Type keyword(s) to search

Caesar & Maria: Getting Nailed In More Ways Than One

• Start Topic

Caesar, 46 (North Carolina) and Maria, 28 (Ukraine)

A hard-working nail technician, Caesar has spent over $40,000 to financially support Maria, the beautiful woman he met online, for the past five years. Now Caesar is planning to travel to the Ukraine to meet her, but Caesar’s coworkers are afraid she’s been scamming him this whole time. Once he meets her in person, Caesar plans on getting down on one knee and proposing to the woman of his dreams—but is Maria everything she says she is?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

Someone on the reddit gets their nails done by this guy.  Major tea was spilled.  Basically much of the drama is producer driven and people have to act and re-act to get it right.

With all the stuff going around about this show being staged I may opt out.  Producer intervention is fine, but if I want to watch a scripted show I can find one that is more entertaining with better acting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Someone on the reddit gets their nails done by this guy.  Major tea was spilled.  Basically much of the drama is producer driven and people have to act and re-act to get it right.

I can believe it. I do wonder if his relationship with Maria even exists in the first place? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
Spoiler

The girl said that Caesar told her that they were already broken up when filming started.  The producers didn't care.  He said he and his ex had little to no drama or bad feelings , but the producers "helped" to create some conflict  ( I don't know if that means they scripted it out or probed until they found things that had bothered each one and just exaggerated it). He said if he said something dramatic or concerning their relationship, producers would have him say it and play it different ways. He said they had to act out the scenes over and over until they got the desired reaction. Maria was okay with it at first; Caesar wants to act in commercials and thought this would help him get noticed (what?????) and she wanted to help him which is why she agreed at first to do this for her ex, but after a while she doesn't want to be on camera and refused to give the producers what they wanted. bananas

I don't think it's like this for every couple but for most I do think there is a lot of acting involved or producer driven storylines.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 8/2/2019 at 12:41 PM, doyouevengohere said:

Yeah, there’s definitely something cat-fishy about this couple. Could TLC/Sharp production s be frauding us again?

On 8/2/2019 at 12:50 PM, RealReality said:

With all the stuff going around about this show being staged I may opt out.  Producer intervention is fine, but if I want to watch a scripted show I can find one that is more entertaining with better acting.

You can’t leave us

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

Yeah, there’s definitely something cat-fishy about this couple. Could TLC/Sharp production s be frauding us again?

You can’t leave us

Awwwww, hugz 🤗

I was on the fence, but then I started reading all of the fantastic snark from everyone this morning and of course I'll have to watch!!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 8/2/2019 at 2:17 PM, libgirl2 said:

I can believe it. I do wonder if his relationship with Maria even exists in the first place? 

i can't imagine someone being so stupid as to send that much money and not even meet the person in 5 years? 

• Love 4

I was browsing the 90DayFiance twitter hashtag before the show premiered, and just by chance I saw a tweet from someone claiming that the alleged deadbeat father of their friend's child was going to be on this season.

They didn't name Caesar, but they did link to his TLC promo video.

I don't know if he's a deadbeat, but that "Daddy's Girl" picture right next to the "Breastmilk Storage Guide" chart on his fridge makes me believe that he is indeed a father.

I'm guessing it would be harder for the show to make him out to be a sympathetic figure if they told the audience that he was a father, and not just some single guy, who was wasting tens of thousands of dollars on a potential catfish, instead of using that money for his child.

Edited by mmal
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, mmal said:

I was browsing the 90DayFiance twitter hashtag before the show premiered, and just by chance I saw a tweet from someone claiming that the alleged deadbeat father of their friend's child was going to be on this season.

They didn't name Caesar, but they did link to his TLC promo video.

I don't know if he's a deadbeat, but that "Daddy's Girl" picture right next to the "Breastmilk Storage Guide" chart on his fridge makes me believe that he is indeed a father.

I'm guessing it would be harder for the show to make him out to be a sympathetic figure if they told the audience that he was a father, and not just some single guy, who was wasting tens of thousands of dollars on a potential catfish, instead of using that money for his child.

