Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E18: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

Gosh, I’ve had more fun reading your comments than watching the show. 

I don’t believe Lu trying to push out tears during her hug and make up with Dorinda. Fake...all the way. I don’t know if Dorinda’s tears were real, but it could be the overpowering emotions felt while waiting to get a drink. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Tinsley wins part one by readily admitting she heckled. 

AND that she messed up while doing it yelling Giovanni.. LOL!! That's was awesome. That's what owning it looks like... (looking at you Teddi)

• LOL 6
  • Love 12

Andy said that Dennis had been to the three prior reunions with Bethenny.  So why wasn't he adult enough to get on camera in S8 and talk about his marital status, rather than have Bethenny rope his daughter into a clearly staged phone conversation?

I'm guessing Lu had those texts with Dorinda about John's attendance at her show screenshotted or bookmarked or something, because it would take me forever to scroll back through 1.5 years of texts on my phone, and I'm hardly a prolific texter.  That just seemed verrry convenient. And then they didn't prove anything she thought they did.

I do think Ramona's teeth look way better than either LVP's or Kyle's chompers.  Those still look like wind-up joke teeth to me.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, nexxie said:

Lu seems really desperate about that show of hers - like she’ll melt into a puddle on the floor if she can’t be on a stage somewhere, anywhere. Sad. 

Well that's what's getting her mind off her troubles and helping her push through. Why is that so bad? It means a lot to her, I don't get why that's supposed to be something wrong. 

• Love 19
12 hours ago, breezy424 said:

You guys are on fire.  By the time, I've gotten here I can only add the 27th shut up Beth.  She going a hundred miles an hour about herself.  And sorry Beth, Scott appearing on the show a couple of times doesn't mean he wants to be a regular so you're not right to make that argument.

Yeah Lu.  You justify your horrible behavior by constantly saying you were dealing with your own 'stuff'.  No excuse.

Why do we have to see Beth's reaction to 'everything'? 

Tin's reactions for the most part (when we actually got to see them) was mostly annoyed.  I wanted to sit next to her.  Good for her that she admitted she heckled.  As someone else said, she won the night.

What horrible behavior that wasn't prompted by some nastiness on the parts of the others at one point or another. I'm still trying to figure out this equation that continues to get thrown out there. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Higgins said:

Why was she manic? Is she Bipolar? Was she in drug induced mania? 

Bethenny didn't elaborate.  Apparently LuAnn went off the rails in some form or fashion.  I feel bad for her in that sense.  

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, izabella said:

What the text cleared up for me was that Luann didn't know if Dorinda considers John her boyfriend and takes him on Housewives things as her date.  We haven't seen much of him on camera lately, so if she doesn't bring him around, I can see why Lu wouldn't automatically invite him.  So, in her mind, it was up to Dorinda to ask and she shouldn't have waited until the day of the event to ask.  I get that.  We often wonder whether they are actually in a relationship or not since Dorinda keeps him at arms length.

Dorinda has always called John her boyfriend. She treats him terribly, won't let him stay the night, and has said she'll never marry him, but he's always been her boyfriend. John isn't really appearing on the show because the audience response to John and their relationship is pretty bad.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

She treats him terribly, won't let him stay the night, and has said she'll never marry him, but he's always been her boyfriend.

Funny that Dorinda is okay with how she treats him, but one perceived non-invitation from LuAnn sends her over the edge.  Sheesh! 

45 minutes ago, izabella said:

Worst dressed goes to Sonja with her 80's prom dress knock-off. 

I didn't like the style of the dress, but I thought that the color of it looked good on her.  I rarely like any of the dresses the ladies (all franchises) choose for their reunions.  They're usually tacky and over-the-top.  Less is more when it comes to sequins.  

• Love 11
10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Bethenny's description of her relationship with Dennis didn't sound good to me. His constantly pulling her in, then pushing her away. Disappearing for days with not even a phone call.  Making a date to be with B and Brynn on Mother's day, then not showing up, sleeping all day,  leaving B and Brynn alone that day. Only wanting her when she started dating someone else, then it was time for rings and marriage proposals. And he was such a great guy because why? Sounds like he did nothing but fuck with Bethenny's head. As if she wasn't fucked up enough already. I've heard all I want to hear about Dennis. 

