Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

One of my Instagram friends was at the game last night and her view showed a very crooked line during the kick line, all I could think of was Judy yelling “Lines!”

22DE00A3-12EB-4CA3-A67D-A60A987D8F79.jpeg

Edited by MelissaB326
Edit
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, kerrieway said:

And she did, she won. Many see the unfairness of it all for what it is, but in TK;s mind, I think she thinks that's all that matters, that the end justifies the mean. I choose to pity any who could be so lacking in self-awareness. The best and in this case only way to fight people like that is to dim the spotlight they crave. If I were on the team with VK/TK I'd be shrewd, praising them for their mistakes (that was what Jalyn should've done instead of actually trying to help VK improve) but otherwise being politely distant, the only play is to let them self-sabotage and protect yourself.  

So Jalyn and the other girls should sabotage VK and tell her wrong steps are right?  All so she can get a SG spot over her?  1. That’s being a really bad teammate and hurts the squad and 2. if you need to resort to things like that to get ahead, you probably didn’t deserve them in the first place.

I also doubt VK makes a lot of mistakes to begin with, she’s a very experienced dancer and knows the dances well in all footage shown, so it probably wouldn’t work. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

But that isn't what DCC is about--it is a TEAM.  Remember over the years several TCC have gotten criticism for not being "team" minded (in TPTB opinion).  They almost had the guillotine built for Megan F over it.

You may be joking...regardless, I'd say all 36 girls don't need to be good friends to be a team, I don't even think that is Kelli's expectation, smaller besties/cliques will always form. What IMO K & J want is to make sure everyone "supports" each other in private and maintains a good public image of their relationship with each other and the team.  No one can accuse you of being a bad teammate if you're not as close with VK as others unless VK must be worshiped and adored. 

Post Script: Root VK on if/when she's self-sabotaging, to the undiscerning eye it will look like support. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

So Jalyn and the other girls should sabotage VK and tell her wrong steps are right?  All so she can get a SG spot over her?  1. That’s being a really bad teammate and hurts the squad and 2. if you need to resort to things like that to get ahead, you probably didn’t deserve them in the first place.

I also doubt VK makes a lot of mistakes to begin with, she’s a very experienced dancer and knows the dances well in all footage shown, so it probably wouldn’t work. 

What I said I would do has been turned into what I'm saying the other girls should definitely do. That was not what I originally said. When I said Jalyn should've just bobbed her head while VK made mistakes, I meant that in hindsight so that she would've been more likely to keep her SG spot. Obviously moving forward the other girls don't have to do anything, a shoulder shrug and being meh about the whole situation might be their response and plenty of them might love VK, I wouldn't know how they feel or what they truly think, I do however think that steering clear of VK if you're not in her fan club or don't want to pretend to be is a good idea. 

Edited by kerrieway
Clarifying
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

She basically confirmed, what we've all suspected forever, that the seniority of the team is like a sorority. The fact that she had felt that she can't voice her opinions/thoughts because of the way 'the system is set up' is sad.

This is a very insightful comment.

"The older vet" commentary was interesting. I couldn't tell whether it was respect because the older girls had more DCC "experience/wisdom" or more like "pipe down 2nd year until I'm off this team and you've earned enough years to speak."

The latter would be frightening if true. 

• Love 10

So in watching last Friday's episode, I was struck by the thought of how relieved I am that we are almost to the end. Normally I'm excited to get to see the announcement of the squad and the taking of the picture, but right now I'm just glad it's almost over. The whole episode kind of felt like filler and when Bridget talked about how tired she was, I was like "girl I feel ya." Speaking of Bridget, I thought the timing of Kelli asking everyone if they had eaten & were hydrating just after pulling Bridget into the office was a little insensitive. I mean everyone knew she said that because of Bridget & it just put a spotlight on her. I thought it would have been better if K&J just put the word out to the trainers to remind the girls quietly to get food and water. If I was Bridget sitting through that comment I would have been embarrassed.