I already don't feel sympathy for ceasar, but if I found out this dumb fuck was sending 40k to some random Ukrainian skank who doesn't know his name instead of his kid, I'd be downright ragey.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 8/2/2019 at 12:41 PM, doyouevengohere said:
  Hide contents

The girl said that Caesar told her that they were already broken up when filming started.  The producers didn't care.  He said he and his ex had little to no drama or bad feelings , but the producers "helped" to create some conflict  ( I don't know if that means they scripted it out or probed until they found things that had bothered each one and just exaggerated it). He said if he said something dramatic or concerning their relationship, producers would have him say it and play it different ways. He said they had to act out the scenes over and over until they got the desired reaction. Maria was okay with it at first; Caesar wants to act in commercials and thought this would help him get noticed (what?????) and she wanted to help him which is why she agreed at first to do this for her ex, but after a while she doesn't want to be on camera and refused to give the producers what they wanted. bananas

I don't think it's like this for every couple but for most I do think there is a lot of acting involved or producer driven storylines.

I wonder, though, if this is just his way of spinning shit so he doesn't look like such an incredibly dim bulb.  I'm beyond sure the producers create a lot of drama, no doubt about that, and I'm certain (like with the Housewives franchises) occasionally events that happen off camera are reenacted, but I think it's feasible that blaming the editing/production is much easier than accepting one is a complete doofus.

And seriously, dude is knocking on 50 and wants to start a career doing commercials?   I'm not surprised that he has aspirations of being a Big Star (so many of these asshats do).  Good luck with that, buddy. 

In that exchange with the patron, he didn't mention whether or not he really sent $40K to Maria?  And did he really invest 5 years into that fuck and awe and never meet her?  So many details unaddressed in what he related to that patron.  I'd have been grilling him like a rib steak on a hot summer day.  

I dunno...Cesar's story sounds a tad hinky to me.  I think it's  possible probable that he wants to be "discovered" and use this story as a jumping board, but I also think it's possible probable he is a dumbass who sent a hot blond he'd never met a good chunk of change over the years.  

It will be interesting to see how this plays out on the show.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 13
44 minutes ago, happy hobo said:

Nope! Not sorry for him at all. 

image.png.366b8a7a843194c701c3f7af8c3a9849.png

OMG, what a gem!  That 90s Lorenzo llamas jacket with no shirt picture is priceless.  Like what the hell?  He is clearly going for "sexy bad boy with the dad bod" but why would you take that picture next to a wall half full of nail polish, a water cooler and apparently a box of trash?  

I don't know, maybe he does have some cognitive problem.  Or maybe he was just walking around topless but jacketed and wearing sunglasses all day striking poses and someone randomly took a pic.

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, RealReality said:

OMG, what a gem!  That 90s Lorenzo llamas jacket with no shirt picture is priceless.  Like what the hell?  He is clearly going for "sexy bad boy with the dad bod" but why would you take that picture next to a wall half full of nail polish, a water cooler and apparently a box of trash?  

I don't know, maybe he does have some cognitive problem.  Or maybe he was just walking around topless but jacketed and wearing sunglasses all day striking poses and someone randomly took a pic.

I thought the same thing....especially for a picture he's using to "promote" himself.  

Surely there was an unadorned wall and an area free of a trash receptacles where he could have positioned himself in that salon.  Hell even standing outside by his motorcycle would have been more professional than that.  

I'm beginning to suspect that not only is he a fame whore, he's also a few fries short of a Happy Meal.  And I totally believe he lives like he does because he really did send Maria every spare penny he had over the years.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

I thought the same thing....especially for a picture he's using to "promote" himself.  

Surely there was an unadorned wall and an area free of a trash receptacles where he could have positioned himself in that salon.  Hell even standing outside by his motorcycle would have been more professional than that.  

I'm beginning to suspect that not only is he a fame whore, he's also a few fries short of a Happy Meal.  And I totally believe he lives like he does because he really did send Maria every spare penny he had over the years.  

