Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Any bets on whether or not the witch rears her ugly head today?  I'm betting that she'll show up (all sweetness & light) like nothing happened.  I don't know what's wrong with Carrie-Anne, but I'm betting she'll want to keep a very low profile today.

I think that she will do that and play nice.  She has never gotten any pushback from anybody on the show as forcefully as yesterday.  What Elaine and Sheryl did yesterday and Sharon's reaction was an example of what happens sometimes when a Black person tries to to tell a White person about racism.  Like Elaine said it is not enough to just not be a racist, you have to be anti-racism.

Carrie-Anne's has health issues and from time to time, I have noticed that she will take days off to deal with them.  I hope she feels better and I would have liked to hear her perspective.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, chediavolo said:

Well I don’t like Sharon and I don’t personally know if she is actually racist but she did have some good points after viewing the last two shows. I don’t remember,  but was anyone attacking Jodie Foster for being racist  or anti Semitic  when she steadfastly stood by her friend Mel Gibson years ago?

My recollection is yes. People did. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, chediavolo said:

Well I don’t like Sharon and I don’t personally know if she is actually racist but she did have some good points after viewing the last two shows. I don’t remember,  but was anyone attacking Jodie Foster for being racist  or anti Semitic  when she steadfastly stood by her friend Mel Gibson years ago?

I don't really recall anyone attacking Jodie Foster but that was a very different situation.  One, Mel Gibson was drunk and has a history of being an addict (I believe he used to have a drug problem back in the day?) so when she defended him, she didn't pretend that he hadn't said terrible things but that she felt his being an addict is what lead to him saying those things.  Two, the Mel Gibson rant was a one off caught on tape, as opposed to Piers Morgan, who's been (soberly) going off on Meghan Markle publicly for years.  Three, social media wasn't really a thing yet so there wasn't this online collective rage that there is now when celebrities make statements.  Four, Gibson apologized for his behavior as opposed to Morgan who hasn't (and won't).  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I'm not sure about Jodie Foster, but they were viciously attacking Whoopi Goldberg for standing by Gibson (including her cohosts on 'The View' years after it happened).  Goldberg got over it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I am watching the show right now and Elaine is being so careful not to offend Sharon while telling her that her public support for Piers sucked. I wonder how Aisha Tyler would have handled this situation..

She’s afraid of the witch. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

First segment?  A tad tense!!!  LOL

Tell me about it. Perhaps TPTB thought it best not to rehash it so Miss Hannigan wouldn't fly off the handle again, but Amanda's "we're family and families can argue and still L-O-V-E each other" intro was awkward as hell. Sheryl seemed like she was still upset, but she pushed forward. I hope Sharon apologized for snapping at her yesterday, but knowing her she probably didn't. 

Carrie Ann girl, you dodged a bullet yesterday. 

• Love 8

Sharon is not over it not by any stretch of the imagination and I think that Sheryl realized that no matter how Sharon may say that she sympathize with the plight of Black people, she will never really understand it and is too defensive to even try to see her perspective as a Black woman and why Piers Morgan is problematic. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

Sharon has posted on Twitter her thoughts, promising to "learn from each other."

Piers Morgan feels she was bullied into that tweet and wants the show (meaning Sheryl and Elaine) to apologize to HIM.  

This is his tweet, where he retweeted her post.  

I don't think the show is live on Friday, is it? 

• Love 1

Did anyone else notice what SO was wearing yesterday?  Baggy jeans & blazer ... as if she went to work but didn't intend to stay.  The first time she read off the teleprompter was like it was new to her & she blew it (like she hadn't seen the text before)!!  Just sayin'!!!

• Love 3

Piers sounds like the white women (the ones who had pictures of themselves) on Facebook who I saw posting on The Talk's page saying Sheryl and Elaine are racist bullies who should apologize to Sharon, be fired or both.  It makes me sad, mad and ashamed when I see other white women saying idiotic stuff like that. Quite a few of them thought Elaine should be fired for having worked at Teen Vogue too because they consider it to be "disgusting trash".  

