Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Secret, Secret, I've Got a Secret

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Not only do all those things, but every time she gets pissed, she'll say something to the effect of "I brought you here", "I own you" or threaten him with ICE.

I think that'll be her first go to for sure.  And whoever said that she will call the cops and Michael will end up in jail was dead on.  

He will end up having to suffocate her I her sleep to escape.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

Right, that seems to be a theme with this show. Females being physically violent with males. Ashley hitting and pushing Jay around. Grangela hitting Michael. Jennifer threw a glass of something at Tim. If the roles were reversed and the men were doing these things to the women, shit would hit the fan. So why is it ok for females to be abusive, especially right out in the open on national tv?

Edit: I just realized this is a Before the 90 Days thread, sorry. Jay and Ashley are from (Un)Happily Ever After, I believe. I really have a hard time keeping all these morons on their respective (note: respective, not respectable) shows.

It’s a double standard, just like that a man cannot hit a woman back even if she hits first.  It’s in part condescending, assuming women are so unable to control their emotions that they get a free pass, and sexist, in that it assumes any man should be tough enough to withstand physical abuse from a woman without complaint.

But there are double standards that favor men, such as promiscuous ones are playboys not sluts.  Although the fuckboy term seems to indicate a move away from this.

• Love 13
On 9/10/2019 at 1:35 AM, RealReality said:

Yeah, I think the idea was that Ben would be staying in a nicer part of the city. 

That's what hurts my feelings sometimes is if that this was the only show you watched where people visit overseas you'd think that there are no nice areas....but I think there is always is.  

Nairobi is a beautiful modern city. Observe:

Devotra-at-conference-in-Nairobi-1.jpg

panorama-of-nairobi-kenya-PEV8F9J-copy-e1518080618675.jpg

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Spike said:

It’s a double standard, just like that a man cannot hit a woman back even if she hits first.  It’s in part condescending, assuming women are so unable to control their emotions that they get a free pass, and sexist, in that it assumes any man should be tough enough to withstand physical abuse from a woman without complaint.

I have a problem with this.  On the face of it, it sounds unfair, but consider vast difference in upper-body strength between men and women.  The hardest blow an average woman could deal is much, much weaker than the hardest blow an average man could deal, and that's just a biological fact.  There is no question that women do abuse men, and that men are taught not to hit a woman, but when they do the results are usually much more serious than the blow dealt by the woman.  I don't think it's a matter of men being "tough enough" to withstand a blow dealt by a woman; I think it's a cultural norm with a basis in physiology, maybe encouraged by the kind of "poor helpless woman" attitude that helped keep women out of the workplace for hundreds of years.  It's a two-edged sword:  women are too delicate to be treated physically like a man; therefore she obviously can't do the strenuous (and better-paid) work men do.  Tell that to the mother of nine taking care of children, house, and husband.

I once saw an enormous woman beat the shit out of a cowering, smaller man while riding on an elevator (no place for any of us to escape to), and the cops were (rightly) called and (rightly) arrested the woman, so there is sometimes justice in the world.

But not often.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, mamadrama said:

It hadn't crossed my mind that Avery converting might have been subsequent to meeting Omar, but now that someone has mentioned it on here, I totally buy it. That DOES seem like something someone someone could do. I'm starting to wonder, though, if her whole storyline is being mostly fabricated. The whole "I'm moving to Syria" thing sounds like something that could be made up for dramaaaa

So...I was watching Amanpour interview a woman that just finished a film about everyday life in Syria and of course, my trash TeeVee comes to mind 😁:

The bombs go off all day and night.  Avery is worried about the closest Ulta, but she's gonna poke her eye out with a mascara wand since the ground is literally shaking ALL THE TIME.  Idiot.

Ask Avery to explain who the players are in the civil war and why it started.  (Or her mother for that matter)😂🤣😂🤣

(I really need to adjust my PBS/TLC ratios.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 13

Did anybody see a commercial about a new 90 Day Fiancé show?  It was called 90 day bedroom talk...or something like that.  I FF thru it and I noticed David Poor.  I rewinded it and watched again and noticed he had gained A TON of weight.   I thought he had weight loss surgery.   Now I can’t double unsee that.  

