Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, dccmttfan said:

Anyone can do a screen grab where someone looks unflattering.  There is an unflattering photo of Gina from last week and Gina is one of the best dancers on the team. This comparison isn't fair. 

Actually I noticed Gina’s bad facials in the episode during the hip hop dance - and it wasn’t just a split second from a screen grab.  She may be one of, if not the, best dancer on the team, but she needs to work on her facials.  They can have a grunty/growly and angry vibe to them and it’s not fun to watch.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, dccmttfan said:

Even with Kat's "bad" face she's still smiling and looks great.  I did a screen grab from the same video.  Kat's face is better than Victoria's here.  Do you see how silly the comparison is?

screengrab.JPG

While I agree snap shots arent always great comparison. To me Kats facials are so over exagerated that it becomes off putting. To be honest I find Gina the same.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Looking at those grabs of Kat & Vic, maybe I'm not detail oriented enough, but I think on both grabs they both look like they have what Kelli calls "pleasant smiles."

Same. I think we are getting a bit nit picky. Or maybe I’m just missing something. 😂😂😂😂

• Love 13
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Same. I think we are getting a bit nit picky. Or maybe I’m just missing something. 😂😂😂😂

Those two could shit gold bricks and it wouldn’t be right. I agree with you. Far worse people to find fault with over worse things. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Victoria bobbled in the last episode during the opening triangle formation (when Julia was still in it). They didn't call it out but  I was surprised it was aired. My point is that Victoria did deserve to make this team,  but she's human. All these dancers make mistakes here and there. They all make bad facials here and there. We see some more than others.

The show is focusing on Meredith and Kat but we really do not know how the others are doing because we aren't shown everything. That all being said, it's very apparent that Meredith has a boxy figure and an unorthodox DCC style when looking at her demo reel. She's the one TCC I don't fully understand. However, Kelli loves her and it's clear that Meredith has put in a huge amount of hard work. So I can't fault Kelli for having a heart.

• Love 4
On 10/18/2019 at 3:48 PM, UT2004gal said:

Did anyone see the latest IG post from the DCC that’s a picture of Maddie? Ashlee comments on the post calling Maddie her Captain. Is Maddie her group leader or is Maddie considered the Captain of the team? (and not Amy)

I don’t know about Captain or anything.  But I do know that when the DCC IG features “point” they seem to feature Maddie in that position over Amy 🤷🏽‍♀️😂.  Which I prefer, I think Maddie is so cute and really does come across as genuine and real all the time.

• Love 15
17 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

from 2

I've been a Meredith fan since last season and this is why. If you don't hear her talk, she's a great dancer and stunning too. Her figure is boxy though.

If she can be one of those girls who gets stronger as the year goes on and improve her hip hop, she'll be on show group. Her ballet/contemporary technique is better than many on show group currently.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

Gina needs to stop with the skinny edit. Unattractive and sends a bad message. Plus she looks emaciated.

I know we’ve all been speaking of Meredith and all her flaws - but she does look really pretty in the background of that photo.  Gina, otoh, looks like a mess - bad facials, bad hair, too skinny.   Eesh.   And here she was the one that posted it - like she thinks it’s a “good” photo.   Hmmm.  

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AAT said:

What I found the most annoying about the last episode, is TK, and how immature she acts!!! I mean, who stands up and does the dance along with her daughter???? What an embarrassment. It just goes to show how being a DCC was the only thing in her life she actually accomplished, and she can't move past it. Now she's living through VK!! 

I got a little of a "rub it in the viewer's face" vibe from that jig she did in the stands.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Matilda said:

I don't know the woman, so I don't want to say it's the only thing she's ever accomplished because life is long and some of our best accomplishments are never known. Now stepping off my soap box, ITA that TK IS SO CRINGEY, providing enough second hand embarrassment for women every where in 2019. I totally GET being a damn proud mama, but sit in that seat in a stylish blazer and happily beam and clap. This is your daughter's day, not yours! 