• Love 9

In reading Sharon’s statement, I think about what she’s said about her personality in passing during hot topics and this seems to match with that. She’s said in the past that her natural reaction is to become defensive and that when she is in that defensive mode she goes for the jugular of the person who is talking to her. I think that’s exactly what happened on Wednesday’s show when Sheryl tried to explain to her the perspective of those criticizing her. I remember Sharon saying this is a pattern she’s trying to overcome, so I hope that’s it’s true and that once she watched everything back and took it all in that she sees what she needs to work on. 

I really hope that the show decides to embrace this situation and make it about a learning experience for the hosts as well as the audience by bringing on authors and activists who can speak about anti-racism. This should be an ongoing series and has also got to include those fighting against the racism of Asians, Native Americans, as well as the Hispanic and Latin community. If they are going to call themselves The Talk they’ve got to lead the way with having these tough but necessary conversations. 

Edited by Angeleyes
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Did anyone else notice what SO was wearing yesterday?  Baggy jeans & blazer ... as if she went to work but didn't intend to stay.  The first time she read off the teleprompter was like it was new to her & she blew it (like she hadn't seen the text before)!!  Just sayin'!!!

Yesterday's show was one of the most awkward on television in recent history. Sharon should've taken the day off, and next week, too. The white-knuckle tension between her, Sheryl and Elaine was more than evident while they tried to keep smiles plastered on their faces.

• Love 5

Has the talk ever gotten this much attention? The ladies are everywhere on the internet and on television. The execs behind the scenes must be happy because ratings and attention translates to money. Sadly in our society that is all that matters..

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, mtlchick said:

Sharon has posted on Twitter her thoughts, promising to "learn from each other."

Piers Morgan feels she was bullied into that tweet and wants the show (meaning Sheryl and Elaine) to apologize to HIM.  

This is his tweet, where he retweeted her post.  

I don't think the show is live on Friday, is it? 

Friday shows are taped.

2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Used him for what? They were social media friends. He reached out to her because he was a fan of Suits. They began a correspondence. Meghan didn't ask him to promote Suits. Piers and Meghan met once in real life for 90 minutes. She then left to meet Harry, who she met through her own friends and not Piers Morgan. Meghan stopped communicating with Piers after their 90 minute meeting for drinks. After it became known that Harry and Meghan were seeing each other, Piers was still supportive of Meghan. However around the time Harry and Meghan got engaged, Piers started flipping out and loudly denigrating Meghan. Many believe that Piers tried to hit Meghan up for exclusive access to interviews with the royal family and Meghan said no and that's a large part of why he turned uglier.

Meghan wasn't sexually intetested in Piers. She didn't meet Harry through Piers. She didn't ask Piers to promote her television show. At most, he might have paid for her drinks during that meeting. If she gave him £100, would he shut up and go away because she owes him less than nothing. She owes him dust. She didn't use him for anything and he gave her nothing of value. Piers' response was out of hand.

Thanks for the info. I didn't pay too much attention to how they became friends (Piers made it sound like they'd socialized quite a bit) so I didn't know the real story. That makes his hate campaign against her even more puzzling. 

1 hour ago, Jaded said:

I forgot about that. Of course Sharon won't address it despite throwing shade at Holly and Leah an entire decade after she got them fired. 

6 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Has the talk ever gotten this much attention? The ladies are everywhere on the internet and on television. The execs behind the scenes must be happy because ratings and attention translates to money. Sadly in our society that is all that matters..

I hope they don't go down that road and make Sharon's head even bigger. "The show's getting even more attention than usual because of me so I'll keep it up!" No, ma'am. You need to get your ass out of your seat and never come back. 

And Piers can go straight to hell with his "bullying" nonsense. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, mtlchick said:

Now I REALLY want Aisha Tyler to say something.  I don't think Eve will. 

