Type keyword(s) to search

Bridgerton In Media: Bodice Ripped From the Headlines

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

CAN NOT WAIT!!! The only downside is that I will binge because I can’t resist and it will be done too soon. MUST TRY TO CONTROL MYSELF….

My mom and I will probably watch 1-2 episodes each Sunday until we are done, as we will have Pachinko and Outlander too. 

• Love 2

There's a great thread on Reddit showing the Indian influences in the costumes. 

I will definitely binge.  I even took the day off of work.  I might schedule a facial in the morning to spoil myself.

I really liked the second book and have been excited about this season.  So what if you binge the whole thing in one day?  You just rewatch it another day if you want more. :) 

• Love 13

Wee! Two more weeks. I am so pumped for this. Yeah, Kate, you shouldn't stare.

74NP.gif

They're gonna scorch the season and the screens.

Excellent opening and closure of the trailer. Violet just threw Anthony to the sharks and laughed in his face about it. I already like her better than last season.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

All the handsome men on Bridgerton remind me of True blood. So many handsome men were on True Blood. Alcide was my favorite followed by Eric. Swoons.

Yes! True Blood also had all the handsome men. My fav was Eric followed by Alcide. 

On 3/11/2022 at 8:24 AM, CountryGirl said:

At the risk of setting this forum ablaze:

FNiIxJXX0AEArLR?format=jpg&name=small

You're welcome. 😘

Thank you ma’am!

I wonder if the actor playing Anthony (looking up his name) Jonathan Bailey felt pressure to get buff during the off season given the reaction fans had to Regé Jean Paige. The article I linked is the first one that came up when I looked for his name, he speaks about being open about his sexuality as an actor. 

Im looking forward to seeing more of what he can do. I did like him in season 1. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I wonder if the actor playing Anthony (looking up his name) Jonathan Bailey felt pressure to get buff during the off season given the reaction fans had to Regé Jean Paige.

This seems 101% likely. But not just him, I'm sure; the marketing -- and I assume the writing/directing/etc. as well -- is clearly playing up the 'sexy' factor.

• Love 2

Season 2 review

It's mostly positive (with some, or rather one thing that worries me), but its contains spoilers.

Some lovely, non-spoilery bits:

There is a chaotic and fun energy from the first episode with throwbacks from the first season that helps connect what people loved about Daphne’s story but expands into the complexity that is Anthony Bridgerton. Jonathan Bailey is an exceptional lead. As the season’s new leading man, Johnathan Bailey gives a multi-layered performance with exceptional chemistry with moments that make you smile, swoon, and cry. As a lead, Jonathan Bailey is more than equipped to take on the role of the protagonist. Opposite him is the wonderful Simone Ashley as Kate Sharma, a newcomer to the ton determined to help her sister get all that she wants while ensuring her family survives. Simone Ashley is truly exceptional with so much weight added to a simple look...Kate Sharma and Anthony Bridgerton radiate chemistry from the instant they are on screen together... Their scenes captivate when they are apart but when they are together is when they shine as they radiate chemistry and angst that seduces and breaks your heart while wanting more and more at every turn.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Season 2 video with author Julia Quinn. A bit spoilery. Includes more footage of the lake scene around 9 minutes in. They also mentioned that the Queen is getting a spin-off, which I didn’t know (will not be watching that, LOL).

• Love 3

Oh my goodness! I don't know if this happened to Sunday papers in other cities, but when I picked up my Washington Post, there was a wrapper around the A Section that was Lady Whistledown's latest scandal sheet! Inside that was a photo of Penelope. The Queen was on the back inside and Anthony and the Sharma sisters were on the back. A huge full color ad for Bridgerton. I can't imagine what that cost Netflix, but it's pretty dang impressive! Also, a pleasant treat with all the bad news we have these days. Hope others got the same treatment.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I saw that this show has at least two more seasons after this second season and I also saw Dusen (spelling?) saying that from now on they will be getting "creative" with the story lines. I took that to mean them following the books less. Since I haven't read the books I don't know how closely that was. Maybe they will no longer focus on one particular Bridgerton a season?

I wonder what it means?

I hope it means they start combining because there’s no way they’re getting 8 seasons out of this when the final books are about people are literally children now.even if they recast the show is not “about” them and no one is going to be invested in say, Hyacinth. 

Edited by Conotocarious
24 minutes ago, magdalene said:

I saw that this show has at least two more seasons after this second season and I also saw Dusen (spelling?) saying that from now on they will be getting "creative" with the story lines. I took that to mean them following the books less. Since I haven't read the books I don't know how closely that was. Maybe they will no longer focus on one particular Bridgerton a season?

I wonder what it means?

This season was based on the second book, but a lot of liberties were made.  His comments can really be about anything from changing the order of Bridgerton siblings getting his/her HEA to combining books.

37 minutes ago, magdalene said:

I saw that this show has at least two more seasons after this second season and I also saw Dusen (spelling?) saying that from now on they will be getting "creative" with the story lines.

He's no longer with the show so we don't know what future seasons will look like.  

