Type keyword(s) to search

Bridgerton In Media: Bodice Ripped From the Headlines

• Start Topic

On 6/1/2022 at 9:54 PM, anamika said:

If the show is determined to do Eloise/Philip, I honestly wouldn't mind if George Crane turned up alive. It's war after all. There's a lot of historical romance out there where dead soldier turns up alive after many years and everyone thought them dead. George comes back and Marina finally gets her happy ending!

Spoiler

I think that's the only way I could see this show being able to go there. After the Ruby Barker news, there is no way I can buy Marina being killed off. They cannot be dumb enough to not realize the optics of this. Have Marina fall in love and run off with the kids and the new love. Don't make this the Sound of Music without the singing.

• Love 5

From an Italian interview JB did for Variety

Our time is running out, but I can't help but ask him: did you get the script for Bridgerton 3 ? «Yes ( laughs , ed.). I read the first two episodes while driving from France, and I think they are great. I can't wait to support Luke ( Newton , ed), my little brother, also because in life we are very friends. I've just spent the last month and a half checking him out and making sure he has everything he needs, that he knows everything. I already know that he will be fine. "

Does taking a step back from the lead role scare you? “It's only fair that I step back, step back into the background and enjoy the beautiful world of Bridgerton we are building together. Nothing else matters"

Luke and Nicola posted pics from what seems to be beginning of prep for filming S3

FVoQut7X0AA5pQX?format=jpg&name=large

With the new showrunner, Jess Brownell. They all seem very excited.

FVoQut1WQAE2_Ik?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, anamika said:

I doubt this is true, but I wouldn't mind seeing these two in scenes once again. Their chemistry was 🔥

FVuJRHfXoAUlyzK?format=jpg&name=medium

FVt1KHMX0AgiVjj?format=jpg&name=large

Only fair that we get some Kate/Anthony and Daphne/Simon since Featheringtons, Marina and Pen/Colin took up plot time in both seasons.

Hormones shot up to the moon. Danggg what 2 gorgeous men!

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ouinason said:

Can Colin please be scruffy?  🥺

I don't know, can he? This looks like it needs some help to come in right. It's patchy, but it adds to Colin's boy trying to become a man vibe.

• Love 2

Rege-Jean has confirmed on his instagram that he is not coming back to the show. Honestly, the tabloids should just leave him alone. The guy has moved onto bigger things and is very clearly not interested in reprising his role in Bridgerton.

If the show really needs the duke they will simply recast the role like they did with Francesca. Or they will make it a running gag about the Duke being away somewhere whenever Daphne shows up baby in hand. Or they will just show the back of his head in shots.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, anamika said:

Rege-Jean has confirmed on his instagram that he is not coming back to the show. Honestly, the tabloids should just leave him alone. The guy has moved onto bigger things and is very clearly not interested in reprising his role in Bridgerton.

If the show really needs the duke they will simply recast the role like they did with Francesca. Or they will make it a running gag about the Duke being away somewhere whenever Daphne shows up baby in hand. Or they will just show the back of his head in shots.

Yeah, I just saw this, I was right, grain of salt (more like of whole silo of it) it was. 🥺

crb7u5tbj2791.jpg?width=418&auto=webp&s=

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

Jonathan Bailey has been cast as Matthew Bomer's love interest in Fellow Travelers for Showtime.  While this initially got me excited (holy hotness), now I'm worried that we won't get that makeup screen time some of us were hoping for that was taken by the Featheringtons.

It sounds like the productions will overlap. This article says it won't but Bridgerton films for months.  And Fellow Travelers starts filming soon.

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/fellow-travelers-series-48882631

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

Jonathan Bailey has been cast as Matthew Bomer's love interest in Fellow Travelers for Showtime.  While this initially got me excited (holy hotness), now I'm worried that we won't get that makeup screen time some of us were hoping for that was taken by the Featheringtons.

It sounds like the productions will overlap. This article says it won't but Bridgerton films for months.  And Fellow Travelers starts filming soon.