The show will be going through an "internal review." https://deadline.com/2021/03/cbs-internal-review-sharon-osbourne-racism-piers-morgan-1234713715/

First a forced apology and now an internal review? I bet "Mrs. O" is kicking herself even harder for not leaving the topic alone after the first discussion. She has only herself to blame, but I'm sure she and her best mate Piers can console each other from the big ole meanies "bullying" them. 🙄

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I finally watched the Oprah interview, and unless it's royal stuff that I have no knowledge of, I don't see any other explanation for what Meghan went through other than racism. I don't know a lot about Piers Morgan, but apparently Tucker Carlson and Ben Shapiro are defending him. That says a lot and not helping the Piers isn't a racist argument                                                        .

• Love 20

Actually, Sharon said "Oh, stop TRYING to cry!" which was actually worse because it pointed out Cheryl's occasional habit of forcing a teary reaction. Elaine was wonderful and eloquent and she didn't back down! Amanda's little mary sunshine thing didn't work for me.

Edited by pachebo
made space too large

The thing that stunned me the most was Sharon ( who by the way, I’ve never disliked before) was yelling at Sheryl to not cry, saying, “ If anyone has the right to cry, it’s me”. I thought, My God, here you have people discussing racism with two black women on the panel and the white woman has suddenly made herself the victim. 
When white folks ask BLM activists, how can we be allies? We are told by POC, “listen to us”. Sharon refused to do that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
33 minutes ago, pachebo said:

Actually, Sharon said "Oh, stop TRYING to cry!" which was actually worse because it pointed out Cheryl's occasional habit of forcing a teary reaction. Elaine was wonderful and eloquent and she didn't back down! Amanda's little mary sunshine thing didn't work for me.

Amanda's gentle contribution served to halt the hostility, if only temporarily, but she tried!!  Good on her.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

The answer to your question is NEVER.  After 11 seasons, this show has hardly made a blip on any pop culture radar, since no one ever paid attention to it. This is the most coverage they've ever received, for better or for worse. Let's see if it does anything for their ratings (they are currently the least-watched daytime television show for 2020-21).

• Love 4

Sharon claims she was blindsided by CBS

quote: 

"I blame the network for it," Osbourne told Variety on Friday night. "I was blindsided, totally blindsided by the whole situation. In my 11 years, this was the first time I was not involved with the planning the segment."

"I said, 'Sure, they can ask me whatever.' But then I get on there, I say my piece and Sheryl [Underwood] turns around straight-faced, looks at me and is reading from a card with questions," she said. "I was just so hurt, caught off guard and stunned by what I was being asked and not prepared. I was honestly in shock. I felt like I was in front of a firing squad. I felt like a lamb held out for slaughter. … They had me there for 20 minutes."

Edited by Mimi
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Poor Sharon. She has backstabbed and ridiculed other co-hosts and now she is so upset because now the shoe is on the other foot. I hope CBS finally fires her and she and her ridiculous family won't be taking up space anymore on this show. 

• Love 18
56 minutes ago, Mimi said:

quote: 

"I blame the network for it," Osbourne told Variety on Friday night. "I was blindsided, totally blindsided by the whole situation. In my 11 years, this was the first time I was not involved with the planning the segment."

"I said, 'Sure, they can ask me whatever.' But then I get on there, I say my piece and Sheryl [Underwood] turns around straight-faced, looks at me and is reading from a card with questions," she said. "I was just so hurt, caught off guard and stunned by what I was being asked and not prepared. I was honestly in shock. I felt like I was in front of a firing squad. I felt like a lamb held out for slaughter. … They had me there for 20 minutes."

Classic Sharon. Blaming any and everyone but herself for the messes she creates. After so many years of being coddled and kissed up to by her co-hosts, she's finally been called to the carpet with her feet to the fire and she can't stand it. 

19 minutes ago, rcc said:

Poor Sharon. She has backstabbed and ridiculed other co-hosts and now she is so upset because now the shoe is on the other foot. I hope CBS finally fires her and she and her ridiculous family won't be taking up space anymore on this show. 

From your mouth to God's ears, @rcc! I certainly hope they don't help further Sharon as The Talk's version of Whoopi or Meghan, saying stupid shit and throwing temper tantrums when called out on it. Take that nonsense elsewhere. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Mimi said:

quote: 

Let me get this straight. She's the SUBJECT of a planned interview, KNOWS it's going to happen, knows what it's about, but is upset she wasn't at the planning meeting for it? 

