Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Making Woo-Hoo-Py!

• Start Topic

Leave it to Heather to make her family stay up to watch her appear on Hawaii 5 0 for less than 69 seconds!

What bothered me was that they let them watch such a violent scene with their Mom in it.  I know it's make believe, but damn, I don't think they needed to see that.

I FF through the Tamra/Eddie/robot baby scenes.  That does not interest me in the least.

• Love 10

Shannon addressed the room situation in her blog.  She said it was next to the highway and the noise kept them awake at night.  She clearly stated she did not want to offend Vicki and appreciated Vicki's brother trading rooms.  I get not wanting to sleep in a small bed with highway noise when you have to film the next day. 

• Love 4

Shannon addressed the room situation in her blog.  She said it was next to the highway and the noise kept them awake at night.  She clearly stated she did not want to offend Vicki and appreciated Vicki's brother trading rooms.  I get not wanting to sleep in a small bed with highway noise when you have to film the next day.

It didn't seem like either David or Shannon wanted to offend Vicki at all to me. It just seemed like they really felt like they had no choice but to address the issue in some manner because being less than perfectly comfortable would be intolerable to them. It was like they thought, we don't want to cause any issues, but we certainly cannot just put up with this shit for two days. It actually makes me a little bit sad because clearly Shannon has been extremely sheltered all her life. She has no adventure in her or ability to cope with circumstances that are less than ideal. She might be the most unhappy person I have ever seen on TV.

• Love 11

It's sad to see how some long term marriages take all of the excitement of sex out of the equation.  If it was me and my honey bunny, we would have welcomed the highway noise as it would serve to drown out the sound of our hot, loud "we're on vacation away from the kids" SEX!!!  I can't see David being able to even get it up for Shannon.  She's such a downer.  Someone needs to tell her that being a nag is not sexy!  Neither is being a needy whiner.  I agree with someone upthread.  Those two need to just get a divorce and call it a day. 

• Love 4

I think Michael was there because even though filming was going on, he didn't want to miss out on his Mexico free vacation.

Well based on the way Shannon was acting about the size of the guest room, I'm thinking Vicki got the $3600 one.

Pricing is dependent on the week #, not size of the room.  Typically, you get the same unit for the same week(s) every year though you can trade.

Shannon probably has trouble sleeping.  As you get older, this is a problem for some people.  David and Shannon would know each other's sleep habits and whether they do better with a larger bed.  Once you get used to a larger bed, it can be hard adjusting to a smaller one, especially if it's not particularly comfortable... and if you're an anxious, older person.  Vicki could have been more gracious -- if they would have been more comfortable in a hotel room, let them be comfortable.  A good host wants their guest to be comfortable.  

It's a small room and a small bed.  If one of them tosses and turns, it will be uncomfortable.  Shannon is also used to sleeping by herself.  I could see how this could be a concern.  Especially since they are filming, she'll want a good night's rest.  I did see a genuine connection between David and Shannon in that scene though.

I may have missed it but how old is Lizzie's oldest child ? Looked too old to be wearing a diaper and not using words . Gold forgive me please if there is something not quite right with him!! lol

4?  I dunno, he's way too old to behave that way or be wearing a diaper.  Sure have another kid that you don't raise properly.  And he watches himself cry in the mirror?  WTF.

Those production people better invest in health insurance.  Tamra is gonna get them for that awful white eyeliner.  It's so horrid! 

Astro.  Shocking that Eddie doesn't participate.  He's made it clear he isn't interested.  Giving him the worse possible experience isn't going to change that.  I like how they pawned it off on Ryan next episode.

• Love 3

What's this sudden robot babies on these shows.  It seems like each Howife franchise has the same plot points as the others.   I like others fast forwarded through Tamra and Eddie's scenes.  

I really hope that Shannon sees her self on tv and realizes what a fish wife she is.  I thought I was a nag!

• Love 2

I'm just wondering how Shannon will manage to blame Heather for everything that went wrong in Mexico. And wow, that sure was a very different scene she painted to Vicky than the scene I watched last week. She's good.

But Shannon, if you don't want anyone talking about your marriage, stop talking about your marriage to everyone. It's really that simple.

• Love 15

Shannon did say her eyes were opened when watching herself and on WWHL addressed how she was treating her husband. I admired that she took ownership and said she has changed. So I try to remember that at this point she hasn't seen herself.

