Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, IllegitimateDCC said:

It's taken me 4 days to realize this, but could someone please explain how this photo is not a spoiler, but the official squad photo is? There are some who are complaining about it (naturally), so you might as well give us the real thing. 

Because most of the girls are unrecognizable in that photo without the lashes and everything. Most of them look even better in this photo.

Edited by TwopLurker
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Did anyone see the latest IG post from the DCC that’s a picture of Maddie? Ashlee comments on the post calling Maddie her Captain. Is Maddie her group leader or is Maddie considered the Captain of the team? (and not Amy)

12 minutes ago, UT2004gal said:

Did anyone see the latest IG post from the DCC that’s a picture of Maddie? Ashlee comments on the post calling Maddie her Captain. Is Maddie her group leader or is Maddie considered the Captain of the team? (and not Amy)

Maddie is her group leader 

• Love 2

Anyone see the performance at the Calendar Release Party? I saw it on JennK's instagram and it looks like one of the triangles is Lexie/Maddie/Gina! Im happy for Gina! She deserves to be up there and I still don't like Lexie but L/M/G would've been a nice triangle.

• Love 9

Ok, so the first half hour, I was flipping back and forth between DCC:MTT. and RuPaul’s Drag Race UK. Did anyone count the awkward voiceovers that attempted to address the issues we’ve brought up in this forum? (And now I kinda wanna see Kat & Meredith lip sync FOR THEIR LIFE.)

Edited by Pj3422
Capitalization.
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Errr do rookies usually lead out of the tunnel during a performance or is this a special exception? 

I don’t care for VK but to answer the question, yes I believe they do especially in circumstances like this in which they don’t circle up and those who lead the squad out on the stage or field are the ones in the back. If they weren’t in the front leading them out they wouldn’t be in the back row of the performance and then y’all would have a problem with that too 🙄

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, Monique said:

I don’t care for VK but to answer the question, yes I believe they do especially in circumstances like this in which they don’t circle up and those who lead the squad out on the stage or field are the ones in the back. If they weren’t in the front leading them out they wouldn’t be in the back row of the performance and then y’all would have a problem with that too 🙄

This makes perfect sense now that I think about it. 

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:
Miss Gabby is in the video:)

OK how the heck do I delete all of the above BUT "Miss Gabby is in the video"?  I've been trying to edit this thing for 10 minutes!!! Also I CANNOT see from the video WHY they cut Gabby!!!!!

• Love 2
18 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

That surprises me about Julia. Of course in the DCC world you're toast if Kelli doesn't like you for any reason.  I've never understood why Charlotte waits so long to come back for a visit.  Especially since she's the Executive Vice President and Chief Brand Officer of the Cowboys.

I suspect Charlotte awaits for a minute as not micro-manage K & J.  Which I can appreciate - no one wants a VP hanging asking questions and making notes.

K & J have been doing this a loooonnngg time , so Charlotte trusts their judgement. No need of showing ladies who can't kick, can't jump split and esp can't do the signature dance.  So she pops when the nbr gets closer to 36 - the bottom line of what she is looking at.

I'm sure she get a weekly status rpt from Kelli as to how camp is going.

Also - even though the DCC is too often the center of discussion , It's probably one of many things Charlotte juggles and is responsible for  day-to-day. In other words , Charlotte worries about the brand of the Cowboys , which just happens to include the DCC. The NFL does many things brand-wise off season. This whole 100 year celebration and the Crucial Catch are just two examples.

The cowboys brand is also why I don't get overly upset when they show little segments like cooking in the kitchen where the players eat, showing off the gym facilities. the constant mention of the 1st 60 yrd flat-screen, or the tour of their luxury boxes. All of that goes to the brand of the Cowboys.... Has any other club showed off the same ? or even have the same? We just had the superbowl and I don't think anyone is televising the Falcon's kitchen/cafeteria..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 13
On 10/13/2019 at 8:16 AM, bwalker048 said:

It was only a matter of time before one of them snapped on camera like that. Having to be so complacent and "yes ma'am"  yourself to death must be exhausting. Not to mention turning your head and staying quiet when the politics of the team swirl around you. While I hate that Cianna was caught in the crossfire, I was intrigued by Julia's reaction. I feel like there is a possibility I would have reacted the same way. Not because I am unprofessional or have a horrible attitude, but because I can only take so much before I hit a wall and I lose my grace. Even knowing what it could cost me in the moment but knowing what I will retain in the long run. With the way the rest of the girls seem to feel about Julia as a person, this very well may have been what happened in this instance. 

Thank you for being real. So many are drinking the kool-aid which is condoning what Kelli and Judy are doing. They wanted to keep Meredith (who I like by the way since last year) but she’s been messing up and Julia looked stellar from my limited knowledge. This is first time I’ve noticed the politics  of DCC and it’s quite disappointing. 

• Love 16
18 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

Ok, so the first half hour, I was flipping back and forth between DCC:MTT. and RuPaul’s Drag Race UK. Did anyone count the awkward voiceovers that attempted to address the issues we’ve brought up in this forum? (And now I kinda wanna see Kat & Meredith lip sync FOR THEIR LIFE.)

