Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: All's Well That Ends Well

It's kind of funny. Regardless of all the Renegade crap, Ravi is the savior of the world. He started the series as a discredited CDC scientist who warned about exotic biological threats and became a coroner. A decade later he's in charge of the CDC. He invented one cure, discovered another AND created a vaccine for zombieism. Loose threads like the zombie hookers in Las Vegas and the Senators that were compromised are irrelevant because Ravi was able to mass produce the cure. Plus, the terminally ill can have a second chance at "life" providing the brain supply doesn't run out.

And Ravi gets 90% more screen time in the last ten minutes of the series than Liv.

It’s almost like the series should have been titled iRavi.

• Love 1

Won't Blaine and Don E go full Romero down in the well without access to brains? Just wondering.

Yes, though there are still different scenarios. Blaine was talking to his dad as he stood by the well. The last we saw him he was a crazy preacher running into a zombie attack. I can't remember if we saw him die. So either A) he survived and Blaine put him in the well again to go full Romero, B) he didn't survive and Blaine retrieved his body and put it in the well again to start rotting and needing the chlorine tablets, or C) the writers just wrote Blaine talking to his dad by the well because he'd been doing that in previous seasons and they needed him by the well so Don E. could push him in. 

If it's A, then Romero Angus is going to be hanging out with them as they go full Romero but won't attack because they're zombies. If it's B, then they're going to go full Romero while hanging out with a stinking corpse. It's is C, then they're just hanging out together until they starve and go full Romero. 

Of course this assumes that in 2019 (or whatever equivalent) they aren't carrying cell phones in their pockets and can't call someone to get them out. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

C) the writers just wrote Blaine talking to his dad by the well because he'd been doing that in previous seasons and they needed him by the well so Don E. could push him in. 

This was my assumption, since it was such an obvious setup, and there was no reason why he would take a break from dinner with Zombie Peyton to go sit on the well.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Paloma said:

This was my assumption, since it was such an obvious setup, and there was no reason why he would take a break from dinner with Zombie Peyton to go sit on the well.

.....go sit on the well and monologue manically about how someone can come up behind you and kill you just as Don E essentially does just that. This show used to be so delightfully tongue in cheek with it's foreshadowing, like Blaine singing Whiter Shade of Pale as Stacey Boss broke in and took him away to murder him and he survived because he had just turned back into a zombie. But Blaine chatting to the memory of his not there father about exactly what was about to happen was just painfully on the nose.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, AllyB said:

Of course they'd have to work on simulating brains because if becoming a space colonising zombie in your 20s or 30s is the norm, there would be very, very few brains to go around.

Well while the zombies are in cryosleep on the voyage they can be culturing brain tissue in a ship lab.  If they can get a good start maybe it will multiply rapidly enough to keep up with their needs.

On 8/2/2019 at 4:40 PM, Anela said:

I think his dad was back down there. He was talking to him, and feeding him.

Me, too. 

Blaine's father could not have been alive.  The U.S. Army killed him and his cult of zombies when they tried to rush out.  And they were not reckless enough to not finish the job.  They had explicitly shown them walking across the battlefield putting bullets in the head of all wounded zombies.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ray Adverb said:

Blaine's father could not have been alive.  The U.S. Army killed him and his cult of zombies when they tried to rush out.  And they were not reckless enough to not finish the job.  They had explicitly shown them walking across the battlefield putting bullets in the head of all wounded zombies.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08/03/izombie-finale-alls-well-that-ends-well-series-livs-to-fight-another-day-spoiler-review/

“They killed Peyton”

