Type keyword(s) to search

Bridgerton In Media: Bodice Ripped From the Headlines

• Start Topic

Kate and Anthony focused video - but it does seem to suggest that this season, Francesca might - might - have more than one line, and might - MIGHT - even have a tiny bit of plot!

I shall try not to get my hopes up.

• Like 7

1. I mean, I don't want to read too much into this - I really don't - but that's, like, MULTIPLE SHOTS OF FRANCESCA.

Is she - is she really - getting a plot this season?

2. Oh, Eloise. Cressida Cowper? Really? I mean, your sister Francesca is right there apparently trying to have a plot! And you are choosing to hang with Cressida Cowper? Yeee-ikes.

3. I see that Luke Newton physically prepared for shirtless moments. I approve.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3

I'd like to take this opportunity to applaud the makeovers the show has given Penelope and Colin for this season. Good job, show!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I know I always write about how this show is the highlight of my entire existence but like come  on now! That trailer was so good! Watching Penelope work on her confidence like that!? Yes please! Eloise becoming friends with Cressida just to spite Penelope? And the production value of it all? Hell yes. Give it to me all. I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Kirsty said:

I'd like to take this opportunity to applaud the makeovers the show has given Penelope and Colin for this season. Good job, show!

Penelope is legit so stunning in many of the those shots, but particularly the one where she smiles as she first meets Lord Debling in the trailer. Just beautiful. And Colin’s first trailer appearance….where he kisses the hand of that young woman…good god what a glow up.

I am very very very excited for this season.

Edited by Conotocarious
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

It looks like Lady Danbury will be helping someone pick out a suitor. With the editing, I couldn't tell whom she was talking to, maybe Penelope, though Francesca seems more likely.

I think Francesca is definitely getting a plot this season. I haven't read the books, but from what I understand, she has a relationship that precedes her book, so they have to do the set-up to her story in an earlier season.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
26 minutes ago, mrsbagnet said:

It looks like Lady Danbury will be helping someone pick out a suitor. With the editing, I couldn't tell whom she was talking to, maybe Penelope, though Francesca seems more likely.

I think it is Francesca as well.  I doubt Lady D would have anything to do with an of the Featheringtons.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, mrsbagnet said:

I think Francesca is definitely getting a plot this season. I haven't read the books, but from what I understand, she has a relationship that precedes her book, so they have to do the set-up to her story in an earlier season.

Without getting into major spoiler territory for the books, yes, she does.

That said, I am assuming that seasons four and five will be the Benedict and Eloise seasons, giving Bridgerton about three seasons to develop Francesca's first relationship.

Some guesses for this season based on the trailer, under spoiler marks for mild book spoilers and casting info: 

Spoiler

My guess is that Francesca will not meet either John or Michael until the end of the season - largely because until then, Francesca will probably mostly be used in contrast to Penelope.  We already saw a bit of this from the trailer, regarding the attention that Bridgertons get compared to non-Bridgertons. So I'm guessing that Penelope - and to a lesser extent Eloise - will end up watching as the introverted Francesca learns to navigate the ton without needing lessons from Colin and without feeling the need to make friends with people like Cressida. 

That allows Francesca to meet John at the end of this season, and potentially celebrate her engagement with a nice masquerade ball at the start of season four - and consider hiring her own maid, partly for the mid-season wedding, partly to go with her to Scotland. John can then die at the end of season four - or the start of season five - letting Francesca have one or two years to grieve, before having her romance with Michael in season five or six. 

This fits with the fact that so far, at least, Netflix has not announced any casting for John or Michael - easy to do if neither one of them shows up until the season finale. And it gives the show some time to to let audiences get to know Francesca so that they will actually care enough to watch season five or six.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Colin's superhero eyebrows??!

Bridgerton Designer Explains How Color Theory Aided Penelope and Colin’s Season 3 Glow-Ups

“In Seasons 1 and 2, we emphasized all the rounds, so his hair was quite round. His costume also had a lot of frills, so we didn’t see his square jawline,” Emmy-winning hair and makeup designer Erika Ökvist tells TVLine.

In Season 3, however, they’ve revealed the actor’s jawline with a fresh haircut and a seemingly endless supply of open shirts, and highlighted his “superhero eyebrows” with strategic makeup.

Penelope (Nicola Coughlan), the season’s leading lady, also undergoes a small on-screen transformation, swapping out her bright and frilly dresses for a demurer look. 

It’s the result of Bridgerton’s hair, makeup and costume designers utilizing color theory — combining different colors to create a certain mood or emotion — to make Portia’s third-born daughter appear much more sophisticated compared to previous installments.

Even Penelope’s hair looks darker and more elegant despite Coughlan wearing the same wig she’s had since Season 1. “The reason why it doesn’t look as bright, why it looks more sensual and elegant, is because the yellow in the dresses that she used to wear in Season 1 enhanced the red and the orange,” Ökvist explains.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Bridgerton Stylist Details Everything That Went Into Queen Charlotte’s Showstopping Season 3 Wig

Promotional videos of Queen Charlotte reveal the monarch’s most jaw-dropping wig yet: a white, Fabergé egg-inspired piece complete with an oil painted backdrop and motorized crystal swans nestled inside.

While we can’t reveal the exact details around the event that called for such a wig, Ökvist tells TVLine that the moment required the stylish ruler to have “the best wig she’s ever had, or at least the most spectacular.”

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Despite how long each season of “Bridgerton” takes to make — Season 3 is premiering more than two years after Season 2 — Rhimes and her longtime producing partner, Betsy Beers, are committed to bringing all eight of Julia Quinn’s novels to the screen.

“I’ll be a granny gumming my food,” Beers says of how long the endeavor will take, “but we want to make sure that there’s ‘Bridgerton’ for all of us who love it.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great to hear they're planning lots more seasons! 😃

This, however...

10 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Despite how long each season of “Bridgerton” takes to make — Season 3 is premiering more than two years after Season 2

...falsely makes it sound like it takes over 2 years to make a season. No, it does not. The gap between the first two seasons was a year and three months.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the long delay between seasons 2 and 3 is a result of strikes in Hollywood, plus Netflix choosing to push back the planned December 2023 release to May 2024.

Edited by Kirsty
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Kirsty said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the long delay between seasons 2 and 3 is a result of strikes in Hollywood, plus Netflix choosing to push back the planned December 2023 release to May 2024.

Netflix has waited until the SAG-AFTRA strike is resolved so that the cast members can participate in the promotional activities planned for S03.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Netflix has waited until the SAG-AFTRA strike is resolved so that the cast members can participate in the promotional activities planned for S03.

That's a part of it; the strike ended in early November and I'm sure Netflix wanted to do more than a month of promotion for a new season of this show.

But I'd also bet that, as a result of the strikes, the Netflix cupboard is looking a little bare this year, in terms of the desired exciting line-up of shows and movies that would draw in new subscribers and hold onto current subscribers. So there's a need to more carefully ration out the shows and movies they do have in the meantime, especially their heavy-hitters like Bridgerton.

• Like 2