• Love 3

It's sad to see how some long term marriages take all of the excitement of sex out of the equation.  If it was me and my honey bunny, we would have welcomed the highway noise as it would serve to drown out the sound of our hot, loud "we're on vacation away from the kids" SEX!!!  I can't see David being able to even get it up for Shannon.  She's such a downer.  Someone needs to tell her that being a nag is not sexy!  Neither is being a needy whiner.  I agree with someone upthread.  Those two need to just get a divorce and call it a day.

I think David is hot as hell, and I guarantee that there are many beautiful women out there that would love to have him in their bed. Shannon had better step up her game or he's gone!

• Love 2
(edited)

Wow! Watching Shannon and David really was like watching Vicki and Donn's final days of marriage. I had the same sense of shock and asking myself, "did she really just say that to him around a group of people and on camera?"

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that she still had the nerve to say their relationship was fine and everyone should stop talking about their marriage. She complained to all of the women about her marriage in her first episode. She fought with him in the first episode. She chastised him for implying that she was a bitch to the other couples in this episode and then, made a point of them going somewhere private to talk it out. 

I don't know if Shannon is in deep denial, is completely delusional, or is playing this for a story line. What I do know is that her relationship with her husband is uncomfortable to watch. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 6
(edited)

I'm just wondering how Shannon will manage to blame Heather for everything that went wrong in Mexico. And wow, that sure was a very different scene she painted to Vicky than the scene I watched last week. She's good.

I was going to write the exact same thing. She told Vicki she went to Heather's house just for "confirmation" that Tamra spilled the beans and gossiped about her marriage. Bull. Tamra lied to her and said she didn't reveal anything to anyone, so Shannon went to Heather's to investigate and chastise. She was embarrassed and angry that Heather asked her to leave, so she's changed the story to justify her anger and her version of Heather as the villain.

But Shannon, if you don't want anyone talking about your marriage, stop talking about your marriage to everyone. It's really that simple.

Again, bingo. I can't believe she left the dinner table due to obvious tension with David, told Vicki in the ladies room that everything was fine and she didn't like everyone looking so closely at their relationship, and then returns to the table and swears at David and causes a scene! In front of everyone! This lady is a mess. Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 10

Neither Shannon nor Heather are accurate in their retelling of events.

I like how Vicki is so wise about relationships.  /sarcasm   Too bad she didn't have these insights during either of her marriages.  I guess Brooks' value is in showing Vicki that Donn wasn't half bad after all. 

Vicki's brother's girlfriend looks a little like Vicki.  Thankfully, she's quiet.

• Love 5

Shannon, stop being so selfish and save your drama until after dinner.  Can't you see that Brooks is starving??

Ahh, the good old days when Vicki basically hated the way Donn breathed.  

This episode was pretty short, considering I FF'd through Lizzie's and Tamra's scenes.  

• Love 2

Okay, if your child is old enough to tell you he needs to be changed, he needs his little ass potty trained!  Lizzie needs another baby like...Tamra needs another baby.  If you haven't done a stellar job with the kids you have, odds are your performance with a new baby won't be any better.  Just saying.

• Love 18
Vicki's brother's girlfriend looks a little like Vicki.  Thankfully, she's quiet.

Ha ha, I don't think they were miked up.  When Shannon and David came back from their little "chat," the brother and girlfriend were talking and you couldn't hear anything they were saying.  So she could be every decibel as loud as Vicki!

I love that Vicki is delusional enough to call her relationship with Brooks "healthy."  

I cringe every time Vicki interacts with a Spanish speaking person, like that poor chef.  But I also secretly love it.

• Love 5

I cringe every time Vicki interacts with a Spanish speaking person, like that poor chef.  But I also secretly love it.

I giggle.  Vicki calls her self the self proclaimed "Mayor of PV" yet not one person acknowledged that they knew her.  Especially Poncho.  Poncho didn't get the 'kiss each cheek' memo.  That was ackward.  

Did Heather say her chef was on Top Chef or that he was a top chef in general?  Sometimes my husband only has time for a granola bar all day.  So, he looks like Terry when he walks into the house and it smells good!  

Even though it's a robot baby, I called it.  I posted that I'm sure when Tamra has her kids on her week end he takes off on his bike.  Exhibit 1.

