pictures so I can make an informed decision.  Personally, unless my hosts were living like squatters, I'd suck it up and make the best of the situation because that seems the polite thing to do.  The room Shannon and David were given was small and had a double bed (horrors!), but it was more than adequate.  Since Shannon bitched in the first episode that she and David never go on vacation together, I'd think she'd be thrilled to have a comfortable room and take advantage of the opportunity to cuddle with her man.  Oh wait, this is whiney Shannon we're talking about!

Maybe more than adequate for you, I would have hated every minute and gone home more stressed than I came.

Edited by psychnurse
  • Love 2

My youngest son was almost 4 also before he was potty trained. I used to put him in underwear and then a pullup so he'd get the sensation of being wet, but not getting his clothes wet. That worked for me. My oldest (also a boy) was over 3 also. But once they were trained, they were trained, and neither one of them ever wet the bed at night.When they're ready, it will happen very easily and will be less frustration for the both of you! They're 18 and 21 now, so they will eventually be trained! haha

There's not much to say that hasn't been said already about Shannon, but there is one thing that bugs me. She obviously has veneers on her top teeth and they are WAY whiter than her bottom teeth. For as much money as she has, at least have your teeth color match!

Vicki's hair looks better shorter (the style in her talking heads).

I have 3 sons, all walked, talked & were potty trained at different times. No 2 children are the same. My oldest trained at 2 & 1/2 but wore a pull up to bed or if we were going out. My middle son wasn't even 2, he had chicken pox badly & I let him air out so to speak & he never wanted the diaper again. He did everything quickly, off the bottle at 9 months, wanted a cup etc. But then my 3rd was almost 3 before he was trained. I started trying around 2 & he wanted no part of it. I put him in pullups & made games out of it, sometimes with success, sometimes not so much. He just didn't care about it. The difference with Lizzie is she doesn't appear to be trying, why is he still in a diaper & not a pull up or underwear & when he has an accident you clean him? For bed or leaving the house, I get it. But at home, he should not be in a diaper. 

• Love 1

Although I believe Vicki was being gracious by offering Shannon and David a room I don't think my husband and  would have been comfortable staying with people who are late night partiers.  Michael's on the couch-so if you get up early, as we do, you have to tip toe around the sleeping Michael, you have Vicki's brother and girlfriend coming in at 5:00 am.  Couple the late nighters with highway noise and three nights of it would have been too much. 

Carole from RHNYC, wrote her blog what a wonderful houseguest she is because she lets her hosts know she doesn't like AC and sleeps late.  Carole would never be invited to stay with me.  Two thinks I like AC, when it is warm, and not having guests sleeping in.  I am a morning person and having people sleep in until noon delays my day.  Fine to meet up with them later in the day if they have their own digs but I would not want to responsible for waking someone up and would never suffer silently in an unairconditioned space.

I like the idea that Billy gave up his room.  Something Vicki should have thought of in advance.

He just didn't care about it. The difference with Lizzie is she doesn't appear to be trying, why is he still in a diaper & not a pull up or underwear

In the scene in the kitchen, it was a pull up he was putting on, not a diaper. I think she calls them diapers interchangeably, but it was still a pull up.

I never knew that shorts were "out." Here in Washington, D.C., from spring to summer (in the sweltering heat and humidity), I wear them daily. I think you have to have the right legs for them, and they should be a good length for you.

I never knew that either, lol.....I say if you've got the legs...flaunt them to your heart's content.

60 is young to someone, right?  ;-)

Yep! 

Maybe more than adequate for you, I would have hated every minute and gone home more stressed than I came.

How long were they there?  Seems like they could have tolerated the "inadequate" accommodations for a short time

• Love 2
(edited)

Vicki was more than a gracious host with the rooms.  She reiterated several times it was small and had offered to give Shannon and David her room.  I suspect it was Vicki that asked Billy to offer switching.  Really, how much time were they going to spend in the room to begin with.  I think they made a bigger deal than it needed too.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 1

If someone buys you a dress and insists you wear it to their dinner party and you find it hideous, too revealing or uncomfortable and you politely make an excuses as to why you don't want to wear it and the host insists-who is the jerk?  Three nights is a very long time.  The same can be said for someone inviting you over to dinner and serving something you hate let's say foie gras, and you politely decline and the host insist you try some.  Who is the jerk?  Invitations are gracious as long as your guests are comfortable.  To belittle them or insist they accept, in this case, your accommodations, has crossed the line from being a gracious host.  Granted the host may have their feelings hurt but don't turn it around on the guest.  I am quite certain if David and Shannon had been apprised of the accommodations in advance they would have made arrangements to check into a nearby hotel and spent their waking hours with Vicki.  In this case they weren't fully apprised.  Then again it has made for several pages of conversation and that is what the producers were trying to create.