• Useful 2

I hope they stop straying too far from the source material. There's a reason why the books were popular. Season one stayed pretty close. I can understand if they condense like if they have Benedict and Colin's books combined for season three. And if Daphne is going to be around, either hire Rege to do some guest spots or recast Simon. She can't always be leaving her husband at the country estate.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, magdalene said:

I wonder what it means?

Took my response to the book thread. :) 

From Variety (Warning - the picture that Variety has used in their article is spoilery if you haven't seen the entire season yet): 

“Bridgerton” Season 2 was viewed for 193 million hours over its debut weekend, per Netflix’s newly released Top 10 rankings for the week of March 21-27. That impressive three-day viewership is a record-breaker, as “Bridgerton” Season 2 is now the most-watched Netflix English-language TV title in its premiere weekend in the streamer’s history.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Jonathan Bailey reveals which line he thought Bridgerton audiences would obsess over

It's a great interview, both insightful and funny. Some favorite bits:

Anthony very much begins as a traditional alpha male and his journey is really unpacking the ways that this toxic masculinity has obliterated his happiness, but how much does it mean to you as an out gay man to be the one telling that story? Do you feel like it subverts the trope even further or adds another layer of meaning?

I think it adds another layer of meaning. I love period dramas, I always have, and I've never felt that there's been a real investigation as to why these avoidant men are so disconnected. That was always the appeal. Everything else, who I am in my life, I don't think necessarily comes into it. And if it does, that's something that I haven't thought about. But I always knew from reading that second book that there was a lot in there, and the truth is that the thing that I was most clicked with is losing someone in my early twenties. That's actually the way in. It's interesting that people talk about sexuality a lot to me, that's really on the wrong foot. It's because I've experienced some grief, and that's the thing that I connected with with Anthony. My sexuality didn't come into it really because I do believe with Kate and Anthony, their romance exists because it's rooted in high stakes, and complicated overcomings. There's so much that they have to they have to try and control, and that's innately sexy. And that's to do with grief and responsibility.

That scene with Gregory where Anthony talks about their father was so beautiful. How did that come to be? And what was it like filming that for you?

Yeah, I loved it. It was particularly special because I did speak to Chris Van Dusen really early on. As soon as I read episode 3, I said to myself, it really feels like in episode 8 it would be amazing to have a conversation with Anthony and either all of his siblings or they go back to the father's grave. I thought about back to Aubrey Hall. And then I said or maybe it's to Hyacinth or Gregory. Gregory because it will show the distance in male responsibility within that family. It was brilliant because whenever there's something like that listened to it shows how collaborative it can be. Despite this being a massive juggernaut show and so many people involved. Chris Van Dusen has been the ultimate captain with his ability to sensitively draw these different characters. He's basically the ultimate conductor of this sexy orchestra. We'll miss him dearly./QUOTE]

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 3/28/2022 at 12:05 PM, Atlanta said:

I hope they stop straying too far from the source material. There's a reason why the books were popular. Season one stayed pretty close. I can understand if they condense like if they have Benedict and Colin's books combined for season three. And if Daphne is going to be around, either hire Rege to do some guest spots or recast Simon. She can't always be leaving her husband at the country estate.

Alfie from Emily in Paris would make a pretty good recast. He doesn't quite have the aristrocratic bearing that Rege nailed but I think he'd still work:

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Good critique of the show and the race topic in it. I think the show is fun to watch, in fact it is the only thing coming out of Shondaland I can stand to watch. I like that the writer also points out what is, to me, how Shonda knows how to use the system to make money. To me she has always been a grifter that is not concerned about the reality of race inequality and oppression because it is not part of her class.

There are some spoilers about season 1

https://www.thenation.com/article/culture/bridgerton-racism-shonda-rhimes/

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Glamour interview with Lizzy Talbot, the intimacy coordinator on Bridgerton. (Contains spoilery info if you haven't watched the entire season yet). A few bits I enjoyed: 

Were there any scenes or moments you choreographed that didn’t make the cut this season?

Yeah, there's always quite a few. It was the same in season one. There were loads of scenes that didn't make it. We always do more than we need to so there are many options in the edit. I think that that's a really important thing. I know people have been frustrated that there haven't been more [sex scenes], but part of it is that we want to give our absolute best. There are loads of scenes that don't make the final edit—that's just the world of film. What we are really confident in is that the sex scenes that are in, we're really proud of.

What are you making of all the thirst around Anthony this season? Last year his character was more of a cad and now he's a romantic lead. How did you play up that sex appeal? 

I always thought he was bringing it pretty hard in season one, actually. I loved the relationship between him and Siena. I thought they had a real playfulness that was really beautiful. It was a relationship that could never be, but it was still quite steamy to watch. So it's not super hard to make the transition. I think the removal of the sideburns went a long way for a lot of people. [Laughs.] 

He's just got such wonderful depth as an actor. He can take you from heartbreak to hilarity in moments. I think really what we're seeing in this season is his breadth of talent. That's going to be incredibly attractive to an audience because you get to see so much range from one person.

• Love 6