48 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I have a problem with this.  On the face of it, it sounds unfair, but consider vast difference in upper-body strength between men and women.  The hardest blow an average woman could deal is much, much weaker than the hardest blow an average man could deal, and that's just a biological fact.  There is no question that women do abuse men, and that men are taught not to hit a woman, but when they do the results are usually much more serious than the blow dealt by the woman.  I don't think it's a matter of men being "tough enough" to withstand a blow dealt by a woman; I think it's a cultural norm with a basis in physiology, maybe encouraged by the kind of "poor helpless woman" attitude that helped keep women out of the workplace for hundreds of years.  It's a two-edged sword:  women are too delicate to be treated physically like a man; therefore she obviously can't do the strenuous (and better-paid) work men do.  Tell that to the mother of nine taking care of children, house, and husband.

I once saw an enormous woman beat the shit out of a cowering, smaller man while riding on an elevator (no place for any of us to escape to), and the cops were (rightly) called and (rightly) arrested the woman, so there is sometimes justice in the world.

But not often.

Even without serious physical harm, if an adult person of any gender slaps or hits another person they should be arrested.

The upper body strength argument has been used to keep women out of firefighter jobs because many cannot carry victims out of a burning building.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Jhoff156 said:

Did anybody see a commercial about a new 90 Day Fiancé show?  It was called 90 day bedroom talk...or something like that.  I FF thru it and I noticed David Poor.  I rewinded it and watched again and noticed he had gained A TON of weight.   I thought he had weight loss surgery.   Now I can’t double unsee that.  

Yeah it’s the second season already.  It was on during Happily Ever After as well.

• Love 1

What I have learned from this season...

If you are going to romance online...then get that magical circle lamp that Rebecca used to erase the old lady creases and crevices (plus the use of filters)

Darcey will be needing double wattage circle lamps if Tom doesn't work out....

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Nairobi is a beautiful modern city. Observe:

Devotra-at-conference-in-Nairobi-1.jpg

panorama-of-nairobi-kenya-PEV8F9J-copy-e1518080618675.jpg

Well. I knew this in my head, but seeing the area where Akinyi lives kind of wiped that out.

Surely Ben must be aware. I guess the area we see is on the outskirts of town? 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Not only do all those things, but every time she gets pissed, she'll say something to the effect of "I brought you here", "I own you" or threaten him with ICE.

Exactly. She wants to maintain the power in the situation, much like a typical abuser. Michael needs to get out of the situation. 

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

Well. I knew this in my head, but seeing the area where Akinyi lives kind of wiped that out.

Surely Ben must be aware. I guess the area we see is on the outskirts of town? 

Paris has slums but they never show those parts on tv.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

So...I was watching Amanpour interview a woman that just finished a film about everyday life in Syria and of course, my trash TeeVee comes to mind 😁:

The bombs go off all day and night.  Avery is worried about the closest Ulta, but she's gonna poke her eye out with a mascara wand since the ground is literally shaking ALL THE TIME.  Idiot.

Ask Avery to explain who the players are in the civil war and why it started.  (Or her mother for that matter)😂🤣😂🤣

(I really need to adjust my PBS/TLC ratios.)

Do what I do when it comes to reading trash: for every 3 VC Andrews or Nora Roberts' books I throw in one political bio or historical nonfiction. Not an equal ratio, but it DOES give me something nonembarassing to offer when someone asks what I'm reading... 😆

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Jhoff156 said:

Pillow Talk. It was on last season, too. FWIW, he may have gained weight, but his segments with Annie are hysterical. If I had to choose I'd take Tubby David over Creepy Mark or Abusive Angela.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

but his segments with Annie are hysterical.

They are the best!  They seem to actually have a good relationship now.

Tariq and what's his name are the other two that keep me laughing.  I can't even fathom how Colty and Debbie are going to be funny or pithy in any form.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Spike said:

Even without serious physical harm, if an adult person of any gender slaps or hits another person they should be arrested.

The upper body strength argument has been used to keep women out of firefighter jobs because many cannot carry victims out of a burning building.

I think we can agree that no one ought to be allowed to hit anyone else, adult or child.

Women were kept out of careers because of their perceived need to be protected, even where body strength was/is not an issue.  This is off-topic, and I adore you, so I don't want to drag this out here.  Why don't we meet for drinks and talk about it?

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I think we can agree that no one ought to be allowed to hit anyone else, adult or child.

Women were kept out of careers because of their perceived need to be protected, even where body strength was/is not an issue.  This is off-topic, and I adore you, so I don't want to drag this out here.  Why don't we meet for drinks and talk about it?

