Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16: Trouble in Paradise

• Start Topic

The ladies enjoy a day of adventure in the Cayman Islands; Ashley and Candiace resolve their issues; Robyn decides to confront Gizelle about her behavior at her open house; Katie's behavior grows more questionable, and she decides make a statement.

Airs August 25, 2019.

I didn't see the whole episode but I really liked Ashley's dress at dinner.  I love a tropical print.

What the heck was going on with Candy's armpit?  Was that a ring piercing?  Just weird....  Armpits are not what I like to see emphasized.  Just sayin.

37 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Can we please retire Candiace’s talking head with the pink eye shadow? 

She looks like she has a case of conjunctivitis so bad that it's spreading from her eyes out to the rest of her face.  Including her lips.

And speaking of makeup, although probably OT, there was a promo for RHoD during this episode showing Brandi talking to one of her two girls (Brooklyn or the Bronx or Broadway or whatever their names are), and the child had dark orange foundation on her face over a neck as white as typing paper.  Do they actually make up the kids for filming?  Or is that household even crazier than I think it is?  (Rhetorical questions, obviously.)

Katie clearly needs this paycheck, but I feel complicit in something very exploitative watching her on TV.

• Love 10

Finally, Ashley admits that she and Michael’s marriage is a business arrangement. 

I am curious to see next week where they locate Katie. I suspect her behavior on this trip is the reason that Bravo did not invite her to the reunion. 

• Love 5

My only takeaways from this episode is one, why exactly was Ashley walking around for most of the day at sea with a very massive wedgie and the camera man felt we needed constant close ups of it. And two, so Katie who is in a very nasty legal battle with her ex over her kids is having completely unprotected sex with a guy she hasn't been seeing long, who from my understanding isn't even really employed. Um okay then, 

27 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Katie clearly needs this paycheck, but I feel complicit in something very exploitative watching her on TV.

It's plain uncomfortable. Like watching a tragic ticking time bomb. 

9 minutes ago, bosawks said:

The fact that all these ladies, for the most part, agreed to pull back on Katie makes me realize how troubled she currently is.

For all her flaws, that was genuine pity I saw in Ashley's eyes when she was apologizing to Katie. And goodness knows Ashley's life is no prize either but yeah Katie just seems straight lost. Girlfriend's eyes just seem hollow. 

• Love 11

Katie just pulled a Kelly Bensimon (RHNY-scarey island) departure.

She can kiss a reunion invite as well as a next season invite goodbye.

I feel sorry for Katie but never did for crazy pants Kelly.

Edited by mbaywife123
Hit post too soon.
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Can we please retire Candiace’s talking head with the pink eye shadow?  And Ashley’s with the wig.  They are both scary to me.

2 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

She looks like she has a case of conjunctivitis so bad that it's spreading from her eyes out to the rest of her face.  Including her lips.

I wasn't paying attention until y'all mentioned it, but every part of her makeup in the talking head is off.

Ashley may be a pain in the ass, but she knows how to give an apology (unlike Candiace).  Her apology to Katie was very nice.  

Katie looks awful and even more out of it.  She's either sick or, sad to say, detoxing.  

Me when Giselle said that was the old her at Robyn's open house:  Have we ever seen the new Giselle?  Where she at??

• LOL 6
  • Love 10

Well damn, the Katie is not in her room but has not checked out along with the talking to security(?) if they have found her is really getting concerning. Surely production knows what's going on, this is bullshit!!

If I was any of the other women cast members on this show I would call a group meeting pronto and refuse to film any further until this situation was fully cleared up!

Someone in a "group" foreign travel situation (cast or crew or guides)being either physically or mentally ill is no laughing matter. This show has really crossed the line!

Edited by mbaywife123
Really pissed off at this point!
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, bosawks said:

Soooo, Katie’s birth control method is blithe ignorance?

The last thing she needs is another kid, I couldn't believe her answers when she said she wasn't on any birth control at all.  If I were her mother, I'd be hauling her in to an appointment for an IUD or a shot or something long term.  She needs help stabilizing her life as it is, adding a kid is NOT going to fix it. 