Peyton being held captive by Blaine (David Anders) orchestrates a plan to escape with the Freylich children. Faking the death of one of them as a distraction she is able to knock Blaine out. The kids escape to freedom while she’s left as collateral damage, getting shot several times by Blaine’s men. As Ravi and Liv mourn her death, she sits across the table from Blaine having her first brain meal. Unfortunately for Blaine who steps out to tend to an issue with the well his father is being kept in; Peyton has a vision of Blaine killing Darcy (Valerie Tian). A scene I thoroughly enjoyed was when epiphany hit Don E (Bryce Hodgson) that Blaine killed his fiancé and he rushes to the well and pushes Blaine in it. As much as I have adored watching Blaine conduct his devil-like fiascos, he got what he deserved. Unfortunately, so did Don E – when Liv quickly follows in his footsteps and pushed him in the well to join Blaine in eternal damnation. Guess those two are really stuck together for life or death.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Anela said:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08/03/izombie-finale-alls-well-that-ends-well-series-livs-to-fight-another-day-spoiler-review/

“They killed Peyton”

Peyton being held captive by Blaine (David Anders) orchestrates a plan to escape with the Freylich children. Faking the death of one of them as a distraction she is able to knock Blaine out. The kids escape to freedom while she’s left as collateral damage, getting shot several times by Blaine’s men. As Ravi and Liv mourn her death, she sits across the table from Blaine having her first brain meal. Unfortunately for Blaine who steps out to tend to an issue with the well his father is being kept in; Peyton has a vision of Blaine killing Darcy (Valerie Tian). A scene I thoroughly enjoyed was when epiphany hit Don E (Bryce Hodgson) that Blaine killed his fiancé and he rushes to the well and pushes Blaine in it. As much as I have adored watching Blaine conduct his devil-like fiascos, he got what he deserved. Unfortunately, so did Don E – when Liv quickly follows in his footsteps and pushed him in the well to join Blaine in eternal damnation. Guess those two are really stuck together for life or death.

Yeah, I don't think pointing to that review holds any weight, they also claim Liv and Major are living on Zombie Island with "the Freylich children", who could not be zombified and who are all dead by that point.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, moonshine71 said:

Yeah, I don't think pointing to that review holds any weight, they also claim Liv and Major are living on Zombie Island with "the Freylich children", who could not be zombified and who are all dead by that point.

He was feeding or throwing something down to someone in the well, and it sounded like he was talking to his father. I don't care if anyone agrees with me. That's what I saw. It isn't my fault if the writers don't make any sense.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Anela said:

He was feeding or throwing something down to someone in the well, and it sounded like he was talking to his father. I don't care if anyone agrees with me. That's what I saw. It isn't my fault if the writers don't make any sense.

I don't disagree that it didn't make sense for him to be yelling at Angus if Angus wasn't there but I think he was just throwing the chlorine tablets that Bubba had brought to make the well stop stinking into it.

• Love 4
On 8/2/2019 at 4:27 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

lthough there were a few too many death fake outs (Peyton's dead! Now she's a zombie! Major's dead! No, he's still an undead zombie! Liv's dead! No, she's living on Zombie Island!), I'd rather have a death fake out than see the main characters killed off in the series finale.

My main problem with it is that I didn’t believe any of those deaths so it was a waste of time.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, possibilities said:

The well stinking like something was rotting in there, to me implied that there was a body. But when Angus WAS (for sure) in there before, the water didn't stink, so... I dunno.

Admittedly I don’t have smellovision but without showering and being fully zombied out I don’t zombies smell daisy fresh so I don’t know that that wives anything. 

On 8/3/2019 at 3:17 AM, AllyB said:

I wonder if the zombies can alter their form as a zombie? Presumably not. So if you were overweight and out of shape when you were turned that's how you'll stay. The thing to do then, would be to spend a year or two getting into the absolute best shape of your life and then turn.

As for the over population aspect, the show should have gone full sci-fi and had an Elon Musk type, who'd willingly zombified himself and was planning a zombie colony on Mars. Zombies would need less habitation resources to live on another planet, as long as they got regular brain supplies. Then once Mars filled up they could move out, Ceres, Ganymede, Callisto, Enceladus and beyond as the zombie population increases. Of course they'd have to work on simulating brains because if becoming a space colonising zombie in your 20s or 30s is the norm, there would be very, very few brains to go around.

