Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, rcc said:

Just like the owner, always looking for attention. Wonder if that dog is house-trained!

20 bucks says NOPE.  That was the main takeaway I got from watching their stupid reality show back in the day and it still sticks with me these many years later -- that the Osbournes lived in a beautiful mansion ..... that was covered in dog shit.  I'm sure whatever manse this vile woman is occupying today is much the same.  

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Blissfool said:

What did I miss...why does Amanda Klootz have her dog on the show?

I'm afraid they're gonna hire her as a cohost. Sheryl keeps alluding to it and Sharon keeps alluding to it and Sharon speaks to her so sweetly.🙄

Jamie Lee Curtis can't make herself laugh?! *I* crack myself up! 🤣😂

I half-expected them to make the announcement when Sheryl said "You're having a great time with us and we'll talk more about it when we come back", but nothing more was said about it after the break. I read an article last week that some viewers have tweeted their support for Amanda to join the show. Like I said before, don't mind her filling in every now and then, but she's not a good fit permanently imo. They might want her since she's the mother of a young child while Sharon's kids are grown and the other hosts are childless, but they could hire either Carnie or Jodie Sweetin to fill that slot. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Who was rude to Shemar Moore on The View?

I haven't watched in a few years, but I don't remember ever seeing Shemar as a guest on The View. However I checked out his IMDB page and he was on in February of 2005. I'm curious to see it now.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I haven't watched in a few years, but I don't remember ever seeing Shemar as a guest on The View. However I checked out his IMDB page and he was on in February of 2005. I'm curious to see it now.

Thanks, me too. He seems to get along so well with women. They love him, and he loves them right back! lol

• Love 1
On 11/18/2020 at 3:13 PM, Cementhead said:

20 bucks says NOPE.  That was the main takeaway I got from watching their stupid reality show back in the day and it still sticks with me these many years later -- that the Osbournes lived in a beautiful mansion ..... that was covered in dog shit.  I'm sure whatever manse this vile woman is occupying today is much the same.  

White trash is white trash. Millionaires included. 

21 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I half-expected them to make the announcement when Sheryl said "You're having a great time with us and we'll talk more about it when we come back", but nothing more was said about it after the break. I read an article last week that some viewers have tweeted their support for Amanda to join the show. Like I said before, don't mind her filling in every now and then, but she's not a good fit permanently imo. They might want her since she's the mother of a young child while Sharon's kids are grown and the other hosts are childless, but they could hire either Carnie or Jodie Sweetin to fill that slot. 

I don’t think I’ll be able to continue watching if that phoney joins the show. Sharon the Witch is bad enough.  

• Love 1
On 11/17/2020 at 4:32 PM, Medicine Crow said:

I had the same feelings about Amanda until it dawned on me that she has great teeth & a dazzling smile ... naturally.  We can hate her for "looking" so cheery, but she can't help it.

My problem is with not giving her husband‘s death a respectable amount of grieving time before she’s looking like she’s enjoying the shit Out of herself. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm not so sure I'd be in "forgive & forget" mode after Will Smith "put me out of business" for twenty years.  (He had to have known the damage he'd be doing!!)

Exactly what I was going to say. The only way he can rectify this is with a big bag of money!! I have read that is he’s not as nice as he projects. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

Exactly what I was going to say. The only way he can rectify this is with a big bag of money!! I have read that is he’s not as nice as he projects. 

I totally agree & FWIW, I've always thought he was a sneaky dude!!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm not so sure I'd be in "forgive & forget" mode after Will Smith "put me out of business" for twenty years.  (He had to have known the damage he'd be doing!!)

Seeing them discuss Will and Janet Hubert aka  the original Aunt Viv reminded me of the time Janet went off and wrote an angry open letter to Aisha Tyler. Aisha said something to the effect of Janet needing to let go of her anger instead of rehashing something that happened over 2 decades ago and Julie read the open letter on-air. Janet addressed her as "weave woman" and made a not-so-subtle reference to Holly being the original co-host who filled her seat. I was surprised Julie left that bit in. To her credit, Janet sent Aisha a written apology and some flowers during one of their NYC shows when Aisha clarified her statement.

I'm just glad Sharon didn't take any more potshots at Leah Remini during that discussion. I bet she was itching to though. 🙄

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

New week's schedule

Monday - Rapper and actor Chris "Ludacris" Bridges; journalist and author Elaine Welteroth guest co-hosts.

Tuesday - Actor and author Michael J. Fox; Elaine Welteroth guest co-hosts.

Wednesday - actor David Boreanaz; actor Christopher Johnson; Elaine Welteroth guest co-hosts.