Happy for the actors moving onto other shows, but yeah, it's disappointing that there's not going to be a lot of Kate and Anthony in season 3.

Honestly, I have been expecting this from interviews with the new showrunner. She put Anthony and Kate at the same level as Daphne. I don't think we will be getting much from them. I think Francesca (Probably why the role was recast), Benedict and Eloise will be the secondary characters getting the big plots along with Polin.

I wouldn't mind this so much (Their season is done) if the show had focused properly on it's season 2 leads instead of pointless Featherington side plots and LW drama. The writing for Kate especially left me wanting more for the character in season 3. I wouldn't mind if Kate got more scenes than Anthony - with Violet and Eloise and just running things for the Bridgertons.

Oh well. It is what it is. At least after this season, hopefully there is less of the Featheringtons going forward.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Door County Cherry said:

Holy hotness in deed!

• Love 5

I'm happy for the actors that their run as leads has led to good things. I'm seeing Simone everywhere as well, I'm sure she'll announce new projects soon. :-)

As for season three: I think Bailey probably has been able to take on a lead role in such an extended series because he knows how much he is needed/not needed on the set of Bridgerton. His contract for Bridgerton has priority because it is of longer standing, I would think. That said, if they want to give Anthony (and Kate) a decent plot, they can still do so. It's certainly possible to block the necessary time and shoot relevant scenes for him in a few weeks/a month or so, he'll be a supporting act anyway from now on. I don't think his other project will be shooting for 8 months or so, which is how long Bridgerton productions have tended to go. 

But yeah, I did think the excess of Featheringtons was a pity in season two. There's just stuff for Kate and Anthony that they can't ever cover now, even though they're still in the series and will get nice scenes, I'm sure. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

I also know that both Johnathan and Matt have said it was important to them to be able to play gay leading men. I’m glad they are getting these roles. I don’t have Showtime any more but I will likely check this out. 

• Love 12
On 7/16/2022 at 12:17 AM, katha said:

I'm happy for the actors that their run as leads has led to good things. I'm seeing Simone everywhere as well, I'm sure she'll announce new projects soon. :-)

As for season three: I think Bailey probably has been able to take on a lead role in such an extended series because he knows how much he is needed/not needed on the set of Bridgerton. His contract for Bridgerton has priority because it is of longer standing, I would think. That said, if they want to give Anthony (and Kate) a decent plot, they can still do so. It's certainly possible to block the necessary time and shoot relevant scenes for him in a few weeks/a month or so, he'll be a supporting act anyway from now on. I don't think his other project will be shooting for 8 months or so, which is how long Bridgerton productions have tended to go. 

But yeah, I did think the excess of Featheringtons was a pity in season two. There's just stuff for Kate and Anthony that they can't ever cover now, even though they're still in the series and will get nice scenes, I'm sure. 

I hope so. I want to see more Anthony and Kate enjoying married life and clashing. There was too much Featherington. Hopefully, that's done or will be done in season three. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I hope so. I want to see more Anthony and Kate enjoying married life and clashing. There was too much Featherington. Hopefully, that's done or will be done in season three. 

I think we will see a lot of the Featheringtons as they will be causing problems for Pen. I haven’t read the books but the mother and sisters were very dismissive of Pen in season 2, so I imagine that won’t change, unfortunately.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

17 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I think we will see a lot of the Featheringtons as they will be causing problems for Pen. I haven’t read the books but the mother and sisters were very dismissive of Pen in season 2, so I imagine that won’t change, unfortunately.

Taking this to the non-spoiler/speculation discussion thread.

(edited)
On 7/16/2022 at 11:47 AM, katha said:

I don't think his other project will be shooting for 8 months or so, which is how long Bridgerton productions have tended to go.

