Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, kalibean said:

I used to analyze demographics as part of building knowledge on our customer base, so I love that kind of stuff!

I completely forgot about Jasmine!! Absolutely a blender, but still always a surprise when a multi year vet gets cut. I don’t feel like we’ve seen that happen often since the show began. Raylee had two years when she was cut, right? No one else is coming to mind. 

Keyra had a lot of really good friends on the team, so that might have helped get her a second look...and she was so powerful for her rookie class. I remember thinking that was a weaker group, with little heather (sorry, I know she’s popular here), Allie, Milan, etc. I think in other years she would have been passed over for a taller girl with a slimmer build vs her gymnast build. Bc that’s what Kelli seems to prefer. Even her shorties have long, slim legs for their size. 

Keyra wasn’t apart of that rookie group. She was with Gina, Lauren, Lexie, Kalyssa, Tara, etc. 

Since the show started, the 2+ year vets that were cut, besides Jasmine and Raylee, have been Erika, Selina, Caila Sims, Alex Hermes, Amy Reese, and Cori Robinson. 

I was expecting more 2+ year cuts his year as I think many of the 3 year vets are weak for being on the team this long. Kelli needs to be replaced because dancers like Christina, Savannah, Miranda, Molly, Alexis, Taylor J, Madeline M, Amy, Tess, Meredith, Kat, and Victoria are not “world class.” They have all not known when to retire or should not have made the team at all imo. Now I actually really like most of them but I’m ready for them all to be done after this year.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, klopie said:

Keyra wasn’t apart of that rookie group. She was with Gina, Lauren, Lexie, Kalyssa, Tara, etc. 

Since the show started, the 2+ year vets that were cut, besides Jasmine and Raylee, have been Erika, Selina, Caila Sims, Alex Hermes, Amy Reese, and Cori Robinson. 

I was expecting more 2+ year cuts his year as I think many of the 3 year vets are weak for being on the team this long. Kelli needs to be replaced because dancers like Christina, Savannah, Miranda, Molly, Alexis, Taylor J, Madeline M, Amy, Tess, Meredith, Kat, and Victoria are not “world class.” They have all not known when to retire or should not have made the team at all imo. Now I actually really like most of them but I’m ready for them all to be done after this year.

These ladies you mentioned saying they aren’t world class have you seen them preform in real time ? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, PattiD4DCC said:

Very interesting article. Thank you for sharing! Wouldn't the "best of the best" love to have this many talented dancers from whom to choose?!  Even with the much stricter prerequisites to try out for Rockettes they had about 800 more candidates than DCC (which I realize they said was an anomaly this year). With the rapidly shrinking pool of candidates for DCC -- whether caused by the show, irrelevancy or some other factor -- TPTB are lucky to form a decent squad of any color (and have they this year?)  much less a diverse one. 

From the article: "Of nearly 950 wannabes who tried out this year, only 13 newcomers were hired — but that was the most at one time in nearly two decades, a spokeswoman said. Candidates must be proficient in tap, jazz and ballet, 5’6” to 5’10 in height, and at least 18 years old."

Being a Rockette and being a DCC is like night and day.  Rockettes are contracted through a union and have union protection.  They make about $1500 a week during the season PLUS they have year round benefits.  During the season it's a full time job, so they're not working or going to school like a DCC then spending every evening in rehearsal.  They're making anywhere between $35-40K per year and then they usually teach or perform with other groups during off season.  That's a pretty damn good salary for a dancer.  Honestly I think the reason why the pool of auditioning dancers has dropped so low is because highly trained dancers are not going to want much to do with a situation like DCC where they're making very little money dancing a no brainer style and being constantly micromanaged like a child.  There are so many more opportunities for dancers now.  Of course you're always going to have young women who are being supported by their parents or husband who for whatever reason think the Be All and End All is being a DCC (cough VK).  

Sorry I just realized my post pretty much said the same thing as another.  