Another thought that crossed my mind was the sudden focus on Julia and how she was dancing. I found the timing suspicious because up to her media training snafu, there was no mention of her making mistakes & she was getting all kinds of praise. I mean she didn't just become a bad dancer overnight. I wondered if the increased focus was done in order to catch her making mistakes so that Kelli had a visual reason to cut her and she could say "well look at the mistakes Julia was making, she had to go." But even with her missteps, she still wasn't a worse dancer than Meredith was. Speaking of Meredith, there were almost no shots of her making mistakes. It made me think if Kelli told the camera guys to not focus on Meredith & instead try to catch moments of Julia messing up.

As for Julia's office visit, that was just uncomfortable to watch. First the whole team seemed to know she was getting cut because I could hear someone tell Julia they would wait for as long as it took. And even though Julia did mess up in her media training and had no one to blame but herself, I still felt bad for her. Judy could barely look her in the eyes although she did say that Julia should try out again which I was surprised by. I do wonder if she will come back next year given how things went down with the media training & how frustrated Julia seemed with things in the last few episodes.

The performance of show group at the opening of the Cowboys training camp was pretty good although I was annoyed with the multiple closeups of VK while they were waiting to go onto the field. I could have certainly done without all the shots of Tina Kalina up in the stands. And what was up with her and that other lady dancing along to the choreography? It was distracting and reminded me of the mom of Regina George in the "Mean Girls" movie and how she was dancing in the auditorium aisles while the girls were performing in the Christmas show. We get it Tina, you were a cheerleader, but your time is over. Now its time for the new team to have their day so sit down! Also what was going on with VK's hair? Did they double her extensions because her hair looked like it was twice it's normal volume. Really that was how I could spot VK during the dance. All I had to do was look for the flinging mass of yellow hair.

Lastly I was really underwhelmed by Charlotte's appearance. Normally she actually gives some insight & talks to the girls at some point, but really all she did was sit there & she really didn't clarify anything. The only thing that she said that caught my attention was how she was surprised by Meredith and how fluid she was. I had thought that her making that comment would get Kelli's attention because Kelli always talks about how their style calls for sharp movements and she'd connect the fact that Meredith's fluidity doesn't match their style, but it didn't amount to anything. Really it was just a another blah moment in a blah show.

At this point I'm only curious about the next episode because we will be getting the explanation for why they have alternates this season. I did wonder if they were setting the stage for it in this episode because at one point when Judy was doing a talking head segment, she mentioned the injuries that Maddie & Alexis were getting. She then said something about how, with all the injuries, it was important to have smart dancers who could fill in. At the time I thought it was a strange comment to make, but in thinking back to all I've heard on these boards, it now makes sense. Oh well. And so we limp onward to the finish line.

• Love 16
45 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Not sure if this was already listed here but can anyone tell me who’s in which group? Thanks in advance👍🏼

Amy

Miranda

Caroline

Cianna

Savannah 

Daphne

Madeline M

Kelcey

Amanda

Group 2:

Maddie

Lexie

Ashlee

Rachel a 

Alanna

Rachel W

Erin

Chandi

Lisa

Group 3:

Heather

Alexis

Bridget

Brianna

Amber

Christina

Jalyn

Kristen

Taylor P

Group 4

Tess

Gina

Molly

Brennan

Meredith

Hannah

Taylor J

Victoria

Lily

when we person sits out then kat goes into that group last night she was in group 3 

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

So in watching last Friday's episode, I was struck by the thought of how relieved I am that we are almost to the end. Normally I'm excited to get to see the announcement of the squad and the taking of the picture, but right now I'm just glad it's almost over. The whole episode kind of felt like filler and when Bridget talked about how tired she was, I was like "girl I feel ya." Speaking of Bridget, I thought the timing of Kelli asking everyone if they had eaten & were hydrating just after pulling Bridget into the office was a little insensitive. I mean everyone knew she said that because of Bridget & it just put a spotlight on her. I thought it would have been better if K&J just put the word out to the trainers to remind the girls quietly to get food and water. If I was Bridget sitting through that comment I would have been embarrassed.