LOL, he could have stood outside next to anyone's motorcycle for that bad boy biker look. 

But damn it's a rough sell when you're standing next to a half done wall.of nail polish and a sparkletts water cooler.  That is not giving me bad boy realness.

No doubt in my mind that this halfwit sent every dollar he got to Maria.  I'd literally laugh out loud if we find out "Maria" is voiced by some 62 year old Ukrainian woman and real Maria is just some young woman who makes money making daily videos and taking pictures with roses and multiple printed emails.

Did this fool really pay $450 to send her roses?  Classic.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I wonder, though, if this is just his way of spinning shit so he doesn't look like such an incredibly dim bulb.  I'm beyond sure the producers create a lot of drama, no doubt about that, and I'm certain (like with the Housewives franchises) occasionally events that happen off camera are reenacted, but I think it's feasible that blaming the editing/production is much easier than accepting one is a complete doofus.

And seriously, dude is knocking on 50 and wants to start a career doing commercials?   I'm not surprised that he has aspirations of being a Big Star (so many of these asshats do).  Good luck with that, buddy. 

In that exchange with the patron, he didn't mention whether or not he really sent $40K to Maria?  And did he really invest 5 years into that fuck and awe and never meet her?  So many details unaddressed in what he related to that patron.  I'd have been grilling him like a rib steak on a hot summer day.  

I dunno...Cesar's story sounds a tad hinky to me.  I think it's  possible probable that he wants to be "discovered" and use this story as a jumping board, but I also think it's possible probable he is a dumbass who sent a hot blond he'd never met a good chunk of change over the years.  

It will be interesting to see how this plays out on the show.  

The customer did mention that Cesar told her that it was way less that $40k that he sent to her.  But who knows?  It could have just been him saving face.  All of this took place before the show had aired so possibly the girl didn't know enough to ask him.   I do think something is strange about him and his story.  Maybe he should start making commercials for the nail salon before taking on the commercial stardom that his appearance on 90 days is SURE to bring him!

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

The customer did mention that Cesar told her that it was way less that $40k that he sent to her.  But who knows?  It could have just been him saving face.  All of this took place before the show had aired so possibly the girl didn't know enough to ask him.   I do think something is strange about him and his story.  Maybe he should start making commercials for the nail salon before taking on the commercial stardom that his appearance on 90 days is SURE to bring him!

Oh, thank you, that's the expression my stroke-addled brain was trying to come up with!

I'm thinking if he didn't send Maria $40K, the tipping must not be good at that nail salon for him to live in that sad little duplex with its sad little furnishings and clipping coupons for eggs to put into his near-empty sad little refrigerator.  

Maybe by "way less than $40K," he meant $39.5K  😄   

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, DaphneCat said:
4 hours ago, happy hobo said:

Wow, thanks for finding this.  He really does think he's all that doesn't he?

Interesting how the photo is cropped and angled not to show his jug ears. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
On 8/5/2019 at 6:14 PM, Kareem said:

He reminds me of the Hand That Rocks the Cradle character, Solomon/Ernie Hudson, except that he brings chocolate underwear on trips.  

Reminds me of the guy that was conjured   up by saying “Candyman” (I think that was the phrase) The actors name was Tony something, maybe Tony Todd?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, iwasish said:

Reminds me of the guy that was conjured   up by saying “Candyman” (I think that was the phrase) The actors name was Tony something, maybe Tony Todd?

Oh, Tony Todd was also in the 1978 version of Dawn of the Dead.  And yes, I believe he was "Candyman" as well.  😄 

9 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Oh, Tony Todd was also in the 1978 version of Dawn of the Dead.  And yes, I believe he was "Candyman" as well.  😄 

Tony Todd was in "Candyman", but not in "Dawn of the Dead" , that was Ken Foree (who also had a cameo in the DOTD remake).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Tony Todd was in "Candyman", but not in "Dawn of the Dead" , that was Ken Foree (who also had a cameo in the DOTD remake).