Edited by DanceProf
  • Love 16

Thanks for the correction on Keyra!  She had a strong rookie class...they must have been super hopeful about some of the rookies that came in when Keyra was cut.  Because that's the batch that was so weak, and then several were cut the next year.

I thought this year's batch of rookies would be beyond killer, with all of the Mavericks gals trying out, but hey what do I know?  

Even though the number trying out has dropped dramatically, I wonder if the number of quality candidates coming through has remained relatively static.  For those strong dancers wanting to remain in Dallas, opportunities to dance are even smaller.  For those who wanted to try out for fun or a "bucket list", they now know they'll be mocked for trying so don't bother.  I show might be scaring away some, but I think it's attracting quite a bit as well.  

• Love 2
On 10/22/2019 at 7:21 AM, ByTor said:

People are speculating that Meredith saying she was happy to see Charlotte there means that she knows her & has an in with her.  I honestly think she made it for the same reason Morgan did, mistakes galore, but Kelli likes her look.

The only fault in this theory, is that Alexadra's family also is very connected to the Cowboys organization, and she has not made it yet after 5 years. She also has only made it to TC once. Thoughts??

• Useful 1
On 10/23/2019 at 10:19 AM, OK Lucy said:

Rockettes are professional dancers and are treated as such. They belong to a union and receive a negotiated salary. Their contracts are seasonal, and they earn around $40K for the September-January season but get benefits year round. In the very competitive NYC dance market, that is a good deal. They can teach or do gig work off season and still have benefits. 

Contrast that with NFL dancers in general, who had to sue to get the teams to offer anything but token pay to their dancers, and it’s still very low. Does anyone know if DCC get benefits? If they do it is certainly not year round. 

The difference might help to explain the difference in number of applicants applying. The Rockettes are professionals, and the DCC are treated as part time hobbyists even though they are held to professional dance standards.

Excellent comparison!! When you think about it, football season is about the same length as the Rockettes performance season and football probably rakes in more money then the Rockettes. You would think that given how much the Cowboys organization makes, they could pay more for the Cheerleaders, particularly when it comes to health benefits. Kelli herself commented in the last episode about their high-impact style of dance (its certainly more high impact than the Rockettes) and how it results in lots of injuries. Those injuries more often than not end up requiring you to rest, get surgery & physical therapy to name a few things. Personally if the Cowboys are going to ask these dancers to put their bodies through a lot to learn high-impact dances & risk injury to look professional, they could at least pay them a professional salary.

Edited by Bellisima08
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, AAT said:

The only fault in this theory, is that Alexadra's family also is very connected to the Cowboys organization, and she has not made it yet after 5 years. She also has only made it to TC once. Thoughts??

I can’t place this Alexandra. Which year did she make TC? Thanks

Edited by Trixi
6 hours ago, KickPretty said:

IDK the appropriate place to put this is, so I’m putting it here because we talk a lot about “DCC fat” here.

This cute Raiderette is gorgeous and clearly curvy!  She looks good in her uniform and I’d love to have her body.... but she’d never make it into training camp because she’s “soft” ☹️☹️☹️ But she’s not messy fat at all.  She just has curves and no thigh gap, but I’m here for it!  #curvygirlsrock

1BDC3D7F-47E1-41BB-AE57-C72DA847344E.jpeg

She's gorgeous!

• Love 9
8 hours ago, KickPretty said:

IDK the appropriate place to put this is, so I’m putting it here because we talk a lot about “DCC fat” here.

This cute Raiderette is gorgeous and clearly curvy!  She looks good in her uniform and I’d love to have her body.... but she’d never make it into training camp because she’s “soft” ☹️☹️☹️ But she’s not messy fat at all.  She just has curves and no thigh gap, but I’m here for it!  #curvygirlsrock

She's gorgeous. Healthy!!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Do they really have to do a picture with Cassie's daughter every year?!!! Lol and why only her daughter? And how do the girls feel about it? I think I'd be a little annoyed. Like what is the point? It's kind of weird.... She's a cute kid, bit still. 