3 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Can we please retire Candiace’s talking head with the pink eye shadow?  And Ashley’s with the wig.  They are both scary to me.

Katie wearing a scarf and jacket in her hotel room in the Caribbean seems totally normal.

I don't understand the wig with Ashley, but at least I can tell myself that she's trying out a different look because she was heavily pregnant when they were shooting those interviews so it was probably easier.  Candiace's pink eye shadow, I just can't come up with a reason for.  It's awful and I can't fathom why anyone thought it was a good look.

2 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

And speaking of makeup, although probably OT, there was a promo for RHoD during this episode showing Brandi talking to one of her two girls (Brooklyn or the Bronx or Broadway or whatever their names are), and the child had dark orange foundation on her face over a neck as white as typing paper.  Do they actually make up the kids for filming?  Or is that household even crazier than I think it is?  (Rhetorical questions, obviously.)

I didn't see the commercial for Dallas (I record the show and then skip them all), but is it possible that they were doing something for cheer or dance? It wouldn't surprise me at all of Brandi had her girls in one of the activities and the makeup for those can be . . . intense, to say the least.  

• Love 7

I just thought about ALL of the Bravo produced shows (and not only Bravo) where they showcase people with physical, mental, substance abuse issues and it has gotten so rampant and low down dirty that it is no longer enjoyable. 

Thanks to your contribution to our society Bravo et,al..NOT!!

Peace out. I'm going to start watching movies, reading books, and strive to watch uplifting tv shows again.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

It's plain uncomfortable. Like watching a tragic ticking time bomb. 

It is like watching Kim from RHOBH when they were in Paris, we all know something is just not right.  

That whole panic about Katie not being in her room could be something stupid like Katie wanted a different room for some stupid reason.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, bosawks said:

Soooo, Katie’s birth control method is blithe ignorance?

If I remember correctly Katie did get pregnant but lost the baby. And she's no longer with her boy friend. If she continues like this she won't even get to see her kids. I hope she's getting some help.

• Love 8

I just can’t stand LaDama Loca, Karen. So she is having a party to introduce her “tester”.

I can understand Gisselle’s frustration, she’s managed to get her products distributed (Target). Karen will not discuss her business with her,which is fine, but will talk the ear off Gisselle’s business team member. I’d be upset too.  

• Love 11

Just read recently that Jacob (Katie's ex) took pictures of her lying on the shower floor all bloodied from losing the baby and posted it on her IG, which of course was deleted.  If that's true then he was a straight up POS.

Speaking of which, in my weekly 'Gizzard you ain't shit!' rant....

So you can cutesy-pie 'apologize' to Beaky Buzzard and think you're making progress, eh?  Here's a thought, how about apologizing to Monique for going HAM on her in the first place?!  Okay, so you now know that she cain't stand your ass (because after all, you've neither said or done anything to warrant her dislike, rme!), why not 'own your truth' as you constantly like to say and apologize then just be icy cordial to her from here on in?  Such a pathetic hypocrite.

LMAO at Juan cutting Beaky off from their phone convo due to his 'meeting'.  And if you know you don't want anymore children then why not tell him?  Oh that's right....that's 'her man'.  Oy.  And you are so sad by accepting Gizzard's half-assed and offensive apology.  But if you like being her puppet that's on you.

Visual comment....Ashley has a great ass and Candiace has a booming body.

Candiace - Birds of a feather girlie….as a Scorpio I can hold a grudge like no other; however, I’m the first to admit when I’m wrong and have no trouble apologizing.  That said, you and Ashley's 'apology' to each other came off fake as shit.  If you apologize with "If I said or did anything, etc." then that's not really an apology.  

Ashley, your apology to Katie was much better…now that’s how you apologize to someone, Gizzard!

I hope Katie gets the help she needs.

