Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

(edited)
33 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I'd say in the world. They're certainly the biggest club from the NFL across the world, like merchandise over here is mostly Cowboys merch. I just wish we got MTT on UK TV so I didn't have to watch it on a dodgy online feed.

You're absolutely right.  Forbes did say the world.  They passed Manchester United some years back which is really impressive.  I edited my original post.  Thanks. 

Edited by Weeklydcc
Error
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

In the movie Dr T and the Women, Kelli didn't let Kate Hudson wear the DCC uniform because her character was gay.  I wonder if that was Kelli's view or Jerry's.   Kate was not happy and expressed it by saying "I mean, what are they?" Or something like that.  Kate would've looked GREAT in the DCC uniform.  With a better experience, maybe she could've hired the DCC to advertise her awesome athletic wear.

No shit?! Wow. I just laugh that their audition numbers have been shrinking every year. It's like, what kind of sycophantic masochist signs up for this shit show now? Times are changing and I suppose there will always be the girls who buy into this kind of lifestyle, but more and more young women seem to be turning their attention in other directions. I do hope that future TCCs and current DCCs are able to demand more from this organization, but I won't hold my breath.....

Edited by MavisL
clarification "they"
  • Love 6
On 7/6/2019 at 10:10 PM, SmpIsimon said:

My theory is that last year Kelli wanted her to make it because she likes her and she's the daughter of Kelli's good friend.  Nothing wrong with either of those things.  But, then it came out that Kelli had promised Victoria a slot, which she eventually had to renege on given Victoria's massive weight gain.  It also came out that the judges who questioned Victoria were silenced, Victoria's role in Tara's elimination, how Victoria lied about a medical condition, lied about going to the doctor and then threw Jinelle under the bus.  All of that understandably built up a lot of VK hate.  Well, from what I heard, that really pissed Kelli off and made her feel like the fans were trying to tell her who she could and couldn't have on the team.  Thus, this year she has really doubled down. Not only was VK promised a slot on the team but on SG as well.  Also, everyone associated with the DCC has been instructed to share nothing except praise for VK.  Even Kristi had to take down that video of the kick-line for fear folks might use it against VK.  Someone needs to tell Kelli that she's allowing her ego to overpower her rational thinking.

Kelly's ego has getting bigger and bigger every year. Just look at her wardrobe!

• LOL 3
On 7/6/2019 at 8:19 PM, SingleMom9 said:

Yes in our school district where Vic and my daughter and even Kelli’s daughter went, dual credit is highly encouraged and is free except for the books.  My daughter went to college with 19 credits already. It’s a great option.

If I need to move this to small talk I will, but I just paid almost 200 dollars not including books at quad C. The teachers come to our school. To keep this on topic, yes most kids do take dual credit jr and sr year. Has Victoria attended college since then? There are a lot of jucos in the DFW area as well as 4 year universities so she could be attending college and living at home. I did. It was much cheaper, and we didn’t have the money.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
52 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I wonder how much amusement the girls get out of reading this forum.  

Right, but judging from the ones who've broken the third wall to come on here and OMG you lazy fatasses in front of your computers! How DARE you question us, I'd say it's beyond mere amusement. Which, ironically, is highly amusing to me.

Edited by MavisL
  • LOL 10
  • Love 8

I guess they r back to practice tonight. I hope to got I don’t check this late tonight to find out Jalyn was cut. Or Julia for that matter. At this point I don’t care about anyone else. 

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I guess they r back to practice tonight. I hope to got I don’t check this late tonight to find out Jalyn was cut. Or Julia for that matter. At this point I don’t care about anyone else. 

I fully expect Jalyn to be cut. I have no inside information on it or anything, it's just, if it happened, it wouldn't be remotely surprising that VK has this kind of control with her temper tantrums. 

Jalyn, if you're reading this, may the bridges you burn light your path. Well behaved women rarely make history.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, MavisL said:

I fully expect Jalyn to be cut. I have no inside information on it or anything, it's just, if it happened, it wouldn't be remotely surprising that VK has this kind of control with her temper tantrums. 

Jalyn, if you're reading this, may the bridges you burn light your path. Well behaved women rarely make history.

Maybe Jalyn should go to Kelli and tell her she read she would be cut so she may as well get it over with.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
48 minutes ago, MavisL said:

I don’t think she will be cut but I would not be at all surprised if this is her last year. I expect lots of retirements. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, KatieC said:

I don’t think she will be cut but I would not be at all surprised if this is her last year. I expect lots of retirements. 

I expect lots of retirements as well 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, KatieC said:

I would expect that as well.

13 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Maybe Jalyn should go to Kelli and tell her she read she would be cut so she may as well get it over with.