Thursday - Pre-empted show.

Friday - Repeat of the Halloween show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/20/2020 at 9:31 PM, rmcrae said:

Seeing them discuss Will and Janet Hubert aka  the original Aunt Viv reminded me of the time Janet went off and wrote an angry open letter to Aisha Tyler. Aisha said something to the effect of Janet needing to let go of her anger instead of rehashing something that happened over 2 decades ago and Julie read the open letter on-air. Janet addressed her as "weave woman" and made a not-so-subtle reference to Holly being the original co-host who filled her seat. I was surprised Julie left that bit in. To her credit, Janet sent Aisha a written apology and some flowers during one of their NYC shows when Aisha clarified her statement.

I'm just glad Sharon didn't take any more potshots at Leah Remini during that discussion. I bet she was itching to though. 🙄

Whaaaat?! I've never heard this!

Who's Janet, tho?

6 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Ah yes...I thought a different Janet that was associated with The Talk and with Aisha.

She just seems like a mean person.

I understand her bitterness even if she got on my nerves over the years but I agree that Will calling her a  dark-skinned Black woman difficult  had a profound effect on her career.  Janet's aunt Viv was so popular that woman was a force to be reckon with..  She was a woman that came from the projects who worked for the American dream and never forgot her humble roots..  Any episode where Aunt Viv got to flex her muscle was wonderful..

Janet Hubert is an artist, she can dance ballet, that episode were she danced ballet as Aunt Viv was so beautiful it moved me to tears. She could sing her ass off, could act and she is fabulous orator who can command a room. It is a shame that Will did her dirty all those years ago.. The woman has talent for days...

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Directly from Page Six.com: (bold is mine) -- Since when has the Talk become Sharon's show??

Drama behind the scenes of daytime talk shows is heating up as Sharon Osbourne’s CBS show “The Talk” sinks in the ratings against ABC rival “The View.”

CBS insiders say producers and network execs are “panicking” after “The Talk’s” ratings dropped to 1.5 million, half of “The View’s” audience of 3 million.

One insider told Page Six, “ ‘The View’ has been growing at a huge rate during the COVID lockdown, and ‘The Talk’ is literally the lowest-rated show in the whole CBS lineup.

“At one point, ‘The Talk’ and ‘The View’ were only 30,000 viewers apart … Sharon Osbourne and Sheryl Underwood’s plan of getting rid of Marie Osmond was clearly a mistake in terms of ratings and number of viewers.”

Page Six exclusively reported in September that Osmond was ousted after just one season as co-host when Osbourne and Underwood went to CBS execs and threatened to quit unless she was canned. While her former co-hosts’ motivations for pushing her out were unclear, Osmond gave the quintessential showbiz excuse of wishing to spend more time with family and to “pursue other projects.”

But the CBS insider said the rotating host roster — which includes Amanda Kloots, Rumer Willis and Elaine Welteroth, who is stepping in to replace Eve — has not been delivering numbers, leaving producers and executives “panicked and frustrated.”

“Nothing is working,” said the show insider. “We are now the lowest-rated network program and we can’t get any traction. To lose more than half a million viewers in a year is catastrophic for a daytime show. Unless we can hire Gayle King, Oprah or Meghan Markle, the writing is on the wall.”

4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I understand her bitterness even if she got on my nerves over the years but I agree that Will calling her a  dark-skinned Black woman difficult  had a profound effect on her career.  Janet's aunt Viv was so popular that woman was a force to be reckon with..  She was a woman that came from the projects who worked for the American dream and never forgot her humble roots..  Any episode where Aunt Viv got to flex her muscle was wonderful..

Janet Hubert is an artist, she can dance ballet, that episode were she danced ballet as Aunt Viv was so beautiful it moved me to tears. She could sing her ass off, could act and she is fabulous orator who can command a room. It is a shame that Will did her dirty all those years ago.. The woman has talent for days...

I have no idea what went on behind the scenes, but Janet Hubert is indeed a very talented woman. The episodes where she danced were some of my favorites. 

22 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Directly from Page Six.com: (bold is mine) -- Since when has the Talk become Sharon's show??