I don’t think we really disagree.  I probably am just not articulating well.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, zillabreeze said:

They are the best!  They seem to actually have a good relationship now.

Tariq and what's his name are the other two that keep me laughing.  I can't even fathom how Colty and Debbie are going to be funny or pithy in any form.

I didn't care for either Tariq or the other dude on his season. In PT, though, they're awesome. I enjoy the PT better than the actual episodes.

• Love 12

Can we do a citizen switch- Micheal for Angela; heck I'd take Maria over Ceasar too!

Tim- "don't talk about my ex's ; don't talk about my ex's" next sentence: "let me tell you about my ex!"  Maybe he does it so she remembers that he's straight.

Cesear- I truly have no words for this crap.  You know he sat there and ate all the chocolate panties and cried.  

Omar- He needs to realize that all the things he doesn't like about Teri will manifest in Avery later down the line.   She will look like her, sound like her and probably act like her in the future; choose wisely.  The more Avery runs from her momma; the more she will end up like her.

Zied's parents seem really sweet and his mom is a good cook.  Rebecca doesn't deserve couscous from them.

Darcey's story is getting really old.  He's just not that into you! Not here, nor there! Not in Grand Canary or in Albania!  He does not like you anywhere!

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

Darcey's story is getting really old.  He's just not that into you! Not here, nor there! Not in Grand Canary or in Albania!  He does not like you anywhere!

Oy vey!  Darcy is EXHAUSTING.  "Keep our eyes on the prize!"  when looking at diamond rings.  Lady, give it a REST.  

@doyouevengohere, as a sped teacher I love the Dr. Suess reference!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Mothra said:

5 hours ago, Spike said:

I don’t think we really disagree.  I probably am just not articulating well.

Both you babes can meet and work on yourselves.  JK!   😋

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Cesear- I truly have no words for this crap.  You know he sat there and ate all the chocolate panties and cried.  

If the reality was Maria was "real" then Caesar would try to fix the whole situation, buy a ticket at the last minute for the next day and have Maria travel 32 hours to Cancun.

But it appears she is going to follow the Scammer's Bible rule #1 of NEVER meet with the scammee...we see that call from her and her saying she is getting tired of all this...and so (I imagine) won;t be coming to Cancun.  Caesar is shown crying...and that's when he would eat the panties. 😕

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 9/9/2019 at 7:32 PM, KateHearts said:

it may be different for dentists, but people who graduate medical school (after 4 years) are called "Doctor," but it's really just in title only. They have to complete a residency before they can actually practice.

In most states a dentist can hang out a shingle and practice immediately after graduation. Some, but by no means all, opt to do a year of Advanced Education called General Practice Dentistry. 

And a newly minted MD is a doctor. A resident in a hospital is doing additional training, but they are doctors, practicing medicine. 

33 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And a newly minted MD is a doctor. A resident in a hospital is doing additional training, but they are doctors, practicing medicine. 

yes, once the MD degree is earned, that person is called "Doctor." But they cannot practice medicine in the way we think of it (having an independent practice, treating patients, etc) because physicians are required to select a specialty and complete a residency. 

Remember Dr. Jarvik, who invented the artificial heart? He had an MD, but didn't complete a residency. He used to do commercials for cholesterol medicine, but then it came under controversy because he wasn't a practicing physician who could  technically speak to the treatment of medical conditions; they stopped airing the commercials.

Edited by KateHearts
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

If the reality was Maria was "real" then Caesar would try to fix the whole situation, buy a ticket at the last minute for the next day and have Maria travel 32 hours to Cancun.

But it appears she is going to follow the Scammer's Bible rule #1 of NEVER meet with the scammee...we see that call from her and her saying she is getting tired of all this...and so (I imagine) won;t be coming to Cancun.  Caesar is shown crying...and that's when he would eat the panties. 😕

Maria must have the best luck in the world, that reservation was cancelled, and she didn't have to do a thing.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

yes, once the MD degree is earned, that person is called "Doctor." But they cannot practice medicine in the way we think of it (having an independent practice, treating patients, etc) because physicians are required to select a specialty and complete a residency. 

Remember Dr. Jarvik, who invented the artificial heart? He had an MD, but didn't complete a residency. He used to do commercials for cholesterol medicine, but then it came under controversy because he wasn't a practicing physician who could  technically speak to the treatment of medical conditions; they stopped airing the commercials.