Forgot about Chris, he so nasty!  As someone who has never been pregnant, I got a question....cain't Monique slob a knob him until they can have intercourse again?  Aren't there some thangs that can get done?

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Vixenstud said:

Forgot about Chris, he so nasty!  As someone who has never been pregnant, I got a question....cain't Monique slob a knob him until they can have intercourse again?  Aren't there some thangs that can get done?

I wasn't paying close attention to this scene but I think the issue is not that she was physically incapable of intercourse, it's that her sex drive was low - she wasn't interested. 

2 hours ago, retired watcher said:

If I remember correctly Katie did get pregnant but lost the baby. And she's no longer with her boy friend. If she continues like this she won't even get to see her kids. I hope she's getting some help.

I think she's engaged to a different dude now.

I know Katie's engaged to someone else.

As for Monique's low sex drive, yikes!  Guess that's a drawback from being pregnant....now that I think about it, wouldn't want to be plumped up and sexing someone lol.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, OnceSane said:

May I suggest Call the Midwife?

I've been binging on GLOW...physical contact is expected there, lol.

8 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I wasn't paying close attention to this scene but I think the issue is not that she was physically incapable of intercourse, it's that her sex drive was low - she wasn't interested. 

Chris is laser focused on sex, like Monique might go three minutes without thinking about Chris's dick and he has to constantly remind her that he has one.  Also, she is in the last trimester of her pregnancy and all he can talk about is doing the nasty and working on the next kid.  Geez, that must be exhausting for her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Candiass looks great in her braids - she has an exceptionally well-shaped head. (I'm jealous as have a flat-in-the-back skull…) But am over her endless apology hunt from Ashley who apparently MADE her (C) react poorly...

Amazingly, Ashley proves she can look just average in her black wigged TH - but her lavender eye shadow surely rivals Candiass's infamous pink!  However, Ashley's mom (who's not been very successful in her own life) gives her daughter much better advice/support than does C's high-flying professional psychiatrist mother.

• Love 16

Katie seems barely conscious most of the time. So low energy, awake by a thread, doesn’t speak much and when she does it’s the bare minimum or way too much. I agree that it feels very invasive to view her this way.

However, I’m still not ok with her calling Ashley stupid and dumb, repeatedly, and then flipping it around on her like, “I’m going through a bad time and if you don’t want to be my friend because of that then fuck you”? Sorry, that was some twisty deflecting garbage.  Ashley ended up apologizing and Katie didn’t, so I guess that tactic worked, but I don’t appreciate that kind of slick shit from anyone.

• Love 16

Candiace and Ashley's weird apology-off just highlighted how immature they both are. 

Gizelle just can't leave Karen alone, can she? So Karen is fuzzy about her La'Dame stuff. So? You know you weren't going to buy it anyway, Gizelle. It's okay that Karen doesn't want to talk to you. Keep being BFFs with Robyn; if she ever comes at you, it will be whiny and half-hearted ("Speaking of doing something wrong . . . "). Just keep complimenting Karen's wigs and skip the drama.

Karen is an entertaining Pompous Dork. I get the feeling she wants to be Yzma (she's not cool enough to be Eartha Kitt) when she grows up. She's pretentious, but I just can't help rooting for her.

Thankfully, Monique will get her reproductive wishes granted as long as she puts out. /sarcasm 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Irritable said:

Katie seems barely conscious most of the time. So low energy, awake by a thread, doesn’t speak much and when she does it’s the bare minimum or way too much. I agree that it feels very invasive to view her this way.

However, I’m still not ok with her calling Ashley stupid and dumb, repeatedly, and then flipping it around on her like, “I’m going through a bad time and if you don’t want to be my friend because of that then fuck you”? Sorry, that was some twisty deflecting garbage.  Ashley ended up apologizing and Katie didn’t, so I guess that tactic worked, but I don’t appreciate that kind of slick shit from anyone.

I agee!! Katie called Ashley stupid first but everyone sided with Katie because of her struggles. 