I am shocked by how bad the ratings are, but there are a couple reasons that do make sense. The View has become mostly political, and it was going to soar in ratings due to the election/political climate. The Talk is fun for nonpolitical topics. Back in the day, The View was kind of like The Talk, with some politics thrown in. That's my ideal type of morning woman's show to be honest-some fun and substance in one hour (and less view your deal crap lol). I think it's nice that The Talk is nonpolitical though, as it can be hard to escape politics, and they do discuss deeper topics sometimes. What I think needs to be changed is to have women who are more opinionated and unique discuss hot topics. Most of the women are just nice and agree on everything for the most part, and then Sharon is just not likable sometimes even if she's more outspoken. It can be hard to forget how mean she can be even though she can be a good girl much of the time. The women who've filled in recently haven't brought the most excitement. You can be a nice, intelligent woman, but if you are scared to have an unpopular opinion or to disagree with your fellow hosts, it makes for a more dull show. I hate to see women get nasty, but people with stronger personalities do bring some energy in. We just need stronger personalities who are still kind. A lot of people like Brigitte Nielsen or Yvette Nicole Brown, and I think they both have much more personality and have good spirits, which is what a show like this needs. I really enjoyed Holly, Leah, Aisha and Sara because they all had personality. If they could get someone fun to replace Eve, I think the ratings would soar. If the replacement is going to be one of the women who they've recently featured, I think ratings will continue to plummet. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

If they could get someone fun to replace Eve, I think the ratings would soar. If the replacement is going to be one of the women who they've recently featured, I think ratings will continue to plummet.

It looks like they already have her replacement:

But the CBS insider said the rotating host roster — which includes Amanda Kloots, Rumer Willis and Elaine Welteroth, who is stepping in to replace Eve — has not been delivering numbers, leaving producers and executives “panicked and frustrated.”

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Why are the producers panicking in the story above?  We are living in a bizarre world due to the Rona, why don't they exercise patience. Our culture wants instant gratification on everything, why don't they seat the permanent panel after Eve's departure and build it from there.   These rich people whining and crying is just getting on my nerves when there are families out here who cannot feed their families.. They need to get a grip..

I don't believe that Sheryl would get somebody fired. Sharon would definitely do it because we all know that she is a vile bitch..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I have no idea what went on behind the scenes, but Janet Hubert is indeed a very talented woman. The episodes where she danced were some of my favorites. 

I am shocked by how bad the ratings are, but there are a couple reasons that do make sense. The View has become mostly political, and it was going to soar in ratings due to the election/political climate. The Talk is fun for nonpolitical topics. Back in the day, The View was kind of like The Talk, with some politics thrown in. That's my ideal type of morning woman's show to be honest-some fun and substance in one hour (and less view your deal crap lol). I think it's nice that The Talk is nonpolitical though, as it can be hard to escape politics, and they do discuss deeper topics sometimes. What I think needs to be changed is to have women who are more opinionated and unique discuss hot topics. Most of the women are just nice and agree on everything for the most part, and then Sharon is just not likable sometimes even if she's more outspoken. It can be hard to forget how mean she can be even though she can be a good girl much of the time. The women who've filled in recently haven't brought the most excitement. You can be a nice, intelligent woman, but if you are scared to have an unpopular opinion or to disagree with your fellow hosts, it makes for a more dull show. I hate to see women get nasty, but people with stronger personalities do bring some energy in. We just need stronger personalities who are still kind. A lot of people like Brigitte Nielsen or Yvette Nicole Brown, and I think they both have much more personality and have good spirits, which is what a show like this needs. I really enjoyed Holly, Leah, Aisha and Sara because they all had personality. If they could get someone fun to replace Eve, I think the ratings would soar. If the replacement is going to be one of the women who they've recently featured, I think ratings will continue to plummet. 

9 hours ago, rcc said:

Get rid of Sharon with somebody of substance and the show will improve along with the ratings.

This and this! I don't get why CBS doesn't get a clue and realize that the person who needs to be canned (and never should've never been hired in the first place) is Sharon already. She's not the sole reason for the ratings drop, but she's a big part of it and letting her go would be the first step in the right direction. I also agree that they need to hire more opinionated hosts and discuss more in-depth topics. Hell, if you can't get Aisha back, hire somebody who can play devil's advocate and share a perspective from the other side more. Carrie Ann and Sheryl do sometimes, but not as often as I'd like. 

Elaine Welteroth is nice as a guest host, but not a suitable replacement imo either. I'd like to know why Brigitte is seemingly being passed over. 

5 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Why are the producers panicking in the story above?  We are living in a bizarre world due to the Rona, why don't they exercise patience. Our culture wants instant gratification on everything, why don't they seat the permanent panel after Eve's departure and build it from there.   These rich people whining and crying is just getting on my nerves when there are families out here who cannot feed their families.. They need to get a grip..

I don't believe that Sheryl would get somebody fired. Sharon would definitely do it because we all know that she is a vile bitch..

That's why I take these rag stories with a grain of salt. 