Kat could do it 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, salease said:

Thank you for being real. So many are drinking the kool-aid which is condoning what Kelli and Judy are doing. They wanted to keep Meredith (who I like by the way since last year) but she’s been messing up and Julia looked stellar from my limited knowledge. This is first time I’ve noticed the politics  of DCC and it’s quite disappointing. 

I would really love to be in the room as the girls are watching this season back. For Kat and Meredith - it must be embarrassing to be given so many obvious chances. For people like Julia- it must be infuriating. Now, I do believe it was valid to cut her for the media blunder. But to make it seem like it was dance is ridiculous when you compare her to the ones still making mistakes (Kat, Meredith, Kristin and even Victoria stumbled obviously in the triangle formation).  For all the other girls - I wonder if the dynamics bother them at all. I imagine it does. 

• Love 13

I don't see how Julia was treated that badly, compared to everyone else (the training camp process is ridiculous). I like her just fine and would've been fine with her making it, but her cut does not even come to being one of the more egregious examples or unfairness or politics in the DCC world through the years. Even this season, Shaina has more reason to be mad than Julia, and Kelli was meaner to both Jalyn and Madeline, IMO.

I gather that Julia is a lovely person and well-liked among people who know her, but as someone who doesn't know her, she didn't come off like she is the sharpest tool in the shed on the show, and the conspiracy theories (Lisa got her cut; the NBC anchor set her up at media day) have not panned out. Beyond the absurdity of cutting girls at the eleventh hour, which they need to stop, Julia's cut seemed fairly standard to me. Meredith is basically the only one who I definitely would've cut over her.  

• Love 19

I rewatched this episode today.   Victoria's response to Kelly's question of how she felt was really very mature and eloquent.  I don't know how she did it but VK is nothing like the girl that was shown last year.  She really is the DCC package.  No matter how she got there.

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

OMG. A mashup of those two shows would be hilarious! But as @dariafan said, Kat would win because even if you don't think she's the best dancer she's entertaining and has a ton of charisma. Meredith would be awkward and boring. She's a beauty, but she's dull as dishwater.

source.gif

• Love 10
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I rewatched this episode today.   Victoria's response to Kelly's question of how she felt was really very mature and eloquent.  I don't know how she did it but VK is nothing like the girl that was shown last year.  She really is the DCC package.  No matter how she got there.

Her lines seem to be fairly scripted this season. It isn’t just her though. 

Edited by Fwcowboysfan
  • Love 13
22 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

OK how the heck do I delete all of the above BUT "Miss Gabby is in the video"?  I've been trying to edit this thing for 10 minutes!!! Also I CANNOT see from the video WHY they cut Gabby!!!!!

She trimmed up for calendar then gained it all back 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

Her lines seem to be fairly scripted this season. It isn’t just her though. 

When the production company said they wanted to get "inside the girls conversation" - it meant, we are scripting the show this year.  "We want to show their empowerment" means we are editing like crazy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

from 2

Her figure is just so...unfortunate.   She’s built like a box and it’s really distracting to watch.  
Beautiful dance technique though - like really excellent legs, feet and shoulders when she dances - she has had good ballet training.   Her face and smile are gorgeous too.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 12
23 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

And I guess she wasn't a favorite that they let slide on weight year after year... Ha 

• Love 1

I think Meredith is beautiful and obviously a well-trained dancer, but her style is very fluid and not as sharp and powerful as needed for the DCC style.  I would’ve cut her in the second or third week, told her to spend a year in power pom and hip hop classes, and then come back next year.  I think she could ultimately be a rock star on this team, but she’s just not there yet.  I do think she has improved a lot during training camp, but she’s not there yet. 

I feel similarly about Kat. She’s also gorgeous, has a big personality, and has more power on the field than Meredith, but her lack of dance training shows and she’s also still having lots of memory mistakes.  She, too, has improved a lot but I still don’t think she’s field ready.  With a year of dance classes under her belt, I think she could really be something special.  

I think both of them are really going to struggle this year.  I would’ve cut them both weeks ago and hoped to see them back next year.  

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

from 2

No, to all of this.  I can see now why Meredith has struggled so much with the choreography, she has never done Pom Style dance and it shows.  She should have never made the team over Shaina. 

• Love 9

Taken from the video dcc mtt put on facebook, the difference in facials between Victoria and Kat 😬. For all her faults Victoria has the look, even in an action still, while Kat is just constantly missing the mark

20191020_160344.jpg

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Taken from the video dcc mtt put on facebook, the difference in facials between Victoria and Kat 😬. For all her faults Victoria has the look, even in an action still, while Kat is just constantly missing the mark

20191020_160344.jpg

Yeah.  Facials are so important when it comes to entertainment factor for something like DCC.  I was noticing that Gina, who has excellent dance technique and pop, makes some really off-putting facials in that show group performance of the fake hip hop dance - I seriously wonder if that’s why she isn’t front 3 in the triangle.  Bad facials are the worst.

• Love 3