• Love 4

Katie bundled up in the hotel room in scarf and jacket.  I bet anything she was detoxing.  Maybe her taking off was to score some dope.

Candyass's makeup in that talking head, didn't look blended well and was the wrong shade. I did like her braids at the beach though.

I would give about anything to swim with the sting rays. That crystal clear water was gorgeous.  It makes me long for the beach right now!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Candiace and Ashley's weird apology-off just highlighted how immature they both are. 

Gizelle just can't leave Karen alone, can she? So Karen is fuzzy about her La'Dame stuff. So? You know you weren't going to buy it anyway, Gizelle. It's okay that Karen doesn't want to talk to you. Keep being BFFs with Robyn; if she ever comes at you, it will be whiny and half-hearted ("Speaking of doing something wrong . . . "). Just keep complimenting Karen's wigs and skip the drama.

Karen is an entertaining Pompous Dork. I get the feeling she wants to be Yzma (she's not cool enough to be Eartha Kitt) when she grows up. She's pretentious, but I just can't help rooting for her.

Thankfully, Monique will get her reproductive wishes granted as long as she puts out. /sarcasm 

I kind of feel like Karen gives as good as she gets when it comes to Gizelle.  Sometimes Gizelle goes over the top, but Karen glosses over a lot of what she does to other people and never EVER owns her part of things.  Gizelle can be hard to pin down, but she will eventually own it.  

I do also get her feelings about Karen's business, since she had a whole thing about it last season, and then there was no product.  She also won't talk about it at all with Gizelle, but she has no problem trying to jump in and connect with people Gizelle knows from her own beauty line.  If I'm giving you a contact, I should at least have a bit of info about the product, because otherwise you potentially could be wasting the contact's time and that could burn the contact for me down the road.  

As for Monique, she has a comfortable life with Chris, but I think she's earning it.  

• Love 10
22 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Just read recently that Jacob (Katie's ex) took pictures of her lying on the shower floor all bloodied from losing the baby and posted it on her IG, which of course was deleted.  If that's true then he was a straight up POS.

Good Lord.  What sort of person would this even occur to?   

Ok, it wasn't just me.  Now what happens in a sickness in health kinda situation.  What the fuck is he finna do if it isn't that she doesn't feel like it but she CANT?  

21 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Chris is laser focused on sex, like Monique might go three minutes without thinking about Chris's dick and he has to constantly remind her that he has one.  Also, she is in the last trimester of her pregnancy and all he can talk about is doing the nasty and working on the next kid.  Geez, that must be exhausting for her.

Girl.  Not. 3. damn. minutes.   Are we wrong though?  Is it that she really does want it and ain't motivated?  Either way that he seems to care more about his dick than her mood is...ugh.    Say the word sex one more time, Chris, say it, say it!!! 

tenor.gif

21 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

I know Katie's engaged to someone else.

As for Monique's low sex drive, yikes!  Guess that's a drawback from being pregnant....now that I think about it, wouldn't want to be plumped up and sexing someone lol.

Funny/cruel margin notes:  you grow hair, nails, a new shoe size, the inability to control your own bladder and horny as fuck, all at the same time, it's like becoming Mrs. Fiona Shrek.  For the fellas however, win-win.  When she said he loves her pregnant, I was like well duh, there aren't too many down sides and zero pregnancy risks so, yeah.  A well acted "no, no you're gonna hurt the baby" might get you out of it unless your dude is well acquainted with the laws of physics. 

When Katie came to do the door in a cardigan and scarf I said into my wrist mic "we have a runner"  that's not everybody's plane outfit?  Chile I look homeless and warm when I travel.  Ain't gone catch me in row 24D in no stingy ass crime scene blanket.  I promise production is just finna say: Katie's down by the pool with her Samsonite, she told us to come tell ya'll she said bye.  Bravo and these raggedy-ass-this-don't-go-with-that-cliffhangers.  Ya'll know we boudda be mad they got us....again lol.  

Come through and shake those got2be edges Auntie Karen, doors of the church are now opened! 

