Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

16 hours ago, hathorlive said:

Wow.  I guess learning how to apply layers of make up can make ANY of us DCC pretty.  Those are some pretty shocking bare looks.

Thank you. Yes, we can all be certified 9s and 10s. 

I expect this to be an unpopular opinion but aside from Amanda I couldn't pick the rest of these girls out of a line up based on their bare faced looks. They look drastically different. Not unattractive in the least but just like totally different people. 

5 hours ago, Lona said:

Should've never been cut. Shouldn't have even been a thought. Especially not when TPTB's next "strongest" candidates were Meredith and Kat.

My thoughts exactly. If Maddie can be up there looking soft, so can Gabby. One standard for all...I know I'm asking for too much. 

• Love 13
On 10/13/2019 at 7:41 AM, ByTor said:

LOL that's sure what it looks like!

Please .... we all know CMT camera crew are notorious for tattling and stirring the pot and I have no doubt someone from that crew showed K&J that footage .... 🙄 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

I love the camping pics! Who is between Kelli and Charlotte’s daughter on Kelli’s insta? I recognized everyone else. 

The no make-up and warm snuggly clothes were delightful to see. I can hear my momma (and grandma) fussing at me to put my lips on tho 😂 Even on a dry shampoo, messy bun, yoga pants day I’ve got my lips on. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, smitty97 said:

I haven’t been on here in a while because I was trying to avoid spoilers. 😊. Just surprised there is still so much backlash against Victoria.  Assuming most of y’all don’t know her personally, she is a beautiful dancer and seems much more mature and poised this year.  I might be in the minority, but I think she deserves her spot on the team and on SG. 

I am right there with you on the minority I think VK made a great comeback this year ... now duck for incoming comments LOL !!!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, kerrieway said:

Thank you. Yes, we can all be certified 9s and 10s. 

I expect this to be an unpopular opinion but aside from Amanda I couldn't pick the rest of these girls out of a line up based on their bare faced looks. They look drastically different. Not unattractive in the least but just like totally different people. 

My thoughts exactly. If Maddie can be up there looking soft, so can Gabby. One standard for all...I know I'm asking for too much. 

Maddie did not have weight warnings all season long during her rookie year unlike Gabby .... Maddie is a 4th year and this so she gets a little time to get it together  .. K&J know where she can get to .  Dont get me wrong I liked Gabby but comparing the two situations is apples and oranges.  

• Love 13

I still remained confused by the Gabby cut when I think of it. I found her absolutely beautiful, so one of those girls who “upped” the attractiveness of the team, if that’s what they’re doing with Meredith/Kat. Even with weight warning, I thought she filled that “beautiful girl” role. Plus she was a good performer who got noticed, at least according to either K or J last training camp (can’t remember who).

• Love 24
On 10/12/2019 at 5:56 PM, notaDCCinsider said:

I think Amanda loves dancing and is doing it for the TV exposure, opposed to fame. I mean, what DCC is really that FAMOUS, outside of the Dallas/CMT realm? Melissa is more famous for the Bachelor and DWTS.

Brandi Redmond RHOD

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, lah715 said:

I am right there with you on the minority I think VK made a great comeback this year ... now duck for incoming comments LOL !!!!!

I think that the issues LAH715, are less about Victoria’s actual capabilities (she has toned up, and she is keeping up with the dances) but more about the nepotism.

Would Victoria have made the team as she is now?
I say almost everyone would have to respond with yes.

Should Victoria have made Show Group?

I say a lot of people would have responded with no.

The question that really matters is:

Is Victoria one of the best cheerleaders that ever put on the uniform and are we, the people, lucky to be living in the same era as her?

Because this is what we, the people, are almost being coerced into believing. And we, if I may speak for us, the people, don’t like that too much!

I actually like Victoria, because I like real people. A phony person, trying to project intelligence or sophistication, would never jump for the center for every photo opportunity.

Victoria Kalina is a real person and she loves her family. I love that!

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, PhillyFan said:

I still remained confused by the Gabby cut when I think of it. I found her absolutely beautiful, so one of those girls who “upped” the attractiveness of the team, if that’s what they’re doing with Meredith/Kat. Even with weight warning, I thought she filled that “beautiful girl” role. Plus she was a good performer who got noticed, at least according to either K or J last training camp (can’t remember who).

I know she didn't show up in top form, but I was pretty surprised that she wasn't at least invited back to TC. She could certainly out dance Meredith or Kat and although she was on ww, she didn't look any bigger than some current DCCs. I think if TPTB wanted her on the team, she would have gotten a Jay/Jinelle type of intervention that so many other TCC were afforded. She's a beautiful girl and would have helped fill the diversity void. I can only guess that she did something to get on Kelli's S-list. Maybe she didn't "yes ma'am" hard enough. We all know by now there's no clear rhyme or reason why someone makes the team. Smh, Gabby and Tara are a couple of the ones that got away.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

I totally forgot about the Julia/Lisa feud.  I agree, from what we've seen, it really makes you wonder who was at fault there.