My mom was right.  She use to tell me "You look so much prettier when you smile."    Shannon looks pretty when she's laughing and smiling.  Heck, I want to leave Shannon and move out that mansion to a little rental on Newport Beach - on the sand, ocean side!!!!  Then he can enjoy his life with his watered down taquila and chips and salsa in peace. 

• Love 5

Ha ha, I don't think they were miked up.  When Shannon and David came back from their little "chat," the brother and girlfriend were talking and you couldn't hear anything they were saying.  So she could be every decibel as loud as Vicki.

I think they're all miked, but the editors chose which conversation to feature. Sometimes at events like cocktail parties, we only hear a conversation involving one HW, and hear nothing from another HW who might even be in the same circle of people talking. Even on tonight's episode, they chose to showcase Shannon and David talking at the beach, while muting Vicki and Brooks right next to them.

I have never seen that scene between Tamra and Shannon in Tamra's gym.  Hee hee hee.  Tamra probably wanted to film there all the time.  

Next week glance ~ I'm glad Eddie knows the word 'liquidate'. 

It was a short show because I fast forward any scene that Lizzie is in by herself - and Heather. 

I have never seen that scene between Tamra and Shannon in Tamra's gym.  Hee hee hee.  Tamra probably wanted to film there all the time.  

Next week glance ~ I'm glad Eddie knows the word 'liquidate'.  There is yet another 'boxing' studio opening up here in Rancho Santa Margarita, again, with a much better location.

It was a short show because I fast forward any scene that Lizzie is in by herself - and Heather. 

This episode was pretty short, considering I FF'd through Lizzie's and Tamra's scenes.

Honestly, why the fuck is Lizzie on this show?  Is there anything bout her to snark on?  That she's maybe a shitty mom, who ignores her kids or doesn't potty train 'em or isn't raisin' 'em right?  Eh, I don't even know if that's true, but I gotta say -- I just don't give a shit about her.  She's still boring the fuck outta me.  At least I got a laugh from Gretch or Alexis.  But still, Lizzie just brings absolutely nothin'.

Wow, so Eddie actually does sleep in the same bed as Tams or was that just for the cams?  Cuz they don't seem at all like a married couple.  Eds is as indifferent as fuck to her.  But then -- er, isn't he always?  His little bike outfit looked like something Slade would wear.  WTF?

• Love 8
(edited)

Why would Tamra think Eddie would be all about helping her with a fake baby when he outright told her he would not help with a real one???

Yeah, the robot-baby scene makes no sense.  Eddie made it clear that he doesn't want a baby and that he won't take time to help with a baby.  So, why is Tamra playing this out with Astro?  The screaming "baby", along with Tamra's stubbornness, is only serving to sabotage her baby idea by reinforcing Eddie's already negative attitude about the whole subject.  (Pretending here that Tamra's serious about wanting another kid.)

Despite all the complaints Shannon has about David, he seems like a nice person.  And he seems like a really good dad. Shannon has mentioned a few times how much he cares about their children and wants to spend time with them, and on camera he is very attentive to them.  (My thinking he's a nice person doesn't at all invalidate Shannon's feelings toward him if there are deeper problems between them.)

Edited by Miss February

I recall one of the few times Shannon wasn't bad-mouthing her husnband, she told Tamra or Vicki how his eyes light up when he see his daughters (but they're dead whe  he sees her)

What bothered me was that they let them watch such a violent scene with their Mom in it.  I know it's make believe, but damn, I don't think they needed to see that.

I forgot to comment on that, too. How long has Heather been humblebragging about her brief appearance on H5o now?

• Love 3
(edited)

Lizzie - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Tamra's robot baby-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzxzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

(Trademark Vick Gunvalson)

Edited by SuzWhat
  • Love 18

<snip>

I'm glad Heather and Terry are being forthright about having help, but is this seriously their first personal chef? She doesn't cook, so who was cooking before? Is this just a new chef? Because the way they were acting it was like they'd never had one before.Maybe this guy will keep the onion rings coming!

Looks more like he will keep the french fries coming.

Pricing is dependent on the week #, not size of the room.  Typically, you get the same unit for the same week(s) every year though you can trade

Yeah I know. That was my failed attempt at humor. :-)

I think David is hot as hell, and I guarantee that there are many beautiful women out there that would love to have him in their bed. Shannon had better step up her game or he's gone!