See, I caught that too. Making plans with her and Brynn on Mother's Day then no showing? To sleep in bed all day??

Although, my initial thought was that he didn't sleep in bed all day but decided to participate in plans with his own children and their mother.

Some may think that's a stretch but considering he was still married to her and was still on good terms with her leads me to believe that it's more of a possibility than not. Sounds to me that Beth was his side piece while still being in his "estranged" marriage. Never think you're someone's one and only while he's still married to someone else. 

Amicable splits that have no legal or official documentation just means they are, at the very least, each others friends w/benefits and or fuck buddies til further notice. Just sayin'

Been there, done that. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

Anyone sit in shock as Luann and Bethenny discussed the request for 6M? Like, I hesitated to ask a friend for $2.00 to cover a parking meter once when I didn’t have change. 6M?? Luann has no sense of shame. And to ask Bethenny to ask Dennis, a man she readily admits she didn’t know well, after he got her amazing legal representation...wow, just wow (said in Ramona voice).

Well since it's been addressed over and over again that Lu was in a pretty bad state of mind at the time I'm not understanding what's so outrageous about it. It's pretty much the bulk of the seasons story line. Lu was behaving erratically and needed intervention.  I mean, no one, including Lu, is hiding the fact that Lu went a bit out of her mind at the time so why is anyone assigning such pearl clutching to that going down.? It confuses me when it's used against her when those moments were pretty much the deciding factors in trying to get Lu help since she was being so erratic in her behavior. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

When she was crying about how he promised her the best Mother's Day and then never showed up and left her and Bryn all alone, as if they were stranded somewhere, I was waiting for her to say it was because he chose to spend the day with his wife, the mother of his children.

Is Paul still married as well?

This is what I think he actually did but that would just mean Beth overstepped her place by expecting a Mother's Day with him so instead she decided he stood her up in order to be in bed all day.

Does that explanation really jive? Not to me it doesn't. 

• Love 13
(edited)
24 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Dorinda has always called John her boyfriend. She treats him terribly, won't let him stay the night, and has said she'll never marry him, but he's always been her boyfriend. John isn't really appearing on the show because the audience response to John and their relationship is pretty bad.

John is a doormat to Dorinda and just a connivence  to her. She said it flat out when she said she was just in it for the laundry.

John needs to trade up. It won’t be hard to find an upgrade to this darken harpy.

Edited by langford peel
  • Love 14
13 hours ago, nexxie said:

Lu seems really desperate about that show of hers - like she’ll melt into a puddle on the floor if she can’t be on a stage somewhere, anywhere. Sad. 

She will be headlining at Waffle Houses soon. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

Lu and the $6M house:  My understanding was that she fell in love with $6M house in upstate NY, not in same city where her current house is.  She planned to sell her Hamptons house and use that money towards $6M house.  Her ex and kids said not so fast because Lu was supposed to put $$ from sale of previous house into a trust for the kids.   But, she did not do that.  She put the $$ from sale of previous house into purchasing Hamptons house so ex and kids started legal proceedings to block her from selling Hamptons house.  So, her offer for the $6M house falls apart.  Hence the manic behavior over losing the $6M house and calling people asking for money.  She informally works things out with ex and kids - Hamptons house is not for sale, Lu doesn’t live in it, I believe the kids were added to the title, and Lu buys $1M house she can afford.

• Useful 6
  • Love 13
39 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

Lu and the $6M house:  My understanding was that she fell in love with $6M house in upstate NY, not in same city where her current house is.  She planned to sell her Hamptons house and use that money towards $6M house.  Her ex and kids said not so fast because Lu was supposed to put $$ from sale of previous house into a trust for the kids.   But, she did not do that.  She put the $$ from sale of previous house into purchasing Hamptons house so ex and kids started legal proceedings to block her from selling Hamptons house.  So, her offer for the $6M house falls apart.  Hence the manic behavior over losing the $6M house and calling people asking for money.  She informally works things out with ex and kids - Hamptons house is not for sale, Lu doesn’t live in it, I believe the kids were added to the title, and Lu buys $1M house she can afford.