Residents practice medicine. I agree its probably a nitpick, and that residency is a required part of medical training, but they are doctors, and they treat patients. Residents are paid. (Terribly, for the amount of hours they work, true, but they are paid). They are medical professionals. I mostly was pointing out that a dentist can, and often does, join a practice right out of dental school. Part of the reason they can do that is that dental education focuses a lot more on clinical skills, with students spending most of their final two years treating patients in the clinic under the supervision of their teachers. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Mothra said:

but when they do the results are usually much more serious than the blow dealt by the woman.  I don't think it's a matter of men being "tough enough" to withstand a blow dealt by a woman;

I can't read about blows being dealt without smiling or having a quick chuckle to myself. Thanks Jenny!

• Love 8
15 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I didn't care for either Tariq or the other dude on his season. In PT, though, they're awesome. I enjoy the PT better than the actual episodes.

Me too! They really cut to the chase on it. 

• Love 3
On 9/9/2019 at 11:51 AM, Bryce Lynch said:

I also felt like Fidel was sort of hazing Benjamin with the fish brains.  I get the idea that it would be rude to refuse food that, by their standards, was very expensive. But, making him eat the brains seem like Fidel just being mean. 

And they were all sitting around watching hin eat, which to me is rude and smacks of looking for a way to find fault with him - just waiting for him to mess up somehow.

I don't think what Akinyi's brother said to her was shown.

• Love 10
On 9/11/2019 at 4:23 PM, Honey said:

I disagree that Ben wasn't "brung up right".  I was brought up right, and I would be telling the lot of them to go fuck themselves.  Ben is showing remarkable restraint.

Ben dear, go purchase some gifts..............then go home, and give them to your son.  Oh and don't forget the gift for the person who's watching him, even if it's your ex.

For his son, yes.

His ex .... ehh. I got the impression that Ben was what some call "divorce raped." He mentioned that his ex got all his money or something like that. Hes so upbeat, I felt sorry for him watching him ration out his baloney sandwich and chips and taking buses. Ben cant afford a foreign fiancee and should look at least in the US. Akinyis family is beyond suspicious of him and will likely always view him as a wierd outsider. 

His kid is already 5, and hes been single for a few years, so yes, I think he deserves to go out and look for someone to make him happy. But not this. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 10

I've been holding out.

My son, who is whiter than white, is in a serious relationship with a woman from Zimbabwe and will be going to meet her family in a month or so.  She has been reluctant to be introduced to my husband and me, which until I watched Benjie and Kinky, I ascribed to shyness or maybe fear of racism.  Now I'm beginning to believe that meeting future in-laws is a very, very serious step for both parties, and she is worried that we will not approve of her as a future mate for our son.  She finally is coming to dinner next month, and I want to see what kind of presents she brings me.

I asked my son if he was going to take gifts for Sally's (for such is his beloved's name) family, and he rolled his eyes and said, "Oh, Sally's already been taking me shopping for things her mother will like."  I asked a friend of mine, a Liberian woman--and I know, Liberia isn't Zimbabwe--and she said, "Well, he's likely to be stared at and followed in the street, especially by little kids.  He should take a lot of little candies to give them."  Halloween is around the corner, and stores are crammed with little candies!

If only Benjie had had better advice, or have been a more confident man...

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I've been holding out.

My son, who is whiter than white, is in a serious relationship with a woman from Zimbabwe and will be going to meet her family in a month or so.  She has been reluctant to be introduced to my husband and me, which until I watched Benjie and Kinky, I ascribed to shyness or maybe fear of racism.  Now I'm beginning to believe that meeting future in-laws is a very, very serious step for both parties, and she is worried that we will not approve of her as a future mate for our son.  She finally is coming to dinner next month, and I want to see what kind of presents she brings me.

I asked my son if he was going to take gifts for Sally's (for such is his beloved's name) family, and he rolled his eyes and said, "Oh, Sally's already been taking me shopping for things her mother will like."  I asked a friend of mine, a Liberian woman--and I know, Liberia isn't Zimbabwe--and she said, "Well, he's likely to be stared at and followed in the street, especially by little kids.  He should take a lot of little candies to give them."  Halloween is around the corner, and stores are crammed with little candies!

If only Benjie had had better advice, or have been a more confident man...