Another thought that crossed my mind was the sudden focus on Julia and how she was dancing. I found the timing suspicious because up to her media training snafu, there was no mention of her making mistakes & she was getting all kinds of praise. I mean she didn't just become a bad dancer overnight. I wondered if the increased focus was done in order to catch her making mistakes so that Kelli had a visual reason to cut her and she could say "well look at the mistakes Julia was making, she had to go." But even with her missteps, she still wasn't a worse dancer than Meredith was. Speaking of Meredith, there were almost no shots of her making mistakes. It made me think if Kelli told the camera guys to not focus on Meredith & instead try to catch moments of Julia messing up.

As for Julia's office visit, that was just uncomfortable to watch. First the whole team seemed to know she was getting cut because I could hear someone tell Julia they would wait for as long as it took. And even though Julia did mess up in her media training and had no one to blame but herself, I still felt bad for her. Judy could barely look her in the eyes although she did say that Julia should try out again which I was surprised by. I do wonder if she will come back next year given how things went down with the media training & how frustrated Julia seemed with things in the last few episodes.

The performance of show group at the opening of the Cowboys training camp was pretty good although I was annoyed with the multiple closeups of VK while they were waiting to go onto the field. I could have certainly done without all the shots of Tina Kalina up in the stands. And what was up with her and that other lady dancing along to the choreography? It was distracting and reminded me of the mom of Regina George in the "Mean Girls" movie and how she was dancing in the auditorium aisles while the girls were performing in the Christmas show. We get it Tina, you were a cheerleader, but your time is over. Now its time for the new team to have their day so sit down! Also what was going on with VK's hair? Did they double her extensions because her hair looked like it was twice it's normal volume. Really that was how I could spot VK during the dance. All I had to do was look for the flinging mass of yellow hair.

Lastly I was really underwhelmed by Charlotte's appearance. Normally she actually gives some insight & talks to the girls at some point, but really all she did was sit there & she really didn't clarify anything. The only thing that she said that caught my attention was how she was surprised by Meredith and how fluid she was. I had thought that her making that comment would get Kelli's attention because Kelli always talks about how their style calls for sharp movements and she'd connect the fact that Meredith's fluidity doesn't match their style, but it didn't amount to anything. Really it was just a another blah moment in a blah show.

At this point I'm only curious about the next episode because we will be getting the explanation for why they have alternates this season. I did wonder if they were setting the stage for it in this episode because at one point when Judy was doing a talking head segment, she mentioned the injuries that Maddie & Alexis were getting. She then said something about how, with all the injuries, it was important to have smart dancers who could fill in. At the time I thought it was a strange comment to make, but in thinking back to all I've heard on these boards, it now makes sense. Oh well. And so we limp onward to the finish line.

I find it interesting that up until now, they’ve had All Stars fill in when they get injuries. Why have they now invented this alternate set up? So they could keep Meredith when they know she’s a train wreck? As Kitty would say, did her uncle buy the studio floor? 

I heartily agree with your summation that we are limping to the finish line now. This had been the most yawn-worthy season ever (imho). 

• Useful 3
  • Love 15

Holly85 thanks for the groups! Appreciate u girl👍🏼🥰

1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Is it me or is this final pose a trainwreck!? 

Untitled.jpg

Wavy! Looks like some new zigzag formation😳🤔

Edited by Trixi
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

One of my Instagram friends was at the game last night and her view showed a very crooked line during the kick line, all I could think of was Judy yelling “Lines!”

22DE00A3-12EB-4CA3-A67D-A60A987D8F79.jpeg

Omg what is even happening with this whole season? You can tell by how the poms were thrown this was a big ole crooked mess from the start.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 10/20/2019 at 11:38 PM, Loves2Dance said:

Also Meredith all but confirmed the rumors swirling on how she actually made the team...which I still don't understand.  