This. Although she still owns the Hamptons house and is spending a lot of time there Summer, both with/without the kids. 

I know Ramona copped to new teeth but she also appeared to have some re-work done around her eyes.  I think that's what promoted Andy's question.

Dorinda is not someone I'd choose to be close to.  She gets so nasty at the smallest slight.  That friendship will never be the same and I don't blame Luann for distancing herself (for many reasons).  Something about Dorinda seems extremely volatile. No bueno.

• Love 15
14 hours ago, Gini67 said:

She said she had several cavities on her FRONT teeth..?? 😳😳😳

Drinkers get a lot of cavities if they don't brush their teeth before they pass out. So Ramona may have had some cavities on her front teeth...

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

Bethenny is down right abrasive on every level and I can't imagine any man alive being able to tolerate her.   

And, yet, she seems to date as much as any of the other women - probably more. I really would like to know how she does it because she certainly puts herself out there - warts and all. 

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, mwell345 said:

When Dennis died, I looked at some of the obituaries for him - and not one mentioned the time and place for his service.  Unusual, but I thought that perhaps the family wanted privacy, which is understandable.

And yet, we were treated to paparazzi photos of a grieving Bethenny at the actual service.  Wonder how they knew when and where to go?

Bethenny is nothing, if not self-serving. 

She acts like she's Jackie F***ing O.  I wouldn't wish the death of a loved one on anyone, but I would think many people would want to keep a lot of these details private.

4 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

This is so true. Boring!

One take away, I hate Lu's song so much . I woke up at 1am and that damn song was in my head🥺😳 I hate it so much I won't ever say it's name. Damn you Lu.

This is so funny

4 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Why do they always look so much worse and haggard during these reunions?  Is it cruel lighting or something? 

Too much stage makeup?  I honestly wonder if Sonja got fillers or something for the event.  Her mouth looks so different.  Ramona obviously did her teeth.  They go way overboard.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Jextella said:

I gotta give it to Luanne for swallowing a bit of humble pie during the reunion and owning her crazed behavior.   Although I suspect she had a bit of a talking-to by Bravo heavys.   Come clean or don't show up.

Oh come on.  Why should Bravo care if Luann owns up to anything?  Her behaviour is what makes her, her.  I thought she was really introspective, but I was surprised.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Well that's what's getting her mind off her troubles and helping her push through. Why is that so bad? It means a lot to her, I don't get why that's supposed to be something wrong. 

I said sad, not wrong. The problem comes when/if she doesn’t have it anymore - at some point Lu needs to gain the inner strength to heal, and not need alcohol or drugs - including the drugs of attention and fame. Hope she is getting help from a talented therapist.

• Love 12
(edited)
19 minutes ago, jinjer said:

Drinkers get a lot of cavities if they don't brush their teeth before they pass out. So Ramona may have had some cavities on her front teeth...

I think Ramona said she had cavities underneath her original veneers.  That can happen.  I'm pretty serious about dental care now, (not so much in my younger days) and I don't drink anywhere near as much as Ramona appears to drink, but I've gotten cavities under crowns.  I thought Ramona's new veneers looked good - the right size for her mouth.  As opposed to her implants, which are too big for her body.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
(edited)
4 hours ago, Jextella said:

I gotta give it to Luanne for swallowing a bit of humble pie during the reunion and owning her crazed behavior.   Although I suspect she had a bit of a talking-to by Bravo heavys.   Come clean or don't show up.

14 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Oh come on.  Why should Bravo care if Luann owns up to anything?  Her behaviour is what makes her, her.  I thought she was really introspective, but I was surprised.

I think Luann realizes how much she needs this show, if only to continue to promote her cabaret show.  After seeing her behavior, she realized how annoyed the other women were with her.  So, she's going to humble herself at the reunion, make nice and apologize for her behavior, but next season (if she's brought back), she will be back to being "sober"/entitled/selfish Luann.  