You are right. She may have had many accomplishments in her life, but she seems to only focus on the fact that she was a DCC. I am drawing that conclusion from seeing social media posts etc. from her past until now. Plus, how she has acted over the years on the show. Even before VK decided to try out, she has appeared on the show. 

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

I got a little of a "rub it in the viewer's face" vibe from that jig she did in the stands.

That's exactly what that was.  In her mind, there was a conspiracy to keep VK off the team, but she feels that she ultimately won.

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • LOL 7
  • Love 13
21 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Actually I noticed Gina’s bad facials in the episode during the hip hop dance - and it wasn’t just a split second from a screen grab.  She may be one of, if not the, best dancer on the team, but she needs to work on her facials.  They can have a grunty/growly and angry vibe to them and it’s not fun to watch.

Too bad Holly resigned before she could teach facials to the rest of the team.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Did anybody see the video of VKs group on Facebook?  VK looks like she doesn’t have the same amount of energy as everyone else.  She doesn’t seem to be doing the movements like everyone else. 

• Love 8

Am I the only one who immediately thought of VK & TK when Maddie was injured?

Maddie, blink once if VK & TK clubbed your leg in the parking lot ala Tonya Harding-Nancy Kerrigan in order to secure VK’s spot on the team! 

• LOL 17
2 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

Looks like Briana is sitting out of tonight’s game based on her IG posts. 

If she is not injured, the situation sucks. Are these ladies sitting out so Meredith can dance? Ugh. 

• Love 9

I finally got around to watch this week's episode and the line that really stuck out to me was Daphne's when they were going over the different roles the girls are. She basically confirmed, what we've all suspected forever, that the seniority of the team is like a sorority. The fact that she had felt that she can't voice her opinions/thoughts because of the way 'the system is set up' is sad. 

Also, in terms of Julia's cut, I think it was a bad move to keep Meredith/Kat and cut her. Yes, her media blunder was off putting and yes, she probably should have read the Jackie O book and wrote a book report, but she could dance and blend. The fact that Bridget, who seems to be one of the nicer/friendlier/down to earth DCC's on the team this year, was continuing to be heartbroken by her cut spoke volumes. 

Also Meredith all but confirmed the rumors swirling on how she actually made the team...which I still don't understand.  

• Love 13

Also, squad/progeny photos posted on Cassie’s insta, for anyone who’s interested. I thought they were supposed to wait to post until after the episode team announcement, but we already know Cassie doesn’t follow rules. #rulesschmules

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, KickPretty said:

I don’t know about Captain or anything.  But I do know that when the DCC IG features “point” they seem to feature Maddie in that position over Amy 🤷🏽‍♀️😂.  Which I prefer, I think Maddie is so cute and really does come across as genuine and real all the time.

I love Maddie! She's super cute, the curls, and fun to watch.  

• Love 17
7 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Anybody else feel like they constantly showcase group 2 in videos? I feel like all I get to see is Maddie’s group perform. 

YES. I occasionally see Amy and Heather’s groups, but it seems like they never show Tess’s group (group 4?).

13 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

That's exactly what that was.  In her mind, there was a conspiracy to keep VK off the team, but she feels that she ultimately won.

And she did, she won. Many see the unfairness of it all for what it is, but in TK;s mind, I think she thinks that's all that matters, that the end justifies the mean. I choose to pity any who could be so lacking in self-awareness. The best and in this case only way to fight people like that is to dim the spotlight they crave. If I were on the team with VK/TK I'd be shrewd, praising them for their mistakes (that was what Jalyn should've done instead of actually trying to help VK improve) but otherwise being politely distant, the only play is to let them self-sabotage and protect yourself.  

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, kerrieway said:

but otherwise being politely distant,

But that isn't what DCC is about--it is a TEAM.  Remember over the years several TCC have gotten criticism for not being "team" minded (in TPTB opinion).  They almost had the guillotine built for Megan F over it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1