• Love 3

To belittle them or insist they accept, in this case, your accommodations, has crossed the line from being a gracious host.  Granted the host may have their feelings hurt but don't turn it around on the guest.  I am quite certain if David and Shannon had been apprised of the accommodations in advance they would have made arrangements to check into a nearby hotel and spent their waking hours with Vicki.  In this case they weren't fully apprised.

And this is where it turned from Shannon's bad into Vickie's bad.  If Vickie were truly trying to be a great hostess, she would have disclosed the sleeping arrangements ahead of time.  I cannot imagine inviting anyone to come stay in a room that small without mentioning the accommodations, if for no other reason than to avoid my guests being uncomfortable.   By simply mentioning that they were invited to stay (albeit in a very small room), this puts it on the guest to either accept the invitation or make other arrangements -- graciously, either way of course.  

I must admit, I would not be thrilled to find out that I would be staying in that small a room either.  Theoretically, you are only sleeping in it, but given that Vickie and Crooks are your hosts, you would probably use the room just to escape from time  to time.   When I'm on vacation, I want nicer accommodations myself.  It's not as if Shannon and David couldn't afford to go to Mexico any other way. 

• Love 4

Completely agree. So what do most people do when they issue invitations for a free vacation? Is the deal that you have to have pictures and a description of the accommodations ready to go? I must be nuts, but I go on vacation not just to relax and enjoy myself, but to be with the people extending an invite. I am picky and I won't like a ton of shit that goes on. You are going to cook crap that I don't want to eat. You are probably going to keep your pad at a temperature that I don't find comfortable. There is probably going to be too much/or too little noise. You might not give me a TV in my room and I cannot fall asleep without a TV. I spend profane amounts of money on my linens and you might not. You know what? I am going to eat whatever shit you plop down in front of me. I might cook for a living, but I will tell you your food is delicious even if it is not. I am going to grin and accept the fact that the temperature is not to my liking. I will use my iPad and find an application to give me the noise I need to sleep. I will count down the days until I can sleep in my own sheets. What I won't do is bitch about any if it because I am grateful that someone wanted me to come and hang out with them for a few days. I will be thankful for friends who have an extra bedroom with a beach view and plenty of vodka. I will worry more about what makes a good guest (since that is what I am) than what makes a good hostess. Shannon should consider vacationing with Sonja and Ramona.

• Love 11

Well said, motorcitymom!  I guess I'm not very high maintenance because I can't see getting stressed out about being given a small bedroom.  Other than to sleep, I don't spend time in the bedroom anyway if I'm on vacation with good friends in a good location.  If I'm going to get upset on vacation, its going to take a hell of a lot more than a small bedroom to rattle me.

I know everyone has different travel requirements.  I've been to Europe several times and prefer budget travel so we can afford more trips than we could afford if going top shelf.  As long as accommodations are clean and in a good location, I'm a happy camper because I'm there to enjoy the sights, culture, food and people.  Unless you're in a 4 or 5 star hotel, accommodations in Europe are small anyway, so maybe I'm just use to it. 

(motorcitymom, are you in or near Detroit?  I'm 100 miles north.)

• Love 1

Other then the small room, the beachy parts of the vacation looked like fun. You can never go wrong with jet skis.

Shannon is a nagging nagger who nags but David gets his little passive aggressive digs in as well. Like when she was fishing for a compliment and he told her that she needed to get her boobs firmed up. Or saying in this episode that she doesn't go to the gym. I assume he meant the real gym and it wasn't a metaphor for something else. Both of them are responsible for the state their relationship is in.

• Love 1

Yeah. That didn't puzzle me and everything Shannon does puzzles me. I chalked it up to a generational thing. Shorts haven't really been fashionable (except for that brief moment of evening shorts in the aughts) in a while. A bit of a heyday in the 1990s, but even then it was a very collegiate look. Sort of a "I woke up late for my feminist theory class and had to sprint across the Smith campus in my short overalls" look that I doubt Shannon went for. The shorts resurgence is pretty recent and I know many Gen X women who just don't feel comfortable in the trend. So I wouldn't be surprised that many of Shannon's older Gen X monied crowd are not big in the shorts.