Edited by njbchlover
Edited to add quotation marks around the word "sober" because I don't think that Luann is staying sober.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

The thing is, I don't even really like Lu but to me, Dorinda's behavior is so beyond-the-pale that I find myself defending Lu. Even with the text that Lu read, I could understand why she was like "John isn't my problem" because on the day she's having her show, the last thing she needs to worry about is Dorinda's boyfriend who she doesn't even seem to like all that much. 

And it still astounds me that Dorinda tries to claim that she wasn't drunkenly heckling Lu. She realizes it's on video and we all saw it, right?

Exactly!

Ok Lu's text seemed a bit harsh BUUUUTTTT I totally get what happened there. Dorinda comes in hot via text on the day of Lu's show so right there Lu's rolling her eyes at the inconsideration. In her initial response (which, IMO,  should have been the end of the issue) Lu sends her a very positive and polite response/solution to the problem.

Dorinda still responds with attitude, aggravation and continues to dump this ridiculousness in Lu's lap even AFTER Lu has pretty much addressed the problem and offered up a fix. Now mind you Lu began her response to Dorinda with "I'm getting a mammogram..." 

Once Dorinda ignored that detail and continued on her angry texts, I'm pretty sure the switch flipped and Lu was all like awwwww hell no! Lu's texts became more detached because now Lu's mad that Dorinda is expecting Lu to put her stupid issues with John above what she's got going on at the moment and at that very moment she is, and forgive me if it seems corny or over dramatic of me to say, getting a mammogram. 

Look, the minute I heard Lu mention the mammogram I cringed cause I already knew that detail was going to affect the mindset of the exchange with Dorinda. No surprise that I was on Lu's side there because I think it's hella fuck up,  after hearing that your friend is having a mammogram that your immediate response ISN'T "is this an annual checkup? Is everything ok?" Yes, at their ages it can be assumed that she was just going in for a wellness visit but even those are unnerving. I say this as a women who has had multiple thick breast tissue masses that prompted ultra sounds and check ups and even a solid mass that had to be biopsied (benign). And it all started in my 20's, which doesn't count the time when I was 16 and felt a lump that my doctor said should go away on it's own and it did (no mammogram that time).

You don't just blaze through something like that and continue berating your friend about your sorta boyfriend that you treat like shit on the regular and especially not after the response you received offered up a solution. No Dorinda wanted to bitch out Lu because John was mad at Dorinda and so she wanted to shift her anger onto a new target and Lu wasn't having it. I say good for Lu. One thing about Lu is that she cuts to the chase and she doesn't entertain the bullshit. And it's contributed to the label of being self absorbed but in reality I see it as her not letting them bait her into some foolish attempts are making her their whipping boy. Sure she grates and all that but Lu doing Lu really isn't the worse thing a person can do. Not in this day in age where everyone promotes "look out for number one first before you can make anyone else happy" Unless your Lu that is.

Lu is throwing herself into her cabaret as a diversion but these women want to penalize her for not finding the energy or strength to coddle them and their fake needs during her struggles. You know cause apparently even when you're life's a hot mess you're still expected to maintain perfect social graces at all time. And it also seems that none of these women can handle difficult circumstances within friendships without becoming completely unhinged and resent the fact that Lu can shift gears, steel up and push through so they've labelled her self absorbed, uncaring and a taker.

I'm sure she has taken but she was also trying her best to keep active and to keep reaching for whatever would stabilize her at the time and if she's wasn't as "gracious" as they wanted her to be in that process then I really don't fault her. I'm more offended at their unrealistic expectations of Lu and what they tried to hold her too during that time. So Lu's being self absorbed, ok, big whoop, but then through out the season the women slowly escalate all of Lu's missteps into some huge issue that ends with Lu being some huge friend abuser complete with heinous acts of joking on Tins for slurring during her beratement of Lu, Going off on her own for a 2 hour trip to the beach, trying to hog a massage table (which the episode that includes producer remarks pointed out that the ladies PAY FOR massages, hair and make up people ahead of time before a trip) and not being as gracious as they would like her to be considering she's a drunk and an ex con. I mean that's how it came across to me. People who want someone to cowtow because of some unfortunate circumstances either in their past or that's still ongoing. Just because you can't handle the way someone is working through their issues and aren't keeping your feelings as a top priority at all times doesn't mean it's open season on them. I feel like they never really truly tried to manage their expectations of Lu and instead used her obvious turmoil as a weapon against her all season. Just my opinion. 