Maybe I am missing something....but I cannot wrap my head around the whole "gifts" concept. If I am attending a dinner/BBQ, I bring a dish to share. But other than that, what is this hype about "gifts"? I have seen arguments about the "gift" debate for weeks. I have a very mixed family: Turkey, Philippines, Italy, Mexico....no one was ever pressured to bring anything other than a real self and a hug. 

• Love 6
On 9/9/2019 at 5:45 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

A former Colombian girlfriend?  Big whoop!  Like who cares?  When he said he had been to Columbia five times I was like Oh yay he was a drug dealer!!  Go Tim Tim!  But Tim Tim, next time you go to someone's house and GF is prepping food, get up to help and serve - you will come off much better!!!!

I posted this in the T&J thread, but I have legit questions about this story.

He said they had lived together in America for 2 years.  Presuming that was on a K1 Visa, how did they pull that off without getting married?  Was she here on a work visa?  A visa for students?  Huh?

And he said she had no interest in working on their issues and bounced.  Again, after 2 years.  Isn't 2 years the magic number to obtain a green card, being married for 2 years?

Did Tim the Tiny Garden Gnome get bamboozled by Import #1 and she checked out as soon as she got her green card?  But if they weren't actually married but just co-habitating, how would this have happened?  

And if he went back and forth to Colombia five times during that relationship  arrangement, was it to go with her to visit her family or is he embellishing the details of the relationship and they never really lived together in the United States but she just visited over a course of two years?

I'm not even trying to be snarky when I admit to being in a state of utter confusion about his story of the first import...and I don't even give a rat's ass about him and Jennifer, but the curiosity is killing me.  Ugh.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 9/13/2019 at 4:01 AM, Honey said:

Maria must have the best luck in the world, that reservation was cancelled, and she didn't have to do a thing.

That canceled reservation was literally her ticket out of that situation.

BTW, I sort of loved it when, knowing it was on speaker phone and being filmed, she pointed out that she would not have been able to cancel that reservation because she didn't make the reservation.  I gave her frauding ass a couple of points for trying to salvage at least a modicum of dignity out of that mess.  

I'm going to assume "Maria" is now "Natasha" or something similar and carrying on with business as usual being supported by several other morons like Caesar.  Well played, "Maria," well played.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

I posted this in the T&J thread, but I have legit questions about this story.

He said they had lived together in America for 2 years.  Presuming that was on a K1 Visa, how did they pull that off without getting married?  Was she here on a work visa?  A visa for students?  Huh?

And he said she had no interest in working on their issues and bounced.  Again, after 2 years.  Isn't 2 years the magic number to obtain a green card, being married for 2 years?

Did Tim the Tiny Garden Gnome get bamboozled by Import #1 and she checked out as soon as she got her green card?  But if they weren't actually married but just co-habitating, how would this have happened?  

And if he went back and forth to Colombia five times during that relationship  arrangement, was it to go with her to visit her family or is he embellishing the details of the relationship and they never really lived together in the United States but she just visited over a course of two years?

I'm not even trying to be snarky when I admit to being in a state of utter confusion about his story of the first import...and I don't even give a rat's ass about him and Jennifer, but the curiosity is killing me.  Ugh.

And - let's not forget - how did Territorial Veronica handle all of this?  She seems as about 15 minutes away from urinating around him to mark her territory.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

And - let's not forget - how did Territorial Veronica handle all of this?  She seems as about 15 minutes away from urinating around him to mark her territory.

Maybe she's the reason Import #1 bounced.

(Although I'd prefer to think Tiny Tim got rooked by Import #1 to get her green card because I'm evil that way.)  😄  

• LOL 5

My mom and dad went on a few medical missions to a village in bengei, with people from my mother's church including her pastor.  Many of these people are white.  

In THAT context, the context of a mission, as part of a church group, they brought small gifts from the church for the people in the village.  Candies, small trinkets and what not.  These things were on behalf on an entire church organization and they weren't intended for any one family or person in particular.  

There is a possibility, i suppose, that for the most part when members of these small villages see or encounter  or talk to a white person it's in the context of getting some sort of gift or candy or trinket and so perhaps the nuanced differences between the situations aren't something they really think through.  

But to think you're owed gifts and prizes from a guy who doesn't know you and youve never met is something I've never had come up either.  It just sounds very pay to play, which is.... unfortunate to me. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

They lived together in America?  I didn't catch that, but I'm sure I'll see it again on the endless repeats TLC shows of this mess, and my DVR is unable to recognize as "new only."  Well if he got her to the US, I can kind of understand her upset, and if she had any reason to believe that this one had as much room in Tiny Tim's life as Veronica has, I'm on her bus.  But if--as I understood it (and it's likely I'm wrong; I usually sleep through part of these shows, "new" or not)) he was visiting her in Colombia, then I join you in Huh?