I would guess that the zombie virus, fed properly with whatever the brains provide, replaces cells exactly to keep you as you are—but that doesn’t explain it curing chronic diseases. Not dying, yeah, but people with Parkinsons would still have episodes of freezing and shaking? Cancer pain? MS weakness? Heart damage? So there would be a cure and maintain thing going on?

I wish we had learned the cure cured Freylichs. Makes as much sense as anything else. 

As we learn about the deleterious effects of space travel Zombism seems like an ideal solution, particularly if easily reversible. Also makes cryogenics easy as pie made with a premade crust. Ice crystals not an issue!

more i teresting than what we got, certaily. The transition between present and future was disorienting for me. Seems like it needed something. Like better preparation for the finale, since you had warning. 

Edited by Affogato
  • Love 1

I was hesitant to watch this, because even though the last two seasons have been pretty weak I still wasn't quite ready for the show to be over. Now, having seen it... I'm ready for it to be over. I mean, it wasn't as bad an ending as "Thrones" or "Buffy," but it wasn't nearly as strong as it should have been. Two years from now, the only thing about Season Five that I'll probably even remember is the episode with the dance montage.

• Love 4

Overall, I don’t think the finale was extraordinary good or bad.  There were a few fun moments (“she thinks you’re Kristin Bell”), but kind of underwhelming and disjointed.  The biggest problem is that it didn’t feel like Liv had much to do- this is her show after all, and the most she does is push Don E into the well?

To be honest, I would rather have switched the last two storylines- find some way to resolve the FG vs dead enders conflict last week, and maybe develop the cure before having it stolen by Blaine.  Then for the finale, have the main gang discover he’s going to sell the cure at some fancy black market auction for evil drug CEOs, and use the heist brains to steal it back. That way you have one last big character theme for main characters to play, and probably work in a more satisfying final confrontation between Liv, Blaine, and- sure, why not- Don E.

• Love 5
On 8/2/2019 at 4:25 PM, aradia22 said:

Why forego having biological children and actually growing old together just because of the vague threat of Dolly? She could still take them out with a shot to the head.

Why would Dolly kill a human? Would she even recognize Liv as a human, especially after a few years of normal aging?

On 8/3/2019 at 12:27 AM, aradia22 said:

For all the reasons already stated in the thread, it seems weird to arrest your development as a child with a cheap zombie cure available. If you want to the vampire thing of staying young and beautiful forever, at least take the cure and wait until you're somewhere between 25 and 40.

Being a zombie means you have a better chance of surviving being young and stupid, so it makes sense to wait at least a few years to take the cure.

On 8/3/2019 at 1:56 PM, aradia22 said:

Won't Blaine and Don E go full Romero down in the well without access to brains? Just wondering.

Kind of the point, I would think!

If it's A, then Romero Angus is going to be hanging out with them as they go full Romero but won't attack because they're zombies. If it's B, then they're going to go full Romero while hanging out with a stinking corpse. It's is C, then they're just hanging out together until they starve and go full Romero. 

I honestly don't know if Angus is still alive - probably not!  But I think he's down there and Blaine was talking to his rotting carcass!

Of course this assumes that in 2019 (or whatever equivalent) they aren't carrying cell phones in their pockets and can't call someone to get them out. 

Well, presumably that well contains water -- hence the chlorine shocks to fix the odor.  Chlorine wouldn't do much for a dry well!  Too bad they didn't think to include a couple of *splash* sound effects as Blaine & Don E went in.

Anyhow, cell phones don't work too well once they get wet!  And I don't expect they have any handy bags of rice down there to dry them out.

• Love 2

@The Wild Sow As long as the water level was below hip height, their phones would be dry. Also, phones are a lot more resilient these days. Or else every splash of rain, overturned cup, etc. would short circuit your phone. Assuming they grab for their phones as soon as they land, I think it would be fine. 

The difference with Angus was that he was kidnapped and I assume they took away anything useful before they threw him down the well. 

The other issue with a cel phone in a well is that, depending on the depth of the well, you might not be able to get a signal, dry or not.   That would also depend on how far you are from a tower (and the well looked pretty remote), and a *little* on how good your antenna is.