It's not so much that she's Cassie's daughter but Judy's granddaughter.  Remember...back in the day a squad photo was taken with baby/toddler Cassie in it.

And can I talk about how this photo is annoying me?  It looks like Brennan is shoved between Meredith & Alanna but on the other side there's a big space between Kristin & Madeline.  Jalyn looks shoved between Briana & Christina, but there's a big space between Cianna & Amber.  And then you have Taylor & Hannah waaayyyy off to the side doing their own thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Do they really have to do a picture with Cassie's daughter every year?!!! Lol and why only her daughter? And how do the girls feel about it? I think I'd be a little annoyed. Like what is the point? It's kind of weird.... She's a cute kid, bit still. 

Most of the girls think it's ridiculous, but of course can do little more than roll their eyes.  It's a source of great amusement behind the scenes of the perks that "Princess Cassie" gets.  The story of her USO tour is also quite a popular topic of conversation.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
On 7/3/2019 at 3:52 PM, TinyHands said:

Remember Kaitlyn LaRae? After Kelli sent instructions that no one should go tanning before cameos, she ignored her and went anyway and looked orange and horrible. And they didn’t cut her and she made the squad. 

She ended up getting cut mid-season because she put on so much weight, but that was a glaring red flag that Kelli and Judy just looked the other way on.

Why didn't they show her getting cut like they showed Hannah, Tara, or Chelsea? 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

#WorldClassMyAss

Maybe they were matching the formation of their poms - also in a crazy, uneven line.

22 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Christina was kept in the back to keep her bad boob job from being too obvious.

Oh, I can still see 'em. The boobs will not be denied.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 10/23/2019 at 1:14 PM, KickPretty said:

I think she looks good. There are some men who like women with a "little meat on their bones" as my hubs would say.

Edited by bjo1969
  • Love 8

The difference might help to explain the difference in number of applicants applying. The Rockettes are professionals, and the DCC are treated as part time hobbyists even though they are held to professional dance standards.

The only person who doesn't get this is Kelli.  

• Love 7
7 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Most of the girls think it's ridiculous, but of course can do little more than roll their eyes.  It's a source of great amusement behind the scenes of the perks that "Princess Cassie" gets.  The story of her USO tour is also quite a popular topic of conversation.

I think it's more "Judy's granddaughter" than "Princess Cassie." If/when Kelli gets a granddaughter, she'll be right there, too.

. . . And FTLOG let the USO Tour die . . . talk about a dead horse . . . 😆😅😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
On 10/23/2019 at 12:13 PM, Holly85 said:

These ladies you mentioned saying they aren’t world class have you seen them preform in real time ? 

Definitely should have put that my impression is 100% based on videos. I’d love to see them real time to see if my impression changes. I have been able to watch them in a few full performances on video and I’m always underwhelmed by them compared to the girls dancing next to them. I do think they’re good dancers and wasn’t surprised when many of them initially made it. I guess I just expected greater improvement once they became vets.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, blairwaldorf said:

Every time they say something like “There are no obvious cuts” and “this is such a tough decision” and then cut to a clip that shows Meredith dancing, it reminds me of that SNL skit where Patrick Swayze and Chris Farley are trying out to be Chippendale’s dancers.

Yes yes yes yes!! 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, klopie said:

Definitely should have put that my impression is 100% based on videos. I’d love to see them real time to see if my impression changes. I have been able to watch them in a few full performances on video and I’m always underwhelmed by them compared to the girls dancing next to them. I do think they’re good dancers and wasn’t surprised when many of them initially made it. I guess I just expected greater improvement once they became vets.

In my opinion I feel like they are much better in person then in videos 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

I feel like Alexis looks out of place.  I wish they would of kept Kristin's hair darker like last  year.