Shannon's in her fifties, so I wouldn't call her Gen X.    Wasn't being born in 1964 The earliest year for Gen X?

Anywho, my Mother still wears shorts.    I just bought a pair of "evening shorts".  Oops.   My assumption as a person from a hot climate would be that everyone else wears shorts when it's hot, but I guess not.  

I don't think it has anything to do with Shannon's legs, which are quite nice.    I think it has to do  with the stick she has more firmly implanted up her butt than Heather Dubrow's.

Speaking of shorts, I though the hoedown white shorts outfit Vicki wore was flattering.    The shorts weren't too tight or short, and I thought she looked great in them. 

(edited)

I would have told my guests that they would have been provided a double bed and would share a bathroom with my son. Obviously we all have different levels of required comfort to relax. Although, I would never have accepted the invitation to share the condo in the first place. Knowing myself, I would have insisted to get my own accommodations from the get go. I am a major introvert and need time alone to relax or my nerves are like electric shocks.

Edited by psychnurse
  • Love 5
(edited)

What bothered me was that they let them watch such a violent scene with their Mom in it. I know it's make believe, but damn, I don't think they needed to see that.

I FF through the Tamra/Eddie/robot baby scenes. That does not interest me in the least.

It bothers me too, mainly because, all this time later, I can still recall a relative had a particularly violent scene on the tv I accidentally witnessed that frightened me so much I ran, hid, and cried. You know. Like a child would, and I knew it wasn't real. And it was just a hand, smearing blood down a wall, but I was young and knew nothing of such violence. I can't even imagine the confusion of seeing my Mother harmed. Kids don't really grasp that sort of thing fully imo, so even if she tells them "mommy is just playing", the imagination of an innocent child, so big and vibrant, still yet might think other things.

She should've waited, I think, until they were a bit older.

Edited by Souvlaki
  • Love 1

I would have told my guests that they would have been provided a double bed and would share a bathroom with my son. Obviously we all have different levels of required comfort to relax. Although, I would never have accepted the invitation to share the condo in the first place. Knowing myself, I would have insisted to get my own accommodations from the get go. I am a major introvert and need time alone to relax or my nerves are like electric shocks.

I think the invitation went something like this-production wants you down in Mexico to film and you can stay at Vicki's seaside condo.  Here are the airline tickets-see you when you get there. It is in your contract.

• Love 7

Does anyone know if Alex has ever talked about the trips and/or filming schedules? I don't watch her very often, and generally just pay attention to what gets posted here. Zoeysmom brings up an interesting point about the fact that in some cases they might just be doing what they are told when they film with people. Maybe Shannon and David didn't really want to go to Mexico at all and were told they had too? Does anyone know how this works? I know that Andy has said they are not forced to go on the trips, but maybe they have to film a specified amount of time with each gal, or accept a specified number of invitations to film with someone? I would love to hear some insight on this if anyone knows.

Does anyone know if Alex has ever talked about the trips and/or filming schedules? I don't watch her very often, and generally just pay attention to what gets posted here. Zoeysmom brings up an interesting point about the fact that in some cases they might just be doing what they are told when they film with people. Maybe Shannon and David didn't really want to go to Mexico at all and were told they had too? Does anyone know how this works? I know that Andy has said they are not forced to go on the trips, but maybe they have to film a specified amount of time with each gal, or accept a specified number of invitations to film with someone? I would love to hear some insight on this if anyone knows.

Last week Alex was talking about trips and you get what production has landed as a freebie or paid for.  It is up to you to get the extras (think NY and Ramona scoring the spread and the heaters).  She said production is busy with getting shots and activities set up and really doesn't have time to make your stay comfortable.

According to Alex the women want to go on trips as it means filming time.  You kind of get a feel for it when Heather says something about Vicki and Shannon being in Mexico.  Heather does not like to be left out.  I don't think you turn down too many trips and remain a housewife for long.  (Aviva RHNYC).  In this case I think Shannon was the likely nod as I don't think either Tamra or Heather get on with Brooks well.  So the trip went to Shannon and David.

From what Shannon wrote in her blog I don't think it had as much to do with the size of the room as the fact it was on the highway side and was noisy.  She said she brought a noise machine and it did not mask the noise enough.  They could hear the motorcycles and buses going by.  It sounded to me as if the problem was resolved regarding the room-now if only Shannon could make her marriage work.

• Love 2