• LOL 13
  • Love 6

Why do women with extensions seem to be patting and stroking their hair continually? It's not just the Potomac women but it seems like all the housewives with fake hair stroke their hair as if it is a small dog attached to their heads? When I watch Candiace it seems like she is constantly checking with her hands and it drives me crazy.

I have no real experience with extensions since I have thick long hair but it's not something I do with my hair - when I fiddle with it, I lift it at the head to get it off my face.

Is the hair itchy? Does it feel like it's coming off so they are checking it?

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, smores said:

Karen glosses over a lot of what she does to other people and never EVER owns her part of things.  Gizelle can be hard to pin down, but she will eventually own it.  

I do also get her feelings about Karen's business, since she had a whole thing about it last season, and then there was no product.  She also won't talk about it at all with Gizelle, but she has no problem trying to jump in and connect with people Gizelle knows from her own beauty line.  If I'm giving you a contact, I should at least have a bit of info about the product, because otherwise you potentially could be wasting the contact's time and that could burn the contact for me down the road.  

Outside of shady talking heads, what has Karen done to other people?  And unlike the Gizzard, if Karen fucks up she immediately owns it, she doesn't wait for a namby-pamby 'And speaking of boundaries' type of intro that Beaky Buzzard gave her.

For me, Gizzard is a lousy friend so IMO I ain't tellin' her shizznit about my business....though I will say that if I kamikazee her contact I would have apologized for it.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, amarante said:

Why do women with extensions seem to be patting and stroking their hair continually? It's not just the Potomac women but it seems like all the housewives with fake hair stroke their hair as if it is a small dog attached to their heads? When I watch Candiace it seems like she can't is constantly checking with her hands and it drives me crazy.

I have no real experience with extensions since I have thick long hair but it's not something I do with my hair - when I fiddle with it, I lift it at the head to get it off my face.

Is the hair itchy? Does it feel like it's coming off so they are checking it?

Lol! your answer's kinda contained in the question.  Extensions are attached by thread to a braided web of cornrows on your head (think behive or target sign but in cornrow form) that's the base.  The weave hair which comes in individual tracks is then sewn on to the base.  Your hair is protected in the cornrows, but it's highly inaccessible because it's covered in weave weft.  You can wash it, condition it, curl it, blow dry it, everything it, BUT, you can't reach your hair/scalp unobstructed to scratch it.    The thing you see, patting, is supposed to relieve some irritation.   Tha wh'at they say.  It doesn't do shit for me, I need to go someplace private with a rats tail comb and dig for my life until I hit paydirt.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Lol! your answer's kinda contained in the question.  Extensions are attached by thread to a braided web of cornrows on your head (think behive or target sign but in cornrow form) that's the base.  The weave hair which comes in individual tracks is then sewn on to the base.  Your hair is protected in the cornrows, but it's highly inaccessible because it's covered in weave weft.  You can wash it, condition it, curl it, blow dry it, everything it, BUT, you can't reach your hair/scalp unobstructed to scratch it.    The thing you see, patting, is supposed to relieve some irritation.   Tha wh'at they say.  It doesn't do shit for me, I need to go someplace private with a rats tail comb and dig for my life until I hit paydirt.

Like having a cast on your leg and needing a stick to scratch underneath the cast 🙂 

I appreciate your having to probe with a rat tail comb rather than continuing to pat it futilely in search of comfort.

I would imagine that the extensions themselves are an irritant so that the need to pat is more than if one didn't have extensions. I know when I have stuff on my head like a headband I need to take the headband off after awhile because my scalp needs a break 🙂  Or if for some reason my hair is pulled in a direction opposite the natural root pattern it gets irritated and annoying and I have to do something. Not sure if it's the same but sometimes in winter when I didn't bother to shave my legs and was wearing heavy tights, the hairs would go up instead of laying flat and I would have serious itchy legs at the end of the day because of the hair not lying right on my legs 🙂 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, amarante said:

Like having a cast on your leg and needing a stick to scratch underneath the cast 🙂 

I appreciate your having to probe with a rat tail comb rather than continuing to pat it futilely in search of comfort.