Does Horseyface really believe a hot number like TT didn't have women in every port?  Does she think he came to her straight from the Little Brothers of Maybelline, without ever having had a serious girlfriend?

And why in hell is he reacting to these various SM alerts?  Why hasn't he turned them off?  I don't have a cell phone, so I don't know, but can't you set it so it doesn't Ping every time someone sends you a message?  Isn't it rude when courting a new gf to answer a Ping?

It is all very very suspicious and all very very unlikely to be for real.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Mothra said:

They lived together in America?  I didn't catch that, but I'm sure I'll see it again on the endless repeats TLC shows of this mess, and my DVR is unable to recognize as "new only."  Well if he got her to the US, I can kind of understand her upset, and if she had any reason to believe that this one had as much room in Tiny Tim's life as Veronica has, I'm on her bus.  But if--as I understood it (and it's likely I'm wrong; I usually sleep through part of these shows, "new" or not)) he was visiting her in Colombia, then I join you in Huh?

Does Horseyface really believe a hot number like TT didn't have women in every port?  Does she think he came to her straight from the Little Brothers of Maybelline, without ever having had a serious girlfriend?

And why in hell is he reacting to these various SM alerts?  Why hasn't he turned them off?  I don't have a cell phone, so I don't know, but can't you set it so it doesn't Ping every time someone sends you a message?  Isn't it rude when courting a new gf to answer a Ping?

It is all very very suspicious and all very very unlikely to be for real.

Yes indeedy...I believe it's during the playground scene when he's talking about Import #1.  He added it almost as an afterthought..."in America."  

This Import #1 situation is a total head scratcher for me.  

I dunno...maybe like Judge Judy says, "If it doesn't make sense, it's probably a lie."  

There's something very cocky about his underlying demeanor, IMO.  The way he barked, "Are you almost done in there?" to Jennifer when she was plating up lunch to the whiff of arrogant undertone when he told Jennifer about the (conveniently timed) text from ex just leave me raising an eyebrow.

I think Tiny Tim is a big dick.  Not *has* a big dick, just *is* a big dick.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Mothra said:

And you may have solved the mystery of his demure bedroom behavior right there.

Judging by the way he effortlessly crossed his legs lady-style in that breakfast scene, I'm assuming there is neither meat nor potatoes with his entree.  😄  

• LOL 8
11 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Judging by the way he effortlessly crossed his legs lady-style in that breakfast scene, I'm assuming there is neither meat nor potatoes with his entree.  😄  

I really don't know what to make of this guy.  I think he is metrosexual, if that still is a thing, but he overdoes it in ways that surely he's aware make him look a little silly, like the eyebrows and the fingernail polish.  It seems to me that he wants to be taken seriously as a man--is that deep voice for real, or is it practiced?  And I finally did catch him in the sleeveless shirt, and his shoulders looked normal but narrow to me.  Is it common for men (or women, for that matter) to have shoulders that are narrower than their hips?

And then there's his hair.  You could say it's hyper-masculine, a sort-of Mohawk, but all the gel and careful styling...  I just don't know.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I suspect she’s already left her scent in every room of his house and probably on his luggage. 

• LOL 3

I'm pretty sure Tiny Tim said that he met his ex columbian g/f who took cheesy pictures with him in America.  Like she was already living here legally of her own accord when they met.  They lived together here in the US and probably went back to visit her hometown and family.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

I'm pretty sure Tiny Tim said that he met his ex columbian g/f who took cheesy pictures with him in America.  Like she was already living here legally of her own accord when they met.  They lived together here in the US and probably went back to visit her hometown and family.

That's also what I remember hearing him say

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

I can't wait to watch this part again tonight, because I hope you're right...otherwise it doesn't make a lick of sense.  

(Full disclosure:  I'd sit through the first part of this episode again even without my confusion about this because it's my Sunday night entertainment 😄 )

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I suspect she’s already left her scent in every room of his house and probably on his luggage. 

I suspect she has left underwear, bras, etc (the Victoria Secret type, not the industrial stuff I wear) in his house plus old love notes stashed everywhere, too.

• Love 2