I feel like this HAND looks out of place. I know this is weird and random, but I noticed it and cannot for the life of me figure out who it belongs to or where it is coming from (maybe Miranda? It just seems unnatural?). 

I’m picturing some poor soul who has fallen and is trapped in a sea of blue and white desperately trying to reach for help.

Please help me and/or this trapped person. 

UPDATE: I just got off the couch and tried to recreate this pose. Turns out it is more natural when standing than it is when attempted from couch potato position. 

**Cancel the search party**

Note to self: pose before you post.

3EDA80C3-7EA0-46EB-BF46-4B28A40677CC.jpeg

73917E68-C0FC-4F70-BB5F-AF125C073100.jpeg

Edited by Kaelha
  • LOL 16

There’s a new clip on dcc making the team IG showing Charlotte giving her views about all the TCCs. Shockingly, she loooooves Victoria 🙄. The way she says only 36 girls on the field explains how they get by with having 37 girls. 

Also saw poor Brennan’s house was pretty damaged by the tornado and she had to send her dog, Finn, to Oklahoma until power comes back on and damage is fixed. 

17 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Amen to this! I mean yes, she's an adorable kid, but these ladies have been posing and taking this picture all day and they don't want it to do for any longer then they have to. I'm sure all they want to do is get off their feet and up from their knees and go home, Its not right for Judy & Cassie to make them take extra time to do this photo. I'm hoping this little girl wakes up one day and realizes she has options other than carrying on the legacy.

• Love 15

I’m probably in the minority but I feel like it’s not exactly an imposition to pose with the granddaughter of their Choreographer. It doesn’t seem like the girls mind and I doubt any of them are petty enough to care when asked to do so. The girls all seem to like Judy. They all pose happily with each of the guest choreographers that visit.  It’s basically the same thing. I don’t think it has anything to do with Cassie. Maybe she wasn’t even there. Judy could have brought the kids with her. 

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, DCCobsessed said:

There’s a new clip on dcc making the team IG showing Charlotte giving her views about all the TCCs. Shockingly, she loooooves Victoria 🙄. The way she says only 36 girls on the field explains how they get by with having 37 girls. 

Also saw poor Brennan’s house was pretty damaged by the tornado and she had to send her dog, Finn, to Oklahoma until power comes back on and damage is fixed. 

Legit I am beyond over Veruca if anyone knows TPTB puhlease tell them we get it you love her, she's the second coming and they'll never be another DCC up to her caliber... what TPTB should understand is that all the forcing of her down our throats is actually counterproductive to some of us. Its making me dislike her more and more. Enough already... #illegitimateDCC 

• Love 19
20 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Legit I am beyond over Veruca if anyone knows TPTB puhlease tell them we get it you love her, she's the second coming and they'll never be another DCC up to her caliber... what TPTB should understand is that all the forcing of her down our throats is actually counterproductive to some of us. Its making me dislike her more and more. Enough already... #illegitimateDCC 

It will b interesting in the coming seasons. Usually its all about the rookies and u rarely get to see many of the vets. Bet that all changes next year. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Trixi said:

It will b interesting in the coming seasons. Usually its all about the rookies and u rarely get to see many of the vets. Bet that all changes next year. 

If the Veruca Fest continues next year i have to bow out, i can't take another season of it i just can't... 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Can someone please PM me the unedited photo.  Thanks.

Since the edited person is front and center, I imagine the missing person is VK! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

From Sam Finglass (click here):  “I had to listen to the audience and the communities that were already online, and listen to what was doing well,” she said. “The goal was to capture the lives of the cheerleaders — things the TV wasn’t capturing — and learn how to make the same content different and exciting and new.” 

I wonder if we have another "insider" among us? 🙂

3 minutes ago, PattiD4DCC said:

Couldn't resist, but if you want the real, real of this it's on Cassie's instagram.

Updated squad photo.jpg

You're horrible! Hehehe!  BTW thx.  And yes it's who I thought/expected it was 🙂

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
editing issues
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4