I would imagine that the extensions themselves are an irritant so that the need to pat is more than if one didn't have extensions. I know when I have stuff on my head like a headband I need to take the headband off after awhile because my scalp needs a break 🙂  Or if for some reason my hair is pulled in a direction opposite the natural root pattern it gets irritated and annoying and I have to do something. Not sure if it's the same but sometimes in winter when I didn't bother to shave my legs and was wearing heavy tights, the hairs would go up instead of laying flat and I would have serious itchy legs at the end of the day because of the hair not lying right on my legs 🙂 

Bwahaaaaaaaa!!!  dammit why can't I be this brief??   Shit.  This is exactly what it feels like.  Follicle version of your leg in a cast.

Right, no extensions, you can get right to the ruut.

Girl I'm not sure I even have enough hair for directional problems lol!.   Quit shaving years ago by default.  One day my leg hair was just like... 

giphy.gif

and I was like ok cool, I ain't like your ass either.  

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

When I saw Katie at the door in the jacket and scarf, I also thought she was preparing to leave, but we shall see.

In the quickie scene with Karen telling Katie about Gizelle at the open house, Katie actually looked nice with her bob and bangs wig. She should keep that one and throw out the rest.

People have posted about the miscarriage photo Katie's jackass Jacob posted on social media. I saw it and it was gross and sad and pathetic. She was laying on the floor of the bathroom and there was a pool of blood beside her.

I was okay with Gizelle's apology to Robyn. She owned it and said she was sorry. No need for a major production in front of the group, and because they are actually friends, they may have spoken about it privately at another time.

• Love 3

Omgosh...

The copycat repetition of “I’m hurt because I thought we were becoming real friends” BS...along with...”I’ll apologize...but YOU need to apologize”...and “We’re good...let move on cuz I don’t believe in women continuously fighting” crap is SOOO EFFING MONOTONOUS.

All of these women are flailing about to cause a scene of any kind for screen time. Can’t keep straight what arguments are about with some because they’re not creative enough to come up with something new!

...and as hard as ASHLEY tried..(thinking Katie was ‘playin ball’ in drama)...it fell FLAT...as we and EVERY OTHER cast member realized that Katie was/is on a slippery slope of cognitive mentally efficient behavior...

Even after some very obvious displays of “issues” on Katie’s part..what...with all of the non sequesters etc.  (a la  Bensimon)...Ashley was STILL trying to follow that rabbit trail...until Gizelle said we need to “table this”

These gals and OC...are showin their unquenchable thirst...and Trying way too hard.

i still maintain that Candyasse is way too young mentally to be entertaining in this arena...she sound and acts like she’s 12 yrs old. Oh she HAS her (over)-acting chops down for this type of gig.. her over gesturing of hands (think Mariah Carey)...

then the Thelma and Louise reference and Gizz and Karen...finishing that up with an ALMOST PERFECT dramatic pause...and said..”perhaps that wasn’t the best analogy” while flipping her hair...AGAIN.

they are all over doing it (maybe not Robin so much)...but the “beauty queen duo”are REALLY REALLY bad...cringeworthy to watch at times.

IMHO 🥴

Edited by Shellbell59
  • Love 4

I really can't stand Ashley, though. Telling Candiace that her name needs to be on her husband's cookbook so she can own it, too? Like, what?!? I'm glad Karen called her out for being a golddigger because that's totally what she was doing.

• Love 9
On 8/27/2019 at 3:17 PM, Shellbell59 said:

Even after some very obvious displays of “issues” on Katie’s part..what...with all of the non sequesters etc.  (a la  Bensimon)...Ashley was STILL trying to follow that rabbit trail...until Gizelle said we need to “table this”

Kelly Bensimone said "non-sequesters" ???  She really doesn't have a grasp on reality or language.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Kelly Bensimone said "non-sequesters" ???  She really doesn't have a grasp on reality or language.