Poor David had such a WTF look on his face when Shannon came back to the table and scolded him. The guy can do no right in her eyes and you can tell he walks on egg shells around her.

• Love 5

Shannon is delusional - in one sentence acting like her marriage is fine and in another sentence telling everyone it's a mess. And that scene in the bathroom when she asked Vicki if she was criticizing him and Vicki hemhawed to try to find the right word - perfect.

The room stuff was ridiculous. There was nothing wrong with that room for a couple of days. When my hubby and I visit either of our parents we get a double bed. We shut our mouths and smile because they are being gracious hosts. We would never be so rude. Then again I guess etiquette classes didn't teach Shannon any actual manners. 

Also, couldn't believe Vicki started immediately blaming Heather again about gossiping. Jesus. Tamara started it people!!! Focus on the right person. The one who blabbed and said, "don't tell anyone I told you." Very high school. I think we agree Heather shouldn't have done it but it amazes me how they are sort of glossing over Tamara's role.

I enjoyed the dinner scenes with Heather. If she doesn't like cooking and want a chef good for them. Own it. Loved the part where her son told her she wasn't Angelina Jolie and she laughed and said, we all know that. I saw a real family in those moments.

Could care less about Tams and her baby. Bravo to Eddie. He doesn't want a baby. He is not adjusting his life for this stupid robot.

• Love 5

Lizzie's foundation is really unflattering. I'm not sure if she is naturally olive skinned, or if her coloring is the result of a tan, but the make up she wears on her face is grayish and sickly looking.

Lizzie's foundation is really unflattering. I'm not sure if she is naturally olive skinned, or if her coloring is the result of a tan, but the make up she wears on her face is grayish and sickly looking.

I thought you were talking about her bra. No one with breast that big should wear strapless dresses.

• Love 1

Did Shannon say David had never seen her in shorts because she has never worn any? S. Cal folks - how unusual would this be to live in that part of the country and never wear shorts? I thought that maybe she had ugly legs or something, but when she got out of the water, I thought her legs looked lovely, so that cannot be it. 

In her blog she talks about sometimes getting giddy and nervous in front of David because she loves him so much. WTF?? She also goes on and on about how sick she is of others talking about her marriage. She wants folks to stop judging her marriage, people.  It is these kind of comments that make me distrust her take on anything. 

I know it has been said, but it cannot be said enough. She needs a team of Therapists working around the clock and she needs them pronto. 

• Love 8

I didn't watch the entire episode (was taking care of my young children- life's so hard, right Lizzie?), but I have to comment on robot baby AstroTroy. He's creepy. Eddie is definitely not playing along. Plus, I don't think it could be any more obvious that it's an ill-conceived (ha! See what I did there?) storyline.

Lizzie- her older boy seems really emotionally & intellectually immature. I have a daughter his age who has been potty trained forever and is extremely verbal/articulate. It's really jarring to see him in this episode. As a pp mentioned, focus on what's going on with the kids you have and hold off on having another.

Not to mention, she really doesn't seem to enjoy her boys at all. The resentment is palpable.

• Love 4
(edited)

As much as I love the house porn, this reminded me of why I resent the 1%-ers sometimes. I get that sometimes luxury accommodations ARE the vacation. But this wasn't that kind of trip. If the room is clean, there's no fan that sounds like a motorcycle is running next to the bed, it's not too hot or cold, the toilet's not overflowing....who cares. I guess I'm biased because my family and later my husband had the mentality that you use your savings for the better Disney tickets and a great restaurant and stay in a Day's Inn where you spend 90% of the time unconscious.

I like Shannon. I think she's telling the truth when she says she'd never turn someone in pain away. I'm not a big fan of the way she and David interact but there does seem to be love there...and God knows I know the feeling of wanting to flush your spouse down the toilet until it looks like you might actually lose them. Still, it really grinds my gears to see her so BROKEN about a medium sized room.

I watched a show on Discovery (I think) called Doomsday Preppers and one of the cast was talking about how there'd be a huge shift in power in an apocalypse situation between "paper pushers" and the people who can build, farm, rig stuff, etc. FYI I am a paper pusher and would probably die the first day. But Shannon would be dead in the first fifteen minutes.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 9

Yeah, the robot-baby scene makes no sense.  Eddie made it clear that he doesn't want a baby and that he won't take time to help with a baby.  So, why is Tamra playing this out with Astro?