What did she do/say that confirmed the rumors?  Or was it that she was just bad?

I’m new here and haven’t been able to find it yet. But can someone tell me where Kitty was in the seasons shows? Typically she’s there advising on their solos, and does critiquing and I haven’t seen her at all.

7 hours ago, Yetta said:

What did she do/say that confirmed the rumors?  Or was it that she was just bad?

People are speculating that Meredith saying she was happy to see Charlotte there means that she knows her & has an in with her.  I honestly think she made it for the same reason Morgan did, mistakes galore, but Kelli likes her look.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

People are speculating that Meredith saying she was happy to see Charlotte there means that she knows her & has an in with her.  I honestly think she made it for the same reason Morgan did, mistakes galore, but Kelli likes her look.

Thanks.  Yeah, I agree.  that doesn't mean that she "knows" her.

• Love 2
On 10/20/2019 at 9:47 PM, Cowboysfan16 said:

Did anyone else just see the close up of Christina’s pair on tv? L o l 

ya know what? good for her I guess 🤣

I did catch her close up and whoomp there they were, but her smile was bright and big, too. After a busy weekend I fell asleep around half time, so there may have been other shots of the DCC  but had to laugh at myself because as much as I read, watch and analyze every clip posted here, a viewer who is exposed to DCC only through watching a game on national TV would have seen: A shot of the end of Thunderstruck with Maddie at point looking like a rabid chipmunk, several long and lingering close ups of Rachel W. as they cut to commercial, and Christina's close up as they cut to commercial.  (Again, I'm sure there were more -- I just conked out.)

My takeaway is it just doesn't matter who does what. I don't mind Maddie, not thrilled with her at point, but NBC didn't show dancing, just a shot of the end pose and she didn't look great. Photographers and cameramen love Rachel W.  They don't care about her politics or dance ability. Christina has some things to catch the cameraman's eye, too -- he doesn't care that she tried out umpteen times and is not the best dancer; he just wants to catch her shaking her.....pom-poms.  

I have got to quit caring so much!!!

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:
On 10/18/2019 at 1:49 PM, scorpio1031 said:

What’s up with her belly? It looks like she has ripples in the tummy. I’m assuming it’s the reflection of the water, but I think it looks horrible

I would kill to look that horrible

Edited by raindancer
someone else beat me to it
  • Love 22
43 minutes ago, PattiD4DCC said:

I did catch her close up and whoomp there they were, but her smile was bright and big, too. After a busy weekend I fell asleep around half time, so there may have been other shots of the DCC  but had to laugh at myself because as much as I read, watch and analyze every clip posted here, a viewer who is exposed to DCC only through watching a game on national TV would have seen: A shot of the end of Thunderstruck with Maddie at point looking like a rabid chipmunk, several long and lingering close ups of Rachel W. as they cut to commercial, and Christina's close up as they cut to commercial.  (Again, I'm sure there were more -- I just conked out.)

My takeaway is it just doesn't matter who does what. I don't mind Maddie, not thrilled with her at point, but NBC didn't show dancing, just a shot of the end pose and she didn't look great. Photographers and cameramen love Rachel W.  They don't care about her politics or dance ability. Christina has some things to catch the cameraman's eye, too -- he doesn't care that she tried out umpteen times and is not the best dancer; he just wants to catch her shaking her.....pom-poms.  

I have got to quit caring so much!!!

My husband said they keep showing that blonde girl, meaning Rachel Wyatt, and he never usually comments on anything😆

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I agree, and it’s the same reason Kat made, Kelli think her look helps the team. I agree, especially with Kat. She is beautiful and a contrast to all the blonds. I think that is one reason she and Meredith made it of Julia, who was just one more blond.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, OK Lucy said:

I agree, and it’s the same reason Kat made, Kelli think her look helps the team. I agree, especially with Kat. She is beautiful and a contrast to all the blonds. I think that is one reason she and Meredith made it of Julia, who was just one more blond.