That's apparently the new journalistic standard. Being allowed at planning meetings for your own interview. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

The answer to your question is NEVER.  After 11 seasons, this show has hardly made a blip on any pop culture radar, since no one ever paid attention to it. This is the most coverage they've ever received, for better or for worse. Let's see if it does anything for their ratings (they are currently the least-watched daytime television show for 2020-21).

I was gonna argue with you on that until I thought about the talk show pop culture moments of the last decade or so. Adrienne Bailon not knowing how to tell time? The Real. Sherri Shepherd not knowing that the earth is round? The View. Joy and Whoopi walking out of an interview with Bill O'Reilly? The View. Whoopi saying about Cara Delevigne "She's not famous. I'm famous"? Also the View. All of the shit Wendy Williams gets up to. Yeah, none of them involved The Talk. The most noteworthy thing to happen on this show was watching to see how long Julie Chen lasted after Les' ouster from CBS.

1 hour ago, Mimi said:

quote: 

28 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Let me get this straight. She's the SUBJECT of a planned interview, KNOWS it's going to happen, knows what it's about, but is upset she wasn't at the planning meeting for it? 

That's apparently the new journalistic standard. Being allowed at planning meetings for your own interview. 

Even if I believe Sharon had a right to feel blindsided (I DO NOT!), her crazy excuses still fall flat. She KNEW her friend was in the news for saying something controversial. Sharon CHOSE to not educate herself about the matter. Sharon CHOSE to take a public stance defending her friend. And now, Sharon has the temerity to be indignant about the show asking her about her public stance on the issue. They didn't ask her about some privately held belief that she'd never shared. They asked Sharon about something she'd freely shared with the whole world. If she didn't want to be questioned on she thinks Piers Morgan isn't a bigot, then maybe she should have kept her mouth shut.

Furthermore, Sharon is such an insufferable imperious twit that she couldn't even pick up on what CBS was hoping to accomplish with the question. The question was "What would you say to people who may feel that while you're standing by your friend, it appears you gave validation or safe haven to something that he has uttered that is racist, even if you don't agree?" CBS was trying to use the segment to make sure that the vitriol towards Piers didn't blow back on the show. They wanted Sharon to say something like she doesn't agree with Piers, but she supports him as a long time friend who is going through a lot professionally even if she doesn't agree with his stance and opinions." Instead, Sharon whiffed it completely.

• Love 15

So Sharon tells them that they can ask her anything then gets mad when they ask her questions? That’s not blindsiding that is what she agreed to. 

I’m wondering if maybe Holly found out about Sharon’s comment through the grapevine of other people working on the show after she wrote that letter to Sharon? We may never fully know what went down with that whole situation. It seems like there is still a lot of hurt there on all sides. 

3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Adrienne Bailon not knowing how to tell time? The Real. 

Even if I believe Sharon had a right to feel blindsided (I DO NOT!), her crazy excuses still fall flat. She KNEW her friend was in the news for saying something controversial. Sharon CHOSE to not educate herself about the matter. Sharon CHOSE to take a public stance defending her friend. And now, Sharon has the temerity to be indignant about the show asking her about her public stance on the issue. They didn't ask her about some privately held belief that she'd never shared. They asked Sharon about something she'd freely shared with the whole world. If she didn't want to be questioned on she thinks Piers Morgan isn't a bigot, then maybe she should have kept her mouth shut.

Furthermore, Sharon is such an insufferable imperious twit that she couldn't even pick up on what CBS was hoping to accomplish with the question. The question was "What would you say to people who may feel that while you're standing by your friend, it appears you gave validation or safe haven to something that he has uttered that is racist, even if you don't agree?" CBS was trying to use the segment to make sure that the vitriol towards Piers didn't blow back on the show. They wanted Sharon to say something like she doesn't agree with Piers, but she supports him as a long time friend who is going through a lot professionally even if she doesn't agree with his stance and opinions." Instead, Sharon whiffed it completely.