Because the producers told her that if she didn't she'd have no plot line this season and would lose screen time.

• Love 3

I did too, LOL....I thought she looked quite heavy in that dress

Oh, I agree. I thought she looked awful (and that dress is for a younger woman too). I live in a SoCal beach city and that's what the cute teens/20 somethings wear.

• Love 2

Tried to do a bit of googling to find out how old Lizzie's kids are and everywhere said "under the age of four." I suspect the older one was about to hit four, or maybe he's tall for his age? But as a previous poster nailed it, if he's old enough to say he needs a change, he's old enough to be potty trained. She should be embarrassed. And yeah, watching yourself in the mirror as you cry? Yikes!

Also, did we know that Heather's kids Nicholas and Max(imillia) are twins? I didn't realize that.

I don't think David and Shannen made that big a deal out of the bedroom situation and tried to graciously get out of it, but old Vicki wasn't hearing it. And as another person said, why should they have to be uncomfortable on vacation even it it is a work vacation? That bed looked really tiny and there's highway noise to boot? I don't think they were being bratty or entitled at all, and didn't say another word about it, that we know of, until Vicky's brother offered to swap. Vicki knew they were having troubles, why not let them be comfortable.

Tamra and her fake baby: no words.

• Love 2
(edited)

Team David!  There I said it.

I can't believe Shannon is in tears and basically a wreck over something HEATHER says or does.   Shannon, please direct your attention to your immediate issues which is the state of your marriage.  Like David mentioned,  "I don't care what other people think."   Also, seems to me if you're going on vacation with an intent to work on your marriage, it doesn't make any sense to go with other people, especially Vicki and Brooks.  (I understand the show obligations and how you have to hang out with the other ho-wives on occasion though.)   I can't believe how Shannon came back to the table and accused David of making her look like a bitch in front of everyone else !    WTF?!    How awkward and embarrassing for all involved.   AND THEN asked to be excused from the table ?!?!   If I said those things in front of Mr. jymph & others he'd  a)  tell me to excuse myself, b)  not budge from his chair  and c) drink whatever the fuck he wanted to drink.     At this point I'm kind of rooting for David to just dump her. .......................meh no on 2nd thought those poor girls don't deserve that.    OK never mind, I hope they work it out.

Agree with poster upstream that said Lizzie barely even likes her current children, why have another ?   

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 8

Thank you.  She keeps embellishing and embellishing that I figure the next time she tells the story, Heather will not only have screeched "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE", but she will have had Terry forcibly remove her.  The next telling will have the police being called to throw her out.

• Love 10

I hope Astro wasn't left in the back seat of the car on a hot day because that would freak me out seeing that "baby" through someone's car window.    Although,it would be funny to see Tamra being handcuffed for child abuse. 

Shannon needs a job!    I think her problem is that David owns a business and that means he isn't always available for her.  I think she would be much happier with her own challenges to keep her busy.  If we have too much time on our hands, we tend to over think everything.  Crystals and acupuncture are not expanding her mind.

Shannon and David are skinny people, the double bed would be fine.  Also, I'm sure that they passed out from the booze, so I doubt it was really that big of a problem.

This sounds awful but when I saw the scene with Libby's youngest staring at the smoke detector, I had a sick feeling.  I thought of Jacqueline Laurita's little guy.  I'm sure he's fine, but it did hit me.  Libby seems to be hiding something.  She seems very emotional.

• Love 3

In Lizzie's blog this week, she mentions that her oldest son just turned 4.  Wow... She also says something about having told him that hitting 4 means no more diapers?  If your child can understand that sentence, it's long, long overdue girl.  And I agree with above posters, enjoy the kids you have, don't add more - clearly these 2 are more than you can handle.  Has she clarified why she wants more?  Idiot

• Love 3
(edited)

The most annoying thing about this episode was the crying kids-real or fake.  There is just no excuse for the Tamra and Eddie scenes.  They are totally unbelievable and not even remotely entertaining.

Another fake diatribe was Heather talking about how important family time was to her.  Didn't she say she hired a chef to cook a meal for the kids and then later cook one for she and Terry?  The true Heather is the one who said, "you talked over my dialogue.  How would you like if I . . . "

As to David and Shannon-they are not good at faking it.  The harder Shannon tries to make things better the worse it gets.  I get the impression that the "non-drinking" David has had a history of bad behavior once he imbibes.  (The comments toward Heather when she was riding the mechanical bull comes to mind.)  I do think the two of them care deeply for one another but do not know how to get a response out of the other unless it is a goad, a whine or a snarky comment.  I could see where Shannon felt like their relationship was under a microscope-because it is.  Thanks to Tamra for spreading the word with a little assist from Heather.  According to Shannon it gets worse.  Please no.