I know it was covered on here. Can you either point me to the correct page or recount it?

15 hours ago, Holly85 said:

24F1CBF7-1947-4736-BE0C-9D820759B9C2.jpeg

If... VK is a problem with her team mates, I’m starting to think she gets pushed into the middle of the photos so that no one gets in trouble for not letting her in the picture or for pushing her to the back 😉

• Useful 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

I think that the issues LAH715, are less about Victoria’s actual capabilities (she has toned up, and she is keeping up with the dances) but more about the nepotism.

Would Victoria have made the team as she is now?
I say almost everyone would have to respond with yes.

Should Victoria have made Show Group?

I say a lot of people would have responded with no.

The question that really matters is:

Is Victoria one of the best cheerleaders that ever put on the uniform and are we, the people, lucky to be living in the same era as her?

Because this is what we, the people, are almost being coerced into believing. And we, if I may speak for us, the people, don’t like that too much!

I actually like Victoria, because I like real people. A phony person, trying to project intelligence or sophistication, would never jump for the center for every photo opportunity.

Victoria Kalina is a real person and she loves her family. I love that!

Love love love your post 🙂

I dont think Victoria is the best but she is not the worst either ....

and I dont think she would be on the team if 

1 Could not fit the uniform

2. Could not dance.

(last year was proof of that)

Kalina is no different that any other person that "may" have used an association to open a door for their child ...   Kalina was a DCC and her kid went through camp growing up of course there is a tie.... she doesnt have that high of clout to be demanding things.

Guess what irks me about complaining of special treatment is we all do it in all sorts of ways and on difference scales in life ... this just happens to be on camera .....  (how many parents use their co workers to donate or the dreadful purchase candy magazine etc to meet a quota for their kid - cant tell you how many times that has happened to me over the years and I have bought this stuff ... or hear about someone that was able to get their kid an interview that may have not been possible on his/her own ? 

But again everyone has an opinion about VK and her Mom and this is a message board... so its all good 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

The fact Julia’s outfit — an outfit a grown woman is wearing that covers everything one would reasonably say should be covered — is being dissected and used against her is the best reason out there for her “Fuck this”.

I think some women like Julia sign up to try out for the team, get in the deep of it, and realize it is this weird Texas shit show some girls are trained up to from birth. They either adjust and stick around (Danielle), decide to cash out (Alexandria) or just say the “Fuck this” out loud what everyone who is not a Texas or Texas adjacent (OK or Louisiana) dancer is already thinking.

Julia said what lots of those girls think. Some of them are just way too desperate and without options to verbalize it.

Is there anything to suggest that Julia is not still 100% drinking the DCC kool-aid? Some people just cuss a lot. I’m not sure her “F this” is all that indicative of anything. The girl was a weepy mess in the office in last week’s episode and may well be again when she gets cut next week. I’m all for the DCCs realizing that there are other, better opportunities out there and walking away, but I’m not sure we have that in this case. This just seems to be the case of a girl saying some dumb things in interviews (things that shouldn’t be said in an interview in any job, not just DCC) and got upset. I don’t really see anything more or deep there.

(To be clear, I don’t care about her outfit. I think it was ugly but not inappropriate or something that should have bearing on a job. So, I’m not concerned with that.)

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

Is there anything to suggest that Julia is not still 100% drinking the DCC kool-aid? Some people just cuss a lot. I’m not sure her “F this” is all that indicative of anything. The girl was a weepy mess in the office in last week’s episode and may well be again when she gets cut next week. I’m all for the DCCs realizing that there are other, better opportunities out there and walking away, but I’m not sure we have that in this case. This just seems to be the case of a girl saying some dumb things in interviews (things that shouldn’t be said in an interview in any job, not just DCC) and got upset. I don’t really see anything more or deep there.

(To be clear, I don’t care about her outfit. I think it was ugly but not inappropriate or something that should have bearing on a job. So, I’m not concerned with that.)

To me Julia shows one side when getting what she wants and people are watching and has a very different side when she thinks no one is watching  .... she got caught on camera. I think this and the fact the guy who did the podcast basically told K&J he would have cut her right then.  She definitely has two sides -the on tv air happy go lucky girl and then the real Julia who is ambitious and yes will use this as a stepping stone to bigger things... she strikes me as someone that feeds on constant camera/public attention. broadcasters usually are or they would not do it.

• Love 8
On 10/12/2019 at 3:56 PM, glossy said:

Really failing to see Meredith's "beauty" and this uniform is only emphasizing her boxiness. She's literally a rectangle.

Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 3.29.14 PM.png

Holy schmokes! She does not look good in the uniform at all! The bottoms esp look like a square. Looking bad in the uni gets most girls cut. Kelli, Kelli, Kelli what r u thinking lately🤔

• Love 18
29 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Holy schmokes! She does not look good in the uniform at all! The bottoms esp look like a square. Looking bad in the uni gets most girls cut. Kelli, Kelli, Kelli what r u thinking lately🤔

She has a short torso so they fixed the uniform and did a re-shoot which came out better ...

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Meredith making the team is up there with Emily in season 7 as being nonsensical, but at least Emily seemed like she could hold a conversation and get through an interview. Meredith has been pretty awful at everything, including cameo pictures, beautiful face aside. 

• Love 17

Meredith still seems like she is slow to speak and react like she was last year during Finals at Interviews.  It makes me wonder a few things . . . or if that is who she just really is . . .

And even though I haven't watched this season . . . the clips are interesting . . . I raised my eyebrows with Julia and her podcast response and her words after  . . .

Edited by rl27rl
1 hour ago, Trixi said:

And look who’s front and center🤨

Probably why she is eyeballing point - doesn't have to do with being a leader on and off the field, proving she is a dancer K&J can trust.  It's just a better photo op.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Probably why she is eyeballing point - doesn't have to do with being a leader on and off the field, proving she is a dancer K&J can trust.  It's just a better photo op.

I think VK would make a great point.  Wouldn’t surprise me if she is it the season after next.   She’s a really good dancer and pretty, and her priorities are with the DCC, not elsewhere.   And she does have leadership potential cause she speaks up and is engaged in things (doesn’t sit in a corner afraid to speak or do things) - just needs to mature some more cause she’s only 19. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, lah715 said:

They sure did gloss over Bridget passing out.  I hope she is not doing anything dangerous to keep her weight in check to please K&J 😯

There was some talk that she was on WW last year IIRC.

Another slip-up by Meredith...last week when they practiced the triangle and Kat specifically was called out for leaning over the wrong direction, and then Kat's mistake was highlighted for us to see, did anyone else notice that Meredith did the very same thing?  Meredith then slyly and quickly changed directions while she was down..., but no call out for her mistake as well??   More favoritism?? 🤔 

Honestly, I am now beginning to think that because she WAS chosen as a favor for someone, K&J are trying to show us how much she improved over the course of camp so that it seems like she really deserves her spot...  

Poor Meredith, her whining has not stopped, and she never acts happy,  just keeps saying "more stress for me...."  😑

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Kat looked stunningly stunning in the cameo shoot and her dancing has really improved.  I guess it was just memory issues for her.  All the girls seem to love her.  If they can polish her interview skills, she will be the perfect DCC.

Poor Bridget.  Was Kelli's reaction because she fainted before?   She put her head down like "not again."  If that's not the case, then Kelli was really being an unsupportive witch right there. 

• Love 15

Long time reader, but first time poster. I have a question… Is Gina not in any DCC calendars? I’m trying to enlarge the sideline calendar, because I thought at least she should be in that one.    But I don’t see her. That seems to me completely unfair. 

5 hours ago, lah715 said:

Maddie did not have weight warnings all season long during her rookie year unlike Gabby .... Maddie is a 4th year and this so she gets a little time to get it together  .. K&J know where she can get to .  Dont get me wrong I liked Gabby but comparing the two situations is apples and oranges.  

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware Gabby was on weight warning her first season. That does tell me that they were lenient on Gabby before. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, WalkDoll said:

Long time reader, but first time poster. I have a question… Is Gina not in any DCC calendars? I’m trying to enlarge the sideline calendar, because I thought at least she should be in that one.    But I don’t see her. That seems to me completely unfair. 

Not sure abt the small one she may be in that one She isn’t in the big one 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Weeklydcc said:

Kelli referred to Kaitlyn as a dingbat.   If that's my daughter, sister or friend, I might be inclined to discourage her from going back.

Omg! I had forgotten about that! One time of many where Kelli didn’t live up to the standards she professes the DCC holds dear. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, lah715 said:

To be fair, Maddie has had issues with her weight for a while now. Not sure if she was in ww in her rookie season, but definitely has been ever since.

• Love 6

Discussion of the episodes should happen in the episode threads. 

Discussion of past seasons should happen in the Past Seasons thread.

This topic is for spoilers. 

Posts that don't belong here will be removed, and if it continues, there won't be a spoiler thread.  Consider this fair warning.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, AnotherSadLove said:

Who was the blonde with the long hair that Kelli spoke with about how good her pics looked?

Her body is out of this world.

Taylor P. There was a pic of her recently doing kick line/jump splits and she sure did not look very good in the uniform in that pic. 

• Love 2

Well, someone's cookbook shot to #1 on Amazon and they are out of stock for a few days:)

We won't see Kitty, but will we see Jay this season other than judging?  Any insiders hear if he is still welcome to appear on the show?