Oh, you are 100% correct, Gobi!

It was the Night of the Living Dead remake I believe Tony Todd starred in.  I guess my love of zombie films is showing even if I do get my actors confused  😄  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Drogo said:

How many women must Caesar meet every day, yet he only wants the 28 year old blonde who uses 14 words of her vocabulary when she's talking to him and probably works for $450/bouquet AnastasiaDate to drum up revenue? 

No sympathy, pal. 

You mean most men want a woman who says more than:  "I love you my husband" and "I miss you baby" and "I am not sure" and "I don't know" and "I have to go, I am tired"

Really?  Picky picky picky........

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
On 8/6/2019 at 11:10 AM, RealReality said:

That 90s Lorenzo llamas jacket with no shirt picture is priceless.  Like what the hell?  He is clearly going for "sexy bad boy with the dad bod" but why would you take that picture next to a wall half full of nail polish, a water cooler and apparently a box of trash?

That picture though

giphy.gif

• LOL 14
12 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

You mean most men want a woman who says more than:  "I love you my husband" and "I miss you baby" and "I am not sure" and "I don't know" and "I have to go, I am tired"

giphy.gif

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 8/6/2019 at 10:20 AM, happy hobo said:

Nope! Not sorry for him at all. 

image.png.366b8a7a843194c701c3f7af8c3a9849.png

Looks as if the spirit of the nail polish shelf is grabbing him at his shoulders...and the old man jeans conflict with the bare chest/sexy trying look

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 8/7/2019 at 8:52 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

You mean most men want a woman who says more than:  "I love you my husband" and "I miss you baby" and "I am not sure" and "I don't know" and "I have to go, I am tired

Maybe “Maria” speaks through a Magic 8 Ball. “Try again later.” 

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, TMI said:

Looks as if the spirit of the nail polish shelf is grabbing him at his shoulders...and the old man jeans conflict with the bare chest/sexy trying look

I mean, the "Hot Dad" pose in front of empty cardboard boxes, a water station and racks of nail polish screams Total Professional to me.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
On 7/17/2019 at 5:46 AM, Drogo said:

Caesar, 46 (North Carolina) and Maria, 28 (Ukraine)

A hard-working nail technician, Caesar has spent over $40,000 to financially support Maria, the beautiful woman he met online, for the past five years. Now Caesar is planning to travel to the Ukraine to meet her, but Caesar’s coworkers are afraid she’s been scamming him this whole time. Once he meets her in person, Caesar plans on getting down on one knee and proposing to the woman of his dreams—but is Maria everything she says she is?

BTW Drogo - I just realize how many items you are administering. Thank you very much for doing this (just in case others have forgotten this is voluntary).

• Love 19
On 8/5/2019 at 3:14 PM, Kareem said:

He reminds me of the Hand That Rocks the Cradle character, Solomon/Ernie Hudson, except that he brings chocolate underwear on trips.  

Whenever I see participants bringing inappropriate and overly-intimate gifts to the partner whom they've never met, it makes me ill. That's when you realize the people involved aren't living in reality. They are so obsessed with their fantasy - that's all they are interested in. Gross! (Especially after seeing the players involved. Blech!!)

• Love 13

This “couple” has become too stupid to watch and my stupid bar is embarrassingly low. 

I’d like to see TLC do (what would end up being) their crappy version of a Dateline investigation. Ms “I love you my husband” is sending those same videos to multiple people. DUH. I can’t watch them anymore. 

Edited by HamSammich
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

And she texts this when the flight is arriving rather than before it departs! Then she stops answering him. He's alone eating the edible panties and "pouch."

LOL....I can't wait to watch this.  I'll be dead in the bed if this fool is sitting around eating chocolate underwear!,

He is a dummy.  He should just go on one of those trips for awkward American men who want to meet a 20 year old knockout eastern European woman.  

He would have spent so much less money and found a woman to wear his chocolatey underwear.  I remember watching a documentary and the men were being like....fought over.  Ceasar would been been in heaven.  

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4