Anyway, have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow, everybody! Stay safe! 🙂

• Love 6
2 hours ago, rmcrae said:

This and this! I don't get why CBS doesn't get a clue and realize that the person who needs to be canned (and never should've never been hired in the first place) is Sharon already. She's not the sole reason for the ratings drop, but she's a big part of it and letting her go would be the first step in the right direction. I also agree that they need to hire more opinionated hosts and discuss more in-depth topics. Hell, if you can't get Aisha back, hire somebody who can play devil's advocate and share a perspective from the other side more. Carrie Ann and Sheryl do sometimes, but not as often as I'd like. 

Elaine Welteroth is nice as a guest host, but not a suitable replacement imo either. I'd like to know why Brigitte is seemingly being passed over. 

That's why I take these rag stories with a grain of salt. 

Anyway, have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow, everybody! Stay safe! 🙂

Yes, if Brigitte would replace Sharon, I'd be thrilled. She's spicy but not a mean girl.

Yeah, Sheryl is too sweet a person to behave like Sharon. 

You too! Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving everyone! 😀I am thankful for this forum and all the lovely people here. 

• Love 5

It sounds like they need to do some cleaning up behind the scenes too. I'm no fan of Julie's anymore but this show started to become a real mess after she left. I think not having a decent moderator to provide a little bit of structure is another issue. I really don't want to think Sheryl is taking on Sharon like traits BTS. I was really bummed out when it was revealed that she along with The Red Witch supposedly issued an ultimatum in regards to Marie. I'm not even a real fan of Marie's.  

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Is Eve leaving the show, too ? Why and when ?

She's leaving after the holidays because it's been difficult doing the show from London and she can't travel. 

5 hours ago, Jaded said:

It sounds like they need to do some cleaning up behind the scenes too. I'm no fan of Julie's anymore but this show started to become a real mess after she left. I think not having a decent moderator to provide a little bit of structure is another issue. I really don't want to think Sheryl is taking on Sharon like traits BTS. I was really bummed out when it was revealed that she along with The Red Witch supposedly issued an ultimatum in regards to Marie. I'm not even a real fan of Marie's. 

19 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

Edited by chediavolo
20 hours ago, Jaded said:

I really don't want to think Sheryl is taking on Sharon like traits BTS.

I believe it. She's so far up the self-appointed queen's ass that it's now probably foregone conclusion.

• Love 3
On 11/26/2020 at 11:18 AM, LetsStartTalking said:

This show is becoming a revolving door of hosts. How many gone in 11 seasons?

Marissa Jaret Winokur

Leah Remini

Holly Robinson Peete

Aisha Tyler

Julie Chen

Sara Gilbert

Marie Osmond

Eve

It's funny because not too long ago Julie Chen mentioned on WWHL how The View had become a revolving door of hosts.  Be careful what you say, Ms. Chen.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

In terms of Sheryl having something to do with Marie leaving the show.  I don't believe it and really hope that it is not true.  The way Sheryl always fawned over Donny Osmond and connected with Marie on a spiritual level make that rumor so hard for me to believe.  However, if it somehow was/is true would make Sheryl one of the biggest hypocrites.  Her talk about how the Queens of Comedy did her dirty and how spiritually centered she is would make me question her morals and truthfulness.  

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, A.J. said:

It's funny because not too long ago Julie Chen mentioned on WWHL how The View had become a revolving door of hosts.  Be careful what you say, Ms. Chen.  

Julie really did become arrogant at some point and we saw what happened.. Pride goeth before the fall...

• Love 2

Finally got the schedule for the rest of the week:

Tuesday - Actors Alfonso Ribiero and Tatyana Ali.

Wednesday - Singer Michael Bolton. 

Thursday - Journalist Lisa Ling (🥰).

Friday - Actors Jay Hernandez and Lucas Till; chef and author Ree Drummond. 

• Love 2

What's up with the producers of the Saved By the Bell reboot taking those jabs at Selena Gomez and her kidney transplant? Sharon's a fine one to talk, but I did agree with her that it was disrespectful and uncalled for. 

I love Joel McHale and his undercover shade. 😁

• Love 1

I loved Joel too. Funny guy. 

I cannot wait to see Alfonso and Tatiana tomorrow.

I think this Saved by The Bell was trying too hard. Bad decision by the writers to joke about Selena's transplant.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, A.J. said:

In terms of Sheryl having something to do with Marie leaving the show.  I don't believe it and really hope that it is not true.  The way Sheryl always fawned over Donny Osmond and connected with Marie on a spiritual level make that rumor so hard for me to believe.  However, if it somehow was/is true would make Sheryl one of the biggest hypocrites.  Her talk about how the Queens of Comedy did her dirty and how spiritually centered she is would make me question her morals and truthfulness.  