My thing is, if you can't keep your judgement out of your interactions with someone and plan on throwing shit in their face, or get easily upset with someone based on where YOU think their ego should be when dealing with you due to the unfortunate circumstances in their lives then Nah, you are just as terrible as the person you think you're better than.  Even worse cause you're using someone else's troubles as a reason to behave cruelly towards them. These women were on a mission to shave Lu down using a situation that already knocked the wind out of her. They were just mad that it didn't knock her to knees so they could finally feel above her. The wind was knocked out of Lu but she continued to fight to stand tall and they resented her for not buckling, not even for a second so they blew up all of Lu's aggravating character traits into these unforgivable transgressions so that they could try to weaken her resolve.

If Lu's pissing you off then pull back. Don't make yourself some hostage, victim she's relentlessly attacking. If she bugs then put some distance and if you feel the need to "be there" then do it with no strings attached. Newsflash, when people are going through shit they may not be the most pleasant. Their balance is off, they have less emotional currency to doll out to others and reserve a lot of that energy for themselves and considering how they felt about Lu's personality BEFORE all this makes their constant criticism of Lu during this time absolutely maddening.  Just because everyone "has their shit" doesn't magically make dealing with your own shit any easier and doesn't magically enable you to be some gracious entity at all times. I'll do my best to keep my shit from affecting how I treat you but if you are constantly in my space demanding pleasantries from me when you know damn well it's coming in shorter and shorter supply then that's where it becomes unacceptable and all bets are off.  You want repayment of that emotional currency before I've even gotten through to the other side then what the hell was the point? That's like lending someone $20 for gas then asking for it back the very next day before they even get paid. It's ridiculous. 

I think Lu was trying her best to simplify as much as she could in her life and it came across as short, chilly and not interested which to be honest who expects a person who's running on empty, trying to refuel, to dish out X amount of energy to deal with minor issues as if they are major problems? All season these women kept lobbying over petty grievances towards Lu demanding she apply serious attention to and depleting what little she had on bullshit. Meanwhile this takes away from her more grueling and pressing problems. That's how the whole season read to me and I don't think Lu was wrong to be reserved, arms length, and surface with them as she was trying to get her footing and figuring out the best way to navigate her new norm. The fact that the women refused to let her get her bearings before admonishing her every move is what left a bad taste in my mouth this season.  

• Love 16
18 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Bethenny has a very close relationship with the press.  She has never denied that. On the way to her wedding, she made the limo she and Jason were riding in stop so she could visit the paparazzi and pose for pictures in some tacky sweatsuit showing off her baby bump.  This is the behavior of a woman who would inform the press about a memorial service.  She has shown not one iota of privacy or discretion in the wake of Dennis's death, so this would not be off the table IMO.

Bethenny never did answer Andy's question about whether she had ever encountered paparazzi in the bushes, waiting to take photos. It should have been a "yes" or "no" answer, not some diatribe about Lu's alleged delusions of grandeur and paranoia. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

Lu didn't produce them to come out smelling like roses just to point out that she offered up a solution and quickly let Dorinda know that John was welcome to participate and that she didn't deliberately snub John. The text was rather rude FROM Dorinda so I'm not surprised that Lu responded the way she did.  So people aren't allowed to be annoyed when someone texts them with petty issues expecting friends to disrupt their day to be dragged into unnecessary drama.

Lu's quick to shut down bullshit and that's what Dorinda's texts were. Bullshit. Even after Lu graciously offered up a positive response and a solution to Dorinda's immediate problem. But of course it wasn't good enough. It was just an attempt to open up another door to yell and be mad at Lu and Lu wasn't having it. Good for her. 