Fellow Travelers is shooting till December and Bailey is already in Toronto for filming. I don't know how long Bridgerton will film this time around. Last season production started in March, cast started filming in April and it ended in November. They also had two shutdowns due to Covid (I think July there was almost no filming because of a shutdown). Nicola Coughlan also filmed season 3 Derry Girls only in late October when S2 was almost done, while filming for Fellow Travelers will run concurrently with Bridgerton season 3.

Filming this season is definitely going to be easier and faster I would think with not much of a lot of restrictions that were in place last season.

That said, given that there are no strict quarantine rules in place (IMO there should be considering Covid is on the rise again) this time around, Bailey should be able to fly back and forth between Toronto and the UK and do both shows simultaneously. He can show up for the big family scenes and some Kate/Anthony scenes.

I also feel like there should be more Kate in general considering that the show, and Anthony, made such a big deal about how his wife and the future Viscountess would be in charge of his siblings and presenting his sisters to society. Waiting to see if Simone Ashley is announcing any new projects.

Season 3 filming pics spoiler:

Spoiler

There were some filming pictures of a ball with Eloise, Francesca, Violet and maybe Benedict present and it would frustrate me immensely if we are back to Violet front and center and Kate recedes into the background and only popping up being lovey dovey with Anthony.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 3

I think shooting a supporting arc for Kate and Anthony should be no problem, if they want to do that. There could also be the possibility that Bailey and Ashley (I'm assuming she's working on things and hasn't announced yet, she's been everywhere and super busy) are able to book so much extra stuff because they have gotten the scripts and seen that there's not that much content for them. That's not what I'm hoping, but who knows. 

In the long run, what will also prove tricky IMO is those big spectacle scenes. They eat up so much time and basically the cast waits around to do a bit of banter, when they're not leads. I do think lead couples who go back to supporting after their season will probably opt out of those and try to schedule around them because in a career you can't really afford to have background stuff like that eat months of your time while you could have a bigger part somewhere else. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

If Simone Ashley and Jonathan Bailey as supporting characters, with a handful of scenes in which they provide support to a friend or sibling (the usual role for them in the books) it would be relatively simple to block shoot those scenes in a relatively short span.

And since it looks like they were confirmed for season 3 before Bailey was cast in Fellow Travelers, I'm sure the scheduling was worked out to have the least impact on either show's schedule as possible. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

That's probably true. I always do worry when actors and actresses get other gigs especially when their supporting or drop to supporting roles. I really, really do want them to get tons of great parts but I don't want them to leave their show their on. I want to see more of Kate and Anthony together but worry that eventually both actors will leave the show as there will be less to do as each sibling is focused on and there's less to do.    

Edited by andromeda331
  • Like 3

Also, some info on three new male castmembers:

Netflix‘s Bridgerton has added Daniel Francis (Stay Close), Sam Phillips (The Crown), and James Phoon (Wreck) to its Season 3 cast as filming begins in London.

Francis plays Marcus Anderson, a charismatic presence who lights up any room he enters, attracting the notice of certain matriarchs in the town — and the ire of others. Phillips plays Lord Debling, a genial lord with unusual interests. But with wealth and a noble title to back up his eccentricities, he’ll have no shortage of interest from young ladies this season. Phoon plays Harry Dankworth; what he lacks in wit and intelligence, he more than makes up for with serious good looks.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/22/2022 at 4:10 PM, bijoux said:

Alice Mondrich, wife of former boxer, current barkeep Will Mondrich.

On 7/24/2022 at 11:02 PM, andromeda331 said:

I hope they give both of them more to do. They were both completely wasted last season.

Taking this to the Speculation Topic.