Kat "made it" because they needed more diversity.  I's a growing concern that the team is too white.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

Kat "made it" because they needed more diversity.  I's a growing concern that the team is too white.

As it should be (a growing concern, that is). I just read this article about the diversity of the new crop of Rockettes (multiple women of color and a dancer born without a left hand). It is really striking when you compare a group like this to the homogenous DCC. I have to imagine representation is on their minds (again, as it should be).

https://nypost.com/2019/10/19/meet-the-new-diverse-faces-of-the-rockettes/?fbclid=IwAR2YB5rjNrD6Sx5A9qTT2wSRwX-2XthlNeiiqPck_o8b0yCdoA8ENYcgZ_A

• Love 20
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

I kinda agree. There is a diversity problem, but I think the bigger reason Kat made the team is Kelli's beauty bias. Kat is just flat out gorgeous and the team needed more conventionally pretty girls. For the record, I think that every single DCC is attractive in their own way, but some are more universally accepted as pretty. I would love to see a DCC makeover with natural curls like former DCC Jacie wears now. When's the last time a DCC WOC sported natural curls? I feel like for the most part the current squad is pretty generic with so many girls that look the same.

• Love 18
On 10/10/2019 at 11:45 AM, PhillyFan said:

Agreed, although I really like Amy. She has a perfect cheerleader look though, and has her place as a DCC for sure. My husband basically ignores MTT when I watch, but one of the only comments he has ever made about it was to say that Amy’s not really that hot 😂

Amy falls into that dreaded cute category that every woman cringes at.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, akapipes14 said:

I’m new here and haven’t been able to find it yet. But can someone tell me where Kitty was in the seasons shows? Typically she’s there advising on their solos, and does critiquing and I haven’t seen her at all.

I think it was mentioned somewhere that she took the season off. 

6 hours ago, akapipes14 said:

Rumor has it that she didn't like the edit she got last year and opted not to appear this year.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TxBex said:

I kinda agree. There is a diversity problem, but I think the bigger reason Kat made the team is Kelli's beauty bias. Kat is just flat out gorgeous and the team needed more conventionally pretty girls. For the record, I think that every single DCC is attractive in their own way, but some are more universally accepted as pretty. I would love to see a DCC makeover with natural curls like former DCC Jacie wears now. When's the last time a DCC WOC sported natural curls? I feel like for the most part the current squad is pretty generic with so many girls that look the same.

It would be awesome of Kat came back next year natural!!!  Honestly, with her skin being so light and the blond hair, I get her mixed up with the pack of blondes in a lot of pics.  Her look doesn't scream diversity to me.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

And what was up with her and that other lady dancing along to the choreography? It was distracting and reminded me of the mom of Regina George in the "Mean Girls" movie and how she was dancing in the auditorium aisles while the girls were performing in the Christmas show.

This. 100x this. That is exactly how I felt watching, which only adds to my desire for this season to end. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
27 minutes ago, Opine said:

It would be awesome of Kat came back next year natural!!!  Honestly, with her skin being so light and the blond hair, I get her mixed up with the pack of blondes in a lot of pics.  Her look doesn't scream diversity to me.

I completely agree. She just blends in with the sea of blonde white girls. It’s almost like she tried to make herself appear as a white girl in order to make the team. 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, DCCobsessed said:

I completely agree. She just blends in with the sea of blonde white girls. It’s almost like she tried to make herself appear as a white girl in order to make the team. 

Diversity. Let’s investigate what that word really means: that there are more realities of color!

Kat is just right, not too white or not too much color. Just Kat.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Opine said:

The DCC discourages ethnic girls from having "natural" hairstyles.  Just look at Jacie's hair when she was on the team and now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3