I think that the bolded part is why I ultimately came down on Lu's side in that whole exchange. Lu actually pretty much immediately said, "of course he's welcome," so it doesn't feel to me like Lu was deliberately trying to "snub" John. But Dorinda was determined to make this an issue - it was never about John's feelings about the situation, it was always about Dorinda's. Once again, Dorinda was making it all about her, which is why it is so rich that she complains about Lu doing the same thing. 

Luann only really snapped back with the "it's not my problem" when Dorinda kept pushing by Text. If Dorinda had actually cared about John's feelings, rather than just trying to punish Lu for reasons I can't begin to fathom, Dorinda would have said, "okay, thanks, I appreciate it," as soon as Lu said he was welcome to come. It was never about John. It was always about Dorinda wanting an excuse to go after Lu.

• Love 16
23 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I don't hate Bethenny--I strongly dislike her.  I don't relate to her.  My life may have had some messes along the way, and I'm not going to say I'm perfect, but my fuck-ups have usually gone in the direction--if not to the extent--of Luann's--not really hurting anyone but yourself and causing people who care about you to worry.  I have never publicly spent a year profiting off of and treating a married father's accidental death as a Rorschach test for how hot and desirable I am, though, so I guess I've got that going for me 🙂 

LOVE!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, larapu2000 said:

I love it when Tinsley wears braids.  I'm 41 and wear braids all the time.   They are fantastic at a low maintenance,  keep your hair out of your face look, along with being a better option under hats instead of ponytails.   I think she looks sporty and adorable when she rocks them. 

Braids aren't for little girls only, sheesh.  

Sorry.  I think the braids she wears looks absolutely ridiculous on her.  .  But if you'll notice, my original post was sharing my opinion of her high ponytail and braids, not a general indictment of what you look like in them, sheesh.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Bethenny never did answer Andy's question about whether she had ever encountered paparazzi in the bushes, waiting to take photos. It should have been a "yes" or "no" answer, not some diatribe about Lu's alleged delusions of grandeur and paranoia. 

Is it really hard to believe that Lu was a person of interest to the pap considering her brushes with the law and rehab and being on reality tv? Kim Richards was popping up everywhere (TMZ, tabloids, etc. etc.) during her seasons on the show. Granted, Kim was giving way more away with her behavior but I don't think it's a stretch to believe that Lu was on the radar of some photographers.  Maybe not a gaggle every where and at all times but still. It's okay for Lu to be unnerved by even the slightest of increased attempts at candid, private shots of her. 

Oh and Beth's criticism is rich coming from Beth who has had such vitrol reactions to being in the press in the past. It was such a raw nerve with her that she literally went ape shit more than once about it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

It was worth watching this whole episode to see the last minute and watching everyone's face while listening to Feelin Jovani. Amazing. 

I'm glad Dorinda and Luann made up. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Has it ever occurred to Bethenny that Dennis was trying to drag her to the afterlife to get her to stop talking about him and his family. Or maybe just generally to shut her up.

He would not be alone.

She certainly makes me stabby.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
(edited)

Well since it's been addressed over and over again that Lu was in a pretty bad state of mind at the time I'm not understanding what's so outrageous about it. It's pretty much the bulk of the seasons story line. Lu was behaving erratically and needed intervention.  I mean, no one, including Lu, is hiding the fact that Lu went a bit out of her mind at the time so why is anyone assigning such pearl clutching to that going down.? It confuses me when it's used against her when those moments were pretty much the deciding factors in trying to get Lu help since she was being so erratic in her behavior. 

I didn’t know all of the details of the 6M as I am not a faithful watcher of this show and was surprised to hear more about it. No one is using it against her. I think it’s odd and that’s why it stuck out to me. I don’t follow this show as closely as others might so I don’t believe the pearl clutching comment is necessary. I still think it’s okay for me to comment on what has happened on the show even if it’s old news to you and many others on the board. 

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

This is so true. Boring!

One take away, I hate Lu's song so much . I woke up at 1am and that damn song was in my head🥺😳 I hate it so much I won't ever say it's name. Damn you Lu.