Haha

no....🥴 😂🤣 (good get 😉)

I hoped to get across that both Kelly and Katie often enough...speak in non “SEQUITURS”.....lol...it’s true that it’s doubtful they have a grasp on either...

I should really look more thoroughly back at the mistakes made by predictive text… LOL 😂 

Edited by Shellbell59
I say sequitur...Kelly says sequester....nah...predictive text...thank you... not
  • LOL 2
On 8/26/2019 at 3:26 PM, telemachus2 said:

However, Ashley's mom (who's not been very successful in her own life) gives her daughter much better advice/support than does C's high-flying professional psychiatrist mother.

Candiace's mother isn't a psychiatrist nor is she an air force physician. She's a LCSW: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists/dorothy-d-watts-stockbridge-ga/121532

Edited by Rahul
  • Useful 3
On 8/26/2019 at 6:44 PM, ErikaOnline said:

I agee!! Katie called Ashley stupid first but everyone sided with Katie because of her struggles. 

I'm binge watching this show so I'm late.....

But lets not forget that Ashley is the queen of demanding special treatment because she is going through a "hard time."

She was fine picking at Karen when she was going through a "hard time" and she was fine picking at Robyn when she was going through a "hard time" but no one can say anything when Ashley is going through a "hard time"

For my money, I thought that Katie was the victor in their argument, even half drugged.  Ashey tried to deflect by choosing the weakest link and I think it backfired miserably.  I almost cried laughing when Katie apologized for calling ashley dumb, just to call her stupid. 

I don't want season 1 Katie back, but if Katie is able to squash Ashley drugged out, I cannot imagine how savage she would be if she was sober and had her life together.   THAT Katie Rost would be good for the show.  

I don't think Ashley had some grand revelation, I think she ONLY stopped her shit because she realized that Robyn and Gizelle didn't have her back.  As soon as Robyn got there she co-signed Katie's statement that EVERYONE was talking about Ashley.  

Ashley comes off as very thirsty to get in good with Gizelle and Robyn.  Ashley is nothing more than a useful idiot for Gizelle....who was the one who pushed her to confront Katie.  Ashley literally turned to Gizelle and asked her what to do when Katie said that she was going through shit.  

I think Gizelle ONLY told Ashley to stop because Robyn was very clear that Katie was right and EVERYONE  was talking about Michael.  And that makes it look like Ashley was just beating up on Katie because she thought she was mentally weak and could be easily cowed.  

And Ashley can miss me with her judgment.  Katie may be crazy, but she purchased that farm with money she earned.  Ashley had to sell herself as a beard to an old man so she could have a roof over her head.  I'm not sure why she thinks she is grown or superior.  So far, Ashley's resume includes bartender, pageant girl, beard and terrible singer....her pretending that she is so accomplished is pretty delusional.  

On 8/22/2020 at 10:27 AM, Rahul said:

Candiace's mother isn't a psychiatrist nor is she an air force physician. She's a LCSW: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists/dorothy-d-watts-stockbridge-ga/121532

Thank you.  This makes sense.  A woman like Dorothy seems very into prestige and titles so I thought it was weird that she didn't refer to herself as a "doctor" and only called herself a "therapist" when they went to Dr. Ken.  

I think if she was a psychiatrist, she would have been very clear about that.  

• Love 2
On 8/27/2019 at 8:17 AM, ZaldamoWilder said:

"My kingdom for a rattail comb!"

I

On 8/27/2019 at 6:38 AM, ZaldamoWilder said:

Good Lord.  What sort of person would this even occur to?   

Od

tenor.gif

d

For me, there is a rebuttable presumption that anyone who dates someone on a reality show is a famewhore.  Its different if you were together before, but putting out pictures of someone after a miscarriage?  

Its why I've never been mad at Kenya Moore when she hired men to date or "dated" friends or whatever.  I'd keep a real relationship private too.