But try to avoid being knocked into wells in the first place.  Try *hard*, zombie or not.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, marketdoctor said:

But try to avoid being knocked into wells in the first place.  Try *hard*, zombie or not.

But, there are at least three different ways somebody could use zombie strength to get out, so a zombie doesn't have to be as careful.

On 8/6/2019 at 2:54 AM, HawaiiTVGuy said:

IIRC there was a splash when Blaine went down, none when DonE went over.  The weird thing was that there was no help from Blaine when DonE fell on top of him, I guess he was unconscious?

There was a splash, but it was much quieter than the one for Blaine. DonE may have hit more feet-first, but I think falling on Blaine is what the writers had in mind, and we didn't hear him react because his head was pushed underwater.

On 8/3/2019 at 7:27 PM, Anela said:

to join Blaine in eternal damnation. Guess those two are really stuck together for life or death

Yes - I actually liked their ending --in some ways it was more bleak for them to be stuck down there for all time -- hating each other.  Plus, Blaine, who likes nice things and a comfortable living, being trapped in a dirty well would be an extra layer of hell for him.

I understand they wanted to keep Dolly's fate a mystery so she could be some sort of bogey-woman, but the character was not worth it.  I thought she was interesting at first and had potential, but she became tedious and did not deserve the status she had at the end.  Plus, I really wanted to see her get her comeuppance. 

On 8/3/2019 at 11:08 PM, biakbiak said:

My main problem with it is that I didn’t believe any of those deaths so it was a waste of time.

I kind of figured Blaine would zombify Peyton after they cut away, so was not surprised her death was faked.  However, because they did a fake-out to her, I did not think they would do that to Major, and did think his death was real.    The way they set-up the epilogue with the vagueness of Liv and Major, I figured they would be shown alive before the end.

Not really a great episode, and probably would have had more weight had their been a loss or real sacrifice of one of the main characters, but I liked them enough that I was happy to see them survive and have some happiness.  The show was limping along as it was, so I did not have high expectations for an epic finale, and was good with just seeing the happy endings.  

I still have more positive than negative thoughts about the show, but they did not really do a good job of establishing a truly effective big bad to end the show with some epic showdown.  

• Love 3
On 8/2/2019 at 7:27 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Blaine, on the other hand, I would have gladly seen killed. After everything he's done, getting tossed in the well was too good for him.

I think this was fitting for him and will make him suffer even more than killing him. He said, right before being pushed in, that he'd rather be dead than bored. I can't think of anything more boring than being stuck in a well for all of eternity. 

I just finished watching, I wanted to binge all at once. I'm good with the finale and like that the main 5 got happy endings. I do have a question though... Chris Lowell's character, the guy who interviewed them at the end, said that a zombies taking over is no longer a threat. How can that be? Even though all the zombies are on zombie island, what's to stop any of them from leaving? I probably missed in one of the episodes how they described that zombie island would work.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, hiccup said:

I think this was fitting for him and will make him suffer even more than killing him. He said, right before being pushed in, that he'd rather be dead than bored. I can't think of anything more boring than being stuck in a well for all of eternity. 

I just finished watching, I wanted to binge all at once. I'm good with the finale and like that the main 5 got happy endings. I do have a question though... Chris Lowell's character, the guy who interviewed them at the end, said that a zombies taking over is no longer a threat. How can that be? Even though all the zombies are on zombie island, what's to stop any of them from leaving? I probably missed in one of the episodes how they described that zombie island would work.  

I think the point is that zombieism is completely voluntary. If you don't like it, take the cure. If someone's a zombie and they try scratching people, those people can be cured and the zombie gets shot. I guess the only ones who can't take the cure are ones with fatal diseases in their old life.

Before, a zombie brothel could start a pandemic. Now, it's a shot and a lot of explaining to your wife. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, hiccup said:

I’m not sure zombie island is teri ly advertised. It eas owned by fillmore graves and may still be privately owned. By major? Still by fill more graves? Under layers of corporate gobbledygook. 