The scene with Lizzie and Heather what career exactly is it Heather has that shows she can do it all?  It seems every time she gets a bit part we see a new staff member-now it is the new personal chef.  I find the two of them very fake.  Lizzie's blog sounds like a pageant vomit.  I will hand it to Lizzie on the eve of her son's fourth birthday she asking viewers for tips on how to potty train her oldest child.   It's never too late Lizzie.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

I didn't watch the entire episode (was taking care of my young children- life's so hard, right Lizzie?), but I have to comment on robot baby AstroTroy. He's creepy. Eddie is definitely not playing along. Plus, I don't think it could be any more obvious that it's an ill-conceived (ha! See what I did there?) storyline.

Lizzie- her older boy seems really emotionally & intellectually immature. I have a daughter his age who has been potty trained forever and is extremely verbal/articulate. It's really jarring to see him in this episode. As a pp mentioned, focus on what's going on with the kids you have and hold off on having another.

Not to mention, she really doesn't seem to enjoy her boys at all. The resentment is palpable.

Hi DeeplyShallow....I agree, concentrate on the kids you've got.  It just seems to me that Bravo manages to find the most dysfunctional women around for their shows.  I have feline children.....never had any "human" kids....I'm just always so stunned at the way these women go about their lives.

• Love 1

Seriously!  David, I will sip watered down tequila and eat chips and salsa with you anytime.  Call me!  

• Love 4

Shannon is delusional - in one sentence acting like her marriage is fine and in another sentence telling everyone it's a mess. And that scene in the bathroom when she asked Vicki if she was criticizing him and Vicki hemhawed to try to find the right word - perfect.

The room stuff was ridiculous. There was nothing wrong with that room for a couple of days. When my hubby and I visit either of our parents we get a double bed. We shut our mouths and smile because they are being gracious hosts. We would never be so rude. Then again I guess etiquette classes didn't teach Shannon any actual manners. 

Also, couldn't believe Vicki started immediately blaming Heather again about gossiping. Jesus. Tamara started it people!!! Focus on the right person. The one who blabbed and said, "don't tell anyone I told you." Very high school. I think we agree Heather shouldn't have done it but it amazes me how they are sort of glossing over Tamara's role.

I enjoyed the dinner scenes with Heather. If she doesn't like cooking and want a chef good for them. Own it. Loved the part where her son told her she wasn't Angelina Jolie and she laughed and said, we all know that. I saw a real family in those moments.

Could care less about Tams and her baby. Bravo to Eddie. He doesn't want a baby. He is not adjusting his life for this stupid robot.

I thought that was a direct call out to when Alexis (?) called her out on her pretentious career by saying, "Who does she think she is, Angela Jolie?". During Heather's first season posters mentioned that it seemed like her kids were coached to say cute sitcomish like lines and I have to say that I thought that was exactly what was happening in this Dubrow scene.

• Love 7

Come on, Tamra and the stupid robotic baby.  That's her storyline?  She's ending up as the outcast this season.  She's destroyed ever relationship she's had with her manipulation and backstabbing. 

Next week should be a good one - where Brooks calls Tamra out in front of Shannon - and it looks like Cut Fitness may be in trouble.

I really like Vicki this season.  She speaks the truth in her confessionals.  So if Brooks makes her happy, so be it.

• Love 6
(edited)

The thing that struck me with Shannon and David is how stiff and prickly she is when he shows her any kind of affection.  It's like when he goes in for a kiss or a hug or to just put his hand on her or arm around her, she totally tightens up.    If she loves him so much like she says she does, she needs to chill and give the man a hug!  And I  mean one where she doesn't have her hands locked together around his neck, like she wants to make sure she doesn't accidentally rub him or something.  It's weird.

Edited by mjstrick
  • Love 7

Shannon is a pain in the ass, pure and simple. On top of everything else--whining, complaining, backstabbing, ruining group meals with her idiocies--she feels compelled to tell us that she can't and won't put herself into the ocean because of all the fish.  I mean, please -- go away, woman.  Such a complete and total pill.