Right, and ride off on her unicorn into the sunset.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

When we are arguing/discussing something that never happened, or that we are completely wrong about, probably a lot:)

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

When we are arguing/discussing something that never happened, or that we are completely wrong about, probably a lot:)

THIS. 😂👏🏻 Oh and I bet they love “insider knowledge”. Honestly if I was a DCC I’d think it’s hilarious. I post on here just like the rest of us but I also don’t have an ounce of DCC reality or experiences... only what I see on social media, the internet, and the TV show. I would laugh at some of my opinions too 😂🤣

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

THIS. 😂👏🏻 Oh and I bet they love “insider knowledge”. Honestly if I was a DCC I’d think it’s hilarious. I post on here just like the rest of us but I also don’t have an ounce of DCC reality or experiences... only what I see on social media, the internet, and the TV show. I would laugh at some of my opinions too 😂🤣

I always think about how they react to insider information that's actually true..like do they sit around and guess who the "mole" is or how the information got leaked lol

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Amandared said:

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, but I stumbled across VK’s FB and it appears that she has 2 jobs... 

3D5A3C55-35EE-4F3F-8426-4F2716D4337E.jpeg

That's her old dance school, I went on their website and she's on there holding a trophy for something.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
15 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

That's her old dance school, I went on their website and she's on there holding a trophy for something.

I figured as much. I know we were wondering about the rules of being in training camp with no job and not being a student. Is that the college she got credit with in high school? Just being curious at this point. I would feel bad for anyone to put their entire future on hold for 5 years without having anything else going on 

• Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Amandared said:

I figured as much. I know we were wondering about the rules of being in training camp with no job and not being a student. Is that the college she got credit with in high school? Just being curious at this point. I would feel bad for anyone to put their entire future on hold for 5 years without having anything else going on 

Probably the main reason why she got a job with Cowboys fit. Surely Kelli set that up as a nudge to use the facilities to keep in shape while also keeping in line with the requirement. 

I think VK would have benefited from going to college first...be on a college dance team and be THEIR center of attention, come audition for the DCC humbled and experienced (in life, not just dance). I would be in her corner then. She’s not ready dance/maturity/emotionally at all. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Amandared said:

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, but I stumbled across VK’s FB and it appears that she has 2 jobs... 

56 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

That's her old dance school,

35 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Probably the main reason why she got a job with Cowboys fit. Surely Kelli set that up as a nudge to use the facilities to keep in shape while also keeping in line with the requirement. 

So in other words, she has two jobs that keep her within the "bubble."  No one can complain about her, she will never be fired, Mommy probably has control at the dance studio and Kelli at Cowboy Fit.

• Love 7

I don’t think Kelli has any control over Cowboys Fit, likely just recommended her like she did with Courtney a few seasons ago with some tanning job or whatever it was. She has connections and makes them for the girls all the time I’d assume. 

She may or may not actually be working at her dance studio, people keep jobs on their FB sometimes even if they’re left them. Either way both give her the flexibility to be in training camp so I’d imagine it was a no brainer for her. 

39 minutes ago, notvictoria said:

I think that Victoria is a really good dancer and she has earned a place on DCC and Showgroup. On tv, people can make other people look bad when it's not really like that at all.  Victoria has been dancing for 17 years!  THat's probably thousands of classes so you know she has to be really good. And she can already do the jump split which is pretty hard. I've heard that all the other girls love her and all that stuff about her being a mean girl are rumors. And if your thinking that Miss Kelli would put someone in the uniform who can't dance your wrong.

Did your sources share anything about Jayln not making show group? Reasons why? 

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, KatieC said:

For some reason I have a feeling that they will cut Jalyn after cameos or even the final night of TC. 

If Kelli has truly gotten indigent about 'not being told what to do,' then insider information about Jalyn's cut is going to save her because Kelli is going to see the insiders as 'telling her what to do.' Frankly, I'd like to see Jalyn throw up her hands and walk out, but I doubt that'll happen. I would however champion a group of Vets approaching Kelli about Vikkie's negative behavior and toxic locker room environment. 

There is no question that Vikkie can dance. Frankly, everyone can dance if they stand up and move around, but is Vikkie a great dancer? The answer is no. Her technique is bad, her balance is bad, she dances heavy and can't stay in her own square. It doesn't matter if you've danced for 1 year or 20 years; if you're not being trained with proper technique or if you're studio hopping so much because instructors are trying to correct you and you don't like it---then you can never get better and that is the boat Vikkie sails in. She is mediocre at best and her strongest style---the style she trained in---isn't suited for power pom. 

As for Rachel W, her personal twitter revealed her to be a hate filled person with a lot of prejudice. I'm disappointed that she is still around, but that is par for the course when you consider the Dallas Cowboy Organization. I'm sure there are several others just like her, they're just smart enough to keep it off social media. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

For giving corrections?! Good lord.

Remember rookie Madeline M getting called into the office for switching lockers and "supposedly" giving advice or corrections or the other rookies? I wonder if VK was behind that.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

If Kelli is so indignant at the idea of "being told what to do" that she would go out of her way to put someone not qualified on the team, maybe it's a good thing that she's not in charge of something really important.

I can see it now:  "President Finglass, we have some fine candidates for Secretary of Defense including a five star General who has been in the Army for 30 years, speaks fluent Farsi and Arabic, has held every important command in the Army and is beloved by both sides of the aisle."