That happened to me, too, last week! It’s such a big bowl of wrong. Worse than cringe-worthy. Kill me now. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

Plus shes popular .If people didn't go, she'd have no show. I'm looking at you EJ.

Yup! 

This is another thing that grates.  That no one seems to understand that Lu recording another song ISN'T some sad sad thing. Lu KNOWS she can't sing. She was never a singer. She has utilized the resources and tools that have been BROUGHT to her so that she can move forward with this particular endeavor. The star that Lu continues to ride high on is her popularity with the powers that be. THEY seek her out. THEY feel she can carry these projects and Lu gives them no reason to think any different. They believe in her and her ability to shill whatever they decide for her to sell. I don't care what anyone says, Lu makes the most out of what life throws at her and that ain't no lie. The fact that she gets hated on for that is really disheartening to me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
48 minutes ago, sadie said:

The behavior Bethanny describes of Dennis is Addict 101. I don’t know if she put it together at the time but maybe looking back now it seems clear. Addicts are notorious for “I love you, I hate you” type behavior, they push you away then pull you back, they miss important events, they “oversleep” as an excuse. It’s a very destructive kind of relationship and for someone like Bethanny I can only imagine is far worse. It leaves long standing scars (ask me how I know ). 

Agreed.

Personally, I found that very painful to listen to. Sounded like the other women were familiar with the state of things too. 

I have no idea why anyone think Dennis would secretly ditch her to spend Mother's day with the wife he was separated from. The woman was probably busy spending it with her kids and her boyfriend. The woman has a live-in boyfriend, no? I was separated from my ex for over three years before we divorced and I would have been extremely weirded out if he had decided to spend Mother's Day with me during that time and we have a perfectly pleasant relationship. Unlike me and my ex who were just kind of lazy, I suspect that Dennis and his wife didn't go through with a divorce yet for financial reasons. Likely of the very shady variety. Anyway, given the state of things, I wouldn't find it surprising at all that he was in bed all day instead of being where he said he would be. It's sad.

I'm really not sure why Dorinda expects her friends to treat John especially well. They take their cue from her and treats him like gum stuck to the bottom of her shoe. Look in the mirror, Dorinda. 

I laughed my ASS off when Andy played Lu's song and they all sat there in the most awkward silence ever. Hilarious!

I love Bethenny, but totally agree that she needed to STFU last night.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm only quoting you because its there....I realize many others have said the same and my response to all is "So what, who cares?" Dorinda has been married, had a  kid, got married again, became a widow and now its her turn.  Why do her and John have to live together?  She treats him like shit, because he allows it. Dorinda is my age - I've been with my hubby for 27 years, and dang it, if something happened to my DH,  I would totally do what Dorinda is doing.  I tip my hat to her.....

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, retired watcher said:

I think Sonja's Sonja Morgan dress looked horrible. It was not flattering at all.

Totally agree.  It looked cheap and it made her look chubby.  I think it's her worst reunion look yet.

• Love 8
(edited)

I think they were politely trying to say that Luann was not of sound mind when she was obsessively fixated on getting the 6 million dollar house. She was calling and shamelessly asking people she probably would be horrified to ask in a non-altered state of mind. To the point that Barbara apparently got power of attorney and her friends were intercepting her calls and emails and telling other people not to listen to Luann, and truly trying to protect her from making irrational and dangerous decisions. I think they had her best interests at heart in that respect and I think Luann is appreciative. I don't think she is really carrying any grudge that Bethenny wouldn't ask Dennis to loan Luann six million dollars.  At the Hamptons dinner earlier in the season, Luann was basically making light of it and how out of it she had been. They were kind of laughing how the house "was actually 5 million but Luann wanted to put in an offer for SIX so that no one else could get it!" It seemed like she was acknowledging how ridiculous her thought process had been. She just wasn't mentally with it when that was all going down. I think the other women just see it as an indication of how off her rocker she was at the time - not outrage that she was really daring to ask her friends for a mere six million dollar loan. But - that kind of behavior is why they think she needed more professional help and time to stay in rehab, work on whatever was driving her to abuse substances, etc.