I suspect Seattle is still a zombie human hybrid, since it iwas already working that angle, ‘rebranded’,  

Edited by Affogato
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, ketose said:

I think the point is that zombieism is completely voluntary. If you don't like it, take the cure. If someone's a zombie and they try scratching people, those people can be cured and the zombie gets shot. I guess the only ones who can't take the cure are ones with fatal diseases in their old life.

Before, a zombie brothel could start a pandemic. Now, it's a shot and a lot of explaining to your wife. 

Ahhh yes, that makes sense. Thanks! 

So while I think this would have worked better as a two-parter, I'm happy with how everything ended up. The zombies that want to be cured got cured, the ones that didn't want to be cured didn't. Everybody we care about lives. Most of the bad guys got punished. I can't help thinking the showrunner was waiting for the network to pull a last-minute reprieve out of its hat and so dragged out plot points so they could cobble together another season if possible. 

But apart from that, I loved this show and I'm sad it's over.

Still, I'm glad it ended while I was still enjoying it and didn't drag out till it was a ridiculous satire of itself *cough* The 100 *cough*.

• Love 1

Well that was the most satisfying Rob Thomas series finale of the summer. I liked it. Blaine sucks and stayed evil. Don E mostly sucks but at least he got some revenge on Blaine. All couples lived happily ever after. Killing Michelle seemed a little rude. That actress never gets to play a character who lives happily ever after.

My favorite parts were the fakeout with Major taking the "cure" and Peyton being a badass and protecting the kids.

I feel like having Liv and Major in hiding and stating that Major never believed Liv was dead and then he immediately caught up with her/disappeared from public was over the top. Loved that Clive named his kid Olivia.

On 8/1/2019 at 9:32 PM, ruby24 said:

I don't get why Clive and Dale adopted Michelle's kid. He wasn't really Clive's was he? Or was he? Didn't she have any family?

I did not get the point at all of having Michelle get blown up by the suicide bomber.  Why?  It served no plot point.  Clive and Dale had their own baby.  Did the writers think it was better for Michelle's baby to have adoptive parents than a single biological mother?  Did she die doing something meaningful or heroic that was essential to the plot?  No, she got blown up just...because.  I guess everyone in the cast who wasn't a bad guy deserved a happy ending except her.

Well, so long, show.  It was fun, even if it didn't make a lot of sense.  It would be interesting to see how the government and society would deal with terminal and chronically ill people wanting to become zombies.  It would certainly spawn a lot of laws, regulations, civil rights issues, lawsuits.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 3
On 8/3/2019 at 8:42 AM, bobbyjoe said:

And Ravi gets 90% more screen time in the last ten minutes of the series than Liv.

It’s almost like the series should have been titled iRavi.

The way I look at it is, Liv isn't on the screen until the final minute or so, but she is the one you are thinking about those ten minutes because you're asking, what happened to Liv?  So the final ten minutes actually are mostly about Liv.

• Love 1

I was watching the previous episode and there's a part where Ravi and Blaine are talking. He refers to having sex with Peyton and Ravi plays it off because she loves him. Then Ravi says he will spend the rest of his life with Peyton and Blaine will probably spend the rest of his life with Don E. So, that turned out to be accurate.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

It was a good run. I’m happy Liv and Major ended up together. 

My biggest complaint was them bringing Michelle back and having her die in the explosion. I understand that we needed to show a decent human get caught in the cross fire, but optics of having one of the few black women reoccurring characters die sacrificially and have her baby be raised by someone else. Having her relationship with Clive end the way it did wasn’t bad optics (they were both on the rebound) but the BABY and then her dying in the explosion?!!

Even though these last two seasons weren’t as strong as the first 3 I have enjoyed watching this show. Rose McIver is a very good actress. I was delighted watching her still be Liv on various brains. 

• Love 3

Im so disappointed that major and liv remained zombies, especially liv...she didn't get to experience becoming a human all throughout the five seasons. And for the fact that liv sacrificed so much throughout the show, she deserved something big at the end. (yet she sacrificed again for those kids 😑) But im just wondering how do they eat now that they're in isolated island and no brain supplies?

• Love 1