Well we know Julie Chen believes it because it was reported in Page Six of the NYP, and in the clip above Chen says she believes everything reported in Page Six when it came to The View. Can't be they report the truth on The View and lies about The Talk.

• LOL 1
13 minutes ago, iHateAmpersands said:

They just announced that Elaine Welteroth and Amanda Kloots are the new co-hosts and they start in January.

I was hoping Rumer would get the job, but of the two chosen I think Elaine will be good. Amanda's nice and all, but her platitudes don't really add much imo. 

1 minute ago, Mikita said:

Eve is leaving??

She announced it last month. She'll be on through the holidays.

Why even bother mentioning prior hosts if you're going to leave Holly and Leah out again? Sharon, you're still sitting in a seat you didn't deserve. Let it gooooo!!!! 🙄

• Love 5
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

I was hoping Rumer would get the job, but of the two chosen I think Elaine will be good. Amanda's nice and all, but her platitudes don't really add much imo. 

She announced it last month. She'll be on through the holidays.

Why even bother mentioning prior hosts if you're going to leave Holly and Leah out again? Sharon, you're still sitting in a seat you didn't deserve. Let it gooooo!!!! 🙄

This sucks.  Can’t stand Amanda Kloots.  Starting to think about deleting it from my recordings. 

• Love 1

Today they were discussing who had ever smoked pot. Sharon said that she had never smoked a cigarette or pot, but liked to drink and pop pills. Any guesses as to which she prefers? I’d say that she probably would have liked uppers in her younger years...to keep up with Ozzy and keep an eagle eye on him so he wasn’t out cavorting with his groupies. 

I also took it that Eve (when it was legal in CA and she was there) and Sheryl still liked to toke. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

When they were discussing the new co-hosts, I had to laugh when SO looked to Carrie Ann because she couldn't remember their names.

Carrie Ann should've said "Holly and Leah. Oh, one of them will need that seat so you just see yourself out. BYE, WITCH!" 😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I quit watching regularly after Sara left. I guess in reality I quit watching for the most part. I think I tried watching two or three shows when Marie was on and didn't feel like the show flowed the same especially since that's when Sharon positioned herself as the Queen Witch. The quarantine episodes I saw bits of drove me crazy with the awkwardness. I find The Real has done a good job with how they've handled the hosts hosting from home. I have The Talk and The View set to record daily even though I always end up deleting the unwatched episodes after a couple days.

The new hosts they've announced don't make me want to try and start watching again. They need to do something about whoever is in charge of casting and send Sharon out the door too. She and Meghan on The View just ruin each of their respective shows. Even without Meghan on The View I'm not inspired to tune back in because it was due to her that I got out of the habit of watching so now I don't really care. I think I've reached that point with The Talk too.

I never thought out of the three female led panel talk shows that I watched at one time that The Real would be the last one I could actually enjoy watching.

• Love 7

You know, it’s kind of pathetic that a person gets attention because of the death of a spouse.  I highly doubt that many people ever heard of Kloots before her husband tragically died from COVID, and now she gets a great job just because of a death.  

I think Elaine will work well.  I do like her.  But I won’t watch because of that bozo Sharon.  I really miss Sara, and the show went downhill after she left. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Jaded said:

I quit watching regularly after Sara left. I guess in reality I quit watching for the most part. I think I tried watching two or three shows when Marie was on and didn't feel like the show flowed the same especially since that's when Sharon positioned herself as the Queen Witch. The quarantine episodes I saw bits of drove me crazy with the awkwardness. I find The Real has done a good job with how they've handled the hosts hosting from home. I have The Talk and The View set to record daily even though I always end up deleting the unwatched episodes after a couple days.

The new hosts they've announced don't make me want to try and start watching again. They need to do something about whoever is in charge of casting and send Sharon out the door too. She and Meghan on The View just ruin each of their respective shows. Even without Meghan on The View I'm not inspired to tune back in because it was due to her that I got out of the habit of watching so now I don't really care. I think I've reached that point with The Talk too.

I never thought out of the three female led panel talk shows that I watched at one time that The Real would be the last one I could actually enjoy watching.

I agree with you about Sharon and Meghan. It's sad The Talk is getting worse with time. I miss fun hosts like Holly, Leah, Aisha and Sara. Whoever is in charge of casting is doing a bad job. My guess is ratings will continue to go down. 

• Love 6