Edited by divsc
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I'm really not sure why Dorinda expects her friends to treat John especially well. They take their cue from her and treats him like gum stuck to the bottom of her shoe. Look in the mirror, Dorinda. 

Amen to that.  If she's not that into him, let him go and be happy with someone else.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, larapu2000 said:

I love it when Tinsley wears braids.  I'm 41 and wear braids all the time.   They are fantastic at a low maintenance,  keep your hair out of your face look, along with being a better option under hats instead of ponytails.   I think she looks sporty and adorable when she rocks them. 

Braids aren't for little girls only, sheesh.  

I wear braids fairly often too. I like when Tinsley wears braids. The trouble for me is that there is no balance with her. She goes little girl on everything all at once - the clothes, the makeup, the personality. She's giving braids a bad name!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
11 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I'm only quoting you because its there....I realize many others have said the same and my response to all is "So what, who cares?" Dorinda has been married, had a  kid, got married again, became a widow and now its her turn.  Why do her and John have to live together?  She treats him like shit, because he allows it. Dorinda is my age - I've been with my hubby for 27 years, and dang it, if something happened to my DH,  I would totally do what Dorinda is doing.  I tip my hat to her.....

I'm widowed as well.  I certainly don't blame Dorinda for not having John live with her or stay over.    I am quite happy with my high school crush, but he's not living with me and I see no reason for us to ever go that route.  Keeps the romance alive to have separate places!

But I do think Dorinda treats him like shit.  He may enjoy whatever crumbs she gives him, but the only positive comments she ever makes about him is loving that he's a dry cleaner.  If that's his only appeal, let him go.  I wouldn't waste my time with someone whose only appeal is what they could do for me materially.  I know she said she "enjoys him" but when they film the two of them together, it sure doesn't seem like it.  Find someone that truly makes you happy. It may require you being alone for a while, but why date someone you don't seem to give two fucks about?  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 9
(edited)

Andy seemed a little checked out this reunion. He might just be getting  old, who knows. He did seem genuinely interested in Tinsley and Scott. 

Ramona was SUCH A BITCH to say that she thought Luanne was drinking  on the side. How completely fucked up is that? Ramona has the classic toxic Catholic blame personality. Just ridicule and humiliate people so they will shape up. 

I thought Sonia looked beautiful at the reunion. Dorinda's dress was super duper pretty. I didn't like Luanne's outfit with all the prom-ish crap. I'm sure it's expensive, but it looks too much. 

I love Bethanny's fake "congratulations" on Tinsley's lashes. Probably because she made fun of Carole and Tinsley last season for caring about lashes. 

Bethanny was IN HER ELEMENT at the reunion. She also seemed to know what Andy was going to ask. She waited for him to finish his questions and she seemed very very practiced. She knows that the ladies will let her talk so just interrupts and interjects constantly. I absolutely hate it. It's soooo toxic, completely NOT inclusive, and Bethanny would be fired in 2 minutes if she ever tried to work somewhere for violating diversity and inclusion policies.

I don't love to hate Bethanny. I hope to never see her again and I wish God erases her from my mind. She has said funny things before, but so has JEFFREY DAHMER!

I love (NOT) that Bethanny had to put down and reject Luanne's comment about not liking photographers but massive name dropping and saying how all the famous people that she lives right next to don't complain. And then she continued to name drop, a mile a minute to get  it all out there. 

Bethanny is SUCH A FUCKING SNOB BITCH. She is the worst social climber EVER. She only cares about names and being seen. She's just the worst. 

Dorinda is pissed that Luanne didn't even her to the clam bake. But Bethanny is the one that orchestrated that but Dorinda is clearly ignoring that fact.

This show is so stupid at times. I think it would be better off to have the thing cancelled altogether. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 7

Oh god, I so agree. I am 100% supportive of Dorinda not having John live with her, seeing him only a couple of times per week etc. As a divorced woman, I don't think I will EVER get married again. Frankly, I'd prefer not to live with a man again. The idea of having a solid partner who I see a few times a week seems GREAT. Ideal! But....I hope I don't treat him like crap. 

• Love 17