"Nonsense.  I'm making my bff's daughter Secretary of Defense.  When she dances, it makes me cry so I know she will be perfect.  Now, if you know what's good for you, shut up about General Fancypants or you're going to find out what happens to people who put the good of the country over my wish to have it my way"  (there might even be a foot stamp or two)

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, hathorlive said:

I've also found that when a hard practice ends, a large meal of pancakes and fried mozzarella at IHOP soothes the soul.  She should take her there twice a week.

And brownies.  With a side of food you might want if you suddenly have the munchies after eating said brownie.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

My gut tells me that even if (and that's a BIG if) the rumor that they are mad at Jalyn for helping Victoria is true, it would not be enough to cut her if they loved her. If she is cut, it will be because she was already on thin ice over things we know nothing about and they are looking for an excuse.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Remember rookie Madeline M getting called into the office for switching lockers and "supposedly" giving advice or corrections or the other rookies? I wonder if VK was behind that.

Yep!

6 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

How great would it be if they all exposed themselves on here when the show finally wraps for good.

A funny little tidbit: when I found this forum a few years ago, I remember thinking one poster had to have been Cassie and another was Sarah I. I was so totally wrong but just based on the initial impression I had I could have sworn they were on here posting.

1 hour ago, Jessa0984 said:

A person could be dancing, singing, etc for however many years, it does not mean they are proficient in that craft. It simply means they have been doing it for that many years.

Ha, right? I've been waking up early for 36 years now and I am stil not a morning person

• LOL 15
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, chabelisaywow said:

For giving corrections?! Good lord.

For that among other things that TPTB have decided are “toxic” to the team. Remember, ladies have been cut from the DCC for way less than that. For all we know, something could have happened during the swim shoot, appearances, or whatever else. Giving Victoria corrections may have just been the icing on the cake.

39 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

Not if you've been told your entire life that you are dance.  You move people in the dance world to tears with your movement.  The Chinese have a wise saying that says "to the beginner all roads are open, to the master, none".  VK is a master in her world.  This is why she's a studio hopper. You can't learn when you aren't willing to open yourself to criticism.  This is why she falls out a single turns and invades people's dance space.   It's like telling the Emperor he has no clothes on. 

This is so on point. Watching Kelli and Brenda bawl their eyes out at Vicki's audition last year was just BARF.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, MavisL said:

This is so on point. Watching Kelli and Brenda bawl their eyes out at Vicki's audition last year was just BARF.

Almost makes you wonder if they were bawling because of her auditioning or the fact that she was auditioning and knew one way or another, she would have to make the team at one point or another.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, MavisL said:

An amazing attempt at mind control.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Also, can someone explain for a Dance World novice what type of dance background Victoria has? I know she’s been dancing since she was a zygote or whatever, but was it in a studio? On a team? In her bedroom to Olivia Newton John’s Lets Get Physical album. No? Just me?

From what I understand, she has always concentrated on lyrical. Here is one description:

https://www.omahaschoolofmusicanddance.com/lyrical-dance-meaning-lessons/

I don't know if she was only a soloist or if she danced on teams as well (given her spacing issues, my guess is no). She has a couple pics (not many) on instagram of herself doing solos at comps, but I don't think I've ever seen her with a team (but, again, that doesn't mean she wasn't).

• Useful 2
8 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

I don't know if she was only a soloist or if she danced on teams as well (given her spacing issues, my guess is no). She has a couple pics (not many) on instagram of herself doing solos at comps, but I don't think I've ever seen her with a team (but, again, that doesn't mean she wasn't).

I think the words "Victoria" and "team" do not go together.  I'm sure she's the type who says there is no I in TEAM but there is ME.  I think if she had danced on a team before, she'd be better adjusted and work better with others. Her mother has done her a serious disservice for life.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Also, can someone explain for a Dance World novice what type of dance background Victoria has? I know she’s been dancing since she was a zygote or whatever, but was it in a studio? On a team? In her bedroom to Olivia Newton John’s Lets Get Physical album. No? Just me?

Victoria training is mainly lyrical and she was a studio dancer---think Dance Moms style. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Opine said:

An amazing attempt at mind control.

I know. "If we do it then they'll buy it". I bought it at the time and I paid cash.

I rewatched tonight and, like I said, knowing what I now know, with my brand new glasses on, BARF.

Dear Kelli, I have a return I'd like to make on a past purchase. I have the receipts. 

• Love 6

There isn't anything wronbg with moving people to tears during dancing, lots of people feel the emotion of the dance but other people don't always get it.  and I think that most dancers change studios once they learn all their is to learn from one place.  It happens all the time and it is not an unusual thing at all.  I did it too and it makes you a stronger performer

• LOL 14
4 minutes ago, notvictoria said:

There isn't anything wronbg with moving people to tears during dancing, lots of people feel the emotion of the dance but other people don't always get it.  and I think that most dancers change studios once they learn all their is to learn from one place.  It happens all the time and it is not an unusual thing at all.  I did it too and it makes you a stronger performer

Studio hopping as much as Vikkie did is not normal. 

Also, if Vikkie learned everything she could at every single studio she started, she may actually be a great dancer---but she's not, hence why she left because she didn't like criticism. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 15