Heather and the chef were amusing.  Hope those children are continuing to be fed real food. He looked like a sweetheart.

The robo-baby is the only interesting character in that little household. 

Lizzie -- Get off the You Can Have It All train.  It's pretty much an empty train reserved for the delusional.  Unless of course one is Angelina Jolie.  All the squabbling about who does what for their own children is beyond childish.  And dull. 

• Love 8

Lizzie is just so harsh looking.  I'd love to cut her hair, maybe a cute bob and soften her features.  She looks so drag queen.

So the reason for the robot baby scene is for Tamra to have her lightbulb moment:  Turns out I'm too old for this shit!

• Love 2
I am so surprised that Vicki is my favorite this season.

This goes ditto for me. I kept wondering if she was replaced by a pod person. Who is this blond woman and what has she done with Vicki. Aside from the 'you can't leave my timeshare stuff' which was pretty mild and her continuing relationship with Brooke's, Vicki was pretty flawless this episode. What has the world come to when Vicki, VICKI!!! is reasonable, perceptive and taking stock and ownership? She had the Beador marriage down pat but what shook me to the core was not only the parallels she drew between her and Don's marriage but that she actually admitted to being a nagging nag that tore Don down instead of building him up. What the what?!?!

Also the Beador's were a wonderful illustration of how getting into a set pattern of snippy/nagging behavior can taint everything. I do believe that Shannon believes that she wasn't trying to be a bitch or a nag when she was commenting on David's drinking. However, due to years picking on him for every little thing from how he drinks water to eating salsa chips before dinner that is all David can hear now and he associates every comment with her standard negativity and an attempt to put him down. You get what you invested into the relationship. Vice versa with David. He may think his comments are teasing and playful but Shannon doesn't think so. Saving their marriage will be hard because they seem so set in their ways and David does seem checked out as pointed out by Vicki. 

Yes, David is a cutie. He is on his way to being a silver fox. He has such a boyish, youthful face. My inclination is to announce myself as Team David but I can't do that because I just sense that there is some deep underlying events that set the relationship up into this rut that he is just as, if not more, responsible for. I just wonder if time will reveal all.  

I loved the Mexico scenes and again Shannon is showing how seamlessly and wonderfully she fits into this cast. I am gobbling this up like it is the manna of the gods because the pattern is that the HW watch themselves, become self aware and change their behavior thereby taking the real out of reality. So enjoy while you can.

Without the Mexico trip this episode would have been a complete snooze. I FF thru Tamballs and her mechanical baby. This is shit that Gretchen and Slade would have used as the meat in their storyline. Not interested! I watched Lizzie's segment because I want to give her a chance but so far she is failing me. That whole 'I want to have it all' stuff does not hold my interest first all. Why is that even still a question being asked? Secondly, asking Miss Heather how she has it all? How stupid can she be? Heather is a lady who lunches who just went back to "work" about 3 years ago and that "work" was being on a reality show followed by doing guest spots on a handful of shows. I am being generous with handful because I could probably count them on one hand and have some fingers left over. Heather had and has help by the way of nannies, assistant, maids and now a personal chef. Not that there is anything wrong with any of that if you can afford it. However, a middle to upper middle class chick with no staff, 2 kids, a business and household to run and an unhelpful husband asking a woman with seemingly unlimited resources and no real job how she has it all makes no sense to me. Heather manages to have it all because she married well. How's that for an answer? Chick is really asking the wrong person.  Speaking of personal chef. He served french fries at both meals which I thought seemed a bit much.

I don't even understand how Lizzie wants another child when she barely seems able to raise the ones she has. Plus she even admitted that her husband gives her little help and she relies on the generosity of her mother who is getting up there in age. I am not one for kids so that oldest son was working my nerves. I can imagine them be that family at a restaurant or on a plane. It also seems like the kids can't articulate which is problematic at their ages. I can't believe the older son is still wearing diapers. Gurl! Younger son is interesting. He looks like his dad but those paternal features are exaggerated much like his mother's. He is all eyes and lips.

• Love 8

Wait!  I've been calling Lizzie by the wrong name all year!  I thought her name was Libby!  I just realized that.  Sheesh, I know Vicki's brother's name and I know Vicki's dog's name, but I screwed up with Lizzie?!  I guess she doesn't interest me at all!

• Love 3