She also (rightfully) got a lot of flak for saying she doesn't wash her hands after using the bathroom. She later clarified that she meant she doesn't wash her hands after using her home bathroom in the middle of the night. As if that made it any better. Bless her heart...

It's funny, Sharon did her usual "Oracle/I Know All" act on Friday's show and said that you can never be so high and mighty that you can't get checked when you step out of line and that's exactly what she's done with this situation. And she's working overtime digging that hole for herself by releasing Holly's email from ten years ago and resurrecting the drama behind her and Leah's firings. I bet Julie's thinking "Nice goin', bitch!" Lol. What's done in the dark will come to the light.

2 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

So Sharon tells them that they can ask her anything then gets mad when they ask her questions? That’s not blindsiding that is what she agreed to. 

I’m wondering if maybe Holly found out about Sharon’s comment through the grapevine of other people working on the show after she wrote that letter to Sharon? We may never fully know what went down with that whole situation. It seems like there is still a lot of hurt there on all sides. 

I don't know what Sharon would need to feel hurt about. She's one of the main people who got Holly and Leah let go from the show and trash talked them for years afterward. Leah wrote about it in her book, but she chose not to go all the way in on the details. 

• Love 7

A couple friends of mine who don't usually watch the show watched the debacle. They said they felt kind of bad for Sharon and don't think she's racist. However, they couldn't understand why she was so emotional and thought the other women were explaining everything perfectly and weren't attacking her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I feel the closest that the show got to this level of press was when Julie Chen had to say on air that she supports her husband and decided to leave the show shortly after.

Man, Sharon holds on to emails longer than I do.  It's like she always had it on file in case something like this would happen.  IMAGINE THAT.

• Love 6

This is the best thing that could've happened to the show in 11 seasons, while they sit at the very bottom of the ratings. People are actually 'discussing' them and the media is actually 'reporting' on any them. Too bad SNL wasn't live this weekend - maybe they would've done a segment on them.  However, if this doesn't draw in more permanent viewers and lift them out of the ratings basement, nothing can save this God-awful show.

• Love 1

The show won't be live again until Wednesday.

‘The Talk’ Goes On Brief Hiatus Amid Probe Into Heated Debate Involving Sharon Osbourne

EXCLUSIVE: The Talk has canceled its live shows for tomorrow, Monday, March 15, and Tuesday, March 16, Deadline has learned. The staff was notified today of the hiatus which comes on the heels of CBS on Friday launching an investigation into the heated exchange at the top of Wednesday’s episode.

Scheduled guests included Elizabeth Vargas (March 15) and Carly Pearce (March 16). The show is currently slated to return to originals Wednesday, March 17.

• Useful 2
35 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

That escalated quickly. I do wonder if there is going to be an exit being announced and looking for substitute hosts for the short term. 

I'm thinking (and hoping for) the same thing. Sharon blamed the network for her own BS in an interview and shared an old email from Holly that resurrected the rumors about her and Leah's firings. CBS is going to do whatever they can to save their own asses and if that means giving Sharon her long deserved walking papers, they'll do so. She can't leave fast enough for me.

• Love 11

Full schedule for the week:

Monday - TV host Elizabeth Vargas.

Tuesday - Singer-songwriter Carly Pearce.

Wednesday - Actor Thomas Lennon.

Thursday - Amanda's birthday celebration; actress Olivia Munn.

Friday - Show pre-empted by March Madness. 

The show is taking a "brief" hiatus:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadline.com/2021/03/the-talk-hiatus-sharon-osbourne-controversy-canceled-shows-piers-morgan-1234714187/amp/

ETA: Sorry, I posted this before noticing someone else already had. March Madness is coming up, and maybe it would be wise to put the show on hold until after that's over with.

I don't know about anyone else here, but in the Cleveland market the Governor of Ohio still makes his twice-a-week COVID-19 press conferences at 2 PM. That's sure to have played a part in the ratings slide. Sara and Eve sure knew when to jump ship!!

Edited by catlover79
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6