17 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

https://apple.news/ADd0c_OP3TxuyCvvIaiFTcQ

Photos of the new Francesca

The VC Andrews fans among us @CountryGirl, @Daisy , @andromeda331 and many others just watched Hannah Dodd portray Corrine Foxworth in Lifetime’s “Flowers in the Attic: The Origin”. She can act and is quite beautiful, but this hair color is doing her NO favors. Is it a wig? I get wanting to make her a brunette like most of the Bridgertons, but maybe a honey brown to compliment her coloring. The color is so FLAT, and she’s so beautiful.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

IMO they're never good with the women's hair in particular anyway. Daphne's wig in the first season was just laughably bad. Kate had super severe wigs sometimes where the hairline looked very unnatural. Pen's is also bad, but she's supposed to be styled in unflattering ways, so Idk how much of that is deliberate. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, katha said:

IMO they're never good with the women's hair in particular anyway. Daphne's wig in the first season was just laughably bad. Kate had super severe wigs sometimes where the hairline looked very unnatural. Pen's is also bad, but she's supposed to be styled in unflattering ways, so Idk how much of that is deliberate. 

That's true. Is it that hard to find good wigs? 

On 8/7/2022 at 3:54 AM, Cetacean said:
On 8/6/2022 at 9:26 PM, andromeda331 said:

That's true. Is it that hard to find good wigs? 

It must be.  The ones on Hallmark are horrendous.

The wigs on Game of Thrones were notoriously bad as well.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, kassandra8286 said:

It really must be hard to find good wigs. Game of Thrones, Bridgerton seem like they would have the money for good wigs or at least decent ones.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

It really must be hard to find good wigs. Game of Thrones, Bridgerton seem like they would have the money for good wigs or at least decent ones.

13 hours ago, kassandra8286 said:

Even huge pop stars like Lady Gaga  often have terrible wigs even though she is insanely rich. It's a mystery.

il_570xN.3607520842_p2ha.jpgarticle-0-195B57B700000578-368_634x779.j

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Harvey said:

Even huge pop stars like Lady Gaga  often have terrible wigs even though she is insanely rich. It's a mystery.

Have you seen the wigs Ava Max wears? They are so obviously fake, I'm assuming it's deliberate.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeZV8OqSLjyYXTB7AmmRk  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTSIYZrCr1ucsmaRiNwvA   images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXd6U8377rozF5NQmh5mY

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Newest article I found here, Hannah has a light brown color which suits her. Maybe just a shade or two deeper in this same tone. 

image.thumb.png.14be7d20031468d38513e51e51dee49d.png

In the Flowers in the Attic: the Origin, she was a light blonde, her natural color may be in-between. I think she is a little bit like Phoebe Dynevor, although Hannah has a more classic oval face, and Phoebe has a more interesting face. They could be sisters I think (visually).

image.png.7cd15fa6cc7ad32e664c104a8020dfbe.png

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I think Gaga's wigs are bad on purpose, meaning she wears them as an over-the-top accessory. IRL it seems like a wigs have gone from "an imitation of real hair" to something worn as an accessory, kind of like it is for Queen Charlotte on the show. Maybe we're getting back to that, fashion-wise. Though not with wigs that huge, I hope. 😄

• Wink 1
  • Love 4

Well. Considering I fast forward through most of Penelope and Colin this is going to be a quick watch for me. If I even bother. I watched the first look footage. Are people really clamoring to see this or is it all PR? I can’t get a feel for the general opinion around them being the next couple. I actually would have liked to see Benedict. In 2 seasons I’ve seen no chemistry with Pen and Colin and I’m usually very easy when it comes to friends to lovers trope. Especially when it’s the girl with the crush. I may identify a little heavily with that kind of situation…..

• Love 2
5 hours ago, MissL said:

Well. Considering I fast forward through most of Penelope and Colin this is going to be a quick watch for me. If I even bother. I watched the first look footage. Are people really clamoring to see this or is it all PR? I can’t get a feel for the general opinion around them being the next couple. I actually would have liked to see Benedict. In 2 seasons I’ve seen no chemistry with Pen and Colin and I’m usually very easy when it comes to friends to lovers trope. Especially when it’s the girl with the crush. I may identify a little heavily with that kind of situation…..

Bruh, Penelope's book is next level amazing and her character arc in it is beautiful. She is also by far the most developed female character in the series. Her season will be just fine, you just have to open your mind to it.

• Love 3